Elite user sneak peek!

redesign_secrets.jpg

-Our new community hub is built to emphasize all the cool stuff you've been up to this whole time. We'll be highlighting our favorite user blogs, the most popular forum topics, the best user reviews, and more.

community

-We've overhauled the forums! You'll be pleased to find that it's now much easier to navigate through read and unread messages, hone in on what you're looking for, and see which threads are on fire with passionate debate.

forum

-Profile pages are now completely awesome. Your profile looks way cooler than it did before, and the new feed feature makes it easy to keep tabs on your TV.com friends. Even more updates are forthcoming.

profile

profile2

Regarding the About Me information, are we going to have the ability to turn off the birthdate and location as in Gamespot? It needs to be default completely hidden.
The new profile looks good! I hope the bugs were fixed and we don't get new ones. Can we have more details about the changes???
danbambridge said: "Will we be getting a choice of colours like gamespot?" That would be pretty cool.
From what I can see of the pictures it looks good. I have to agree that we need to have a beta testing of some sorts before this goes live. If not PLEASE don't put this live on a Friday and have no staff on call until Monday. ;) But, I'm ready for the change.
Scott-
Oh, and the friend feed: does that mean the bug with the friends not showing up on blogs is fixed?
I hope we got the My Favorites section organized this time. I'm tired of just seeing the first 5 alphabetical ones. Something like the Gamespot Currently Playing would be pretty sweet to lock in the 5-10 shows I'm actively watching.
The one thing that strikes me is sheer size of the about me picture, it really seems to take over the page. I know when I accidentally saw the live beta page, my current about me was so blown up is was pixellated beyond recognition. I suppose a new one wouldn't be too much trouble but it'd be a shame for everyone to have to replace theirs because of it.

Will we be getting a choice of colours like gamespot? A 'blue' option would be nice.

I'm not so keen on the blogs not being fully available on the main page, it just means an extra unneeded click to view a blog which seems a step back.

The customisable profile sounds good, it just depends to what extent we'll be able to change it about that will make the difference.

The last thing that I noticed was the absence of the 'report abuse' button in the profile page. I'm guessing it's there somewhere but it's definitely not in the same place as it is on gamespot where it seems to be in the most logical position.
Did you all make the pictures this small on purpose?? ;)

If it has been said once it has been said a thousand times, the pictures need to be bigger. Can't really make out much but a lot of white.

Does that say total submissions? That is pretty awesome if it stays updated.

I am liking all the goodies on the forum side of it. I know users have been asking for this a while, will be a good addition.

New profiles look good, users will like to customize idea.

I ditto Newbie's (more_ncis_now) concerns about the forums. With unread threads being in bold and going straight to unread posts.

Overall, nothing real major upon visual inspection. I mean I thought you guys were only joking about white after Labor Day...but remind me to keep my Clorox Pen handy to keep this place white. ;)

Bigger pictures and a Beta run would be fab...oh and failing to turn the site upside down...that would just be a major perk. ;)

*gulp* Tv.com 2.0 *gulp* :?
I like it! Not too drastic, still has that TV.com flavor to it. Which is a good thing ;). It looks fresher, not so cold. I for one am happy about the forum change, it was really difficult to look for anything and if I started a new question thread, I usually was called on it that there is an existing thread (somewhere over the rainbow!) :lol:
with the update over at Gamespot, I only assumed that this site was next. Can't wait to see more.
Indeed everything looks just white, without background... I liked the blue background we have now.
The pics are really too small, we should be able to enlarge them to get a better look. But otherwise I welcome the changes.

As it looks on the general announcement, it looks like we get that secondary airdate field. That would be nifty.
Thanks for the invite. This is the first I've heard of another redesign. Let's hope the bugs are worked out of this one before it goes live. It may be a good idea to do a private Beta launch first, inviting power users to test out the new design in order to find bugs and issues that need fixing.

Also, the screen shots on this page need to be clickable so they open up to full screen. I can't see them at all to even tell what's on them.

Good luck with this launch!
The new profile looks great! I'm looking forward to it. Can we see larger versions of the screen shots? It's really hard to tell you what I think when I can't tell what it is. :)
The use of the full screen is an overdue move, I suppose, but as I am normally working with multiple documents (TV.com, Notepad, and resources) on one screen I'm going to have to continue with a part-view.

I'm not a luddite, though, and have no problem with the site reinventing tself, so long as the changes don't adversely impact on my TV.com experience. I've not been able to pick up on anything more than cosmetic changes from the screenshots. Can we look forward to enhancemements to the episode guides and/or submissions process for "power users".
Much different, but looks good. I've never had too many complaints here, so keep up the good work.
Last comment (I'm not editing again because the comments box goes funky every time I do)...Is the "19 new" on the forums page still clickable? It will be a huge shame if we can no longer jump to the first unread post using that link, hope it's still there!
The screenshots are too small to really see much - I can only give basic feedback before I get a chance to play with the new design. :)

Are there dividing lines between all of the sections of the profile? Looks like there may be faint lines, but it looks very white and hard to see where one section ends and another section begins. I like that the tabs no longer cover the profile banners, but I think it will take some getting used to. :)

Not keen on the gamespot style flames and dots on the forums, but as long as the threads that are unread still show as bold, I'll be happy.

Everything is just so....white.

One more question: How will the Newbies and the reviews be chosen for those new sections? Staff picks, user votes or...other?