Fox revokes Drive license

It's been a short Drive for Fox's midseason drama, which has been pulled off the schedule after two weeks on the air.

For the time being, the serialized drama chronicling an underground cross-country race will be replaced by House repeats in the Monday 8 p.m. slot.

Drive received a strong promotional push on Fox's juggernaut American Idol and was launched with a two-night premiere, a strategy regularly used for the network's hit serialized drama 24.

But Drive never clicked with viewers, and its two low-rated airings on Monday seemed to hurt its leadout, 24, which posted its lowest adults 18-49 rating for an original episode in more than three years.

It is not clear when and on what platform the remaining nine episodes of Drive will air. Streaming the episodes on Fox.com or offering them as downloads through iTunes are among the possibilities under consideration.

Good, it deserves to die. The first episode was OK, it was all downhill from there. As usual, people who liked the show kept posting about how good it is, while the rest of us can't be bothered to post anything about it. The ratings show that only 6,05 million viewers viewers watched the premiere, that's about the same number as viewers who watch the frickin apprentice. Die Drive, go to hell and die.
man this really sucks can't believe that the decided to axe it after only 2 episodes. the 6 I've seen are great
I LOVED this show........Fox should put it back on...Just when I get hooked on a show, they always pull the plug. JERKS....Who is running FOX (a bunch of DUFU's)? Do they have common sense? They put a lot of money and it was a great show........
I had bad feeling when i only noticed 4 eps. :(
I didn't really think that this series would last long. At Least Nathan Fillion got farther with Firefly.
I only got to watch part of the first premier episode because I had to go to work. My husband got to watch all of them, and enjoyed them greatly. I was looking forward to watching them and my husband said he hasn't seen an episode in awhile. Why do they insist on showing shows like 24 and the OC. The only people I know that watch those shows are overly California-obsessed teenagers. AIR THE SHOWS THAT HAVE APPEAL TO OTHER PEOPLE!! QUIT MAKING SHOWS THAT ARE THE SAME FREAKING STORY OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!
I found it odd that Drive suddenly disapeared off the schedule, now I see why. FOX went and killed another good series. Spend a million bucks or so promoting it on myspace and on rival networks just to pull it off a few weeks after the debut, sounds very FOXish to me. None of the good shows last with them. Let's see, last time I had to go buy a DVD set of their canceled series "Point Pleasant" because I liked that so much. Looks like I'll be doing the same here.
I'm not surprised that Fox would pull another good show. Justice was removed too, and it was better than most of their shows. I already despise fox because of their removal of Justice and promotion of Amerian Idol. I was leary about even watching Drive, but was amazed that it was good. Why would they actually keep a good show?
I can't believe this! I have been checking the tv guide for weeks trying to figure out when the newest episode of Drive would come on. Im so mad, Im sure if they try to air it from the beginning(now that American Idol and other shows are off for the summer),they would get a larger response. That show was really good and Im gonna miss it. Please bring it back for one more shot!
I can't believe Fox did this.My family and I would look forward to monday night when "Drive" would come on and now they yank it away.We would have Monday night family night and we would all get together and watch "Dive".Fox cannot say what kind of ratings it gets cause there were 20 of us that got together around one TV and eat chips and dip,popcorn and have a good time>needless to say we all are quite upset that it is gone.Fox You need to bring it back.I do not watch "House" or "American Idol" I hate reality shows.Bring "Drive" BACK.
can't believe they did this. I've been waiting and waiting for the newest episode then I find out they've cancelled it. This is crap. TV networks can be so stupid. I just hope they give us the satisfaction of seeing if Shawn lives or dies. He was one of my favorites. URRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Drive was a good show. I was waiting for the fifth episode with impatience and was wondering why it was taking so long to go out (sorry for my english)

I'm very amazed to see that it has been cancelled. After 4 episodes ? what's next step ? Will they cancel shows before they even air just because a survey indicates bad audience ? Fools ...

From Belgium
I'm tired of seeing awesome shows be taken off the air and a lot of trash reality TV shows are left on. I'd rather see episodes of Drive then watch re-run episodes of House. Showing re-runs of House which are probably not being watched then show new episodes of a good Drive show that will be watched. What goes into that thinking? Cool shows are cancelled and crap like Hell's Kitchen is left on the air! You kidding me!? Nathan Fillion seems to always get a raw deal even though the shows he does are awesome!
The show drive is good just because they have a low rating...dont mean nothing.....they are still makeing money......I wish that the show stays on the whole season.....you guys had us waiting . you guys put it on the air take it off .. all you did was teased thats all
I can not even begin to describe our disappointment in the cancellation of this show. FINALLY something different comes along, we all get hooked and then you pull the rug out from under us. BAD MOVE!! Please reconsider and let us know how it ends!!
I have to agree with the majority on this show. I used to race home to be here in time to watch it. Kept me wondering what was going to happen next. Where did FOX get the idea to cancel it? DUMB IDEA !!!!!!!!!!!!!
My friends and I are incredibly, INCREDIBLY pissed off that this show was canceled. We tuned in to begin with because we missed Nathan Fillion from Firefly and it turned out that we very much enjoyed the storyline, the concept and the characters. We were planning to record every single episode.... and then POOF, it was gone. FOX is SUCH a disappointment over and over and over again.
Did you ever stop to think that maybe 24's ratings went down because people finally are realizing it sucks! Drive was a much better show they need to bring it back.
I knew that this show would not last from the get go. The plot of the show was not good. Commiting crimes to get the Millions doesn't work.
I loved the show Drive! Had me hooked from the first episode and then jerked out from under us...grrrr. I'm very disappointed that Fox cancelled the show. Please bring it back! We've got to see how the show ends.
Please do not end this show. It is one of mine and my friends favorite shows! Very action packed and very addictive! Maybe run it during the summer months so it doesn't interfere with other shows on, but this is a great show!
This was one of the best shows that I had seen in a long time. I had it set up to record and was soooo disappointed when I found the news it was pulled. Sure do hope you... Bring it back!
Will fox please tell us when they will be airing the final 5 episodes, im dying here...
I must say the first 2 episodes of Drive, I was unsure if it was going to be worth watching or not, BUT the 2 episodes that followed were incredible. I tend to Tivo my shows since I have a very busy schedule and was so very disappointed when I realized I had no more "Drive" to watch and to find out that it had been cancelled. What is going to happen to the Dad with Cancer? What about the Guy who got shot...Will he die? Will the missing wife be found? Will the soldier go to jail? Will the lady be able to get back in the race? Will the baby be ok? What What What will happen.
What was fox thinking putting a brand new show on in the same timeslot as lost. Drive didn't get the amount of viewers beacuse of the time slot. Put drive back on at a different time slot to lost and I think you will get the viewers to keep this excellent show going for many seasons. As for the other show that you replaced it with they SUCK. PUT DRIVE BACK ON REALLY WANT TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS
i still cant believe Fox cancelled Drive. Fox is a huuge disappointment to me now. House is predictable and we always get to watch house "face his biggest challenge yet!!" every single episode. 24 is somewhat entertaining but it didnt have half of what Drive has. As for American Idol...this season sucks. no one on the show is that great of a singer and the famous singers that performed at the show all sucked except Bon Jovi. Who would actually know who all is watching Drive anyway. They cant do a head count!! BRING DRIVE BACK!!!
What the heck is wrong with Fox. I just want to know who gives these shows their ratings. Why on earth would they do that to us? I give up. It probably would have done better as a summer show rather than an end of the fall season show. It's not so much the competition as that it would have received a bigger audience. I was totally hooked and I'm so disappointed that Fox thought to end it. One of the major problems these days is that the companies are basing too much of their programing on ratings. Some of the best shows don't get the best ratings. Another thing is that they are doing a really bad job in the marketing department. I am so disappointed.
I very surprised that so many people liked this show...it was a decent idea, with sub-par acting and bad dialogue, which cost nearly 3 million dollars per episode. I watched the first few episodes because a friend of mine worked on it and the only thing I was really interested in seeing after the first 3 episodes was the season finale, besides that, it would have been a long slow drive...
Drive was great, they need to get rid of 24 and bring this show back. How can they get people interested in a show and then just rip off the air like that. Fox needs to do better planning and As far as American Idol goes take that off the Air.
Drive was a good show, unlike the predictable 24 and House, both Perry Mason-type shows, where you know what will happen in the end. I had no idea what was going to happen, all the characters were attractive, and kept getting more interesting... It had a "Lost" sense to it, meaning, there was great room for character development, plot twists, and no sense of inevitability. They left the show when one character was awol, another was killed, and others were about to rob a bank?!? Plus, the leader of this illegal race was the infamous "Terry" from American Graffiti? Nice going, Faux.
Ratings? Who actually does these things? I've never recieved any type of marking ballot in the mail to rate anything, and I watch a lot of shows during the week. Anyone else ever voted in these so called ratings? And how do they really know how many people are really watching. Is there a little chip in our direct tv boxes or cable boxes telling someone what channel we are watching. I caught only one show of "Drive" and I really liked it and was looking forward to watching it again - couldn't find it, just found out the news. Some of the mindless programs they have on tv - I'd rather watch paint dry. If anyone is interested in a good show - "The Riches" comes on FX monday nights at 10:00 p.m. Drama is about a family of cons, they con everyone in every aspect of their lives- it's original - give it a try. Sorry not a House fan or a 24 fan. Heroes is good though.
Yeah it is absolutely bullsh!t that they have canned Drive. I live in Australia so have to download it and was shattered when I found out especially only 4 episodes in. I hate not knowing what is going to happen and why certain people are in the race!!!! BRING DRIVE BACK!!!! Sell it to PRIME in Australia!!!
geez ...another great show that i get really into and gets cancelled. At least ABC released the rest of Daybreak, another awesome show that go cancelled early, to be replaced by a comedy that ALSO got cancelled. Network execs are all dummys. If you start something...please finish it. I still have not forgiven Fox for cancelling John Doe, I will never find out the answers for that show. Then they wonder wahy is viewership down from the same time last year. BEcause you cancel too many shows that we invest time on, so we give up on watching TV. I got a friend that won't watch anything till a season is over and another one on the way. i might do the same.
Maybe Fox should create the shows, cuz they do seem to create good ones (I love you Matt Fillion! and everyone on Bones! GOD I love that show!) and just let other channels like Spike TV or Space carry them. That way you don't wind up with people going postal all over you for making a the decision to cancel a good show way too early. Plus they'll be aired during hours and on days I can actually manage to WATCH it live without having to download it.

Fox has advertised so many good shows that I've spent MONTHS anticipating - such as Firefly and others, and then pulls the plug after I've been hooked. *whips out the old spanking paddle* Cancel 24 (which is a stupid show), and bring back Drive!!
this has come as a bit of a shock.

the series was interesting and my girlfriend was hooked. I hope the rest of the series is aired or released in some form.

for now at least there's house reruns :D
COme on now FOx

you need to show the rest of the episodes

ya can't just show four and then cut it off ..

thats bull ****

the show kicked ass

hey if you don't like it don't watch it..

its that easy..

then the rest of us that do love the show can enjoy it

there problem solved
This is crap.... I can't believe that this show has already been cancelled... the first four episodes were fantastic... go figure... we can have five hundred seasons of American Idol and a ton of other shows that just plain suck... yet after four episodes of Drive thats it... what a flipping waste of time... yet another fantastic mistake...
WHAT THE HELL! why do networks bother developeing new tv shows only to to tease the actually few people who wind up likeing the show and ,and then they pull the plug becuase there are ot enough numbers in there ratetings!

ITS ALL **** ME AND FINACE WERE REALLY INTO WATCHING THE THAT SHOW AND ARE REALLY DISPOINTED THAT THE FOX NETWORK FAILED TO KEEP A VEIWER OF 3 OF THERE TV SHOWS HAPPY.THIS NETWORK SURELY DOESNT DESERVE ANYMORE OF MY TIME WHEN IDOL BONES AN HOUSE ENDS FOR THE SEASON IM COMPLEATLY DONE WITH THIS NETWORK! A VERY EXSTREAMLY UPSET VEIWER!
I can't believe they can do this! That they are even allowed to do this, is just...mindblowing! How about finishing the things you start, FOX? I mean, cancelling a show after only four episodes? That's just like listening to the first few seconds of a song. No one can decide if it's good or bad!

DRIVE - GOOD! FOX - BAD!
You know its a shame when a channel comes out with a really good show then take it off the air. get rid of the other junk u have and put drive back on. There is nothing else that could take its place its that good.If getting a protest started would work maybe that is what we need to do. My family here and other places have given up on fox we wont watch it no more and maybe they will just drop off the air and let a real company take over the show.
I've seen the first couple of episodes of house and of 24 they both suck, so I don't even watch TV on mondays now. after all how many times is Jack gonna save the world! Drive was a really great show, and fox really needs to bring it back so I have something worth watching on mondays!!!!!!!!!!!Fox should sell it to SPIKE TV it will get viewers there. ( by the was that is the channel that Bull Run is on which is another cool cross country race)
We were just getting into Drive, what a kick a** show, fox sucks for taking it off. come on guys at least give it more time. Fox likes to do that alot.
I never got into 24 or heroes or prison break but i love drive. and to pull it when it was just getting good is insane!!!! Please bring it back or put it on dvd or something i have got to know what happens next. i even said i was stayi8ng home from baseball practice just so i could watch it and no... it was not on. I love house but come on please bring back drive.
Damn it, Fox...You finally get a great show and you take it off? You absolutely need to bring it back, or atleast offer it on this site. I'm very dissappionted!!!!
Ya know...I dont have a whole lot of shows I like to watch...and now...I have less...thanks FOX...Idiots! I garuntee if Drive was a reality based show..it would still be on...STUPID reality freaks...lose the reality crap bring Drive back!!!
Since Fox cancelled Drive…can we just cancel Fox for being such morons?!? I absolutely LOVED this show. It was finally something different rather than adults competing against 5th graders or watching someone randomly pick a box to receive money. Im so upset with Fox right now *frown*

I was so excited that there was FINALY a show about cars and racing that weren’t ricers…now its already cancelled. They barely even gave Drive a chance. Grrr
Disappointed is not the word I am. I am so mad! I loved the show Drive. I am just about to the point that I do not want to watch fox ANYMORE. I hope that drive comes back on soon. If not they should put it on a DVD so the ones who liked it can buy it. They better do something and do it fast. I am so mad. FOX I, AM WITH YOU. PLEAS BRING IT BACK.
I think they need to cancel those shows where we sit and watch a contestant ponder a choice for 20 minutes. Millionaire, 1vs100, Deal or no Deal, etc. Then there's those shows where they send everyone away and rebuild the house. Then the family comes back and sees the work. The script goes like this: "Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god". Then someone else says "Hey, you wanna see something really cool?!" If you try hard enough, you'll find something not to like about every show on TV.
Honestly is anyone really that surprised... Its a show about driving Cross Country?... That just sounds stupid... How could you make a show about driving across country sound interesting for more then 3 episodes??? Next they will come out with stupid shows like trying to escape prison... Or trying to save America from Terrorist... Wait they do already?... When will someone cancel those turds?
comon drive was awosome it was even better then some top rated shows i hate fox buch of dicks
Load More Comments