Everything We Have to See in Game of Thrones Season 7

Winter is finally here! After more than a year off the air, Game of Thrones will return for its highly anticipated seventh season this weekend. This means soon we'll be able to see seven brand new episodes of the HBO fantasy series featuring what we can only assume is plenty of political scheming, fire breathing, and white walking.

This also means we've been thinking a lot about what it is we have to see in these new episodes. So as we prepare for the epic show to once again blow our minds, here's our wishlist for when the series returns Sunday, July 16.

7. Ice, ice dragons, baby!

We know it's kind of greedy to ask for more dragons, but the introduction of ice dragons -- whose existence has been hinted at throughout George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire novels though not in the series -- would kick things up another notch. According to legend, ice dragons dwarf their fire-breathing cousins and are said to be made of living ice. Rumor has it they also have breath so cold it can instantly freeze people and objects solid, which is just as cool, if not cooler, than lighting your enemies on fire. Of course, given that "winter is coming" has always been a warning and not something to be celebrated, it's doubtful said ice dragons would fight on the side of our heroes. But you're crazy if you think we're not here for some epic dragon-on-dragon action.

Game of Thrones: Everything you forgot happened in Season 6

6. The death of Littlefinger.

Season 7 should probably end with someone technically "winning" the Iron Throne, followed by the realization it doesn't even matter who wears the crown because ice zombies and magic ice men are invading Westeros. This means killing one another over a stupid chair that's probably not even comfortable is really not all that important in the grand scheme of things, which is why it would be fitting for Aidan Gillen's Littlefinger -- the man who started the so-called game of thrones in the first place -- to die and mark the end of that particular struggle. We don't actually care how it happens. Just that it does.

5. Tyrion and Sansa to come face to face, once more.

Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) and Sansa's (Sophie Turner) marriage is probably pretty dead at this point, but we're still hoping their paths cross one more time. Now that they're both the right hand of different power players (players who will absolutely be allies in the White Walker war), we're crossing our fingers for an adorably awkward reunion between Tyrion and Sansa. "Remember that time we were married and it was awkward AF? Me neither!"

4. A Jon and Daenerys hookup.

Yes, we know Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) is (likely) Jon's (Kit Harington) aunt. But these two attractive people hooking up would hardly be the most scandalous news out of Westeros, given the crookedness of the Lannister family tree. Furthermore, we really want to see this dalliance happen so it can immediately be followed by the hilarious realization that they're related. Either way, there's almost certainly an alliance brewing between the two, so why not add a little melodrama for our viewing pleasure?

Game of Thrones: George R.R. Martin may have just spilled a huge spoiler

3. Nymeria's triumphant return!

As the Stark family has dwindled in numbers, so too has the number of their direwolves. Of the litter adopted at the start of the series, only Jon's loyal wolf Ghost and Arya's (Maisie Williams) wolf Nymeria -- who was set free by Arya in an attempt to save her life after she bit Joffrey in Season 1 -- remain among the living. Sansa's wolf Lady was killed by Ned (Sean Bean) at the behest of Cersei (Lena Headey) in Nymeria's place; Grey Wind met the same fate as his owner at the Red Wedding; Shaggydog was beheaded by the Umbers; and Summer died fighting off White Walkers and wights who attacked Bran (Isaac Hempstead-Wright) in the cave of the Three-Eyed Raven in Season 6.

2. A full Stark family reunion.

When Jon and Sansa reunited at the Wall in Season 6 the world collectively sighed in relief and immediately swiped at their eyes as if a cloud of dust had blown through the room. Now that Arya has returned to Westeros and Bran is making his way back south after a long sojourn north of the Wall, would it be too much to ask that they seek out their older siblings at Winterfell before the White Walkers and their army plunge the world into chaos? Probably. But that doesn't mean we still can't have dreams.

1. The identity of Jon's father officially revealed!

Look, you know and we know that Jon's real father is almost certainly Rhaegar Targaryen, the first son of the Mad King -- who had shown an interest in Jon's mother, Lyanna Stark. Now we just need the series to officially confirm this on screen. Because although there was an infographic created for HBO's Making Game of Thrones blog that confirmed Jon's parentage following the Season 6 finale, the series itself still needs to come right out and say it, so we can move on and confront the problems that will obviously arise from Jon being a Targaryen -- and a Targaryen child of Rhaegar, at that.

Game of Thrones returns for Season 7 on Sunday, July 16 at 9/8c on HBO.

This article originally appears on TV Guide.com.

Jul 17, 2017
Hi frinds i am so glad to let the world know the success be hide my relationship. The secret is Dr.Akpada and through his help i have been able to get my lover back within 48 hours and since then our relationship has been perfect. The best way to get your relationship back on track is to contact Dr.Akpada on (akpadatemple@hotmail.com) And within 48 hours you will be glad you contacted him
Jul 17, 2017
where is Tim's review ???
Jul 14, 2017
8. Bran needs to die he's a dick!
Jul 14, 2017
He can't die yet. He's probably the reason the White Walkers can cross the wall and I do want to see him reveal the familial connection between Jon and Daenerys. After that he can go die. ;)
Jul 14, 2017
So are we gonna get about 5 GoT articles a day until it premieres now???

I'm already bored of the hype for the new season - i don't need this site hyping it up like they did with Walking Dead season 7 (this is who negan killed, this character cant be the victim because they were spotted on set, more evidence why this character is negan's victim)

Just like WD S07 - GoT wi8ll probably be the same old shit - talky talky, action, talky talky, backstabby moments - dragons, sex, cock, tits, more backstabby and pointless death scenes that mean sweet FA

As you can see - very hyped up for this overrated show :)

Jul 14, 2017
I sense much anger in you, let go of your hate!

However, I'm sick of the build up as well, just for different reasons. I don't have anything in particular I want to happen, other than maybe Tyrion and Bronn getting back together, him and Jamie can be entertaining at times to, but not nearly as funny. What I mostly want is for the damn thing to just start already.
Jul 15, 2017
The anger is petty - i admit - but it's due to the love this show gets - fine, it is very well produced and HBO is a definite FTW for any show - but it's done nothing but disappoint me for the majority of it's run - i'm gonna stick with it to it's bitter end but i just don't think the promises of great battles are gonna make up for the crap that happened for the past 6 years

Not only that but once the show is done and dusted - we have copious amounts of spin-offs that will grace the screens and i just can't deal with people telling me i'm an idiot for not drinking the GoT kool-aid

I dunno - Maybe i am just a bitter man that can't deal with unjustified popularity

Jul 16, 2017
I get your position, and god knows I agree it's overhyped, but anything that combines immense popularity with critical acclaim gets too much hype. Sometimes the hype and awards even last beyond when a show dips in quality due to going on too long, That's how it has always been, and how it always will be.
We both know what the genesis for most of your bitterness is, since we've discussed it before, and I've said my peace on that matter, so there's no need for me to beat a dead horse on your crusade to get even with the "fanboys."
I will continue to point out the subjectiveness of your claims that it's popularity is unjustified though. I never understood the immense popularity of Seinfeld, and thought Frasier was infinitely more entertaining, funnier, with better writing and acting, but I never felt or feel the need to point out all the reasons why to every Seinfeld fan I run into. To not only do that, but go out of my way to do it is not just petty, but completely pointless, and really juvenile. I could come up with other examples, of course, but Seinfeld was the first to pop in my head.
More +
Jul 15, 2017
I wouldn't go that far, clearly it isn't your cup of tea. It is mine though! :P

What is FTW please?
Jul 16, 2017
10 hours ago
"What is FTW please?"
It's one of those internet abbreviations "For The Win," in this case it means that it's an advantage for any show to be on great platform like HBO, which I completely agree with. HBO and FX are, in my opinion the best landing spots for any show!
Jul 14, 2017
Yes, Tyrion and Bronn would be great to see again!

I too am a little fatigued with the hype but it's not as bad as it's been in the past. I think last season they released the trailer in snippets, which was a real drag and this year the main trailer seems like it's been around too long.
Jul 15, 2017
I think the hype is worse due to it being the penultimate season and the trailer promising winter and wars and shit - you know what people are like when they think something big is gonna happen in this show
Jul 15, 2017
lol! Some big things better happen in this show I seriously can't wait for it. :) I suspect this season will be the final pieces on the chess board maneuvering into position.The battle of Ice and Fire may not come till season 8. Either way my patience is wearing thin.
Jul 14, 2017
I'm all for seeing: 6, 5, 4, 2 & 1. As for No. 6, Littlefinger started this so he may just end up being the winner.
Jul 15, 2017
Although GoT has established that they have no problem giving the "bad guys" major victories, I just don't see that happening. I think they proved in the last two episodes of season 6 that they are also capable of doing satisfying victories for the "good guys" as well.
Some beloved characters will bite the dust for sure (probably several), but I think we will ultimately see at least a somewhat conventional and satisfying conclusion. That will I'm sure drive the book snobs nuts, but I would consider that a bonus :)
I've never been one to spend too much time or effort trying to predict specifically what will happen though, I always prefer to just watch the writer's vision play out.
Jul 15, 2017
lol@book snobs!

Littlefinger as a possible winner is just an acknowledgement that things might come full circle. I have no idea who will win and like you will enjoy the ride which begins in just under 36hrs. :)