CBS shows off fall lineup, Jericho not included

For fans of Jericho, today was not a day they wanted to see. The postapocalyptic drama was left off of CBS's 2007-2008 fall lineup, along with Close to Home and The Class, and won't see a second season, reports Mediaweek.

The new schedule will immediately add five new shows, all of which were let out of the bag earlier this week, to the lineup. The Big Bang Theory, a comedy about two male brainiacs who join forces with a gorgeous woman, moves into the Monday 8:30 p.m. slot right behind the renewed How I Met Your Mother.

Cane, starring Jimmy Smits as an immigrant that takes over the family rum and sugar business in Florida, will air on Tuesday at 10 p.m.

Wednesday will see the Kids Say the Darndest Things-meets-Survivor reality show Kid Nation, which asks 40 8-to-15-year-olds build a community--a la Lord of the Flies--in a deserted New Mexico town without meddling parents.

Moonlight will shine on Friday at 9 p.m. and follow private investigator Mick as he solves mysteries. Oh yeah, he's also a vampire.

Curiously sandwiched between news show 60 Minutes and crime drama Cold Case on Sunday night at 8 p.m. is Viva Laughlin. Described by CBS as a "musical mystery/drama," the BBC repurpose of Viva Blackpool centers on one man's attempts to run a casino in Laughlin, Nevada.

1970s swingers drama Swingtown, game show Power of 10, The Amazing Race, and The New Adventures of Old Christine have also been picked up for midseason.

Below is CBS's fall schedule. New shows are listed in bold.

Monday

Sunday
7:00 p.m. 60 Minutes
8:00 p.m. Viva Laughlin
9:00 p.m. Cold Case
10:00 p.m. Shark

Dec 28, 2007
I'm about finished with CBS. Every decent show they air, they cancel after the first season. I loved Jericho and have no interest whatsoever in Kid Nation. I will not watch a single episode of it on principle alone. I loved Cane (being cancelled, or is that a rumor?), as well as Black Donnellys, Kidnapped, and The Nine. I don't trust CBS anymore and don't want to get interested in another show only to see it pulled after the first season (or sometimes even before the first season is completed!) Totally tired of CBS...
Oct 21, 2007
NO BLOODY !@#$%^&*

They said we would get a second season i don't get it, Jericho and Day Break were for me the two most surprising shows of this year (i love in Holland so...) and now they are both cancelled. Sucks thanks CBS for nothing.
Oct 07, 2007
jericho and heroes were aweful, despite the last several comments posted. I repect everyone's opinion. Close to Home cancelled? What? this Kid Nation thing? Who are they trying to reach?-people in la-la land? this would never happen in reality, so please do not classify this as a reality show. Survivor was good, but too much of a good thing..We are choking on this crap. Sit coms help us to laugh at stuff that we can all relate to. People should not be too down on sitcoms. We all need to and benefit from a good Laugh! Don't be so snobby. CAIN is something I anticipated for months, a personal replacement for Sopranos. This cast is unbeatable for TV drama. Let's all give pilot shows a fighting chance. I too, loved Smith with Ray Liota. Why CBS cancelled that, I do not know. It amazes me that good acting is not more sought out!!! I guess you have to be over 29 to appreciate good entertainment.
Oct 06, 2007
We've fought long and hard to get CBS to allow Jericho another chance, and they've listened to us. Now that they won't allow Jericho back on the Fall schedule despite all this is not fair at all, and this is the thanks we get from the network.

CBS, how DARE you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 19, 2007
i can't imagine cancelling the Class, one of the funniest shows on TV, slow starter but really liked it. I don't know who decides which shows to cancel but they're the ones who should be replaced.
Aug 27, 2007
I can't beleive all the shows that are being started up and then cancelled after a few episodes. they dont even have a chance. There was Black Donnellys, Vanished, Kidnapped, Hidden Palms, Drive (wich had had previews and previews to announce the arival of it!), Smith..... it's just rediculous
Aug 27, 2007
The Class had to be one of the funniest shows that I have seen in a long time. And what does CBS do they cancel it so they can add yet another reality show that no one wants to see. Hey CBS reality TV is getting way to much playing time. Why not dish out the money to pay writes to actually keep a really good show on the air. And Suvivor was an original for about two seasons. Everyone knows what is going to happen already it has become way to predictable. Maybe I should march on to the CBS office and protest the canelation of The Class. Hey it worked for Jericho
Aug 23, 2007
So CBS cancelled "Close to Home" and left the ridiculously silly "hanging out of her tops" Ghost Whisperer on. Well that's okay with me. I was having to switch back and forth between "Stargate Atlantis" and "Close to Home" and now I won't have to do that anymore. I can just relax with the SciFi Channel on Friday nights. I watch very little CBS television anymore. Don't do reality shows and certainly can't be bothered with "fluff situation comedies."
Aug 10, 2007
I'm beginning to believe that CBS is trying to become last in ratings! They get rid of "Smith" but keep "Jericho"! They get rid of "The Class" but keep "Two and 3/4 Men" and ",,,,,Old Christine". "21/2" was ok at 1st but is soooo predictable now and the kid's not cute anymore! I can say the lines on"Christine" before the actors. The Class was great; especially with the original cast. "Smith" was pphenomenal but probably cost too much to produce....and after all; we have to pay Katie Couric, don't we?
Aug 07, 2007
I'm very happy Jericho has been uncanceled. I love that show. Now, they just need to uncancel The Class, they can't leave it the way it ended! I love that show so much, and was waiting for next season since the finale, and now I find out it's been canceled! Thank goodness they didn't cancel How I Met Your Mother or Ghost Whisperer- I love those shows too.
Jul 27, 2007
I wonder if this has anything to do with the contract negotiations in hollywood. I've heard that there would be more reality tv because of that.

I want to find out what happens in THE CLASS so badly. That show was wonderful. ARGH I'm going to give up TV entirely soon and just stick to video games if they can't keep the good shows around.
Jul 18, 2007
wow cool
Jul 15, 2007
I have been worrying and wishing that CBS will see the error of their ways with the cancellation of THE CLASS. I came here hoping I could find more information on the prospects of reconsideration. I now only more know that ironically CBS advertised this as one of the number 1 comedy shows of the 2006-7 Season only to be canceled in March of the same season. It was the only comedy show I religiously watched last season.
Jun 29, 2007
I think there are some pretty interesting shows coming up on CBS.. Some new ideas that I haven't seen done.. for example .. Swingtown seems like it could be really interesting .. and Viva McLaughlin looks good too.. anything touched by Hugh Jackman and I'm there
Jun 15, 2007
Give me a break CBS!!!! You have decided to take off Jericho and Close to Home......Both good shows. You also took off The Class Which was advertised on your network as one of the number 1 comedy shows, and replace them with what............more stupid worthless reality TV shows that nobody cares about anyway!!!!!! Bring back normal TV shows that people enjoy and leave all of these new reality shows where they belong.....in the sewer!!!!!! And stop leaving us hanging by getting rid of the good shows!
Jun 13, 2007
I couldn't be more upset about losing Jericho. I go on line to see when the next season starts and come to find out it's been canceled. WHAT! I was completely hooked and from reading some of these comments there are many more people as upset as I am. I certainly will NOT be watching any of the new shows CBS will be coming out with, especially the one taking Jericho's spot. The disappointment is extreme.
Jun 04, 2007
AGGREED thats all i have to say!
Jun 01, 2007
capecodlove Since CBS decided to cancel Jericho we've decided not to watch any new shows offered up them. I can't imagine why they would cancel a program of this caliber, the plot and actors were top notch and was such a terrific break from all the repetitive cop shows and those horrid reality shows. Nope CBS...you won't get another chance to leave us hanging EVER again!
May 31, 2007
How do these executives expect to get any type of ratings when viewers know there is a good chance that their shows will canceled. I expect ratings to drop dramatically considering the network is so unreliable. People invest a lot time watching these shows with the expectations of a final outcome. To pull Jericho off the air without some sort of ending is bad business in my eyes.
May 29, 2007
I think that it is bogus for removing Close to Home that was an amazing show and to end it this way is wrong yes bring in new shows if u must but dont get rid of the best shows i mean come on close to home was one of the best shows on friday nights and i enjoyed watching it right after Ghost Whisperer one of my other favorite shows so please reconsider canceling it please.
May 29, 2007
I'm really disappointed in CBS, Close to Home was an AWESOME show and I looked forward to watching it every week. But now it's gone 'sigh'. So now you bring new shows on so you can cancel them too? What's the pont?
May 28, 2007
CBS you're stupid. Count me OUT of watching this network. Jericho should never have been canceled. What idiots made this decision. There have been too many situations that could really happen and you leave it hanging like this? Someone, give this show another year. Good characters, realization just a fantastic story. You should not let this show drop. This show left me thinking often.
May 25, 2007
It sucks that some people's favorite shows were canceled, but I am absolutley THRILLED that all the shows I watch on CBS are still here :]
May 24, 2007
Are you kidding me!?!?!?! Jericho is cancelled so another reality show can take it's place? And this one is about underage kids? Guess the network saves money both ways with this choice. Don't have the expense of producing a great show like Jericho, and now it's probably less to produce a kids show.. I love Jericho from start to.............? One of the best shows I have seen in years. Especially since the start of the reality craze. I did not miss a single episode and this season left me wanting more like no other show.

Not to mention that is was a bit educational also with survival ideas that are lost on most of our society these days. Personally I think that in these times, this show has to much to offer to just dissapear. Those that have not seen it, should. Makes you think about what would be if we end up making the right mistakes as a nation.

Face it, we're not exactly in a 180 direction from what Jericho's story line is. The only thing that makes this show fiction is that it hasn't happend yet in my humble opinion.

DON'T TAKE JERICHO AWAY! I think one more season is needed to show it's true ratings.

And to the networks: Stick with the original show programming and get the **** off of the reality programming. Wise up, people are done with these shows. And please don't replace them with gameshows either. I see a disappointing trend in that direction too.

Please get smart.
May 23, 2007
Moonlight......vampire detective........sounds an awful lot like angel....i want jericho!!!!
May 22, 2007
Let's try and save The Class.

May 22, 2007
This makes me so mad! There are only two shows that I watch - Jericho and Heroes. Why would they cancel a great show like this and replace it with stupid stuff!!
May 22, 2007
This is so stupid, jericho on of a few good shows we go out of our way to see here in little Denmark... sucks bigtime
May 22, 2007
Moonlight sounds like the stupidest plot for any Tv show I have heard of in a long time and there have been some really dumb plots in the past few years. CBS you have so many crappy dramas on and finally Jericho breaks through and obviously people want it back, but you cancel it and replace it with more crap shows like kids building a community in New Mexico? What is that? I'm almost tempted to abandon watching How I Met Your Mother (only decent show left) and boycott just because of this horrible decision to cancel Jericho.
May 22, 2007
Jericho was a favorite. We need to educate the networks that the viewer needs to be shown some respect or we will leave. I am tired of dedicating a full season to shows that are canceled with unresolved story lines. How many books do you think would sell if they left out the final chapters? If a show is being canceled then at the very least provide resolution - Kidnapped was an example where they did it right and showed respect to the viewer. Bottom line - do not buy DVD sets of series that are not resolved. They understand the bottom line.
May 22, 2007
if i was in US this is absolutely the channel i am not watching to. Their only good show got cancelled, that's great..
May 22, 2007
well we see the end of a great show so that we can watch a load of brats running around without parents to look after them , do we not get that at home when we are trying to put our own kids to bed without having to sit down and watch it on tv ,

come on cbs you have dropped the ball on this one .

We can say what we like about fox news being the voice of bush , but at lest the entertainment devision will give a show atlest a full run or two before they drop it all you have to do is look at bones which did not get rating's last year and they were given a second chance to get it together and it worked .
May 22, 2007
I think CBS will never make success in the new shows .. because a lot of people LOVE "Jericho" and now there is no "Jericho" so they will hate anything from CBS .. CBS may cancel all the new shows.
May 22, 2007
What gives? Jericho is the best thing on tv. The only show worth watching in 5 or more years for me. Why would CBS get rid of such a good thing? The cast is great and the show is enthralling. They cant end it on such a cliffhanger, what the **** happens next. BRING BACK JERICHO!!!!!!!
May 21, 2007
I am furious, outraged and beside myself at "Jericho's" cancellation. There are so few well-written and well-acted shows on TV that we watch only three each season. And "Jericho" was one of those three that we looked so forward too each week. Now we're left with a real emotional investment in the characters and *NOTHING*. No resolution, no satisfaction.

When I look at the utter reprobate that's been renewed, I want to scream. What are the network executives thinking?! They've just annoyed me to the point where I will not watch any of their shows this Fall. What's the point! What a disappointment....

My family and I enjoyed coming home after church, unwinding with a recorded show of Jericho. To think that this will not happen and to have no closier......

One of the problems that I see in the kind of programming theory that axes a thoughtful, exciting show like "Jericho" and retains stupid, lowest-common-denominator shows like "Kid Nation", is that the execs are ignoring a demographic that spends a lot of money, has IQs above room temperature, has some education along with high moral standards. That is just plain stupid. THEY should be axed and executives with more brains and, even more importantly, morals with better taste should take their places. American TV might be worth watching if they did. Down right disappointed!!!!
May 21, 2007
that lord of the flies like show sounds sooo bad! what parent will let their child to that?!!!? ridiculous! and no more the class.. that show was getting really funny and good at the end....cbs is lame
May 21, 2007
I am very upset with CBS's deciasion to grop such a great show as Jericho. If it wasn't for how I met your mother I would watch CBS again. Why don't we drop one the stupid reality shows that barely make it a year and put on a good all around show like Jericho. Better yet who care to see jimmy smits selling sugar. I don't. CBS has lost a valued watcher.
May 20, 2007
I used to be a fan of CBS but now I will just quit watching period, I loved the show Jericho and the cast...this is exactly why I love DVR because I can bypass silly channels like this one and go else where. Reality shows and sitcoms are not worth cancelling a show like this!! Shame on you CBS. Stick with what works and that is an interesting show that keeps you watching and that is JERICHO!
May 20, 2007
Jericho should NOT have been cancelled. CBS dropped the ball(bomb?) on this one. Bring back Jericho!!!
May 19, 2007
Hooray for COLD CASE! I just pray Kathryn Morris will be back! Thank you CBS!
May 19, 2007
This is awful. Jericho was one of the best new shows on the scene. Jericho gets the ax, but they pick up The Big Bang Theory? Are they serious? CBS is now completely worthless save for CSI.
May 19, 2007
Looking at the CBS schedule, I don't see anything mind stimulating. I see mostly mind numbing drivel on Monday's and Wednesday's. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? Bring back Jericho. Just because some of the viewing public has allowed their gray matter to go to mush by watching reality shows doesn't mean the rest of us should have to.
May 19, 2007
This is madness...

"Jericho" is one of the best shows, I've ever seen!
May 19, 2007
SIGN THE PETITION:

May 19, 2007
I am furious at "Jericho's" cancellation. There are so few well-written and well-acted shows on TV that we watch only a handful each season. And "Jericho" was one of those few. Now we're left with a real emotional investment in the characters and *NOTHING*. No resolution, no satisfaction.

When I look at the utter *dreck* that's been renewed, I want to scream. What are the network executives thinking?! They've just annoyed me to the point where I'll be LESS likely to consider watching any of their shows this Fall. What a disappointment....

One of the problems that I see in the kind of programming theory that axes a thoughtful, exciting show like "Jericho" and retains stupid, lowest-common-denominator shows, is that the execs are ignoring a demographic that spends a lot of money, has IQs above room temperature and has some education. That is just plain stupid. THEY should be axed and executives with more brains and, even more importantly, better taste should take their places. American TV might be worth watching if they did. Thank the gods Battlestar Galactica made it to another season....
May 19, 2007
What the ****? Why the hell are they canceling so many shows? why not cancel criminal minds 2, dumb ass move.

CBS suck's, soooo disappointing, another of my fav show's the ending was left open why not just put it on for another season

i wanted badly 2 see it

shame on u CBS
May 19, 2007
I am very up set that my favorite tv show will be taken off! I am upset because tv has gotten very stupid in the last few years with all the reality tv. What few decent shows we had are getting taken off I am getting to the point that I my cancel tv because there is nothing to watch for my children and my self. jerico was one of the few family shows that I have seen in awhile.
May 19, 2007
Right now cbs is laughing saying, "whatever, if we put a show on and u like it, u will watch it". Bottom line is dont give it a chance to like. After Jericho and Black Donnellys I am done watching first season shows. Why bother? They all get cancelled anyway. So now I go the same route I did with lost. I skip the first season. If it gets hype and its supposed to be some great show I will STEAL the first season through torrents and screw over the networks since they screw me over and begin watching that way. My ratings will never count. F all the networks!
May 19, 2007
ALL I CAN SAY IS NO JERICHO NO CBS.A if they think i will ever become interested in another show on there network they are sadly mistaken becouse if you like it they will cancell it for another reality show!
May 19, 2007
If CBS thinks I will accept this mediocre program over Jericho, they are sadly mistaken. I will simply tune out CBS unless Jericho is revived.
Load More Comments