Grimm: Love Sick or Sick of Love?

Grimm S01E17: "Love Sick"

This week on Grimm: murder food, family spats, and life-or-death cockblocking! “Love Sick” finally brought the Hexenbiest love potion to Nick’s attention, and we found out Renard and Adalind’s endgame for the Hank-obsession spell (spoiler alert: It’s not worth the build-up).

The episode started with a flashback to Aunt Marie telling Nick to keep the Grimm Key safe, which was helpful because I'd literally forgotten it existed. While no lock in Auntie’s trailer fit, Nick discovered there was some kind of image on the key.

On the creature side, we learned that Captain Renard’s extended family in Europe is not happy he hasn’t gotten the key yet and that he’s just merrily letting a Grimm run amok in his city, exposition we got from his Swiss cousin and British valet. Renard shot them both dead, which was unfortunate because I really liked the droll Woolsey and was sort of hoping to see more of him. Not upset about the cousin, though—that fake “Swiss” accent was a crime in its own right. The fact that Renard only shot him once showed restraint.

We then got our first glimpse at the Nick/Juliette dynamic since Juliette responded to Nick’s marriage proposal a hell-to-the-no. It was like Grimm hoped we'd forgotten last week’s episode. They were laughing together, they were hugging each other, they went out on a tension-free double date with Hank and Adalind—they did everything but mention that their proposal vacation ended in a gunfight and Juliette telling Nick she distrusted him. Nick was more upset over Hank’s choice to date Adalind. It’s a good thing Grimm has the interplay between Wesen down pat, because the show sure is clueless when it comes to human behavior.

Anyhow, the Murder Food segment of the episode began when Nick finally noticed Sergeant Wu’s taste for office supplies. Nick, Monroe, and Rosalee connected it to Hank’s behavior and the Hexenbiest love cookies the hapless Wu had ingested. Then Wu ended up in the hospital because, you know, office supplies. Nick realized that in order to save Hank from Adalind, he would have to run the world’s biggest cockblock. Bring on the passive-aggressive lecturing!

We got a second look at the intricacies of Wesen family dynamics when the mysterious older, blonde lady Captain visited to discuss Adalind’s progress—and turned out to be none other than Adalind’s mother. Though she seemed like a combination of Pageant Mom and HexenBitch, Adalind seemed delighted to see her...and confided in Mother Dearest that while she loves Captain Renard, she planned to see the seducing Hank thing through to the end, as this plan was somehow going to get Renard the Grimm Key. The two bonded over beauty tips and, because this is Grimm, they put bloody leeches on Adalind’s face.

After some way-too-short Monroe and Rosalee flirting while they researched the Hexenbiest concoction, Team Grimm discovered the love potion would kill Hank. They created an antidote and successfully tested it on Sergeant Wu, but were too late to prevent Hank from having sex with Adalind (a different kind of Grimm “ew”). Hank didn't die, however, because Adalind had changed the potion, and we finally found out why she and Renard had been tormenting Hank—it was an overly complicated plot to exchange Hank’s life for Nick’s key! That seems like it could have been resolved in, like, one go instead of multiple episodes, but maybe Grimm just enjoys torturing people.

So Nick learned he had to kill Adalind to save Hank, which led him to woodenly request that he and Adalind settle their differences “violently”...and the two awkwardly threw down in the middle of the Portland woods. Nick planted a kiss on Adalind in order to get her to bite him and ingest his blood, which somehow destroyed her Wesen powers. Mommy Dearest and Renard unsympathetically showed powerless Adalind the door, and Nick discovered that the key is actually a map—but where to?

Outside of learning that Renard has a thing for blondes and Wesen families are as messed up as human ones, there were a lot of letdowns in this episode. The long-awaited Renard/Adalind master plan reveal turned out to be simple blackmail and definitely did not need a multiple-episode set-up. It was good to learn a little more about Renard and Adalind’s families—and I can’t wait to see who shows up from Europe to bury Cousin Awful Accent—but “Love Sick” felt like the teaser for a bigger Wesen family episode.

Secondly, Juliette and Nick’s relationship is so void of any semblance to real human relationships it’s almost an accomplishment. Why are they on such good terms after she rejected him? Why is Nick not upset? I know he told Hank he was, but that was a blatant cover for him being upset over Adalind. Now, I’m no proposal expert, but saying no to one, even if it’s not a dating deal-breaker, isn’t something you shrug off. But apparently it is in the Grimm-verse—or maybe it is for the breathtakingly awful Nick/Juliette duo.

Above all, last night’s biggest disappointment? There was not nearly enough Monroe/Rosalee flirting! Here’s hoping next week’s episode title, "Cat and Mouse," is somehow code for “Rosalee and Monroe Get It On!”

Questions:

– What does the key unlock, and where does the map lead?

– Why does Renard’s family want the key?

– Why is Renard so bad at hiding murder? I mean, he’s a super-powerful monster and the Chief of Police. Surely he’s seen enough crimes to know what not to do, right?

– What is Renard? So far our hints are that he has connections to Europe, a large extended (and possibly once-upon-a-time royal) family, and is powerful enough to run off Reapers and other creatures by “claiming” Portland. What do you guys think? Do any fairy tales match him? I suspect this is going to be a question for the rest of the season.

– Why is Nick seemingly okay with Juliette after she said “no f’ing way” to his marriage proposal?

– What will happen to the de-powered Adalind?

Firstly Nick knows that she is right and he is not completely honest with her; and she did not say never, she took the ring but reserved the "yes" until he is open up with her.. secondly, probably Nick is better like this, as long as his status quo continues, and he proposed in kinda way that he feels he had to.. it wasn'!t really a very romantic planning with the involvement of the bird-cat etc. and really how did he ever explained the scar on the bird woman's throat to her?

renard either belong to a fox or a lion family I guess.. how he keeps his identity hidden is something I cannot explain either..

the de-poweing of adelind was a great twist, much better than killing her off.. she either will commit suicide or team up with nick against renard to avenge her rejection from the family..
I think the series has been getting better and better all season. I like the fact that Monroe if finally on-board as a member of the 'team' fighting demons and & such, rather than being arm-twisted to participate each week; also that Grimm now has displayed some power on his own to get over on a demon-type - before he seemed to dance around any direct conflict with any of them. Buffy always kicked butt big time and was much more satisfying. We also have the potential for sparks between Monroe and Rosalee, who is also an up-front member of the demon-fighters. Renard's position is becoming more clear as we go along, and the series finale should really be great. But, why can't Nick discern that Renard is also from the other side? Beats me too.
Renard's plotline is going to be interesting, wait for the answer!

I think Nick is okay with Juliette's "No" because he hopes (as all the viewers!) that the writers will find a better girl for him in the 2nd season. He's a f...ing Grimm, he deserves it!

More Monroe/Rosalee plotline!!! Flirting, bantering, working, sleeping, dating - ANYTHING!!! They're the best!
I have been dying to know what Renard is, and why Nick has no idea that he's not human. Its been bugging me in every episode. Still no ideas though.

Also, you are RIGHT! There was not nearly enough Rosalee Monroe flirting going on!
I think the key goes to a lock somwhere along a river in Burow Germany, seeing that most pf the "Fairy Tales" are based out of Germany. Just my two cents. Plus I agree with the article above, kind of a let down and I damn sure wouldn't be hanging around if she said no.
Isn't "Renard" the French word for fox? An animal known in fairy tales to be cunning, duplicitous, etc. etc.? So my guess is, he's a fox-monster that lies and schemes to get his way, but can scratch your eye out on a moment's notice if he needs to.

I bet he dies by the end of season 2 (assuming there IS a season 2), if not this one.
NBC renewed Grimm. So there is a season 2 :)
I was kind of upset to see what happened to Adalind in this episode. First of all I really like the Adalind/Renard pairing, and now it probably won't go anywhere (although, considering they are the villians of the show there is a pretty good chance of one or both being killed off at some point anyway). This pairing is much more interesting than Nick/Juliette. They are a boring pair and Juliette is kind of a 'blah' character. I actually liked Nick better with Ariel the fire dancer even though she was kind of crazy. The other reason I was upset was that Adalind's reaction to losing her powers combined with the way her mother and Renard treated her when they found out made me feel bad for her.
I totally agree!

Lawyer and hexenbeast his mistake he destroyed the harmless half.
No need to feel sorry for Adalind. She's a bi.. sorry, witch, who no doubt killed her share of perfectly nice people in the past. Mummy Dearest and Renard just showed their true colors. - As mentioned elsewhere, maybe Adalind will now try and get revenge on Renard, and die in the process. How could one possibly re-socialize her otherwise?
i am kinda hoping they kill juliette's character off or she leaves.

"I actually liked Nick better with Ariel the fire dancer even though she was kind of crazy." I likes the two of them together i thought she would have been around for awhile
The lack of tension between Nick and Juliette was a tad bothersome to me, as well, but I think it's reasonable to think it's because they both know exactly why she declined his marriage proposal. She felt he was keeping secrets from her; he knows he's keeping secrets from her. Or maybe quite a bit of time elapsed between episodes and at this point, they're a little past the awkwardness.

Overall, this was a pretty cool episode, but Adalind's end-game was pretty weak. I really don't see why it took her and Captain Renard a difficult spell and all that work, time, and planning, just to basically trade Hank's life for the key. Captain Renard seems to have a lot of pull and strength with some dangerous and bad peop -- uh, creatures... it'd have been a LOT simpler just to have one or a few of them somehow kidnap Hank then offer the same trade to Nick. Seems like a bit of laziness by the writers to have teased us with "creative" danger in the previous handful of episodes just for a very simple payout.

It also didn't make much sense for me that Adalind was allowed to live by both Nick and Captain Renard. Nick wanted/needed to kill her... thought he'd killed her... she gets up and just says she lost her "powers"... so he lets her go? Captain Renard, a seemingly bad dude, just lets a scorned woman walk away? I can excuse a little lazy writing for a decent purpose, so if a scorned Adalind doesn't end up telling Nick about Renard, it'll seem like a waste, heh.
Well Renard is french for fox isn't it? He might be a Fuchsbau or whatever its called. Kinda hope thats not it though. after keeping his nature secret all this time I hope he's something cooler. Still think he's something fox related though. There's an old fable dating back to the middle ages about an anthropomorphic fox called Reynard. That seems the most likely answer to me.
Very good call on that one. For those interested, more on: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reynard
That's a rich background. But the problem is that Nick should've already seen if Renard was a creature.
Hey, great job on reviewing Grimm! I like the show a lot better now than in the first 5 episodes. It's also mostly Monroe that peaks my interest. I'm a little disappointed in Nick & Juliette. He looks like Clark Kent clone, that's been told he's Superman but doesn't know what to do about it.

Juliette... well, she's kind of pretty.. I guess. But other than that... I dunno.

Now, answers:

- The key unlocks a secret portal into Fairy Tale land, which is what the map reveals. There he will be taught by some ancient Grimms.

- If they slaughter the ancient Grimms, it will kill the entire Grimm bloodline...

- Come on, it's Portland Police Department... don't think they're the pinnacle of crime solvers.

- I'm wondering what kind of monster he is. Because, why can't Nick see him? Is he too much of a rookie to *see* Renard? Maybe he's not a monster at all but something else?

- It'll come back, they just leave their emotions aside for 1 episode and than the next one, it'll all be... why you dirty little B*** !

- Aren't they looking for a younger Legally Blonde 3 lead? I'm guessing a direct-to-dvd production.

Bye!

Map/key probably unlock another let down.

Wesen megalomania?

Seriously. Bigger question: why is he so bad at detective work and hasn't just traced Nick's phone to the freaking trailer? Or planted a tracker on his car for the same reason.

Well, he is hot. There's that.

The writers were drunk and forgot?

Good question. Will Hank still be obsessed with her?

And my question: is Nick's blood 'lethal' to all wesen? Because beyond his spidy vision, he ain't all that.
What I'm wondering about are a few things:

- Why does Renard need Nick alive? Nick is a Grimm! Renard has already said a few times he has plans for Nick, and told a Reaper not to touch him. Why? If he only needs the key, why not just take it (and kill Nick)? Other things that I wonder about are the small details the show keeps dropping around. In the episode Beeware, the Mellifer tried to warn Nick that "something big is coming". How did she know? Does the whole creature world (except for clueless Monroe) know that something is coming? What did Mother Dearest mean when she asked Renard if the "debt would be paid" if she helped him? There has been similar details throughout the series, most of which I don't remember any more.
I really liked the episode, I thougt the fight between nick and adalind was pretty cool, she even kicked his ass for a moment there, but nick is getting better and better at the fighting-wesen-stuff...but I kind of get the feeling, that adalind is planning on revenge, even though she has lost her hexenbiest-power, she still can do some damage to nick as a lawyer I'm sure...and I suppose there are ways to harm someone in a magical way, even though she lost her power she still might produce some magical stuff..

Have to agree about the hideous swiss accent by the way... I'm swiss and Rendard's Cousin wasn't even talking swiss when he spoke on the phone, it was german...but maybe he was trying to fake a french accent, 'cause some of the people in switzerland are actually speaking french...wasn't very good either though...:-)

Agree entirely about Cousin speaking German, not Swiss-German. But then, the whole show is messy about language. What exactly did Monroe say when he explained why he preferred the term Zaubertrank to potion? If it was German, I didn't catch it.
I absolutely loved this episode. I thought it was nice to find out what Renard is after and I don't think it was a let down the way it played out. Renard doesn't know where Nick has the key and it's small so it was a good plan up until Nick, Monroe and Rosalie outsmarted him and Adalind.

And as far as the Juliette and Nick story as someone else has pointed out. She hasn't exactly said no to him she just wants to know the truth.

And I still love that I can't figure out if Renard is really bad or good in some way because he's obliviusly still looking out for Nick finding him valuable.
This show is so bad, I'm about done with it.

It's dumb that Nick has had this key for the entire season and has waited 15+ episodes and who knows how many months to actually look at it AT ALL...

It's cheap that this show doesn't seem to be able to kill even reoccurring characters. Wu, Hank or Adalind not actually dying so they can keep the actress around is awful. I'm guessing they're waiting for the finale for an important death...or, worse, some lame "will they die, won't they die" cliffhanger. Right now I don't feel any sense of danger for the characters which lowers emotional investment greatly

It doesn't make sense that while every single creature in the Grimm universe can't help but show their true face ever 2 seconds we still don't know what the Captain is. I have a feeling we'll find out either the last 10 seconds of the penultimate episode or sometime in the finale. The only way that won't be totally awful is if it turns out he's a Grimm as well (which would have other issues like him being affected by the coins in that terrible episode "Three Coins in a Fuchsbau").

As was mentioned in the review, the fact that it's like last week's denied proposal didn't happen feels badly written. This show is too episodic, too "Monster of the Week".

But really, lets discuss the elephant in the room: The special effects are maybe THE WORST on television. The Adalind "Death Scene" looked soooooo bad...the special effects team should be embarrassed.
I suspect the Captain is not a creature at all. He is simply some kind of keeper of the creatures, an overlord of some kind, but otherwise human. Another option is that he has used a potion to conceal his creature side. Either way, I see many possible explanations for the fact that he hasn't shown a creature side of himself.
I have been wondering about that. Because we have definitely seen him stressed around Nick and no wesen reveal.

Or maybe he is something neither human nor wesen.
Possible.

Else, why hasn't Nick noticed him change. I imagine that after X months/years of working for the guy he'd see him lose his cool. Being on "coin withdrawl" should've been enough to shift.

Oh, no doubt there are MANY ways to fanwank it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanwank). There might a couple ok explanations...

...but if it's something like a potion, well a better show would establish that earlier in the season rather than retconning it.
based on how shows like this go, i can't see the Nick/Juliette relationship working properly (i mean, she is the Lana Lang of the show, holding Nick back from his Grimm fate/destiny).

Renard can either be part of an uber-powerful group of creatures who can successfully hide themselves from Grimms, or be an offshoot/rival of the Grimm bloodline.

I would like to see more Rosalee and Munroe because, well, they are fun to watch as Nick is so clueless to his "Grimm" job.

And, why is it i feel bad for Adalind? i mean i just wanted to hug her at the end there. she was all nasty and the like and the evil cabal against Nick just throws her away like trash. would like to see her more (as a kind of frenemy perhaps?).x
Rosalee is a brilliant addition to the team. She has way more technical knowledge than Munroe and she is smart, strong and adorable.

I also felt a little sad for Adalind.

I noticed the heavy flirting Renard was laying on her in previous episodes and spotted that he was only manipulating her from a mile away. The way he was ice cold to her after she lost her powers was pretty harsh, but not unexpected at all. For all her hexenbeast evil there is a lot of young naive woman in there too. Well played on that note.
I assume the map leads to what the key unlocks. And obviously Renard's family wants the key to get at whatever was locked away, but that could be anything. At this point it's just a McGuffin. It looks like it would unlock a small chest, but it could unlock the door to Blackbeard's castle where many of these creatures are locked away. Hopefully they won't get too caught up in it because it could ruin the show by getting away from it's episodic nature.

Renard probably isn't a monster or else Nick would have spotted him as one. Nobility comes to mind, although considering his position as a policeman he would probably be some sort of knight. The problem is that one can't just refer to a specific story for answers because the writers are taking a very liberal approach to the stories.

If my memory serves me right, Juliette said she wont marry Nick NOW because she feels he is struggling with something and he is not sharing.She wishes for transparency/honest/sharing. But she didn't rule out marring him in the future. Since we all know Nick is hiding about the Grimm stuff, Nick knows he has to tell her or.... Point is,ignorance is bliss,until wessen starts invading your house, make you pies ,spies on you etc.

Thus, as much as we would want there to be tension, it is understandable that there isn't, and Nick is frustrated because he knows Now the decision is his.

I am so looking forward to Captain Renard's next plan now that he knows he underestimated Nick.I think Nick and Juliette should double date with Monroe and Rosalee. It might help him to make THAT decision.
Am i the only one that thinks Adalind perhaps now will tell Nick about Renard and his plans?
That's what happened in the in the X-men. Woman scorned and all that.
I hope they don't go with some vampire thing with Renard. that would be slightly annoying.
I would guess Renard is a fox like beast. like in Reynart the fox. Highly intelligent and tricking all the other beast into traps and doing stuff for him. How that translate into the Grimm verse, no idea.

Trickster would be a cool surprise. Something that even Grimm's can't see.
Grimm has not disappointed me yet and I just loved this episode. I love this whole mystery surrounding Renard. What is he? How powerful is his family really? Can't wait to find out more about him. I really love the Rosalee and Monroe dynamic, I really hope that Rosalee sticks around for the rest of the season. Poor Adalind no more turning scary face for you. I do see her filling Nick in on who Renard really is in the final episodes of the season. So if Renard's family wants the key do they know about the map on it? These final 5 episodes are going to be pretty interesting.
I really liked this episode. The fight between Adelind and Nick was a little awkward, but they definitely weren't holding back at all! There was some definite flirting between Monroe and Rosalee, so I hope that will lead to something more.

The map is one heck of a plot twist, especially since Renard and his family want that key so badly.
I think it was the reverse: Nick was taking out some of his frustrations on Adalind because of his relationship with Juliette. That's why he was pounding the wall in the bathroom when Hank came in.
I really liked the episode but I did wonder about Nick being so pleasant with Juliet. He was obviously upset at the end of last week's episode and here it's like nothing happened. I'm guessing though we'll see more of Nick's issues with the rejection in up coming episodes. I liked Juliet up until she turned him down. I mean, she clearly thought marriage was a possibility so why didn't she sit Nick down and talk to him about all the secrets? They mentioned it in passing but they never had a real conversation about it. I hope this is a questions Nick brings up...if Juliet had issues, why wait until he proposed to tell her about them?

I know that would make me mad if I was in Nick's shoes.

And seeing how I'm a fan of both Grimm and Once Upon a Time, my immediate reaction when we saw the map was 'hey, maybe that leads to Storybrooke'. And I started thinking of crossovers and how Nick and Emma are a better match than Juliet/Nick. Lol. Yeah... ignore my girliness.

As for the show down at the end of the episode, I thought it was interesting about the blood, but weird how Nick exposed Adalind to it. I couldn't help but wonder why he didn't just cut his hand and put it over her mouth. Still, I did like that Nick had a little fight scene and I kind of hope he gains more fighting skills while still being the same man. I don't want him to turn into some weird fairy tale terminator.
I quite liked this episode but I understand your poin of view.....

I think that the relationship between Nick and Juliette isn't so unnatural...she refused hic 'cause he is distant and hiding something...and he in fact is! So it's mature from both of them to acknowledge the situation and wait to be ready to do the next step (break-up, reveal grimm etc).

No clue about Reinard and the map. He seems quite desperate, and desperate people usally makes mistakes....
I liked the review because it was critical, and not just descriptive, even though I don't necessarily agree with it. I felt the episode was highly enjoyable, actually my favorite so far, because they didn't use the old case-of-the-week formula, but instead dealt with the main story line, with the main characters.

About Nick and Juliette, we don't know how cool they really are. They were only seen in public, and we didn't see any intimate moments, so we don't know if there are unresolved issues. Also, we don't know how much time has passed since last episode. Probably they've had time to discuss their relationship and get it out of their systems, and we'll know more about that later. For the time being, since Grimm is not a soap opera about relationships, the show focus on what matters, the mythical plot.

Nick is cool with Juliette refusal because he proposed to her, she refused, but at least they reached a compromise; the present situation is something he can manage and they haven't broken up and, as you said it yourself, it isn't a dating deal-breaker. As for Juliette, well, she doesn't have much of a personality and women are funny and illogical, so we can expect anything from them anyway. Ha, ha, just joking. Maybe she apparently accepted the situation by now, but sooner or later she may voice her lack of trust again. And as a good male, Nick is avoiding the problem until he has no choice but deal with it, that is, until he is forced to tell her the truth.

Nick was more concerned over Hank's date because, as a men usually do, he brushed off his own emotional issues, and focused on his friend. Besides if you learn your friend is dating a monster - in that case a Hexenbiest, a witch, or, in the Grimm universe, simply a blonde; in other words, blondes are demons! - that thing would raise all sorts of red flags.

The captain is not bad at covering up crimes. He did it all correctly (the other cops are nowhere near finding out the third man was him), except that he forgot the cell phone, but solved that problem at the police station. And the way he dealt with those two guys, what a badass he is!

I just think that Nick showed to be a good detective following the cell phone lead, but he also showed to be a sloppy one when forgot said phone on his desk for anyone to get and didn't figure out it was tampered at the police station. He also failed to pay attention to the fact that when Sergeant Wu got sick, Monroe and Rosalee said it was because he ate something that was meant for someone else, so he should have investigated what he had eaten and who it was truly intended for.

The Adalind/Hank plot may have seemed over complicated for its final purpose. In fact I wish she had a better reason to seduce him, because I really enjoyed the whole plot extended over several episodes. Well, the captain and Adalind could've just kidnapped Juliette, but then another monster of the week has already done that.

We didn't have much of Monroe this time but it was OK. After all, the show is called Grimm, not Blutbad, and Monroe, no matter how fundamental to the show he is, is still an ancillary charater. BEsides his relationship with Rosalee seems to be running smoothly, and it's nice somebody is having a bumpless relationship ride for a change.

Adalind without powers might just as well have a key role helping Nick in the near future. She lost her beast side, and may now begin her road to redemption. It's good because I've always liked the character, and would be sorry to see her being killed (kill killed, you know). Instead she was power killed. Besides, Claire Coffee is such a beauty that it'll be a great pleasure if she just sticks around. I just think her romantic chances with Hank are seriously compromised after this episode, and the captain doesn't seem to have eyes for her, so poor blonde will be alone.

Finally I would like to point out that Nick is turning out to be a cool anti-anti-hero. Nowadays, heroes tend to shoot first, ask questions later, and kill monsters left and right like the guys in Supernatural. So finally Nick had to kill, and did so consciously, but even when he killed, he actually didn't... That was a curious twist in the context I just described.

I hope the final episodes of the season are as interesting, because I liked this one very much.
what would happen if adalind develop feelings for nick if she were to help him in the coming episodes. Of course not that fast, just this season and the next. I understand that they both have reasons to hate each other now but most of the best relationships start out that way. I mean the kiss could've been a forshadowing.
That would be an interesting twist. Nobody is really excited about Juliette anyway. And Adalind as a character has much more potential of growth.
I liked this episode too...it did seem like they just ignored what happened between Juliet and Nick last episode though. I was kind of expecting more from the whole put-Hank-under-a-spell thing but I think there is still so much more to it (in regards to who Renard is and that whole story line) that it's okay with me; I'm kinda hoping/glad they're done with Adalind now, she wasn't my favourite. I really like Monroe and Rosalee too though! They are soo cute; Monroe is a really important part of the Grimm-verse I think. I hope they decide on what to do with Nick and Juliet and that Nick becomes more Grimm-like like his aunt; she was hardcore.
i totally disagree with your review.other website are happy about this episode.they gave good review.i like this episode
This was one weird screwed up version of the snow white fairy tale. Hank snow white, Nick prince Charming, Nan Flanagan the evil stepmothers mother Even the "kiss".

I love how Grimm does mess up fairy tales.

real live relations new...

although the whole Nick being cool about the rejection thing i think is not to far fetched.

He is been told he should leave her by a few people and he has put her in harms way more then once, it wouldn't surprise me he is actually relieved.
I say the key unlocks some sort of Grimm power gadget that is the source of their power maybe. Who knows. I am not sure the writers do.

Renard's family wants that power.

Renard is bad at hiding murder because he is just a man and men make mistakes. I don't think he is a monster in the least. If he was he would have just ate the bodies? But if he has access to the of creatures why not get one of them to eat the bodies or strip them down for parts. But since he hasn't shown anything in front of Nick, I say he is either a Grimm or a Reaper or something else that his aunt wasn't able to warn him about before he died.

I have no idea why Nick is cool with Juliette refusing his proposal. But since she is already in danger from the creature world i would say petty things wouldn't be an option for him. Or maybe he just really loves her and can't leave. Or realizes that it is kind of his fault since he hasn't told her about him being a Grimm, which you would think would have came up since the dragon episode.

But that leads me to a bigger question. Why go after Hank when Juliette is the better choice for a pressure point for Nick. Seems sloppy. And how doesn't the captain know about Monroe yet.

Adalind will wind up in Los Angeles as a DA who was once engaged to Peter Bash of Franklin and Bash. BUt seriously I don't see her being in the series anymore. Despite still having a knowledge of the world. But if she can't see others like her, she has no use.
i've been waiting for them to kill Juliette off since the pilot. those eyes give me nightmares! someone fire her make-up artist!
ha! i think the same thing a lot. i keep thinking they're going to shoot lasers.

• 8:00 pm