Homeland: Shot Down and Blown Up

Homeland returned to spy games, interrogations, and oh-my-God-I-can't-believe-that-happened moments with last night's "Representative Brody." This shouldn't come as a surprise, but Homeland is more fun when Carrie is grilling someone, Brody and Carrie are in full-on will-they-or-won't-they mode, and things explode, instead of when Brody is teaching a kid how to sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." "Representative Brody" returned the series to awesome after last week's well-intentioned-but-slightly-off episode by making the professional and personal lives of the "good guys" pretty crummy, and putting the "bad guys" in the perfect position to make things a lot worse.

Last week we saw Carrie and Saul inch closer to exposing Saudi diplomat Al Zahrani and his connection to Tom Walker, and this week they laid the trap and snared him thanks to the cooperation of a bank that Al Zahrani's almost a million dollars in the hole to. If Homeland consisted solely of interrogations, I'd still watch. Every time the show puts two people on opposite sides of a table, great things happen. Carrie taking Al Zahrani to school was no exception as the CIA used nefarious means and snoopy intelligence (He's in debt! He's gay!) to get him to crack. But Al Zahrani didn't cave in the face of those two upper hands like you see on other shows. This doggy showed some bite, forcing Carrie to dig deep and dive into don't-go-there territory by threatening his daughter. Just more evidence of what this job forces people to do. Even Al Zahrani isn't enough of a slimeball to let his terrible political ethics get in the way of his kid's good fortune. He may be a Saudi diplomat, but he's totally West-washed and can't live with the thought of his daughter swapping Yale sweatshirts for burkas. Oh, the irony!

With Al Zahrani blackmailed into working for the CIA, it was time to catch Marine-turned-terrorist Tom Walker, like NOW. And thus began a scene as thrilling as anything the thrilling Homeland has given us, with the added bite of a giant explosion that literally ripped Americans apart. Walker sent in a body double with a strange briefcase (red flag), and Carrie sniffed out that something was amiss, but it was too late. Walker remotely detonated the bombcase, ensuring that Al Zahrani's secrets, gay and otherwise, would never come to light. Terrorism on domestic soil raises the bar of this storyline tenfold. If it wasn't plain before, it is now: Abu Nazir has someone working on the inside (more on that later).

Brody got the official boost to run for Congress in the wake of Dick Johnson's scandal from none other than the Almost President himself, Veep Walden. Walden didn't sugarcoat anything, telling Brody that appearances are everything and to get poster-girl-for-loving-wives Jessica on-board with his political pursuits. Jessica showed resistance, fearing that their extra-marital affairs would surface, but Brody convinced Mike to nudge her in the right direction. In the final scene, Brody announced his run for Congress on television. And when it comes to a war hero running against a man who posted a picture of his penis on the internet, American voters tend to vote for the former. Sorry Dick Johnson, Anthony Wiener and any other politician with a synonym for "wang" in your name! Also: When will Chesty McBreasts be running for Senate?

But who is the mole who spoiled the CIA sting? I'll let you sort out your own suspects before voicing mine. Saul? Estes? Carrie's not-yet-exposed split personality? If there's one thing I learned from watching The Event, it was, "Never ever watch The Event again." But if there are two things I learned from that pathetic (yet oddly entertaining) series, it's that Vice Presidents should never be trusted. Bold prediction: Walden is the mole. VP Walden is the target of Nazir, you say? All staged by the one-step-ahead Nazir, I say! Why else was Walden in the room when Estes and the CIA were monitoring Al Zahrani's meet-up with Walker? To make sure Walker knew what was going on and that things didn't get botched! Walden's already playing puppetmaster by recruiting Brody to join him in Congress, creating a secret group of terrorist spies at the highest level of government. And in the most damning evidence, he just looks like a jerk, doesn't he?

All this is great and fascinating, but Homeland is about more than catching terrorists and saving the world blah blah blah. It's about one psychotic woman's schoolgirl crush on a possible monster, as well as lonely CIA agents, and that's where the show gets its mileage. When Brody asked to see her at her apartment, Carrie had her night all planned out: a bottle of wine, 20 minutes of Love Actually, and booty time. But Brody just had business to discuss, and he left with a rather permanent sounding "Goodbye," whereas she threw out a see-you-later "Good night." Then came the frowny face and tears, and my heart broke. Look, we know that Brody is one moustache-twirl away from being a full-fledged terrorist, but am I crazy for still wanting him and Carrie to get together? What is this show doing to me to make want to see a terrorist and a CIA agent get married and have little side-swapping freedom-fighter babies? And things with Saul are about as depressing as they can get. Peanut butter on Saltines for dinner? Even starving children would say, "That's all you got?"

The delicate dance Homeland is conducting with its characters' personal and professional lives is the heart of the show. In Homeland's universe, seeing Carrie misinterpret a booty call, dressing up for sex, and getting shot down by Brody is just as compelling as Air Force One getting shot down by RPGs.

Notes:

– Fact: Anyone who is a fan of jazz is insane and brilliant. Okay I'm mostly joking, but seriously, you jazz fans tend to be a little cuckoo!

– Saul: "Fuck the charter." Estes: "He doesn't mean that." Saul: "Yes I do." Saul is 50 kinds of awesome. Also 50 kinds of awesome, Al Zahrani: "I suck cock and I love it! Yummy yummy yummy!"

– I'm really loving the political tangling going on with the show now. Watching the CIA work with the State Department and banks, seeing Brody step into a race for a congressional seat, this is Homeland moving into Phase 2.

– Another great performance by Damian Lewis as he begins to show us another side of his character. A side that gives off lots of creepy looks when he's alone.

– How did Jessica find out about Brody and Carrie? Was that just woman's intuition?

– Nice chat between Brody and Mike in the gym, but how should Mike feel about things moving forward? From where I was, it looked pretty plain that Brody was only telling him these things to get him to convince Jessica to agree with the plan to run for office.

Follow TV.com writer Tim Surette on Twitter: @TimAtTVDotCom

Anyone who is a fan of jazz is a) pretentious, and b) lying in order to try to impress other pretentious people.
Hello all,

I think many of you ask yourself, what if i had the password of my friend / girlfriend / boyfriend, associate, life partner, etc. .. to know the truth about your near partner, and reassuring that they do not hide you something.

You have the right to be reasured !

For all that are in need of this kind of services We come to your aid, feel free to contact us on our mail for any information, we will be happy to help you

"Owning the information, means having the power "

drpasswd@yahoo.com
Staff
Disappointed, thought they would be an Al gif in here somewhere. Lol. Yummy yummy yummy.
*Seeing Brody

Sorry
Couple notes:

The " i suck c*ck and i love it, yummy yummy yummy" was just the best Line ever!!

Seeing getting ready to fight those secret services agents was awesome.

I think the VP being in on it is a little too far fetched for this show
-Just for you Tim, and I, as a trumpet player by profession, honestly do mean the following statement. I will write up a positive review for any episode of any show that includes the jazz trumpet of Mr. Miles Davis. Freaking awesome, the man was a musical genius, a legend and a master (I play classical). Also, just because I've had some rum, I'll brag a little and mention that my IQ is quite easily above (and by that I mean well above, above Einstein's if you must know (my how my parents must so be disappointed)) genius level.

-I think my level of appreciation for Mandy Patinkin has already been made known. That being said, Saul = Awesome. On the other end, Al Zahrani, don't take this the wrong way, but I'm glad to hear him say what he said. How many people get put up to blackmail and fall flat (on TV, at least) because they're not willing to stand up and say, "Sh!t yeah, I f*cked up, and I'd do it again. I LOVE doing it. I'll do it for the camera!"? He was, for everything else, a MAN. He did it, and that was that. But sh!t. His daughter. His love of America and the stupid West. Another manly thing. The guy, for all his wives, and kids, was a good daddy. LOVE the crap out of it. (I'm sure the number of you who will notice this from any of my previous posts is less than zero, but this really moved me as is evidenced by my use of profanity. I mislike swearing in a large way, but I feel that they earned it this time.)

-This is "Homeland" moving into phase AWESOME. I think maybe one reason that this show blows my mind on a weekly basis is that SO MANY movies and TV shows have tried and tried and tried and tried (you get my meaning) to do the "war on terror" or "military story" or "our troops over there" thing, and they just fail SO HARD. This show actually does it right. It shows the concept from all sides. It shows the military (with little actual military action), the people, the politics, and does it in a way to frame the ideas as prevalent and meaningful to those involved. They really do care about a safer America/world, and it's a cut-throat battle even today, yet completely misunderstood in the press. LOVE. IT.

-I never watched "Life". SOLELY based on his performance, I've started it (I'm already halfway through the second season of it. Both good performances by him and Sarah Shahi, and a well written cop show with an interesting premise).

-Heck if I know!! I think it is just woman's intuition from seeing her appear on the porch. Best of all, though, you got NO DENIAL from Brody. Seriously great characters, and you are NOT WRONG in that EXACTLY that is where this show gets it's hook/following. The psychology is almost too perfect. You cannot understand someone else, that is the trouble with life, yet the writers understand everything about these characters (well, they DID create them), but the essence of the truism reigns true. Just good writing.

-I agree with you on this one, Tim, but there also, what else is Mike to do? He could argue 10 rounds with Brody, tell him that Brody's wrong for his woman and that she's changed so much in the years away that he, Mike, is truly the man for her now. Even still, Mike IS still a military man, too. My father is (retired) a military man. The military has an interesting draw (also politics, though to a lesser degree), I've seen it. That's where people go who either can't make a career elsewhere, or else who have an unexplainable and undeniable desire for civic duty. They feel/need/want/imagine/Howdy Doody/Walt Disney a desire to do something more with their lives and cannot stop the compulsion to do so some even to a point of wanton recklessness to follow the orders of their commanding officer. Even if it was plain to him that that's exactly why Brody was telling him these things, part of him may have wanted to do it anyway regardless of other reasons, just because it was the right thing for the country.

My notes:

I just cannot get enough of this show, and you can bet that they'd have to seriously botch these last two episodes not to get me coming back for the second season. If I haven't mentioned it previously (I cannot recall, there goes the rum again), Claire Danes is quite nice looking, and I should not mind if she were my girlfriend.

@Tim: You should do a "Breaking Bad" review tradition here, and start using musical clips to end your reviews. NOTHING says a good review like Miles Davis playing a Richard Rogers jazz standard. Also, as others have previously stated, and in case you are one who is externally validated (and, let's be honest here, who isn't?), in case I haven't mentioned it in previous posts, and assuming you read mine here, I do enjoy your reviews. I agree not with everything that you say, but I can take it, and you say more in an intelligent fashion than you do in any other way. I've seen worse in a reviewer.
Yo, that was pretty coherent for a guy sipping rum. Kudos.
Agreed. Credit where credit's due. Now I will bow out before I ruin Homeland, too.
You're really starting to make me hate Amanda Seyfried.
Seems like I'm the only one that finds Carrie a touch annoying.

Damian Lewis was fantastic as usual :)
This comment has been removed.
No way I promise there are hundreds of ppl that agree. Carrie is bat shit crazy, great to watch but completely nuts.
I don't like watching her much either lol

If it wasn't for Damian Lewis, who I loved in Life and Band of Brothers, and Mandy Patinkin... I wouldn't watch Homeland.
I don´t like Carrie....I don´t know how can Saul be with her more than a minute...and I hate the idea of she and Brody together...I find it interesting when they had sex the fist time, but I don´t buy the "lovely weekend" thing
I think the mole is Galvez, Carrie's assistant. It seemed like he was the second secret serviceman to arrive at Brody's place to check it out. Can a CIA agent also be a secret service agent? Not unless they're a mole for Nazir. Could he have been putting surveillance equipment in Brody's home?

Also, when they were questioning Zahrani, and it came out about the "terrorist plot on the roof of Faisil's house", Zahrani seemed totally believable that he knew nothing about it. My guess is that since Galvez was the only one on the roof he was given orders by Nazir to make up that whole story about being able to see the Marine I landing. It was sent out as a red herring to follow instead of the real mission that Nazir is cooking up.

Also I think there may be some kind of metal chip in Brody so Nazir knows where he is at all times, so he now knows where Carrie lives, she's in danger!

Also, I think that Galvez may have been with Walker when the bomb was detonated, he may have pointed out Carrie, to be sure and get her in the explosion. Walker would have no love for Carrie since she tried to trap his wife into getting him.

Galvez was with Carrie in the car when Faisel was warned away from driving to his home, he was with her at the Mosque. But now he's not at work at the CIA, is his excuse to David that he's busy tailing Carrie? He's my guy for the Mole of Homeland.
Well, I put my money in Estes. I think he is the mole, he was in contact with Brody's guard, he had acces to every piece of information and more so he tried to turn Galves into a mole on his own to figure out Carrie, don't trust him a bit; although Taccado makes a pretty solid case about Saul; specially jumpy in the lie detector episode, he failed the first time he took the test right? my theory is, he snuck into the room that night and somehow rigged the machine, so he could pass the test, and since Brody took it right after Saul, is the reason he passed even after he was askef if had ever cheated on his wife. Just saying, but agree with Tim, in Homeland "assume" makes an ass of u and me, ALWAYS!!!
Movie advice: I'm looking forward to "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" (release date Dec 9), a movie adaptation of John Le Carre's classic literary treatment of the Kim Philby/Cambridge Five affair. It's about a mole who made it up to the highest ranks in the intelligence community. Here we have some real life parallels to our show (except, of course, that communism and terrorism are not really comparable). The movie is supposed to be good: metacritic.com gave it an 86 rating based on critic reviews.
"Bold prediction: Walden is the mole."

The funny thing is, I don't think you're that far off. I think Walden wants to make room for himself to become president and which way is easier than coorperating with one of the most wanted terrorists and hatch a plan to assassinate the president ^^, which would make Walden the new Commander in Chief.

- Walden was in the room with Estes, when they talked about turning Mr. "I suck cock, yummy yummy yummy" so he could have easily warned Walker

- Walden asked Brody, if Walker was a good shot. Maybe because he got a little nervous about the whole thing

- Walden wants Brody to be his number two because after the president is assassinated and the shit hits the fan, which better person is there to plan the retaliation, than a prisoner of war, who spent eight years behind enemy lines?

- Walden just looks like a slimy bastard, who only thinks about himself, and in the TV Show Universe this means more than you think ^^

Bummer that he doesn't know what Brody really is up to ;)

But I also think, that there's more to the whole thing and that Nazir is playing an even

bigger game (is there something bigger than assassinating the US President?) and

using the VPs hunger for power for his own benefit.

We'll just have to wait and see, if Homeland goes the 24 route or if there's another surprise waiting around the corner...
Damian Lewis has oddness and that makes him interesting to watch. I liked him in Life too.
Great episode, very entertaining review! It's really great how they handle the Mike-Jessica-affair and Brody's reaction to it. No character is denounced. I even think that Brody was honest when he told Mike that he understands and that he's thankful that he looked after the kids. Mike is kind of a tragic figure, it must be devastating for him to be cut off from Jessica and the kids who have become his family. Right now there appears to be no way back for him. Although, I wonder what will happen when Jessica learns that her husband has converted to Islam and cooperates with terrorists.

Apart from the terrorist plot there are still so many open questions and plot lines (Carrie's psychological problems, her lying to the polygraph, the secret of her affair with Brody, Brody's relationship with his kids etc.) that I almost fear there's not enough room/screen time left to treat them adequately. I would die if they deferred too much to the second season...

P.S. I love jazz. The sequence when they let Miles Davis continue to play after Brody left Carrie's apartment while we saw impressions of the spooks in their solitude is one of my favorite scenes of the whole show. In a way it reminded me of the old cold war spy novels/movies. It's wonderful that there's room for moments like this!

Too bad though... the way Al Zahrani started answering Carrie's questions without pause or hesitation, after Carrie was done throwing him to the ground and delivering an awesome beating, my heart skipped a beat or two at the thought that she might mention Brody...! :)
That line delivered by Al Zahrani was the funniest thing I have evr seen...
"I suck cock! And I love it! Yummy yummy yum!"

Funniest line, ever. His delivery of the line was so hilarious.

I don't have much else to say. I loved the episode. I have no clue who the mole is. I love every character, terrorist or otherwise. I love their interrogations. I love this show.
That miles Davis song sounded so romantic when sex was still an option and then so sad when Carrie got shot down. just one of those little things that make this show stand out for me.
Where has this Claire Danes been all our lives? She is phenomenal. The roles she got in Hollywood was barely scratching the surface of what she could do. Their loss!
I guess that the "bankable status" of an actor (or the lack thereof) is way less relevant in the TV business.
@mermayd,

I think the reason that the VP is always around but never the actual president is because they're going with the real world thing of having Obama in charge - he's shown a bit in the opening sequence. I guess they could get an actor to portray Obama, but I think that could get a little messy.
Makes sense. And I can totally understand why the writers didn't extend the real world premise to Joe Biden - (falsetto voice) MESSY!
Since the black guy (Walker) turned out to be the worst terrorist (between him and Brody) with no known reasons like Brody had, I'd guess it's also the black guy at CIA who is the mole. No but seriously, it would be awesome if it was someone totally unexpected that really makes you go: "OMG! NO WAY!" For me, that would be Saul. But I don't want Saul to be one of the bad guys, so it's tough. On another note though I LOVED Carrie and Brody together, fighting nazis, geting drunk, they had some of the best scenes of Homeland together. But now it seems like all hope for them is gone, at least on Brody's side. But he did do that "sit and stare, looking depressed before driving away"-thing after seeing Carrie, so maybe there's still a chance after all..

And yes, how did Jessica know about Brody and Carrie!?
I'll bet the mole is Saul, it just seems that he is the typical "I'm the great agent who cracked and don't believe in this crap anymore" kind of guy. Also I think the Nazir setup the whole kid dying thing and that it wasn't even his kid and the VP is in on it and that is my second possibility that the VP and Nazir used this to get Brody in with them. Those are my two ideas on who the mole might be and you never know because it seems Abu Nazir is pretty much the smartest guy in the world and is like 10 moves ahead of everyone.
"I'm the great agent who cracked and don't believe in this crap anymore". Perfect description!

I don't think that Abu Nazir set the whole thing up, though. What makes this series so great for me is that the characters are complex and there is no black or white, only gray. That's what makes it possible for us to root for Carrie and Brody to be together. We can see both sides of the story, and as Carrie herself said, we see what makes them human, not what makes them terrorists. Now if Nazir had set up the death of the boy and all that things would be too simple and to convenient for the viewer... too boring. I hope that doesn't happen.
I kinda get the exact same feeling as you about Nasir and Saul. Nasir knew that was the only way someone like Brody would have help him
Again an ep of Homeland that is as brilliant as any good feature film.... Amazing interrogation and i did not see that bombing coming at all... If there is a mole, it kind of makes sense that Saul is the mole... partly because it would have such an impact on Carrie - she'd be even more of a loose cannon. The VP is just a douchebag, probably a liar in relation to the bombing that killed Nazir's 'kid' and perhaps corrupt but not sure he's in cahoots with Nazir...
This episode was all kinds of awesome! The interrogation, the bombing and Brody's manipulation were all very compelling but what struck me as equally powerful as that bomb blast scene was when Carrie was shattered after Brody's visit. I felt like crying with her. This show does that to you, and I don't think you're crazy to want them together Tim, they are doing this to us!
And the award goes toooooooo... SAUL! He was brilliant all episode, heck the whole season. When he said "Eviscerate the motherfucker" that was brilliant.
And my vote for 2012 goes to..... Chuck Norris

What to say more than hasn't been already said about Homeland?

If you ask me I find it difficult to believe that Brody has changed his mind, just because Abu Nazir reminded him of the ''bomb'' that killed Issa. He discovered that he didn't killed Walker, the fact that Abu Nazir lied to him for all eight years, I think all of this made change his mind about terrorist attack.

Who's the spy? SAUL of course, is from the second episode that I'm suggesting this theory. he is increasingly nervous. but 24 teaches us that the VP (or the President) is always guilty. Imagine that the President is working with Abu Nazir?

P.S.

I hope that Jack Bauer pop-up from somewhere!

I love Jazz...
The VP does strike me as a little douchy. Not sure if he's terrorist douchy per se. But a successful plot against the president's life would not hurt the VP's career I guess.
Is it wrong that I was rooting for Al Zahrani and his "I suck cock" speech. Fantastic. I wish he'd got up and walked out though and they'd had to regroup before coming up with the line about his daughter.

Fabulous stuff.

I didn't watch the Event (apart from the first v.dull episode after which I switched off) but what you learn from the Vice President in the West Wing is that he's too busy having sex to be a bad guy. Oh. And compared to the President: thick.

Why has Brody never met the President? Why didn't the President welcome him back in the first episode instead of the VP. Surely if he's such a hero the Prez would wanna get in on the action.

And it's no surprise Walker spotted all the CIA bods in the square. Why on earth would a Saudi Diplomat agree to a public meeting with America's most wanted? that was just bad planning on Carrie;s part. Al whatsisname should have set up a private meeting at night. More believeable. Tom Walker is not stupid.

The writers are showing their 24 pedigree here.

Still an absolute corker of an episode. Homeland is far and away the best show on tv at the moment. Can't believe there are only 13 episodes.

One word: Ama-ZING! Other people have already said this in previous weeks, not just you Tim, but Saul sure is suspicious! If we are talking about a mole in the CIA, it would be quite a twist if the writers threw Saul at us.

He has been close to this operation all the time. He has also been in the "business" for a long time, easily managing to met the people involved in the terror plot. He has been helpful trying to catch Abu Nazir and Walker, but just enough to throw the suspicion off himself. He could have easily been there to plant wrong information to misdirect the operation too. He was in the interrogation room (fifth episode) and said something to the prisoner in Arabic (?) before he left (something we never found out what it was). He could have given the prisoner the razor. And now Tom Walker found out about the trap. Saul was agitated during the lie detector test. Every now and then we see these scenes of Saul being troubled by something, and his relationship has fallen apart. He claims to be Jewish (apparently only a cultural Jew), but who knows what thoughts go on in someone's head. I know it's a long shot to make Saul the bad guy, because sometimes he seems so committed to the cause, but stranger things have happened. I'm putting my money on him being the mole. The chances are I'll lose my money, but if I win, I win big.

And finally, one request to you Tim: could you take a screen cap of Al Zahrani behind the interrogation table (and maybe add a cat's face over his) and write "Om Nom Nom Nom" below it. Thanks.
Al Zahrani: "I suck cock and I love it! Yummy yummy yummy!" ROFLMAO...That was the funniest thing I've heard on tv in a long long time. Can you imagine how many takes that took to get that scene with straight faces. I would luv to see the bloopers from that episode! Kudos to the writers for putting that in, when many wouldn't. Only 2 more episodes, what a shame, absolutley luv this show New fav..
Ugh this show is so gooooood. Single handedly making Showtime legitimate again...especially with Weeds and Dexter on the continuing decline.
Didn't Jess find out about them when Carrie came to visit the Brody in the early morning and she came out to find them talking? It doesn't take too much intuition to figure that out after he'd been so distant/absent.

Enjoyed this week's episode a lot, especially the Carrie bits.

Check out our full recap on bitchstolemyremote.com here: http://wp.me/p1VQBq-8u
Awesome show. Awesome review. I think the mole is that bald guy that always hangs out with Carrie. Creepy guy and also he kinds of stays in the shadows. Its a character with not much use, except being a secret spy that no one knows or suspects about because we hardly ever notice him. But if it is, that means that Brody should know he was being watched by the CIA from the start. Ah! The twists and turns of this show.
Jazz ain't for stupid people.....lil azycray maybe, but definitely not stupid. Love the characters on this show. They are mostly just hanging on to what ever bit of sanity they have left before they lose it.. Funny thing....at times while watching....I keep half expecting to see Jack Bauer come running around the corner.. yelling.......do it...DO IT NOW!!
First of all, awesome review Tim as usual. You just killed me with The Event reference and the penis thing (that sentence is not weird at all).

Then, that show is really different of how he started. Mainly because we viewers know that Brody is indeed involved with the enemy (I refuse the term "terrorist" though as we have no proof that he is inclined to use terror). So even though I love interrogation scenes (with crunchy lines) and the suspenseful terrorists-chasing moments, I can't wait to get back our suspicious Carrie about Brody's attitude. If they manage to get their hand on Walker, I'm pretty sure we'll get back to that.

The romantic storylines were perfect. I can't be sure that Brody was honest when he was saying that he wasn't blaming his marine dude nor Jessica; but that was really refreshing as that kind of storylines is always treated the same way nowadays. In time of need and grief, people get close... Feelings are what they are and I'm just angry to see that often, the presumed-dead character is screaming treason or else : you were dead for god's sake ! Are your loved ones supposed to stop their lives and cry every night on a black&white photo of you ?

Carrie was heartbreaking... Brody on TV with his wife was like a second bomb that blew up to her face. I can't imagine what a blast will be the revelation about that Cabin Trip (because of course it's gonna get out..).

Keep it rollin' to the finale. Great episode. Loved the cat and mouse game at the fountain. I really liked how Virgil was right there for Carrie, like to see his character get some more screen time. Sauls focus on this case now is really intense, solve it at all costs!

Its enjoyable to not really know where this show is going to end up - refreshing.
Absolutely agree with you about Virgil. I hope he gets more screen time, too. I would like to know more about his story, especially the nature of his relationship to Carrie. Why is he so fond of her, enduring her moody behavior so stoically?
Amazing episode.

I don't think Jessica knows. It was probably just a wild guess since Carrie did show up on their doorstep twice, both unannounced. But Brody not willing to take any chances, he went to Carrie just to clear things out.

As for Saul, he was on fire. Better than "Fuck the charter" was when he turned to Carrie, stopped for a second and then completely coldblooded said "Eviscerate the motherfucker". Godlike.