Grimm's Season 6 Will Be Its Last

Nick Burkhardt (David Giuntoli) and his loyal Scooby have only one more season of hunting Wesen on Grimm.

NBC announced on Monday that Season 6 will be the final season of the horror show, which has anchored Friday nights for over three seasons now. The final season will kick off Friday, Jan. 6 and 8/9c on the peacock network.

Grimm gets a shortened sixth season

The series left off with Mayor-elect Sean Renard (Sasha Roiz) killing Conrad Bonaparte (Shaun Toub) -- officially ending the Black Claw's presence in Portland. According to NBC, the final shortened season will center on one more big showdown between Renard and Nick now that the former is taking control of the local government.

The new season will also see Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee (Bree Turner) grappling with the fact they're about to be parents, while Eve (Bitsie Tulloch) struggles with her alter ego Juliette coming back to the surface.

The final season of Grimm will be followed each Friday by a two hour episode of the Wizard of Oz inspired Emerald City, beginning Jan. 6 at 9/8c. Additionally, NBC also announced that the new season of Celebrity Apprenticewith an all-star lineup will premiere Jan. 2 at 8/7c.

What do you want to see in the final season of Grimm?

This article originally appears on TV Guide.com.

Feb 20, 2017
Do you know how hard it is to find a decent weekly horror show of this calibre? Of course NBC can put more reality shows that involve absolutely no imagination because story based entertainment is so boring and tedious. These sort of shows are being cancelled across all tv company's, and are replaced with cheaply made reality shows are coining the cash in. My rant is STOP THE BRAIN DEAD AND BRING BACK INTELLIGENCE.
Jan 10, 2017
This is one of my favorite shows. Not surprising that it's being canceled as it is a good show and network execs don't have a clue what they should or should not keep on tv. There are 2 reasons I almost gave up on it. First, Juliette got a raw deal she took a risk and sacrificed everything to restore Nick. I held out hope that they were going to bring her back just because I thought there was a reason they took Juliette and Nicks mom's body. I was so happy it paid off, until they messed it up again, I mean really!!!! It was horrific watching how everyone turned on Juliette in an instant and started rallying around Adalind, who don't forget is the cause of all this. Sure didn't take Nick long to jump ship. It was like they just all forgot all the stuff Adalind did and how good Juliette was. Even when Adalind explained to Nick, how strong the HB power is, how it makes you want to do bad and that she didn't want to be one again, he still didn't have any sympathy or regard for Juliette. Like I said only reason I held on was hope that Juliette and Nick would get back together. But at this point it doesn't seem like it. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost a lot of viewers after fake killing Juliette and the viewers that left don't know she's sort of back and then they lost more when they hooked him and Adalind up. Second, it's also hard to swallow that Renard who was one of the likeable strong in charge character is now a weak minion of Black Claw. He didn't put up a fight or even try and get help from Nick and the gang when they first approached him. I was also upset that Misner was killed off. I always thought they would hook him and Adalind up there was chemistry there, not sure if anyone else noticed. I think writers are really struggling trying to figure out how to end it seeing how not much time is left. At this point I don't know what's going to happen, but I do hope they can produce something good. Wouldn't it be awesome if they changed their minds and uncanceled the show!! Has that ever happened? Anyone know?
Jan 04, 2017
I would like to see the mystery of the keys being solved...
Sep 11, 2016
Good. This show suffered from every daytime soap opera trope one can imagine.

Instead of focusing on the antagonists with a good solid major story arc, it got lost in the personal relations of the characters and it went no where at one point.

Here is an example: Adalind got pregnant twice within 2 seasons. The morons of the writing staff never -apparently- bothered to check with the Claire Coffee and if she had any child wish on her list. Which forced the writers hands because the 2nd time she was actually pregnant for real. So she became pregnant and now by the hand of Nick which already sounds like the start of a bad soap opera after she just finished bumping uglies with Renard.

I hope they make the 6th last season a proper one with everything neatly wrapped together.
Sep 10, 2016
Don't understand why they want to cancel "Grimm", plus give it a shortened season. I love the show, the stories and the cast. How much better can you get? You cancel a good show with a great following and put on some stupid reality show, or a "so called" comedy that hardly gets a snicker out of me and many others. What is wrong with you people??? Can never let well enough alone, can you? Why do these executives think they know better then the audiences? I've been watching Grimm since the beginning and hate to see it go. Come on guys, rethink about what you are doing. I am not only going to miss the show, but all the cast members also. Very rarely do you get a cast that fits so good together, and now you want to go and end it. What a bummer!!!!!!!
Sep 03, 2016
Love this show it was different and the cast was great dont know why NBC wants to cancel this show and hope Netflix can take it up to another level it has great potential
Feb 02, 2017
Good to know you love the show Udara, but to answer a quick query you have, NETFLIX don't buy Productions or Series that have already been aired on a Network - NETFLIX is unique in its productions. However, there are others out there who could, and fingers crossed they will. Our resources tell us that Grimm Season 6 has 12 episodes, though there others who say 10 (!!!).
Sep 03, 2016
WHAT?!?!? They must be insane to cancel this show. It´s one of the best shows there is.
Oct 24, 2016
I agree was so shocked when I learned they were canceling. Let us be honest Friday night prime time has been a very had time slot to fill (for any show). I think Grimm did a good job of doing so and NBC will never have a show fill a time slot and do early as well as Grimm. Someone mentioned a Netflix pick up and revamp, I would e in support of that!!
Sep 20, 2016
I agree
Aug 31, 2016
Adieu, Nick, Juliette/Eve, Adalind, Monroe, Rosalee, Wu, Renard. I hope you give us a great last, short season. Please wrap it all up. I have enjoyed you from day one and followed you through the crazy changes of over arching story lines. I want to remember the last season with great satisfaction. A big thanks to Stephen Carpenter, David Greenwalt and Jim Kouf for creating this wondrous mix of cop show and fairy tale.
Aug 31, 2016
I so look forward to Friday nights because of Grimm, so I am definitely going to miss it. I can't believe just one more season and that's it.... and its going to be a shorter season on top of it. That Sucks!!!!!
Aug 30, 2016
I have been a fan since day 1 and I thought this show put an X Files twist on some classic Mother Goose type children's horror. I will miss the show, but I think they should focus on making the best of this shortened season. There is great potential to go out with a bang.
Aug 30, 2016
Six seasons is a lot for any show other than sitcoms or reality-tv. I guess they could keep up making silly silicone masks for these "wesens" pretty much indefinitely but something more needs to be changed in order to keep it fresh. I hope they can make the last season exciting.
Aug 30, 2016
You guys didn't mention it has a very shortened episode run as well. I think it is a shame that it has gone out like that but shows have been screwed over far, far worse.
Aug 30, 2016
I'm going to miss it a lot, but I'm grateful they are giving it the final act the story deserves.
Aug 30, 2016
I'm really sorry that this will be the last season, but at least it ends on its own terms. And I was kinda' expecting this news with the shortened season.
Aug 30, 2016
I never thought this was a great show, but I always thought it was a fun show. I wish it wasn't canceled.
NOOO!!!
Aug 30, 2016
OMG!!! I'm so sad, I love this show. More Trubel in the final season please!
Aug 30, 2016
No. This is my husbands favourite series. He won't watch anything until we have a full season and when they're completed he always demands Grimm first.
Aug 30, 2016
No!!! What is happening? We've lost the Super Syfy package of Warehouse 13, Eureka, Haven etc and now this! cannot cope.
Though the show has taken a downward turn recently, it is still really fun to watch. a final season will have to include getting rid of Juliette (really annoyed Eve couldn't just die in the finale guys and wrap that one up), Renard going away, Nick / Adalind together (they have a kid together and who wouldn't prefer scary, sexy Adalind over Juliette) and the full resolution of Nick's supergrimm / uberzombie past
Aug 30, 2016
I can't say I'm surprised. The shortened season made it likely. Hopefully, it means that we'll get a decent ending.

I've watched it since the beginning, and it really wasn't that great a show. I always enjoyed watching Silas Weir Mitchell and he was probably the only reason I stayed with it during the first season. When Bree Turner joined, Rosalie and Monroe continued to be the best thing in the show, but the rest of the characters were fine (except Juliette, urgh!) Unfortunately, they've been largely relegated to a plot device now.

I've always thought that Grimm could have been so much better if it had good writers. But, it didn't, unfortunately. But, six seasons isn't a bad run and probably better than they deserved.

This means that unless I get hooked on something new this fall, I won't be watching anything on NBC.
Aug 30, 2016
It was absolute trash from the very start folks. Nothing important has been lost.
Aug 30, 2016
Could be barely go through the very first episode and never watched it ever again after that!
Jan 04, 2017
But here you are. Still commenting after 5 seasons... DUH!
Aug 30, 2016
Six seasons seems epic in this day and age of fast and arbitrary cancellations. I must admit though, I stopped watching Grimm midway through Season 1 so I've always been surprised it's lasted this long.
Eh.......

OOH I'm not sad to see it go, last couple of seasons plot just plodded on, being increasingly reliant on wesen of the week format at the expense of everything else. and when story arches were introduced they were there for a bit and then dropped.

OTOH this will leave so many things unanswered. Coins for example. Or origins of Wesen and Grimms. Wesen council.....
Aug 30, 2016
ATA: the problem is that bay season 3 writers realsied they had a show with good ratings on their hands and stopepd trying really hard to write good story and it went downhill form there.
Dear Grimm Writers,

Just give me Nickalind and the wee baby Kelley, Hank as the new Captain (Renard has got to be dunzo), Detective WereWu and Monrosalee with their new baby.

Thanks in advance.
Pretty much all of this plus Juliette gone ..forever ..finally
Aug 31, 2016
Agreed.

This too please.
Aug 30, 2016
Sad to see it go. It was a good show as a whole. It was kind of obvious though that they were trying to tie up loose plots and bring things together for a final season. Just wished they would have more episodes to close things out. However, if a shorten season means bigger budget, and less filler, I'm all for it.
Aug 30, 2016
Haven't watched this show since the third season. After that, it became too formulaic for me and there was better stuff to use up my time. I *may* end up watching it someday...or maybe not, much like the past 5 years of Supernatural...
Aug 30, 2016
it was a good idea indeed, but they fall for the monster of the week to keep making it new viewers friendly and the great huge themes and plots that bring up took to damn much to develop, and poping up characters like nicks mom and rebel was the girl grimm? just to kill them and vanished them off to appear out of the blue, the coins, the keys, the treasure, the royals, the wessen council, the baby, after baby, the pondering on the love life....someone stay in the 90s for pacing and building up, more in a freaking network that axes shows left to right no matter what caring nothing for the public
is a shame that took it 5 season to rush in like 3 episodes the key plot just to be a piece of magic wood, that is obviosly some kind of christ chross wood that probably will be left unclear in the new season, as was the coins plot, or the royals...again, they rush to bring a lot of characters that promised too much to end up choping them off and keep focusing on themes that nobody care when like juliete and adalind...
good riddance and hope something new comes this way....or gets picked by netflix and gets a new improved production team.....
Aug 30, 2016
I'm from Portland. The only reason I kept watching this was because they actually set a show this weird and bonkers where I live. I guess there's always The Librarians, but for how long?
Aug 30, 2016
During the Final Season of Grimm I would like to see Nick reunited with his son Kelly and Adalind if possible. I would like to see Grimm have a good ending.
Aug 30, 2016
They switched Adalind and Juliette's roles in the series so fast it gave me whiplash. Nick had to forgive a LOT of Adalind's crap to start kissing her, but.....I'll take it, anything's better than Juliette.

Kinda worried he'll go back to Juliette in the finale! I know that doesn't make sense, but nothing else does.
Aug 30, 2016
I wasn't surprised at all. Let's be real, getting to 6 seasons for any show is pretty good. Even if the last season starts late & ends early. Hopefully they will give it a decent ending.
Aug 30, 2016
If they hadn't dropped the keys after the first episode or two of season 2 and kept the plot moving forward on that front, they most likely wouldn't be in this situation. In my opinion, the focused WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY too much on Juliette and TRYING to make her relevant since the premiere of season 2 and that's what detracted a lot of people from continuing to watch after AT LEAST the middle part of season 2. A lot of people (including me) complained on the Grimm Facebook page about the amount of plot was devoted to Juliette when they dropped the keys like hot potatoes, but the producers and/or writers (or whoever) runs the Facebook page didn't want to listen to the feedback which is why the viewership has been steadily dropping since season 2.
Aug 30, 2016
One question and I need answers: what ever came from Nick's zombie-like ability?
Aug 30, 2016
They kicked in when needed and then aded out. I.e. when they were chasing suspect super-hearing activated but once caught his hearing returned to normal. There was no reason or logic to it beyond 2required by plot"
Aug 30, 2016
Right. I noticed that too.
Aug 30, 2016
They kind of came back when he lost his grimmness but then they forgot them again. I really want his zombie powers back.
probably nothing
Aug 30, 2016
At its heart it is a good show. But it has been poorly produced, my guess is too many notes from NBC execs that know nothing. But it is sadly the best show right now on NBC and that says a lot. I think it has been muddled for the past couple of seasons, but I would like to see it end strong. And for crying out loud bring back Nick's Zombie powers.
Aug 30, 2016
Inconsistent story lines, muddled plots. What happened to Super-Grimm Nick? What about the piece of the True Cross? (what, you didn't know?)
The threads are so tangled and half buried under each other, it's like tripping on an old throw rug.
But I still enjoy Nick, and I could've enjoyed Adalind...if Claire Coffee could act worth a damn. I just wish the Story hadn't gone this way...
Aug 30, 2016
I saw it coming as soon as Renard started going bad. Now that he has Adalind and Kelly, there has to be an epic showdown between he and Nick. And Nick can't just play it off as necessary after killing a police Captain. He'll have to go away one way or another.
Aug 30, 2016
I just hope before it's over that Eve can wear a Gary Spivey wig....just once. I still enjoy the show, but I am getting used to the fact that only the cable channels, Netflix and Amazon will be future sources of non garbage. Broadcast just sucks.
They had a good run
Aug 30, 2016
Probably for the best. I enjoy Grimm, but it's running on fumes. Best for it to go out on its own terms than to try and push for another season and get pulled off life support.
Aug 29, 2016
Maybe Netflix or Amazon will save it
Aug 29, 2016
Stupid NBC.
Aug 29, 2016
Sucky news.. hope a spin off will be considered at some point.
Aug 30, 2016
The Adventures Of Adalind, and her now teenage son who must stop the world domination plans of his evil maniacal sister! 13 episodes of magical mayhem this fall on Netflix, from the producers of Stranger Things!

....Yeah, I'm really dreaming here....
Aug 31, 2016
Actually.. that.. would work well.. Grimm the next generation. Kill off Nick before he can down the torch.. Awesome!
Aug 30, 2016
Sadly the way the show is now any spin off could be considered only for about 5 seconds and they don't have enough episodes left to improve it when they used so many seasons to destroy completely some nice plots.
Aug 29, 2016
Has anyone read the Grimm comics, are they good? it'd be nice if they were to continue the story in that medium
Aug 29, 2016
WHY?
Aug 29, 2016
Though i still like the show, it hasn't been as fun to watch as it was in previous seasons, so, yeah, good call ^^
Aug 29, 2016
WHY?
Aug 29, 2016
Well that was a good call... The writers were clueless. Too many ways to go with the story yet the story moved so slow.
Aug 29, 2016
Oh, wow. The announcement about PLL's season 7 being its last was not a surprise. I thought it had been announced months ago. But this news about Grimm is a surprise. I didn't expect them to aim for a CSI or Bones length show, but thought they were still going for seven seasons.

I wonder how they will manage to tie up all the loose ends during a shortened season. In my mind even a regular season would not be enough considering how slowly the show has moved forward. There are topics the show has barely even began tackling during five seasons, how will they finish them during a shortened sixth season? We know of course they won't, and that'll be a shame. That's the problem with filling seasons with filler episodes instead of moving the main plot forward. When a show is then suddenly cancelled, everything is left up in the air. I'm personally still interested what happened to the remaining keys (I always talk about them), they have to finish the plot with the royals, what'll happen to Nick's love life, and a long time ago they even mentioned some royal family in Asia, whatever happened to that? What does a shortened season mean? Probably 14-15 episodes. That's just not enough.
Aug 29, 2016
Oh My God! Why don't they just cancel EVERYTHING and put shitty reality shows on, I mean for Pete's sake!!!
What do I want to see in the final season of Grimm?
More Grimm, Thanks
Aug 29, 2016
Don't worry, that's how it's eventually going to end, and by 'it,' I mean scripted drama on broadcast television.

There are just too many creative and financial hurdles for broadcast networks in the way the business model currently works for the model to be sustainable over the long-term. Without significant, fundamental changes in how broadcast television is created and financed, it's only a matter of time before we have nothing but reality TV and live sports on broadcast TV.
Aug 30, 2016
Like that's any better than the majority of network shows today, being sterile procedural formulas assembled in a factory by robots. I'm waiting for the reveal that "Emerald City" is a procedural set in Chicago.
Aug 30, 2016
You know, it could be worse. 5 minutes of Big Brother season 1000001 and 55 minutes of ads...