CBS 2012-2013 Video Preview: Watch Trailers for Elementary, Vegas, Partners, and More

CBS didn't have a ton of space for new shows on its 2012-2013 schedule, but the network's new offerings do look interesting. The procedural gets an interesting makeover in Elementary, a modern-day Sherlock Holmes drama with a female Watson played by Lucy Liu. And there's a straight drama in Vegas, which has a sure bet with its all-star cast. CBS (conservative CBS!) is also taking a chance with new comedy Partners, featuring a main character who's gay! The times they are a changin'! Let's take a look at the new shows and see what we got.

THE DRAMAS

Vegas

CBS's pitch: Dennis Quaid and Michael Chiklis star in Vegas, a drama inspired by the true story of former Las Vegas Sheriff Ralph Lamb, a fourth-generation rancher tasked with bringing order to Las Vegas in the 1960s, a gambling and entertainment mecca emerging from the tumbleweeds. Ralph Lamb (Quaid) wants to be left in peace to run his ranch, but Las Vegas is now swelling with outsiders and corruption which are intruding on his simple life. Recalling Lamb's command as a military police officer during World War II, the Mayor appeals to his sense of duty to look into a murder of a casino worker—and so begins Lamb’s clash with Vincent Savino (Chiklis), a ruthless Chicago gangster who plans to make Vegas his own. Assisting Lamb in keeping law and order are his two deputies: his diplomatic, even-keeled brother Jack (Jason O'Mara) and his charming but impulsive son, Dixon (Taylor Handley). Ambitious Assistant District Attorney Katherine O'Connell (Carrie-Anne Moss), who grew up on the ranch next to the Lambs, also lends a hand in preserving justice. In Vegas, two powerful men—Lamb and Savino—are engaged in a fierce battle for control of the budding oasis, and for both of them, folding is not an option.

Official Trailer:

Our take: Well, this looks pretty damned good, and for CBS it's a step toward getting away from its typical procedural stuff. Chiklis is much better as a mobster than he is as a bumbling, super-powered dad who also is a police sketch artist. We're all in.

Elementary

CBS's pitch: Elementary stars Jonny Lee Miller as detective Sherlock Holmes and Lucy Liu as Dr. Joan Watson in a modern-day drama about a crime-solving duo that cracks the NYPD’s most impossible cases. Following his fall from grace in London and a stint in rehab, eccentric Sherlock escapes to Manhattan where his wealthy father forces him to live with his worst nightmare—a sober companion, Dr. Watson. A successful surgeon until she lost a patient and her license three years ago, Watson views her current job as another opportunity to help people, as well as paying a penance. However, the restless Sherlock is nothing like her previous clients. He informs her that none of her expertise as an addiction specialist applies to him and he’s devised his own post-rehab regimen—resuming his work as a police consultant in New York City. Watson has no choice but to accompany her irascible new charge on his jobs. But Sherlock finds her medical background helpful, and Watson realizes she has a knack for playing investigator.

Official Trailer:

Our take: A lot of people have been bashing this, but sorry, it looks pretty watchable. Jonny Lee Miller has a chance to be the star he's always been meant to be, but we'd like to see a little more chemistry between Miller and Liu than there is in the trailer. Still, there's potential for unexpected darkness here, and as long as you haven't seen the BBC's Sherlock, this looks like a fresh take on the character.

Made in Jersey

CBS's pitch: Made in Jersey is a drama about a young working-class woman who uses her street smarts to compete among her pedigreed Manhattan colleagues at a prestigious New York law firm. Martina Garretti (Janet Montgomery) finds her firm’s cutthroat landscape challenging, but what she lacks in an Ivy League education she more than makes up for with tenacity and blue-collar insight. After just a few weeks, firm founder Donovan Stark (Kyle MacLachlan), takes note of Martina’s ingenuity and resourcefulness, as does her sassy secretary Cyndi Vega (Toni Trucks). With the support of her big Italian family, including her sexy older sister Bonnie (Erin Cummings), Martina is able to stay true to her roots as a bold, passionate lawyer on the rise in a new intimidating environment.

Official Trailer:

Our take: Sooo...a person from the outside world shows stuffy lawyer types how it be? We've seen this about a million times before. Erin Brockovich + Jerseylicious just doesn't do it.

THE COMEDY

Partners

CBS's pitch: Partners is a comedy based on the lives of creators David Kohan and Max Mutchnick, about two life-long best friends and business partners whose “bromance” is tested when one of them is engaged to be married. Joe (David Krumholtz) is an accomplished architect who leads with his head and not his heart, especially in his love life. That’s in stark contrast to his gay co-worker, Louis (Michael Urie), who is spontaneous, emotional and prone to exaggeration. Both have found joy in their love lives: Joe is newly engaged to Ali (Sophia Bush), a beautiful and sophisticated jewelry designer, while Louis is dating Wyatt (Brandon Routh), a vegan nurse who Louis insists is just a promotion away from becoming a doctor. As news of Joe’s engagement settles, time will tell if their business and personal bond can adapt to the addition of two other important relationships.

Official Trailer:

Our take: CBS should have called this The Michael Urie Show for as much screentime as he gets in this trailer. It looks like a sweet 30-minute movie, but where does it go after the pilot?

Note: Previews for Golden Boy and Friend Me aren't yet available.

What looks good to you so far? Let's hear your first impressions in the comments!

RELATED STORIES:

CBS's 2012-2013 Schedule: Two and a Half Men Moves to Thursdays, The Mentalist to Sundays
CBS Orders 7 Series, Including Dennis Quaid's Vegas and a Sherlock Holmes Drama

Made in Jersey....Ugly Betty becomes a lawyer. Ugh!

Have been excited about Partners, but I'm seeing too much Will and Grace redux in the trailer. Fingers crossed?
I really want to be gracious towards Elementary. After watching the US version of Shameless - which I love - I decided to stop being one of those people who lambaste American remakes just because they are remakes. It's natural to compare a remake with the original series, and while Elementary is not an actual remake of Sherlock, all of us will compare the two. But knowing the original show makes us biassed, and not having seen the remake makes pissing on it quite unfair.

Nevertheless, after watching the trailer of Elementary, it's really hard not to roll my eyes and sigh loudly. While it might find an audience among people who need a more Americanized version of the legend, those three minutes did not do it justice. If there are two stories of Sherlock Holmes on the air at the same time, and most will decide only to watch one, sensible people will choose Sherlock. It's very hard to top that show. Some might choose to watch both shows because they both fit into the yearly schedule; Sherlock has such a short season, while Elementary is probably aiming for the full 20-24 episodes. But in my mind the short season of Sherlock with longer episodes is one of the reasons that makes it good. No filler episodes, just deep, well-planned Sherlock mysteries. What are the chances that Elementary is able to replicate the sophisticated tension of Sherlock stories with 40-minute-a-week episodes twenty times a year?

I've really been waiting to see Lucy Liu's performance. I think making Watson a woman is a great idea. I would even like to see Holmes as a woman some day. How cool would it be to have a brilliant female character on TV who is odd, socially awkward and does drugs? You don't often get to see women like that on screen. But sadly, in the trailer Liu looks like all the other female characters in cop shows. I just can't see the "Watsoness" in her.

sorry elementary but no one is ever going to beat either robert downey jr and jude law or benedict cumberbatch and martin freeman
CBS asked BBC if they could take the Sherlock script and concept and just cast Americans to play the part. BBC said no, since it airs in America on PBS... then CBS comes out with Elementary? Great, it's set in NYC and this Sherlock is an ex-junky with a wealthy daddy -- so they changed the background story. Big flippin' deal, they are marketing Sherlock's character (a quirky, antisocial, consultant detective) is the same thing that BBC's Sherlock is.

They changed a few things so they couldn't get in trouble with copyright infringement, but CBS stole this show and hopes to ride on the coattail of the buzz and excitement that BBC created over Sherlock Holmes. There is absolutely NO WAY that it can be nearly as good as the BBC show. That is clever, brilliantly filmed, and the acting is phenomenal.

I really like Miller, I loved Eli Stone, so I'm sad to see him in this, because I know that it'll only last one season. They're setting themselves up for failure, trying to compete with something like BBC's Sherlock when they can't.
about Elementary, you are right i was watching the trailer and all i could think of was about BBC's Sherlock
The trailers are kinda boring, but I still plan on watching Elementary and Vegas.
Elementary looks good, Miller is a very underrated actor and certainly looks good, but I didn't like Lucy Liu as Watson, shows like that were made extensively also, something to consider.
....disaster =( niente
The female lead in Made in Jersey is quite beautiful in spite of her garish makeup. But I don't know if that alone would make me watch such a potentially lackluster show.
And I DO like BBC's Sherlock so this American gender switch stuff....dunno about that. I'm pretty open minded though so I may check out the pilot - especially since Sherlock tends to just have 3 episodes anyway.
I think the man/woman dynamic could be interesting. Just forget the detective is called Sherlock Holmes and try to enjoy it like any other detective show. Hey, look at the bright side: at least they didn't turn Sherlock into a teenage girl...
Love Michael Yurie! SO GLAD to see him working after Ugly Betty. I don't even watch CBS but I'll check out the pilot for him alone:-)
VEGAS !!! OMG !!! o_O _ O_o !!!

can't wait !!
wow...how about none of them.
DRAMAS- Just Elementary...

COMEDY-.........
Vegas - Another quiet trailer, what the hell? The casting here feels off, everyone feels fairly 21st century. The CGI doesn't look too great in a few shots. Michael Chiklis playing a mob boss feels really obvious, I hope they let him break out of the cliches. Anyway, it doens't look horrible, but it doesn't look brilliant either, it feels a bit cheesy like CSI Miami (which I dug) but also a bit expensive which suggests early cancelation (which I don't). Not seeing the "damned good" you are though.

Elementary - Oh god, they are 10 seconds in and already screwing it up. And there's Lucy Liu's Watson gasping at a dead body, great, that's totally junk. Everything here is wrong, using modern TV tropes rather than Holmsian thinking. They shouldn't have even bothered to call it Sherlock Holmes, it could be interesting as less-obvious-homage idea, but honestly, it's asking a lot to call such famous characters this. Good production values though, I can see this making through the season.

Made in Jersey - Ugh, you nailed it, this looks like something we've seen before and before and before. More directly, it reminds me of Suits + Rizzoli & Isles with a bit of Franklin & Bash. I lost my ability to watch this after 2:35.

Parners - This looks grating, and making it a multi-camera feels cheap. The Will & Grace connection makes sense! That's what it feels like, a knockoff of that. It feels like a jumble and a lot of miscasting, and Brandon Routh's management should have thought twice about letting him play a gay character after all the flak he took for playing Bryan Singer's Superman, it's ugly but that's how Hollywook works sometimes. Anyway, easy pass for me. I don't think it'll go anywhere, but it doesn't look so expensive that they couldn't keep it around for a 13-ep season - without really strong writing to overcome the annoyance factor of the flamboyant gay guy and the jewiness of a main character (sorry, but as a person of jewish decent, it's getting really annoying to have very jewy characters on tv) I don't think it'll get a strong following.

It's a good thing CBS kept so many existing shows, I don't see anything in this trailerfest that could make them big ratings.
Elementery looks interesting.
Vegas and Elementary both look very entertaining.

It seems like Elementary's Jonny Lee Miller could find a niche in this role, he reminds me of the crazy but entertaining genius that is Dr. Gregory House who will be absent from next year's television. I'm hoping this character can fill the void which House will leave behind.
is it bad that when i watched the trailer to Elementary i got flashbacks to the American Torchwood. I know its not connected to the BBC's Sherlock but based on the trailer it does look like an american verson of that show. Idk i might be too hard on it and it might not be bad but it really does just look like a american verson of Sherlock with slight differences
I feel like outlining my issues with the Elelmentary trailer, so that it doesn't just sound like I'm a biased BBC Sherlock fan (which I am, but still).

1). The rehab, and tattoos. They said it would be edgy, I hope this isn't their representation of edge. A genius out of rehab with body art? I'm al for chopping and changing, but that's...that's not edgy, it just feels...forced. Forced edge.

2). I don't so much mind female Watson, not like I did at the start, and I credit this change of heart Lucy Liu who definitely did a good job here, but there are two moments in that trailer in which there are HINTS - vague hints - at the two making lovey dovey eyes. I hope that's just my imagination playing tricks, because regardless of gendre, the Holmes/Watson relationships has ALWAYS been a friendship. Not romance.

3). The character of Holmes. 'Sometiems I hate it when I'm right.' NO HE DOESN'T. Sherlock Holmes loves being right, it's like a drug to the man. Tell him he's right and he'll smile smugly like you just told him the sky was blue. I know, I know, sarcasm, whatever, it's still not something Holmes' would say, not like that.

4). The style...I swear, camera angles, it's far too similar to the BBC's. The style of it. It doesn't look like America, it's like they're trying to latch onto one of the best things about Sherlock - it's beautiful, almost French-style imagery - and introduce it to an American-based story, and it irritates me. I swear, that shot of Sherlock pointing to the hidden room behind him, there's a shot almost exactly like that in the Moffat/Gatiss version. I swear there is.

4). The arm-length scene. Really? That just felt all kinds of funny, and not in a good way. Did that rub off on anyone else wrong?

5). All the footage seems to be missing...something. And urgency. There's an urgency to Sherlock Holmes, and how he acts, and how he figures things out, and everything in Elementary seems to be far too laid-back, smooth, 'look at us we're taking our sweet time so the audience can keep up with us'. Half the charm of the character on screen is that it is incredibly difficul to keep up with him, but I understood everything he said here, I felt like I could have told him these things.

Okay, there. I THINK that's it. Perhaps it sounds petty, but there's a lot I just did not enjoy about the trailer.
I definitely agree with points 1, 3 and 5, especially Point 1.

Don't remember point 4b, but I had a similar reaction to when he was licking the ground.

I disagree totally with point 4a, because the more it can be like the BBC the version, the better a show it will be. Unfortunately, that's going to be impossible because Watson is a female and it's simply impossible to have the same dynamic with a female in the role. Consequently, THAT is what the show is about--it's a re-imagining "what if" about Watson being a female. Personally, that's pretty boring IMO.

If they really wanted to explore gender issues, then they should have made Holmes a woman, not Watson.
I wish they'd just switched them both or something. But you're right, female Watson just allows for us to watch yet another TV show with a superior male hero doing all his heroics and this uptight female character going 'OHMYGOD' the whole time.

Now I might give the show three episodes to prove itself, but still.

As for the camera angles, I still think the idea of copying anything from the BBC's is the worst thing they could do. They've chosen all the wrong ways of seperating themselves from Gattis and Moffat's version, personally.
The main issue I have with it isn't that Watson is now a female. The issue is they changed the whole dynamic of how they meet and become friends. She isn't going to be a friend introduced by Stamford and they reluctantly, hit it off, she is essentially his adult nanny because his father is paying her. And the father isn't even mentioned in the books unless you buy Baring-Gould's biography of Sherlock Holmes. He got that from if my memory serves one of the stories where Sherlock says he spent some time pretending to be a Norweigen or a swede I can't remember between the two, Sigerson. (father named Siger). And not Mycroft.

Now I know they can't do Mycroft because that will take exactly from the BBC. But back to my original point it turns the dynamic and the relationship of Holmes and Watson to basically Jane and Lisbon of the Mentalist. And if it does that, what the hell is the difference aside from the names. Which, at least if they follow that they will stay away from the romance. But I agree with you on the googley eyed moments.

Ugh. i am going to watch Season 2 of Sherlock again to feel better.
More +
I take issue with the fact that this is basically any CBS procedural with the name 'Sherlock Holmes' stamped on it. They've changed it all, even the character, they're literally just using the name at this point to sell an entirely cliched concept.

Plus everything you said.

I think I'll join your rewatch.
Elementary might just work, if it ain't gonna be an American take on BBC's modern remake of Sherlock in the end. For the rest - could not care less
ELEMENTARY looks awesome! And I'm saying this even though I'm a big fan of the Cumberbatch/Freeman BBC version (and can't wait for series 3). But Sherlock Holmes is such an amazingly rich character, that several different versions are easily acceptable, if done right. And from the preview it looks like it's done right. And Lucy Liu? Come on, best (mhmh, as in hottest) Watson of all time. I'm definitely looking forward to this.

But Vegas looks pretty darn exciting as well.
Sherlock, Elementary, Made in Jersey, and Vegas are ok.
Elementary looks like a mix of Patrick Jane and Gregory House! Also, unfortunately I have seen Sherlock and love it! Elementary looks so bad and I was giving the trailer a fair chance! I like the idea of a female Watson, but if they throw in romance between them, I'll be so so so mad! The CBS version is even copying the filming techniques from Sherlock! They couldn't wait till BBC wrapped up their series?!! This may just succeed since it airs after the best new series (POI) which premiered this past season and the majority of Americans won't have watched Sherlock!
Really? I thought I saw him doing an impersonation of the lead character in "Lie to me".

The truth, obviously, is that all three of these characters are simply channeling Holmes, which makes Elementary redundant.
I don't know why CBS has decided to make a bad version of "Sherlock", it almost like NBC's decision to make a bad version of "Jekyll". These shows are good when made in the U.K. by the BBC because they are willing to take chances. These shows will be milquetoast by comparison and will definitely be cancelled because they are bad and sadly inadequate imitations.
NBC tried to do "Jekyll"? When was this?
When I think of a show called Vegas, I think of Robert Urich's series. Could they not have come up with a better, clever, more definitive title?

Sherlock may be interesting enough to give it a shot.
Janet Montgomery IS ENGLISH!!!
What happened to all the American lead actors? It's surprising how many have been British in recent years. I don't mind if they are British characters, but playing American bugs me for some reason. It's probably because it's become so prevalent. I wonder how House might have been if they kept Hugh Laurie British.
Elementary, I'm a sucker for Sherlock - flaws and all.
Well it worked for RDJ so lets do it on TV. Though I do like the fact recent takes on Holmes is actually more in character. He's suppose to be this kind of manic, disheveled, addict. But somehow that was lost over the years in favour of a more prim and proper pipe smoking gentleman.
Elementary looks like a very good but Lucy Lui is in that show she is a Cat Black

(like Andrea Anders and Summer Glau)
I'll probably take a look at Elementary, but I think I'll spend half the time comparing it with Sherlock.
Vegas looks like the best one here. I'm not sure if I'll watch it right away or wait for a second season, but I am interested in seeing how it turns out. Elementary looks slightly better than I expected, but it's still a pass for me, unless I hear good things about it. And the other two are passes as well.
Seems like Elementary might've been okay. Pity I HAVE seen Sherlock.
Vegas might be the only drama worth watching on CBS (after Person of Interest of course)
The only reason I'm going to check out Elementary is because House is gone forever and House was my Sherlock. As much as I like Jonny Lee Miller (Eli Stone is the best!), Sherlock in this show is looking like another typical awkward police consultant. I also don't like the fact that Watson is a woman. There is no doubt going to be sexual tension and they will probably end up loving each other like Castle! I still have yet to catch up with Sherlock Season 2 but I really hope they won't copy it especially with the quirky graphics they sometimes have. I'm also worried that this Sherlock will not be as smart as the British version especially on the fact it is in CBS. Most of their procedurals are not deep at all!
Vegas might be the new drama I'm most looking forward too on any Network. And Partners looks really good. I'm surprised how good it looks actually. So I guess CBS proved me wrong, they do have a comedy worth tuning into next season, hopefully the entire series lives up to it's trailer.
Vegas - looks interesting and I love Dennis Quiad (and cowboys in general). I'll probably give it a shot but it's on pretty late for an early week show. Got to admit the clothes and nostalgia aspect are pretty fun. Not unique in the every-man as the sheriff but I like that it's based on a true story. Gives it a little something extra.

Elementary - looks good. I'll at least try it out since it's on after PoI and I NEVER miss that one. Not really caring about the BBC version (yes, I've seen it. yes, it's great). The huge bitter throw downs that happen every time there's a US version of a popular BBC show are getting old. Just because the BBC one is great doesn't mean this one can't be. And really, Sherlock has been done dozens of times. In any case, looks decent, I like Lucy Lui and Sherlock kinda reminds me of Harry Dresden of the short lived Syfy series The Dresden Files. We'll see.

Made in Jersey - meh. The snobby, rich, educated adversaries and the scrappy came-from-nothing heroine is a little boring. But the character seems charismatic and if they manage to give the other people in her office some depth beyond caricatures it could manage to be one of those great dramedy's. Probably not something I'd watch regularly but there's nothing I watch regularly on Fri so could happen.

Partners - I'm realllly terrible at figuring out what other people think is funny. I rarely watch comedy's first run. Mostly I wait until they hit TBS in reruns (discovered tbbt there - thought it was hilarious - watch it when I remember now. never care if I miss it though). If this was on between tbbt and poi I'd watch it but I won't tune in especially for it. Seems a lot like Will and Grace but this time Grace is the gay one.
"Elementary" looks bad, bad, bad ... very bad. (but I'll still give it a look, hope to be proven wrong)

Really lame how the people on the set have to explain to us about "Sherlock" as a character. Duh. We all know who Sherlock Holmes is.

Lucy is just not interesting as Dr. Watson, sorry. Again, I'll try to like it.

As for VEGAS, if I were CBS I would delete this "trailer" and make one that doesn't look so staged and campy.

Vegas looks better than I expected.

I'm not impressed with Elementary. I've seen many version of the story as well as having read the stories and I'm quite familiar with the characters. Elementary just looks too American. I'll likely check out the pilot to tell how good it is, but I don't have great hopes for it.
Vegas looks very good. Normally I wouldn't watch elementary, but Jonny Lee Miller's performance in the trailer is simply great. I'm so used to him speaking American English, I find it so strange when he speaks with an English accent, though that's his native one..
Alright, the moment I have been waiting for. Would Elementary defy my expectations? Would it give me just cause to rethink my former stance, tuck in my tail sheepishly, and consider giving it a chance?

The resounding answer: HELL TO THE NO!!! It looks so...flat/boring/brainless

But I'll leave you to your own deductions...
i'd probably would watch vegas, elementary, and partners (for michael urie and sophia bush of course)
Looking forward to Vegas. And seeing Carrie-Ann Moss in something again is a plus.

Elementary seems like it will be good.

A chick from England playing a chick from Jersey, got to see that. That and she is gorgeous as hell.

Going by the trailer of Partners probably a lot of you might think its not going to last long but I don't know I think it might around for a while.
Hi why O why have clips that they wont let us see

i am on .tv/uk and they give us links that we can not see in the uk hmm why ?
I will give Elementary the benefit of the doubt since I love the Sherlock Holmes character in general. However, I think I'm just way too biased towards Sherlock BBC; Benedict Cumbebatch and Martin Freeman ARE Sherlock Holmes and John Watson. Johnny Lee Miller's interpretation of Sherlock falls flat in comparison, and unfortunately, I just can't even see Lucy Liu as any Watson, male or female. I can see Elementary lasting long though since a lot of the older CBS audience probably hasn't seen Sherlock BBC yet.

Vegas looked nice, but I think it'll follow the Lone Star path and go down with a low viewership despite critical praise.

Made in Jersey...wow, just like every single cop show on USA.
I don't even want to call him Sherlock. He's more like they put Sherlock Holmes and Patrick Jane in a blender and this came out.

I'm all for the attempt at a female Watson, but yeah... not Lucy Liu.
YES!!! I love this comment! I'm a big fan of psych, which the mentalist obviously ripped off, so this comparison is great.
The Mentalist did not rip off Psych. The Mentalist is really based upon Sherlock Holmes. The personality of Patrick Jane is based loosely upon Kreskin.
That's character, though. The fact that the plot - really smart guy convinces people he's some sort of psychic/clairvoyant - is pretty much the same.

Sure, there's a noted difference in the execution of each show, but that's still the same plot.
eh, too close for comfort and not nearly as good, but that is just my opinion.
You're right, Elementary does look watchable. Maybe what I hated about Johnny Lee Miller was his fake American accent?? Looks pretty good here. Joan Watson?? Ugh. Would've been better to name her Johnnie, perhaps. Yes, it won't compare to the Greatness that is BBC's Sherlock, but it looks like it will be able to stand on it's own.

Partners - ehh... maybe. Instead of Will & Grace, looks like Will & Jack (if Will were actually straight, instead of just seeming straight). Tries too hard. Brandon Routh is very bland here.

Vegas doesn't look as exciting as I had hoped, but I will still check it out for that cast. I'm hopeful!

Made In Jersey - "If she would have used a pair of pliers as a murder weapon, she would have chipped a nail. My sister's a manicurist!", she said smugly, in a Jersey street accent. So, she'll break cases with wild, illogical jumps to conclusion like this one? Awesome.... (No, not really.)
Staff
All these looked canceled in 5 eps.
I lost interest about halfway through Made in Jersey's preview, and Partners just looks awful (even though I've always liked David Krumholtz).

Vegas has a nice cast, but it's hard to picture Michael Chiklis as the bad guy. Other than that, I'm sure it'll be an interesting series. Elementary could be all right... I guess.

By the way, the official trailers will be out within the next two days.
Vegas looks great. It looks like it would be more at home on AMC pre The Killing, than it does on CSI, I mean CBS. But with this and POI, CBS is moving up in the world.

Elementary; "Hired by your father to be your sober companion"!! F*ck. I will give it the pilot, if that.

Made in Jersey; No freaking way. Not even if someone strapped me down and taped my eyes open.

Partners; Nope. But it does have Sophia Bush in it and this is better than watching One Tree HIll. Not much better. And Brandon Routh, Superman has fallen.

I don't really watch many CBS shows. Not intentionally, they just don't tend to put on too much I'll stick with for a whole season. Person of Interest I somewhat enjoyed, but it still felt procedural... just a better kind.

That said Vegas looks intriguing and very different from the CBS standard. Cast is good enough to get me in the door, and the setting/story is a departure for CBS that I definitely like seeing.

Elementary, no... just... no. BBC's Sherlock is already doing a fantastic modern day Sherlock Holmes, and they didn't have to make a ton of shockingly dumb changes to draw attention. No thanks, I like Jonny Lee Miller but I don't see him as a Sherlock Holmes. That trailer wasn't awful, but I think Tim is being surprisingly kind with his take on it.

The rest are too bland to even really comment on. CBS has no comedies I will week to week. Even Big Bang I only watch the repeats when nothing else is on.

I will give CBS one big thing... I can actually watch these trailers without having to search the net for them on my own. :)
only Elementary and maybe Partners, but I'm expecting Partners won't last long.
Load More Comments