Elisabeth Hasselbeck not happy with The View

There is some sort of election coming up, and apparently some people are obsessed with talking about it--and in some cases, screaming about it.

Television personality (I guess that's what they call it nowadays) and The View cohost Elisabeth Hasselbeck is one of those people, and she goes up against a panel of equally vocal ladies with completely opposite views five times a week.

So it's no surprise that she's ticked off.

Online reports claim that tension on the set of The View is once again percolating, and in a related story, the sky is still blue. The View is a breeding ground for spats--that's one of the obvious draws of the program--but with the political climate sweltering, day-to-day drama is routine as conservative Hasselbeck defends her stance against her more liberal cohosts Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar.

Now Hasselbeck is rumored to be looking elsewhere for employment, according to The National Enquirer, which isn't exactly known for always hitting the nail on the head.

But in this case, it makes sense. A tattle told the Enquirer, "[She] feels she can't win at The View, but she's been told by friends at Fox News that they'd find a spot for her without hesitation."

Fox has long been assumed of holding a conservative stance, and the 31-year-old Hasselbeck would make the perfect mouthpiece as an anchor for the network's news.

The feud between Hasselbeck and the rest of The View hosts is polarizing, with viewers staunchly sticking up for the people they identify with. Would Hasselbeck's departure be good for The View?

Here is a HYSTERICAL song about Elizabeth Hasselbeck. It was written by these gay twins Los Angeles. It really is something else. myspace.com/elephantwave
I am sorry , but I tried to like this idiot, Elisabeth is an Idiot and a racist, I truly believe this , she is a stubborn unaware fool! I feel so sorry for her children, because this is how the legacy of ignorance is continued, from mothers like her, I would never want to work, be around or be friends with a person like this......
As the old cowboy said: "Don't get mad at somebody who knows more 'n you do, it ain't their fault.
Elisabeth is the least intelligent member. She is the Palin of TV hosts. She believes everything she reads & doesn't do her homework with research before she spews stupid remarks. She isn't equal to the other hosts and brings them down. I hope she goes because I for one become very aggitated and sometimes change the channel because she doesn't GET IT. The lights are not on.
Elisabeth needs to go - she's like a rabid chihuahua - very intolerant, racist, close-minded and doesn't bring anything valuable to any conversations. I finally got my husband to enjoy the show and he agrees that she needs to be gone. I think it's sad that she embodies what a lot of McCain supporters were like during the campaign - and I'm sure she won more votes for Obama with her tirades and childish fits than she did for McCain. With the unreasonable and close-minded attacks, wild accusations thrown around by idiots like Elizabeth and the FOX network, John McCain didn't stand a chance.
President-Elect Obama is about to undertake one of the most demanding jobs in the world, he will have a hard enough time with the challenges facing him without the added stress of an un-supporting nation. Senator McCain made one of finest concession speeches I have heard and I think we all need to follow his advice and stand behind our new President. Had Senator McCain won, I would have said it was a time for healing; the same is true with President-Elect Obama, now is a time for healing, a time to find ways to come together and now is a time to show our support. Our elections are not a contest of sport. I know with the verbal volleying that goes on with an election that it is hard not to get caught up the win-lose philosophy; the us against them, and all the gloating and/or loathing, that goes with it. But we are all Americans first and we must not forget that. Our Politicians understand this and that is why they can have a heated debate one moment and be allies the next. No matter what our differences may have been, President-Elect Obama has won this election and he now deserves our support and respect the office holds…he has earned it. It is time to realize that America was in a win-win situation with this election; both Senator McCain and President-Elect Obama are outstanding individuals; but only one could win and it is now time for all Republicans to see the positive sides of our new President and support him. It is time to set division aside and encourage unity. It is time to remember that this great Country is a Union.
Awww now c'mon "the viewer"; please keep it seemly.God loves us all equally (even if we can't do the same) and we are in his hands. Today America wakes up to a new President. One that represents hope and change. This isn't just a moment in history, it's the cover of a whole new book! I for one NEVER thought I would see a man like Obama leading this Nation.

Interesting to note though; when Sen McCain gave his 'defeat' speech, the republican crowd boooed at the mention of Obama. Yet when Obama gave his 'victory' speech and mentioned McCain the crowd cheered and then listened respectfully to the New President pay homage to all the years of service McCain has given their United States.Republicans boo and Democrats cheer the opposition. Yet again a reflection displayed in Elizabeth's behaviour on the show these past months. Democracy has spoken and Elizabeth and her ilk will have to respect it. Our shows in NZ are about a week behind, so I'll just have to put up with another week of Elizabeth's heckling. Say something NOW Elizabeth about the first lady's hair and make-up session. No, best not. Just you stick to the 80's leg-warmers and shopping trolley give-aways and let the grown-ups discuss the election outcome. Oh and give Rosie a call . . . she's baked you some humble pie!
Well Elisabeth WEAR your tshirt now it should have said Insain Mcain.. Really wondering if you are going to be on the show today.. If not no loss..She is not old enough to no better. and the tantrams are enough.. You are sucking the life out of the people that love you till they lOVE you no more... grow up.. REMEMBER THE WORLD CELEBRATES OBAMA... THE WORLD...
I am from Australia... And nearly everyone I know who does watch the view can't stand Elizabeth, everyone is entitled to their political view , but she goes overboard.....She is a nasty person if you don't choose to agree with her If Obama did not win we had all decided not to watch the View as we could not be bothered with her wholly attitude that she thinks she is better than anyone else.....
Too young To nieve and to racist.. sure she might not be sexist but her true colors come out.. Her tshirt the other day says childish look at me and whoopi wanting to educate her she doesnt hear and she certainly will crawl under the table when her Insain McCain loses. she will eat crow so she should just have shut her mouth and laugh like the rest of them everyone has their opinions and are entitled to them. She should be pushed to the back of the bus. Jesus christ himself would be ashamed and walked by her to help and love the little children the weak and feable and blind.. She is weak feable and blind when it comes to REAL change.. she should satisfy her husband cause its time for sastitics and divorce is eminant.. I am Canadian and love the view and the view is so unhappy with her you can see it in their eyes as they role them up in their heads everday as she shows her real self... weak... imature.. and selfserving...
Elisabeth Please Vote ~ Obama and Biden Ticket~~~~

The Great Depression. ~~~

Great Depression was causes by Republican Majorities in the 1920s that lead up to the 1929 Stock Market crash! The 1930s were the years of the Great Depression and it took a Socialist, FDR to get America back on track. It took him almost 10 years to do it. ~~~~~~~

McCain becomes President, and 99% of Americans will suffer under a Great Depression that will go on for many years. ~~~~~~~

Obama becomes President, and 99% of Americans will suffer hard times for two or three years before he can get things turned around. It will take Obama two terms to get this mess straightened out. He will have to spend his first days as President reversing all the Bush/McCain programs and policies in all areas, and then he can spend years cleaning up the mess and years more making repairs. ~~~~~~~

It always takes a Democrat that leans to the left to get America to the center! Eight years of a right wing low IQ Religious fanatic caused this mess. ~~~~~~

This is not the time for some senile old man with a right wing nutcase VP to step in with 20th century solutions to 21st century problems. This is the time for a high IQ 21st century thinking person to take charge, and that would be Obama. ~~~~~~

Obama will be much like FDR! He will save America if elected. ~~~
Wearing the 'Americain' T-shirt was the last straw!

No other panelist has been so blantant; or desperate.

Go get a job reading a news-prompter on Fox. That should use all your talents Elizabeth.

Simply because your co-hosts aren't joining you on the campaign trail with Palin (got no ethics but didn't break the law?!) doesn't mean you can be The View's authority on concepts of honour(Obama has none)when you use your 'celebrity' (A word used for people of limited talent) to speak on behalf of a woman who has a dubious grasp on ethics. Elizabeth you yap-yap-yap-yap-yap-yap over the other panelists.Watch yourself on re-runs sometime soon!.Drowning out legitimate topics for discussion simply because they don't fit your obvious agenda. Which is to label Obama a terrorist ?! Remember this Elizabeth, Nelson Mandela was once labelled a terrorist by your Govt who supported (along with the UK) his incarceration. Hasn't that man come a long way in the last decade or so?

She is the most one-eyed freaky stepford wife and frankly IF that's what the republicans represent then THE WHOLE WORLD is READY for a change. She flips out over the word 'fantasize' because Joy said it; but defends her right to bandy about words like 'terrorist' or 'anti-american' - what's that all about?! Makes disparaging remarks to Joy about her hanging around with too many 'unhappy couples'? Because somebody has a different perspective than you Elizabeth, doesn't make them anti-american, no matter what O'Rielly told you.Remember how he treated a child who lost a parent on sept/11, because that child had views O'Rielly disagreed with. . . disgraceful. Yes Elizabeth, I think you'll fit right in at Fox.I'll even give you your first 'hot-topic' : There is no mandate from 'the free world' for the USA to speak on it's behalf.If there's no mandate then the only alternative must be dictatorship. Global bullies? And as for the USA being a 'force to be reckoned with'? Well since the bombing of Horishima, nobody is in any doubt as to how much force the USA is prepared to use to meet it's own needs for revenge.
As I was looking for a way to get a message to Elisabeth I came upon this site. I hope Ms Elisabeth reads this: Stay proud and as elegant as you've been thus far, and know that you have many who honor your resilience and conduct on this ridiculous "show". I don't get to watch daytime TV, but there was so much chit chat about the show, I decided to tape it. The first show I watched had Joy Bahar tell Whoopie that she take a tax deduction for her makeup. Seemed like tacky maneuver for someone who earns millions and just bought another 3 plus million dollar condo. Anyway, I called my accountant and he suggested I call the IRS. Sorry Joy, you may get audited. The first episode I watched didn't seem so controversial so I tuned in again. As I watched the next show, I heard Sheri say that her uncle and others in her family were going to vote for Senator Obama "just because he was Black". I shrugged and wrinkled my brow and thought: race is a powerful incentive. Then I watched as Whoopie spoke, as an expert in everything, and Joy had little else to say except espouse her expertise on Bush hatred. So I gave myself a break until I heard that Senator Obama was going to be a guest. As a Democrat, though not knowing much about him, I again tuned in,a minute or two after he had already been introduced, to hear Barbara Walters say "you're very sexy"...needless to say, I was unimpressed for a mature woman, now a "has been" journalist, to have nothing more articulate to say and watch her fawn over the incumbent presidential candidate. The disrespectful conduct of 4 of the women was beyond disgrace. And the elegant way in which the youngest of them conducted herself is commendable. Blackbeauti wrote that Elisabeth's attire on Oct. 22 was "tasteless and immature" - no doubt another sign of jealousy, as I believe the other women are, of the talent and guts, and intelligence of the most beautiful, in all respects, of them all.

Obviously, due to their lacking in the ability to discuss political issues, they resort to characterizations of Governor Palin, a woman who achieved, and who has more character, than the 4 of them combined. Now before you get all bent out of shape and start calling me names, know this. I am a 65 year old PhD in political science, a registered Democrat, and write this as one who has no personal agenda, except to extend a few words of support to Ms Hasselbeck from a total stranger as she sits through the barrage and improprieties of the Infamous Four. As I'm sure Ms Hasselbeck won't be responding on this site, I won't be checking back, so don't bother writing me. But I would appreciate knowing Joy Behar's address. I want some more information on how to reduce my income taxes.
I am all for freedom of speech but I believe that when you are a part of the media you have a responsibility to be responsible. In my opinion I think that Elizabeth's choice of attire for the View's show on Tuesday ,October 21,2008 was tasteless and immature. We all know that she supports McCain and that is her choice but wearing that T-shirt was not a smart move.
I agree with Webbideb and I am encouraged to see more of people that appreciate a good debate expressing their side on the comments listed here. I would be even more encouraged if the powers to be at ABC would take note and equal the playing field. Elisabeth is passionate but unlike Joy, I do not see her taking the cheap shots, spreading hatred and trying to drown out the other opinions; yet I do see Elisabeth fighting to get her point across against unfair odds (pointing to the article above). I sincerely think that Joy has other problems that she is bringing to the show, problems that have her angry. Joy just does not seem to be a happy person and even her physical actions in shuffling and restacking her notes, raising her shoulders as if she is trying to increase her physical presence as well as her facial expressions; all appear to me that she is just angry. I am not sure she is capable of having a give and take discussion, at least not on this election; she certainly is incapable of giving Senator McCain or Governor Palin any credit and like many other liberals, all her support for women in politics, for working mothers, went out the door when the big R was put in front of a name. Woopi is just as passionate towards Senator Obama as Elisabeth is towards Senator McCain, but she tries to mask her bias support by paraphrasing her statements with her standard; I just want to know; I wish she would just leave that part out. Barbara and Sherry are equally in Senator Obamas camp. But Barbara, Whoopi and Sherry have the ability to have a give and take discussion, something the View needs. Elisabeth needs support; this is what this entire discussion is about, (again, pointing to the article above) I would be supportive of replacing Joy with another conservative. Surely having three liberals discussing the topics with two conservative would be acceptable for all and I feel the discussions would be news worthy. I see Elisabeth as the token conservative, now where have we’ve seen token representatives before? ABC take note, your bias attitude is as transparent as Whoopis paraphrasing.
I have always listened to The View while I work - the thing that disturbes me is that I thought the whole point of the hot topics section of the show was to show DIFFERENT opinions but all I see is Joy continually putting down Palin as a woman and mother - Sherry is putting down anything that isn't supportive of Obama, Whoopi just trys to go with the crowd - I don't even know what her real opinion is ---Barbara just plays devil advocate - again does not give her real opinion and yes Elisabeth is totally republican and she is very passionate about her beliefs. Does that make her the most annoying on the show? I really don't think so, she is the only one who has be consistant in her views since the election process started 2 years ago. I would like see all of them settle down and openly talk about the issues of the election not who has the most dirt in their backyard!
I am so sick of Elisabeth Hasslebeck that when she starts in I flip to Eleen or even The Price is Right. Why the forces in power let her go on is beyond me!
It is not four Elisabeths gaining up on one Whoopi! It is not four Elisabeths talking over one Joy. For all the ones that can not stand Elisabeth; for all the ones that need to leave the show if she stays, what is it? Is it that you can not stand an opinion opposite of your own? Is it that you are just afraid of any statement that contradicts your philosophy? I and I would assume that many other conservatives that watch the show rarely agree with Whoopi or Joy, but do you see us demanding their removal? We may say, hey, get it fair, at least make it three to two, (not four to one) but do you see us trying to make it five conservatives to no liberals? For all of you out there that insist on hearing ‘only’ your own opinion, who have closed your ears to any other opinion or view, and then puff your chest out there and pride yourself on your own intelligence; I have to ask you to take a moment and reevaluate your narcissistic attitude.
I can't stand Elizabeth!!!!!! I feel stupid just watching her! My IQ really does go down when I hear her whiney voice. Good Bye!
Elizabeth, you are a class act...Get off that Bias show and launch your own TV talk show....
Who can blame her... She is the only good thing about the show... I am to the point I hate the show!!
I admire Elizabeth so much for standing up to the other four women on the show. On the show today, they pretty much got their word in, but all talked over her. I would like for everyone to go to youtube and look up "Obama & Live Birth Abortion/Induced Labor Abortion/Infanticide Pro-Life Anti-Abortion Video" Then maybe you would think twice before supporting Obama. This practice is barbaric and inhumane. I cannot believe this goes on in our country. And I cannot believe that anyone could vote in a way that would allow it to continue. I want Elizabeth to know she has an ally in me and that Obama scares me for many reasons.
If the posts here represent the Democratic Party, it is no wonder why Elisabeth Hasselbeck wants to leave the show. It is obvious that four against one is not enough, let us have the one Republican removed. Then you can have five Liberal Democrats on the stage, then you can talk about the children of Governor Palin, you can talk about the Republican Party being in bed with Neo-Nazis and you can spread whatever hatred you want about Senator McCain without any interruptions or corrections. Happiness is just one person away!
She should go. I can't watch the show as much, due to classes in the mornings a couple days a week. But it seems like when I do have a chance to watch, she is starting some sort of arguement with someone, even if they agree with her she has to fight them over their wording or their stance over their other political stances on the subjects. I'd enjoy the show much better if it was the other 4 ladies and not E.H.
YES! My group wants her to GO!
I want to let you know that Elisabeth has not lived the life we (older folks) have had to live. She is too naive and perhaps to young to comment on politics in objective way because she has not experienced American history as we have. She has not experience the days in America when protest of the Vietnam war was okay and when flags were burned. Does that make us terrorist? If so I know a lot of people she should not associate with. She is a typical McCain supporter who cannot speak about his plan nor much else for America because they have NONE. America is weak and will be doomed if the Republicans are elected. Now let me see what dirt I can get on Elisabeth.

I agree with Barbara that palin's tiny infant should have been with a nanny. Did I miss the pregnant daughter during the debate?

There is a lot of dirt out there.
Palin's husband is a member of a radical group in Alaska that is trying to get independence from America. The troopergate trial is still pending regarding her abuse of power isn't it. Their is also talk that her daughter is pregnant by a black man who said so on youtube. And what about all of McCain's wife Cindy. You know her father was associated with the Mafia which was tied to his beer empire and Cindy to had legal and drug problems. I live near McCain's first wife Carol with whom he dumped because she was ill. Go to
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1024927/The-wife-John-McCain-callously-left-behind.html Shall I go on.

She and Palin need to go to factcheck.org to get their facts straight before they speak. Youtube also has a lot of information for her to learn . Also send her to John McCain's bio (in search engine)
http://therealmccain.com/ My group wishes she leaves the show because not only now, but we have always thought she was too inexperienced to really speak intelligently about many topics. Like her counter part Palin which is why she cannot she that palin is McCain's token female decor. Both of them need to go.
FifthE1ement, I wouldnt share my chronic wiht a republican, i know repubs like to claim they are for smaller government but your actions prove otherwise. The current admin has overseen the largest increase in modern government, there is nothing conservative about them. Why would anyone want to be part of a party that is home to the klan, neo nazi's and all other hate groups? The modern repubs have consistantly opposed civil rights and thats enough for me to say NO THANKS. I mean seriously voting against Martin Luther King day. The repubs current strategy is "wink wink we are white!". Are you proud of that?
Frankly Hasselbeck is just to irritating, like a pitbull with a bone. No one else is allowed to have an opinion and if you don't agree with her your not worthy. Too bad she didn't stay in the Australian Outback.
I’m not sure who is going to win in November, but whoever it is, I will get behind them. The HATRED that has been displayed by Democrats, (looking at Joy and you too Whoopi) for President Bush is absolutely appalling. I for one don’t want to go through four or eight more years of this.
cscbrooks man what are you smoking as you need to pass it around a bit more. First what great depression? I'm only 26 but I've seen my fair share of hard times, however from the stories my grandmother (great depression baby) has told me we’re living high on the hog. When you can no longer afford your large flat screen LCD TV’s, expensive car leases, mocha choco lattes, and assortment of handheld electronic accessories let me know. Because where I’m sitting we’re still in the black. The great depression saw people with no money, homes, or food to eat. Currently the government subsidizes enough people to fill the state of California plus! Sorry my post is so long but I was forced to post in multiple entries to make paragraph breaks as this comment system doesn’t support paragraph breaks or spaces.
When you’re living in a tenement with one family to a room, shared bathrooms, falling asleep on a cot (or floor) praying to god that tomorrow it doesn’t rain because you don’t have sealed shoes to go in. Then when you do go to school and come home you’re lucky to get a piece of bread and cup of tea for dinner, also keeping in the back of your mind that some relatives are coming which means even less for your family to eat. Then do your school work by candlelight and go to bed hungry again like usual. And what about the male boys who need to go to work to help keep their family afloat? We are nowhere near a great depression! Many “Welfare Americans” get their rent, cable, electric, phone, and even internet paid for by the government! Don’t forget about a free babysitter and food to boot. I believe many are entitled to help if they truly need it but today things are ridiculous! I see many in my neighborhood food store buying items that I can only buy every once in a while since I don’t have the money and I refuse to ask for a government handout!
If you want to find the culprit responsible for the state of America, you need only look in the mirror. How long have you been reaping the benefits of large government? The attitude of many Americans today is that our government is the end all to be all for all of their needs. Bling-bling comes before cha-ching in America, since many low income Americans would rather purchase 20 inch “dubs”, $200 sneakers, and gold teeth rather than try and better their situation. Also if many Americans didn’t have ten credit cards owing in upwards of $15k per person, which they couldn’t afford to begin with. If we dealt with convicts and illegals appropriately we could free up more than 10% of our yearly budget. I’m not saying that President isn’t to blame or doesn’t have his shortcomings.
And enough with the, if a dog craps on the White House lawn, “It’s Bush’s’ fault” mentality! Bush is not the cause of our problems, we are. And please name the lies and unnecessary wars? You should instead be thanking Bush for seven years of an attack free America! Democrats love to blame bush for the economy, gas prices, wars, and hell now their even blaming him for natural disasters (God’s work, Katrina). The people of New Orleans are to blame for the issues that occurred there. They elected the officials who were supposed to take care of their interests during disasters such as the levies, evacuations, etc. During Katrina many blamed Bush for not acting, however it was not his place to enter a state which hasn’t officially asked for help. The government should not circumvent the laws of a state unless national defense or stability is at risk. The elected officials of New Orleans failed to act which only delayed matters, not to mention they never called President Bush for many days after the original disaster. I’m also not saying that Bush is blameless, as he could have handled some situations differently and made a few different decisions; however it is not right to constantly blame the man for every problem facing Americans today.
Obama isn’t a bad man and perhaps he wouldn’t make a bad president, however I don’t think he currently has enough experience for the hardest job in the world. Perhaps in years to come, when he is more knowledgeable on foreign policy, economics, and the rapidly changing world governments he could try again and more people would take him seriously as a candidate. Also how does a poor black man from Chicago become the Democratic Presidential Nominee when he only previously became a senator in 2004?! How my friend: favors! Have you ever thought to ask yourself how he raised more money than McCain and Hillary considering he’s only been in National level politics for less than four years? Obama, if elected, will spend his first term fulfilling many favors to all of the people who have helped moved him through the democratic process at lightspeed. I don’t know any company, let alone a country, who would elect or a person with little to no experience to be their head. Do you? Also anyone who thinks they are qualified to be president of the United States simply because they are running for president, and therefore managing their own campaign, is either extremely arrogant or perhaps ignorant.
I don’t know what will happen this November; however I do know it really won’t make much of a difference. The president doesn’t make policy and either candidate who is elected won’t be able to fix our problems for many years to come. We’re in this for the long haul so start buying American and get off your butts!
Too often, Liberals grant Conservatives the right to their opinion but then, once they’ve stated them, condescendingly classify them as uninformed, dumb, or unwilling to change. Folks, half of our Nation believes in a smaller government, a pro-business atmosphere, and a strong feeling that you are responsible for yourself; the other half prefers a larger more socialistic type government and has a strong feeling that the government should be responsible for your care. This is why we have two parties and the reason we are so evenly split. The View is lopsided!. Elisabeth is constantly being put into the ‘solo’ position of saying, ‘wait a minute, that’s not right’, or ‘hold on, that isn’t fair’ and she is completely correct in stating what she does. This is the result of having four Liberals on the Show to one Conservative. Elisabeth shouldn’t be along nor should she have to put up with the disrespectful and unprofessional attitudes of her co-hosts, nor should any conservative guest.

The managers of The View should wake up; their group of women does not represent America. America is evenly split, shouldn’t The View represent that? Is it fair or even enjoyable to watch when the ratio is so lopsided?
Saying that "Fox has long been assumed of holding a conservative stance" is a prime example of an outrageous understatement.
Anyway in a sense it would be a pity if she left The View as talk shows should give more than one perspective on issues even if I personally think her stand is 99% of the time unbelievably unbelievable:)
Elizabeth has one "View" only and is unwilling to change. She is not open to new ideas...only her own and that's pretty scary. After all, the world is contstantly changing around us. If you're unwilling to have an open mind and totally unwilling to change, then how can you grow as a person?
I wouldn't blame Elizabeth if she left, I would quit watching the show if she did!
Elisabeth is a complete and total moron which makes her fit right in on The View but she is that extra special kind of crazy that inserts an agenda into everything. She's stuck on 1950's mentality of ignorance and faith. This world will be so much better once people remove their heads from their nether regions and actually take a look around them.
I have been registered as a Democrat for 50 years. This is one election that if I continue to watch The View with their lopsided comments, I will be tempted to vote for Republican. Poor Elizabeth is young and alone with a bunch of overbearing older women. pat
I'm conservative on economics and liberal on social issues. I think Elizabeth doesn't know how to argue properly. When they let her speak she usually just repeats things over and over so they wind up having to interrupt her or she'll never stop. But then they get in the habit of interrupting her even before she has a chance to say anything. I feel a bit sorry for her when she's put in the position of being Bush's cheerleader when he has the lowest approval rating of any president in history. The thing that gets in the way of people understanding the difference between liberal and conservative views is that it often isn't an argument about what should be done but about what level of gov't is the appropriate one for the issue, or if it's more appropriate to be done by the private sector instead of gov't. A typical liberal seems to think that everything should be done by the Federal gov't. A typical conservative will want things done by the private sector (including charities). I'm a fan of Milton Friedman. I've never heard an argument against his viewpoint that made any sense.

Some people argue that there should be more regulation of companies. But if you want that you should also want more regulation of citizens. If everyone wore electronic ankle bracelets there would be less crime because we'd know where everyone was all the time. Cars should record the speed at all times and the data should be sent weekly and people would be issued speeding tickets if the exceeded the speed limit. If regulation is good, then it's good all around.
Hey Zombieman, what got us into this mess is not liberalism, its called DEREGULATION, its started with Reagan and ends now with Bush and the collapse of our economy. Its responsible the disappreance of the middle class and the explotiation of the poor by the "conservatives". 8 years of conservative rule has gotton us, nothing but war, lies and another great depression. Try to come to grips with being responsible for all this and wrong because we cant stand to repeat these mistakes in the future.
LoudHarley, your living in a dream land, in the mold of all current republicans, if you never admit your wrong then you must be right. Your beliefs and party are destroying this country and this world.
I wish they would fire her, I dont watch the show but I cant stand hearing her in news constantly spewing the lies and hate of the right wing. The sad part is she thinks she is justified in her hate because of her religious faith. Her and all people like her who think its ok to hate because of the bible make me sick.
I tried to watch this show, but it bores me.
It really annoys me when liberals cry about fox news being bias.Yea i agree that there big on republicans but every other cable news channel and network are very liberal,especailly msnbc.Hasselback is only on that show because they want to look like there being fair to both republicans and democrats.Why not put someone like ann colter on the show.Sure a lot of people hate her but at least she can keep up with the rest of the b.s. that goes on on that show.It would make it more interesting also to have someone like her on there because there would be a fist fight everyday.
Survivor Fan Vs Favorites 2!!! Come on Elizabeth! You know you want too!?
Wow! It is comments, like the ones posted here that scare me. The fact that there are people out there who actually think Hasselbeck is 'smart' is mind boggling. I'm sure to you people Palin is a Rhodes scholar. She's the only one who does research, huh? I'm sure Barbara Walters never does something like that, that's why she has been in the news business so long. Hasselbeck (aka I received my fame from being on Survivior) does 'research' into how she can make her insane views on politics seem reasonable, and most of the other people on that show, with some common sense call her out on her garbage. At least on Fox News she can be surrounded by other rich, white people who have nothing in common with actual American society and only want to help themselves out (see current Bush backed $700 BILLION bailout, aka Rich Welfare; how is that financially conservative?) UGH!
they need to just back off she is the smart one of the bunch
Load More Comments