Dexter's Back! But Should It Be?

The first season of Dexter was not only the show's finest season, but also one of the best seasons of any TV show ever. Everyone knows this. Over the course of twelve episodes we got to know a supremely messed up killer of killers, witnessed his childhood flashbacks, and watched him grapple with his chilling lack of humanity. Dexter's personal growth continued in Season 2, but by Season 3 and especially Season 4, it became clear that Dexter had more or less sorted out his personal problems: He was feeling emotional toward his friends and had made his marriage work, fathered a child, and even cut back on all the murderin'. So that's why Rita's surprise murder at the conclusion of Season 4—while admittedly a watercooler-worthy moment—felt mostly like the producers were simply applying defibrillators to the exhausted husk of one of Showtime's biggest hits. It worked (temporarily at least) to put Dexter back into a dark mind space, but should we continue tuning in to a show that has probably run its natural course already? I hate to say it, but Sunday's Season 6 premiere didn't really make the case yet for Dexter's continued existence.

To its credit, the episode seemed eager to get back to basics. Like many recent shows that have painted themselves into narrative corners, Dexter has done the ol' between-seasons time jump. So really, this episode served to re-introduce us to the characters' respective lives one year later. Deb and Quinn are now shacking up; Quinn no longer suspects Dexter of being a serial killer; LaGuerta and Batista have divorced; LaGuerta has blackmailed her way into a promotion; Dexter's Irish nanny has mysteriously been replaced by Batista's sexy baby sister; little Harry's ready for pre-school; and most importantly, Dexter's back in full-fledged killing mode. Add to that a brand-new Big Bad (a duo actually) and a much-advertised religious theme and Dexter Season 6 does feel like a refreshed show. It's just that, well, it's also kind of exactly the same.

The episode began with some playful misdirection: Dexter, bleeding in an open field, placed a 911 call to summon paramedics. When they arrived to tend to his "stab wounds" he syringed them both and then defibrillated them to death for intentionally killing patients and selling organs on the black market. So we were off to a ludicrous start, but a pretty entertaining nonetheless!

Dexter's primary victim for the rest of the episode would be a murderous jock from Dexter's old high school, and as luck would have it, their twenty-year reunion was just around the corner! The class reunion scenes were pretty fun—Stop. HAMMERTIME.

It turned out Dexter didn't have the greatest time in high school. Imagine that! How much did you love his conversations with former classmates (filmed in a weird, first-person P.O.V.) in which they struggled to remember who he was? But, you know, Dexter's a bit a a head-turner now (am I right, ladies?), so obviously he quickly became the life of the party. As for that murderous jock: Unfortunately Dexter's serial killer spy shenanigans (usually the best part of any episode) ended up being pretty laughable; his plan involved a razor-sharp class ring, the stolen cell phone of a topless hoochie, and a panther costume. Meticulous, uber-cautious Season 1 Dexter Morgan this is not. But again, at least it was entertaining!

Aside from any scene involving Dexter, the other main highlights from this episode were the brief, somewhat cryptic scenes featuring Colin Hanks and Edward James Olmos as a pair of academic, possibly religion-obsessed murderers. In a truly unsettling series of events, they first captured a pregnant water snake and then later murdered a fruit stand operator, which resulted in this:

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!

That's right, a corpse erupting with water snakes. Despite the collective horror of the other responding detectives, Dexter seemed positively giddy to be dealing with a new ritualistic murderer, and frankly, I was too: That image is HORRIFYING. As much as Dexter the show seems to think it's a procedural or a relationship drama or some kind of satire, I think it really shines brightest with its more disturbing, deadly serious horror elements. The brief, stilted conversations between Olmos and Hanks left me incredibly unsettled about their intentions, and even better, completely curious. I thought this plotline was so interesting, in fact, that I resented it whenever I had to sit through yet another scene involving Batista. (Like that super long dinner ordeal with his sister? What was THAT all about?)

As for the smaller plotlines, Dexter attempted to get his son enrolled at an exclusive Catholic pre-school, mostly out of hope that Harry would grow up with a stronger moral code than his own. Also, Dexter's nanny dropped some clues to Batista about Dexter's personal life, which may or may not lead Batista to become the obligatory suspicious co-worker figure this season. And Masuka has hired a pretty blonde intern (Heroes' Brea Grant). Finally, Quinn attempted to propose to Deb, but their restaurant got shot up by some lunatic in a bulletproof vest? I don't know, does that about cover it? Seriously, these characters were as much blatant filler as they've ever been.

So we return then to the question of whether Dexter still has life in it after all these seasons? While I think we've definitely settled into procedural territory in that this show seems reluctant to rock the boat in any meaningful way, the Season 6 premiere did set up some intriguing elements that may become full-fledged awesome. These Big Bads, their motives, and ultimate relationship to Dexter's burgeoning religious exploration all teem with possibility. I just hope that in future episodes these bright spots won't be too diluted by the remaining forty minutes.

Questions:
... Does Dexter still seem fresh to you?
... Isn't Deb the only secondary character we really need?
... How disgusting were those snakes?

The best thing about this season? The way the victims (of DDK) were murdered. Other than that... Urg.
Unfortunately I agree with almost everything about the review, I had been a massive Dexter fan, the guy that goes around telling every one of his friend how it's the best TV show ever, I've even re-watched season 1 atleast 3 times on different occasions and season 4 twice. However, season 5 was a huge let-down, I forced myself to finish it anyway, then came season 6, the premiere of season 6 was simply offensive, as in, it was so awful it was offensive to me, or any fan of the show, the only way it could have been worse is if they filmed the hammer time dance scene with a live audience like a sit-com. There's simply no more distance to this story, when they could have taken daring steps with Lumen, they simply let her disappear, which goes against everything Dexter's been trained to do, so now, we're back to square one, without a plot, without a purpose, season 1 gave me goose bumps that reminds me of the film Seven, season 6 made me cringe harder than I did when I watched Twilight. Really, dad giving thumbs up? Magical never-before-mentioned sister of Batista's? Bad CGI snakes? Dexter dancing? Unnecessary nude blowjob? If you are truly a fan, how can you stomach this crap? Why don't Dexter take Harrison and join Modern Family? He'd fit right in, I simply refused to carry on watching season 6, as far as I'm concerned, Dexter finished at the end of season 4.
i really liked the episode, seems like it's gonna be a good season, and Price, what's ideal for you? 2 seasons? 3 seasons? it's not like Dexter has been going on forever, and with that premise (serial killer) it could go on for a looong time
The image of those snakes has ruined every single one of my meals since I watched the episode.
I seriously don't get all the complaining. Four brilliant seasons and when one mediocre season comes by everybody says it sucks. ''disappointing plotlines, wildly uneven storytelling, and straight-up intolerable supporting characters'' - blasphemy lol. But seriously, just stop watching and writing about it then. Not being snarky, but why review a show you obviously loathe? Like all great cable shows the season has to build a lot of things up for a tense filled last couple of episodes. So I wasn't expecting a thousand miles a minute opener. It is supposed to introduce new and different elements which will play out later in the season.
Q1: No, Dex Season 6 is stale, still OK but no way near as fresh as it once was. I think it would be good to end it this season. 24 million for Mike for a season 7 seems a bit steep even though they would probably up their 20 to a 22 and meet him half way.

Q2: Deb needs to go... come on! Kill her off already! Dramatically so, please.

Q3: Snakes can be yummy or so I am told.

Q4: Because he only has one boat...? ^^

is still a GREAT show, dont know why you americans complain about everything -_-
Some predictions for this season (just for fun):

- Edward James Olmos is all in Colin Hanks' head the same way Dexter's dad is in Dexter's. EJO was also probably someone close to Colin... his dad? That would be too obvious though.

- Batista's sister is chum. LOL. She'll probably die at the hands of the new killer and the writers will use her death as an excuse to unleash "Dark Batista". I mean, so far, he's the only one who has remained "normal". The writers have tainted all the other characters at one point or another, some right from the start (LaGuerta = corrupt/overly ambitious, Deb = LOTS of issues, Quinn = dirty cop, Mazuka = perv, Rita = kissed the douchey neighbor, Harry/Dex's Dad = had affairs, Dexter's mom = junkie, Iris = annoying teen, Cody = seems depressed, Harrison = possible serial killer in the making, Dexter = too sexy for his own good hehe). Batista has been untouched thus far but I think the writers are saying, "It's time."
If EJO is in Colin's head (as Dexter's dad) how can the flashlight he holds

reflects on the snake (when they're in the swamp collecting them) and how come we hear the taping of his hand on Colin's arm near the end?
I completely agree with your assessment that it feels like we're back to square 1. It's like every season, Dexter takes 2 steps forward and 4 steps back. I wish they'd explored the Lumen storyline further. They could have been a killing team or she could have been Dexter's "Rita 2.0". I think that would've taken the show to the next level or at least shown some kind of progress. I guess that's why despite everything that happened in the season opener, it still felt lackluster.

Why is Dexter still disposing of bodies in the exact same way that almost got him caught? I remember it being briefly mentioned way back that he changed his dumping site to where the Gulf Stream will take the plastic bags away and they will never resurface again. Apparently, there's a spot around the waters of Miami where the Gulf Stream leads to the Abyss. I don't know how Dexter knows that and why he didn't just do that in the 1st place.
although i enjoy Dexter and season 5 was good but not the best (season 4 my favourite) i was a little disappointed with the season 6 premiere, plot lines were abit lazy specially Batista scene with his sister not to mention blow job scene which was completely unneeded, but i know there will be more surprises in store as with past seasons (hopefully) but must admit (in my opinion i must add!) i found "those kinds of things" a bore to watch and i would have liked to see more of Almos and Hanks more in the episode, but like everyone else i will continue to watch the show hoping to see much more going on in the next episode!
Disappointing plotlines? Intolerable supporting characters? What show ARE YOU WATCHING? The plotlines and supporting characters are 2 great reasons, among many others, that I love this show! And personally, I didn't think Season 1 was all that great. In fact, after watching it, I didn't feel compelled to continue watching at all. It wasn't until the conclusion of Season 4 and reading how amazing it was that I decided to go out and rent Season 2 and continue onward, and I was hooked. Each season continued to be better than the previous season. The first episode of the current season was great, in my opinion, and I'm sure the rest of Season 6 will not disappoint.
"... Why is Dexter still disposing of bodies in the exact same way that almost got him caught?"

Your an idiot, where they handing out your job out of a tissue dispenser. Did you even watch the earlier seasons. After he got caught the first time he moved to a different area where it has a really high current that drags the body's out into the ocean.

This was explained in season 2.......

Why are you reporting on a show you obviously hate.... You remind me of that other idiot who expects (Terra Nova) to be a fully fleshed out show in only two episodes.
Why is Dexter still disposing of bodies in the exact same way that almost got him caught?-

He isn't. He's dropping the bags somewhere else, where they will drift off to nevereverbeingfound-land. He explained this in season 2.

Dexter is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =]
you are a moron. you may have not even watched the show.
DEXTER is the best tv show. Ever.

I liked it a lot that this season started off with a bunch of killings, because that's what Dexter does best...

And I'm expecting a lot from Hanks and Olmes!
...No. But I don't need it to be fresh, I like the familiarity. Although I'm liking the new bad guys, they could really freshen things up when they get into full swing (excelent casting as well).

...Yes. All the others (except maybe Massuka) really p*ss me off, they're rubbish.

...Not in the slightest. One of the worst bit's of CGI I've seen since... well, I actually watched the Terra Nova pilot so I'll go for then.

...It's part of his MO and it's still a sound plan for body-part disposal. He's changed the location to make it harder for any of the remains to be found. Logical.

This is a great show, but all the old problems will remain. I'm a fan of Deb (and to some extent Massuka), but Angel is ridiculous, as is LaGueta and the grey-haired big-boss guy. Don't like Deb's boyfriend either, mainly because she's a better character when she's less grounded, but also because he seems to lack any consistance with regards to his behaviour. Regardless, I'll be watching all season.
1) He definitely feels a bit gamy, but what the.... I can't stay away from him

2) secondary ??? really ?

3) They were adorable

4) Because maybe it's something his dad tought him to do - I can't remember - and he doesn't want to change it
maybe this is the calm before the storm.... i expect all hell to really break loose this season with some casualties from the main cast...
Not a great start for the season but Dexter ,Deb and Masuka are still there so I'll be watching.
Well, since you mentioned freedom of speech, I'll mention two others for you; personal taste, and my favorite - tolerance. Bad mouthing someone else's adequately worked out argument never looked pretty on anyone, so perhaps you could review it yourself next time you post a comment with some actual arguments. Just saying.
I used to agree with you completely, but after last season with Lumen I really got into Dexter (perhaps because the secondary characters next to Lumen didn't appear as much?), so I'm starting this season with a more fresh outlook on the series ;)

But I have to say that I liked the killings (OMG, that image was *so* horrifying!), but did not care at all for the backstory. And I don't know if I missed this personally, but where did the Irish nanny go?
I loved the premiere, Michael C. Hall is still one of the best leading men on television. Even his comedic reactions don't lose that underlying sociopathy that makes him who he is. But that scene with the corpse stuffed with snake babies... disgusting. I saw that coming and refused to look at the tv, honestly, just the thought of it makes me sick to my stomach. So gross.
It's just a review people! If you don't like it, don't read it! The writer's have a right to their opinion just as much as you have the right to voice it here! Sure, they can be a bit harsh in their criticism, but whatever.
So somebody who doesn't know jack shit about the show hes writing about should be the one to write about it....

It's called journalistic integrity....

If he knows nothing about the show he shouldn't be writing about anything......
Someone even wrote that Dexter should go after terrorists... (???)
Remember the season when Dex had an accident with (he and we thought) a body in the trunk of his car on the first episode? Compare to that, yes, this season starts a bit "doo-bee-doo-wa" with everybody else being kinda "goo-goo", like not any very profound dialog here... That doesn't make the show bad. But it's different and it was intended. The producers have said that this year Dexter would go through a profound insight, a deeper questioning about who he his and who he could be... (Or could he be different?) The Lumen experience, last season, was the trigger (following Rita's death). She controlled her dark passenger. And the Trinity season before that was the beginning of Dexter asking himself "Could I be a husband? Could I be a father? Could I be social? Could I blend in?" This is the 3rd chapter of what began 2 seasons ago (and probably the last). Dexter is evolving, changing, trying to mingle with people, with his father's presence encouraging him to do so. Hammer Time! He wants to know about things that "normal" people care about like religion and faith. This is new to Dexter He even spoke to Debra about "a code" that he follows. (We all know that this is his father's code.) The two first season were more about "That's who I am and I cannot change it. I just need to follow Harry's code and I'll be alright" now, after his encounters with Trinity and Lumen, it is more like " Can I change who I am?" He definitely doesn't want his children to bare the weight of his dark passenger... mostly the younger one who has gone through a similar experience as he did: siting in his dead mother's blood, crying. I think that this season is going to be a heavy psychological drama and maybe less of a thriller. And I believe that there is a tie between the interview at the school, Batista's sister and the new ritualistic killers. I don't think we should view this show like most others: Every season of Dexter is nothing else than *a chapter* of a larger story.
I don't need to post a comment of my own thanks to your brilliant analysis that represents exactly what I think !

Dexter is a show which has always been about introspection. Some don't like the side characters cause they are too light and a bit irratating. I think that that's how Dexter think of them. Plus, they are a way to counter-balance the darkness of the main character that is Dexter.

Each season was about Dexter exploring a bit more of himself, his environment and the interaction between the two. To that matter, I think faith/religion is a very adequate theme for this season.

I just regret that atheism has to be depicted as a childish ignorance.
You also bring an important point which I had not think of. The characters are probably *not* as the writers see them (like in most TV series) but as Dexter sees them. From his damaged mind's point of view they are probably all annoying, irritating and seemingly pointless. Clever!
"At this point it's pretty pointless to complain about Dexter's shortcomings. Now that it's Season 6, we should all know exactly what we're getting ourselves into each new season: disappointing plotlines, wildly uneven storytelling, and straight-up intolerable supporting characters. Yet we still keep coming back for more. Why is this? Two reasons: Michael C. Hall and also the fact that this is a show told from the point of view of a serial killer. So, two EXCELLENT reasons, basically."

Speak for yourself, you self-absorbed waste of a writer. You may think what you think, but that does not give you the right to tell us what we think....I couldn't possibly disagree with you more, but that is for me to say for my own opinion, NOT for you to tell me. That's great that you don't like it. But it'd be nice to hear you say what YOU think, not what I do.
Lol dude calm down. It's just a review, editorial style. If you don't like it, guess what, you dont have to READ it. Just like the author of this piece has the right to WRITE IT.

And frankly, I think the author's right. Still doesn't take away from how awesome Dexter is.
"If you don't like it you don't have to read it"?

How can someone "not like" a review without reading it first? :)
Dexter has always been in my top three favorite shows ever, but it may have slightly been bumped out of that spot by the end of season five. I've enjoyed every season of this show (even three), but when the end of season five hit, and it became clear that the writers would continue to flush out most of the new characters and bring Dexter back to the basics, I was tapping out. I hate procedural shows and Lumen needed to stick around for me to believe that this show wasn't going in that direction, however it certainly does seem lit it is. Specifically I have nothing against this season opener, though I was a bit confused with parts of it, like that I'm only just now finding out that Batista and LaGuerta got a divorce. Seems like that was done at the last second because of the fans getting in an uproar about how their story was lame last season. Oh and by the way, I'm pretty sure it was stated by the end of season two that Dexter moved his dumping spot to a location that would take the bodies out to sea, where they would never be found. Facts help.
Agree. Agree. Agree. I want Lumen back. I thought we were going to get a chance to see them team up, or perhaps she would help alter his infamous code and make him into a man who could live without killing. How long would that have lasted? With Lumen there were so many potential plot devices the writers could have worked with. Why are they recycling Season One when they were headed in a perfectly good direction?
As Skidoo said.... the writers here are crap. I do not see how TV.com staff has not fired the writing staff and hired people who actually know what they hell they are doing. Half of the posts commends are of us members completely disagreeing with what the writer said.. Scratch that.. Majority of us members.

This was a great episode. A really great episode. Definitely for the start of a season which is generally slow and tries to catch people up with what happened during "the break". The last couple seasons of Dexter have been great too.

Freaking fail writers.
... Does Dexter still seem fresh to you?

YES! I'M GLAD THE SHOW'S BACK FOR ANOTHER SEASON!

... Isn't Deb the only secondary character we really need?

PROBABLY BUT WE'RE STUCK WITH THE WHOLE GANG TIL THE END!

... How disgusting were those snakes?

QUOTING INDY: "I HATE SNAKES"!

HE'S DEFINITELY GOING DEEPER TO A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LOCATION. CUT THE GUY A BREAK! LOL
fantastic episode. loved it!
writers on tv.com start to seriously bother me. you guys are a bunch of obnoxious snobs who praise shows first to better criticize then when everyone start loving them. same thing applies to Breaking Bad lately, i've read articles here saying that some episodes were "bad". i mean seriously?... compared to what??? with Dexter, you gotta compare apples and apples. there's no other show of this quality on tv today, except breaking bad, period. you can say a season was not as good as another one, okay, but calling it a "stinker"??? i mean, what have you wrote to judge this. Please post one of your wonderful scripts one day so we can judge what you're capable of! That opening scene of this 6th season not only surprised me but entertained me, what else do I need? Are you ever surprised when watching CSI:Miami? I mean seriously, you guys forget how hard it is to write original scripts and act like spoiled kids. I mean, c'mon, compare Dexter to anything else on TV and you'll see nothing comes close on all levels. Even season 3 was better than any other drama show.
Dexter, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy and NCIS. Nothing else comes close. And I would add that "Hawaii Five-0" is coming pretty good and "Person of Interest" may also be a great show.
totally disagree. season 4 and 5 were awesome. the only one i didn't like was season 3.
Dexter needs to start hunting terrorists. Like an invisible homicidal Jack Bauer.
I think this season will be somehting special and I'm very excited to see were this is going.
YES YES and YES it was great to see Dexter back to his old self.
The snakes were extra disgusting. Deb is too skinny. This has been one of my favorite shows since it premiered, but maybe it is time to bring it to an end. How many times can you watch him kill and narrowly get caught. My question is that how should the show end by him getting caught or killed...
This premeire was great. The only bad season for me was Season 3, that Miguel storyline was a bore. But other than that, Dexter is superb. I like when there's a comedic aspect, Dexter interacting with "normal" people is always funny. And the reason Dexter chose the jock as his next victim is because of the reunion he looked into the death of the only girl that was nice to him.
I love this show, and we all have our own opinions, so if you disagree with me, good for you, you're exercising your right as a human being to have opinions. Really the only secondary character I dislike is LaGuerta but with any luck (fingers crossed) she'll fade away with her promotion. But no, I'm too smart for that, if they were going to let her fade away she would have just disappeared off screen. Oh well. It looks like she might have to reluctantly promote Deb over Batista now because Deb's sure to become a "local hero" after single-handedly bringing down the world's oddest restaurant robber. That being said, LOVE Olmos and Hanks, and they look to be a great and creepy team. Reminds me of "Se7en", but with an awesome Michael C. Hall twist.
Season Premiere was great .. Dexter is the only show that never has a disappointing season .. IMHO ... hope they are many more seasons toc ome ..
Staff
This season opener was bad. I mean really bad. As much as I liked to forget season 5 (Lumen abomination), this season is set up to be a stinker. As much as I've defended Dexter this makes it hard to publicly support it. While I will watch the next episode an hope it rights itself, Dexter's time may have run out.

*Season 6 Episode 1 seriously felt like a pilot episode. filler storylines and filler characters.
wow another staff member badmouthing dexter, what a suprise... not

how could you say it was bad? overall as dexter episodes go it was good, surreal, new bad guys, three more slides in his trophy case and a bit of backstory to the year we`ve skipped, along with some inner police blackmail, bare breasts, dark humour (stop.hammertime) plus a couple of new extras who probably wont survive til the end of episode six and the stage is set for another season of twists, turns, tears and more wtf moments than a jackass movie, how in any sense of the word is that bad? if thats the case i wish more shows were this "bad"
This review is kind of weird. The words say nothing too bad about this episode, but the tone is very negative. Ambivalent somehow.

After two week of Dexter Marathons (watched all season again) i was very exited about the new season. The Poster or whatever it's called is beyond awesome.

In short, i liked it. Goofy, definitely on the funny side with a great setup for new serial killer(s).

I think that one of the shows most appealing qualities is Dexters growth. So when you complain about that he isn't the same ruthless serial killer anymore, i think thats a good thing. Particularly because you guys (tv.com writers) always want character development.

Finally, the supporting cast hasn't changed that much, so if you think they are annoying, which i can understand, they were always annoying.

Yes, No, pretty, i'm sure he's much more careful now.
TV.com pretty much says the show sucks every season. I don't know where they're coming from. I think it is and always has been great and will watch it as long as it airs (which hopefully is a long time). As for the characters, the only one that bugs me a little is Quinn. 5 was the weakest season and it wasn't bad at all. I rank this my 2nd favorite show of all time behind The Wire.
i love Dexter...

Deb is ok... far far too skinny though

the snakes were nasty... reminded me of the old wise tale about a spider laying eggs in a human...

He does it cause it works
Dexter has certainly fallen down my list of favorite shows -- both due to it's own quality and because of the creation of shows after Dexter, like Breaking Bad, Justified, Community, Sons of Anarchy, etc. And despite thinking the show has gotten a bit worse and worse over the last 2-3 seasons, I've still enjoyed the guest stars and the villains that they play, including this season. I didn't like Stiles, and I agree with others who don't like the supporting characters: I really want Batista, Quinn, and LaGuerta to die. But this premiere was quite fun. I liked that it had both more humor and more horror than last season.
HOLY FRANKENF**K, SNAKES!

-Classic Deb & to answer your questions

Yes - No - Quite - He's not

Hope this helps...
I loved season 5! It was such an emotional roller coaster. The end still haunts me and I still feel emotionally raw whenever I think about it. My heart goes out to Dexter who finally had found someone who understood him and saw him as good, only to lose her.

I was really enjoying the first episode of season 6. But I did find the dinner scene with Batista and his sister a bit odd. Like it didn't fit. I'm pretty sure it plays a role later on in some way. Maybe not that exact scene but what they're building. And I diffidently got the feeling Batista will be the one who gets all suspicious of Dexter.

About the "lucky" reunion Price Peterson (the reviewer) is talking about.. I thought it was pretty clear that he got the invitation to the reunion BEFORE he decided to kill the jock. Like he checked up on his former classmates and in particular the only person whom had ever been kind to him (the jock's murdered wife) when he learned about the reunion. If he had been on the jock's trail for years he'd taken care of him already.

All in all I've never seen Dexter as the kind of show that just throws everything at you in the beginning and then feels like a chore to watch. It's always been about the slower build-up with nerve-twisting intensity towards the end.

I look forward to scenes between Michael C. Hall and Edward James Olmos. Two very talented actors who both can give scenes this insane intensity that have you clinging to every word.
Maybe Dexter will find himself on a table, this time... but will escape, that's for sure.
well dexter isn't disposing of the bodies in the exact same way anymore.. as he stated when his victims was found he is now dumping the bodyparts in the gulfstream that will carry the bodyparts far far away
I'm surprised to read this review only because there are complaints about other seasons. Other than season 4 I've enjoyed it all, especially season 5. I thought this episode was too goofy to take seriously. A football as a gag? really?
hey this season looks like its going to kick ass, my god some of you are just retards the only bad dexter season was 5 and it was not even that bad, what the hell can you do after you kill a main character, his wife to be exact. so shut the hell up and enjoy dexter or go watch glee you losers.
Insults again...
He is not disposing them in the same way. He not puts them into an extremely strong current, where they get taken away. The old way was when he dumped them in one spot, where they all collected.
Load More Comments