It's a wrap for 7th Heaven

The long-running drama, which debuted in 1996 on WB Network and now airs on the CW, will have its series finale May 13 in its regular 8 p.m. slot. The hour-long episode, titled "And Away We Go," will actually mark the second time the show was scheduled to have a series finale.

Heaven's 10th-season finale aired on WB in May amid much fanfare about it being the series closer, delivering its highest marks in more than two years with an episode that appeared to wrap up many loose ends in the show about a minister (Stephen Collins) and his sprawling family.

But the CW, which launched in September after the merger of WB and UPN, gave Heaven a last-minute renewal in May, announcing that the show would return in fall 2006 in its signature Monday 8 p.m. slot as part of the CW's inaugural lineup. In October, the network switched its Sunday and Monday lineups, moving Heaven to 8 p.m. Sunday.

Season-to-date, the series is averaging 3.4 million total viewers and a 1.3 rating in the network's target demo of adults 18-34.

Heaven, which debuted on Aug. 26, 1996, marked the first-ever Monday broadcast of the then-fledging WB Network, will bow out as the longest-running family drama on television.

I wish 7th Heaven could be on air agin pretty please I really like watching the reruns of 7th Heaven if any one who is a christian and believes in God would agree with me that 7th Heaven should be aired on the show again if they don't believe in God maybe it will draw them to believing God and draw people the do believe in God closer.
I think 7th Heaven was fantastic. It wasn't like any other tv drama. It was a show that everyone could relate to. It went through the dramas of family life. It was fun and entertaining. I think everyone who has watched the show will miss the characters. We've seen the kids all the grow up, for me they've felt like another family :)
i have to admit, i cried so much when 7th heaven ended. it felt like my family was just taken away. i loved this show so much, and i think alot of people can relate to it. i was very sad to see it end.
when i watch 7th heaven it feels like i am a part of their family, i wish the season could have gone on forever, but i was dissapointed with the series finalie. there was so many questions unanswered. i think they should have kept it going.
I think I agree with almost everyone here when they say the finale was good but not as good as they REALLY should have ended the show.....it has WAY to many questions left unanswered and the Camden family becomes a part of your family when you watch the show! Do Ruthie and T-Bone get married? Does Ruthie and Martin ever get together? Do they get married? Does Ruthie get pregnant? Does Lucy and Kevin have their second child....and what about Mary? Does Mary have her twins? Does Simon get married? Who does he marry? Too many questions unanswered.....the show needs to come back as the continuation from the last episode in season 11 and with the SAME people!!!!! It can't just end like that.....that's wrong. Please bring it back. I need answers!!!!!
why do we constantly get show's that we like taken off of the air....we got to watch all of the kids graduate except for ruthie....the twin's have grown up so much...lucy and kevin were doing so well and we dont even get to witness them having another child which they desperatley wanted....If them going to the RUV was the last eppisode then why wasnt it posted as so...I really got attached to that family and you have taken it away for what...the show covered many topic's that were important to life...did they do sumthing wrong..?? I dont know who you ARE PUNISHING the actor's or us who watch it like clock work when it is on...I dont like any of the other crap that you ppl have made...why are you only picking on 7th heaven...everyone loves that show...eric is a good father and would never cheat on his wife and annie has a love for eric like no other...they were so much in love which made ppl fall in love with the show..and they cared about ppl...isnt that what ppl are supposed to be about...at a moment's notice annie would pull out a plate and feed the entire neighbour hood if she thought that you were starving...for god's sake use your brain's and give ppl what they want to watch...look at the tv rating's when this show is on...I know it is on my tv...only show I would watch with my family and when sumthing bad happened to the camden's we cry too...do the smart thing and give it back to your viewer's after all dont we pay your allowance...maybe if you refuse to give it back,maybe all of us should turn off our tv's and you will get no money from us...you would go poor..real fast...
I love 7th Heaven. I hate that it is no more. Just like all of you, they ended the show with many questions. I believe the series finale ought to be where Ruthie is at graduation, with all the origanal Camdems and all their kids and spouses there congratulating her in her job well done. Please someone do something on CW and get that show back. Just one more episode with that as the plot.
I am sorry to see 7th Heaven go. I still feel there were many more topics that could have been touched on. The CW wrote cancel on the show when they changed the night and paid very little attention to the show. I agree that 7th Heaven is a far better show than most anything the CW putting on this season. There is nothing there that I will be watching.
I wanted to know the same thing. I have rented them all from Block buster but they only have to season 4.. anyone know when they are coming on dvd again?
I confess that I havent seen this last season or any of the very recent shows. BUT, my daughter and I have started watching seventh heaven on DVD. The show, however, is only available up to the 4th season. Does anyone know about the release of the other seasons?? I am having trouble finding this info. Thanks
7th Heaven cant end! the season finale left you with to many questions. Lucys and kevin having another baby is 1. I also want to know what will happen with reverand camdens heart condition. last i would like to know what will happen with ruthie and t-bone. i think jane and margret were a very good adition to the show. I would be very sad if 7th heaven is over. we have watched this family grow for to long they cant just go =[
i am so sad they ended the show once i found out i almost cried it was sad cause i watched it for 11 years they could of kept it and it would have been ok because it was getting a little boring but they could of changed that and added some action like when it first started it was interesting but they could of made it more but they were just to lazy and that is really sad but i guess that is all and bye to the show i hate to say that but what else can i say? it is just sad
i am happy because u could still watch the show on cts

if u have anthna
I hate to see it go. I hated the ending and wish there was more to it. They are getting rid of all the good shows and putting these stupid reality shows on the air. I guess they are just trying to get people to stop watching tv all together. I understand things must end but give us something worth watching in it's place. I think wb made a big mistake when it went to cw. They have just about cancelled all the shows worth watching when it turned to cw. Thank God for the remote control and cable because if I had no choice but to watch one of these stupid reality shows I would have to shot myself.
i love 7th Heaven and i really think it is a bummer that they ended it the way they did. i mean you were right it did leave us wanting more and not only that i mean they were this close to having Ruthie graduate from high school, could they let ruthie's graduation be the series finale episode?
I don't know why "7th Heaven" had to end. I guess the producers couldn't stand the fact, that a truly wholesome show, that an entire family watched together for YEARS, and taught so many valuable lessons to both young & old, wasn't worth continueing. I think it is AWFUL! So what it lasted 11 yrs. That in itself should tell them all something. It is a GREAT show, and they left it to where it could return, and I think they should STRONGLY consider it! I mean, isn't it suppose to be about the fans?
I wanted to have more seasons of 7th Heaven.
I really think they should continue this show and bring back the older three Matt, Mary, Simon for at least a couple of shows.
I was disappointed on how it ended, you were left guessing. I really wish they would continue this show it is one of my favorites. I have watched it since i was little
I luv this show and i have watched dis show since i was little and now im 16 years old and i luv 2 come home after a hard day on sunday and ill watch 7th heaven! this show has had great ratings ever since it started! i know its been 11 years! But 12 would be better!!
My family and I have watched 7th Heave sence it first aired now my daughter that will be 3 in July watches it I think its sad that its ending. There's nothing bad in that show cartoons have worse things. I can really relate to some of the cast on the show though. Like Sandy I know how hard it is to raise a child by your seld my daughter hasnt seen her dad sence X-mas or before than and he never sends money or anything, and Im living with my parents. when we watch this last show I think were all going to cry.
I Love this show, how dare they end it! I didn't get to see the last season because our tv provider wouldn't give it to us :(
The people who hate 7th heaven have no heart! This show is my favorite show! It would be awesome if it went for a couple more seasons and not end at 11 seasons! Dont end with a camping trip! you need like a reunion with all the characters that have started on this show! Plz dont end!
About time. Let this show die already. The writers lost their creativity along time ago and the storylines are stupid. The last "finale" was beyond lame and I'm sure this one will be too.
THIS IS LIKE MY FAVORITE SHOW. I AM VERY SAD TO SEE IT GO I ENJOY EVERY EPISODE. I COLECT EVERY SEASON AS IT COMES OUT I HAVE ALL FOUR THAT HAVE COME OUT. WELL I WISH IT WOULD DO MORE SEASONS BUT HEY THER BE MORE SHOW AND THEY ALL COME AND GO.
I love 7th Heaven, and was so excited when it was announced it wasn't actually ending....all three times. But the show has basically run out of things to do, and seeing as only 4 of the original main characters are still on the show, it really has run its course. I mean, last season's ending was like the greatest. Everyone showed up, everyone had twins, and everyone was happy. Now no one is home, every wrap-up had something added on, and it just isn't the same. The show really shouldn't have gone on this season. They have basically done nothing. They had to go with Eric dying in one year story line, and even we didn't find out for like 4 episodes. Every show has to end eventually, no matter how great it may be. It will be missed, but never forgotten.
It's about time. This show lasted way past it's prime. It ran out of decent stories to tell 5 years ago.
I hate to see the Camdens leave the screen....I was really surprised that it kept going on this year. It would be nice if it was to keep going.
I love 7th Heaven and hate to see it end.
the show should deff. keep going love it so much
Why dose 7th. Heaven have to go?
I, love 7th.Heaven an am sad to see it go. What else am I, gonna watch?
7th Heaven is one of the bestest shows ever...I will miss it sooo much.
It's sad to see the end of an era as the Camden kids will be no more. In Australia we haven't seen the eleventh season yet so I hope the network will air it even though it is being cancelled. A show that will be missed.
I love this show but I think 11 seasons is enough.
I think after 11 years it was the best show made for everyone! Miss them!
IM so sad to see this show go off the air a few ppl have said this but it was pretty much the only clean christian show that many many people watched. I do hope they do a spin off with one of the kids that would be awsome!!
I don't think is the great idea to cancel 7th heaven because is the best show ever. It was so sad. I hope they change their mind right now. I really want 7th heaven to get 12th season.
I really hope that the show decides to go on another season just like after the season 10 "series" finale that thankfully only turned into just the season finale when a season 11 was soon to come. I love the show and hope it stays it is one of the last decent shows left on air. If the show ends I hope they do a spin off of something like Lucy and Kevin's story and still often bring old actors from 7th Heaven. I wish the show involved Matt and Sarah, and Mary and Carlos's families more. I'm really sad to see the show go. I think it should go on at least to Ruthie's graduation, and Kevin and Lucy having another baby.
thank god it's finally ending. They call it a drama but the most dramatic thing was when mary toilet papered the gym. so for the last time god by to this show.
As much as i love 7th heaven..thats its really a good show~~but its so satisfiying that this is the 2nd time~~its going away.

I wish you luck & very well..)
I am going to be very sad to see this show end. I hope they do a spin off. The change to Sundays, put the last nail in their coffin. I hope they wrap up the show better than the WB. They left it with more questions than answers.
Sad to say its time has conme :(
I think it's really stupid to cancel this show. I mean how can it just end, it has been on for so long and I love the show. It is an inspiration to some people, and it has very good meaning. It seems like now people are trying to take all the TV shows that have anything to do with God off TV and its stupid. I think they should continue to keep this show going. It's a really good show.
It lasted long its time for it to end and the cast to move on to new projects
America has let immorality rule in the past couple of decades. We finally have ONE decent show about common, everday problems faced by normal people as well as Christians. This show is a top show. When it moved to Sunday, I have to tape it, but I don't miss it. Home, values, morality, honesty, family--WE NEED THIS SHOW! Sometimes it is better than being in church! Get some new writers if necessary and keep it going. It is a pattern for Christians! Karen
I really liked the show!=[[ sad 2 c it go, I thought it would run on 'til Ruthie got married cuz of how far it went!
Here in Australia we are heaps behind, but once it's gone it will be sad to see it go. We've watched the kids grow up but I guess now it's time for us to say goodbye.
I'm sad to see it go, but a show can only go so far.
When this show first started, I too became hooked. In lieu of watching the fifty million reality television programming, I liked watched 7th Heaven. However, in all honesty, the show should never have been renewed this last season. The last couple seasons have been so over the top. The additional characters add nothing to the show. The dialogue gets worse and worse. It ended with that cheesy yet perfect alternate reality 7th heaven ending last season. This season has been nothing but filler. I honestly always stick with a show, even if it's bad, because I'm one of those people that has to know how something ends. But, I actually stopped watching. It's been that bad. Not even the cheesiness of Lucy and Kevin kept me watching. Enough is enough. Pull it. By keeping it on with subpar writing and storylines, they've already ruined what was a great show.
Load More Comments