Being Human: A Whole Lotta Side-Butt

Well, obviously we're first going to talk about how every single cast member got naked in last night's episode of Being Human, "Addicted to Love." You need proof? Okay, here's visual proof of the parade of side-butts. If you're under 18, ask your mom if you can look at these pictures first!

Butt alert #1:
Aidan and Suren show some cheek in what appears to be a college dorm room or a fancy Detroit hotel!

Butt alert #2:
Poor Josh was the only one who got naked by himself. That floor must be sooooo cold.

Butt alert #3:
Long-distance buttage of Nora, Connor, and Brynn. Or is that a photo of the day after a Phish set at Bonnaroo?

Butt alert #4:
Sally gets the Red-Shoe Diaries classy up-pan!

There's always been an underlying tone of sex and doing it on Being Human, as is the case with all vampire fiction. But this show has never been as graphic and near-nude as it was last night. Was I watching Syfynemax? Far be it for me to complain about Meaghan Rath showing a little skin, but boy oh boy it sure did distract me from my job of paying attention. Here I am wondering if Nora really did wolf out on her ex, and then BAM! Look at Sam Huntington's pale ass! Needless to say, there was much rewinding in an effort to get the mental train back on the tracks.

Maybe it was an extra hot day in Montreal. Maybe it was a sign of team unity, you know, like when hockey players all grow beards during the playoffs. Maybe when you work with a totally hot cast you just break down and get naked. But it wasn't just the main cast. This guy got to do some graphic dry-humping... TWICE!

Anyway, let's all try to remember what happened when clothes weren't littering the floor. Things were moving pretty darned fast all episode long, and the hurried pace forced some character decisions to happen a little too speedy for my taste. Sally never really thought out the whole body-possession thing, and is going down the path of the metaphorical addiction storyline I had hoped she wouldn't. I liked seeing her get stuck in Janet's body after humping her boyfriend, but I'm not sure it was the best idea to go back to the hospital to seek help since that's where the boyfriend works. That's just poor planning, Sally! Of COURSE you were going to run into him, this is a TV show!

Eventually Sally got knocked out of Janet's body by the reaper, but a little part of her stayed, giving Janet visions of Sally's murder and generally freaking out her puny little mind. And when normal humans get weirded out, they draw charcoal-sketch scary ghosts that look like the one that's hunting Sally. I don't want to nitpick here, but I'm more concerned about what happens when Janet is possessed. Does she remember anything? Or is it just blank space? I have a feeling that Being Human will just ignore the issue and never address it, because if they were going to do it, yesterday would have been the time. Don't sci-fi writers know that we geeks need to comb through every little detail?

Josh is still working with the purebred were-brats on finding a cure, and Nora finally got to meet them. But the real news here is the re-appearance of Nora's ex, Will. You know, the guy who threw battery acid or hot soup all over Nora's stomach. His return didn't sit well with Josh, and it took only a few minutes of convincing from Connor to get Josh to go kick his ass. Totally out of character for Josh, sorry. Maybe it's the impending full moon that's turning him into a maniac? I don't know, all I do know is that regular Josh would never do that.

Nora isn't doing too well with Will's return, either. I was scared the writers would do something like make her want to return to him, but instead, she (or the wolf inside her) fantasized about tearing him to pieces. She was doing a total U-turn on her werewolfism and embracing the beast inside her. So she, along with the were-brats, totally gang-ate Will, who likes to work on scary isolated houses in the middle of the night. Sorry, bro. You had that coming with your asking-for-it work schedule. Also, have I ever mentioned how great Nora looks with dirt and blood all over her face? Can you ladies out there make that the hot new makeup style? Cuz it totally works for me.

Aidan's life has gotten a bit more complicated (shocker) now that he's sucking blood and face with Suren, and their complex relationship finally came to light. The three-episode flashback we've been suffering through watching explained itself by showing us what really happened back in the days when a man could wear a horrible mustache and call chicks "dames." Aidan refused Suren's advances because, well, company ink and all. You know who didn't refuse Suren's advances? Aidan's horny progeny Henry, who is nothing but bad news. Despite Aidan's warning of Suren being a one-vampire kind of woman, Henry shagged every lady willing to spread 'em at the fancy cocktail party, and of course Suren found out. We already knew that Suren went nutso at the party, so watching Suren rip out the throat of the slut who did her man wasn't surprising. But what followed was. Vampire PR rule number one: Don't eat people in public. With Suren having made her move, Mother had no choice but to turn the cocktail party into a full-on human buffet.

But that wasn't all! In current times, Mother demanded that all of Bishop's vamp-orphans be poked with sharp sticks, and Aidan and Suren teamed up on a stake-out (haha, good one, Tim!). In the orphans' nest, guess who popped up in front of Aidan while Suren was in the other room? Yup, it was Henry. And what happens next is going to have to wait until next week.

I don't know if anyone else felt this way, but "Addicted to Love" felt TOO dense for me. Almost as if this could have been split up into two episodes, especially considering Josh's and Sally's stories. I would have really liked to see Sally's awkward time spent inside Janet. Why not show a little bit of the bad side of being corporeal? Throw Sally on a crowded bus during rush hour! And will could have caused a little more tension between Nora and Josh as he was around for one more episode. That'd give Josh more time to believably get angry at Will instead of flying off the handle like he did. And Nora would have more time to wrestle with her lupine desires. I know this isn't my show, but that's how I would have done it. We all love this show because we like the characters, and when they do things we don't understand, well, it just doesn't sit well.

Being Human works best when we're really seeing the friendship that bonds the three roommates together, not when the writers are piling the crazy on top of more crazy. Take a deep breath, Being Human, relax and tell a few jokes. Got it? Got it. I'm not hatin', but let's get back to the quality we saw in the early part of the season.

Follow TV.com writer Tim Surette on Twitter: @TimAtTVDotCom

That little inclusion of "Drogo approve" had me hardcore laughing!

I can see what you mean about this episode being too dense, there was a lot of information thrown at us which could have been elongated into two episodes to smooth the transition. One thing I did enjoy however, was the culmination of the three episode flash-back of Suren and Aidan at the fancy party. Since we saw the original flash-back, I was curious to find out the circumstances and hoped the writers would clue us in. Thankfully they did.

What I'm more intrigued on is finding out what will happen between Nora and Josh after she stood him up at the storage facility and instead opted for a tasty human meal with the purebred twins! I can't wait to see how this will play out. Did she think it was a mistake? Will Josh hate her for wanting to run wild with the pack?
Yeah, the "this guy" is Canadian actor Kyle Schmid, who coincidentally starred as another vampire named Henry in the series 'Blood Ties' a few years ago. He also guest starred on 'Smallville' season 8 (during the same season as Sam Witwer's DoomsDay/Davis Bloom)
Ugh, Nora... amirite?

I see her and the two purebreds getting taken care of by a Wolfy Josh. I mean, he already took out an undefeated Wolf pit-fighter. Here's to hoping...
lol Though I have not watched this new series, it is nice to see cheeks instead of'' baby feeders''[boobs] for a change. LOL
"This guy"'s name is Kyle Schmid. He has quite a few fans from a previous show he did (Blood Ties) who have followed him to this show. And since his story line seems pretty darned interesting we can't wait to see more.
Hahahaa! Fabulous review. Drogo approved--more than just the twincest? I agree it would be nice for somethings to take longer and others to hurry to their conclusions, but overall, I like the pacing of this series. Really curious to see the fallout of Nora's "indescretions" and Henry's for that matter...
One of the main reasons I have liked this show was because they didn't " go there." If I wanted to see that I would watch True Blood. Didn't like this episode at all.
Funny review , Tim ! "Drogo approve" - hilarious as your "Fus Roh DAh!" - reference on TN.

NOT SO FUNNY are your complaints about this episode - too much crazy shit, too dense ? Dragging out over 3 eps ? Josh acting out of character ? I was irritated about Josh NOT slashing Will AT ONCE in the hospital and he only kicked him a little here and there, he DIDN'T EVEN HAD TO QUIT HIS CONSTRUCTION JOB !!! Obviously you were never physically harmed by ANYONE in your life or else you would completely understand Nora and Josh, you have to do something or you won't be FREE for the rest of your life. That's sad but true. What would you have done, Tim ? Give him some unfriendly eyes ? And Josh is a beast beneath, we know that from season 1 already.

Awesome episode - almost epic.
his episode was all kinds of awesome...
I pretty much liked everything about this episode. The Aidan-Suren connection definitely hit hard when they showed that her mother and others committed mass murder just to cover up Suren's actions. Also, Aidan going off the deep end with the blood sucking was very good and dramatic to watch.

I also liked that Nora has given in to the dark side a lot (not a little!). The attack on the ex was very suprising, especially when Josh attacked him. By the way, I had no problem with either attack; I think that SOB got what he deserved.

Sally's actions and consequences in this episode were entertaining and disturbing at the same time. Finding out that smoking man is the reaper was a great WOW moment for me. Also, Sally realizing that posessing human bodies causes them to retain ghost memories was a little disturbing (in a good way).

I don't see the big deal over the nakedness or "butt shots" in the episode. Last time I checked, this show is for adults, and adults get naked when having sex. Granted, there was a lot of it going on, but it's not that big of a deal to me. Even the naked post-wolfing shots! C'mon, TIm! Take it easy!
I just never bought into any of the Aiden/Suren flashback scenes, thus I never felt the supposed emotional connection between the two - making Aiden's backslide into the old ways feels completely arbitrary and manufactured. Is this going to be a recurring theme every season for him? I hope they can come up with something else to challenge his character than primal blood lust over and over.

I hope they come back to how Janet was affected by Sally during and after possession. It seems like Janet would be completely overtaken and not know what's going on while Sally's wearing her "meat suit", but I'd like to hear that from them.

BTW, if Nora wants to wolf out and wake up dirty and naked every few episodes, you won't hear me complain. :)
my only complaint is i hope wolf Nora didn't just have a threesome with wolf siblings.. that's so wrong.. and I'm not interested in such a dramatic situation as Josh finding out she cheated on him, wolf or not.
I really liked the episode, though I think some of the scenes could have had a bigger OMG did that just happen!? effect like when Mother Locked down the party in the flash backs, or when Sally was stuck and the Reaper came for her. A little rushed perhaps. I did like Josh and Nora's story lines the best, and I don't think they did any thing wrong with it. I liked that Josh drastically changed, it was right before the full moon, peer pressure over a woman and honor = men go crazy for their women's honor especially if they are a werewolf! It was out of character, but that was addressed properly. I think we will see conflict between Josh and Conner over Nora.
By the way, it's funny how some actors are casted in very similar roles. Kyle Schimid (Aidan's progeny Henry) used to be main cast for another vampire series, Blood Ties, aired on Canadian TV a couple of yeas ago. There, he played an illegitimate son of Henry VIII, turned into vampire, called - you'll never guess - Henry ...
Generally, I'd say I agree with you. There wasn't anything that happened that I particularly had a problem with, indeed, I find these story-lines to be quite interesting, but given this show's generally slow and methodical pace, it did feel a little rushed. I'm hoping that this very next episode slows it down and has everyone poring over the events of this episode and taking in what it all means. Still love this show.
As my husband and I finished watching the episode I said "I can't believe we just saw everyone's ass". It was too over-the-top for me. I was very disappointed with this episode. I feel let down for the second week in a row. I just don't understand Sally's or Josh's actions. Like you said, if they would have developed these storylines more, perhaps in two episodes, the stuff they did would have been understandable and believable. As for Aidan, I'm just really annoyed that he's back to bloodlust/sex scenarios that we saw him go through in season one. And I can't stand Suren. She just annoys me.

The writers screwed up by not addressing what happens to Janet when she's possessed. I didn't get it. After the sex scene, when Sally left her body the first time, she cuddled with the boyfriend as if she remembered everything. But that wouldn't really make sense.

And, I must add, I am very disappointed in Nora. She quickly went to the bad side.
A lot of ass shots in this episode. Why I have a feeling Nora is going to start having a thing for Connor because of his wolf side. She kind of stared at his naked body a little bit too long there at the end.
Getting a little too soapy for me. I mean, what the hek is so wonderful about that hospital that family members, ex-fiances, and ex-lovers from all over the country keep showing up?
"we geeks need to comb through every little detail" - quite. So I thought that people don't remember what they did as wolfs, and that wolfs don't have a "human" mind in them. So how come three of them gang up on Will? That would mean they'd remember what they decided in their human form. If they can do that, why do they need to lock themselves up - they could remember to stay at home. In different universes, a were turns into wolf form but keeps his human mind; not here, though.

Male butts don't do anything for me. But it's equal opportunity, right?
The Wolf is always inside, always apart of every emotion and feeling, so I'm sure when in Wolf Mode the instinct to seek vengeance was quite strong and perhaps amplified, and wolves in a pack are even more dangerous. Wolves in general are very smart, and like people in many ways, though different in many as well.
Well, sure, with the fur, all fours things... (just kidding)
I had been wondering the same thing about the wolves
I've been enjoying this season so far, but I think all plotlines except for Aidens went in wrong directions this episode..
First, dames, really? When I heard funny-stache Aidan say that I almost puked. That is blatantly horrible dialogue. Secondly, blood and dirt face, yummy. All I kept thinking was strawberries, and how fresh that dirt and grass probably smelled.

Also, not to date myself, but I have done drugs. (I know that sentence makes no sense, that is the point (indirect humor)) The point is, Sally getting addicted easily to the body-jumping, her equivalent to drugs, makes sense, but her super-sacked eyes were a bit of a stretch. The writers could have fleshed, pun intended, that out more. Sally could have experienced so much that she never got to experience as a person murdered at a relatively young age. Then, after many bodies or uses, she could have been physically/mentally addicted and needed help escaping from the bodies.

Lastly, not only should Nora's ex be murdered, the eventual residents of the creepy entirely-too-far-out-into-the-woods house should be murdered as well. If I were the were-ones, I would store that address in my murderous memory.

Editor's Note: I am my own editor. I would just like to say there are lots of honest and conceived ironies in this post. There is also an intentional amount of gross over-usage of hyphenated words. No, I don't know why.
Staff
Totally agree with you re: Sally's eye bags. But maybe it's better than heroin. Who knows!
Again, not to date myself, but maybe I will find out one day when I die.