CBS Boss On the Future of Person of Interest, Plans for Michael Weatherly's Exit From NCIS, and More From TCA

New CBS Entertainment President Glenn Geller took the stage for the first time at the Television Critics Association's winter press tour on Tuesday, and he fielded multiple questions about the futures of several shows in limbo. While Geller confirmed that the upcoming season of Mike & Molly will indeed be its final season, he's still taking a wait-and-see approach in regards to veteran dramas The Good Wife and Person of Interest. Geller did say, however, that regardless of whether The Good Wife continues, creators and executive producers Robert and Michelle King will leave the show to work on the CBS summer series BrainDead.

"The Kings did say they would not be returning after this year," Geller said. "But we do have a deep bench on the show. Some of the writers have been here from the beginning. It's just January so we haven't made a determined if there will be another season or not."

As for Person of Interest, Geller said the show will air its 13-episode season in the spring, but he rebutted recent comments from executive producer from J.J. Abrams that suggested the upcoming season would be the show's swan song. "We haven't aired the show yet, so I'm not sure," Geller said. "[The finale] could function as both a season and series finale. Greg and Jonah have made, once again, a very compelling season arc of big, big surprises. … I can't wait for the fans of the show to see it."

Here are some other highlights from the CBS executive session:

More diversity is coming to CBS

Geller defended claims about the network's lack of diversity among its stars by pointing out that he is "just a gay guy from Indiana who doesn’t play basketball. … I'm diverse. I mentioned my husband earlier and I talk about him publicly because I want to normalize my diversity. CBS will always reflect what America looks like, and it's always evolving and changing. There is diversity at CBS. It exists in front of the camera, it exists behind the camera, it exists in our offices. Can we do better? I think we are."

When pressed on the fact that most of the network's lead actors are not people of color, Geller pointed to upcoming series Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders and Rush Hour as indicators of where the network is headed. "Those are the kind of shows that we're going to be putting on the air," Geller said. "These are two of the most diverse casts and they are new shows on CBS, not the perennials. … We have a lot of new series in development, both series that are targeted to have full African-American or Latino casts… but also many [diverse] leads that are being developed. We're not casting colorblind, but color-conscious. It's not the best actor wins, it's the right roles for diversity."

NCIS writers are still plotting Michael Weatherly's exit

Geller said he (and his mother) will miss Weatherly on the show, but that the decision to leave was beyond his control. "The decision was his, and it was a creative one," Geller says. "He'd been in the role 13 years. I completely understand that and wish him well." Geller also said there currently are no plans for Cote de Pablo to return to the show as part of Weatherly's exit.

Geller says he's found CBS' next big reality hit

"The first buy for me as entertainment president is called Hunted. It's based on a U.K. format and essentially it's teams of two—regular people like you and me—being hunted by real-life professional law enforcement. If we can outlast the hunters for 28 days, we get $100,000. What I love about the show is it essentially brings the procedural element … into the reality space. It literally feels tailor made for CBS. There's something for everyone in it, and for me that's exactly what reality has: big appeal for all audiences."

This article originally appears on TV Guide.com.

Feb 14, 2016
PERSON OF INTEREST!!! NEED MORE!!!! I dont care about ncis,csi,or any garbage investigation shows with lousy story lines. Person of interest makes them look like trash. I want to see the ai in person of interest do more things and actually begin to fight back
Mar 15, 2016
Point is best show on tv.
Jan 21, 2016
- "I can't wait for the fans of the show to see it."

Really? Mr. Geller, you should run for office. YOU CONTROL WHEN WE SEE IT, and you're obviously waiting. (I need a GIF of Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock saying "Moron!" here.)
Not to mention that it's obvious what his plans are for the show, when he makes a comment about the fans seeing it (like he's saying in his head, "Well, no one else will watch it when I stick it in the spring/summer. Mwahahahaha.")
Plus, with its People's Choice Award that it had just received, Geller is really clueless about how big the show's fanbase is. (Although that's at least consistent--him being clueless, I mean.)

Jan 14, 2016
I think that Geller should be replaced. He doesn't know how to make decisions. Why would he replace POI with another reality show such as Hunted. I already know I won't watch it. I love a good show, not these reality shows, who cares to sit and watch these people arguing and fighting, it's all a bunch of BS. I will go to another network and watch reruns. POI is one of my favorite and also Blacklist. I loved the show Mike and Molly so, of course, they cancelled it also. Anymore there isn't too many good shows left on TV and we pay dearly for it.
Jan 14, 2016
Excuse me, "Hunted" sounds really stupid---another "reality" show /???????Give me a break, enough already of the non-reality"reality shows. How about some real entertainment for a change ? POI is really good, but I thought it was better before they started fighting this all knowing all powerful computer (and that extremely irritating old fart in charge of it, good actor I guess because he really makes me mad). The show was much better when they were helping people. Seems like any show that actually helps the average person is soon off of the air......like Leverage and others that were positive and giving you back a little faith in humanity.
As far as Tony (Michael Weatherly) leaving NCIS, I feel like I am being betrayed again,.,,like with Ziva. These people have no idea what it is like in the real world where people work for years in the same job. Hope they find a better replacement for Tony than they did for Ziva.
Jan 14, 2016
Tony should take the job they've been trying to get him Promoted to. He doesn't have to show up again.
Jan 14, 2016
"We haven't aired the show yet, so I'm not sure yet." Nothing like hedging your bets so that Netflix etc, can't have it before you're good and ready.
And hate to break it to you, but the show has been airing for 4 years. But maybe you didn't know, considering you have done next to nothing to promote it.
Jan 14, 2016
POI wins People's Choice award for Favorite Crime Drama.....CBS doesn't even bother to air the moment! Fans had to find out about the award on the PCA site. Only have fans loaded up twitter and other media site about CBS's lack of recognition of the award did CBS tweet one measly tweet of congrats and one blurb on their website. CBS treats POI and its Fans shamefully. We have been waiting patiently since May for NEW episodes. We were promised Mid-Season (after we recovered from the 13 eppy order). But no, when the mid-season schedule came out....POI not there. So we pinned our hopes on Spring. First spring schedule does't show POI. Apparently Geller was asked multiple times about the status of POI as a series and Season 5 in particular by many media reps. Almost all online sites have been asking the same questions about POI. Each time Geller was asked he'd give a little more details/promise til he finally got pinned in a corner & said it will show in Spring not Summer. Well that's a 3 month window....with NO DATE. Tells the fans he can't wait for us to see the show & how great Shaw's return is......kinda hard to see when IT IS NOT ON THE AIR YET!

Geller bounced all over the place and ever actually answered the question about POI. I honestly think he was surprised that so many different media site were asking about it. It is one of the best shows on tv. Writing & directing & actor way above most shows on TV. CBS has never supported POI the way it deserved because it is owned by WB. WGN, which is showing the series in syndication could teach CBS a thing or two about advertising a show. Netflix now has all FOUR seasons. A whole new generation of fans have found POI. And the majority are in that coveted demographic of 18-49. CBS needs to wake up & smell the coffee & recognize the JEWEL that is POI!
Jan 14, 2016
I agree. People's Choice is a joke. First of all, the nominees are not picked by the people and too many times the most watched programs are not on the list...........NCIS being the prime example. We quit watching that awards show when we found out how it is done. And, the TB big wigs don't really care what we like either, your point exactly. Leverage got the #1 award for it's category 2 or 3 years ago and was still cancelled anyway. They REALLY don't care what we think or like.
Jan 13, 2016
Great. As if shows aren't bad enough, now we can't even expect to get great portrayals of characters. "It's not the best actor wins, it's the right roles for diversity." So the Powers That Be don't care what gets on the air, as long as it looks okay? A remake of Kindergarten Kop - with the students ranging from newborn to 90. I have no gripe against the portrayal of gays on TV, but come on, in every single show. I personally don't know any, but from looking at TV, not only are my friends unusual, but I have an anomalous family and neighborhood, as well! I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that TV standards are being lowered to the lowest common denominator Heavens (oops, I probably can't use that word!), what a catastrophe it would be to have an intelligent show on basic TV that anyone can watch without having to pay for it.
Jan 14, 2016
Completely agree, the "powers that be" really don't care what is going on.....not to choose the best actor for a role because he or she is not the right color is just plain stupid and probably guarantees the show won't last..........oh, except..... wait they will leave it on because of the color or sex of some of the cast fits the numbers no matter how bad the show is.
And, I know a lot of people but have only known a handful of gays, who were all very nice people and friends, but they are on almost every show.
Jan 13, 2016
Gays make up about 3% of the population. Do you know 33 people?

"I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that TV standards are being lowered to the lowest common denominator"

I'm sorry but WTF????

This is NETWORK TELEVISION!!!!!!
There is no single greater outlet for the lowest common denominator in existence. [excepting maybe Donald trump] Standards can't be lowered TO something they've been at since the 1950s.

Meanwhile, look at the shows- suppose Person Of Interest got the directive to have a prominently gay character on their show n the name of diversity. What would they do? I dunno, maybe make one of their lead characters a lesbian and turn her crush into an often humorous substory that resulted in a powerful emotional climax when her crush took pregnancy leave.
Network directives like this aren't really gonna hurt good shows, they're good because they can write that sort of stuff into their shows.

Jan 13, 2016
Seriously? I'm so sick of diversity being shoved down our throats. I don't care what color or race or what ever they are, that's their business but don't shove it down my throat. If i like a show i don't care what race,color or sexual preference the actor. I just don't want my children or myself to see 2 of the same sex together. I don't even like to see heterosexuals make out in public, there is a time and place for that stuff. They can do what ever they want were ever but don't MAKE me watch it on TV. Bring more wholesome shows back.
Cancel the Good Wife, its the same thing over and over. Person of interest is not a bad show, it changes from time to time. I don't know why Mike and Molly is being cancelled, there are more scenes that could be wrote. Reality TV, I will turn the channel. I guess i will just stick with Netflix so I can pick what i want to watch.
Jan 13, 2016
"I don't care what color or race or what ever they are, that's their business but don't shove it down my throat.....They can do what ever they want were ever but don't MAKE me watch it"

I wasn't aware CBS had a policy of sending thugs with restraints to people's houses.

"Bring more wholesome shows back."

Network TV is massively market driven. What you consider being 'shoved down your throat' is market driven changes where you're in the minority of consumers' preferences. You're upset with capitalism- what are you, communist?

Seriously, wholesome has a different meaning than before, Americas standards have changed. I'd call Supergirl, Mike and Molly, Amazing Race wholesome, but not Good Wife or POI- still good shows, but adult themed. I don;t mind there being nonwholsesome shows like that.

Jan 13, 2016
Lets get person of interest back on the air!!!!
Jan 13, 2016
More diversity? Get used to it. Virtually every new drama looks like they were cast by Shonda Rhimes. You might have one straight white male lead but all the rest will be women and minorities, including at least 1 gay.
Jan 13, 2016
It looks like the end for POI, if there was any commitment to the show it would have been aired already. How about signing Christine Baranski to a deal, she has been good in everything I have seen her in and is wasted in this season of The Good Wife
Jan 13, 2016
First time i hear MW leaving NCIS. Big blow to the show. Might be the last season for me too.
Just bring Ziva back for the farewell it is all i m asking as a 13year follower
Jan 13, 2016
Bad news for POI, a season finale wich would work as a series finale is just not going to work, this just meens that if POI gets cancelled there won't be a true ending, it will be open and questions will remain unanswered, better to just commit to an ending and make it epic instead!
Jan 13, 2016
i having the feeling that it tie everything up but still leaves it open for it to be renewed and go in a different direction. Also have the feeling that the machine will takeover samaritan a bit like vision did with ultron in the avengers: age of ultron film.
Jan 13, 2016
New CBS Entertainment President Glenn Geller - ah, so IT finally has a name.

President Gellar - I submit to you that being so non-committal, REALLY doesn't help your case.

Not that you'll read these words of mine, as your eyes can only see/read NUMBERS.

JUST AIR THE SHOW YOU BOTTLED FART OF A FOOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 13, 2016
"I can't wait for the fans of the show to see it."

YOU Can't wait?
Hmm, Well, OK Glenn, let's see if we can come up with a solution? Ummm, errrr, oh, I know, how about, and I just throw this out there, YOU BROADCAST IT then?
Jan 13, 2016
They better bring back POI! I miss it! Don't cancel it, please!!
Jan 13, 2016
The fact that the NCIS producers don't even want to put an effort into making the fans of their show happy makes me want to avoid watching anything they produce ever again. I did it with the Lost Producers (I will not be seeing new star wars , refused to watch person of interest even though I;m a huge Amy Acker fan and won't be watching Coloney) and it looks like NCIS Producers are next on my list.

Sure my protest might be small and it might not even matter to them but I don't care. It matters to me.

The majority of the fans have spoken and they want Ziva back and Tony and Ziva to go off into the sunset and to just be ignored like this is a slap in the face.

There are multiple polls all over the internet and two are at over 95 % in favor of tony and Ziva being happy and together and this one is at 75%. That is called a landslide and to just say sorry not interested is dis-heartening to say the least. It's like they don't care at all what the fans want and they certainly don't care about those of us that wasted 8 seasons watching for an ending they never planned on happening.
Jan 13, 2016
You do realize that Cody left the show, she was offered a huge chunk of change to stay and she turned it down because of her ex-BF! The show did try very hard to keep her for months when she informed them she wanted to leave. They have been negotiating with Michael to stay as well but he said last year he wanted to leave and pursue other opportunities. That is showbiz! Regardless of what the fans want or think, actors are still human beings that make their own decisions. I say respect their decision and hope the show finds someone that will fit in with the dynamics of NCIS.
Jan 13, 2016
Cote not Cody love autocorrect!!
Well then you will miss a lot of good TV - Especially The Leftovers, your loss
Jan 13, 2016
They're not real, you know.
Jan 13, 2016
"want to put an effort into making the fans of their show happy makes me want to avoid watching anything they produce ever again. I did it with the Lost Producers "

The problem with mixing art and commerce is whether the artist stays true to his vision or just makes things he think will be popular. I wouldn't call NCIS art [it is, but it leans more toward commerce], but Lost was clearly very artistic and hesitant to give in to commercial factors. You might blame them for not listening to fans, but it seems to me they were telling a story they wanted to tell, regardless of popularity, so your anger at them not listening to you seems a tad misplaced.

Jan 13, 2016
That would out UtD in the art section wouldn't it? because i refuse to believe that is commerce, nobody wanted that! NOBODY!! *dramatic exit*
Jan 13, 2016
POI - Just like Quantum Leap. The best shows got cancelled and the other - - it shows stay on. Really?
Jan 13, 2016
The biggest news in this item was about Michael Weatherly! First I had heard of him leaving NCIS. The show will suffer from his departure. The interplay between he and his co-workers and Gibbs is what makes the show a consistent #1 year after year. With him gone, I'm not sure it would be wise to replace him with a new character. Perhaps there are enough players in the show already. NCIS-LA is still a strong #2 in the franchise while NCIS -NO limps along. I expected better.
Jan 13, 2016
NCIS LA??? Surely you jest! The LA version is about as close to the real NCIS as Cherokee Parks was to Kobe Bryant!
Jan 16, 2016
I totally agree. It is however supposed to be international in scope as opposed to just national crime fighting only. On that basis I find it to be okay.
Jan 12, 2016
Diversity and social justice warriors can go screw themselves.
Jan 13, 2016
Might wanna calm your microaggressions, bro. Remember bro, it's always the right move to encourage the use of safe spaces to filter out all the negative thoughts (and/or force them out) and encourage only positive/uplifting comments that support others. I mean who would want to live in a society where individuals are still able to talk to each other freely and discuss things in an intelligent manner, challenge authority and whatnot? (what a scary thing that would be!)

Best you do as you're told and not look outside these walls.....er.....I mean encourage others to only use encouraging, uplifting comments to fight for continued progress.

Sincerely yours,

PC Principal, South Park Elementary
Jan 13, 2016
Hey, look! we got a badass over here, sorry, another unimportant SJW.
Jan 15, 2016
Damn. Hard for you to pick up on satire, huh? Guess I should have thrown in an emoticon or two. South Park references should have given it away to you.
Jan 15, 2016
This comment has been removed.
Jan 12, 2016
This is my FIRST, perhaps my only PERSPECTIVE on my FAVORITE SHOWS, NCIS & PERSON OF INTEREST. PLEASE, PLEASE, DO NOT ALLOW MICHAEL WEATHERLY to leave the outstanding artistic show which I began watching when the "SPIN-OFF" from JAG, first aired. I know I'm not the only FAITHFUL viewer who feels this way. If u allow Michael to leave without offering him greater incentives, as well as a growing SCRIPT, u don't ❤ about your serious viewers, such as me. Hearing this news was a shot in my ❤ as when KATE was SHOT IN THE HEAD, & as if that weren't enough, ZIVA didn't return. Although her replacement tries hard, SHE's NOT ZIVA!!! This news is as though u r announcing MARK HARMON, GIBB's IS LEAVING. GET A GRIP. Bring the show back. I have been there with every GREAT spinn
-off. BRING ZIVA BACK, MAKE DeNOZZO AN OFFER HE CAN'T REFUSE!!!!!!
Now, PERSON OF INTERST- keep it!!!!!!! Why don't u President's or Vice President heed the opinions of your FAITHFUL VIEWERS? U believe we can't determine shows of high quality & substance, especially when they have actors who KNOW HOW TO ACT.

I know I'm only one viewer, but one who knows quality shows with PROFESSIONAL ACTORS. Not someone who has time to watch brainless talk/GOSSIP shows. When u work all ur life, literally ❤ for my ill husband (Agent Orange), my ill Father, & little 👦, while pregnant, u know what is a GREAT SHOW & ACTORS, such as JIM CAVEZEL, MARK HARMON, MICHAEL WEATHERLY, COTE DE PABLO, & others u have let go. I CAN'T IMAGINE GIBBS WITHOUT DeNOZZO. Thank you.
Jan 12, 2016
The Hunted sounds a bit too similar to the book The Running Man...minus the violence. Wasn't there a summer show a few years ago with teams of two trying to elude police to retrieve a suitcase of money in a set amount of time?
Jan 13, 2016
Wow... I got the EXACT same reaction. It's The Running Man! Anyway, I won't be watching. Really not a fan of reality TV. It would be better if it was actually a Running Man type show, but scripted.
Jan 13, 2016
yes, on cbs too , iirc, and it tanked.

... might have been abc, it was called the briefcase.
Take The Money and Run - ABC - 2011
The Briefcase - CBS -2015

Both tanked and ended after brief runs.
Jan 12, 2016
So it is still hope for Person of Interest. Yeahhhhhh!!!
Jan 13, 2016
Not according to this article. POI is dead in the water after this season. They still won't tell us when it will begin airing. "In the spring"; That could be /june, according to the calendar.
Jan 12, 2016
"It's not the best actor wins, it's the right roles for diversity."

And that, ladies and gentlemen, explains it all.
explains what?

'Not the best' doesn't mean incompetent, doesn't even mean 'not great'.
I suppose you could hire Meryl Streep for every movie, or you can create roles where maybe it's better to hire Viola Davis.
Jan 13, 2016
If all he's saying is "this character is meant to be black, so we should hire a black person", I mean . . . does that even really need to be said?

But if he's saying "this character could be any color, but we have to appease the Diversity Gods, so we're casting an competent Asian actor instead of a superior British actor," which is closer to what I think he's saying, then there are all kinds of potential problems, that in terms of a quality show, will outweigh the benefits. Or if he says "this character's sexual orientation doesn't matter, so we're going to make him gay", well then suddenly you have to *include* sexual situations and relationships for the character, just to show that he's gay.

I'm not saying TV can't have sexual situations or gay characters. I'm saying when it's included just for the sake of diversity over plot or character development, it's obvious and distracting.

TV is about entertainment, artistry, and making money for the people involved. Diversity, as useful and even laudable as it can be some cases, isn't a part of it. So if someone puts diversity ahead of those other things, TV becomes social engineering rather than entertainment.

And yes, that is a problem.
More +
Jan 13, 2016
", so we're casting an competent Asian actor instead of a superior British actor," which is closer to what I think he's saying, then there are all kinds of potential problems, that in terms of a quality show,"

My point is that the Asian actor cast might not just be competent, might be superior, but not elite.
You're always going to trade off quality for other considerations- price, availibility, what role is written, etc.
Adding diversity as a factor might well reduce the quality of the actors involved and alter the writing, but if that reduction reduces the quality of a great show by 5% then it's still a great show.
Me, i don't think of acting as an elite job, like say being an NBA star, and that many many people can do it well, if not great. I think most television roles are given to people who can act, even if they're not superior, so I don't imagine marketing yourself as more inclusive by hiring competent diverse actors is going to affect overall quality by any noticable degree.

"TV becomes social engineering rather than entertainment."

Television shows are art- commercial but still art. Social engineering is one of the primary functions of art.

More +
Jan 17, 2016
"The greatest works of art mankind has ever produced aren't social engineering at all. Social commentary, "

My bad. meant that instead.
Still it's a fine line. Back in the 90s when gay characters started appearing on shows, there was a lot of social commentary involved. At that time gay rights was a big issue and worthy of commentary by artists. But lot of people thought it was engineering, that networks/liberals were trying to force gay acceptance, 'shove their behavior down our throats.'
*I* can't tell the difference between the 2 there.

Jan 14, 2016
Not sure where you got that idea about art -- its primary purpose is expression of the artist's vision in some field of thought or aspect of life, which *can* include social engineering if the artist is an asshole, I guess, but certainly doesn't have to.

The greatest works of art mankind has ever produced aren't social engineering at all. Social commentary, perhaps, for certain works of film or literature, but commentary with the hope of change is not the same thing as attempted to make social change with art.
Jan 12, 2016
NCIS should do what CSI did with Grissom. Send Tony off to reunite with Ziva, except they live happily ever after. He could catch up with her in a orchard or something where she's picking figs or something, or on-the-job with there guns drawn.
Jan 13, 2016
LOL That isn't enough. We need Ziva back and we need to see it happen.
Jan 13, 2016
Give it a rest. You've had your 68 seasons--or...You could watch The Grinder: New Orleans...
Jan 13, 2016
Or as I call it, "The Clooney". Named for when Julianna Margulies left ER and her final scene saw her go to a small town and be reunited with George Clooney in a surprise cameo. I'm sure there are other examples but that seems to be the big one
Jan 15, 2016
Seattle is considered a small town?
Jan 15, 2016
I didn't remember it being in Seattle. I just remember it being some nice suburb with few people in the shot, likely because of the secrecy surrounding the cameo.
Jan 12, 2016
Not sure about CBS' version of Hunted. The Channel 4 version was interesting as way of explaining UK surveillance powers and Police investigation tactics but there was no money involved. The regular people obviously knew they were involved but they were restricted to a single bank account with a limited amount of money in it and were given an hours head start on the Police.
The producers had to simulate certain investigatory powers that would otherwise be illegal, like accessing ATM cameras and using ANPR. It was good but adding a cash prize is going to make it a train-wreck.
Jan 13, 2016
It also change the people motivation for taking part, in the UK it was either to prove they could stay on the run or to prove they could out smart the police.

Here it will be people just wanting to win the money.

Jan 12, 2016
I don't think that guy's from Indiana. We have gay folks, but all Hoosiers play basketball. It's a state law. Makes me question his other statements.
Jan 12, 2016
I don't think Cote de Pablo will return for Michaels leaving story as I still get the impression that there is still a bit of tension between her and some of the NCIS staff?

My first tghought when I read "next big reality hit" was oh just let the genre die! But Hunted was actually really entertaining and not scripted. I've got a horrible feeling that they will muck it up though.
Jan 12, 2016
In other words, more reality TV crap because they can't find dramatic writers or won't pay them. Eventually they will plan themselves out of business. Less drama, more crap. As usual. We lose.
Jan 12, 2016
Ugh, if The Good Wife doesn't end this year, it will feel like a pointless decline that doesn't even lead to a finale. Put a point on the show, finish it under the creators who took it where it needed to go.
That said, Person of Interest should continue but won't, don't dick with us another season by pretending you're going to continue it when you won't even air the shortened 5th season when it matters most.
Jan 13, 2016
Stories never truly end, and nobody lives happily ever after. The Good wife is fine. Leave it alone. Would you say that about friends or family. I like these people.
Jan 13, 2016
They are stories, not people. Nobody wants 5 more seasons of this show that are all barrel-scrapings. Shows that outstay their welcomes destroy their reputations far too often. How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men, Criminal Minds, Roseanne, 24, Happy Days, That 70s Show, The Office.
Jan 13, 2016
The end of HIMYM destroyed it's reputation

The backstage antics (Sheen, Kutcher, Jones, Lorre) destroyed TAAHM's reputation LONG before the show ended

24's recent 'mini-series' proved that there is still a big fan-base there, and that time away from the show helped the writers form the best storyline since season 5

As far as i know, Roseanne was ruined because of it's final season (and it's polarised finale)

That 70's Show faltered only in it's final season because Eric left and they replaced him with one of the worst characters to ever grace the history of TV - but the finale was AMAZING

The Office only turned lacklustre in it's 8th season because of Michael Scott's exit - the final season was great (especially those final stretch of episodes)
Jan 13, 2016
I also agree about The Good Wife - it's best for everyone if they wrap it up this year and not spoil it further. To be fair, though, uncertainty about the series' future explains why there is no sense of direction this sesion. It seems obvious that some of the writers and possibly cast members wouldn't mind staying, which is just sad.

As far as Person of Interest is concerned - sadly I am also sceptical it will continue. The only silver lining is that the producers are aware of that (there was a story about that on this very site), so they plan to give the series an ending, even though there will be room for more story. The latter will be done in case someone else decides to pick it up - there have been examples, so it is not impossible, just not very likely.
Jan 12, 2016
If they are planning on cancelling Person of Interest I would prefer they tell them up front so they can plan a series finale ahead of time. So that way it doesn't end on a huge cliffhanger and then they decide not to move forward with the show.
Jan 12, 2016
I totally agree about The Good Wife. The show need a real series final and this year.
Jan 12, 2016
Can we please get a large padding in the style sheet on paragraphs pasted into the WYSIWYG so we don't get 2 paragraphs looking like one, a la my comment above? It's stupid to have divisions with a break only an extra pixel or two larger than the normal line spacing, and too many comments have been eaten by the WYSIWYG and/or server to trust writing my thoughts in it anymore.
Jan 13, 2016
Did some testing and the paragraph options is very messed up, added 4 paragraphs one after another and the first is in P tags, the second is plain text with a linebreak the third like the first and fourth like the second.
Jan 14, 2016
Jan 13, 2016
Seems like comments aren't in paragraph tags but in div's, this is quite common practice, since a

inherits some styling and two linebreaks (before and after) from the browser ofcourse this can be overwritten easily (the style that is), but a div inherits no style other than from specified stylesheets and for that reason has a truely browser independent styling.
Ofcourse styles are a nightmare to manage no matter what, so going for a unstyled element would make it a little more managable.

That said, when you add an element with the pilcrow sign you expect a new paragraph, so they should style it that way and include the linebreaks or top/bottom padding.

Jan 14, 2016
When you type in a paragraph in the WYSIWYG, you get an authentic "P" paragraph HTML tag separating them, which is appropriate. When you paste the same though, it DISPLAYS a paragraph break but it interprets that as a div. That's the problem, the WYSIWYG shouldn't be interpreting them separately, and if it is, it should at least be creating a div with a class that lets it look better. The editor is the real problem.

Paragraph

Second Paragraph

Third.

Forth.

Jan 13, 2016
This comment has been removed.
Jan 12, 2016
I really hoped Ziva would come back before Tony left, especially since he still has her necklace.
Jan 12, 2016
POI FTW - we want MORE - we need MORE - we deserve MORE! YOU are being watched!
Jan 12, 2016
Boo! I want Ziva to be there for DiNozzo's exit!
Jan 12, 2016
a good ending , not killing off the character
if they killed of DiNozzo that would the laziest thing they do and repeatative proccess in NCIS
Jan 13, 2016
I think Ziva and Gerald are the only characters to get out alive! Yes, let DiNozzo be number 3 to survive. Last thing we need is a Game of Thrones-esque death for Tony.
Jan 12, 2016
I really don't see any contestant winning Hunted unless
A) The "regular people" they pick are professional at running and hiding. Like ex military or ex bounty hunters, or something.
B) The LEO "officers" they pick make Barney Fife look intelligent, or somehow majorly tie their hands.

Sure some people jump bail and disappear for months or years, but it happens as a surprise. Here they will know who to look for and when. Also, sometimes these people have criminal connections to help them and perhaps planned things out ahead of time.
Jan 12, 2016
It's nice to actually KNOW Mike & Molly is cancelled/ending, but honestly it hasn't been that good since they 'rebooted' it last year, completely ignoring that in the s4 finale, she was pregnant... nothing else interests me, but STOP WITH SPINOFFS
Jan 12, 2016
I don't think regular people are going to be able to evade law enforcement for 28 days, especially because they will be specifically hunting them.
Jan 12, 2016
CBS will earn my unending hatred if they let POI end its series run on a cliffhanger.

Also, sign me up for Hunted! I could totally evade LEO's for a month :D
Jan 12, 2016
The headline cuts off at an unfortunate point when it's in the sidebar :
"CBS Boss On the Future of Person of Interest, Plans for Michael Weatherly's "
For a second I thought they'd signed Weatherly up the next season of PoI
Staff
Jan 12, 2016
Just curious: what browser are you using? It's appearing fine for me.
Jan 12, 2016
On IE 11, "...Exit" is wrapping under the "By Adam_Bryant" byline. With Edge "...Exit" is just truncated. But it looks fine on FireFox.