CBS's 2015-2016 Schedule: CSI Is Ending, Person of Interest Held 'Til Midseason, and Supergirl Mondays

It's official: CSI will end its 15-season run with a two-hour series finale on Sept. 27, CBS announced on Monday. Star Ted Danson will join CSI: Cyber after the series-ender, which will also bring back original cast members William Petersen and Marg Helgenberger.

Another show whose time might be running out is Person of Interest. The drama has been held until midseason—along with returning shows 2 Broke Girls, Mike and Molly, The Odd Couple, and Undercover Boss and newcomer Rush Hour—and its upcoming season will possibly be its last. There are reports that Season 5 might only be for 13 episodes, which would heavily indicate a last hurrah.

"We're having those conversations with the team right now," CBS Entertainment Chairperson Nina Tassler said. "Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman came in and pitched really terrific ideas for the new season. And you know, we have to see. It's always been a very smart, creative show. We don't know yet whether or not it's going to be the end or not. If it is, we'll have a great ending."

For the first time since 1949, CBS will also stray from opening Monday nights with comedies. Although The Big Bang Theory and Life in Pieces will premiere on Mondays early in the season because of Thursday Night Football, they will shift to Thursday in November. Supergirl will then take the 8pm slot, where it will go head-to-head with Fox's Gotham. Tassler described the anticipated series, from Arrow and The Flash's Greg Berlanti, as "very true to the mythology," but revealed there will be some adjustments made. However, Kara Zor-El's cousin, aka Superman, will be referenced and a part of the show's universe.

CBS' adaptation of Limitless will debut on Tuesday nights and Bradley Cooper, who starred in the film on which the series is based, will appear in the pilot and recur subject to his availability.

As to CBS' late-night schedule, which is in the midst of a major overhaul with David Letterman and Craig Ferguson stepping down within months of each other, the network remains incredibly optimistic. "Obviously, it's a sad week for us as we say goodbye to Dave," Les Moonves said. However, he noted that Late Late Show host James Corden has been "way beyond my wildest dreams."

Stephen Colbert will be taking over The Late Show in the fall and the former Comedy Central star is in the midst of developing his new late-night voice. "He's kind of in the bunker right now working on his format, working on all the details. But right now it will be a huge launch," Tassler said of Colbert's Late Show debut.

Check out CBS's full fall schedule below.

CBS'S FALL 2014-2015 SCHEDULE
New shows are denoted with an asterisk (*)

MONDAY

8-8:30pm – The Big Bang Theory (SUPERGIRL* takes the 8-9pm slot in November)

8:30-9pm – LIFE IN PIECES*

9-10pm – Scorpion

10-11pm – NCIS: Los Angeles

TUESDAY

8-9pm – NCIS

9-10pm – NCIS: New Orleans

10-11pm – LIMITLESS*

WEDNESDAY

8-9pm – Survivor

9-10pm – Criminal Minds

10-11pm – CODE BLACK*

THURSDAY

8-11pm ET / 5-8pm PT – THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL (September 17 through October 29)

8-8:30pm – The Big Bang Theory (as of November)

8:30-9pm –  LIFE IN PIECES* (as of November)

9-9:30pm – Mom (as of November)

9:30-10pm –  ANGEL FROM HELL* (as of November)

10-11pm – Elementary (as of November)

FRIDAY

8-9pm – The Amazing Race

9-10pm – Hawaii Five-0

10-11pm – Blue Bloods

SUNDAY

7-8pm – 60 Minutes

8-9pm – Madam Secretary

9-10pm – The Good Wife

10-11pm – CSI: CYBER

Upfronts 2015 HQ:
New Shows, Cancellations, Renewals, Network Schedules, Video Previews, and More

This article originally appears on TV Guide.com.

Nov 24, 2015
Missing my POI fix for the week. Best show on TV. Last season ending show was the best I have ever seen and I watch a lot of TV. If CBS is cancelling then I will quit watching CBS (only watch NCIS & Hawaii 50, along with Thursday night Football), hope somebody else picks it up. Why is it always about the money? WELCOME TO THE MACHINE!
Nov 19, 2015
They need to get POI back on now. It's one of the best shows on.
Nov 13, 2015
I really love Person of Interest. Just learned of the show and catching up on the first few seasons and was so looking forward to seeing the current one on CBS. I hope they do not cancel it. One of the best shows I have watched in years. I love the actors and way the show moves forward all the time.
Nov 02, 2015
"Limitless" sucks in comparison to "Person of Interest". CBS has messed up once again by putting on new shows that aren't even half as good as ones they removed or tinkered with. POI is without question the best superhero/fantasy/spy show available to the public. I prefer it over the STAR TREKS, the STAR WARS, and DC COMIC shows we are getting.

Nov 02, 2015
Why would CBS want to hurt its programming by reducing the number of shows Person of Interest gets? This show is the best one for all of television. The CBS execs must be really stupid. And even though I like the new Supergirl program, it still doesn't match up in quality to what POI produces week in and week out. Jonathan Nolan and others need to start telling those in charge how important this show is to its millions of fans who live for each new episode.
Nov 01, 2015
CBS would screw up the TV schedule again by changing the Tuesday shows and maybe getting rid of ... Persons Of Interest. CBS did the same thing years ago when they DID NOT renew the number(#1) show then of... CSI Miami, and it took years to replace that show and low and below another number (#1) may get the axed... CBS does not know how to keep shows that people like to watch. R. Doyle
Oct 19, 2015
What in the world is wrong with CBS ?? POI is the one of the best shows they have on and what do they do, wait until mid season to bring it back. Why the hell don't you respect the voice of the people, because without them you would have no network. WAKE UP. I am so angry about this.

Oct 08, 2015
You can't end Person of Interest. It is one of the best shows on. We all love this program.
Oct 04, 2015
I am not only disappointed in the executive decision to limit POI, I am in a state of near anger at the poor management of scheduling. POI is a exciting fresh twist on storytelling. The actors are completely brought to life by the talented cast, yet the executive decision is to only consider giving a full 5th season?! Listen to the fan base that are your viewing audience, WE WANT POI give us a full 5th season please. If you don't respect the voices of your audience, if you keep mismanaging the schedule and replace it with the inconsistent mayhem that we have seen, we will go elsewhere out of sheer frustration. CBS has some great shows but I have watched less CBS and watched more of anything else rather than be subjected to some of what you are putting on the air.
Aug 27, 2015
It's about time they pulled the plug on CSI and I can't believe they kept CSI Cyber. I watched the first episode of Cyber and said never again. I am a pretty tolerant tv watcher but I just couldn't bring myself to watch another episode, even in the vast wasteland between seasons.
Jun 19, 2015
Could it be that POI was too cranial for CBS execs? Perhaps they never understood it, as its millions of fans DID. Worse, CBS did it again and yanked it from its original time slot where it was thriving. Maybe CBS should look in the mirror before killing off one of those rare, truly great shows that should last 5 more years, at least.
Jun 10, 2015
I wish they would cancel Odd Couple. The writning sucks and the acting is forced. In the 4 times I watched i did not even chuckle let alone laugh.
Jun 07, 2015
CBS makes me so mad. They change programs time slots then can"t figure out why a program doesn't do good where they put it. Example: Sunday nights. I realize sports is good but they take good programs and put them there after a game. Then yea it gets bad ratings cause after a game people go to bed! So then they cancel the program!!! A lot of programs are good but no one wants to stay up that late to watch them. At least they got it right with Thursday and do not start any programs intill after sports are done. Do the same with Sundays!!!!!!
May 31, 2015
I cannot believe the stupidity of this network. Person of Interest should have stayed on at 9pm Thursdays. Oh boy I am so mad about this, and it seems as though CBS have made up their minds about returning POI in January. Way to kill a good show. I wish to God I had never started watching it. The creators must be furious, Nolan was only just saying that he did not see Season 5 as their last and they had a lot of stories to tell yet, so I really hope another network are smart enough to grab this show. It is clear CBS could not careless about it. I know they do not own the show, but that excuse does not wash with me. They never should have got greedy and moved it from Thursday's so their content would capitalise on the plum prime time spot. "oh no, we can't put a show that's not ours in the 9pm Thurs timeslot." Ratings for POI have gone down and the show that is there now is not doing any better as far as I know and they plan to replace POI with this new show 'limitless.' Stupid, stupid, stupid. Crikey I hope it tanks!

Person of Interest is the most original and unique show on TV today, It is the best TV show I have ever seen in terms of writing, acting, directing and the premise is new, this has never been done. POI is a masterpiece and CBS want to tank it, so they can make way for their own content. Will these idiots wake up and smell the coffee before another network takes it or they ruin Nolan and Plageman's show. Wow if I were in their shoes, I would be furious. Quite frankly CBS, you do not deserve to have a show in this league on your schedule, if all you can do is abuse these wonderful people who made this show. Please voice your opinion on this loudly on Twitter, Facebook whatever, the more noise we make as fans the better our chances of another network stepping in and offering POI better than a Winter premiere and 13 episodes to wrap up. The writers simply cannot tell the story that they originally had planned, and given what they need to wrap up, 13 episodes is not enough. CBS are not saying this show is ending, but we all know what it means when a show is held to midseason and only given a 13 episode order. At least Shonda Rhimes had the guts and smarts to tell ABC that she would be wrapping up Private Practice in Season six, and did not wait to be fired. Smart Lady, the lovely Shonda Rhimes, shame Nine Tassler is such a twit. Wow, that is a long rant.
Sep 21, 2015
Generally speaking, 13 episodes is more than enough time to tell the story they want to tell. The US is one of a select few tv markets that have 22 episode seasons. Almost everywhere else in the world, shows get 13-16 episode runs per season and they do just fine. Moving it to Midseason will actually its ratings since it is now a de-facto serial and serials that take long breaks tend to lose viewership. I personally is should have a 6th season, but I trust the writers enough to let them close out the show. Just as long they can do what they want with the ending, I will be happy.
May 28, 2015
CBS has great programs but their programming staff should be fired!!!!! Person of Interest is a first tier program and the thought of cancellation because they cannot find two other action women actresses to compliment the program is stupid to be kind. That program should stay in the 10:00 PM Tuesday slot our put it in Thursday at 9:00 PM before Elementary or switch their time slots. Wake up and smell the Roses. Signed Michael Gates e-mail mgates@professionalsearchinc.com
May 26, 2015
Wow, CBS. (Possibly) ending POI, pitting Supergirl against Gotham, AND allowing CSI: Cyber to continue drawing breath? You done lost your minds!
May 21, 2015
Person of Intereset is one of the best shows on TV and is exclusive to people with brains. People who have Brains do not watch terrestrial TV they Stream TV. Neilson does not count us. Fix Neilson and Peson of Interest with shoot to #1
May 31, 2015
Brad - you are so friggin spot on. I want a TV show that stirs my imagination and makes me think long after the episode is over. Person of Interest is the one show that gives me that and I have not felt like this about a TV show since I was little kid and fell in love with Batman. I am now heading towards 50 fast and I love this show, there will never be another like it. Cyber CSI sucks, Elementary sucks, none of these two shows are original concepts. POI is original, the genre unexplored, the premise is exciting, and there is so much more of this story the creators want to show us. Unlike some people who have the telly on for background noise, I do not, that is what music is for. When I watch TV I want though provoking TV, I want to have to use my brain. I am a writer and my creative juices are stirred up when I see rivetting TV like POI. What in the Heck is wrong with the CBS network, they are looking at a gift horse in the mouth and sneering. If they do what is being bandied about on social media and gossip sites, they will succeed in killing the show, all for the sake of few more dollars. The show they plan to put in the 9pm timeslot will tank, so will the new show "Limitless" they deserve it to tank. Nit Wits! I live in Australia, so even if I watched it live on the Nine Network here my participation does not count.
More +
Sep 21, 2015
If you want a show that will get you thinking, go watch The 100.
May 14, 2015
Ted Danson going to CSI: Cyber will give the show some much needed credibility and watchability. That said, it would still be like watching, from start to finish, a dog squatting down to take a dump -- the dog will just be a little cuter. Seriously, the show is a BOMB, from the opening credits with "It can happen to you..." (why a whisper? do stolen files or the internet whisper to you? Is it because hackers are sneaky and you can't hear them as they sneak up on you?). I'm glad CSI is ending only because it has been too long since it started and the show is getting tired. I'll miss it, but it's time. I truly believe the fact that it is ending is the ONLY reason why Cyber is still going, but I think they're kidding themselves if they believe CSI fans are all going to jump over to Cyber -- some will, but not all, and not even many if the show doesn't improve DRASTICALLY!

I do hope they extend POI beyond 13 episodes, but I have faith that if they do not they will wrap the show up nicely.
May 14, 2015
Oh, god. CSI: Cyber on Sundays. Expect cancellations and delays due to f.. football again.
May 14, 2015
poor decision made by CBS regarding POI ........
Jun 01, 2015
I so agree with you.
May 14, 2015
Boo, CBS, boo. I don't want to have to wait till 2016 for my very much needed dose of POI. The only way it could be forgiven is making it not end this upcoming season, not until the creative team decides it's time to go.
But right now it's hard to remain optimistic when so many less compelling shows are getting a much better treatment. Sigh, outdated rating measurements along with outdated network executives.
Sep 21, 2015
WB should just take it to The CW, they love their Genre shows. They also happened to be owned by CBS. So CBS still gets money out of it.
May 14, 2015
oops i meant broken excuse the typo

May 14, 2015
my heart truly broke i shall miss you C.S.I.Las Vegas but thank you for the memories
May 14, 2015
woooow.. out of the 4 CBS shows, only two of them will be on in the fall. (Mom and Angel from Hell). Holding off 2 Broke Girls is weird, isn't it one of their top rated shows? it's bad enough they do that with Mike & Molly and those are the only other two CBS shows I care about now.
May 14, 2015
POI is CBS's best show! That is all.
May 13, 2015
Honestly screw CBS. Person of Interest deserves much more than a network that has been obviously bitter about not owning the show and not being able to make profit off of it. I hope Warner Bros find the show a new home and Nolan tells CBS to shove it.
Sep 21, 2015
Take the show to The CW, they love genre stuff. Also, they pay more attention to online and overseas ratings.
Sep 21, 2015
There's no way POI will ever be broadcast on the CW.
Jun 01, 2015
Yes! I hope this happens too. If I was the writer/creator, I would be so looking for another network.
May 13, 2015
How do you not pair Big Bang Theory with Supergirl??? BBT is constantly promoting and using DC characters to begin with. And you don't have the light bulb go on over your head to put them on the same night? How about Limitless after Supergirl? The only question would be what to put on before or after BBT, but I think there should be something like Mom on before followed by BBT then the rest. Jeez, why not? Please, I know about ratings iissues and trying to get new viewers into new shows with established successful ones and so forth, but this makes no sense to me.
May 13, 2015
All I watch on CBS is PoI, if they do this I'm done with CBS for good. It's the only show worth mentioning in the whole network's schedule, and way ahead of everything else in there. So if they don't give the creators the chance to complete their show in the way they had envisioned, and give us a rushed, 13-episode ending instead, sayonara CBS. 13 episodes are better than nothing of course, and I'm sure the show will go out with a bang if it comes to that. But a full 6 seasons like the showrunners had implied (and probably written) would be the only reasonable thing to do. Instead of renewing crap comedy shows and CSI and NCIS clones *snooze*, and putting your best quality show in the freezer.
Jun 01, 2015
Once The Good Wife is over I am done too. In fact I would probably be better off going out and getting season 4, 5, and 6 on DVD. It did get renewed for season 7 I think? But, I don't see it being renewed for season 8. I have watched one episode so far from the most recent season, which I believe was 6, and this show has gone downhill since Season 1. Once CBS have done ruining this show, I am done with them. I quite like Madam Secretary, but the network in Australia are fast-tracking that, so I can see it pretty soon after it goes to air in the US. Nothing else on this network really appeals to me except Person of Interest, which they are determined to ruin. WTF!
May 13, 2015
I think they want to leave enough time for Sarah Shahi to come back. If POI still has stories to tell and a new direction to go after season 5, it won't get canceled.
May 13, 2015
Since all there shows seem to be coming back in November, maybe POI isn't on the chopping block.
about time they end CSI
And the clones
May 13, 2015
After what everyone put up last September, I'm not optimistic about any of this. Network TV is dying--Castor Soto...
May 14, 2015
But he's the new head of the CW... He just offered me a job is number two!
Hold for Carol...
May 13, 2015
Danson should improve Cyber. They need all they can get.
cyber is beyond help
May 14, 2015
And having the Sunday 10pm timeslot will be a death sentence. The show wasn't that good to begin with, and I doubt people will make the effort to watch every episode that's constantly pushed back due to football.
May 13, 2015
Impressed they got a two hour finale movie. Other CSI's never got that. Original L&O never did either. It deserves it; it's been on for 15 years. But if you ask me any of these franchises don't really need one they can just wrap up things on the spinoff with some guest appearances (after all they're so identical).

May 13, 2015

So now CBS is doing completely away with comedy on Mondays?
May 13, 2015
Unless you consider Scorpion a comedy....
Sep 21, 2015
I would consider Scorpion a comedy...
May 13, 2015
Why oh why on earth would you want to get rid of a Nolan brother?
May 13, 2015
Bad move by CBS. Supergirl and Gotham will go head-to-head and at the expense of one of CBS's comedy blocks.
May 13, 2015
Note to self. Never get invested in shows that don't belong to the network they're airing on. I though Fox was the bad one when it came to treatment of it's shows. CBS just took the title. Wish WB could sell POI to a decent network.
May 13, 2015
Totally agree. Hopefully they aren't intending on cancelling, but I have been wondering lately what else the writers can do. They always surprise me and was never worried, just anxious to see what would come next.
May 13, 2015
POI has never worried me in terms of story. Any time I thought it was getting predictable they changed the game. Really hope these reports are wrong and POI steps in when one of the newbies falters.
May 13, 2015
. so you think NBC, which canceled 70 percent of its shows, is better option? or may be FXX with its .2 and .3 ratings? get over it, POI was toast even BEFORE this season started
Jun 01, 2015
I disagree Billy, CBS cannot see what is staring them in the face. Their judgement is clouded because they don't own the show, and cannot make enough money from it. If they returned it to THursday at 9pm in the fall, this show would kick the crap out of everything else in it's timeslot. I don't know about demo ratings, but overall it would win the night. It biggest competition would be Shonda Rhimes with her three #TGIT shows. They are worried Scandal will beat POI in the demo? What a crock. POI will kick ass over Scandal in total viewers. And it they were to show it after a show like BBT then more younger people might tune in.
May 13, 2015
There are may other shows on CBS with worse ratings. Hawaii 5-0, Blue Bloods, Good Wife Madam Secretary to name a few. The only reason POI is getting treated this way is because it's a WB production. Up to now, CBS has been fairly reasonably in their decisions. There have been things I wished weren't cancelled, but I understood it from a ratings standpoint.

Fox has had a bad habit of jumping shows all over the place and airing them out of order and then cancelling them without ever giving them a chance. Shoddy treatment. What CBS has done to POI is worse. This shortened (and probably last) season is out of nowhere and unfair to the fans and cast and crew.

NBC is actually fairly loyal to its shows. Their problem is that for years they've wanted to be the cool kid and play to a hip niche crowd. Now it's come back to bite them. A mistake clearly, but the choice they made and I respect that.

As for cable, they always have low rating aside from a few outliers like The Wlaking dead, so I'm not sure what your point is there. When I said shop to networks, I meant cable or streaming as well. I think POI is an amazing show and I would follow it anywhere as would a lot of others. Cheers!
More +
May 13, 2015
Nice to see CSI will have a finale.
May 13, 2015
How the frik is Cyber getting Grisson back when they could never get him on CSI? Or are they saying he will be on the finale, that I'm ok with. I refuse to watch Cyber, it is laughably bad.
May 13, 2015
Read it again. Grissom is doing the 2 hour wrap-up movie.

Danson's DB character is moving over to Cyber after that.
I misread it too.
May 13, 2015
"New shows are listed in ALL CAPS AND UNDERLINED (underlined because otherwise you'd think NCIS was a new show)"

The irony in all of this is that all hyperlinked shows are underlined, so NCIS is in fact in all caps and underlined.
May 13, 2015
If I read between the lines correctly, "pitched really terrific ideas for the new season" and "It's always been a very smart, creative show" really means, we don't own this property outright and we do not want to pay for quality programming. In other headlines, NBC welcomes CBS to the race to the bottom.
May 13, 2015
maybe they don't want to pay for CRAP, ever think about that? oh right, your taste in shows is automtic quality
Jun 01, 2015
Did you just call Person of Interest crap? Wow the fans here might just eat you alive. There is so much love for this show it is uncanny. I cannot believe any person who has sat through at least one episode could really support an argument that POI is crap. Wow! Perhaps you do not understand this show or you don't want a show that requires you to concentrate and really think. Each to their own I say, some people don't want to work that hard to watch a TV program, they like to have it on as company and fall asleep on the couch. I get this, I feel that way myself sometimes. But please do not call my favourite show CRAP, it is far from it.
May 13, 2015
CBS does not have its act together

May 13, 2015
:( Person of Interest better be given enough time to finish properly
May 13, 2015
Even better, I hope it doesn't end. But yes, thumbs up.
CSI:Cyber is doomed
cant wait for Limitless and Supergirl
Jun 01, 2015
Because of my loyalty to Nolan, Plageman and all things Person of Interest I have to be honest, I hope they tank badly.
May 13, 2015
Very little left on my schedule, compared to a few years ago when it was all CBS all the time.
May 13, 2015
Bradley Cooper on my TV screen on a somewhat regular basis? Awesome!
May 13, 2015
Gotham (w/o Batman) v Supergirl (w/o Superman): Dawn of Ratings War.
why? Gotham is fading and Supergirl will be a flop
May 14, 2015
After seeing the trailer, I'm less inclined to believe that Supergirl will be a flop.
May 14, 2015
How the hell is Gotham "fading" when it only just finished its first season? That's a word you use only when a series has been on the air for a number of years.
Jun 01, 2015
I do agree with whoever predicted that Supergirl will flop. All of CBS new shows that began last fall are flops. What makes you think 2015 will be any different.
May 13, 2015
Ted Dansen joining CSI:Cyber? I think his only lines in the backdoor pilot were "Huh?" and "What's that?". I don't watch CSI so I don't know if that is his character's normal speed, but hopefully he can contribute more than that. Plus I hope they have other tweaks and polish planned for Cyber as well.

I also notice they dropped Cyber into the tough timeslot the old CSI suffered in. That's not very nice of CBS.
Load More Comments