Cartoon Network announces new shows

Cartoon Network yesterday announced its lineup of new and returning shows for 2007.

Santo tells the action packed adventures of a Mexican wrestler who fights crime.

The magical misadventures of a young chef's apprentice as he enters into the fantastic city of Marzipan are the subject of Chowder. The show features the voice acting of Carl Greenblatt, aka Fred Fredburger on The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy.

The Secret Saturdays is a comedy action series about a family of world-saving adventure scientists. The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, a new comedy series about a pirate and a talking whale, is created by Thurop Van Ormon. Re-Animated will debut as a show this summer after premiering as a movie last year.

"Cartoon Network Invaded" will feature an alien invasion that crosses over into the shows Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy, My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Camp Lazlo, and The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy. Original series Ben 10 will get a live-action movie directed by Alex Winter.

A new series of profiles called Props will begin in the summer, in which the accomplishments of 16 amazing kids are featured on-air and online. Viewers will determine six finalists by voting, or giving props, to their favorites online in a face-off challenge.

The network also will roll out CallToons, a new media initiative that lets mobile phone users replace functions such as ringtones with entertaining voice and sound provided by the users' favorite Cartoon Network character, with changing messages based on real-time information and user input.

The network also sneak peeked its massively multiplayer online game, scheduled for 2008, and announced that the hit series Class of 3000 will return for a second season.

Last week, Cartoon Network chief Jim Samples resigned due to a bomb scare in Boston that was marketing Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

WE NEED CODE: LYOKO BACK!!! it made me sooo happy when i saw the show i never got to see the whole story line till today because i went on youtube to find all the episodes i missed and it was THE BEST... I REPEAT... THE BEST!! SHOW ALIVE(:
CN need to bring back Toonami these other show are stupid and lame they so stupid it make the stupid Disney channel is going 2 have every person from cartoonnetwork people soon
I wish I could go back in time and watch the cool shows on cartoon network like code lyoko, gundam wing, dexter, and the ORIGINAL pokemon! Also all of the other shows. Also, do you all remember around 2005 and a little further back, that the host used to be that robot as the host. One last thing is, remember some of the good shows, like tower prep, and hole in the wall, is being replaced by stuff like that stupid show called "adventure time".
wish they would bring back Gundam Wing

i wish they bring back the good show, i hate the show they are showing now, its all turn GAY and i hate GAY show, i just want to watch my fav shows on toonami, and i bet every one where agree that toonami what the boom of CN
They should put Naruto back! Now CN sucks I dont even see it anymore. It has been preety boring and now they are putting stupid showws, and reality TV shows it stinks. They have to put Naruto back it was one of the best shows on CN.
they just moved naruto to disney xd whick is pretty stupid

Cartoon Network is going downhill fast. They need to bring back shows like Dexter's lab, get rid of shows like Pokemon, and get rid of all the other kiddy stuff that CN is airing now.
Bring back: Dexter, Thundercats, Dragon Ball, Dragonball Z, Loony Toons, Tom and Jerry, Powerpuff Girls, Cow and Chicken, Sheep in the Big City, IDK JUST NOT THIS CRAP!!
who like ben 10
Cartoon Network has lost it. If they really want viewers they should just only have anime. thats what first attracted me to cartoon network was toonami not any of this gay stuff they have now.

Worst thing they did was move toonami to fridays only and added magoozi

Best thing adult swim now shows the same things basically everyday. same anime oppose to before. Where it wasn't on on fridays and thursday and sundays were its gay comedy.(come on tom goes to mayor is just gay)

but seriously cartoon netwrok got me into anime. As a little kid i prefered Dbz over anything so im sure so will todays kids
Cartoon Network is run by absolute morons! Toonami & Adult Swim are pretty much the only things I watch on CN. All these stupid kiddy-shows like Squirrel Boy, Gym Partner/Monkey, Class of 3000, Out of Jimmy's Head & Ben 10 are stupid! Anime like DBZ, Ruroni Kenshin, YuYu Hakusho, Gundam Wing, Bleach, Outlaw Star, etc. are so much better.

The fact that CN puts more emphasis on their own shows than cool anime is just down-right selfish!

Of course, if you can afford expensive cable or satellite, There are channels like Funimation Ch. & Anime Network which are dedicated to anime, or you can stock up on anime DVDs. But for those of us who are too poor for all that, TV is all we have to go on. Maybe we should all sign some sort of petition or something & tell them to quit ruining their own network for our sakes, after all, isn't the whole point of TV shows to entertain us!
i know right like where the hell did gundam wing go

dudes i can not wait for the MMOG
Old school toonami made Cartoon network wat is so why are they saying stuff Ruroni Kenshin Yu Yu hakusho DB DBZ Gundum and many other didnt get ratings watever this is just cartoon network slowly turning into this disney channel knockoff with shows 3 year olds find amusing and who would move toonami to saturday and add crap like boboboboobobo or wat ever is and just dump the great shows well at least We have adult swim FOR NOW And wat i really miss was the lineup the little kids would be watchin their afternoon shows dexter j bravo ppg then the older kids would come take the remote and watch Old toonami DBZ Kenshin Hakusho

bring this back
why doesn't cn brong back the old shows they used to air, like johnny bravo and powerpuff girlz? now they're coming up with lame and cheesy live action crap that they think will bring up their ratings and make them more popular and some more money. Well, that ain't gonna work! And u know I'm not gonna watch any of them, including Santo, for one! It's such a ripoff of Mucha Lucha and El Tigre! I hope CN comes to their senses and takes off some of these shows and scraps whatever they're coming up with now, or they might as well vanish off our TVs forever!
Bring back teh oldschool shows especially Gundams and DB
I love Toonami and Adult Swim like everyone here has been saying, but our dislike for the new shows is most likely due to knowing old school CN and getting older. Younger kids however like these shows or at least SOMEONE does since I doubt CN would air shows that give them more negative feedback than positive. If your going to complain try to see it in a logical point-of-view first. Personally if CN's experimenting brings in new anime to Toonami(PoT,MAR,etc) I really don't care. If you can't stand the new shows wait till Saturday to watch CN! And also people seem to lug Pokemon in with all the other new show screw ups FYI it isn't. They've played it for over 10 years I doubt they would take down since guess what it works. So anyone posting after me PLEASE make a GOOD point or at least one that hasn't been said 20 times before!
jimmykudo_1 kill re-animated it the dumbest movie ive even seen and a show will be even worse.

agrees Its the most dumbest show they have put on sicne my jim partners a monky Its a dumb show about a kid who has a mental disorder. honeslty its up there in the ranks of the dumbest shows like hannah montana xialin showdown icarly zoe101 unfablous drak and josh squrrel boy pokemon after the original and naked brothers band ect
We might as well call Cartoon Network the Disney Channel from now on. They ruined Toonami and eventually they might even take that of. I knew when they started to play Pokemon, the channel was gonna suffer. They should play Adult Swim 6 hours earlier.
reanimated is so retarded its not even funny and old school toonami was awsome
And WTF is up with all this live action?
Now I'm a old school cartoon buff, so I remember when CN first came on, and all it showed was herculiods, and most hanna-barbara titles. Then they came out w/ boomerage, which was cool because they would play the nastalgic cartoons, like Mr. T, and GI Joe. I just think that they (CN) just keep changing their lineup around making it to hard to follow. They will put a good show on, then start moving it around in the timeslot. Just like a couple of people stated below, Dexter's Lab was a great show, but when they changed the animation, I just like most people stopped watching. Whatever happened to samuri jack, and the power puff girls, they just disappeared for show's like (I don't know the full title) imaginary friends, and my gym partner monkey. I say they need to do another revaping of the network and put shows back on like robot jones, and samuri jack.
Alright first get rid of the show land before time I watched 1 episode of that and it was a bunch of bull this is CN's second worst show ever
I'll say it again. GET RID OF CODE LYOKO!!!!
I haven't bothered to watch CN in over 2 years really. I've caught the occassional ep of Futurama, but all the new stuff they have looks really stupid. JLU, Batman Beyond, Batman TAS, X-Men, DBZ, Futurama, Transformers, Reboot, War Planets, Exo-Squad. These are the kind of shows that I like and wan to watch over and over again.
CN has sunken thus far and I shall state why First,it's the new shows,almost none of them sound intresting.Could it be that CN cares not about quaility but rather merchandise?If it wasn't for Toonami,Adult Swim,Ed,Edd n Eddy,Camp Lazlo,Fosters,Billy and Mandy,and Ben 10,I would've stopped watching them ages ago.PLus there's also the matter of Live Action movies(Though Ben 10 might be intresting)I mean they've aired stuff like Dumb and Dumber,Who Framed Rodger Rabbit,and Spider Man that aren't even Cartoons in nature and would've been better off on something lik TBS or something.Plus when Re animated went wrong they now intend ti make into a show.The Secret Saturdays,hell I can tell it's rip off of The X's,Chowder I have second thoughts on.They canned some of their crapier shows,Juniper Lee is gone,HiHiPuffyAmiYumi is long gone,Squirrel Boy is either canned or on hiatusContinuing with the new shows,Santo rips of El Tigre as I can plainly see,Flapjack sounds idiotic the only new I like from this year so far is StormHawks.getting rid Wulin Warriors was a start but Toonami is still a dismal shadow of it's former self without new episodes of Teen Titans.I miss the days of Dexter,PPG,Johnny Bravo and such.What sickens me is the crap that replaced them.No offense if you like these(though I doubt a lot do) but Gym Partner? Squirrel Boy? Re animated? none of those are good they are all crap.Then there's the quality of Toonami programing,I would like to see something GOOD not these crappy animes like Bobobo-bobobobo or The Prince of Tennis.Overall Cn is circling the drainbut there are still things that make it appeal to me
Cartoon Network is really ticking me off with their new lineup - live action movies (Though the Ben 10 one might sound interesting) and such. I remember when Toonami was what I watched on Cartoon Network. I can't even stand the Adult Swim lineup (With the exception of Futurama, Family Guy, and Robot Chicken). Foster's, Camp Lazlo, Billy and Mandy, the Eds, Ben 10 and SOMETIMES Class of 3000 and Gym Partner are the only shows I can stand on the regular Cartoon Network schedule. Santo sounds like Mucha Lucha - which I've been grossed out with and HAD a totaly bad experience because of. Reanimated SHOULD of never existed. The Secret Saturdays looks average, but not too good - and Flapjack looks idiodic. It's a good thing that Squirrel Boy is canned, Juniper Lee is long gone, and Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi is ceased to exist ... but bringing in more lame shows ... now come on! Pokemon (The show) ... which I think isn't acurate at all because of various things - is one of my most watched shows right now because of crappy CN. I remember shows like Cow + Chicken, Powerpuff Girls, Scooby Doo, Dexter, Johny Bravo, and even Whatacartoon - along with shows like Megas XLR, Teen Titans, Duck Dodgers, and more. Toonami was my hero too ... I watched it every afternoon (At my aunt's house because I didn't have Cartoon NEtwork during that time) and usually nightly at my dad's house. Now with the new crap on Cartoon Network - if they cancel Foster's and Camp Lazlo - I'll stick to Boomerang - and I won't be surprised seeing them there ...
This is in response to Asmodius37's rant: Hell Yeah!!!
I remember a day of tv where you would turn on the tv and even if nothing good was on it still was watchable. Now a days dumb shows are taking over like Gym Parkner and Squirrle Boy. I almost refuse to watch tv now but shows like naruto, zatch bell, dragonballz, and few other shows make me stay but there getting cut. Most of these new shows make no scence whats so ever but are staying on causing more and more people being turned off to watch CN. The Shomen Jump shows are the best but aren't shown that ofen. I'm surprised CN hasn't noticed how these older kids that still like cartoons don't like there new showes. Tv was once relaxing and fun to watch but it doesn't fell the same to older kids and even younger kids who have seen the good shows. Nothing fells the same.
they should play the first naruto movie
pokemon pisses me off
pogaymon pisses me off
And I swear that The Secret Saturdays screams The X's ripoff!And The X's were already bad!
df14812:YEAH!GUYS WOULD YOU STOP GOING OFF-SUBJECT!!!!!
I'm not excited in the slightest. Cartoon Network has undergone a steady decline. From a great variety cartoon channel to offering cookie-cutter crap.

Ben 10, The Eds, Fosters, Camp Lazlo, Naruto, Billy and Mandy, and the Adult Swim block are what are keeping me from completely abandoning this channel altogether. I'm all for a Ben 10 movie, but finding it that it's being live-action automatically kills it for me. The hell with the El Tigre copycat Santo, Class of 3000, Re-Animated (Seriously, the movie was bad enough, but a SHOW?), Gym Partner, and the rest. CN continues to go down the drain, and it sickens me.
to:inukunsgirl yes they are bring code loky back this summer.
I loved Ed,Edd and Eddy.I think it was a bad idea to replace Teen Titans with my Gym Partner`s A Monkey,its boring!I still like cartoon network,why do you give cartoon network bad comments because its not bad.I happy that cartoon network has start to show the newest seasons of Pokemon.
hmmm... i agree with everything people are saying... cartoon network was my favorit chanell to watch. i personaly loved toonami as all of you are saying... i also love adault swim. the hole deal with the new episodes realy are not very interesting. when cartoon network began in my life i was watching dragon ball z salor moon gundam wing many of these shows... what i loved about these shows though was you could see it unraviling like a book... i myself would always be in suspense during the hole episode when a comercial came on i would litterly yell "come on" then when all of my favorit episodes ended ide be dancing with exitement wondering what the next show would be about. now i dont watch tv very often at all... just because of these nonsense called cartoons... which yes little kids would find funny and interesting but any parent i know doesnt want thier children watching cartoon etwork any more because it makes absolutly no sense... the cartoons they show are terable...but the simple fact is, is that as the older cartoon network vewers who watched cartoon network since befor we were even able to use the bath room toilet are still here... are we not? i actioly must admit adaults like watching cartoons more than alot of children i know. i never can tell when one of the shows i actioly like will be on, because they scatter them to dificultly on the line ups. personaly i didnt like the power puff girls or dexters lab. they never made sense to me and i felt they were vulger... the shows i love(D) were/ARE DBZ ,SAILOR MOON ,INUYSHA, NARUTO ,GUNDAM WING ,BLEACH, ONE PEICE, TRINITY BLOOD, BLOOD +, FAMILY GUY, FUTURAMA, these kinds of shows are the ones that i could always love. i always new what time they were on and was always there waiting 5 to 10 minnuts ahead of time. i personaly think if they made a channelle with only these types of shows on them people would love it and the people who made such a channeele probably would have some of the highest raitings. well even though i just said what the rest of you have said ive said it again any ways. one last coment is this the showes have gone from 25 minnuts long to about 19 minuts long. which i believe is very wrong... well thats all i supose
You know, if you don't like the shows, you don't have to watch them. Just get Boomerang if you want to enjoy the Golden Age. Don't get me wrong, I hate the new lineup as much as the next guy, but you aren't going to get Cartoon Network to cancel or bring back shows because you want them to (or complain about it).
I don't like a lot of the new shows.Ok,they need to take of those crap shows(Gym Partner,Squirrel Boy,etc)and can any upcoming ones(Santo,Reanimated,etc)and get new shows with COMMON SENSE.They certainly have shown me how low kids cartoon standards are.Toonami,oh joy,we don't get anymore of Reboot,Teen Titans,Sailor Moon,Tenchi Muyo and whole lot of other good stuff,but we get Prince of Tennis.And for those of you who are slow wittted,that was sarcasim.I hope the ;live action Ben 10 doesn't become this year's Power Rangers(Ugh I don't even want to think about it)
Yay!!
Keep going CN! Nickelodean stinks and as well does disney, and lets not forget kids WB! (exept for XS that show is ok by me :D)
This is Just a Thought:
Everyone One knows that Nick and CN are Rivals. Last year CN Lunched a Time on Tv For Small Kids (5-7). But I mean CN isn't gettin old there TESTING New Ideas I bet. I Like Sum new shows My Gym parnets a monkey (I love Monkeys ^_^)
I stop watching Cartoon network because of these new shows they are adding and I use to enjoy cartoon network.
I agree with you all. Cartoon Network is starting to really suck ass. I have been watching CN since the first days it was up. It had its golden era and such and also when they had sunday dedicated to the more grown up things like space ghost and whatnot. However, I dont know WTF CN is thinking now. They seem to take pride into taking out everything that made CN good out. Id say the best shows(and i know that lots of peeps will agree) were dexter's lab(the old version), Cow and Chicken(had a unique brand of humor so you either loved it or hated it), I am weasel(same deal), PPG, Johnny bravo,samurai jack, Ed Edd and Eddy(very awesome, sux that they just made the last episode recently), JLA and JLU, Teen Titans, and Grim adventures of billy and mandy. Granted some of those shows are still on and you do get to see a few of those shows on the "Cartoon top 5", but its just not the same. As far as the whole "miguzi" thing, thats just not cutting it for me. Give me Tom and the old school Toonami any day of the week. They also need to put shows like DBZ, Tenchi, and similar shows back on the air since we all know peeps would watch thoses w/o question since DBZ did stand the test of time. As far as newer crap, other than billy and mandy, ed edd and eddy, the only thing that seems to cut the mustard for me is fosters home for imaginary friends, Naruto is solid(kinda like the replacement for DBZ), One piece(when they actually show it), Pokemon(which is way better than some of the junk they show on now even though i only tolerate it so so), Ben 10 is watchable to some degree and i think that just about covers it. Camp Lazlo is surprisingly decent, but gym parter is barely watchable, squirelboy is substandard. Im sure ive forgotten a few, but you guys get the idea. If i owned CN, id fire like 90% of the exec board since apparently more than one person agreed to airing crap and in volume at that, i mean for some of those shows its bad enough they show them once a day, but to show them like 8 times a day or so...even if the show like fosters is watchable is just plain spamming it. Overexposure to say the least. Ive also noticed CN doing that a lot. Taking certain shows and just spamming the hell out of them. Its like everytime you turn on CN, that is what you see. Personally i dont think its so much about the cartoons anymore or the viewers. Like Nickelodeon it seems its more about marketing and what sells and what doesnt since that is where the networks and such make the real money. Its no longer about making shows that dont suck or pleasing the peeps who watch them. Over the past 5 yrs, ive watched CN go into this downward spiral. They need to fix stuff or peeps are just going to wait till adult swim comes on and watch that. It was cool that CN was more or less the first 24/7 cartoon network(good move on their part), but nowadays CN shows movies that ARENT EVEN CARTOON IN NATURE!!! granted they recently showed spiderman and at one point who framed roger rabbit. both good flicks, but reanimated? that was time in peeps life that they will never get back for those peeps who watched it. It was a pile to say the least which CN probably lost money on. I say quit spending money on crap, reorganize your lineup and where you are going with the station and get a clue. Peeps wouldnt be **** this much if your lineup was even REMOTELY solid. As far as Fridays goes, granted they did have their little skits going on, but to me the best part of it was Tara Sands because i think she is hot. Thats all fridays had going on for it. I hate to admit it, but all of you really old school CN fans remember that on fridays they had a very interesting theme and concepts for fridays. like the characters(hustice, johnny bravo, the PPGs and so on would host the show and whatnot. Eventually they moved to JBVO where Johnny bravo did stuff. I even liked the wannabe commercials that went on where they would do something umm...interesting 1/week. Like they had little filler segments on fridays for example with the wannabe jane fonda looking excercise thing where the fitness guy would do stuff like the "chemical x kick" and just little zaney stuff like that. Me as an old schooler miss that kind of originality. I absolutely loved the What a Cartoon show for all of those who actually remember that. Back in the good old days. In closing CN is losing the edge they had that made them good. The execs should just take a few moments and squat down and as soon as they get their heads out of their asses, reevaluate what made the station good and work on fixing that and i guarantee w/o a doubt their ratings will go back up to where they should be and wont be as questionable(just like their programming)as it is now. Well thanks whoever is reading this for listening to my two cents. Whoever agrees with me, give me a "hell yeah!!"
I reall y think CN needs to get back to their roots by eliminating live action when they are called a Cartoon Network.Gettting rid of Fridays is a start but Fried Dynmite will only be just as bad
I hope the aliens blow up the Gym Partner's brain, the show sucks.
They need to stop putting every Transformers on Toonami for 2 or 3 weeks and move it to a 6:30 timeslot! What the hell are they thinking!

REMEMBER THE DATE!

7-4-07
All horrible shows.
I don't even watch Cartoon Network anymore. Either I'm outgrowing it, or the channel gets more childish every day.
What happened to the good shows? Zatch Bell, Johnny Bravo, PPG, Sheep In The Big City, Courage The Cowardly Dog, Megas XLR, Cow And Chicken, Dexter (The OLD one, not that newer junk), etc. I miss the good days.
Cartoon Network seriously has lost their minds. D:
As long as the Ed's remain on the air even after the end (Such as Jimmy Neutron and the Fairly Oddparents on Nick) I'm okay. Although I want them to get rid of Code Lyoko.

LONG LIVE THE ED'S!!!!!