Comedy Central Renews Drunk History and Nathan For You

Small businesses and historians who demand sobriety and accuracy, LOOK OUT! You're both threatened now that Comedy Central has renewed Nathan For You and Drunk History. According to The Hollywood Reporter, both shows will return for their respective third seasons in 2015.

Nathan For You, which is one of my absolutely favorite shows on television right now, stars Canadian business-school graduate Nathan Fielder and follows him as he consults with small business that are looking to increase their sales and offers "creative"—some might say "stupid"—ideas. Past episodes have seen him convince a frozen yogurt shop to peddle poop-flavored frozen treats and advise a pet store to advertise on a giant tombstone in a pet cemetery. It's absolutely genius.

Drunk History—which got its start as a Funny or Die web series—features a wasted narrator who recount famous moments in history while incredibly lubed up on the sauce. A rotating cast of today's best comics then reenacts each tale in full costume.

Nathan For You and Drunk History currently air on Tuesdays at 10pm and 10:30pm, respectively, on Comedy Central. Watch them!

Jul 28, 2014
Can Drunk History, bring back The Ben Show
Jul 26, 2014
Cool! After only 4 episodes I already think Nathan for you's second season is even better than the first. I just wish we'd see more of what happens after (for example, in the fantastic segment Pet shop, I'd love to know whether people actually came to the shop-even if to complain). Also, more episodes per season please!!
Jul 26, 2014
This is definitely a Good News / Bad News type of brief for me. Nathan makes me laugh out loud at least once per episode, usually more. Great stuff. Drunk History, on the other hand, is an utter waste of time. I don't know what sort of blackmail material Derek Waters has on all the talented stars he gets to appear on the show but it must be really strong stuff. I usually sit stone-faced throughout each episode, wondering who finds it funny and how it continues to get renewed. It's one of CC's very worst properties. Simply a terrible idea for a show. DRUNK PEOPLE ARE NEVER FUNNY, EVEN IF YOU'RE ONE OF THEM.

Jul 26, 2014
I actually enjoy Drunk History. Then again, it's the comics having to act out the drunk narrators idiocy that cracks me up.
Jul 26, 2014
Oh, I'll grant that it brings in some fine actors and comedians. Some of my favorites, in fact. It's just the whole premise of the show that I find really weak and woefully unfunny. To each his own. No one said I have to watch and I'll shut up about it for now.