Dexter Renewed for Two More Seasons

Here’s the thing about subpar seasons of your favorite TV shows: They leave room for improvement. That is, if they’re given the chance to improve. And luckily, with Michael C. Hall’s contract issues now squared away, Showtime has officially announced that Dexter will be back for two more seasons. (Season 6 has been delivering 5.12 million viewers a week, a series high according to Showtime, so the pickup makes sense.) Seasons 7 and 8 will consist of 12 episodes each, with production beginning in L.A. in 2012.

So rejoice, Dexteroonies, as Ned Flanders might say! Let's use this opportunity to let the writers know what we’d like to see more of in upcoming seasons:

1. Who is your favorite Dexter killer of all time? Why?

3. We love Dexter on road trips! Where can the show send him next?

4. Feel free to add anything else on your mind. It can’t hurt.

1. Trinity 'cus it brought out the chivalrous part of Dexter. I liked seeing him try to protect ppl. (Part of that whole "let's turn this murderer into a good guy" kind of thing.) I wouldn't want a repeat of it though. I think next he needs someone smart to play against... maybe someone who treats it like a game and the cops and the ppl being killed are the pieces.

2. I don't think it's necessary for him to be with anyone at all, but if he is I'd rather it be long-term. I hate how he's with someone for a season and then done with her. Even Rita was kinda on and off. I hated his sponsor; Dexter never really struck me as the lustful type, but I don't want to see him with someone who's scared of him either. I think he'd be good with... someone who is confident, not crazy, and can take care of herself.... maybe someone who pushes him to kill further, to go after bigger bad guys and leave the little fish to the cops. Maybe he gets caught up with a bad guy that's more than he can handle.

3. Anywhere. He doesn't seem to travel enough. When he does, it all looks like the same area... warm and gorgeous. Maybe further away next time. Maybe someplace cold. Maybe he should go visit Lumen at her home. Maybe he needs her help. Or maybe he should stay put and have a natural disaster. (Hard to fake though I guess. Was just thinking of something bigger that could interfere with his plans.)

4. I think Dexter would be much smarter if he waited until a case was dead to go after the bad guys. Afterall, that's what his father was teaching him, right? ...to get the ones that law doesn't. He would have a lot less trouble with that... and if he were a better liar. I would love to see someone find out more about him... someone who's not going to just die or disappear. He came close with deb, but that was just kind anticlimactic at the end. I like seeing him get himself into trouble, but less with relationship trouble and more with underestimating the situation. I guess I'd like to see a bit more action and how he would deal with that. Does he think well on his feet?

(Mind you, I've only seen bits and pieces of the latest season and it's been a while since I've watched 'cus of school. I know these thoughts are all over the place. More like brainstorming. These wouldn't all mesh well together.)
It seems my wish came true lol, don't even have to wait one more season for that, it has already happened now and it took my breath away, it was AWESOME.
I want to see the police back on dexter's tail in season 7 and debra to finally suspect him but without knowing the full truth until the season finale, would be so much more drama this way. Maybe even catch him and let him go or cover for him, it would make also an awesome season 8 with her knowing.
I don't think it matters who was the best or favorite serial killer because they are all dead. As far as love interest the only girl who really suited him in my opnion was his sponsor when Rita thought he had a drug problem. I personally didn't care for the road trip. However, I think a great way to wrap up the show will be to have him skip town because his secret is discovered, so he moves to California or somewhere and starts all over again.
I'm so excited!

1. Brian the Ice Truck Killer

2. Wish they could bring Lumen back, or maybe some thing develops with Batista's sister, or what ever happened to the Nanny who played Katherine of Aragon on the Tudors?

3. Definitely NYC!!!

4. Keep up the good work!
1. Brian Moser. He was smart dark and evil he was all darkness and no light he is what dexter's dark passenger is

2. Deb. Not blood related there has always been some sexual tension. She confides in him and based all of her life descisions on him. Once she find out the truth she will have to make the hardest descision of her life. She will turn him in and watch her brother be executed.

3. Chicago (during winter) would be an awesome place we've never seen Dexter in a winter climate. Maybe Some department in Chicago requests his expertise. He flies ther and solves a couple cases while also doing some kills on the side.

4. One of the shows biggest themes is irony. And the irony of the whole show is that Dexter murders murderers after 8 seasons he will realize he can no longer control his dark passenger and just like his father he will end his life. Dexter's final kill will be himself the biggest monster of all
1. Brian Moser. Meticulous.

2. Amanda Seyfried or Alicia Silverstone or Rachel Nichols or Rosamund Pike; her character targets and murders the same victims Dexter has already earmarked....

3. Miami-Dade Police Department or New York Police Department...

4. Always new beginings, new 'competitors', new reasons and new endings...

:-)
1. Ice Truck Killer. He did everything to keep his identity secret and his ritual is the best. Trinity killer comes to a close second.

2. No love interest for Dexter - it would not make sense but i'd like to see Ccile De France (High Tension aka Switchblade Romance) on Dexter

3. Las Vegas

4. Season 7 - Serial killer obsessed with muscle fitness, stalking obese people at Mickey Ds and the Colonel, forcing them to exercise and then killing them off.

Season 8 - Cannibalistic serial killer + Deb finding out about Dexter and giving him a well deserved rest.
1. liked all of them

2. Mary McCormack, Angela Bassett, Emily Deschanel

3. alaska, great place for a creepy serial killer.

4. no love for dexter, just his own charming creepy handsome guy!!
Favorite killer is Brian, he almost convinced Dexter to fully give in, and he captures Deb, intense stuff. Trinity was ok, but he didn't really get close to Dexter with his murdering for most of the season.

Dexter should not have a love interest, it should be a facade, and if he falls in love with her later, it should be slower than he fell in love with Rita.

As long as he is killing people, I do not care where he goes.

This show has made two terrible decisions, keeping Laguerta alive, and killing Doakes. Doakes was hilarious, and much better than Quinn when nipping at Dexter's heels. I think Season 2 should have never happened, whenever the show was about to end, that should have been the final season, Dexter getting investigated.

Deb needs to find out about Dexter, this is getting annoying. I think they are setting up this season for that, but I thought that Season 5 too. She is getting mad about him not opening up to her... so hopefully she does her own investigating on him, and since she is smarter than Quinn, she might find out. That would be an uber clutch season finale that would actually get me excited for the next season of Dexter.
A2. Correction. I think someone that would bring a whole new side of Dexter out. Someone who could even possibly subdue the darkness within him. Not another Rita, though I still love her. In fact, someone opposite of Rita, but still lovable.
Awesome news.

Q1. Who is your favorite Dexter killer of all time? Why?

A1. Trinity is my favorite because of the home life he shared. It showed Dexter a real horror he could face with his son, and any possible partner he might be matched with.

Q2. Who would be your dream love interest for Dexter? Pick an actress and a scenario and tell us about it.

A2. I'm at a miss on this. But I think finding someone with the same Darkness and the same way of using the passenger would finally work.

Q3. We love Dexter on road trips! Where can the show send him next?

A3. Disney investigating a child molester/killer. I think with his son, this would truly hit home to him.

Q4. Feel free to add anything else on your mind. It can't hurt.

A4. I absolutely love this show and all it's characters. Perhaps one or two, maybe a few more, of the bodies he's dumped should begin to turn up in fishing boat nets. Just a little something to create ongoing tension. Of course this time Dexter's learned not to use anything that would link back to where his boat resides or to him at all. The first time was a true eye opener to him. The Bay Harbor Butcher is still out there, but no one gets enough evidence to go anywhere, just bodies and no drug trace. Maybe he changed the chemical to knock them out with.
I think they should have Dexter go up against the serial killer from the movie "Fallen". (The one with Denzel Washington)
I can see that Dexter would be invited for some continuing education at the prestigious Montreal Forensic Institute in Canada. He would show up during Winter months, it would make disposal of bodies a bit more challenging but the St Laurent's river is near by if dumping is the preferred method.

Deb would also be included on the trip because she had some vacation coming and wanted to renewed her acquaintance with a very hot looking Montreal Detective that she met when he was on vacation in Miami.

Baby would be left behing, this is a grown up trip.

I won't disclose the plot because that would not be fair.
Subpar? Nearly every episode of Dexter of every season has been awesome.
Interesting!

1. I liked Brian best as a killer. Getting in Dexters house, knowing everything. Second is the Bay harbor butcher, Dexter working his bloody magic.

2. I would say he doesn't need a love interest, but if he would get one it should be Lumen. Getting in a new girl with a good storyline would be though. This is the only thing that makes sence. He will work together with Lumen. The live a happy serial killer life. Untill!! Dexter will keep a killer alive for Debra to catch. Lumen gets mad because he must be dead: it is the code. Dexter thought her. Lumen flips out, goes out to kill the killer, but Debra is on to her. Lumen pulls a dexter on Debra, trying to get Dexter to choose between the two of them. Lumen tells Debra about Dexters dark passenger, which means Dexter would have a reason for Debra to die. Will he save his sister and risk getting caught or go to prison, or will he choose Debra, slaying off Lumen? Interesting right?

3. I hate the road trips. Just make sure Miami stays interesting, then Dexter doesn't have to be interesting somewhere else.

4. I would like to jump a few years and see what has become of Harrison. Is he a killer or is he living a average teenagers life with his parents (Lumen and Dexter) slaying all the bad guys to keep Harrison in the clear. They say, they are doing it for Harrison. But everythings becomes complicated when Lumen flips. Good last season I think.
I just finished reading the newest Dexter novel (Double Dexter), and the bad guy from that novel was brilliant. Of course they'd have to work him into a different story since Brian, Doakes and Rita are dead, but I'd really love seeing this setting next year.
This is good news! Just hope they can maintain the quality and have some idea on how to give the show a proper ending.

To answer the questions:

1. The Ice Truck Killer (Brian Moser) - the most personal of the killers being his brother and all the backstory. Although Trinity comes in a close second.

2. I actually liked Rita unlike many of the fans but since she is dead, I'd say Lumen. They had similar viewpoints and I bought their connection. Dexter is pretty good on his own as well.

3. As for places they can send him I have no particular preference. Maybe out of the country like Canada or Mexico? Lol.
1. My favorite killer has to be Trinity Killer. Dexter looking through a mirror at his future was an interesting idea.

2. Never a fan of love interest in Dexter

3. Road trip to NYC or Chicago would be interesting.

4. As people mentioned below, it would be interesting idea for a whole season to be dedicated to Miami Metro finding out and absorbing the fact that Dexter is a serial killer.
Wow 8 or more seasons of quality television. Thank you, Dexter.

2. Dexter and Jamie. Is that wrong?
If it's wrong, I don't want to be right. Haha! No, but seriously, it is pretty wrong.
I was actually hoping they would wrap this up in season 7....after the trinity killer i figured it could only go down hill...and it has...(still a good show) but...would like it to wrap up before it drags on
1. Definitely Trinity and the Ice Truck Killer, though I don't think he really categorizes as one, since all he wanted was to get his brother's attention, right?

2. Please no romantic interest - never ended up well in my opinion. I dearly think there should be no romantic relationships on this show whatsoever, the writers were never able to pull that off - Debra's boyfriends, LaGuerta and Batista - all boring to me. I liked the idea of having Rita as a facade, not as a real thing, though. And I thought the whole Lumen and Dexter's sexual relationship was a bit contrived, to be honest. Well, she was supposed to be a "normal" woman who fell prey to that gang, who was raped and tortured repeatedly, but then jumps into bed with a serial killer a few weeks later? That kind of trauma takes years to be overcome. I would've liked it better if it were platonic, which would make her leaving more realistic.

3. I'm Ok with road trips - no particular place in mind.

4. Some people have mentioned here they would like to see a female serial killer who Dexter could fall in love with - well, female serial killers are real rare, also, their motivations are usually different from male's. So, it would be difficult to pull that off too.

5. I would like to see Dexter get caught in the end. How embarrassing would that be to Miami Metro? To his sister? Maybe she would finally understand why her father gave that much attention to Dexter (she seemed to be jealous in the past). It would be interesting to watch the public opinion's reaction too: lots of people actually supporting him! And Dexter the subject of studies...
1. John Lithgow as Trinity. I liked the IceTruckKiller/Brian Moser too, but Trinity killed the wife (applause!). And then "Hello Dexter Morgan" - just brilliant.

2.Madchen Amick as a "silenced-gun-killer": instead of killing her, he falls in love. Debra finds out about her, later about (true)Dexter - killing both of them kissing.

3.California, better Hollywood. The producers of the show are playing themselves. Dexter kills them all.

4. Its great that Dexter is getting these 2 Seasons. With all its faults Dexter is still one of the most original series of all time and it deserves a final end and not a "would-be" cliffhanger.
My fav killer will be seen in season 8! This will be the killer that puts Dexter on the table. It only seems fair that he end the way he began, as a victim. Perhaps even making the killer his love interest. Of course, this will require an additional episode or 2 just for Deb's expletives after finding Dexter's tools!! Where can dDexter go next??? Of course!! A cross-over episode that will delight....JERSEY SHORES!!!!!! Kill'em....KILL'em ALL!!
As long as the quality doesn't decline, I'm all for it!

1. Favorite killer was the Ice Truck Killer, close second is Trinity

2. No love interest.

3. Based on the current climate, Dex may wanna take a swing past Penn State.
Trey and Matt would be proud.
Havent seen any of this season yet but i am going to say that trinity was the best for the reason that if you have ever seen any of JOHN LITHGOS' work prior to dexter you would know that he has never played dark. He has always been funny; for that trinity is my favorite. As for a love interest please NO. As for a vilian i want so bad for Dexter to have to face a female villain. Getting tired of the dudes lol. And Dexters sister she will find out but she isnt going to hunt him down that is her brother she will put it all into context. And a final note anyone who has watched the show from the beginning knows that we are all going to get to the last episode and we will be left hanging. That would make for one amazing MOVIE.
Oh I just thought of something else...I really don't want them to put a ton of emphasis on this by making it the 'big killer of the season', but we need more female serial killers in this show.
Favorite villain would probably be Brian. Trinity was good, but I think that season was great because of the acting and scenarios rather than the villain himself.

My dream love interest was Lumen. She was sweet and innocent, yet she contained a dark passenger within her just like Dexter. The only way to possibly give Dexter a love interest that would make sense and last, is for him to meet back up with her again. It's definitely possible to bring her back, so I hope the writers consider this.

Road trip, huh? Hmmm...Maybe have him go to a big city like Chicago, or NYC. Could be fun witnessing Dex try to capture a killer in the middle of a crowded street.

The one thing I would tell the writers if they were listening, is I wish the show would break from it's season mold a bit and have more continuation with storylines and characters. I love that most lose ends are tied up by the end of the season and that there's only ever 12 episodes, but things like Lumen needing to leave at the end of last season are really starting to feel forced. It's having a bit of a backlash on Dexter I think, because it doesn't feel like he's growing that much as a person when everyone gets deleted from his life after 12 episodes (minus a few cases like Quinn sticking around). One other thing; not only would I really love for Deb to finally settle down with someone, but I want her to find out about Dex. Whether it's season 7 or 8, I'm really hoping they spend an entire season with her knowing the truth and seeing her try to cope with it. In general though, I'm grateful that Dexter isn't ending so quickly, unlike shows like Breaking Bad, which this past season feels like it should be the half way climax, yet we're going into it's final season already.
My favorite villain in the past was Dexter! I loved the "Bay Harbor Butcher" dilemma as it had me on the proverbial edge of my seat every week. that was good stuff. If I have to say non-Dexter it would be Jordan Chase and the rest but only because it was awesome to see those sickos die.

Lumen was great so I don't know how they'd top that.

I think an interesting villain would be one of the cops from the cast, preferably Quinn. I really don't like him. :p

It would also be nice to see Dexter work with the cops more.. like he's also trying to find out who the killer is so he helps more than he usually does. That might be lame but it's different and maybe they could work with it. Showtime: give me a call and we'll talk.
I was reading the other posts and I must say I don't get the whole Trinity thing.. was he really that great? really?? Worst season definitely. You had to watch Dexter floundering with his family and it just wasn't entertaining. I wanted him back in that apartment more than he did. It wasn't bad but it clearly wasn't the best. Poor Lundy.
Why not make Dexter violate his secret rules...and start killing innocents. I mean we all know hes going to lose it at the end. I would save that for the last season tough. frightening!
I'd love to see Dexter involved with a character like Megan Kane, Brianna Brown's serial killer/high-class prostitute character from the episode "Pleasure is My Business" from Criminal Minds. She is the sexiest serial killer I've ever seen on TV. I would also like to see Dexter profiled and hunted (but not caught) by the Criminal Minds team.
1. Trinity, with a special mention to Brian.

2. Lumen. Nuff said.

3. The Great North.

4. Bring back Astor and Cody.
Dear Writers,

Please, please kill off LaGuerta soon, preferably something violent and painful, torture even, she has earned it. And you could probably take Quinn out with her. Miami Metro Homicide needs fresh talent, badly.

Yours truly,

Fan

P.S. Dexter is really growing as a person and deserves to find a nice girl. I suggest an open-minded woman with a strong sense of justice and righteousness, who can see the wisdom in the code and Dexter's adherence to it, perhaps a cop even. I vote for someone classic, mature and gorgeous, like Claire Forlani.
do you think it would work out better than Lila from season 2 or even Miguel from season 3? I know they would be a real couple so maybe that would make a major difference. I think Harry's code makes Dexter unique and finding someone else with that same balance would be pretty difficult. it would be interesting though.
Miguel and Lila both wanted to manipulate and control Dexter. Unfortunately you are correct in pointing out that the vast majority of folks who might be comfortable with Dex the serial killer are more likely to be like Lila rather than Lumen.

I am a fatal romantic optimist, a product of constantly being told nothing is impossible as a kid. Improbable and unbelievable still have not made a profound enough impression on me evidently. Dexter is in his own way a very honorable man, and I think it is not impossible that there is a good woman out there who could love and appreciate him, which I did not believe before Lumen.

Dexter has been working hard on his own personal growth, though not with conscious purpose. I think he is coming to a place in his life where he needs emotional intimacy, and if he cannot find a romantic partner then I hope he finally tells Deb the truth about Harry and himself, and that is the relationship that will anchor him and offer him the acceptance he truly longs for.
Let me throw out real quick that I've never read a Dexter book or even a sentence from one, so everything I bring up is completely my own thinking.

First, I'm still waiting for Dexter to figure out who really killed Rita(I assume the neighbor). I think it's pretty great that they just completely ignored it for going on two seasons now, but it's about time they provide some closure on that. They've drilled into us for six seasons that serial killers are methodical to a fault and we're supposed to believe Trinity changed his MO after thirty years? Plus the neighbor was pretty shifty afterwards.

Maybe a season "bad guy" that isn't revealed until the last episode or the one just before it? I enjoy the acting from the heavy hitters they cast each season as much as anyone, but I'd prefer a scary mysterious killer for once instead of just a dramatic or troubled one.

Also can Dexter just once throw his sister a bone? I know it's completely against his character to pass on a chance to kill, but I think having him choose to give his sister a major collar at the end of the next season might be a great way to show he's improving(even if just slightly). The formula for each season where he has all the facts halfway through and spends the other 6 episodes just trying to capture and kill the bad guy is getting a bit tired. I'd love them to change things up by just having him decide to hand over the killer to his sister halfway through because her job or reputation is in trouble. Then they can immediately throw out another surprise baddie.

Lastly, I'd really like to see Jennifer Carpenter naked. I know she has a scary face most of the time, but it just seems like they are teasing at this point. This is Showtime we're talking about.
I definitely agree with you on having Dexter hand the Doomsday Killer (how I hate this name!) over to the police instead of killing him. It would fit in with this season's theme, help Debra big time and it would definitely be a breath of fresh air to the formula. But something tells me that's not what's gonna happen. It's gonna be "same old, same old" :-(
Totally agree about Dexter backing off or even helping Deb with a major collar - DDK would be best since she needs that bust to secure the LT position. You lost me on seeing the woman naked however.

Equally, Rita was totally a Trinity victim - he bled her out in the bathtub - totally his M.O.
I can't believe there are still people who think Trinity didn't kill Rita. This was never an issue.
The heck? You think it wasn't Trinity? That doesn't make sense. Watch the final conversation between Dexter and Trinity. Trinity absolutely did it and it shows on his face.
I can't remember exactly what it was, but they had said something about she was cut didn't match what he had always done. It just seemed to me in the first episode of the following season that there were a number of indicators fed to us by the writers that Trinity didn't do it. I think I remember his facial expression as being a touch surprised.
1) I really liked Prado b/c of all the emotion and back 'n forth between him and Dex. It seem really upsetting for Dexter to have to kill his best friend.

2) I'd really like to see Alyssa Milano get up with Dexter. I really enjoyed the dynamic of her trying to bring a demon to the good side in Charmed and would like to see a similar thing w/ her and Dexter.

3) I want to see Deb find out about her brother and have a season dedicated to trying to catch him while chasing him through the country. Only to decide that she can't lose her brother.

4) I like seeing Dexter as a mentor. I don't really care who it is, but I want someone to catch Dex and follow in his footsteps.
OH HELL YES, Thank you SHOWTIME, As for my all time have dexter serial killer - How could anyone go past Trinity he was awesome.
I think it would be funny if Dexter was sent to mental institution or hospital after he gets caught talking to himself.
haha I think about that sometimes. It's in his head but you can totally see the other person waiting for his inner conversation to stop.
I'm actually really liking S6 of Dex, at least a lot more than I liked S5, which I though was incredibly mediocre and hackneyed.
So True... What I have found is that the odd seasons (except 1) turned out to be disasters. The even seasons (2,4,6) are turning out to be great. I would be waiting for season 8 now...
to answer the other questions:

2-Zooey Deschanel form the new girl (hot babe)

3- Dexter should go to canada, Montreal and go face to face with a french speaking

serial killer who kills only during winter loll. (dont ask me why)

I would love to watch Zooey Deschanel on Dexter's table. That is what you meant right?
oh god yes...if i cant kill her in real life at least have dexter do it in fantasy for me
LOL. You really are a funny girl... !
I didn't get alot of hugs as a kid, so being funnier than the mean people was the next best thing.
not really lol....but now that you mentioned it ;)
Trinity was the best season. Right now, Its time for Deb to start investigating Dexter. boy I cant wait for her to find out loll. I think Dexter will get his ***ss kicked lol
Trinity! Season 4 was one of the best maybe the best for me and John Lithgow was amazing.

Lumen was the only one who understood the darkness he has but I liked Rita too she was a steady part of his life. Maybe the show should send him on a manhunt after Deb finds out about hiss true identity and is forced to chase him
1. Hmmm after Dexter himself? The Ice Truck Killer. That was a fantastic storyline.

2. I don't know who but I think Dex should have relations with a woman who turns out to be a serial killer. She would be like the female version of the Ice Truck Killer... without being related to Dex.

3. Where should he go next? To Canada. He could be chasing a killer over the border. :D

4. I also feel that these should be the last two seasons. I'm happy we get to see our dear deadly Dexter for another two years, but this last season has been rather stale. Having Deb back on Dex's tail would be exciting!
Would definitely love to see a ruthless woman serial killer, but not as a love interest,. Just a bad ass woman with some kind of gimmick. Religion is being done now, trinity had his own thing, skinner was unique, ice tuck killer has the best unique pattern, I think think woman should bury people alive or something we havent seen on the show.

They should make these the last two seasons and finally let Deb find out about Dexter.
1. Ice Truck, if only because he knew who Dexter was and played around with him for most of the season.

1. I quite liked Lumen, actually, not sure I want Dexter getting another love interest, as its already filled with useless secondary characters, and I don't want another one.

3. I didn't care for any of the roadtrip episodes except for that one where Brian, Deb, Dexter, and Rita took.

4. If Dexter gets more seasons after these new ones, that's too much.
1. Probably Trinity. The character was cool, and I thought John Lithgow was great. It's tough to not say Brian Moser, just because he was a part of the best season of the show, but just as a character, I think I enjoyed Trinity more.

2. Definitely LaGuerta! I'm kidding, of course, because it would just result in her being on screen more. Actually, maybe being his love interest would make her more susceptible to being killed off. Therefore, I'd say make LaGuerta a love interest, if and only if it results in her being killed off sooner. I'd go along with anything if it meant her getting killed. Die, LaGuerta, die. Uh, just to note: I'm not a psychopath.
1. the ice truck killer. season 1 was by far the best.

2. no-one. dexter is better when he's alone... remember when the only reason he was dating rita was because she was too damaged to have a real relationship!! So is dexter.

The show needs to focus on dexter and deb. keep the other characters in the background. i really don't enjoy the story lines about angel/laguerta or anyone else. Also...kill off laguerta.
1. Trinity (as i look back, not at seasons or as single episodes, but as a character)

2. I wouldn't mind Alison Brie as a some kind of a "fangirl" who finds out about Dexter, and approaches him because she thinks his code is honorable. (But in the end she just wants to learn the tricks of the trade because she's C-R-A-Z-Y (hot, but also homicidal).

3. How about him going to Albuquerque, NM because he heard rumours of a crazy meth-cook.

4. We need some good characters who actually stay alive! We are all dissapointed that Brother Sam died, but let us not kid ourselves, we all knew he wouldn't live to see season 7.
1. I tried to come up with an original answer, but John Lithgow was simply so brilliant as Trinity. Brutal and cold. Can't top that.

2. I have many times thought that it would be interesting to see a female character that is somehow Dexter's equal. Someone who understands and shares Dexter's "passion" for blood. Lila in season 2 was obsessed with Dexter and slightly crazy, but not homicidal. And Lumen in season 5 killed with Dexter, but she was in the end a nice girl. Dexter could play a little bit of a cat and mouse game with a mysterious serial killer, only to find out that the killer is a woman not much unlike him. In the beginning Dexter would be pleased having found someone who is as meticulous in her kills as he is. He could talk with her and deal with the reasons for killing and discovering himself in the process. But since Dexter in the end is a lone wolf in what he does, at some point he would grow frustrated with her. Maybe he would realize that she kills only for pure fun, without a code to follow or some dark past to fuel her actions. And Dexter would end up killing her too.

One other reason to have Dexter's love interest be a killer is because women rarely get dramatic roles like that. It would be fun to see a female serial killer. I feel passionate about the topic of giving women more crazy/outlandish roles, so having one on Dexter would be an opportunity for that.

There are so many options for who could play her but lets just say a few names: Selma Blair, Mia Kirshner, Diane Kruger, Zooey Deschanel. Just kidding. She is waay too adorable to be a killer. (Why is it that immediately when I started thinking about someone to play a "bad girl" I only thought about dark haired women? I had a hard time imagining blonds as bad, how racist of me.)

3. If there are no limits to where Dexter can be sent, then one can dream up anything, and that kind of makes it too easy. Dexter kills smoothly wherever he is, so a change of scenery to a pretty landscape somewhere doesn't add much to the episode. On the other hand, if the level of difficulty for the kill is raised, then it would make a trip more exiting. How about a diplomat with diplomatic immunity? He kills someone, there isn't enough evidence to convict him, but Dexter knows he is a killer and needs to take the diplomat out. So he travels after the diplomat to another country, enters the diplomat's residence, and kills the diplomat's room while the body guards are outside the door. Let's just pick Japan, because the contrast between Dexter and the Japanese culture of politeness would be funny. I would like to see Dexter track his prey through the Harajuku district.

4. Nothing to confess on this one.
1. Brian Moser. Dexter's first season is not only its best, but in my opinion, it is also one of the best seasons of television EVER. Therefore, a portion of this brilliance must be extended to the infamous Ice Truck Killer. Don't get me wrong, John Lithgow as Trinity was amazing, but there was no enigmatic mystery to be solved. I vividly remember Dexter arriving at those beautifully bloodless crime scenes, and experiencing the very rare occurrence of a television show making the air around me feel as though there was a recently expired lightning storm in my living room. The shared demons Dexter and Brian, the captivatingly emotional passage of discovery, and the heartbreaking pathos of Dexter having to kill his own brother, makes Brian my favorite killer of all time.

2. I was going to try and come up with someone, but I can't get TrevPlatt's slighlty sociopathic Amber Heard idea out of my mind.

3. Sin City!

4. As others have said, I wonder when Deb will finally find out about Dexter's dark dalliances?
1. The Ice Truck Killer (tho Trinity is definitely 2nd)

2. LUMEN

3. I want him to visit Aster and Cody we need to see them.

4. Dexter needs a true prodigy to carry on his will. A possible crossover with CSI:MIAMI
I totally miss seeing Astor and Cody!!!!
Load More Comments