DC's Legends of Tomorrow: Ranking the Heroes and Villains From Best to Worst

By order of the internet, we're required to rank all the things from here until eternity. If we run out of things to rank before then, at that point we will then rank said rankings from best ranking to worst ranking and so on and so forth until the sun burns up and we all die. After that, the aliens who've been studying us will then rank our deaths.

Here's the definitive hot take of the 75 people who currently make up the cast of The CW's DC's Legends of Tomorrow.

1. Leonard Snart a.k.a. Captain Cold

Wentworth Miller's scenery-chewing criminal was always going to be a stand-out here because of his personality, Miller's delightful delivery, and the fact that every once in a while real human moments come through his cold exterior. The fact that he doesn't much care about his legacy, though, means he pretty much does whatever he wants and that generally leads to a lot of fun scenes and interactions that we, the audience, get to enjoy.

2. Mick Rory a.k.a. Heat Wave

Much like Captain Cold, Dominic Purcell's Heat Wave had this one in the bag. He straight-up does not care about being heroic, he fully appreciates the gift that is $1 beers, enjoys mayhem, hates working but loves money, and knows what music will best score a good bar fight

3. Sara Lance a.k.a. White Canary

Sara could often be a problematic character on Arrow, where she felt like she was always being held back by the show's need to engage in heroics, but on Legends of TomorrowCaity Lotz's former assassin gets to use her special skills without judgment. Sometimes it feels like she's had a personality transplant, but it also makes her the perfect addition to complete the "Screw you guys, I do what I want" trifecta of Captain Cold, Heat Wave, and White Canary. You do you, girl.

4. Professor Martin Stein a.k.a. Firestorm, Part 1

Victor Garber is a national treasure, and the only way to improve upon the character of Professor Stein would be to see him hang out with his douchey younger version of himself on the regular.

5. Ray Palmer a.k.a. The Atom

Ray, Ray, Ray. He wants so badly to be remembered for all the good things he's done and is trying to do. The guy wants to be a hero, wants to genuinely make the world a better place, and I'd like to see him achieve that dream if for no other reason than the dude deserves a win. Also, Brandon Routh has a good face and I am not above admitting that's part of his appeal. Every team needs a heartthrob.

6. Rip Hunter a.k.a. Rory Williams

Rip Hunter hasn't had much to do yet that's made him memorable, which is a shame since he's a Time Master and all, but he is the person responsible for bringing all of these criminals and heroes together and for that he deserves some kudos. Plus, teaming up with Sara made him more likable. Or maybe I'm also just happy to see Arthur Darvill playing a time traveler again. Here's hoping he gets stronger the deeper we dive into the show.

7. Jefferson "Jax" Jackson a.k.a. Firestorm, Part 2

Franz Drameh's Jax got over being drugged by Professor Stein oddly quick which throws up some red flags about his decision-making skills, if I'm being honest, but he's also just not all that exciting yet? Does he make for a better Firestorm than Ronnie Raymond? You decide. Right now he's a boring, blank canvas with mechanic skills.

8. Vandal Savage

Casper Crump's Savage is a pretty stock supervillain at this point. He's doing villain-y things and whatnot, but it's hard to care about his vendetta against the Hawk people, or anything else really. Here's hoping that changes soon... but I can tell you right now if he ever sports a manbun, I'm out.

9. Kendra Saunders a.k.a. Hawkgirl

Maybe it's because she's mostly only interacted with Carter thus far, or maybe it's that she's really just a dud, I don't know, but so much of Legends of Tomorrow relies on Ciara Renee's character because of her connection to Vandal Savage and thus far she's not amounted to much. Or anything.

10. Carter Hall a.k.a. Hawkman

Falk Hentschel tried, but sorry buddy, no one's gonna miss Hawkman. He weighed everything down. Have a nice dirt nap.

How would you rank the Legends of Tomorrow characters?

Feb 20, 2016
I tried with this one. I really tried. I watch the other D.C. shows, but this one isn't great. Rory's acting is wooden and the entire cast is a bunch of whining whiners. Unfortunate pass.
Feb 20, 2016
This is a time travelling show. If you think this is the last that we've seen of the reincarnated Prince Khufu, you're not paying attention.
Feb 20, 2016
I can't stop staring at Kendra Saunders teeth. They bug me.
Feb 20, 2016
Honestly, this show could have been called "The Captain Cold and Heatwave Show". And I say this having truly liked this show so far! But all the other characters are just icing on the cake. The most important thing is how they interact with Snart and Rory. And this is coming from someone who has never even WATCHED Prison Break!!
Feb 19, 2016
I'd flip Heatwave with Sara, maybe keep Stein where he is, and put everyone else tied at the bottom...oh, and bury Hawkman in the negative section of the list, which coincides with his physical body being 6 feet under the ground.
Feb 18, 2016
I don't agree with Heatwave being the second on list. The only thing I know about him is that he likes fire. No character development there.
I was hoping this show would get cancelled before I watched episode 3 and 4. but now? I think there is hope. The way they developed Wentworth Miller's character in the last 2 episodes is just astonishing! It reminded me how much I used to love him ( and I re-watched the four seasons of Prison Break for him :| ). I hope they can do the same with some of the other characters and bring the show to life. It has so much potential.
Feb 15, 2016
I don't think this has happened to me before with any list any where - but I agree with every one of your choices. That's exactly the order I would choose.

I'm a bit worried, though, if they keep paring Sara with Hawkgirl. That's going to drag her down. Hawkgirl sucks the life out of any scene that she's in.

Vandal Savage isn't a great villain. But somehow he keeps losing then winning ... because plot??? Also, now have mental pictures of the man-bun. Oh, the horror....

I love Victor Gerber but am starting to hate Stein after last week with his patronising, manipulative behaviour. Number four on the list comes a long way after number three for me.

I really want to love this show. But it is essentially the same serious of events every week (and worse, the same speeches) and it has so many problems that it isn't a pleasure to watch as a whole, just small elements each week are engaging. I hope things straighten out soon.
Feb 16, 2016
but he already did the man-bun in episode 3
Feb 15, 2016
1. Cap. Cold
2. Heat Wave
3. White Canary
4. Atom
5. Stein
And the rest......

I am not sure if there will be season 2 or not.....
Not like arrow and the flash, story line is too weak. They are jumping around timeline and place too much....

I guess many of us like cold and heat duo more than others because we are already very familiar with them as a brothers in prison break.
Feb 15, 2016
Rory (er, Rip), Captain Cold, Heat Wave, White Canary, and that's it. I like Jax pretty well, too, and Atom. I loved Stein until last week, at which point I just felt like he was using Jax's "youth" as an excuse to get his frustrations out by yelling at him all the time. Could do without Savage and Hawkgirl (and yes, I realize that without them the show would have no premise, but they're annoying). Hawkman wasn't bad, but I also wasn't sorry to see him go, so...
Feb 14, 2016
Totally agree with the ranking, especially 1 & 2 (don't care much for the others).
Feb 14, 2016
The first 3 would be my choice too. I love Wentworth Miller and even though he was/is a villain, I like the way he has become part of the team and if you watch closely, he has a lot of funny remarks.
Of course because I'm a Prison Break fan, Heatwave is 2nd. I used to watch Arrow (I'm behind a season or so) but I really like Sara's personality better now. I'm curious to go back and see how she came back to life. Jefferson & Rip Hunter would be next. For some reason I like Jefferson. Then I guess Prof Stein. But The Atom and Hawkgirl are my least favorites. I really don't think Brandon Routh is good looking and he sounds like a know it all. Hawkgirl (either it's the actress playing her) or just that storyline with Carter that makes me wish they both would have died and be reincarnated as brother & sister instead of lovers.
Feb 12, 2016
I think the best of the villains or heroes as we might call them, would be ranked something like this :-
1- Snart (same as yours)
2- Sara ( She's as badass a Villain can get, yet with a Heart of a Hero, the perfect mix for a Legend)
3- HeatWave
4- Ray Palmer
5- Proff Stein
6- RIP Hunter
7- HawkGirl
8- Jackson
and lastly at no 9 - Hawkman (i particularly dislike him for the way he treated Cisco in Flash, and besides he hasn't done much in Legends either) .

I would place Vandal Savage on this list, as he is the ultimate Villian in this saga, and it would be unfair to rank him alongside the emerging/trying to become Hereos!.
Feb 12, 2016
Unfortunately, I have to disagree with your ranking order and not by a great deal but just a few shifts. I do agree on some of them, for instance, Ray Palmer is a dead-center 5 and Hawkman is a well-deserved bottom feeder.

Jax is right next to Hawkman in the bottom feeding lair, however, due to Stein (who for me is #3) can bring their combined essence to #7, I suppose? I think you're a bit too harsh on Hawkgirl, I would have her at #6, below Ray but above Heatwave. The cream of the crop is definitely Snart, with Savage being #2 and Sara being #3.

My overall list would look something like this:

1. Snart
2. Savage
3. Sara
4. Stein
5. Palmer
6. Kendra
7. Heatwave
8. Rip Hunter
9. Jax
10. Hawkman

I don't think I've seen enough of Rip Hunter to accurately gauge him but for someone given the responsibility of being a "time-master" and the obvious nod of being captain, he needs to act more like one with more flare and zeal. Perhaps, it's the Black Sails binge-catching up I've been doing that's influenced this critique, but if he was half as resourceful as Flint, oh man.
Feb 11, 2016
oh... the fact that hawkgirl's son recognized her (and her picture looks the same) means she likely looks the same in ever life... which makes me wonder how two white guys (I assume) and a black girl (she's black, right?) got into ancient egypt... and more so why egypt would ever let them into such high ranks... especially the prince

and egyptians didn't have beards so I dont know what vandal savage is doing
Feb 11, 2016
the way sara talks reminds me of how... what is her name.. think... gossip girl... hmm... allis-... no... I got this... uhm... yes! serena van der woodsen... as if she's slightly high all the time

otherwise she'd be my number 1
Feb 11, 2016
I think she may high all the time. She knows how fire up a doobie and dance in a biker's bar.

Feb 11, 2016
aww, rory misses time travel :')
Feb 09, 2016
I see Hawkgirl and Hawkman and I think, Man, I miss Bobbi and Hunter - when is Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. going to start up again?
Feb 11, 2016
1st week of March!!
Feb 09, 2016
Pretty much accurate list. BTW is constantine gonna join them or not ? I want him to be part of team.
Feb 09, 2016
I take it i'm the only one who thinks Stein is the best then?

Victor Garber outshines everyone as a performer, he's funny, and likeable

Cpt Cold is better on this than he ever was on The Flash (ditto for Heat Wave) but WM's poor acting still ruins it for me

Sara just feels like SARA to me - nothing new and i don't see why everyone is loving her :/

I prefer Hawkman to Hawkgirl (Hawkman actually had some humour)

I kinda like Rip but he needs to stop being so goddam angry every week - it's already annoying me

Vandal is a terrible villain so far, he was terrible in The Flash yet in this he is even worse - kill him off and get a better more ruthless (and better acted) villain

As for Jax, he kinda sucks, but i guess he has improved on this than on The Flash, Ronnie was a better Firestorm though
Feb 09, 2016
Why did i forget Palmer? idiot - anyway i LOVED him on Arrow but on LoT he seems to be the butt of the jokes, he seems to cause all of the problems and he's still talking about his dead wife - change the record please -you're sounding like your Chuck counter part (Daniel Shaw) who also happened to have a dead wife
1. Leonard Snart a.k.a. Captain Cold
2. Sara Lance a.k.a. White Canary
3. Mick Rory a.k.a. Heat Wave
......................................................................
Long way down in forth place:
4. Professor Martin Stein a.k.a. Firestorm
.....................................................................
The rest is not worth watching, add nothing to the show and I have no idea why do they get paid for doing what they do.
Feb 09, 2016
I would probably switch Heat Wave with Professor Stein, and I would definitely switch Rip with The Atom. I mean, if Kaitlyn is allowed to put him in fifth place because of his face then I am allowed to put Rip first because of his accent. And his coat. But mostly his accent.

Other than that, the list is spot on for me.
Feb 09, 2016
I first saw Wentworth Miller in The Human Stain and really liked him. But I never saw any of his other movies or regular shows until he became Captain Cold, so I've only seen him in bit "oh yay it's him" parts, but didn't really know what to expect. I did not enjoy CC early on and pretty much still refer to him as Captain Snark. I believe I said something before about expecting him to punctuate his contemptuous little drawls with a long noisy slurp off of a martini glass he magically produces for just such occasions. (Maybe he forced Cisco to knock up a fancy non-spilling one along with the freeze gun.)

As for LoT, I have only seen ep1, though I do mean to get caught up at some point because I do like Lotz, Darvill, Routh, Garber, and yes, I liked Wentworth Miller much better on this show than I ever did on Flash and was really digging the vibe between him and Caity. I agree that the Egyptian crew is a bore, which is a shame since that conflict is the supposed backbone of the show and could have been made more interesting. But more than the writing, it depended on chemistry between the three actors that just isn't there.
Feb 09, 2016
White Canary is lame.....and her fight scenes are like slow mo and sped up I assume when its the stun person....if any. Her character could be more interesting if done by another actor IMO.

And Hawkgirl is lame. Hawkman was ok but both were painful and reminds me of lame Green Arrow and Flash crappy shows. Too dramatic and/is ghey.
1- Captain Cold
2- Professor Martin Stein (Firestorm Part 1)
3- Heat Wave
4- Vandal Savage
5- White Canary
6- The Atom
7- Jax (Firestorm Part 2)
8- Captain Rip Hunter
9- Hawkgirl
10- Hawkman (if they are planning to bring him back)
1. White Canary
2. The Hawks ( yes both of them)
3. Rip Hunter
4. Firestorm ( both parts)
5. Captain Cold
6. Heatwave
7. Cancel Savage ( yes Vandel)
8. Atom He should be having the dirt nap not Carter
Feb 09, 2016
I agree with everything except that Victor Garber is a national treasure...and that is only because he is Canadian. Definitely a Canadian treasure and likely a good contender for international treaure though. :)
Staff
Works for me :)
Feb 09, 2016
I think it would be fair to say that this show sucks..
Feb 09, 2016
I'm afraid I have to agree. I was really looking forward to this series, and probably gave it more chances than I would anything else on TV. After last night, I decided it would have to go. Are there writers for this show, or do the actors show up and just wing it? How can the franchise be so good, and the tv show be soooo bad?
Feb 10, 2016
I think there are simply too many of them!
Bottom 4 do not need a ranking. All 4 are equally pathetic

Feb 09, 2016
They failed to portray Vandal Savage as a ruthless, cold and ugly villain. Here he is more of a joke. I think the introductory episode where Savage was introduced in Arrow-Flash crossover was where things went south for him. Chay Ara is another character I find totally annoying.
Feb 09, 2016
Agree about Vandal, unfortunately they failed to portray Vandal Savage well. In a lot of ways a hero is only as good as their villains. The villains being he counterpoint/the contrast it benefits the hero the greater the villain is. Failing to do justice to the main big bad is quite a misstep as it brings down the entire series a notch. Vandal is still a formidable villain just not up to the level he should be.
Feb 09, 2016
So I need someone to have by back in my various adventures...
Captain Cold great narcissistic criminal
Heatwave - hilarious and deadly
The Atom - reliable and dedicated
Prof Stien - strategic and thorough

But but but - at the end of the day Sarah would show true courage and give "her 100%"! Great character

The rest - I mean really?

Rip is kinda on the balance bc maybe he has some "talent" and he has a great ship
...but the others (including VS) are try-hards... can we have a series without them - I mean even the "criminal mastermind immortal"...
Feb 09, 2016
Rip has a lot of potential in my opinion. There's much depth to explore. He has connections to the Time Lords and he has seen a lot through time and has suffered great loss. He doesn't show all his cards straightaway like some of the others which makes him a bit of a mystery still.
Feb 09, 2016
I dont mind Rip. I dont dislike him. He acts well.

I agree with HWBOD + Rip. The rest are subpar crap actors that can F off back to a show like Green Arrow or Flash.
I would go this way
1. Captain Cold
2. Heat Wave
3. Atom
4. White Canary
5. Hawkgirl
6. Jax (AKA- Firestorm's brawn)
7. Martin Stein (AKA- Firestorm's brains)
8. Rip Hunter
9. Vandal Savage
10. Hawkman

Once I got pass no.2 I really really did not care
Feb 09, 2016
It was an equal tie, they all suck.
Feb 09, 2016
I think the line-up given is about on point, but i would trade places with the Atom and Martin Stein. I also think Jax needs development; no personality. (Ronny was a better Firestorm.) Hawkman was too nice; not so in the comic books. The ancient love affair was made to seem needy and no individuality. Since both lovers have lived years without each other, many times, in their many lives. (Maybe they killed off Carter to bring him back from another time line with a different personality.) There's plenty of room for development and some characters need it soon. I see some in episode 4; so I'll hope for more.

Feb 09, 2016
I definitely agree with the bottom 4.
For me it goes

1. White Canary
2. Captain Cold
3. Rip Hunter
4. Heatwave
5. The Atom
6. Jax (AKA- Firestorm's brawn)
7. Martin Stein (AKA- Firestorm's brains)
8. Hawkgirl
9. Vandal Savage
10. Hawkman

White Canary is as good as this show gets- and her barfight with Captain Cold and Heatwave is one of the main reasons they're so high on this list. Arthur Darvil is one hell of an underrated actor. He's one of the main reasons series 6 of Doctor Who is so enjoyable to rewatch. He didn't get much of a chance to show off in series 5 when he was introduced, but as many times as I've rewatched it, I've noticed that even then he was leagues better than any side companion who came before him. Hell, the first time I saw him come back as a Roman and shoot Amy, I was hoping he would be back for series 6. I can't say that about any of the other side companions in NuWho history (maybe Danny Pink. I go back and forth on that because his acting was great but his character was poorly written. But I digress). Much the same thing as series 5 of DW is happening right now with "LoT". It's the a brand new chapter in an established franchise. It still is trying to figure out what kind of show it wants to be and because of that, a lot of characters are gonna go through some growing pains. With that said, Darvil is bringing that same kind of performance he did in the later episodes of DW series 5. Even if the writers haven't quite pegged him down yet, he seems to have a good idea who his character is and it shows in the acting. The pairing of him and White Canary in last week's episode was superb. They brought out the best in each other's performances and I am very much looking forward to getting to know who Rip Hunter really is and what makes him tick. Captain Cold is just killing everything the writers and directors give him. I really didn't like him that much on The Flash. He was too cartoonish for that show. He's perfect for "LoT". This show absolutely needed him and Heatwave and I am wondering how I ever doubted the decision. Brandon Routh is another underrated talent. I loved his Superman/Clark Kent in Superman Returns. Other than him and Kevin Spacey, the rest of the movie really is kind of a dud. Beautiful ideas but not enough action to elevate them above some kind of subpar arthouse/blockbuster fusion. But his Superman and Spacey's Lex are the definitive versions of those characters to me. I rewatch the damn thing whenever it comes on just to watch those 2. His Atom isn't quite as engaging to me yet, but I also literally just started watching Arrow and haven't seen his work in season 3. Still, he's got lots of charisma and he's making the character really likeable. I just wish they would focus more on his scientist side in this show instead of his psedo-iron man jumping into battle with blasters on. That is not the Atom I grew up reading. When did he have blasters? Why does he have blasters? Dude's supersmart and can shrink. There are so many creative ways he could approach a fight without firing a single shot and I want to see that.
No one is going to agree with me on this next part, but even though I didn't like him much at first, Jax is starting to grow on me. His hero moment with that warhead was a big turning point. Over the past 2 episodes, his character has made good inroads to being a fully formed character, faults and all. He's still learning that he wants to be a hero and what that entails. He's got a long way to go, but he's very much on the same path as Jason Rusch from the comics and I dig it. I think the writers have a good slowburn year one style arc planned out for him. But on the flip side, the writers are ruining Martin Stein. Victor Garber is a terrific actor, so it's definitely not his fault. But this far on "LoT" he's been an abrasive asshole that seems to be there to force drama into situations that don't require any drama. Not everything needs to be drama. And the oldest man in the room should be a mentor to team morale, not act like jackass at every possible turn.
I guess it's mainly because she was so cool as Cisco's girlfriend in "The Flash", but I kinda like Hawkgirl. However, this show has given her literally nothing to do yet and that needs to change soon. It's really hurting the show that her and Vandal Savage haven't had anything to do yet, when they're supposed to be so integral to the story. After last week's episode, Savage is starting to come into his own, but 4 episodes (counting the "Flash/Arrow" crossover he was in) with no charisma to speak of is going to be a hard hole for him to climb out of in order to earn his spot as a legitimate threat to the world.
Finally, Hawkman. The less said about Hawkman, the better. Dude was/is just creepy and weird. And a really bad actor. I really don't know if anything can change my opinion on him.

Feb 09, 2016
-Sara, Cold, and Heat Wave really have made for a great trio. It's certainly fun to watch them explore the time period. I always appreciate Sara's costume changes as well.
-Stein has been very interesting in this show, and he's showing a very different side of his character than what we saw in Flash. I really like Jax as the other half of Firestorm, but I do wish we got a bit more of him.
-I love Brandon Routh and I love the Atom. He hasn't done too much, but he seemed to take the news that he's unimportant to history harder than most of the others. I'm curious to see where they take him.
-Man, I love Hawkgirl, but I hate her paired with Hawkman. I'm not fond of him. I don't buy that she would ever fall for him. I don't buy that she would be that distressed when their son from another life that she didn't know died. I hardly even buy that she was warming up to Carter. I'm excited to see her without him, but I'm worried she'll be hung up on his death, which once again, I won't fully believe.
-Vandal Savage hasn't been bad as a villain, but I'm a bit disappointed. Maybe because his presence was so striking in Young Justice when I first encountered him.
-I quite like Rip Hunter. I think he's being used enough as of now. He's a bit enigmatic, he's gruff, and his past gives a nice emotional purpose for the journey.
Feb 09, 2016
#1- White Canary (Sara was an awesome character on Arrow and, although I don't agree with resurrecting her, which made the entire third season POINTLESS, I like how they're exploring her character and the consequences of her resurrection.)
#2- Captain Cold (My third favorite Flash villain next to Reverse Flash and Weather Wizard 2.0, and now my favorite male character.)
#3. Atom (I just like him. He was one of only 2 things I liked in Arrow's third season... despite the horrific iron-man ripoff suit. So glad in shrinks now.)
#4. Heat Wave (Just as insane, but now he's FUNNY!)
#5. Martin Stein
#6. Hawkgirl
#7. Jax
#8. Vandal Savage (He's Eeeeeevil... and has no real motivation other than revenge, which makes you wonder how the hell he could conquer the world.)

Distant Dead Last- Hawkman. Seriously, we don't know ANYTHING about the guy other than he's a reincarnation of an Egyptian prince in love with Shiyera. Kendra had at least a tiny bit of personality established with her romance with Cisco, but Carter's one defining trait is that he's in love with her. We don't know what he did before he got his memories back, where he's from, what his family was like. And he spent the whole time expecting Kendra to just magically fall back in love with him even though he pretty much was a dick to her for 70% of their screentime together.
Feb 09, 2016
Miller and Purcell's characters quickly grew stale on The Flash so if they're as good as it gets on Legends then I have no regrets about not watching.
Feb 09, 2016
Sara is easily the best, and she was one of the best parts of Arrow S2.
Feb 09, 2016
Hawklady might get a bump after the next episode airs in the U.S. but I ..... errrrrg.....have to agree with Kaitlin. (very painful)
Feb 09, 2016
I agree with most of tv.com's ranking except I would put F.S. prt.2 on 9! His rough accent makes it hard to understand, like Hawkgirl he doesn't really fit well w/ the group! Carter being gone( he may have co. If they don't make the super forgiving/DULL Drama more interesting fast) is a surprise, and a good thing. I just hope he STAYS dead. All in all I like the action/special effects & the show has a lot of potential, so I'm sticking with it.:-/
Feb 09, 2016
Captain Cold at #1 by a long shot. If I could make him higher, I would. He's hilarious, beautiful, snarky, yet every now and then, lets us see his vulnerable side. He's also proving to be far more of a hero than he thought he could be, having seen episode 4 already. Oh, and he's also pretty suave with the ladies.

Next is Canary. She's a badass. I think her and Cold should get together. They'd make a hot couple.

Then Heatwave, because him and Cold are a matches set. Opposites in every way, but it works. I do see conflict coming in their working relationship if Cold continues on this heroic path though. Hmm....

Then it's Stein. Victor Garber is incredible, and still has the chops to hang with these guys young enough to be his kids without appearing frail. He's badass in his own right.

The rest, well, who cares. Palmer is annoying, and I'll put up with him just to continue to see Cold insult him so perfectly every episode. He's definitely not the heartthrob in my book. Pretty, maybe. But so annoying that it doesn't matter.

Jax is coming along. Gonna reserve judgement on him.

And the bird lady? She just sucks in every way. If they were going to kill a bird, it should have been her and not Carter.
Feb 11, 2016
Heatwave's motivation..? " I like to kill people." LOL
Feb 09, 2016
I thought Heatwave would be one of the most bland and unappealing characters (he's never amounted to anything else other than a typical boring angry villain on The Flash), but he's been a real good fit on Legends so far. At least just as interesting as Captain Cold, plus kinda funnier (Wentworth's mannerisms are at times a little too over the top).

Victor Garber is in a class of his own, no doubts there. He would have to take the crown. But I also find Rip Hunter pretty fine as he is.
Sara is certainly doing better than on Arrow, for the most part.

I was never a fan of how Ray Palmer was being written on Arrow, and so far on Legends there are too many issues weighing him down.
Jax can be likeable when he isn't annoyingly whining about something, but generally there just isn't anything about the character that would make him stand out in any way. Neither worse or better than Ronnie was.

Hawk people are not very interesting, alas. And having Vandal Savage tied so closely to them in origins unfortunately hurt that character, too. Which is a shame, given all possible directions and motivations they could've taken from the comic books. That whole Ancient Egypt backstory is such a dud.

Feb 09, 2016
Wow. I'm speechless. I must be watching a different show. I never thought Wentworth Miller was a bad actor until this role.
Feb 09, 2016
White Canary so far has been my number one, which is interesting since I didn't care for her much on Arrow.
Feb 11, 2016
White Canary has lost her angst, which I think makes a better character.
Feb 09, 2016
I would put Stein to #1 and then push everyone down one.
Feb 09, 2016
I know I haven't watched Wentworth in Prison Break. I know he's pretty. I know he gets extra points for coming out as gay. I know the role has history from The Flash. But I don't understand the hype or the top billing. All he does is deliver a few snarky lines in a fake raspy voice. He's not scary at all, just emo. His portrayal of a villain or anti-hero is frankly pitiful. I'd love to see White Canary or Hawkgirl bitch-slap him into polite behavior.
Feb 09, 2016
WTF? Wtf does coming out as gay mean anything? It has no relevance to his acting. No need to bring that into it.

I like him for him....I dont care if he is gay or not. Not relevant.
Feb 09, 2016
Glad it doesn't matter to you. Doesn't really matter to me either. But to a significant portion of the entertainment industry it raises his visibility and market value. It comes up on the top search results. It's a thing.

The fact you don't care doesn't mean everyone doesn't care. So it's a factor. I didn't make it a factor, and I'm not apologizing.
Feb 09, 2016
Agree to disagree. He's incredible, and his character is in for quite an evolution. And the top billing? He's a Golden Globe nominee. That's how Hollywood works. Sometimes I do wish he'd use his natural voice, because it's actually more smooth and almost sociopathic sounding than the nasal Snart voice he does, but I think it suits the character.
Feb 09, 2016
The fanboy in me just loves this show because Rory (er, Rip) is now a Time Master piloting a stolen time ship and he has a companion named -- wait for it -- Rory! And another named Sarah! Gives me the giggles! I'm just hoping they go back to Roman times so he can dress as a gladiator. And to answer the question: Sara's the badass of this show and is so much better here than she was on Arrow. But the whole thing is so derivative and unoriginal that I don't really pay much attention.
Feb 09, 2016
Captain Cold is definitely number 1. I swear I only watch it for him, anything with some Wentworth will keep me coming back. White canary is second place for me. She's a bad ass.
Feb 09, 2016
Question: can we really blame the actor for bad parts or is it the writing
Acting.
Feb 09, 2016
I was also thinking that - or the directing? Maybe he is being told that they want the character that way.
Load More Comments