Comic-Con 2012: The Vampire Diaries Cast Q&A (VIDEO)

It's tough out there for a series regular in July! Sometimes you have to go to San Diego and promote your show to thousands of fans (and a couple dozen press members), but you know next to nothing about what will happen in the upcoming season! At the time of our interviews, the cast of The Vampire Diaries had only filmed for a single week before flying out to Southern California to promote their famously secretive production. Credit where credit's due: They all made up for lack of info with an abundance of charm!

Below, watch Zach Roerig and Michael Trevino discussing all the important, non-spoilery topics: shirtlessness, how Trevino will approach playing Klaus, and microscopic hints about what scenes Roerig has filmed so far:

And here's Steven R. McQueen on Jeremy's love life and whatever DID happen to Jeremy's dog anyway?

The Vampire Diaries returns for Season 4 on Thursday, October 11 at 8pm on The CW.

Ahaha, the first interview with Price's questions about shirtlessness reminded me of Bridget Jones' interview with Colin Firth and her questions about his character Mr Darcy)) People, who read the second book, will understand))
Now that you mention it, it really is kinda similar...
Michael Trevino is very animated when he talks lol. Awesome interview, it sounds like Joseph Morgan will be back to play Klaus... Couldn't be more happy at this point!!
Yay! Price finally put up The Vampire Diaries interview! For a minute, I thought he wouldn't.
Excited. Yay!
Thanks for the great videos! (I can hear them fine!)
Transcript of Second Video:

Price: What happened to Jeremy's dog?

McQueen: (laughs) You know what? That's a question I was, uh, you know what? I don't know. I have no idea, um. (laughs) Um, where's Julie? We gotta ask her that. He's still in Denver, he's chillin, you know he's living in nature now.

P: You've had 3 major girlfriends, or, you know, ladies that you've romanced and so, uh, what are the kinds of differences between working with each actress? Do you have, like, a different way of getting in the mood with each one?

M: Getting in the mood? (laughs) Well, uh, I listen to some Barry White before, uh, before each scene (laughs) No, I don't know, it's, uh, they've all been different, and they've all effected the storyline in different ways, but most of them have ended in loss. Um, and they're all been very talented actresses so it's, uh, it's always great to have new additions to the cast, it's always a bummer to loose them.

(voice off screen, lady voice, definitely not Price): How do you prepare for stuff like that? Do you have, like a dark..

M (interrupting): Barry White

(voice off screen): a dark place you go for the loss part? Cause that's kind of a

M: For the loss? No, I mean, I think we've all, you know, we've all loved at some point, and I think we've all lost, uh, and you just have to, to connect to some, uh, parts of yourself.

(male voice off screen, still not Price): Will there be a new love interest in season 4?

M: (taps table) Uh, you know there's not much I can say. I can say there are new characters comin' and, uh, I got, I got pretty excited when I read the, uh, first 2 scripts.

(lady voice off screen): Did you want a new love interest in season 4?

M: Right now, I think he's preoccupied with, with all the loss that's going on, um, but so far Jeremy as a character has been a horn dog, so (laughs) I don't know, uh, that's up to our capable writers and it'll be interesting to see where that goes.

P: When important things happen to Jeremy, uh, do you find out when you read the script, or do they generally

M: Oh, yeah, we, well sometimes they'll sit us down and give us a meeting and be like "okay this is what's happening this season, you know, uh, and kind of give us some sort of guidelines, but we're still waiting script to script, like things change and, uh, and, uh, yeah. Yeah. So this season we kinda had our meetings and I got pretty damn excited.

P: Ever been totally shocked by something that they didn't warn you about?

M: Yeah. Yeah! I mean, we, none of us really expected to loose Matt Davis, um, and, um, yeah, I think that's a fun thing about this show is you never know what's gonna happen next, just kind of excited.
I never thought Jeremy ever had a dog. I've always just assumed that it was someone else's random, overly friendly dog that he stopped to pet the day that what's-his-face was sent to spy on Jeremy in Denver. I spent weeks wondering what the biscuits y'all were talking about.
I believe that Elena calls Jeremy after they find out about how awful the eternal-life rings are and he says "guess what! I got a dog!'
Transcript of First Video:

Price: How much warning do you guys get before you know you're going to have to take your clothes off on camera?

Trevino: Not, not, not enough. Not long enough at all.

P: So, you have to stay in shape all season?

Roerig: Well, you know, Will Smith said "you never have to get ready if you stay ready."

T: ButYeah, I've heard that many times. That's good.

(both laugh)

R: But we don't stay ready.

T: We don't stay ready, though, no.

R: We live life to the fullest.

T: In Atlanta, the food is delicious and it's not the healthiest.

R: Would you like grits with that?

T: How 'bout a stick of butter? Just throw it right in there? Uh. We, we don't. I, I honestly do, I ask (?). Or when I read it in the script, it's more so about the scheduling cause I read "okay, shirtless alright" but then I'll go to, like, one of our ADs and say "Alright when are we planning to shoot this, like, because we start the next episode tomorrow, yet are we shooting it tomorrow? Or are we shooting it like in, on the 6th day?" So it's more so about the scheduling as far as when I go.

R: I've lucked out. This guy though, I mean, shit, he's been shirtless more than you've had clothes on.

T: Yeah, man, yeah.

T: Me personally, I hope for a while. I'd like to, you know have a run at playing "Klaus" for like 4 or 5 episodes. Don't think it's gonna happen. You know, Joseph Morgan, we have to bring him back, he's a big part of our show. Um, I, um, yeah. I just know I'm having fun right now. We are about, well, this week we're finishing our first episode, we just got the script for our second episode, um, it's been fun so far, it's interesting. Creatively, for me to play, you know, Tyler's just, you know, he's a high school kid and very animated, but Klaus is just so centered and, like, 100% focused, and powerful, and knows how powerful he is. So for me, I'm just trying to, like, embody that presence that Joseph brings to Klaus. Not really trying to mimic what Joseph does. It's just, it's more really about not, his mannerisms, but just knowing you're playing somebody who's the most powerful person, on the planet, essentially, in our world, and so I just keep that in my head and, kind of, just kind of do it. Hopefully, hopefully it turns out that way. I mean, I don't know yet, this is what we were shooting last week. I mean, it could be horrible and people are going to be like "god, that's not Klaus at all, what's he doing?" but, um, hopefully it works out.

P: Do we hear an accent, at any point?

T: Uh, we do not. No, luckily for me and EVERYBODY, we do not. We do not.

R: He can do it.

(voice off camera, doesn't quite sound like Price): Try it right now.

T: Noooo, not gonna try it.

R: My favorite scene so far this season, I've only shot 2 or 3, but, uh, I was, I had the honor of being the very first scene of season four and it was Candice Accola and I together, uh, and it was kind of, uh, not too emotionally charged, but enough there that kind of reconnected where we were at season three. And it was, it was, uh, nice, it was good I mean Candice is a blast to work with. So, I don't know, I was just honored to start the year off.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOW - 'Matt' really looks like Price in this video...
Haha love Steven R. McQueen's genuine surprise at being asked such an original question (about Jemery's dog).
LOL Price the mystery of Jeremy's dog! I do hope he's living in nature somewhere and somehow finds a way back to Jeremy and saves him from a vampire or something Lassie-style.

I really enjoyed these interviews! Thanks Price <3 Steven R. McQueen seems like a super awesome person and it was interesting to hear about Michael Trevino's take on acting Klaus...kinda reminds me of Anna Torv playing all these different characters pretending to be other characters haha :P

need to get these videos captioned asap. I did not understand even 10% of the first one because of the background noise...
<3 love this, love you