Law & Order: Criminal Intent Gets Locked Up For One Last Season

  • 6comments

... USA has renewed Law & Order: Criminal Intent for a tenth and "final" season. On board so far is star Vincent D'Onofrio, but other actors, including Jeff Goldblum, have yet to sign on. And even though USA is claiming this is the final season, creator Dick Wolf says there's always a possibility for more. [The Live Feed, Washington Post]

... Jorge Garcia, known as the adorable Ranch Dressing chugger from Lost, will make a guest appearance on ABC's Mr. Sunshine, the dramedy starring Matthew Perry. Garcia will play an employee of the sports stadium that Perry's character manages. [EW]

... Norm MacDonald, Saturday Night Live's best modern-era Weekend Update host (yeah, I said it!), is working with Comedy Central on a new project. The show would be a satirical glance at the sports world, possibly in a format similar to The Daily Show. Norm MacDonald and sports? All it needs is baby squirrels and it would have all three of my favorite things. [LA Times]

... Jerry Bruckheimer is getting soft. The Master of Explosion's TV production company has purchased the rights to the chick-flicky The Lost Girls, a proposed series based on the novel and blog of the same name. The project follows three women who gave up their professional lives to travel the world. This is not a repeat of Eat, Pray, Love, but it may as well be. [Deadline Hollywood]

... Spies are pretty cool these days, especially at NBC. The network already has Chuck, Undercovers, and another I probably missed, and now it can add Legends. The drama follows a CIA agent who specializes in false identities and goes on various missions to save the world from bearded bad guys. This is another Howard Gordon (24) project. [THR]

... Supernatural returns this Friday night, so here is a handy reminder that TNT is airing a 20-hour Supernatural marathon beginning Thursday at midnight (technically Friday) and ending just before the show's Season 6 premiere on the CW at 9:00pm. Get your hex bags and cheeseburgers ready. [Comic Book Resources]

... Discovery is suing two cast members of Deadliest Catch for failing to live up to their contracts. The $3 million suit says Jonathan and Andy Hillstrand backed out of finishing a one-time special called Hillstranded. [THR]


Follow TV.com writer Tim Surette on Twitter: @TimAtTVDotCom

Like TV.com on Facebook