Dance champion crowned!

During last night's live season finale, finalists Melody Lacayanga, Ashle Dawson, and Jamile McGee were eliminated from this summer's "ultimate dance competition." America's decision was revealed, and Nick Lazzarini was given the coveted So You Think You Can Dance crown.

Lazzarini, who grew up in Sunnyvale, California, began to cultivate a love for dance at the tender age of four. He spent the next 16 years of his life studying many forms of dance, including jazz, hip hop, lyrical, modern, ballet, tap, and tumbling, and spent two years at the Dance Company of San Francisco.

The 20-year-old champion will now head to New York to pursue his dancing dreams. He will receive a $100,000 cash prize and one year of rent-free living in a luxury apartment overlooking Manhattan's Central Park.

So You Think You Can Dance was created by Simon Fuller and Nigel Lithgoe, who also brought the hit singing competition American Idol to television. The show gave 50 dancers a chance to strut their stuff in front of a judge panel made up of professional choreographers. Finalists had to master new dancing techniques, team up with each other to learn routines, and face the music of viewer's votes.

As of now, Fox has not announced plans to renew So You Think You Can Dance for another season.

I really enjoyed everything about this show! It was very well orchestrated. The Judges were very entertaining as well as the dancers.
I have to say "NIGEL" was my favorite Judge! Hopefully we will see more of him and these other panelists in the future!

LeDesiderata
I loved Nick. I loved his dance styles and I am glad that Nick won. He has an amazing personility.
Break a leg. Break both of them.
why did catherine2290 simply cut and past the article into their comment?
You really should read my review on the episode itself to give you the whole impact of my happiness and glee, but here it is anyway: GO NICK! I've been rooting for him since the beginning, but as my track record indicates, I've never backed the winner. I liked Nick a lot but once I saw Blake I decided that Nick would wind up a second or even lower and Blake would obviously win. When Blake was eliminated, I was certain Nick still wouldn't win. Imagine the amount of dancing I did when he won.
Congrats, Nick. The best man finally won. There is hope for reality tv after all, and for the voting system.
Yay Nick! I truly glad Nick won the competition, He is a vibrant and passionate dancer, who with every move of his body intices the audience so they can't look away. He is a faboulos dancer! Congratulations Nick!
Didn't watch the show so I don't care. Let's see a stop to reality shows right now!