Grimm's Fall Finale: Trailer Snitch

Grimm S02E12: "Season of the Hexenbiest"

Grimm’s fall finale brought nearly every one of the series' existing plots to a head as Nick learned who was kissing on his lady, Hank learned never to trust an ex-girlfriend, and we learned the nature of Adalind’s big “bring down Nick and Renard” master plan.

“Season of the Hexenbiest” picked up right where we left off last week, with Juliette and Renard smooching in the spice shop as Monroe recognized Juliette. In response, Juliette ran away! Did anyone take me up on my bet last week? No? You mean the moment was so predictable that everyone saw it coming? Okay, then.

Monroe behaved like a good best friend and told Nick about the spice shop makeout, but cautioned it was probably the result of Adalind’s curse. Speaking of Adalind, the ex-Hexenbiest (ex-enbiest?) was back in Portland with a posse of sexy hand-tattooed bikers (the Verrat) and a desire to take down everyone who'd ever tangled with her. After Adalind’s attempts to place doubt about Nick in Hank’s head, which failed since Hank now knew the score on her Wesen-y ways, she switched to Plan B: Sic the Verrat on Hank and beat him senseless. Adalind, always proving she does not know the meaning of overkill!

Adalind then gave Renard an ultimatum: Get the Grimm Key to her or she and Ro Bro would reveal his princely status to Nick and the Grimms. This ultimatum also included using the Verrat to murder Renard’s European contacts. (Continue the overkill.)

Nick and Renard teamed up against Adalind as the she pried the location of Aunt Marie’s trailer out of Juliette by employing the tried-and-true Grimm method of just asking a couple of questions. Nick grabbed the Grimm Key and a baseball bat and went to town on the Verrat before Monroe identified Renard as the man sharing kisses with Juliette, and the episode ended on a cliffhanger as Renard pulled into the lot that held Aunt Marie's trailer. It looks like Nick's secret Grimm hideaway is not so secret anymore.

This episode should have been called “Nick, We Have to Talk.” Fun and well- paced, it pretty much contained more Juliette gumption and forward movement on mythology then we’ve seen in a long time. And I collected more evidence that when I yell at my TV my complaints are transmitted straight to the Grimm writers room. I yelled at Nick to move out and it happened! I yelled at Juliette to show a cursory interest in the world around her, and she finally began snapping at Nick and trying to find out what Monroe was supposed to tell her the night she went into the coma! Anyone want to come over when the show returns and join me in abusing this power?

The highlight of the episode was definitely its happy refocusing on Nick and Monroe as Grimm's main Wesen-investigating duo, though it took putting Hank in the hospital to do it. Maybe next year Grimm will figure out how to write a three-person partnership? There were some enjoyable verbal bon mots, too, like Monroe’s exasperated worry that Hank would just sleep with Adalind again and Renard calling his brother easy.

The only downside was Nick’s bad fight choreography. I understand that Grimms are supposed to be super fast and strong against Wesen, but so far the show has made it seem like Wesen just wimp out when fighting Nick instead of proving that Nick is better than they are. It’s a conceivably easy fix (after all, if Buffy could convince us that a tiny high-school girl was strong beyond belief, Grimm should be able to do it, too), and hopefully one that will be addressed in the second half of the season.

Overall "Season of the Hexenbiest" left us with a great mid-season cliffhanger, well balanced with just enough unanswered questions to keep us interested until the show returns in January (will Nick realize Renard is the prince as well as Juliette’s paramour? Who will end up with the Grimm Key?). The episode also felt more like the ones from the beginning of this season: fun, fast, and full of as much information as our brains could handle.

"Season of the Hexenbiest" was so much better then the last handful of filler episodes, in fact, that I wonder if Grimm is a show that could benefit from a shorter, cable-style season, focusing on a fast-paced and twisty 13 episodes rather than a slow and drawn-out 22 or 24. I, for one, would be willing to sacrifice some of the episodic Wesen-of-the-Week plots to focus more on the Royals vs. the Grimms.

QUESTIONS:

– Now that we have a month to ponder, do you guys agree that if Grimm had shorter seasons, it would consistently deliver solid episodes and stay away from the drawn-out plotting that has dragged down parts of Season 2?

– Can we keep Adalind? Raise your hands in the comments if you think she’s the best bitchy villain of the season!

– When did Juliette become hugging/sleeping on the couch buddies with Monroe? Does she think he’s her good friend since she doesn’t remember Nick?

– Nick possibly should have used gloves while touching the dead Verrat bodies; do you think those murders will come back to haunt him?

– With Adalind’s focus on finding out who murdered her mother, will we see Mama Nick return in the future?

– Will Adalind and Renard get the Grimm Key?

– What does the Grimm Key open?

– What will happen to Juliette and Renard is they don’t lift Adalind’s curse? They seem to know their attraction isn’t natural; if nothing is done, will they hit Hank obsession depths?

– Even if Juliette and Renard break the spell, will Nick want to take Juliette back?

I really do like Analind! It's not that she's a great baddy (though she totally is), i genuinely like her character's vulnerability and back story. I hope she sees the errors of her ways and turns good in season 3. I would like to see her with a nice love interest too! She's had to pretend to be interested in so many guys, not to mention how poorly she's been treated by both her mother and Renard. The poor thing never had a chance!! She deserves some true romance!! Optimistic I know, but I'd love to see it happen.
Althought Nick is kind of a Superman...now that I think about it, he may not be as comfortable with an equal as he is with the Lois Lane type.
Honestly, I think it would be cool if Nick was dating a Wesen... Blutbad?
Balam, like the one from the Llorona episode only american or maybe european to tie her up to the resistance.
I wonder -How much you were drink ,people ,when you wrote your opinions?
I feel mythology worths nothing if teh characters don't move forward the storyline: What's the point the Captain being a Prince if Juliette doesn't expose him? What's the point of Hank's partner being a Grimm if he doesn't figure it out? What's the point of the Verrat killing mixed couples if Monroe doesn't fall with someone who's not his species?
1. The long seasons are extremely important to the shows well-being. While I'm interested in the mythology aswell it's nothing earth-shattering and the overarching plots aren't nearly as important as in shows like Breaking Bad. With Grimm you have a show where you simply enjoy spending time with it's characters (yes, even Juliette, in the first season I disliked her being on the show, now I still dislike her but don't mind her being on the show, they can't have only likeable characters), the longer the better. That being said I enjoyed the fast pace and the 'putting threads together'-stuff of this finale.

2. You're right, Adalind is a great villain. Normally when tv shows try to do the whole 'evil bitch'-thing they fail miserably because they try to convince the audience that the girl in question really is all confident, cool, and whatever with fitting music and knowing grins and all that bullshit - it's just annoying. But with Adalaind you just get the feeling that she is incredibly full of herself, has a completely exaggerated self image and likes to think of herself as that 'evil bitch'-type other shows try to convince us their villains are - and that makes her believable and fun. If we can keep her - I don't know, if the Grimm writers find a convincing way to do it I'm all for it but it shouldn't be forced.

3. I guess Juliette went to Monroe because while we have seen some of her own friends on occasion we really don't know them and the writers didn't want to introduce some random guest actor in this fast paced ep.

4. The murders will propably be the weapon Renard would use against Nick if it were to come to that. But I don't think they will pose a larger problem in the future. Oh, and I really laughed my ass off on Monroes 'All the evidence in my place, great, oh, and the murder weapon, awesome!' line.

5. Honestly I don't think Adalind cares that much about her mothers murder, for her it's just one more thing she wants to get back at people for.

6. Regarding the key: I think we might find out in the near future what it opens and I really hope that Adalind or Renard are the ones figuring it out. Nick's had the key for one and a half seasons now, if they now were to make and episode were he looks at the key, then ask Monroe to look at some old books and they'd afterwards look on Google Maps and know exactly where it leads to that would not only anti climatic but not very believable - someone with some actual knowledge about the thing needs to find out where it leads to.

7. The curse will be lifted soon and I really hope they'll find some other role for Juliette than 'Nicks girlfriend', maybe they'll even introduce a new love interest for Nick.
1. Longer season, because its what gives the show time to keep such a large audience interested. The fact that this show has all the elements, action, romance, comedy, etc., is what keeps so many different people interested and the ratings high. Keeping this "long and drawn out," is what helps keep people buying into the character lines. The shows with short, straight to the point, and quick, one storyline plots are the ones that never make to see a 4th or 5th season because the story line becomes tiring or redundant.

2. Can we keep Adalind? Are you serious, yes she's the best but the best must die and don't we all love a good karma/revenge episode. If taking here powers (or whatever) wasn't strong enough of a message to her brain then she deserves a super cool death/demise/ending.

3. Pose New Question, because I don't think that's and issue. The issue is when did she become a huge blabber mouth to people she remembers as only acquaintances? I can understand the memory thing when it comes to nick, but only him. You didn't know Adaline well, so why are you running your mouth off to him. And I'm so pissed at nick for thinking that storing that trailer at a registered storage lot with a huge paper trail was smart. No real cop is that dumb.

4. Nick is under a lot of stress and he is indeed turning very very sloppy. Just like how he had the FBI tail on him earlier in the season, he's pushing for someone else to catch on to him big time.

5. Not if the writers kill her off like a true villain deserves. OR she can stumble upon the truth and confront Nikki's mom and she could finish what no one else could.

6. Ah Duh. We still need an explanation of the coins new whereabouts.
7. A door. A Box. ooh ooh I know, a lock.
8. hmmm.
9.He has to, she doesn't really have control over whats going on right now. The real question is what is Juliette going to do when she remembers the conversation she last had with Nick and Monroe?
I'm thinking Nick's mother is working for Renard's brother and the resistance is working with the Prince in Portland. That way, the only hope the resistance had - a Grimm working for the bastard Prince that leads them - should be shattered now that Nick knows Juliette is involved with the Captain.

Enter Adalind and the Royals might just win
1. No I want longer seasons.
2. Yes, Adelind should stay and it looks like Coffee is signed now as a regular.
3.Yes, I think Juliette going over to Monroe's house is strange. Particularly since they did not talk about the reason she went to the spice shop. Obvious topic in my mind. But since Nick has left the Sleeping Beauty storyline (his character as the King has left the castle and that's the end of the King in the story) I think Monroe is staying behind to be the "King's servant" who ends up protecting Beauty from the prince's evil mother later in that storyline.
4.Hmm. Yes Monroe's comments about taking all the evidence suggests that they are vulnerable on that issue. Since Nick's going to attack Renard. This gives Renard a way to retailate against Nick.
5. Kelly Burkhardt is still in Portland. She's tied to the "royal and the key" plotline. She's coming back. Maybe when Nick is in the hospital after being shot?
6. So far Mama has just said the key is part of a map of where something is. I don't know the arc of the covanant? j/k
7. Yes Renard will get the key (maybe searching Nick's person after he's shot?) He won't turn it over to Adelind cause she wants to give it to Eric. Adelind is blackmailing Renard by threatening to tell Nick he's a royal. But Nick's got all the clues now to figure that out on his own so Adelind's hold over Renard is going to end. Renard will release her to the street where he can kill her and she'll have look for the key on her own.
8. The obsession thing is part of the Sleeping Beauty plotline. In the Grimm version of the story the evil prince rapes and marries Beauty. That obsession thing will stay in place until Juliette is trapped with Renard.
9. No Nick and Juliette won't get back together. She's not to blame for what's happening to her any more than Hank was. She's controlled by two spells. But Nick is going fully into the Grimm world and Juliette represents his past life. She won't cross over with him. There will be a painful goodby. Tearful regrets for the life they could have had if Nick had not becomes a Grimm and then it's Nick getting darker from there.
lol Do you really think she will want to back to Nick after all?? lol
A great episode...I absolutely loved it! I miss this show when it's off the air.

- No to the shortened season idea. The filler episodes can be just as entertaining in their own way.

- Adalind is a scary bitch...enough said

- Juliette is just so confused...she's not really friends with Monroe, but he's too nice to turn anyone away.

- Nick needs to be more careful all around when he's killing evil wesen, although I did like his "Or what" line.

- Mama Nick is bound to return sooner or later.

- I hope they don't get the Grimm key, and we know that it's part of some kind of map. Not sure if it opens anything.

- This one is important...Nick and Juliette should NOT get back together. While I don't hate her as much as most people do, they are just not interesting together, and that is death for a TV couple. The only thing that could possibly save them would be if Nick told her the truth and she was okay with it, but I don't see that happening.

Finally, I don't like the discovery of the trailer...this makes me very nervous...
Nice fanfictions you all, but I think i'll catch up some real spoilers when and if they are available
At the risk of spoiling it all for everyone, I know the answer on what happens to the "key".

Nick will give the key to Adalind figuring she's never getting out of that cell alive anyhow. Then Nick and the debonaire captain will have a knock-out-drag-out Grimm-worthy fight in the jail over the key when Renard tries to get it from her. Juliette will walk in on the fight and (seemingly oblivious to the brawl) start nagging both men that she needs more time to pick one of them. Hank will come in while they are ripping each other's head off, but become fixated on Adalind (since she's sitting next to a plate of cookies).

Monroe will finally show up with 28 Seltenvogels and distract the captain long enough for Nick to knock him into submission with a Kriegsarmbrust (that he just happens to have all of the sudden). Sgt.Wu will stop eating carpet fibers long enough to arrest Renard and place him in a cell next to Adalind. While all of this is happening, Nick's mom will have come into town just in time to fight (and kill) Renard's brother as he tries to vaporize everyone in Seattle with a Nukemblastel device.

Ultimately Adalind will be released into Monroe's custody where she will share the guest room (in Monroe's house) with Kelly Burkhardt - who can't stay at her son's house because Juliette won't let anyone sleep in the one bedroom with her.

And oh yeah... the key winds up opening the queen's compact mirror on Once Upon a Time.
I finally got around to watching this episode... I generally liked all of it, but one aspect nearly ruined it for me and it's the same aspect I hate on almost every episode: Juliette/Tulloch. OMG I HATE her. I almost feel like giving up on the show JUST because of her. The character is written very poorly, and the acting is almost just as bad. Ugh.
It was a better episode so far but the main problem remains the same - JULIETTE, always her. I just can't understand what she is doing in this show. Her character is boring and annoying, the actress is plain AWFUL. Julliette is interesting ONLY in the scenes with Renard but it's not her - it's him: ANYBODY will be interesting in the scenes with Sasha Roiz.
So my main PLEA to the exects is - PLEASE, cut Juliette ASAP!!!
– if Grimm had shorter seasons, it would consistently deliver solid episodes and stay away from the drawn-out plotting that has dragged down parts of Season 2?

I honestly was very happy with the pacing of season 2.

– Can we keep Adalind? Raise your hands in the comments if you think she's the best bitchy villain of the season!

Indeed she is. I just hope she acquires some new powers and perhaps cause some new troubles.

– When did Juliette become hugging/sleeping on the couch buddies with Monroe? Does she think he's her good friend since she doesn't remember Nick?

I agree, that was completely off. I think Juliette should have rather seek comfort from Hank instead, since she knew him much better.

I don't know. But since he is a police officer he "supposedly" knows how to handle a crime scene.

– With Adalind's focus on finding out who murdered her mother, will we see Mama Nick return in the future?

My opinion? Definitively. Especially since probaly she also has an extra "special key" laying around in her pocket.

– Will Adalind and Renard get the Grimm Key?

The Grimm supposedly guarded those keys for a loooong time. It would be disappointing if they started to fail now.

– What does the Grimm Key open?

I think it was said in a previous episode. Something to do with a super weapon if memory serves.

– What will happen to Juliette and Renard is they don't lift Adalind's curse?

They will find the recipe to create babies.

They seem to know their attraction isn't natural; if nothing is done, will they hit Hank obsession depths?

See above.

Probably yes. He would understand that it would have been all caused by a magical curse.
I thought the curse only alter memory, I don't see how that could alter Juliette's ability to be passionate, emotional or repressed in any way.
IMO, Juliette represses her emotions -- might be interesting backstory if done right -- so as long as she's repressing, no man will be truly happy with her once the newness of relationship has worn off. But now that the curse has broken her ability to repress, at least for Renard, I'd love to see a Juliette that actually has emotions and passion, for once. Should that happen, and Nick sees it, he might actually want to win her back. But if the curse is broken, would she go back to being dull, repressed, uptight Juliette?
I love villains that keep their composure when meeting with their enemies, so scary under the civil "veneer". Adalind's actress does a fine job pulling this off.
i just assumed Nick was hoping to find his way bad to Juliette's bedroom before all hell broke lose
Anybody else find it strange that Nick's house doesn't have a second bedroom but Monroe's house does?
Very astute observation... kudos. Only thing that makes sense is that Nick and the cardboard fox were a "getting by" couple at one point when they bought the cozy house. Monroe was known to have family and friends stay with him, so it would be necessary to have multiple rooms (even if the second was a deliberate renovation).
-- a month to ponder? That's encouraging. I couldn't find when Grimm comes back on line.

-- Adalind is a b***h and I hope Momma Nick comes back and kicks her butt

-- I hope Nick grows up and starts treating Juliette like an adult. His being so protective is ridiculous. If he's not going to share his life with her, then it's just performance art. When is he going to realize that relationships mean actually sharing who you are not who you pretend to be.

-- Who wouldn't want to be a sleeping on the couch buddy with Monroe! What a honey!

-- Why didn't Monroe tell Nick that Renard came into the shop looking for something to end obsessive behavior after a kiss? Doesn't that give away that he woke Juliette up?

-- I don't care what the key opens, but I hope Adalind doesn't get it. I'd like to see Renard and Nick work together against Renard's brother
I agree with all your comments, especially the last two. Monroe should definitely shared more information with Nick about Renard's visits to the shop. And while I want Nick to find out about Renard's royal connections, he also needs to know that Renard is on his side (as I believe he ultimately is).
-I'm ok w/ the longer seasons, just have less throwaway episodes.

-She's my favorite!-She's a potato chip. Like the saltless, bland kind....

-No, cuz Nick never follows the law....-Yes, for shizzle...

-There's a lot of mystery surrounding this cool looking key. It better open something good. My guess is it opens a

-They're going to end up in bed soon. Juliette will promptly run away, but still....

-If he's smart, NO. Chica is a straight moron.
If I were to guess I'd say the Royals have the other 6 parts of the map and Nick has the only missing part.
Its the only reason why Adalind would come back for this one key.
1. I fear putting that thought or power in NBC's hands...maybe if they did something like their sister station does with their shows that one feeds into another (like Haven will end in three weeks, and I think Merlin picks right up). And I might suggest Grimm and Revolution might benefit from this. I think it will depend on how much longer Grimm insists on keeping up the pretense of the police department rather than just make Nick decide it might be better for him to be private eye.

2. Without any big news announcement...she is a regular on the cast now...I kind of foresee a weird chemistry developing between her and Nick that will have a bit of the forbidden romance element to it.

3. I think she likely just emotionally collapsed on the couch and I think she should have been paying more attention to her instincts all along...like she was never freaked about Nick and she seemed to instantly trust Monroe (when, what is weird, is they weren't that close before the memory wipe).

3. Doubtful..because I think Renard really does want Nick on his side in whatever the coming war is and likely has cleaned up many a crime scene for him.

4. I think so, especially now that the Royal issue is right out there. I actually think that Adalind is very distracted by who killed her mother that it might make her unpredictable to the mission she was sent here on (like, she isn't a true Wesen anymore and knows she is actually lying about her identity to Eric, so I imagine she could give a real crap about the key and the map)

5. No, basically the key is probably as protected as it can be in Monroe's house with Nick. And I wonder, though, the key is actually a map, and if I understood Kelly correctly...just part of the map and the rest is spread among other Grimms.

6. It is a map, so I am guessing a tomb or something (though whether The Vampire Diaries gets to it first...seriously, is Grimm annoyed? There key/map has been around since last season).

6. I don't know, what happens if they consummate the obsession, maybe it becomes as dangerous as Hank's was, maybe there is a happy ever after about the curse so that we can have tense meetings between Nick and Renard afterward.

7. Given his demeanor, unlikely.
Nick's aunt told him that it would be best for Juliette if he left her. Maybe he should use this as an opportunity to do so. I think Nick should be unattached for the moment. And if the time came for him to be with someone, I would like him to be with someone like the cop from New Mexico who is also a vessen.
I also forgot Being human, the in-betweeners, shameless, Coupling, the office and all the other tv shows from the UK before the US did their own versions.
Full episode orders is always a loaded topic of discussion i think, because i live in the UK and anything with a budget bigger than the every-day-of-the-week soap comes in small seasons, such as the brilliant spooks (MI5), teachers,misfits etc. so I would support smaller seasons if they do away with ONLY the filler episodes that go nowhere.
As to Adalind, I like her alot so keep her on. I like villians who can be in the same room as the good guys and not for there to be any fighting ( I just like the sophisticated, gentlemanly Sherlock Holmes / James Moriarty vibe - grudging respect overlaid with downright hatred).
As to Juliette, we all know what will happen with her. she'll be with Renard, then hocus-pocus will be undone, Nick won't want her back etc. this thing gets boring when on repeat.
Nick's Grimm side will always compete with his cop side so i'm interested a little on where that leads, especially with all his monster victims.
Last but not least, bring back Mama Grimm because she brings out Nicks Grimm better than anyone and she can kick serious wesen a**. I'd like her to return as part of the whole Key mystery as well.
I kind of like Grimm just the way it is. I don’t mean they didn’t mess up with a couple of episodes this season so far, but I like fillers from time to time, I enjoy being surprised by the change of pace or atmosphere of an episode. A plot driven (focused) show tends to be the same throughout, and furthermore it might not have a place for the quirky humor and the fun characters (and character development) I’ve come to love Grimm so much for, nor for characters like the awesome Wu and the lovable Bud.
Also in the case of Juliette /Renard relationship, if you really stop to think about it, it’s a really murky, gross, disturbing mess (they are being basically mind-raped and they are painfully aware of it albeit to different degrees) but it’s been dosed to us in such small amounts, creating such a natural progression of things, that in spite of whatever we thought about the story line, most of us couldn’t help but keep watching fascinated by the disaster that was slowly unraveling before our eyes. Had this been a condensed 13 episode season with only 2-3 episodes dedicated to this subplot the effect it had wouldn’t have been nowhere close to what it turned out to be. I mean, there are people I know that just 2 months ago were angry because they wanted Nick and Juliette together and now they are shipping Juliette and Renard and don’t even want to consider anything else!!? (truth be told, Nick being a complete idiot on a couple of important occasions did help a lot). So, yeah, the royal plot is progressing slowly but if Grimm keeps this up I don’t mind the wait.

And about the last question…It might not be a case of Nick deciding whether he wants Juliette back or not. IF she finds out that both men in her life knew a lot more about the events that made her so miserable for the last couple of months, but decided to keep her in the dark and let her squirm and turn in her own personal hell, she will dump both of them and get as far as possible from them (I know I would be pretty disgusted with both of them)… I just hope she does find out everything (the writers have been too cruel to her so far) hopefully from Rosalee (as it seems both Nick and Monroe are reluctant and, paranoid Renard and telling the truth don’t go well together) and if she returns a couple of episodes later she will be more badass and less of a victim. She should act like in those scenes with Monroe all the time, she felt real in that piece.
" I mean, there are people I know that just 2 months ago were angry because they wanted Nick and Juliette together and now they are shipping Juliette and Renard and don't even want to consider anything else!!?"
I feel your pain, bro. lol
at the "Grimm keeps this up" part i didn't mean the obsession curse subplot nor Renard/Juliette relationship ... i was talking about Grimm continuing to be entertaining and pushing our buttons... I've just realized that it can be interpreted in other ways and I don't know how to edit it...
Monroe gets all the best lines. "The dark has its bright side." was my favorite this week.
I loved at the end when it said "to be continued....sorry."
Oh please kill Juliette or give her some essence Mr writers!!! If the course is no possible to break maybe try telling her the truth so she understand what's hapening to her, I can't take another 12 eps of her quizzy expressions and stupid conversations that wont go anywhere.
Quite frankly I like Bitsie Tuloch, but her character is THE WORST. Adalind has way more chemistry with Nick than his so called gf for years; if only there were a way to overlook all the aweful things Adalind has done in the show I would be all up for a NickAlind team, but she has gone far beyond redemption IMO, starting with having slept with Nick's friend & partner following the attempted murders of Hank & Juliette, so yeah, as much as I love that couple I think I would dislike Nick a lot more if he were to fall for her...
Great Episode but I thought the ending could have been better. I liked every thing but it does seem a bit dragged out. I hope next season gets the ball rolling quickly and on to a new big bad.!
Rather than have it be cut down to a single 13-episode season per year, maybe the writers should just view each season as being 2 "chapters" in their overall tale instead of just one, and do 2 11-13 episode arcs as if they were each individual seasons, so that we get the faster pace of the shorter season while still getting the 22-24 episodes that a full season gives us. There's no reason that the show actually has to be curtailed for the writers to do tighter stories, eh? :)

I really hope Nick doesn't go back to Juliette - I've never really understood the attraction there - he just doesn't strike me as someone would would go for the mousier type (even if she can kick butt against a daemonfluer when her life is in danger) and would do better with someone he wouldn't be worried about freaking out upon learning of the Wesen world - someone who can really be a partner to him.

I can deal with Adalind, but in some ways she's almost too gleefully bitchy for my taste. I really want to see her taken down, and more permanently this time!

I do hope we get to start learning more about the Verrat, the Resistance, the Royals and who's doing what to whom and why soon - for me, that's one of the more intriguing aspects of the show.
I loved the "sorry" after "to be continued"!
I've really been enjoying Grimm this season, even the filler episodes are fun.
That was just priceless!
One thing I don't like about this show is the choice of weapons. Why should nick take an oversized baseball bat to this fight instead of a gun? That didn't make much sense. What if the wesen had brought guns? What if there had been people (witnesses) somewhere between his car and the fight site. (That may not have been a problem here, but it will be in other situations).
I've always wondered it Juliette has such a big home, why is there no spare room for Nick - hes been sleeping on the couch
I agree that nearly any show would benefit for 13 episode plotting rather than 22 (13 plot eps with 9 stand alone eps (often called filler, but done for the benefit of the casual viewer). rather than have less Grimm every year though, why not just do a 13 episode arc followed by a 9 episode arc?
Right. The problem isn't really the length of the season. It's that when the writers have an interesting story like the amnesia arc, they drag everything else out to ensure that the first really interesting part of the story will appear in the next "finale", even if that's 13 episodes away. The writers just need to allow themselves to make the earlier episodes better, by letting good stories move along faster. Obviously this means that they will have to come up with more stories.

I also think that this is a better way to get viewers to come back after the break than a "cliffhanger". Just look at Breaking Bad. The end of season 4 didn't have anything that resembled a cliffhanger, but the first episode of season 5 had the highest ratings the show had ever had.
This comment has been removed.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not *invested* in her, all I'm saying is that it would be stupid to kill off the one character who moves forward the storyline. And, at this point, said character is Juliette.
Bitsie Tulloch? ??!!
Lets forget our other discussion in that other place, and take it as a whole show plot/storyline,, Wouldn't it be more accurate to say its Adalind that actually drive the storyline, from the beginning, Aunt Marie death and Nick becoming the Grimm, she went after Hank - Nick had to clue in Hank about wessen world, She got hurt (de-hexen and shunned by both her mother and Renard) so she went after Juliette to hurt Nick (this resulted to her own mother's death and the ongoing/upcoming for/between Nick and Renard). Lastly, she went royal and came back with the ultimatum to about the key....forcing things finally/about to come to head...in the words of our favorite wieder blutbad/part time spice shop caretaker and all time antique clocks enthusiast Monroe "I think the time for being careful is over Nick".
Then again, Adalind can only move the story forward because she has something both Prince and Grimm are *invested* in: without Juliette there's nothing she could use to manipulate any of them. And, as long as she can manipulate them, either or both can make mistakes.
Shorter series would definitely be better. I hate filler episodes.
Adalind is a better villain than the royals at this point. Is Renard even a villain - i wonder if they'll make him join forces with Nick against the royals in the second half of season 2 (or possibly later).
I think the top villain its Adalind, then would be the Verrat, then the Royals and at the very bottom of the list would rank the violent wesen of the week
Wouldn't it be awesome if Juliette was a Wesen (she has a somewhat wesen-ish aura, hasn't she?) and Nick cannot see her as such, as long as he is emotionally involved with her? Nick, hurry breaking up with her, so that we finally can discover her as the villain she really is...
1) Yes, a 13 episode season would make for a more direct storyline.
2) Claire Coffee has already been made a series regular.
3) Yes, she does. She has all her memories minus Nick so she believes she and Monroe are best friends.
4) Eh, some of his actions have to splash back at some point.
5) We better.
6) Probably eventually. Season finale?
7) Nick's mother already said. Something about treasures from the Crusades, an item of unspeakable power.
8) I'm guessing something more physical.
9) ... I have a strange feeling about a Adalind/Nick hook uo.
Is anyone annoyed by the fact that Monroe talked to Renard before and Renard TOLD HIM there was some kind of spell at play. Did Monroe all of a sudden forget this by the shock of finding out it was with Juliette?? This bothered me the entire episode...
I know! I kept thinking the same thing the entire episode! Its like a sudden memory loss on his part.
Yup! And since Juliette spent the night on munroe's couch how could he not have convinced her to go back to the spice shop to break the spell?!
I think Nick is held back by Juliette, and i don't think he character has a necessity to be there anymore.
I think they should get rid of Juliette, probably by killing her.
she will die. soon.
Yeah, lets get rid of Juliette now that she's actually MOVING FORWARD the storyline! Like that would be smart, jeez
This comment has been removed.
Juliette ... hero with relationship always makes for a bad hero, tragedy is what makes heroes thrive, ergo Juliette has to die. The name is program!
i guess the "read a hero's journey" comment was addressed to me so in response i ask you why do you want to make this show fit an already known pattern? i don't want to know what is going to happen and how Hick is going to evolve...i want to be surprised by something different... i hope this show will keep defying patterns and if Juliette dies she will die for a better reason than simply making Nick a tragic hero (and that goes for all characters in the show)
it's a good book, recommended for all really. nb: heroes are always tragic or there is always tragedy where there's heroes, they one doesn't exist without the other, it's like peace can only exist if there is war, without war there cannot be peace. maybe too off topic though, so enjoy the show!
really?... if only tragedy makes heroes worthy in your eyes please go watch another show (there are plenty of show with dead girlfriends/family members around tv as this has been done to death) and leave me my only show that was different from the get go and continues to stay away from these old clichés. Anyway Nick and Juliette are no longer together so your point is no longer valid because the death of an ex girlfriend doesn`t spell tragedy as much as the death of a current girlfriend.
Agreed. Not only the "kill the girlfriend/wife" plot has been done to death, but this both the worst thatcould happen to a Grimm in his hour of need (breaking up) as well as the worse that could happen to any man in real life (ex.girlfriend dating his boss). I've never seen such dilemma in TV before and I'm loving every miniute of it!
read "a hero's journey"
my my don't get too attached to her, she will die you know.
This comment has been removed.
I liked the "To be continued...sorry" at the end. A very introspective commentary on the nature of TV.

- I think any shows that are committed to quality will benefit from shorter seasons. All shows that are pushing out around 22 episodes a year, and maybe targeting a 6-7 season run (+ a movie), will have to resort to filler episodes. That's one of the major pitfalls of the network television season, because people lose interest in shows with drawn out story lines.
- I like Adalind. She is a real Sexenbiest. I just wish there was a little bit more consistency with her presence. Either keep her around longer, have her pop up more often or just kill her off. It's a shame to have her appear just every now and then.
- Yeah, that Juliette-Monroe sleepover was a little random. But I'll allow the writers this kind of a leap to get the story moving. Maybe she does feel Monroe is a connection to the memories she's lost, since she remembers the good times with him, but nothing about Nick.
- Nah, they won't come back to him. But I was thinking exactly the same thing about evidence and Nick leaving bodies after him. Just think about it, after Nick discovered his Girmm side, the murder rate in Portland must have gone up by a lot. From the point of view of the police, these four bodies are not Verrat, but a gruesome quadruple murder which should be their number one priority to solve.
- Sure she will. And we need to find out why she didn't leave the way she promised but took someone's car instead. She must have had a mystery plan of some kind. Maybe she isn't the nice ass-kicking lady we think, she might have a darker side to her. Maybe she is working for someone high up, as a good Grimm should.
- Since Nick took the key, maybe he will hide it somewhere else, and Renard trashes the trailer desperately searching for it. I'm interested what kind of role the other six keys are going to have, since they are apparently in the hands of the other royal families. Is Nick going to Europe at some point to hunt them down? Or maybe one family (Renard's maybe?) already has all the six other keys and are after Nick to get the last one?
- It's the key to someone's heart...no, I don't know. It might be that we'll never find out. The keys might get destroyed by someone "because what they unlock is too big for anyone to discover."
- This curse doesn't seem to have done much so far. Just a little bit of attraction, with Renard maybe suffering a little bit more. I do think that they will break the spell soon, though. Would they ignore the fact that Monroe knows that it's a curse, especially after how he described to Renard how horrible the consequences will be? They must try to break it soon.
- The writers need them to stay in some kind of a contact, right? What reason would there be to keep Juliette around otherwise? I predict that the spell will be broken, Juliette suddenly remembers everything and is remorseful, Nick - the good guy as he is - takes her back, but remains hurt and distrustful. Then Juliette constantly tries to prove herself but Nick just mopes around.
I hope Nick finds a new leading lady in the second half of the season. Someone who is more fun and dynamic then Juliette
He needs to date someone like Adalind or Angelina.
Definitely!
Or a female Grimm! From Europe!!!
I agree they dragged too much, short and sweet like Homeland would be better. At least every episode is VERY exciting. This is kind of like, yeah sure Wesen are doing something again, too much wesen-detective work. I get it already. Get more into the story. This isn't CSI: Portland Wesen Infestation. I would want to see more Royals vs Grimm, and more Grimms too. Nick's not the only one, and with the intern-guy (even though he wasn't a Grimm) it was at least exciting to think there was another Grimm (besides the ones related to him anyway).
About Juliette becoming besties with Monroe, that is at least more understandable than being besties with Adalind all of a sudden, and telling her EVERYTHING so easily.. While up until now she was kind of suspicious of people she didn't know that well. Character development, not so much. Character retrograde, yes very much.
Ever since Hank was let in on the secret i have wanted to see the 3 way partnership. So i hope we will see that after the hiatus. Great episode. I kept wondering if Nick actually left with the key. With Renard i want him not to find the key but to keep Juliette regardless they break the curse or not (I like Renard, a lot, not Juliette , but they do have a chemistry) that way, even if Renard and Nick have to unite against the European royals, they wont be friends a la Nick-Monroe-Hank....it will keep Renard in check especially if he wants to be a "royal" in Portland. His royal-allies in Europe keeps on getting killed by the other royals, so am guessing whatever his agenda is, is at odds with the European royals.
The Grimm key doesn't open anything they want. They want the map it creates
But, don't they need more than one then? Where are the others?
The key is supposedly a map, it was something mentioned in season 1 around 16&17, Nick looked in an Atlas it led to 52* North lattitude something something in Europe, near France from what I saw
the episode was one of the best... no doubt! but (there is always a butt), my most underloved character has been juliet. Not since she lost her memory, but from the beginning. I think, the dynamic between the lead male and female character is not that charismatic(as is should be). Even,in the back of my mind adalind has been quiet a performer since her first appearance. What according to me, is needed is a female lead who can counter balance the male dominance in the grimm world! what do you think?
I think Juliette is finally where she needed to be to make things interesting, the question is who will take her place by Nick's in order to make things interesting in his end.
nothing about juliette is interesting, zero.
Agree about Juliette, but I'm not sure I understand what you're saying about the female lead. I thought Adalind was doing a pretty good job of that (at least in this episode). Hopefully the writers will give her character more airtime.
I think Adalind is awesome, Angelina (R.I.P.) and the Grimm's mother too.
i meant that they should add a female character who can kick ass (in short). i.e. who has a background of grimm world.
Why has Nick still not told Hank about Adalind?
didn't he? wasn't he cautious because of that? he wanted to call Nick as soon as she left so.. but it's kind of vague, agree about that.
What do you mean? He told him that she was a Wessen and thatz why he cracked the cookies joke
OK, thanks. I don't remember that. I thought he didn't seem to know in this episode.
Load More Comments