Dr. Who's Season 7 Promo: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship! (VIDEO)

Click the photo to see the new key art in all its hi-resolution glory.

Thank goodness! It's been 10 months since we last laid eyes on The Doctor and his compatriots, but finally, a spark of hope: The trailer for Doctor Who Series 7 has been released.

Should your memory need a bit of refreshing—just be warned that there are slight spoilers ahead—when we last saw the crew, Amy and Rory had decided to stop traveling with The Doctor out of concern for their safety. And The Doctor, after almost wrecking the concept of a universe with his showy time travel, had decided to "live in the shadows." Whether this means traveling companion-less or just hanging out on Adipose 3 with those cute little creatures made of fat, we have no idea. But as the new trailer makes clear, The Doctor's not done adventuring:

Here we see familiar faces of friends like Amy, Rory, and River Song; we see familiar faces of enemies, like the Weeping Angels (and a Weeping Baby?!) and Daleks; and we see things we don't quite understand yet, like dinosaurs on a spaceship. Dinosaurs on a spaceship! We know Amy and Rory are leaving at some point, to be replaced by Jenna-Louise Coleman (who doesn't make an appearance in this clip), but we have no idea how or why they will leave.

I'm quite intrigued with the moment at 0:40 where the Doctor loses his cool over some unknown deaths that he considers to be his fault. Amy coolly responds, "See? This is what happens when you travel alone for too long." As much as I love the idea of a Doctor and his companion, I also like the bleak idea of a Doctor who has adventures but no one to share them with. I also love the nod to Amy's adventurous streak when she uses The Doctor's bizarro catchphrase, "Geronimo." (Really, we're still trying to make that work?)

All in all, the promo touches on all the silly, touching, imaginative things that I love about Doctor Who. It also makes me wish that I could (yup, wait for it) time travel to this fall, when Series 7 finally premieres. What do you think will happen in the episodes ahead?

Dinosaurs on a Spaceship always tops Snakes on a Plane.

Can't wait. I feel the urge to rewatch the whole 6 seasons. Is this addiction?
Do we HAVE to have the damned Daleks in EVERY DAMNED SEASON???
This has been a a good series since they got rid of that fruitloop director.
I hope they will use original weeping angels again -- I mean cool Blink-type angels ("kill" with a touch, move incredibly fast if you blink), not Byzantium-type freaks (they break necks, and Amy could walk around with closed eyes).
when is doctor who airing does anyone know

As I read it's 25 Aug or 1 Sept.
I'm confused, didn't the Doctor - David Tennant - destroy all the Daleks in that special where his half doctor finally ends up with Rose in the alternate universe. That was season 4 I think, where Catherine Tate was his companion! I don't get it, they make such a big deal about destroying them, that even might I add that all Dalek's were destroyed cuz of this DNA thing and the Doctor berated his half self for genociding a whole race. And here the Daleks are again! Where's the logic! And where's the point of this build up of epic stuff happening - where you're supposedly destroying these big time baddies - only to bring them back. Man I miss David Tennant! You know he married his daughter right from Season 4. Which also turns out to be the real life daughter of one of the previous Doctor's from the 70s or 80s. So basically he married his own daughter like twice over! lolz. Another known fact, Billie Piper always referred to him as David Ten-inch. Seriously whenever I say his name, that's what comes out! lolz
Just to be clear what I'm about to say is spoilers unless you've already seen season 5.

Yes 10 did "destroy all the Daleks" in that episode, but don't forget The Master also died and they brought him back. That's the beauty of syfy. In season (series) 5 11 and Amy meet them again with Winston Churchill. I can't quite remember how they explained it but it's the usual they fell through a crack in time. They rebuilt their race but the new Daleks didn't recognize the original Daleks so they wouldn't activate or something like that. Then 11 had to choose between saving the earth or destroying the Daleks (the Daleks had some sort of deadman's switch) so he let them go. We haven't seen them since except the little bit they were in The Pandorica Opens and Big Bang (II)
I'm sure you're right, its so hard to keep track of all the villains they keep bringing back with quite simple and yet hard to believe explainations - as they happen way too many times! But yeah that's wat sci-fic is abt. I love it. Just hope they can start catering to a more grown up audience now and bring the line back in of something along the lines of what David Tennant's Doctor had with Rose. I like Matt Smith and they need to grow his character!
They are environment conscious. They recycle the costums with style.
.. Is TV.com finally going to recap this show? You really should.

I read a ton of spoilers for about the first six episodes, and now I'm avoiding them like the plague, because I want some things to be left alone. As a result, I'm not even watching the trailer.
*looks at "Coming this Autumn"*

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Its pretty obvious whats going to happen...

The Doctor, Amy, and Rory are re-united again on a Dalek spaceship when they are kidnapped/transported by some unknown technology the Daleks have created. This technology is like a star trek 'beam' transporter except it can also travel through time and grab living people from a specific location at a specific point in time. While trying to locate the Doctor, Amy, and Rory the Daleks accidentally grabed some dinosaurs from Earths past.

The Daleks then send the dr, amy, and rory to a future they've created by manipulating the past i.e. leaving advanced technology in the 17-1800's. This effects humanity and in the future people are still dressed like cowboys, even cyborgs look like cowboys.

The ultimate plan of the Daleks is to turn earth into a prison society with human slaves (much like modern society today) to do their bidding . Doctor, Amy, and Rory are sent into this prison planet that's impossible to escape from. All seems to be going well for the Daleks until the Doctor has a lightbulb above the head moment just after he was deeply depressed he had failed and everything was his fault,

Doctor who then pulls out his sonic and starts zapping things to make it look like he's doing something. Due to the power amy's belief in the Doctor this triggers the laws of attraction and the universe manifests something that starts their plan - making the doctor look like a genius. Even though in reality he's no genius, he's just hackin his way through life with amy manifesting stuff for him.

They escape and the doctor unplugs the Dalek floor magnet and every Dalek gets sucked out of the spaceship and down to the prison planet. The Doctor then uses the ship to drop the dinosaurs off in the right era.

The doctor uses Amy's bra to build an arial to contact River song in the future so she can take her parents home, plus to get a look at the nip size and bounce ridgidity without Rory knowing because he's around the corner with his finger stuck in an old Dalek tube coming out of the floor and sucking all the air into space.

When river song arrives shes being mind controlled by an unknown alien race who have stuffed her pockets full of nanobots. As soon as she arrives on the Dalek ship the nanos fly into everyones eyes without them knowing because there so small. Only the doctor knows what happened. The nanobots activate and make everyone controlled by the aliens.

This mystery alien race are a dying species who are trying to find a genetic cure to their survival which means they need to make other species breed with their nanos present. Suddenly river song and amy get undressed and pull the doctor in for a weird mother, daughter, doctor 3some. Even though the doctor can she whats happening he keeps perfectly quite because he's now thinking with his sonic screwdriver. The aliens are monitoring whats happening and with the pressing of a few buttons they force river song to become pregnant with the doctors kids. All rory can hear is the Puffing and panting going on in the next room which might explain why his finger is now free from the pipe but another region of his manly body has attached itself to his pleasent disappointment.

The aliens pull a lever everyone gets dressed again. With the press of a button, the uncomfortable silence is removed and the doctors 3rd leg detracks and srinks into a little finger on his right thigh. Guilty that Rory missed out, amy try's to arrange another session but suddenly River Song vanishes into thin air. Amy is gutted that she has to make do with rory's bed time stories again now as the doctor also say's goodbuy. He claps his hands any amy and rory are suddenly in the middle of a bed time story. The doctor activates his Tardis tracker and starts walking towards it while looking at the live stream of Amy and Rory on his jackets secret button hole camera that he lent to amy to keep warm just before he sent he home. Inside the tardist the doctor turns on the monitor and starts to view the live stream on River song from the camera he slipped into her hair while bending her over in the moment of pleasure. However, river has been transported to the future and the dr and see a version of himself offering to pay for an abotion. She refuses so the doctor starts kicking the wall. River then is seen speaking to a nurse and the nurse said have you thought of any names for the twins yet, she replied AMY and RORY meaning River Song is the parent of her own parents and Rory and Amy's parents are the doctor and their own child. This paradox causes the universe to fold in half and the doctors head and left arm appear on the inside of amys right thigh, instantly turning her into a regular masturbator with the ability to stick out the doctors tongue with a tickle of his chin. The doctor lights the site he's been gifted with in this new universe.

Amy kept the docters head and arm a secret from rory which meant zero girlfriendy entertainment for him for the foreseeable future and this damaged their relationship because he couldn't understand why she kept locking herself in the bathroon for hours at a time with loads of moaning sounds going in.

River song gave birth to amy and rory but sadly amy was deformed with a one armed headless person sticking out of he outside thigh.

The end.

Oh and by the way, Rory got pregnant with a dinosaur that prduced a baby Doctor who.
I'm ready to see a new Doctor after this season. It's time for a whole new refresh if we lose Amy and Rory.
Dr. Who the only show where "Dinosaurs on a Spaceship" sound great and not totaly crazy
Isn't that Jenna-Louise Coleman at the 0:38? I can't wait!
Nope.
I don't like it that Moffat has said this series will be mostly stand-alone stories. This is when we get a Dalek episode, a dinosaur on a spaceship, the Wild West and the Weeping Angels. Yes, each episode will be easily identitfiable and have its own feel, but I'm not sure how this can be considered good story wise.
Ok I'm gonna go ahead and think that there is some sort of misunderstanding of what you wrote cuz something doesn't make sense. It sounds more like Moffat is saying that the show will go back to the way it was in RTD's time, in which the episodes are gonna be stand alone with the serialization being more subtle and all coming together at the end. But I have a feeling Moffat might do with perhaps 2 or 3 arc episodes in the season leading up to the finale. Whichever way it goes it means that this season will not have The Doctor doing something like agonizing over if Amy is pregnant, for example. But how can you say that having it stand alone episodes is not considered good storytelling when that is the way the show used to be? I'm far too young to have seen any of the original series, but correct me if I'm wrong isn't that how the majority of the classic series was as well? Granted personally I really liked the serialized arcs of the past two seasons and wish Moffat was keeping the show that way.

Did you not watch series 6?
I don't watch promos (spoilers!) but I am DYING here waiting for season 7. I miss you so much Matt Smith and Steven Moffat! I will miss Karen so much but I trust Moffat to replace her properly.
Karen is perfect, why would she be replaced? She is the best companion ever.
did anyone notice that one dalek in the photo that wasn't like the rest? it had some heavy artillery.
I've read that the episode includes Daleks from every era.
Yep, that's correct. I believe the one in the photo was a Dalek that appeared in one of the Slyvester McCoy episodes... Rememberance of the Daleks if I'm right.
I'm so excited I started tearing up while watching the trailer...SOO STOKED.
Geronimo!
Can't waaaaaaaaiiiitt!
He's still trying to make bow ties work, so the catchphrase surprises me not. That said, I think they're only using it to appeal to the American audiences, which Moffat (the current showrunner) has been trying to do way too much of the past few seasons. That key art is a big sign of it, give me a break with that cornball stuff.

Anyway, the panel at Comic-Con was pretty good (except for the mute woman at the far right who just seemed to be there to grouse) but they didn't show all that much of the new season ("series" is confusing for us over here).
Ohh I'm in Australia and we use the two interchangably - I always wondered what the right one was. That seems to happen a lot here, where the US and UK each use different words so we just adopt both. Like cookie vs. biscuit or tin vs. can.
Here in the UK, I'm constantly having to correct people with US shows by telling them they're not watching the new 'series' of a show.
AHHHHH! DOCTOR WHO!! My pants got tighter while watching the trailer.

SO EXCITED!!

I just started watching Doctor Who last year and had just finished series 1-5 when 6 came out. This is the longest wait ever. AHHHH!!!
I just hope they do not kill either one of the ponds at the end. Just let them go off and have a life. Moffat said that it would be a sad departure but this can take so many forms. For instance, if the ponds discovered that the Doctor knows how River is going to die and does nothing to stop it, that may be a reason for them to leave.
I'm new to Doctor Who - just started watching it in May. I only have a couple episodes left till I'm all caught up and ready for season 7. So excited!
Super stoked for the new season! One of my favourite things to do is watch the background, as its mostly shot in my city (Cardiff). Except when they're on a spaceship of course...

Can't say I've seen any dinosaurs running around, but will keep you posted.
I would like to time travel and phase shift to David Tenant. Him plus Pond - now THAT would be the peak of this Batman & Robin situation! (And, of course, I'd bring the old 'Allons-y!' back, because Geronimo just accents the differences between the Smith period vs the Tenant period). Still, looks entertaining, might bring me back for an episode or two and we'll see...
Feels like we've been waiting forever!!
I think Pond is the one who kills all the Daleks. The grin he has on his face isn't the cocky, semi-insane smile of the Oncoming Storm that we've seen so far. To me it looks like a sad smile that doesn't quite reach his eyes.
I think its River. She did it before
Yaaaay.........its been ages.......so excited for the new adventures to begin!!!!!
guess i better dvr this and avoid any spolier till i watch it
Geronimo is still a thing! It's 11's Allons-y. I'm really excited for the new season. What do I think will happen? The Doctor wins!
And 9's fantastic!

Though Eleven should really mention it more. I'm excited!

Looks fun but I'm so sick of the Pond's. The sooner they leave the better it will be. Last seasons finale had no emotional impact because everyone knew the Doctor wasn't saying goodbye to them for forever.
I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Literally screamed this as I typed it.) I'm hardly going to sleep till fall.
Geronimo.... cause YOLO is so 2011.