Blog Spotlight: The Unit: What Would Have Happened in the Fifth (and Likely) Final Season

Much to the dismay of the show’s loyal followers, The Unit was cancelled by CBS in May. The series’ viewership had declined in its later years but, despite being preempted several times, still attracted 9.67 million viewers in season four.

The Unit was supposedly being seriously considered to continue in first-run syndication but the deal didn’t work out, likely because of production costs. Sadly, while the military drama and Dennis Haysbert, Regina Taylor, Robert Patrick, and Scott Foley will be around in syndication for years to come, we won’t be seeing season five of The Unit.

Read More...

just seen episode four in two days...couldnt stop watching
amazed by the fact not only you in de usa but here in holland we love this series and don't know what goes on after the cliffhanger. incredible indeed to see how this cbs just closes an incredible storyline and not rapping things up....SO FROM ACROSS...WE WANT EPISODE 5 AND WE WANT IT NOW
I am just like the rest of the 9.67+ million fans who hate the idea of CBS canceling a show like The Unit until I realize that CBS did it for our own good.
In this age were the economy is shaky it was nice to see a network sacrifice a great show so that we would not keep buying the complete seasons on DVD.
For myself that saves me $50 a year. All joking aside, I do not care what shows they put on CBS from this point on. I will not watch anything from CBS just so I can get attached to it and then have it pulled from me.
CBS did this with another show a long time ago called Martial Law with Samo Hung. I am not going to get sucked in again.
I will monitor my guide and if by some freakish chance I see new episodes of The Unit on then I will return to CBS. CBS is not the only station on TV.
This was one of the best, most realistic series on TV. What was CBS thinking of when they cancelled this show. We never missed an episode. Hopefully, CBS will reconsider their decision.
I am soooooo mad that this show was taken off the air! WHY???? i just found it! I watched the last two seasons and i want to know what the heck was gonna happen! I hate it when these networks do that! you could at least make a final episode to wrap things up! geesh. I had fallen in love with this show. I was like What the hell? where's the Unit? When i noticed my T-vo had new episodes of Cold Case. Come on, BRING MY SHOW BACK! there are 9.6 Million fans who are pissed the heck off! Why not cancel some of those other dumb shows like Medium? im mean, really, who watches that?!!!!! I WANT THE UNIT BACK NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok preempted... with 9.6 Million followers? it was the becoming a bit stale I admit But the Unit had promise to grow and grow fast.... How can you take the likes of Dennis Haysbert, Regina Taylor, Robert Patrick and Scott Foley off the air? These are truly giants of their trade and we as Fans deserve and demand the at the very least and end to what began with a bang! The Unit was and is one of the best shows that has been on Tv in the last 10 yrs. CBS is starting to stand for Cant Broadcast Stars...... are you guys afraid to have shows that attract viewers!!! The Unit was based on a story of Heros and in this day and age we as a nation need all the heros we can get! After 9/11 the Country was forced into a sort of panic and with all of the things going on both here at home and overseas it was good to see and to get a taste of what is going on over there. Along comes a simple show that had a real formabitable cast that gave both hope and some relief to those of us that needed a much needed and much desired look into what it is that our troops go through on a daily basis. Dennis Haybert and crew are unsung heros that gave us all a reason to believe in our troops..... Bring back The Unit... with out delay!!