Bidding Adieu to Alias

When it was announced that this would be the last season of Alias, TV.com wasn't surprised. The show has plummeted in the ratings this season (thanks a lot for moving it out of its post-Lost time slot, ABC!), and Jennifer Garner's pregnancy has caused the writers to get a little "creative" with the storylines. Plus, how many times can Sydney infiltrate a dance club in Eastern Europe while wearing a wig?

With Lost, J.J. Abrams proved he had even more to offer, but Alias was like a blast of fresh air back in 2001. Nowadays, action heroines are everywhere, but when the series premiered it was a groundbreaking thrill ride: a hot college girl is a butt-kicking uber-spy? That's an offer no TV viewer can refuse. Actually, some viewers refused it, especially this season.

Let's hope that ABC gives the Alias folks the budget and freedom to send the show off in style. TV.com has done a lot of thinking about this, so we've decided to help out the writers and give them some ideas about what they could do in the finale.

For one, TV.com thinks that Vaughan should definitely come back and prove to everyone that he wasn't a turncoat. Sydney and Vaughan should live happily ever after in Sydney's cool modern design house.

Sloan should tell those blackmailers to stuff it, even though that means risking the life of his daughter Nadie, but then Nadia should wake up anyway, perfectly fine and ready to kick bad guys in the face. At that point, Nadia, Sydney, the French chick, and that new girl should get together and run down various alleyways shooting people and doing a lot of kicks and stuff.

As a personal favor, we'd like to see more of the fake Sloan, in the form of Joel Gray. Something about that whole thing just made TV.com laugh. It was hilarious!

Whatever you do, don't kill Sydney's dad. As a matter of fact, let him fall in love and heal his aching heart. The guy is obviously tortured. Have him live happily ever after in a modern design house.

As for the rest of the cast, they all get promotions or retire; they all deserve it.

What else do you think should happen on the series finale? A network executive green-lights another season? Let us know!

Ok, Vaughan must come back fully alive, not as a ghost or apparition or cheesy hallucination, alive! The viewers will tolerate nothing else. Marshall and Rachel should be brother and sister, as should Vaughan and Renee. Jack should find true love. (that leaves Irina out) Sloane should find out that his wife is really alive and that he can only have her back by giving up his Rambaldi obsession. Will and Rachel should get together, and of course, Vaughan, Sydney and baby must live happily ever after! Thanks for everything JJ and everyone.
The father of the baby should not be Vaughn. I think it should be Sark. Yes they should bring SARK back. Vaughn should have been captured for a few months without anyone knowing, & SARK was doubled to be Vaughn. Sark is inlove with Sydney & was killed before anyone knew the truth. Later on vaughn should be freed & it becomes intense that sydney could not detect it was not him. They break up & sydney now knows Sark is the father of her baby & has to deal with it.
Towards the end of the Season, its discovered Sark is still alive & then comes to see Sydney and his baby and let her know he loves sydney but the baby has to come with him & runs off & sydney faints. Just to leave an opening for a possible 6th season.

Yes a GREENLIGHT would be AWESOME

To me Vaughn and Sydney are the stars of Alias, at first there was only sydney but now I can't watch an episode without both of them.Rambaldi and the secrets of Derevko Family is the things
that keep us on the edge.Knowing the family stuff and the whole creation of Rambaldi is the main plot.It's difficult to make it end cause we could have tons of histories...
When was the season finale?

I missed it.

Thanks,
Mary Lyons
I totally and completely with everything you think should happen on the season finale of Alias. I really like for my favorite shows to have happy endings. If I want death and unhappy endings, I'll watch the news. Hopefully we won't be disappointed.
I am going to miss this show. The first 2 seasons still give me goosebumbs anytime I think about it. After painfully suffering through seasons 3 & 4 I have really enjoyed this 5th and final season.

Heres what I hope should happen in the final episodes :
- Vaughn stays dead. I am a big fan of Matt Vartan but his charactor's death adds more weight to the series finale.
- The "Rambaldi" storyline gets solved in an exciting climax during the last episode.
- Sloane dies heroically and redeems himself for all his past sins and mistakes.
- Jack survives and is able to provide Sidney (and his grandchild) with the fatherly care and support that he wasn't able to provide his daughter for many years.
- Nadia passes away or stays forever in a coma.
- Rachael becomes the new "Sidney" for the CIA. Dixon becomes her regular partner.
- Marshall keeps doing what he's doing.
- new guy gets his life saved by Rachael (the next Sidney) and their relationship takes blossoms (ala Sidney and Vaughn).
- Irena is killed by Sidney in the final episode after Irena needs to scarifice Sidney's child for some Rambaldi thing.
The whole thing with Rambaldi ends up being a "Redemption" machine that turns back the clock. Followers need the baby to complete it. When it happens Irina is there and turns back time. In this "new" alternate life, she remains loyal to Jack, Syd and U.S. Cut to Sydney grown up. She goes to college, meets Vaughn, marries him, has baby boy. Cut to their young, archeologist son finding an old Rambaldi manuscript. He opens it, amazed by his discovery. He looks up, and camera fades.

Please God, no spin offs. Jennifer Garner was the show. You can't bring back the innocence.
The fans wants & need another season...please
I agree - i really hope they don't kill syndey's dad -he's been through enough!!!
happily every after for everyone is pretty much what i want. although of course a green-light for season 6 would be fantastic too lol.
I stopped watching Alias somewhere in the middle of the last season... It just isn't interesting anymore. Let's hope it makes room to some other great series.
I definately agree that something HUGE has to be revealed about Rambaldi or something that makes us all go "Whoa!" but just as long as it doesnt leave any cliffhangers, because I agree in that a spin off show is a bad idea, first of all, its not the original thing and just wont be as good. Nadia should wake up and marry Weiss, even tho he's moved away.
Irina should stop her shananigans and just go back to Jack and he should retire, I think he's desereved it.
Will should come out of Witness Protection and marry Sydney to take care of her and baby Bristow, they both obviously love each other as friends and more, besides, a friendship is the best way to start a serious relationship.
As for the other three new people, i dont think anything big should happen except that they continue working with the CIA just like Sydney and Vaughn did.
I looked at Alias every episode in every season exept the two latest... i really loved this serie but now I dont even look ast it! It feels like the writer just writing because to make money... And thats way i haven´t looked at Alias the latest episodes, and that swedens channel 4 are showing he serie to late... Hate It...
Jennifer Garner wakes up next to Ben and says, i had a strange dream...
Alias is cancelled! Hooray!!!
I agree with Jack finally getting the gal. But with the way the show works, I seriously doubt it will happen.
What if its another Dallas and syndey was kidnapped and drugged and the season so far has been the effects of the drugs. She is saved by her father and Vaughn and she is still in the very early stages of pregnancy. They find out what really heppened with Vaughns father and Jack ends up with Sydneys mother again. The baby is a girl and they name her Rose.
PLEASE OH PLEASE JJ... DON'T KILL ALIAS! Let us all wake up and think it was a bad dream. Put MV back on and the ratings will go back up!
ANOTHER SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!
I just got 'hooked' on it this summer during reruns... please oh please don't cancel it!
vaughn should come back. sloane and jack should go rouge, it could be cool, to have sydney find out that her father is a double agent, and NOT within the C.I.A... let the true bad guys come out... ;D
Sydney will have her little girl, and together with Vaughn, she will, for once make the world a safer place to live... :D

Nathalia.. :D
Bring back nadia!! I think Syd should help Sloane find a cure for her and then she and her sis can be reunited. Vaughn needs to stay dead, because it doesn't make sense to bring him back. Irina needs to die.
it's kind of sad but seems time...
I just realized what ought to happen.

Sloane finally assembles the full Rambaldi device. Milo Rambaldi itself ends up surviving the assassination attempt from Season 1 and helps Sloane revive Vaughn.

That would get Alias back to it's semi-science fiction/spy story roots.
First, remember that Buffy was kicking butt before Sydney..that's where the groundbreaking occurred. Nothing against Alias...I am even enjoying the current season and and saddened at it's demise. Just putting credit where it's due.

Now, here's what I think could happen in the end.

Vaughn is found in suspended animation or something to that effect and does indeed get to prove he is no turncoat.

Sloane is killed defying the blackmailers as he blocks a bullet intended for Nadia who is still comatose. Sydney ends up delivering the eulogy.

Jack and Irina are reunited in a strange but interesting re-marraige and Sydney, Vaughn and baby end up in a kind of witness protection.
I havn't even seen 'Alias' for basically the past two months. Ever since they took it out of the great 8:00 time slot on Wednesday(!), I have not watched. And it really makes me sad, because I was going to stay strong with ABC and continue viewership. But it seems like they just completely gave out with Jen's pregnancy and let the show go to waste. I mean, terminated the perfect time slot (and then moving it to a horrible Tuesday at 10:00; which is impossible to compete with the WB), they quit all publicity for the most part, they let the writers get very sloppy, AND they wrote everyone out! No more Vaughn, no more Nadia, very little Jack (who might die!), and a fake Sloane?! I hate to see it go, but with all that, it can't possibly stay alive...
At least another season would do just fine... And I'll always say that!
SLOAN MUST DIE!
It's just that simple.
Sydney's dad should have his own show called Ex-Spyville in which he marries a woman and adopts her ipod, video game playing teenagers. Hijinks ensue in some sort of twisted Leave It to Beaver redux. With hot chicks throwing leg kicks and killing people every other show.

Alias, Season One: Awesome!
Alias, Season Two: Pretty good. But the writing was on the wall w/o ABC's support.
Alias, season 3: WTF?
Alias, season 4: what's the point. What day is it on again?
No Cmments
I like the ideas. I don't think they should kill anyone of.
Sloane should sacrifice himself to save someones life, just to prove one and for all that he is reformed......having everyone forgive him after all he has done would be far too unrealistic, and that's pretty much the only way his storyline could end
we need Irina! how about making it to where Irina has a world threatening plot, but when it comes crunch time, Jen can not kill her own mother. that's when Jack tells her how proud he's always been of her, then takes himself and irina out in a desperate explosion. Syd and vaughn move on, out of the cia...or so we're led to think....
that works for me.
They should have never had the self-contained season....if they didnt have that then I think the ratings would have stayed up.
i think the rest of the episodes should be about bringing back the things the viewers loved in the earlier seasons that includes characters like will,irina,and ofcourse vaughn.and it should certainly lead up to some big ramboldi thing like finding out he was recarnated into one of the main characters like salone or even jack, that be cool or just something weird happening with the ramboldi prophecys lyk they always do.Alias needs to go out with a bang... the fans deserve that!
Yeah, the Rambaldi stuff should be all sorted.
Kill someone, of course.
But most importantly do something with Jack Bristow, he's freaking brilliant!
Give him a movie, rated 18/R so he can kick ass brutally and be as mean as possible.
Vaughan, sure Sidney was the star, but come on, are they that far gone to think that Vaughan wasn't a part of the heart of the show, apparantely they are, Hollywood is blind now. Course, this has been the case for many years, blah blah blah... etc...
Resolve and explain rambaldi already!
Killing Vaughn basically killed the show for diehard fans. I was happy with Rachel Nichols joining the cast ever since I first saw her on the short lived "The Inside". But, I can't deal with Sydney going on missions being pregnant. I don't understand why she has to do field work in her condition. It just looks silly. I definitely think that they should bring back Vaughn for the end. As for Sloan, he should die doing something heroic. Jack should retire and live happily ever after. Hasn't Sydney been though enough pain and agony already. she doesn't need to see her father die also. Perhaps they could make Irina save Jacks life as one of her last actions of the series. And finally, the could put some closure on the Rambaldi scenario.
Her name is Nadia, not Mia!
No more seasons...for sure. I don't want it to go down in ratings any more than it already has.

Vaughan should come back and shoot all the guys who forced him to play dead.

Eric should marry Nadia (after she's wakes up--as described above) and also live happily ever after in a modern design house.

Sydney should have twins...just because!

I will probably make ppl hate me with this--but I think Jack should die in the finale. It would be so emotional--but he would die a hero, and bring everyone together. Oh--and on his deathbed he would see that Michael was alive and accept him and charge him with keeping Sydney safe always...you get the idea.

Basically, I want it to be an explosive finale...but resolve it, b/c a spin-off would NOT be good!
I think that a couple of the main cast should end up dying throughout the last couple of episodes. I also think they shouldn't bring back Vaughn. For the series finale I think something big should happen, involving Rambaldi , that send Sydney and the rest on a huge mission to end something or kill someone or well just something! :P In the very end though I want Sydney to live happily ever after.
i totally agree with another viewers opinion that rambaldi should bring back and make a big closure around it. The success of the show for the first three seasons was all about the rambaldi artifacts and how the merge with sydney and spooky stories of prophecy and big cover-ups. They cannot forget about it and end the show with joey and everyone live happily ever after!!
Vaughn should definitely stay dead (someone should die on this show and stop bringing people back from the dead!), and as i said a the rambaldi mystery should be the end of the show, something really huge!
Does keeping it clean mean I can't hope for a lesbian "alias" scene.
It should end the way all great tragedies end: She engages in a passionate love scene with Jack Bristow, and then goes out guns blazing, but during the final gun battle she gives birth to a little girl who takes her mother's fallen arms and destroys their would be attackers. It would be freaking beautiful.
Bring Vaughn and Will back!
I think that this season is turning out really good!!!! It started out okay, but now it's awesome like it was before!!! Irina is back!! That is so much excitement already!! THe Prophet Five!!! I thnk it's awesome!
Load More Comments