Confirmed: Las Vegas leveled

Late last week, reports began hitting the Web saying that Las Vegas was not exactly tight with Lady Luck. The NBC drama was reportedly the first victim of the poststrike era, and was being cancelled part of the way through its fifth season.

Earlier this week, show runner Gary Scott Thompson confirmed the news to TVGuide.com, saying, "The strike did us in." NBC has yet to comment on the decision.

For fans of the show, the news is particularly biting. The last episode filmed before the strike stopped production ended on a cliffhanger and was meant to be part one of a two-part episode. Now, it's unlikely that the loose ends will ever be tied up, and Thompson doesn't sound too positive on the possibility of resolving things with a straight-to-DVD episode or two-hour wrap-up finale.

"At the end of the day, that's NBC's decision," Thompson told TVGuide. "It's a monetary decision. You know, I sold my soul to get a season five, so I didn't have a soul left to sell. We fought an uphill battle from day one. We were the little big show that could."

As is the case with recently canceled shows, fans are rallying around a "save the show" campaign by sending in items to the network that axed the show. This time, fans are sending in baby booties, given that two characters were just about to become parents before the show ended.

I love this show BRING IT BACK ON AIR!!!!!! I miss not knowing what is/might going to happen even though rerun episodes play on T.V I want it back I miss it and Danny McCoy and Everyone else 2
BRING BACK THE GREATEST SHOW EVER.
it really was a nice show,im also upset about the way it ended...too bad shows like that dot come every day and it could really make people lough
I just started watching this on TNT and I got hooked ended up buying the box set so I can start from the beginning. Man this show has to be 1 of my favorites but it wasnt the same w/ out Nessa & Ed Deline no Disrespect to Tom and the new cast members but damn to cancell the way they did is just wacked. At least you could bring Mary, Ed and Marsha back for the final finale i preferred you would of just kept it going.
I can't believe they cancelled this show I am so pissed off. This show is my favorite i can't stop watching it, but when i heard that there wasn't going to be a new season i could not believe what I heard. At least let TNT take it over I mean I need to see a new episode or I am going to die seriously we need a new season!!!!!!
I can't believe they are taking it off the air... What a F__king stupid thing to do... It is true you get a show everyone enjoys seeing and you dumb ass exec's rip out of peoples lives... way to go..
You know its true, everytime a decent show comes on its gets cancelled. I hope the baby bootie campaign works, we the fans at least deserve closure on the last episode. To have that many cliffhangers in one episode and not make any attempt to finish them off is utterly ridiculus. But I guess its all about the money, I thought the fans, the people who spend the money buying the tvs, paying for access to all the programs would have some say but I guess we spend our hard earned money for absolutely nothing. Bring the show back, at least finish the show off if you can't continue the series.
Are they crazy or what.... I watch it every day on TNT and would watch it prime time if I could... Its horrible that they canceled it, theirs nothing like it on TV. Everything else is all the same old crap... BRING IT BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I watch las vegas reruns every day on channel tnt. I want new episodes the endding sucked bring it back
wow just found out that the show was canned. las vegas and heros are the 2 best shows nbc has. now nbc leaves us hangin with a short season last year cuz of the writers stike at least they should do is make a final season instaed of just scraping the whole thing. and leavin the vegas fans hanging.
Im so sick and tired of everytime their is a good show they aways cancel them. I just dont get it. I was looking forward to seeing what happened to the baby, did she loose it and Cooper not being dead. This sucks.
What a joke NBC is how can you cancal one of the best tv series ever made half way in season five think long and hard and bring it asap do it!!!!!
I think that cancelling Las Vegas like NBC did really sucks!! Would be nice to know why this happened!!!
People NBC SUCKS. They do not know what they are doing there. If you remember they cancelled a show they said would never make it back in the 80's. Remember it? BAYWATCH !!! Dont you like the way it died a horrable death and never made it. NBC has no pulse on what people enjoy and the nealson ratings are a joke and a half. This is exactly why NBC is dead with the network battles and they will not do any better until they get "normal" people to run the network. Someone who listens to the fans and NOT what nealson says.
I have always been a Tom Selleck fan, however he couldn't replace James Caan. I am not sure why he left the show, but I wish he hadn't. It just wasn't the same...
NBC SUCKS...How can you cancelled one of the best shows in TV??? Las Vegas is fun, exciting, and original. Please bring it back!
And of course here is NBC killing off yet another great TV show. I swear these morons don't listen to anybody. I have seen them kill off successful shows one by one till they are not the number 1 network anymore. Brandon Tartikoff is turning in his grave, I think, at what they've done to his former number one network. Thank GOD for USA and Lifetime. Hopefully they will learn from the NBC dopes and not make the same mistakes with their successful shows. NBC is arrogant in believing that Vegas needed to be canceled. It was a cast of gold and the stories were EXCEPTIONAL. How sad we are bemoaning NBC and their mistakes again and again and again. Should be easy to boycott these dopes who don't listen to their fans. Makes me sick. Still not over Third Watch being canceled, and now this.
So I say...'must' watch tv? I think not-if Vegas is gone. Sign me -Disgusted fan...AGAIN!
this blows las vegas is one of the best progammes on tv. James caan is the king there is no way this programme should have been cancelled nbc suck bring it back. ed, mary and nessa should come back as well
this is the reason why people dont trust NBC. This network is like the TITANIC. sinking. I love Las Vegas
This is bull!! I love this show so much, and It truly sucks that they are ending It. I would love for this show to keep going. But if you are going to end it at least have the balls to do It right!!!! Im sorry I didn't want to say "balls" but Its true. If your going to end It; DO IT RIGHT!!!!! The show had been great and It does not deserve to end like this!
I think that is it is very clever of the studios involved with this one.

Picture the situation where people like a show but they are not making the ratings. Cancel the show on a cliffhanger. Then in a few months bring out a movie called Las Vegas the Conclusion.

Interesting marketing idea. !!!!!
great show and it was getting better. what specific reason or reasons was it cancelled? atleast try and bring it back for a finally, or even anther season or two. well anyway i'm mad! and i'm not gonna take it anymore.
That's just wrong, I actually enjoyed Season 5 more than any of the past seasons. I thought Tom Selleck was awesome! NBC once again proves why they're one of the worst; kicks Leno out and levels LV. Good luck next year NBC, I'll be watching Chuck and that's it.
This is just silly. Ok...fine. Cancel the show. I love the show. But please do not end it this way. They are ending it as if it was a season 1 newbie. It does not give the show justice to have it end this way after 5 seasons.
This is one of the biggest Boo Boo's (to put it very mildly) NBC has made. Las Vegas has been the best program on the air in quite some time. An invigorating breath of fresh air from all those so called "Reality Shows", they are so old, they are running out of ides and coming up with the stupidest shows.

This move has certainly lowered my opinion of NBC and it's so called management as it has with many of my family and friends.

BRING BACK LAS VEGAS A.S.A.P.

Can you not at least have a 2 part finale to let your viewers down easy rather then leave us hanging?
These networks really kill me, canceling Las Vegas, which really was better this season with Tom Selleck, and has some of the hottest women on TV. As I have said before these networks still are not counting properly the people who DVR, and D/L these shows, I know they are losing advertising dollars with this, but charge more for the advertising and make less ad's and people may not have to skip them at all. Or we could blame all the people who keep crap like Deal or No Deal, and Big Brother on TV.
NBC I am done with you. This was the only show that I watched on NBC and what do you think you are doing. Sell this show to another network so they can do what you seem un able to do. You are one sorry bunch of people.
this was a very stupid move on nbc's half. i hate most their shows, they bore me to death. i love shows like csi and vegas fit under that crime show category, which is very popular with viewers right now. las vegas was an awesome show and i never missed an episode, im honestly disappointed with nbc for canceling the show. bring it back!!!
I cannot believ they got rid of this AWESOME show ad kept stupid ones like heros and crap like that. I am STUNNRD! Bring thsi show back NBC!
im from holland and i loved the show i find it stupid to cancel an show like this why dont they end this season 5 and close it propetly like it shut be why do they cancel the show annyway please give me and al the others a season 6 geetz
Is there any chance another network may pick this up. It was one of the very few shows I was even interested in anymore. I cannot believe a series would be cancelled when with everything going on, there was several new directions the show could have taken. I guess they have to make way for another one of those STUPID reality shows or silly game shows. Thanks alot you NBC money hungry idiots.
Disappointing~ It was a great show~
I'm in the UK, and this is - or rather WAS - one of my favourite US shows. I've watched many over the years, and have seen no end of my favourites cancelled, even going back to American Gothic and Dark Skies.

This kind of random cancellation is exactly the reason why I refuse to buy DVD box sets of US shows until I KNOW that the series has been completed. I feel sorry for fans of shows like this who have spent good money on DVDs only to see the show ended like this, mid-season/mid-story, without any warning.
It sucks. But we can do like they did with jericho they sended alot of nuts to the producers because got cancel the show and they had something to do with the show.
This sucks!!! They finally get a really great show on and they cancel because of the writers why??? Shouldnt they at least let the writers get back to writing before they cancel any shows?? They should bring it back NOW!!! and give it another chance!!! Im gonna be sending baby booties to I Think everyone who loved the show should!! And boycott what they put in its place!!!!
Ok, this was a great show and only getting better......I loved were things were going and what was about to come, I loved that Danny and Delinda were about to have a baby... Im so upset and THEY NEED TO BRING IT BACK NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok this makes me angry, there is NOTHING on tv as it is and they cancel a show that people have been watching for years without letting them at least finish the season. Man am I pissed! I loved that show, I have seen every single episode and I am shocked that they would cancel it. TV took a big hit as it is - the networks are crazy to be canceling shows that make the ratings good. Another reason that TV is starting to suck all the way around and maybe it's time to stop watching certain networks to send them a message - they suck! I will miss Las Vegas :(
Please don't cancel it!! I love this show. Being an American living in Australia, Las Vegas always reminded me of the glitz in the US and particularily Vegas. The viewers deserve the show to finish cleanly. One more ep!!! One more ep!!! One more ep!!!
I cannot figure out why this show would be cancelled. It was a great show and even though James Caan left, Tom Seleck was a great choice for a replacement. My whole family, kids, their kids and siblings and parents all watched this show. How can we make NBC realize this
Darn it all...I loved this show and agree NBC made a bad decision. AT LEAST finish the season. Bad PR move. Will they never learn? Also, assuming it was a "monetary decision" to cancel it before the season ending, I have to wonder if they missed the boat on potential revenue. With some added hype, I'd bet lots of past viewers would have tuned in for a well-advertised end-of-series finale. Could have been a win-win. Blew it. This is really getting old. I'm bummed.
I'm not surprised. Season five stunk with the loss of James Caan and Nikki Cox. Even my Korean girlfriend predicted that the show was going to falter soon.
Ugh, a show with five years of history deserves a proper ending! NBC should at least give it a go for a 2-hour finale special. Canceling it on such a crazy cliffhanger absolutely sucks.
I really liked this show and have seen every episode since the beginning. I am so very disappointed that it has been cancelled by NBC. It seems as if the TV networks want nothing on the air anymore except these mindless reality shows. I also don't know how they know how good or bad a show is really doing anymore since everyone has so many options on watching their favorite shows. We have shows on iTunes, the network web sites, DVRs and TIVO. I hardly ever watch a show during it's regular time because I record everything and watch on my time.

This was a good show with a nice balance of humor and drama and good talent. It would be nice if they would do a 2 hour movie to wrap things up - leaving us all with that cliffhanger is downright rude!
OK that really bites!! I loved the show.. Disapointed we at least can't get a finale!!
Didn't think it was that good anyway
why you do this to all fans..after 5 seasons but gone just like that......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I am going to send baby booties to Ben Silverman how about you?
What! How can this be? I really enjoyed Las Vegas it was one of the better shows on tv! That sucks what ever you replace it with I wont watch!
maybe vanessa marcil will finally go back to General Hospital and reprise her role as Brenda?!?
I feel the people that canceled las vegas was wrong. Please bring it back and ad Nikki Cox and Marsha Thompson again. Please get rid of Molly Simms love marlon
Load More Comments