Everwood comes to an end

When UPN and WB became CW, some heads rolled.

One of those heads was the series Everwood. While shows like One Tree Hill and Veronica Mars made the cut, fellow bubble dweller Everwood was let go.

The series finale, which airs Monday, June 5, at 8 p.m., promises a bat-mitzvah and the romantic resolution of the Bright and Hannah storyline.

Fans have expressed dismay over the network's decision to cancel Everwood but keep One Tree Hill, a show which suffered equally lackluster ratings.

Mediaweek's Marc Berman writes, "While I understand the CW choosing [Veronica Mars], I personally think the network missed the boat by picking the marginally rated One Tree Hill over Everwood."

On TV.com's Everwood forums, the fans have started a "Save Everwood" thread in which a plan has been hatched to send pinecones to CW exec Dawn Ostroff. A similar trick was used for the renewed Veronica Mars--fans hired a biplane to fly a banner over an LA freeway at rush hour.

We want Everwood BACK!!!!!!!! Come on this is rediculous! It is a show everyone loved and we (the viewers) want it back!!!! Please we are having Everwood withdrawals!!!!!! GIVE IT BACK!!!!!
I watched everewood every night! and when i couldnt watch it i would tape it! it is a great show! way better than one tree hill!!! i really am hopin they make a 5th season!!!! please! cause i want 2 no what happends next! the season 4 finale left us hanging!!! i didnt start watchin it till it came on ABC family! then i got addicted 2 it!!!!! i didnt miss one episode from the 3rd season 2 the send of the 4th! please dont cancell the show!
We just found EVERWOOD and have watched all the reruns on the ABC family channel and have totally fallen in love with this show...Just to find out the last show aired Monday was the end:( My husband and I watched it every night. Things in our household always stop just to watch this show. Everwood was a fantastic show! It kept you always wanting more every night and it was for all ages the young and young at heart. It had truly wonderful story lines about everyday life!! ABC Family...PLEASE bring EVERWOOD back...4 Seasons is just not enough!!!!! PLEASE BRING EVERWOOD BACK!!!PLEASE BRING EVERWOOD BACK!!!PLEASE BRING EVERWOOD BACK!!!PLEASE BRING EVERWOOD BACK!!!PLEASE BRING EVERWOOD BACK!!!PLEASE BRING EVERWOOD BACK!!!PLEASE BRING EVERWOOD BACK!!!PLEASE BRING EVERWOOD BACK!!!PLEASE BRING EVERWOOD BACK!!!PLEASE BRING EVERWOOD BACK!!!PLEASE BRING EVERWOOD BACK!!!PLEASE BRING EVERWOOD BACK!!!PLEASE BRING EVERWOOD BACK!!!PLEASE BRING EVERWOOD BACK!!!PLEASE BRING EVERWOOD BACK!!!PLEASE BRING EVERWOOD BACK!!!PLEASE BRING EVERWOOD BACK!!!PLEASE BRING EVERWOOD BACK!!!PLEASE BRING EVERWOOD BACK!!!PLEASE BRING EVERWOOD BACK!!!PLEASE BRING EVERWOOD BACK!!! 4 SEASONS IS JUST NOT ENOUGH :)
You really have to be joking. Who is making these judgment calls and how old are they? Not only was it poor judgment to discontinue Everwood, it was more than reckless and not the good thinking of an adult with a clear, mature adult who has made a decision based on what the people would like to see. It is not so common these days to enjoy a program like Everwood -- enjoyed both by the kids and the adults. And to let Everwood go and keep some of the shows that aren't supported like Everwood?! It's just not reasonable. Who the heck makes these decisions at CW? CW needs an administrative shake up. This woman, Dawn Ostroff seriously needs a lesser job is she can't get Everwood back. Horrible, horrible decision there, Dawn. And so, how in the heck are you? Redeeming yourself is a good plan for you, Dawn. And you can do it. Make people happy. Get rid of the nonsense and bring back a good and honest family show showing real feelings and life. That's what people choose to see instead of yet one more silly college soap. You can e-mail me personally. Maybe a vote by the people who actually watch the shows would be a smart move. Not just making a decision in a fly-by-night way (or so it seems to be). Oh, yes, I'm 55, a Mom of 4 and grandmother of 4 little ones.
Everwood is a fantastic show. I thought the way every age level was addressed with real life type situations would give the show a long life on tv. The only downside of the show was the time it came on (6 pm) which may have hurt the number of viewers. It should be on at 7 or 8 pm when families are done with dinner and ready to relax for the evening (not at the local news time). There is so much crap on tv these days and when a good show like Everwood is cut I have to ask what type of society is the tv industry supporting?

BRING EVERWOOD BACK! PLEASE! Thanks, Marcia Zdan, Portage, MI
I just found out that the show was canceled. I too have caught all the reruns but have totally fallen in love with the show. My husband and I watch in every night. Things in our household totally come to a stop just to watch this show. I think that it really bits that they canceled it. I think that this is a show that is loved by all ages. Teenage romance, Adult romances, real life problems people face everyday. This show is for those who are young at heart and who are hopeless romantics. The teenage love is everyone's fantasy in one time or another though out their lives. I have been routing for Bright and Hannah, also Andy and Nina, and not to see where that ends up that truly bits. I think maybe that they should at least end it like they did Dawson's Creek, a blast into the future to see who ends up with who and a glimpse into their lives. But that is just my opinion. Thanks for listening to me rant and rave.
I didnt start watching Everwood until it hit abcfam, a crime in itself. I managed to see episodes 85-96 and to my dismay, found it was cancelled. My wife and i are in our early 40's and our son is 15. Everwood was one of the few shows, even as reruns, that we all sat together and watched. Please, for the familiy moments, bring it back.
Everwood is the very first television show that I have actually committed to watching EVERY NIGHT and could not wait to see EVERY NIGHT iin a long time. I am 43 years old and me and my 16 year old daughter watch it together faithfully EVERY NIGHT! There are ALOT of things on tv that are not AT ALL suitable for people much less young impressionable teens to watch~but Everwood is an exceptional show! It does not use nudity, sex and foul language to hold peoples attention, just a fabulous story line and one I positively love @ 43 years old and my daughter also loves @ 15 years old and you do not find that kind of diversity on tv very often anymore! This is an awesome show with VERY good and clear "life lessons" on it and is very down to earth but in an exciting and gripping and suspenceful way!!!! Kudos to all those who took part in the writing of this series and all those wonderful actors and actresses! Amy and Ephram ~ Nobody makes better sould mates than BEST friends! Same goes for Nina and that gorgeous Dr. Brown :)Grab him girl or send me his address LOL And Brite, Hannah is the best thing that could have happened to you! Marry her goofy!!! WE LOVE ALL YOU WHO HAVE HAD PART IN BRINGING US EVERWOOD!!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING BACK EVERWOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE WILL REMAIN LOYAL FANS! Every review I see on here rates this show as "SUPERB" and me and my daughter agree 101+% PLEASE bring it back for our enjoyment! Thanks!
So disappointed about Everwood being cut. Very, very good show. Good "platform" for modeling relationships and giving people hope.
What is there to say? CW really showed poor judgement to say the least when they made the HUGE mistake of cutting Everwood.

This just goes to show that while it may be lonely at the top, it is easy to lose touch with the public interest.

CW, your opportunity is here to get with the "PROGRAM" and get Everwood back where it belongs, in the homes of all age groups young and old where good wholesome prime-time entertainment belongs.
Boycotting the CW unless Everwood gets picked up again. Just putting it out there.
come on for the love of god bring back everwood.iam sorry but tree hill is gay.I tried to watch it once and i couldnt get into it at all.neither could any of my friends..but me and all of my friends in all diff states and here loved everwood and r verry upset.even thinking about canceling our tv providers as we actually lived for that show and think this is a outrage that its been taking off.this was so awesome and close to home storys and can have so many more for years to come.please get it back on.you will loose alot of tv payers if you people keep taking away the verry few good shows left like this.I LOVE YOU ALL OVER EVERWOOD CAST.YOU R ALL AMAZING ACTORS AND ACTRESSES.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE BRING BACK EVERWOOD!!!!!!!!!!GREAT SHOW!! STILL MISS MURDER SHE WROTE AND SEINFELD.

AND THE GILMORE GIRLS, GREAT SHOW. SO MUCH CAN BE DONE WITH THAT STORY LINE FOR YEARS TO COME. I EVEN DO THEM IN MY HEAD.

PLEASE PLEASE BRING BACK EVERWOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love everwood I still cant believe they cannceled it so now i watch the reruns on abc family. but i love one tree hill too so i am glad they kept that show but i miss everwood!!
Everwood was one of my favorite shows. One Tree Hill is just another stupid soap opera for teenagers. Everwood was for all ages. Way better than 7th Heaven. The acting on 7th Heaven is terrible. Everwood was believable and understandable. I am extremely upset it is no longer on. PLEASE BRING EVERWOOD BACK!!!
What kind of fool would cancel this show - every week my granddaughter's and i looked forward to this show. BRING BACK EVERWOOD. One tree what????? If Seventh Heaven could be saved what's wrong with Everwood. Please bring it back.....
I can't believe that Everwood will not be back. It was such a wholesome show. I enjoyed looking forward to its weekly show. BRING IT BACK!!!!!!. I was so looking forward to the show.
Just news to me that Everwood is cancelled when I'm spending a lot of time trying to find out when it is coming back on this season. 100% BRING IT BACK!!!! I watched every show from day one and it was my favorite show on T.V. I was the same with One Tree Hill but I would not have been this upset if they would have cancelled it instead. This crap they are putting on in its place is horrible. TVland won't be the same without Everwood and it should have gone on longer than 7th Heaven did. Once more BRING IT BACK!!!!
hey this episode was so grate but i did not want to see this show end! *tear*
As for Everwood bein cancelled, I cant I'm that upset. In the first season, I watched religiously but somehow the second season didnt really peek my interests. So I would have been upset if OTH was cancelled cuz I'm more of a OTH fan. But yeah, Everwood will be missed.
I think everwood was a great show, it brought my family together and we all enjoyed watching it. It had a clever and witty script and i'm sad to see it go.
Well folks being an OTH fan i must say that with such a fan following i though Everwood should stay..I'm also thrilled that OTH is being continued.. The common concensus which comes out is the removal of 7th heaven which seems to be the possible solution out for The CW
I thought the writing for Everwood was very clever and humorous. It was realistic and refreshing. My favorite show, by far. I hope they reconsider.

Buy season 1 DVD!! Show your support!!
ok if peosons are complaining about everwood, all I can say is that you must not have understood the complex dramas and exceptional acting as well as the BRIGHTISMS, AMYISMS, EPHRAMISMS, It was a great show. They should KEEP IT ON!!!!!!!!!!
Also the only reason people didn't take action trying to save Everwood is because the ratings were so good that none of us even dreamed it would be cancelled. One Tree Hill used to be in my top two favorite shows along with Everwood but now OTH has become so dramatic and although I am happy it is back for another season, but I would gladly get rid of OTH to get Everwood back.
Everwood is a much better show than 7th Heaven which has already finished its like 17th season and has already used every conflict possible and it honestly getting boring and cliche. I think that getting rid of Everwood was a terrible idea because there are reruns of 7th Heaven on ABC Family which is where it should play considering that it is a family show for like 6th graders. I am not fond of the merger or Everwood being cancelled.
I feel that Everwood was cut to short. I get that they didn't have room for it in the fall, but just maybe they could have fit it in at least one more year during the mid season. It is an excellent show and I personally would have preferred for Everwood to stay on and 7th Heaven to end that show had its run and Everwood didn't get the credit it should have.

Thanks
Marleny Sanchez
DUMB, DUMB, DUMB, DUMB- DUMB. to Dump Everwood and keep One Tree Hill and whatever this Veronica thing is. I have never wathced it. I have watched One Tree and Ho HUM..Yuk. EVERWOOD - was the only program worth sitting down to watch during the entire week. BRING EVERWOOD BACK. There has got to be more story lines. I want to see the Weddings.....Andy/Nina, Ephraim/Amy and even Bright & Hannah.. Bright has become a decent guy... Hannah has been great for the show. BRING IT BACK.
Come on people keep Everwood I mean Yes I love OTH and VM but I mean come on 4 seasons? Get rid of Gilmore girls! They've had what 11? 12 seasons? I mean they have a boring story line Everwood doesnt! I mean everwood keeps you wanting more! They could at least put it in the summer I mean I would still watch it! I was sad yes that 7th heaven was being cut but they had a long life in biz I mean why come back it just bugs people! KEEP EVERWOOD!
KEEP EVERWOOD!
They Uncancel 7th Heaven and cancel this CW is so damn retarded holy shit! like wth is wrong with their brain?

B R I N G B A C K E V E R W O O D ! ! ! !

If everwood isnt renewed then the hell with this network i can download whatever i want!
SAVE EVERWOOD! ARGENTINA IS ASKING FOR IT!
save everwood
Everwood was my favourite show. This season was great. Best Actors and writers and the cancel it thats BS! They renew 7th Heaven over Everwood BRING BACK THE WB. screw The CW, i hated UPN.
even i´m sad overhere in germany.and we have the 4th season still to come! but alreday knowing that this time the season end will be an goodbye 4eva. I can´t make a comment on choosing one tree hill over everwood cause that show has never been aired here. so wouldn´t they make more money in tne end by selling the rights of everwoods forthcoming seasons over the world?
I think it's ridiculus that Everwood was canceled and 7th Heaven was brought back. It's beginning to become laughable that show. I mean c'mon 10 years. It was old 5 years ago.
KEEP EVERWOOD PLEASE!!! It's the best show I've ever seen. WRONG decision!
Keep EVERWOOD !!!
EVERWOOD has substance. Something most TV shows today lack. It's a shame that the CW doesn't recognize this. Good guys do finish last I guess. Talk about unfair!
Sad to see Everwood go, I got very addicted to it when it started to show in OZ and now it's no more, what will I watch now! Sigh
SAVE EVERWOOD!!! One of the greatest show ever!
Why are they getting rid of Everwood??? It's a great show!!! I'm from Argentina and I'll miss it a lot. Please, reconsider your decision.
come on renew everwood is great
How about considering keeping both Everwood and One Tree Hill, but dumping Veronica Mars (like a hot potato)!
everwood should stay on everyone knows that people who don't like it should just get over it's a awsome show...
"Please, Everwood is boring. One Tree Hill has a larger, more devoted following."

so, when you say, "larger, more devoted following" are you making that up??? Everwood does better in the ratings then OTH, so shut you mouth and I hope one day you will wake up and relieze that OTH may be the worst show in the history of the WB, and is the worst thing that The CW will see this season.
This has been my favorite show on the WB and now there are no great dramas left to expect next year on the CW. It is not fair that "Everwood" was not picked up because it did not fit with other shows. At least we have four seasons of something great that we won't soon forget.
*sighs* so sad, it seems like all some Everwood fans know how to do is bash another show. Even before the merger, some Everwood fans did more bashing then talk about the show. I do like Everwood, and was reading on the lastest about the show, but just happen to read upon the neverending bashing. It sucks that Everwood MIGHT come to an end, but having more bashing threads than talking about the greatness of this show is ridicilous. As ridicilous as the CW not renewing Everwood.

As bad as the CW has done for possibly ending Everwood, The CW deserves a little/some credit for renewing Veronica Mars [a critically acclaim show] and giving it a solid lead in. For fans or Matt Roush to say their going to dump the CW for not renewing a critically acclaim show when there's another critically acclaim show [Veronica Mars] on the show is absurd. Be angry at the network for possibly ending a great show, but dont take it out on another show or don't abandon Veronica Mars.
i never saw this show but i know people who like it. seems like it's better than a lot of stuff out there.
Load More Comments