Guys, Let's Talk About The Vampire Diaries' "After School Special" and Also THE FUTURE

Welp, by now you've likely heard the sad news:

Indeed it's true, our beloved Price Peterson has departed TV.com to pursue a new and exciting opportunity (that's not sarcasm; Tim and I are totally happy for him!). While he's not necessarily gone forever (pls Price come back!), obviously this means no more photo recaps, at least for the time being. I know the timing isn't particularly great given that the show just returned last night from its winter hiatus, but hey, them's the breaks.

Which brings me to the reason(s) for this post. First and foremost, I wanted to give you a place to talk about "After School Special." Please consider this story a bit of an open thread to discuss the episode. And second, I wanted to let you know that we will certainly not be giving up on TVD; many of TV.com's regular writers watch the series, and I am currently thinking about how we might want to cover it in the second half of the season (i.e. "regular" weekly review or something else?). If you've got ideas, let's hear them in the comments!

Anyway, thanks everyone for understanding. We will all get through this together!

Love,
Jen

P.S. I talked to Price this morning and he says hi and he loves you all.

OmfreakingG i love Stefan! Elena is a fucking whore! Damon needs to go somewhere. And my dear sweet loving beautiful Stefan is suffering from heartbreak because of that goddamned tramp! ugh! i could kill her!
Remember when your dear sweet loving beautiful Stephan broke up with her to go on a killing rampage where he literally murdered a ton of people? Good times.
well,first of all i am really going to miss the recaps..i hope that whatever they decide to do from now, it wont be just simple reviews.after price's recaps , a plain review would be boring :( when it comes to thursdays episode i really enjoyed it. rebecca's come back was amazing and all that compulsion "torture" was genious. april became slightly more interesting but still its a long way until she's actually NOT a pointless character. i'm sorry to say i dont feel sad (at all) for stefan and his loss of his "epic love". he was getting so exhausting with elena im really glad she's not in love with him any more. i gotta admit when she called damon and told him she loved him my heart pounded like crazy.it was a great scene.and the last thing i want to add is now that klaus messed it up so bad by killing tylers mom im afraid caroline wont be able to fall for him ever :/ too bad they make a very..interesting couple.
Honestly, I REALLY enjoyed this episode, but I expected more from April's character. I dunno, I was expecting Rebekah to have this sisterly love towards April, but April is just like a slave for Rebeka. April's character is pretty useless so far......
Sooo are we gonna get a recap?.......maybe?........anyone?
Elena <3
I liked the episode...but I'm really hating on Stefan...his attitude is giving hate-feelings towards him that i didn't have before..and say that Elena slept with damon!! I meen they broke up first...and he decided to go to caroline's that night!! if would have stayed at the salvatore damon and elena wouldn't have slept together..so i thing he's playing martyr and I'm agreeing with what I have read on twitter from @sexygoddamon about Stefan's position on the erase memory thing...
Where the F is Elijah? Get back here right away, you handsome litte man!
Price will be missed as his Funny recaps was what makes me watch the show and without them i dont appreciate as much, The episode was meh and felt like a soap opera with Rebekah wasting screentime on a topic that should be a foregone issue. Damon was just a bystander the entire episode and the only thing worth mentioning is that Bonnie is turning into a super witch that can do almost anything now.
To discuss the episode: I'm very slowly starting to dislike the Stelena's heartbreak story. I've seen The Breakfast Club and I loved it. it was about 5 students, who shared their inner fears and secrets, but in this episode it was almost only about Elena and Stefan and I was totally with Caroline when she suddenly raised her hear from the desk to whine: "Seriously?!" I can only imagine the sequence of pictures and funny comments Price would give us about it.
OK, there was a little bit of Rebekah too - something about her terrible 1000 years long life or afterlife or what is it and I have another plea: Please give this poor girl some good story-line - enough of misery for her. Also, do not dagger her - if she is going to get her own show with the rest of the originals we need to have as much of her as we can get.
And I'd like to know more about Kol's personality too - He seems to have a lot of vicious jokes up his sleeve - the way he smiles - I'm interested in his personality more than the killing or beating he keeps doing all the time.
Sorry for all the bitchin :-)
Thank you for this episode I liked it.
I really did :-D
Have a nice day
agree with you the whole Stefan and Elena bore me to death and i was totally with Caroline when she interjected with that seriously, Rebekkah last season was one of the best thing in TVD but the last episode proves that she is better off staked than anooying and spoiling everything about the show.
also i really enjoyed the episode. A lot happened, and im glad Stefan's finallly moving on from that bipolar woman that is Elena.
"bipolar woman that is elena"....... nice one you got my thumbs.... ;p
omg price:'( you will be misssed. I only started reading your reviews, so im not too attached but they were funny!
bottom line: you need to get a witty photo recapper for TVD. pronto. how about lily sparks? this what this site is all about. make it happen.
I WANT CORY!
No. She isn't funny. And she doesn't write well.
how long do "we need to talk"??? when does someone step in for price (TVD and AHS!)???

miss price so much, but wishing him all the best. still grieving, though. nevertheless: please, tvdotcom, get it together and find someone to step in! having no recaps at all is not making it better, at least not for me.
About the episode, I liked it. Klaus and Damon sharing the screen wow, awesome! And finally Damon is loved by someone, I don't think we ever heard someone say I love you Damon, and his smile just melted my heart.

We had Kol, Rebakah and Klaus, all of them more sassy then ever, I just miss Elijah. I just don't like the way they show Stefan always as a victim, he has serious issues.

How can he say (an trully believe it) that he and Elena broke up because she slept with Damon? That's not true, they broke up before. Because he knew she has feelings for him. I'm done with Stefan, I hope that Rebekah bring more fun, I'm enjoyng Stebekah scheming!
I'll miss Price recaps forever, but I'm happy that you won't give up on TVD. Please, a weekly review or recap would be awesome. If it would be funny, even better!
damen and elena together and everything will follow in the right direction...
If this was one of Price's recpas we'd be having about 400-500 comments by now.. :(
The show needs to move into a new direction. The cure plot is wasting everyone's time and the reasons for it are not event relevant. Stefan still wanting to cure poor Elena so she can go back loving him? The 100+ years old vampire pining over and 18 year old brat is simply disturbing.

Stop movie in circle and let's see some character development please. The love triangle is tiring. I seriously thought they would give it a rest when Damon said he loves Elena human or vampire. It seems to me that is what love should be.
what ? Damon pined after her for three seasons. Theyre all old vampires pining after teenage girls .Plus , hes going to move on with Rebekah in the next episode.
At this point, Stephan can move in with Matt for all I care. He just needs to move on from this love triangle and not look back.
:D
I'm seriously too upset that Price is gone to have formulated any real thoughts about this episode.

In regards to future TVD recaps, I definitely think the "We need to talk" needs to go up Thursday night or Friday morning. It's become such a ritual that I felt lost this week. Like, lost about my whole life...because I didn't have anyone to talk to about a tv show. And it prevented me from fully processing what happened. I realize I should probably be spending my time thinking about world peace or ending hunger or something, but I'm much better at thinking about television. This is a fact.

But enough about my unhealthy attachment to tv shows (I'm sure I'll be on here spreading my depression when there's no photo recap of the AHS finale). I think the #1 priority should be providing a place to discuss new episodes shortly after they air. Aren't TVD fans notoriously rabid? I wouldn't take that away.

In regards to an actual review, I think even just having a list of LOL and WTF moments would suffice. Am I wrong?
BUT YES I WOULD HAPPILY REVIEW THEM. I KNOW TVD LIKE THE BACK OF MY HAND. AND I LOOK AT THE BACK OF MY HANDS FREQUENTLY JUST SO I CAN SAY THAT. :D

I WONDER WHAT THE CRITERIA TO GET ON TV.COM WOULD BE...
Not typing in all caps would be one of them
Hahaha, oops!
Haha ;)
Please review them. I want my reviews. It's--It's just not the same without them.
seriously, i just teared up. I mean I obviously have emotional issues but still, tvd isn't tvd without reading price's recaps in order to organize my thoughts. I'm tired of yelling at my tv screen every thursday talking to myself, having my mother give me dirty side long glances, I NEED PRICE'S RECAPS. *breathe in, breathe out.
We all have emotional issues when it comes to TVD ;)
I just can't even think about commenting on the show, I think I'm gonna need a few days to recover emotionally from losing Price. I just came with such expectations, I didn't know he was leaving I only come here to read his recaps so I've been caught by surprise. Good luck and all the love in the world to Price, you will be missed.
Hi, Just wondering becuase Price has left does that mean that there will be no more Totally Tubular?
The most surprising thing about this episode was Bonnie's dad. I'd been under the impression that Bonnie was one of the many orphaned teen homeowners wandering around Mystic Falls but the minute I saw him I knew he was Bonnie's father because he was the only other non-wasp in the room. However his decision to accept the job and decide to protect his daughter, where the hell has he been for the last three or four years while his daughter has been risking death on a weekly basis at all hours of the day and night without the slightest concern of getting grounded? He decides to step in now when she's a few months away from legally being an adult? There is a serious lack of decent parenting taking place in Mystic Falls, really the kids should just stage a coup d'etat and take over the Council, the supernatural teens show more talent and diplomacy then the majority of the day-drinking adults in the town.
Bonnie's Dad was a traveling pharmaceutical rep
Yeah that was mentioned in the episode but I still think that if he could come back to be Mayor then maybe he could have come back after her grandmother died and she was living alone
the behavior of all the "adults" is quite silly/illogical....kind of like how time goes by in mystic falls. It's probably in a parallel universe:)
I am so over this love triangle, I just wish Stefan would be fine with it and move on and maybe become Ripper again because then he was so much fun. And Damon is half way to become the lovesick-do-no-harm version of Stefan anyways. There should be only one of those coz they are boring as hell. #TeamRipper
"do no harm" version? He sided with Klaus in the turning of a whole bunch of innocent people into vampires so Jeremy could kill them. That doesn't really support your hypothesis.
Yeah but it is all for Elena´s sake. And the mellow version of Stefan was always ready to do whatever in order to save her, so basically they are the same character now. Damon is not comfortable with it, but he will do whatever, how many times did Stefan do the same thing even though he was a "do no harm" version of himself?
Also I am speaking in the context of a world where there are vampires, werewolves, witches, hybrids ect... a low level of constant violence is a pretext, especially in Mystic Falls. So, in my mind, "do no harm" versions of vampires have not ruled out using violence if necessary. If this makes any sense to anybody :D Damon never used to feel sorry that he needed to kill a bunch of people, now he did everything he could to avoid it. One could argue that he is only trying to be nice for Elena and he would not be like this if she were not in the picture. And that is my whole point, the love triangle makes them kind of boring and predictable. One of the three should balance the soppiness out. I am not really in it for the teen angst thing. Just my opinion though.
More +
I didnt get one thing - Damon asked Elena to come but instead of seeing her, he went to a bar with Jeremy, Klaus and Matt to kill vampires. What was that about?
I was wondering about that too. My only guess is that the lake house is like, hours away? Either that or he's just pranking Elena,which is totally fine. I would abuse that sire bond all day long. "Drive many miles to see me immediately LOL jk I'm at a bar. Go home."
Am I the only one who is quite pissed about the whole "cure thing" and "I want human life"? Like.. what human life? Is there any disadvantage to be a vampire? I don´t see one.. You are pretty, fast, strong, immortal, have enough time, money, can do all the fun stuff. To be human means work all the time, be poor, not good enough, stuck in marriage with someone horrible or boring, lose family, never find any point in life, fight with sickness and old age, never have enough time, be fragile etc. That´s maybe one reason why I like Klaus - he seems to enjoy it..I would be really happy for some series where vampires wouldn´t be whinny idiots who - for some reasons - want to be human again.
I admit I was kind of sad for her when she turned knowing that she'd never experience some things that she wanted, like children and growing old. But now all I keep thinking is, are they idiots? They spent 3 years trying to protect that girl when everything tried to kill her. She has had more near death and real death experiences than any character on the show starting since when she and her parents first went off that bridge. So after all that, you want to take away her immortality? It's obvious the universe wants her dead. Yet you want to make her vulnerable to permanent death again? Are you serious?
Here's the interesting thing I'm seeing now: Stefan nor Damon really want to turn Elena back to human just so she can BE human. Now that the sire bond is recognized, the paramount importance for the boys is getting Elena UN-sired, so that they can find out her real feelings for Damon. The only real way to unsire her is to make her human again. Since we all know that she loves Damon alllllll on her own (the sire bond just makes her able to admit it), human Elena will confirm that she loves Damon. And I'm pretty sure that one of the strong options at that point will be that she will CHOOSE to become a vampire again. It's always been made such a big deal through the seasons that Elena thought being a vampire was The Worst Thing Ever and all the threats and it finally being "forced" upon her......I think it would be completely perfect and logical that after being "rescued" (given the cure), she would realize that - Hey, this vampire-thing is kinda perfect for me and my crazy crazy life!
Congrats to Price. He'll be missed. Also, I'm with the majority that say that it'll be easier if the person who sort of takes over doesn't have the exact same format. The questions always make things fun. But then again so does Price and the pictures. :(
-I don't know what to say you guys? This sucks!

-I wasn't as invested in this episode. I cannot lie. I was however invested in Jeremy's t-shirt.
-Klaus and Damon should team up all the time and be badass together. So the team's go as follow Team Stebekah, what they have going for them is revenge, heightened emotions, and basically pissy pms problems. They also have Caroline, because no matter what anyone says Caroline is sired to Stefan. They run on emotion...may not work to their advantage in the scavenger hunt for the cure. Team Bane/Shonnie (probably the last one because the first one actually sounds badass and they aren't) They have black magic...er I mean "expressions" on their side. Shane with his sketchy folklore knowledge but no actual magic of his own? Their problem might be the fact that Bonnie has frequent nosebleeds, flickers candles,and floats feathers and I still haven't seen her actually possess these crazy mad skills that Shane says she has. Plus she wants to bang Shane so she's prone to distraction, and Shane doesn't want to bang her even though he totally likes screwing with her head. I'm gonna say no. Then we have Team Klamon. FTW baby. You have two impulsive badasses that rotate between turning off the emotions and using them to make irrational and bloody choices. They have the inexperienced but kinda badass vampire slayer. They have the sword. (There's a phallic joke in their somewhere, I ain't touching it though...huh, another joke). They also have the poor quarterback who may be useful somehow and possibly sired vampire Elena with a penchant for self sacrificing herself. I thinks Team Klamon has the edge. Boom. My choice.
-No moment was more satisfying as that moment when Elena realized that when Caroline said she was Team Stefan, she seriously meant Team Stefan, as in her friendship with Stefan trumps her friendship with Elena, that girl she's known her entire life and claims to do anything for. Look, I'm not a big Elena supporter, but I can't with Caroline anymore. I just can't. Her friendship with Stefan shouldn't have to be at the expense of her friendship with Elena. You just don't do that. You don't. End of story. Caroline is too far gone up Stefan's fine but too self righteous arse for me to go back to enjoying her the way that was. I'm back to those Season 1 Caroline feelings. As you said eloquently said before, my dear. "You. Suck." I like STefan, but he's always been this soul sucking, awesome sucking kinda dude. He sucks the awesome out of people. Maybe that's what he really gets off on, because clearly it ain't the bunny blood.
-Rebekah was bitchy again. April was mostly useless again. Although there was this moment where I thought my television screen would spontaneously combust when two character plot devices shared the same screentime. It didn't, thank God, but April did choke and bleed to death, and Bonnie watched and cried about Shane,so it was close.
- I chuckled through the revelations in the library. I mean Rebekah remembered that she can compel vampires. Good for her. And they somehow ignored the fact that Tyler can no longer be compelled...yay for the traditional inconsistencies. And yet unlike The Breakfast Club it was not as satisfying as it should have been with all this petty compelling people to share hurtful things thing because we were being TOLD stuff instead of being SHOWN stuff. Plus, if this could really be done, then why not just have Damon override his compulsion and compel Elena to tell the truth about her feelings for Damon anyway?
-Why the return of Kol? The most uninteresting Original of them all. Even suicidal Finn piqued my interest a little.He got a spiffy new haircut and kissed Rebekah's ass. He'd have been infinitely more interesting if he were freaking ELIJAH!!! Where is ELIJAH?! Ahem.
-Racial progression. They made a "witch" person Mayor!!! Then again, since both the witch people and the mayors die all the time, maybe that wasn't progress after all. Plus, they went through six people before they settled on him, that included the MF barber, the dude that fills the retro vending machines, a few of the MF High teachers who figured they'd have a better shot at seeing their students as Mayor then they did teaching Arithmetic, and the pizza girl who thought she was safe when she declined but then she delivered pizza at Killer hot guys Cabin of Horror.
- I still don't even know what's going on this season. I lie not. I've seen every single episode and I'm lost.
- This is hard. I'm really going to miss Price. But best of luck to him.
A sword joke. LOL (Not sure what this says about our/my maturity level. (Not sure I care)) Nice breakdown of the teams. I will support Klamon forever. Probably means I'm sired to one/both of them. Tyler CAN be compelled. He was never uncompellable, just unsired. There's probably a difference, but I have no idea what it is. Sorry you're confused, love. This was a classic TVD episode where you initially think EVERYTHING happened and then later realize that NOTHING happened. (Except tank-tops at Camp Nowhere)
Ha! We're too awesome to care, chica. I'm enjoying Klamon for as long as I possibly can. TVD leaves me in a perpetual state of bafflement. I'm about used to it by now. Exactly!
Tyler is no longer sired to Klaus, but that does not mean he cannot be compelled. Those are two different things.
Btw, does this mean the SNL recaps are over??
I've been thinking, and I think that Elena's change in character is because of her sire bond.
Do I think her sire bond caused her feelings for Damon? No, because her feelings had to have been there for the sire bond to have even occurred. But I do think her sire bond is the reason why she has been acting so differently.

The first thing Damon told Elena wasn't "you need to drink from the vein" it was "be a vampire" and ever since then she has been acting like a vampire.

- She became angry at the drop of a hat like many vampires do.
- She drank from the vein because that's what Damon told her that's what vampires do.
- Hallucination-Damon (when she drank were-wolf venom spiked beer) said that the reason she was seeing him was 'because she was a vampire now and part of her knew she was more like him than she was like Stefan'
- When she attacked Matt, Damon told her 'she's a vampire now she just needed to learn the right way to be one, and he would teach her.'
- Elena herself told Damon that 'when he tells her what a vampire should be, she believes him, but she hates it because she doesn't want to be like Damon.'
- Damon told Elena vampires kill people, and so she killed someone.

Seems to me like everything that Elena has done since she turned was try to "be a vampire," (like Damon told her to). Thing is, a vampire is the complete opposite of what Elena was, which is why she seemed so conflicted before, and why she seems so different now.
You are a very smart and observant man/woman! I've always been confused about the sirebond rules and how it affects Elena but I've always blamed it as inconsistence of the writers, but those three words "be a vampire" describes how it all makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up. :D
Price come back!!

Life with TVD, after Price being gone, is UNBEARABLE. That God-awful episode didn't help matters. In the past, after a meh episode we always had the solace of the photo-recaps giving us something to smile about. Now its gone...all gone :(
may i write the reviews??? :)
Not a very good episode IMO too little Damon and Klaus
Without Price, I at least want someone to start a "Let's talk about tonight's episode" article every Thursday evening, and if anyone there is enthusiastic about the show without having strong "shipping" opinions, that person should do a review. Price. :(
Priiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!! Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Price, I just want you to know... you were right... about Beauty and the Beast... about everything.
I just didn't get when stefan asked to have his memory wiped, elena was like, "stefan, no". Why does she care when she has no feelings for him? Really, at the end of the day elena has been a total waste of time to stefan! Id have my memory wiped too!
What I don't get is why would Stefan team up with Rebekah after what she just put him through. It's not like Elena was the one who forced them to that school, told Stefan she was in love with her brother and wasn't in love with him anymore. Rebekah compelled her to tell him the truth because she got a kick out of hurting him. Why after all that would you turn around and team up with someone who just said to your face that they hope you spend an eternity in complete misery?
this is true. but to be fair, no body thinks properly when they have a broken heart. All in all i feel like everyone is being stupid and the only reason i keep watching is in hopes that Alaric, rose, or katherine comes back. ok honestly i'm addicted to the show and the fact that i think every man on this show is hotter than fried jalapenos is another reason why i stick around lol...Jeremy in a white beater..mmm!
Elena chose to hide the truth from Stefan. At the end of the day the two people who basically "told" Stefan the truth were Caroline and Rebekah, not Elena or Damon.
good point! cowards! and what is worse. I always felt so bad for damon, but now i hate elena and damon together. If i knew them getting together was going to cause THIS much freakin drama, i would have just stayed a elena/stefan shipper. Cant we just ship elena away? this would solve all problems lol. jk
I think Elena is a little self-absorbed and wants to keep Stefan on the string in case Damon doesnt work out
Or maybe she knows he's pretty much on the edge & that a small shove would be enough to 'Ripper' him.
I think I am liking Caroline more than Elena. Caroline has certainly grown as a character since her first appearance.
Are you serious?
Yeah, talking about your best friend's sex life to her ex-boyfriend behind her back is a sign of "character growth". Her character evolved in seasons 1-3, but this season she seems to be regressing.
This comment has been removed.
Let's be reasonable. While there can be no "replacement" for Price, we all know that we want the weekly synopsis in some form or fashion. Instead of comparing the next person to Price, why don't we just let that person be whoever they are and enjoy it?
Ps. The only reason I watch this show at all is because of Price and now I'm hooked in. No joke, I read a photo recap before I ever watched the show, so I know how devastating it is to lose our weekly recaps. (Lulz, devastating.)
Couldn't help but to think of what Price would say when Bonnie told Shane "Come on, distract me". You guys thinking what I'm thinking? ;)

January/february/mars (I somehow can't remember her name) is so useless. Seriously why is she even on this show? I thought that she would be some backround character in the first like 3 episodes and then we'd have a plot twist and she would become mighty interesting. But so far.. No. Also, has anyone else noticed that the actress playing September (was i right this time?) is the only girl on the show who isn't super skinny? Not that it matters. I was just pointing that out.
I agree, she just annoys me and adds nothing to the show
I usually feel bad for Stefan, cuz he can't get any slack with fans and its just stupid. But I felt bad for him in this episode up until he decided to still look for the cure for Elena to see how she felt for his brother or how much, whichever, whatever...Elena said that she is in love with his brother, but loves him. There is a difference and Stefan needs to stop obsessing over it. She doesn't want to be with him right now, she wants to be with Damon and he should respect her decision, which he is not doing and its pissing me off. And I hope Klaus finds the cure before his sister does because I would rather Klaus stay the way he is, besides I keep hearing that there is going to be an original spinoff(which i am all for) and they def need Klaus for that...I miss Elijah so much, where is he!?!?It was great to see Kol and I hope they have more of him as well...Elena still bores me, no matter what or who she is doing(even though she is a vampire) And how did Bonnie know where Shane was? I don't think that was explained..Rebecca annoyed me and probably will continue to annoy me from here on out. I do think the cure, which i am so tired of hearing about already, should be used on Rebecca to make her human so that she can be a teenager, but if the rumor of a spinoff is to be believed then that wont happen either which sucks, because she should be human and find love unless they can somehow get Silas to bring her dead lover back to life...And how does Kol know about Silas? I hope that gets explained and how did Bonnie know who Kol was, when she never saw him before? I have a lot of questions and i swear I watched the episode like 3 times, which I even had a marathon of all 3 seasons that are out on DVD, plus the episodes that I have downloaded of season 4, which is everyone thus far and I am still having all these questions...anyway I don't care about Delena, never have, never will...I want the Salvatore brothers to stop fighting and banned together to stop this new evil, which is apparently Silas, I think...I am sorry if i made no sense and the writers need to stop making Stefan such a baby.And I am still for Klaus and Caroline and bring back Elijah, I need my fix
April.... she started off this season with the potential of becoming ....anything really, but she became this little pseudo know it all, with an annoying attitude. "Maybe they'll start telling the truth for ONCE." And then everyone rolls their eyes, because she really doesn't have a clue what she's talking about.

Grow up April, you're the only one on that show acting your age. I know you're in a weird high school where no one has to actually go to school or has their parents (because they're all dead or gone) go to court because no one ever goes to school, unless that random history class that they did every now and then, but now that Alaric's gone, there's no chance. I digress, the point I was going to get to was anyone else notice how they all act like they're in their mid-20s?

Anyways(rant)... April... something's got to change there, she just made it to the top of the "annoying characters that we all want to have killed off" list.

Ps. Was anyone else waiting for Bonnie to kiss Shane? like 2x? lol
Pss: Now that Stefan is a free man, maybe it's time to bring Katherine back???
I would love to see Stefan with Caroline..think they would make an awesome couple and Bonnie needs to be back with Jeremy...Shane is a shadypants and i hate his character
Still upset that April survived. For about 10 seconds I thought Bonnie was actually gonna get a real 'dark arc'. Complete with murder & everything. 'I almost killed someone' is more of a 'whiny arc'. And lets face it, she's had plenty of those.
On an unrelated note, where's Haley?? Don't tell me tyler ran her outta town?
Also, am I the Only 1 wonderin where Elijah disappeared off to? Saving Hope's been cancelled for a while now hasn't it.
haha whiny arc.. story of her life :')
I came here looking for Price . . . :-(
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I mean good for Price, but I'm really gonna miss those recaps, they were like a part of the episode as this point.

Good luck in your next proyect Price, we'll miss you!
I feel for stefan in a way because he had to hear that, but in one episode before Damon said he wouldn't do anything differently because he would of never met Elena if he did, even if that meant she hated him, and stefan then asks for every memory to be wiped away? I think we see who truly loves her. If someone breaks your heart you accept it and move on, like matt said before once you love someone you can never shake them, but Stefan was happy to throw all this away, even with what she went through when he went off on his ripper binge. Team Damon all the way
Well, despite being a Damon / Delena girl, I have to support Stefan here, because whether Elena was a 'project' or not, he loved her. As in, truly, deeply, at an epic level, which is what the show told us for 3.5 years. Even when he broke up with her a couple of eps back, it was sort of relnship drama, he didn't expect her to really move on, he sort of assumed their bond, which had survived Ripper drama and what not, was beyond this low level betrayal.

Elena also never admitted to him directly that she was falling in love with Damon, she kept telling everyone that she only cared deeply for him and all that. SHE should have broken up with Stefan, admitted to him that she loved Damon now, that she wanted to take things with Damon to the next level, not the other way. Even Bonnie & Caroline learned that she had slept with Damon AFTER she had done so, and forget Caroline, even Bonnie was shocked.

So Stefan was, I think, genuinely stunned and heartbroken, and in a relnship of the sort that Elena and Stefan had, an innocent/pure sort of a relnship, something like this is pretty tough, if not impossible, to get over. Unlike Damon, Stefan does not dally with other women even when he's not with Elena, so his commitment to her was complete, so to speak.

As for Delena, I'd say that after 3.5 years of it, they happened at the least opportune time, and in the worst kind of way. It doesn't do either Elena or Damon any favours, sire bond or not. I know I'm supposed to be thrilled that I finally got my Delena, but I'm really not happy about the way it's happened. Elena didn't do this the right way at all. There is a way to treat the guy who was the love of your life till a week or two ago, whether you're still together or not, and this is not the way.

So I can understand why Stefan wanted all the memories gone, because this is far too intense for him to handle, much more than what Matt & Elena had in grade school. What RUINED this emotional tipping point of Stefan, of course, was the last scene where he again wants Elena back. THAT, is just ugh. It washed out the entire episode in one second, because he just forgave Elena totally a moment after wanting his mind erased. Wow, way to screw a character!
More +
yeah exactly ! the point that it was one of the " truths" being revealed because she hadnt been honest with stefan. He seemed extremely hurt. hes like " are you kidding me ?! do you really think i think of you like that ?!" she clearly wasnt into their relationship anymore and thats what she was admitting. & undermined his love for her. It stung. Plus isnt she the one who was whining about being a vampire ?! of course hes going to want the cure for her. Up until he found out about the cure he had been trying to help her deal with vampirism.
"whether Elena was a 'project' or not, he loved her."

I have to disagree only because of something Stefan said this season.
Damon: Do you want to cure her because she's a vampire and she's not cut out to be, or because you can't love her if she is one?
Stefan: I'll always love her, but she's not suppose to be this person. I don't want her to be.
(4x05)

Stefan may have epically loved human Elena but he can't seem to accept vampire Elena. So I think Elena made a valid point when said she felt like Stefan was treating her like a broken toy, because in a way he was.

"Elena also never admitted to him directly that she was falling in love with Damon, she kept telling everyone that she only cared deeply for him and all that."

I don't think she realized she was in love with Damon until Rebekah compelled it out of her (it happens). Subconsciously she may have felt it but she wasn't completely aware of it (it's a common theme in tv shows, people don't realize they love someone until something big happens like they're about to die or in this case they are compelled to admit their feelings). Which is also why once Elena did realize how much she cared for Damon she told him right away.

As for the way they got together, Stefan was the one who really broke up with Elena. He was the one who said he couldn't do it anymore. It's not like she dumped him and then slept with Damon. She was honest with Stefan, told him she had feeling for Damon, and he was the one who quit on their relationship. So I say that kind of absolves her from anything she did after they broke up. She shouldn't be judged for moving on when he was the one who let her go. She didn't cheat, she didn't lie, and the only reason she didn't tell him right away is because Damon convinced her not to, to instead enjoy that one "selfish day," and then the sire bond thing came out and things got complicated and I don't think her and Stefan saw each other after that.
More +
Stefan doesn't want the cure ONLY for Elena, he also wanted it for himself so he could become a human for her, because she's told him so many times that she wants a family and what not. Elena has always, always told him that she doesn't want to be a vampire, and in S2 and S3 she wanted to die instead of become one. Now that she IS one, she is 100% different from who she was as a human. Would human Elena have done a handstand on a beer keg to show up Rebekah? I don't know. That wasn't shown to be her personality type for 3.5 years, and now sincere, caring Elena is reckless and berserk? I think EVERYONE, not just Stefan, should rationally have a problem adjusting to that. They are trying to show it as Elena being "free" but going crazy was never human Elena's style anyway.

The last few episodes that have contrived to make Delena happen have been extremely poor storytelling. No other vampire is totally different from who they were as a person. But Elena is. Instead of heightening the emotion that made her say, repeatedly, that "it will always be Stefan", overnight it is "I love Damon". It's not convincing unless someone is desperate for Delena no matter HOW it happens. Damon has always accepted Elena for how she was, what's changed now from his side? If vamp Elena is so concerned about 'freedom', why was human Elena stuck with uptight Stefan despite many, many better opportunities to be with do-whatever-you-want Damon?

I am not a Stelena fan. Their overbearing, righteous romance was a pain for 2.5 seasons. Then the writers upped the game with the Ripper business, where she stuck by the worst possible version of Stefan (according to her; IMO Ripper Stefan was a blast), because their love transcended everything. At the ultimate crucial juncture at S3 finale, she STILL chose Stefan. She chose to die. He let her die because SHE wanted to. What's greater freedom than that? And now, a couple of eps later, for her to turn this entire concept of 'freedom' back on him, instead of taking the time to work through this massive change in their relnship, that's not done. It has nothing to do with Damon, he's been at status quo since mid-S1.

I'm not saying Stefan is flawless. He's always been an obsessive compulsive character. But no matter how much I (used to) adore Damon or Delena, I'm not going to be stubborn and insist that Stefan didn't, or does not, love Elena, in ALL her versions. Because that's delusional. He, like most viewers, is used to a certain personality of Elena. It's not his fault that the writers have decided to totally change that personality using vampirism as the excuse.

I never said Elena lied to or cheated on Stefan. They were, after all, broken up for a week, for whatever that is worth. But, like I said, there is a way to treat the guy who was the love of your life till a week or two ago. Dignity is important, and WAS important to human Elena. Telling Stefan wasn't an obligation, but she should have, it would've been the decent thing to do.
More +
"Telling Stefan wasn't an obligation, but she should have, it would've been the decent thing to do."
- And I repeat when could she have?
She and Damon slept together.
The next morning Stefan told Damon about the sire bond.
They left for New Orleans.
They came back and Damon couldn't send her away.
She and Damon left the next morning to help Jeremy.
And that night Caroline told Stefan.

Since their break up she and Stefan saw each other twice: when she was leaving for school after she and Damon slept together and when Rebekah brought them together in the school.
She couldn't tell Stefan right after they slept together (even though she wanted to) because Damon convinced her not too, and if the sire bond got her to agree with him on April's dress color, it's not that hard to believe that asking her not to tell Stefan was why she didn't.

Sure it would have been better if Stefan found out from her, but you can't really blame her for not being able to do it in the three days before Caroline blabbed.

Damon on the other hand, you can definitely blame him for not telling his brother, which may be why he's so mad at him.
More +
"Would human Elena have done a handstand on a beer keg to show up Rebekah?"
- Yes, she did a hand-stand on a keg when she was pissed humanity-less Stefan who was ordered by Klaus to protect her (3x06)
- She also beat a bar full of people at shots in season 1 when she and Damon took that road trip to Atlanta.
- Human Elena had a high tolerance for alcohol, and was kind of the life of the party (according to Caroline). This stopped when her parents died.
- As a human she routinely threatened vampires (usually because they have cornered her) who could snap her neck in an instant so I really doubt this is a change in attitude.

"Instead of heightening the emotion that made her say, repeatedly, that "it will always be Stefan", overnight it is "I love Damon"."
- But it wasn't overnight. If you re-watch the season you'll realize their relationship trouble started when Stefan lied to her about the hunter. From her perspective he promised to save Jeremy but he ended up putting his life in danger because he was trying to keep the hunter alive also. Yes it was for her but she didn't know that until Damon told, her after Damon had - Trust was very important to human Elena, maybe it was heightened too. So it's not that far of a reach to believe that Stefan's "betrayal" (from her perspective) along with Damon yet again being there for her, pushed her towards Damon.

"If vamp Elena is so concerned about 'freedom', why was human Elena stuck with uptight Stefan"
- My guess freedom meant different things to her then and now. When she was human freedom meant respecting her choices (which let's face it Stefan did but Damon wouldn't if it meant putting her life in danger).
- Now freedom means being able to indulge in being a vampire (remember the frat house Halloween party. With Damon she can, with Stefan she can't (even he admitted that to Caroline - 4x03).

"They were, after all, broken up for a week, for whatever that is worth."
- Actually it was a week for us, but for them it was literally only two days.

More +
AGRREED. he was even going to let her kill rebekah. He basically did EVERYTHING she asked him to do and now all of a sudden shes not " free" the hell ? lol
I'm Gonna miss Price
LILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Christ, no. That would be a slap in the face to us after the genius of Price.
Starting with...

"I slept with Damon because I'm in love with him!"

...continuing with...

the facial expressions of Stefan (Dude, she stopped loving you, so what!Move on! It happens!)

... and ending.

"I love you, Damon"

Everything else is boring!
( The uselessness of Tyler turning himself and attacking Stefan and Elena for how long... two minutes?!)

Greetings from Italy.
All the vervain was burnt ...up in smoke so they are not using them.Don't you recall they used it when the pastor kidnapped a few of the vampires.

Sorry to see you go Price loved your recaps.
Thank you for explaining that, because I was wondering why they stopped. I thought maybe with Klaus being on their side and most of the Originals being indisposed they got too comfortable.
Load More Comments