Info on Supernatural Season 6 Bursts Forth From Hell

I'm still reeling from Supernatural's awesome series fifth-season finale "Swan Song," with its open-ended questions, disappearing prophets, and domesticated Dean, but it's never too early to get ready for next season. Okay, I guess this is a bit early since it's only May.

But The CW has business to conduct, and as such, released a general synopsis of what to expect from the Eric Kripke-less (he'll have some creative input but won't oversee day-to-day operations) Season 6.

Here's the overview, straight from the network (contains spoilers, but nothing that bad): "Returning for its sixth season, this haunting series follows Sam and Dean Winchester, two brothers bound by tragedy and blood to their dangerous, other-worldly mission. This past season, Dean and Sam faced their toughest foe yet: the Devil himself. As the Apocalypse raged on around them, the brothers, aided only by a dwindling band of fellow hunters and rebel angel Castiel, sought a way to stop Lucifer and save the planet. Ultimately, they discovered a way to force Lucifer back into Hell and end the Apocalypse—but at tremendous cost: Sam’s life.  Season 6 will be a season of mystery and shadow. Heaven and Hell have been left in complete disarray since the apocalyptic events of Season 5. And now, monsters, angels, and demons roam across a lawless and chaotic landscape. And so Dean Winchester, who has retired from hunting and sworn never to return, finds himself being pulled back into his old life—pulled back by none other than Sam Winchester, who has escaped from Hell. The two reunite to beat back the rising tide of creatures and demon-spawn, but they quickly realize that neither are who they used to be, their relationship isn’t what it used to be, and that nothing is what it seems."

Well of course Sam was going to get out of Hell. Sounds like a return to business as usual for the Winchester brothers, and a flip-flop of the pilot where Dean pulled Sam into hunting. Will Mark Pellegrino be back as Lucifer? Will we see another season of Sam and Dean bickering and arguing with each other? Will Castiel be able to get Heaven in order? Season 6 will belong to longtime executive producer and lover of gore Sera Gamble, so will it be bloodier than most?

In other news, Gamble came out of hiding and spoke to sci-fi blog io9 about the Season 5 finale. Gamble said, "We knew we were returning for another season well before Eric [Kripke] sat down to write the finale. So, the episode you saw was the story he worked on from the beginning."

And of the "Is Chuck God?" question, she said, "I love a good God debate, so it's nice to hear we got one going this season. We purposely left a bit of room for interpretation."

And we're still debating. Look for Supernatural to return sometime in September. And oh yeah, it's been moved to Fridays (yuck).

Follow TV.com writer Tim Surette on Twitter: @TimAtTVDotCom

After eleven seasons the show flopped a bit but it is still pretty entertaining. Just like ranks show!
I love This Supernatural Jacket Supernatural Jacket
does anyone knows when the next episodes will come?:D cus i am very curious...the episodes from 11 to 22 i think it will be...but when? :(
can someone please tell me when is supernatural season 6 coming to the uk ....
Personally I like where this season is going. although i hope they will explain all the unanswered questions soon....=D
Chuck cannot be god because its shown in the episodes that Chuck has visions of what will happen next. He does not know what will happen niether does he make anything happen. He just sees it in his head.
Yeah The new episode - it wasnt all as I expected it to be - even though I enjoyed watching Dean having a normal life away from being an hunter - esp with (beautiful loser song) it was a great contrast between his new and old life - but the rest of the episode seemed like a letdown to be fair - And the fishy grandpa back from dead. I dont buy it. not til Cas confirms that it was indeed Samuel thats been brought down, after all he should know whose still in heaven and whose not - but I was really looking for more...interesting episode, rather than Dijn. Really a crap monster to choose to reintroduce the show. - and it was also different from the previous Dijn attacks - cause in previous (season 2) the attack of Dijn didnt cause them to hallucinate bad things - dean got infected and he dreamed of alternate reality but in this one - its different. whats with that?
I've watched Supernatural for the past few months. Awhole bunch of re-runs, and I really learned to admire the creativity of the writters and all involved. But...

The first episode of the new series was really, really bad. Very disappointing.

Sam and Bobby just reappear??

Come on guys/gals Can't do better than that?? Why, how, when did they come to life again? Sure, I know they are the show but how did they come to be alive again? and why? by who's decision?

Couldn't Sam be a demon assistant to Dean? Could he pull Billy out of the dead?

And angel Castiel, he should be a powerhouse. He also makes the show a good show!

Very dissapointing!!
when is season 6 on tv in uk
It rawked - all those complaining about not emotion - hello that was a major clue - Sam had no emotion - when he hugged Dean - he had a smirk on his face - it is NOT Sammie! Plus he stated Dean was the one always emotional about helping ppl and running in - that was Sam that would care about ppl more than Dean! And he didn't take the car - and tried very hard to suck Dean with his DARK hunters - grandpa back from the dead - unheard of cousins...yeah that is NOT Sam and the grandpa hunders are demons! They took that Jinn- why - to recruit to their DARK army? The name of this season is TRUST NO-ONE. If Sam tried to contact Cass then Cass would have answered - Sam is stuck in hell and Satan is walking above...And Bobby is still walking - so he still has a sold soul. He may not be all good and knew Sam was back - is he working now on the darkside??? Great show - looking forward to next week!! Wooo hoo welcome back!
Watch Supernatural Season 6 Episode 1 Exile on Main Street!available in all country..here at www.jmartin-tv.blogspot.com/2010/09/watch-supernatural-season-6-episode-1.html
So excited for the coming of Winchester Brothers. They are gonna be great for new season. So excited to watch it http://bit.ly/9FkMCH
Castiel comes back at the end of that episode and there has been talk of him returning just not as frequently
IS Castiel going to come back? He died in Swan Song but he died like that before and came back, so I'm hoping he'll be back in Season 6.
To start off i personally dont know if chuck is or isnt God. I do think its funny how everyone uses the amulet as there excuse saying he isnt. Because if you remember when dean and sam were in heaven talking to joshua he told them if God dosent want to be found he wont be. Which makes alot of sense how would someone as wise and powerfull as God be outsmarted by something as simple as an magic amulet. So unless you got better proof dont be so quick to dismiss the idea of chuck being God.
As far as Joshua saying sam could go to heaven anyways in season 5 well at that time in the show the angels dont have gods guidence and they are saying just about anything because they wanted the apocol, and the fight between michael and lucifer to happen because they said it was written and that was gods plan no matter what in simple words they lied

and on top of that when sam went to hell he was possed with lucifers spirit and couldnt go to heaven because lucifer cant go to heaven.
For everyone quoting the real bible just want to let you know it is okay it is just a television show. Its okay
I think Chuck could be god I thought that was a nice touch and a pretty good twist that none of us expected.
Oh my gosh I cant wait it is September 20th and I have not found a site with season 6 on it yet it is driving me crazy I cried when I watched season 5 eps 24 I cant wait to see how it is going to be I know it will be different. I dont think they should be aloud to ever have supernatural not showing lol 3 1/2 months of anticipation is killing me
first of all some of you are real idiots. just because a kid was 8 in season 3 doesnt mean he is 10 in season 5. each season didnt go day by day. if there were 12 episodes in 1 season and each one equaled 1 day that would only be 60 days in 5 seasons so that was a stupid comment. second, did you happen to read what season 6 was about? its not about continuing with the Bible or "finding another Bible to quote from". the new writers want to focus more on the angels and demons and a little more in depth of the relationships with the brothers. the show started and then angels and demons came out of nowhere but they never really focused much on them just the other monsters throughout the seasons. satan wasnt "put in the box" the right way. michael didnt fight him and put him there same did so its not following the story line of the Bible anyways. its a freakin tv show. and why would chuck be God because he could be tuned into the angels? maybe he was possibly a lost angel like the other one that forgot who she was. or possibly he was just a prophet like that Bible says there were. God spoke to many humans "prophets" and told them things. the real prophets of the real Bible have the accounts written first hand by each prophet on how they lived and seen the works of God. stop trying to actually put this stuff together with the real Bible because this is just bits and pieces made to not focus on any strict religion of preference in order to make an interesting television show without adhering to a certain group of viewing. this show doesnt focus on one belief of one religion. it its strictly the views of the writers, directors, and producers of the tv show. God didnt write supernatural people. please start thinking because the world would be a much better place if you guys could atleast comprehend a simple tv show. if its that hard to understand this how do you breathe by yourselves every morning?
Well, I hate to bring up actual Revelations, but once the devil is bound(put into a box), there is peace on Earth for 1000 years. So apparently they are going to have to find another Bible to quote from this next season. Or else it'll be one episode after another of picnic's and suburban livin.
hai, i'm a fan from indonesia, first i'd watch it from local tv in indonesiam and then i bought the DVD from season 1 to 5, and i'm hunting now for season 6. Damn ... i'm really 3x want it so much. My advice ... why dont we make the movie for sam and dean. SUPERNATURAL THE MOVIE .... wow wow wow ... the giant screen version. Battle within. Demons, Angle, Human ... Lucifer and Michael ;;;;;; so then Sam and Dean cursed life ... i'm gonna love it ... thanks anyway for a great season series
Ok so is it just me, or did anyone else notice that through the window, Ben, lisa's son (or maybe Dean's) looked like a teenager? He was 8 in season 3, which means by 5th season he was 10, and he did not look 10... Time has to have passed by since Sam fell and that scene at the end when Sam is looking through the window. Lets guess from his size, that the kid is at least 13.. so that's 3 years from the fall. 3 years is 36 months... which translates to 360 years in hell years (4 months on earth were 40 years for Dean when he went to hell)... so If Sam just escaped, that means he spent 360 years as Lucifer. He HAS to have changed, and not for the better.. just a guess. On a whole different subject, I'm a huge fan of the show, I think the way the plot was built in 5 seasons was great, it got bigger and bigger and it all tied together. Eric Kripke is a brave man to have used actual biblical names and portrayed them so flawed. He WENT THERE, Gabriel, Uriel, Michael, Raphael, Lucifer... he gave all of them a voice, Where is God? If he is going to go there, he needs to go there all the way and not hold back. Maybe that's what 6th season will be about. No, I don't think its Chuck.
Okay first of all, there is no way Chuck could be God.... don't you think one of the angels would have known this??? Or even lucifer who actually knew who God was??? Or I think he would have hinted or Dean's amulet would have been glowing at some point? There is no way he would have been in that flash forward of 2014 or whatever it was. Also, It absolutely could not be John!!! Who thinks of this? How can God be on earth, having a family? Don't you think he could just zap all the demons dead then? Some of the angels even said God was dead. We will see. They wrote the story so you would think he was all these different people but I am sure in season 6 it will all come out and he will be someone no one has seen yet in the previous seasons! Can't wait!
If Chuck was God the amulet that Dean has been wearing through almost the whole series would have burnnes bright whenever Dean was around. It could still be possible that he is because we didn't learn about the amulet untill season 5. I love this show and I hope that season 6 isn't going to be a let down. I just hope that the boys find God and lucifer is long gone and trapped forever, but to be honest seeming Sam at the end freaked me out cause I automatically thought that Satan escaped and that what dean saw in the future when Zachariah sent him there is what's gonna happen. But then again it may not cause when he was in the future cas was no longer an angel but when season five ended he was a stronger and more powerful angel then when we first met him, especailly if he is taking michaels place. We shall see, the show hasn't let me down yet and I hope that season 6 doesn't. What do you all think?
If anyone hasn't figured it out yet Chuck the prophet goes missing at the end because he's God. There's no other way he could have been tuned into the angel's. And Joshua was talking to Chuck(which is God).
i think they should bring in Samual colt, the hunter who made the gun that can kill anything, i think that wound be good to see by him making the devil's trap
One of my favourite episode's is where Dean keeps dying and coming back to life. Also the episode, Bad day at black rock.
I LOVE Supernatural especally Dean. Dean is my fav character. I DON'T have the CW channel but I do have the DVD's.
The couldnt have cast this show better! Dean is so badass and sam is his polar opposite so they even eachother out. I love the fact that supernatural touches on everything supernatural/paranormal u could imagine. Hands down the best show ever on tv. Im so excited and amped for season 6. Im hopeing and praying to god it will not be the last. Im not ready to have it end anytime soon.
I've watched almost every episode of supernatural since they started showing it on TNT from ten to 12 in the morning on the weekdays and have been hooked ever since, this show is the best and i don't want it to end. I'v seen many episodes two or three times and pretty much know whats goin on. I believe it would be a good idea for the writers to bring back the trickster. I think Sam and Dean should find the Trickster and ask for his help in the apcolypse.
i have a question if any one can answer them. im in the middle of season 5 right now. and joshua said to sam in heaven that god said he could go to heaven when he died despite all he done. so whats up with that?
this is what i think will happen they'll find god. god will go "poof" and everything will return to normal the end
i mean episodes
if anybody would like a good website to watch this show or any other shows that hasen't aired yet. go to free-tv-video-online.info/ then click on shows and find supernatural
about the "john" thing what happend to him i think that when he escaped from hell he was rewarded and sent to heaven because he would of went there anyway exept he made that deal with yellow eyes and seeing though he killed him it the deal was off. and with mary she was a ghost. the same ting they hunt. exept there were two things in that house. and also i think that chuck is god. because they would of had to introduce god somtime in the supernatural seasons... right? they wouldn't just go 5 seasons without introducing him or it would just be a random guy and thats not vary epic for an epic show. also xorpion99 they've hidden gabriel as the trickster. why not hide god as the prophet? and he did tell them what they had for lunch once it was one of the episodes were they do the opposet of what they normally do and he tells him his gonna have a cheeseburger or somthing.
Oh, and i forgot to mention, if God did not want to get involved, becoming the prophet chuck and writting himself into the storyline is not the way to lay low and not be involved. chuck actually plays an important role in the story. Also, god wouldnt have the visiosn the way chuck does, he just simply knows everything, chuck couldnt tell sam and dean what they were gunna have for breakfast the next day. If he was god and wanting to lay low, he would not have written himself in and he would not have been telling sam and dean anything, he would just let it happen.
People really need to learn to pay more attention. "The amulet will burn white hot in gods presence", Dean had the amulet outside of his shirt, visible, episode 18 of season 4, the first introducing of chuck. didnt even glow a little. They wrote this story line knowing just about every detail from the beginning, they wouldnt overlook something that deals with God himself. so for all you people still wondering if chuck is god, the answer is no, he isn't. Chuck is simply a prophet, his job is done so he is no longer needed. IF a prophet will be introduced into season 6, it will be a new one.
we'll alot of you need to rewatch the first time they went to see chuck dean grapped his chest right befor they went in hmmmm wonder what burned him go online and watch the episode and boom all you have your answer and 2nd that means god did care he just didnt want it get to involed and reman hidden from the angles to see how he going to whip there ass later for disabaying his just because he was gone from heaven a few years ohhh god such cry babies and hmmm i'm sure if he made the pit he has the power to sam out
I don't think Chuck is God he is a prophet/scribe. Think about it just like the bible everything needs to be documented so people in the future can read the good book. As for God what about Mother Mary? She is rumored to be in heaven but nobody really saw her. Do people really die on Supernatural? How many times has Dean, Sam and John been killed? I hope they bring the Ghostfacers back and the genius with business in the front and party in the back hairdo LOL
I have watched this show since it aired and I tell everybody about it. I have my entire family watching it now even my 75/80 year old parents. Love every bit of the show, story lines and the people playing the characters. I am looking forward to September and no matter what night it comes on I will be there. Keep up the good work,
What about jesse?
Man, I love this show!! I started watching the reruns on TNT. Now my husband is hooked. He said wow this show's been on for 5 years; how did we miss it?? Can't wait for season 6 and I hope it keeps going for a few more seasons after that!
Im gonna start with asking how the hell supernatural isnt a more popular show, especially after swan song.

WHAT THE HELL IS GONNA HAPPEN TO MICHAEL?? either hes gonna get raped in hell or he's gonna own hell, no lie haha. i love supernatural, trust me, but i think season 6 woud be like a sandlot 2. it ended pretty damn good, i just think theyve run out of goals thats all.
Ok john deffo got out of hell when they opened the devils gate, when he help kill yellow eyes!!! mary in an early episode was an angel i fink when she saved sam and dean from that fing in their old house. so why where they not in heaven with ash he said he could not find them???? i dont think the story has ended quite yet!!!!
I am a HUGE supernatural fan. I don't think Chuck is god, that's just rediculous. I think that its possible Lucifer is still in Sam but maybe Sam is to strong for him. Or maybe Sam's powers have become supercharged, and he can use them without drinking demon blood, due to him being in hell. That could explain the flickering lights. I also don't think John is god. And if I remember correctly he didnt dissapear in a flash of light, he traded his life for Dean's...duh. They cremated his body.
cmon guys.. i dont think God needs a vessel, well.. he created us didnt he?
Chuck can't be God because dean has the amulet that "burns hot in the presence of God" and he was wearing it around chuck so chuck can't be God. Also how will Cas keep order in heaven there is still an Archangel left, Raphael, who has killed Cas once already.
it may not even be that dean may not even know sam didnt really got in the cage so he may be raising hell on earth and dean may have to find god but we never know
I mean Dean not Sam in the 1st sentence