Justice League fights on 'til the end

Fans of superheroic action will get a double dose of animated thrills in a poignant and action-packed send-off to Justice League Unlimited . The final two episodes of the series will air on Saturday, May 6, and Saturday, May 13, at 10:30 p.m. during the Cartoon Network's Toonami block.

In the series conclusion of JLU, the curtain is finally pulled back to reveal the villainous puppet master behind the new Legion of Doom. Longtime JLU viewers won't be surprised to find out the ubervillain is none other than...a secret that TV.com won't spoil.

In the action-packed finale, The League must get even more "unlimited" help than they have in the past to fight this last, all-out battle. This time, they find help in the most unexpected of places, including...again, TV.com is not going to spoil the surprise.

JLU premiered in 2001, simply titled Justice League. The series featured a team of heroes made up of DC Comics mainstays Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Hawkgirl, and Martian Manhunter. Together, this formidable team fought off the likes of Brainiac, Lex Luthor, and the usual suspects, as well as a host of aliens, sorcerers, and idiotic humans.

In the third season, Unlimited was added to the title, thus allowing the team to attain the super services of a wider range of guest-heroes.

The show featured the voice talents of Carl Lumbly, who plays Marcus Dixon on the soon-to-be-ending series Alias, as Martian Manhunter. Phil LaMarr of sketch-comedy show MadTV performed the voice of Green Lantern.

The series was created by Bruce Timm, who oversaw another popular comic-book series, Batman: The Animated Series.

i hate them as much as i loved the show, for cancelling it.
I am a huge fan of comic book animated series and justice league is one of the best!! i would have to say maybe even top 3 behind Xmen from 93 and the spider man from 95. Im 29 and grew up reading comics and it was grate to have a show geared towards us " old timers " instead of all the crap that they try and push today. I still watch the show (have them on dvd ) and hopefully they will bring it back or something similar like they did with batman.( gotham knights , batman beyond )
Agree with all of you this show was awsome from start till end!!
The show was awsome i think that 5 seasons were ok Season 1-2 (JL) Season 3-5 (JLU) the show was awsome!!!

But they could maybe done a new Justice League like i dont know "The Ultimated Leaguers" or something in the future like "Batman Beyond" style

:):)
JLU was a great show
Same qestion here..WHY??..ad second qestion.."Is ther any chance to bring it back???"i'm talking about bring it bak to life..about new episodes..is ther any chance?
Can somebody explain to me why this show was cancelled? Maybe if understand why this show was cancelled I'll be less pissed off about it being cancelled. I know it's been two years, but the anger is still getting to me.
BEST SHOW EVER, it never should hav been cancelled
I agree with all them. This was a great show.
I don't know what dumb mistake C W is making about stopping justice league unlimited.Not only it was my favorite show it was with me sence superfriends.I don't know what mistake they did but in a few years the better realize their mistake.Once i heard it aws down the drain i was amost in tears to see a wonderful show replaced by those horrible kiddish shows. i wont forget justice league not even the epiodes or the charcters.I will always have the justice league pride in my heart no matter what even all the charcters.Ferwell justice league i won't forget you or any of the charcters or epiodes =(
I just can't believe what a short run JLU had I mean it was such a good show and so many possibilities to keep on with it, I understand that the show was more towards mature audiences for it's violence and all but they need to understand that it's shows like this that true hardcore fans want to see. If not on TV at least continue the series on DVD I mean as animated movies of course. I know many people that would welcome them with open arms. Well I just wanted to say it was good while it lasted hope to see more soon.
I agree with the concensus here. Ending this show was upsetting. I grew up reading comic books and a grown man can't very well do that. But my two boys love watching these shows on DVD/TV and I enjoy watching them as well. Even my wife who generally thinks I'm just a dork for having read comics as a kid loves the show. It is a show for kids that adults can enjoy just as much.
i agree with red lantern this was a great show
I too am very disappointed and angry that one of the greatest shows I ever layed eyes on has been cancelled. I feel that there was potential still breathing and I hope somehow they return. That even I dont know if its true upon their return but all I know is that I feel angry that we didnt get to see more on some heroes who havent gotten the spotlight yet that drew attention.

For example; I feel like some heroes were kind of put to waste because I never got to see Waverider, Gypsy, Thunderbolt, Ray, Creeper, Dr.Midnight, Hourman, Starman, Dr.Light, Plastice Man(was mentioned), Aztek, Nemesis, Crimson Fox, Osidian and Blue Devil do as much. NOw I understand that airing time is important and so is the knowledge on some heroes and all but there were so many heroes left out of the action and were just simply background characters. I would have loved to know more on them as we did with several characters such as Black Canary, Green Arrow, Wildcat, Stargirl, S.T.R.I.P.E, Huntress, QUestion and several others. Just knowing that the show is no more
i luv justice league! i cant beleive its over they need to make a new season er something im dying
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
Words Can't even begin to explain the rage that I am feeling right now to find out(on a blog)that my most favorite "SHOW" not cartoon "SHOW" has been canceled. Just like that! Up in a cloud of smoke with Lex and Darksied not knowing what happened to either of them. I have no other use for cartoon network any more thank you all for leaving a Gillion unanswered questions along with the same amount of DISAPPOINTED Fans! I loved this show to death and to see it just go at the prime of its short life just hurts!
Hey yall, I'm also a big fan of the Justice League and I've looked at the episode lists on this site and the end of season one has a two-parter called "A League of Their Own" but when I look at any dvd purchases they don't have this episode listed could someone tell me whats up with this?! Justice League does indeed rock!! If someone could just give me input I'd appreciate it. Thanks have a wonderful day and bye for now. ~L.A.F.~
I really can't believe they got rid of the Justice League Unlimited Series. Very few shows attain such quality (animated or otherwise), and it is an utter shame that television systematically gets rid of anything resembling quality.

My GIRLFRIEND even loves the show...she is not even interested in comics or anything "geek" related, but she really loves Justice League and Justice League Unlimited.

Terrible. A DAMN SHAME.
Why do some networks have to cancel shows which are good? Its very sad that this happened to this great series. I hope this one comes back in the future when they've realised their mistake.
I can't belive this CRAP! They cancell an excellent show like this and keep that sack of bull**** bobobobo

this is an insult and a slap in the face to fans of JLU
I am very sad to see the Justice League series end. I have been a fan since the Super Friends days. Bruce Timm has consistently done an excellent job with the projects he takes on. Hopefully, we will see another incarnation of the JLU heroes, perhaps straight to DVD or release to the Internet.

I would love to see a Wonder Woman animated series by Timm, especially since the movie is around the corner.
This was a great show. I'm very sad to see it end. I hope they make more DC / Marvel character shows.
Im going to miss the show, i also watched Superfriends when i was a kid, hope they bring it back, why are they ending it? glad im a part of this site,
Will there be another Justice League series or JLA/Avengers series?
This series had so much potential for the exploration of other characters. I know it won't be back because big networks only seem to cancel what people like. The crappy shows live on forever and become feature films!
Any way, So long Justice league-I knew you well....
Truly a sad and dark day, It was bad enough when Batman: The Animated Series ended, it was heart crushing to know that Superman: The Animated Series was leaving, Static Shock was a great lost. But as sad as my heart was I was releaved and elated to hear that a Justice League was in the works. For the next 5 years I saw hope and wonderment. Those great shows were gicen a new breath of life to entertain and give meaning to Saturdays again. Alas all good things... But why now? Why not another 2 seasons. Now I will be relugated to watch aweful anime/cartoons that hold not a candle to JLU. I want more JL! (sound of my heart breaking)I haven't been this depressed since Cowboy Bebop and Big O came to an end.*crying*

WHAT WILL THE CARTOON HORIZON BRING NEXT?
THE GREATEST ANIMATED SERIES EVER MADE AND I HAVE SEEN THEM ALL BUT NONE COMPARE TO THE JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED ANIMATED SERIES. THIS IS THE ONLY ANIMATED SERIES THAT WE GROWN MEN ENJOYED. WE ACTUALLY DEBATE AMONG EACH OTHER WHO'S THE MOST AWESOME CHARACTER AMONG ALL THE LEAGUE. PLEASE DON'T DISCONTINUE WHAT WE ENJOY SO MUCH IT IS OUR PLEASURE TO HAVE SUCH DEBATES AND FUN... I THINK IT BRINGS BACK THE CHILDHOOD SUPER HERO IN ALL OF US.
The best animated show in the world. Please,please don't cancel JLU I love it, my family love it, my friends, and peers all alike love the episodes of JLU. We anticipate the new episodes after seeing the old ones. So for my family sake and especially for my little boy who adores the characters, especially THE FLASH please don't cancel the JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED... I HOPE THAT THIS MEAN SOMETHING TO WHO EVER READ THESE COMMENTS
RE: Why do some networks have to cancel shows which are good?

That's so true. I don't know why they can't cancel those other horrible shows like the Power Rangers, etc.
I have seen the final episode, and it ROCKS!! But forget all of that...I wanna know...WHY???!! Why is such an awesome show...one of the few good shows/cartoons still on the air being REMOVED/ENDING???!!!! Cartoon Network has a very crappy way of getting rid of its good shows fir Starters. He-Man & Megas XLR are some prime examples. In order to avoid they are being taken off the air, they play them at 5in the morning on Sundays. That way people will forget about them and they can drop them with no complaints from the viewers until afterwards. Then its too late. They could not try this with JLU due to its massive fan base, so they made it later in the Toonami line up, and did not make its fans aware that...THIS IS IT!!! Why? Because of the BAACKLASH they would get from the fans. When I watched the episode, I was jumping around like a 6 year old after eating a bowl of Count Chocula, Boo Beery, And Fraken Berry mixed together. IT WAS AWESOME, but something really felt off about it. IT WAS TOO GOOD!!! It was like they were puting all of their effort into this episode. So my cousin and I figured it was the season Finale, NO...it was the final one!!! OH HECK NO!!! Cartoon Network, which is affiliated with the WB..also known for dropping Great shows in place of crap, seems to be following in their stead. Teen Tiatan, Megas XLR, He-man, now JLU!! Instead, we are left with really kiddie cartoons that have no story or meaning and humor our kids with fart jokes and lame comedy!! I am a hardcore comic fan...from DC to Marvel to Image, when it was around, and this is just a slap in the face. I have no need for this network now, and if the creators are tired of doing the show as I read in another article...PASS TO A TEAM WHO WOULD LOVE TO CONTINUE THIS SERIES!!! "Tired of doing it and out of ideas" was the excuse given by the producers. 50 dang years of comics with multiple spin offs of each one?? How in hades can you be out of ideas...Give me a Break!!!!!!! Take some time off, and get back on the horse and ride it hard!!! If you do not want to continue, pass it on to someone who has the drive and the heart for the series like you did. Don't just bury it!!!
Bruce Timm, Please dont retire. We need you creating these cartoons for adults. Not the teen titan kinds. Come back soon, please. It was our pleasure watching the JL and JLU
It's sad to see JLU going away. Last season had been somewhat sub-par, but the final season had really been showing some promise. This isn't quite as bad a cancel as Teen Titans, but it's still sorry to see it go. Hopefully, the rumored Suergirl spin-off will take its place well.
That is really sad news. JLU is ending. That's like 1/8 of my life.
First Emmy-winning Samuri Jack and now this. God these guys are so retarded. Don't they know that with all the unlimited (no pun intended) amount of waiting-to-be-revamped comic book storylines at their disposal the show could go on for years? Maybe even pick up a Peabody or an Emmy or 12 on the way.
This show is ending!? Man some networks don't know what's good for them. This was one of the best shows on Cartoon Network. Batman Beyond, Teen Titans, and Static Shock are gone and now this. I hope it comes back one day.
i love justice league but some of the episodes
showed the ending of this show...but they are
replacing it with legion of superheros featuring
one of the latest episodes with supergirl leaving
to stay in the future. ya that legion. just thought
i mention that in cause some didnt know.. i
Can somebody tell me what happened to J'onn J'onzz, The Martian Manhunter? When did he disappear from the series? One day he's pulling command center duty, and the next thing I know, Mr. Terrific has taken his place. I'm not saying I don't like him (I do!). I just miss J'onn! Can somebody please give me some answers? I sure hope he makes it back for the finale.
This show was the best animated show on TV. They should have supported the show instead of spacing it out so far that no one could remember when it was on... Stupid networks, they always screw up the great shows.
I will NEVER understand the decision-making process involved in cancelling animated programming. Are cartoons cancelled as result of some perceived lack of merchandising potential? Or can it be attributed to the culture where animated programming is largely and incorrectly considered "children's programming" and the executive responsible for making such decisions is entirely disconnected from the genre? Whatever the case, the potential for these characters is huge, ever since the introduction of Batman the Animated Series (BTW -- it's about time Batman Beyond was brought to DVD). I can only hope that as Marvel Comics has finally submitted a respectable significant offering in Ultimate Avengers, the long-successful DC will continue their excellent programming by bringing Justice League back in feature-length, direct-to-DVD movies. And Bo-Bo-BoBo-Bo or whatever is still on the air? Incredible.
It's going to be sad to see the show end. But there are some things one can't control. I'll always remember the great nights I spent watching the show and will sorely miss it. Thanks Justice League Unlimited. You were the greatest animated program I have ever seen.
NOOOO!!!

ugh, this is just not cool
Man, why do they have to cancel such an awesome show? How come they're cancelling it? I thought it was doing quite well. Hopefully they'll bring it back again someday.
Having seen the finale, I find it hard to believe that it's the END. There will have to be at least one straight to DVD movie.

It was one of the best cartoon series' on television. But I guess it's not not anime enough or something. First Batman, then Superman, then Teen Titans, now this. I've pretty much given up.
What really sucks is i saw the finale back in November. So now to hear its cancelled ruins everything. I hope they have something they come up with next. This was the best series ever!
I don't believe it's ending. It was a great show and I'll hate to see it get cancelled. I can only hope that it goes the route of the family guy and returns once cartoon network comes to it's senses
It is kind of sad. It was like Saturday morning cartoons when I was a kid for me. NOw Saturday morning cartoons involve card games and battles with little action figures. Where the hell did these shows come from? Who knows? Maybe it'll get another lease on life from DVD sales and such.... worked for Family Guy...
Is it being cancelled or are the creators ending it themselves? This article is unclear. In either case, why? I don't get this at all. This is one of the best cartoons on television, not just Cartoon Network. And also, what will Bruce Timm and company do next? Well, in any event, I have been a fan of Bruce Timm's take on classic DC comics characters since his first work on Batman: The Animated Series. I hope this isn't the last we see of this creative team's efforts.
They say that all good things must end so that time has come for the Justice League animated series. I know I speak for many fans who feel bitterly dissappointed that "a dream come true" series is ending at the height of its popularity. The saddest news of all is that I do not think we will ever see something as good as this ever again. Hopefully, creative minds like those of Bruce Timm, Paul Dini and the like will prove me wrong.
Load More Comments