Looking Back at Fringe's Five Seasons: The Top 20 Episodes

After a truly miraculous run, Fringe will say goodbye tonight with a two-hour finale that also marks the series' 100th episode. But as we near the end, I thought it'd be fun to look back—especially since the series has changed so many times throughout its five years on the air. And how better to do so than by compiling a list of the show's top 20 episodes?! The following rankings reflect my personal Fringe tastes; despite the series' very enjoyable mythology, I've also always liked its ability to tell complex emotional stories within the procedural framework. But whether or not your favorite episodes match mine, I look forward to hearing about them in the comments! (Readers from the future, this list was compiled before the two-part series finale.)

The Runners-up: “Pilot” (S01E01), “Lysergic Acid Diethylamide" (S03E19), “In Which We Meet Mr. Jones” (S01E07), “A New Day in an Old Town” (S02E01), and “Worlds Apart” (S04E20).

20. “The Bullet That Saved The World” (S05E04)

Fringe’s final season has had its hits and misses, but Etta’s death was both gut-wrenching in the moment and important for the season’s larger narrative interests.

19. "Subject 13" (S03E15)

A good chunk of the fanbase loves this episode more than I do. I can understand that: “Subject 13” is the spiritual successor to “Peter” and features a number of powerful moments. It’s very good. Yet, it always bothered me just how connected Peter and Olivia were from the beginning. That’s why this one is lower than you might expect.

18. "Momentum Deferred" (S02E4)

The show really moved to another level with this episode, in which Olivia discovered Charlie’s death and remembered her conversation with William Bell on the other side and Nina described the coming universe storm. Every one of Zack Stenz and Ashley Edward Miller’s episodes has been tremendous.

17. "A Short Story About Love" (S04E15)

I admire that Fringe has never been afraid of coming up with intimate, emotionally based—and sometimes very hokey—resolutions for its grand plots. Whatever you think about the choices the writers made in Season 4, it’s hard to deny the emotional wallop this episode delivered.

16. “The Plateau” (S03E03)

While my inclusion of this episode may surprise you, it managed—like so many of the episodes from the first half of the third season—to move the mythology arc forward while telling a very compelling procedural story. Anna Torv did really good work here.

15. "Grey Matter" (S02E10)

This was the quasi-sequel to “Momentum Deferred” in that it refocused on Newton and the shapeshifters (and was written by Stentz and Miller), but the episode also provided great material for John Noble’s Walter. "Grey Matter" is where we really started to get an idea of the lengths Walter would take to protect the world from himself.

14. "An Origin Story" (S05E05)

Season 5’s stand-out episode to this point. Etta wasn’t around enough for my liking, but the show put in a fine effort to make us realize how important she was after the fact, by showing the different ways her parents grieved.

13. "Ability" (S01E14)

The quality of Fringe’s first season is definitely up for debate, and while there were episodes before “Ability” that I recall fondly (“Bound” and “Safe” make a nice double feature), this one signaled to the audience that even when the show wanted to open up the mythology, those moves were always going to be character-based.

12. "Jacksonville" (S02E14)

And this was an even-better follow-up to “Ability.” For the most part, Fringe filled in its characters’ histories without trouble and "Jacksonville" is one of the better examples of that.

11. "Olivia" (S03E01)

The show’s best season premiere, from its best overall season. “Olivia” set the tone for a masterful stretch of about a dozen episodes that stack up against any show of this ilk.

10. "One Night in October" (S04E02)

The best part of Fringe’s multiverse hasn't been all the random differences in pop culture or technology, it’s been all the tiny differences in the personalities of people. The show regularly explored how that manifested in the lead characters, but this early Season 4 episode smartly used that device within the procedural framework, resulting in a curious examination of parenting and nurturing.

9. "Everything in Its Right Place" (S04E17)

Like “One Night in October,” this episode was interested in those incremental distinctions in personality—only here, Lincoln was the focus. I have my issues with Season 4 overall, but the development of Lincoln, in all versions, often paid great dividends for the show.

8. "The Firefly" (S03E10)

Fringe never shied away from piling on Walter for his decision to bring Peter over from the other side, but “The Firefly” moved that usually broad focus to a more minute level. Christopher Lloyd was one of the show’s better guest-stars, and Noble was expectedly great as Walter realized he needed to learn to let Peter go.

7. "There is More Than One of Everything" (S01E20)

The conclusion to David Robert Jones’ crusade to get to the other side was a tiny bit anticlimactic, but that resolution lulled us into a false sense of security just so the final 8-10 minutes of the episode could blow us away. To me, the reveal of Olivia’s location in the World Trade Center stands as one of the most truly shocking moments in recent television history.

6. "And Those We’ve Left Behind" (S04E06)

I think—or at least I hope—that Fringe will be remembered not for its grand mythology or alternate timelines, but for how consistently it was able to use “high-concept” and sometimes-convoluted storytelling devices to tell stirringly personal tales about people just trying to hold on to the people they love. That idea has powered the whole series and was on full display here, with real-life married couple Stephen Root and Romy Rosemont playing a married couple trying to keep their relationship alive.

5. "Over There" (S02E21/22)

This action-packed two-hour finale literally doubled the show’s universe and introduced a new set of characters, but also made sure to explain the motivations of those new characters (and in certain cases, make them completely sympathetic), something the third season would only further.

4. "Entrada" (S03E08)

The masterful climax to the early part of Season 3, and probably many fans’ pick to top this list. And while I have it in this spot, there’s nothing negative to say about “Entrada”; it was thrilling and poignant all at once.

3. "White Tulip" (S02E18)

The show’s best standalone episode and the best version of the kind of story we saw in “And Those We Left Behind.” Great work from Noble, Peter Weller, and Joshua Jackson.

2. "Peter" (S02E15)

What an episode. “Peter” blew the door open on the show’s mythology, never let the flashbacks slip into expositional overload, and fully placed both the main characters and the primary themes of family, history and loss at the center of the story. There were great episodes of Fringe before this one, but this is where the show became great.

1. "Marionette" (S03E09)

I know this might be a controversial choice. Most fans seem to celebrate “Entrada” as the apex of Season 3’s first arc, and while there’s nothing wrong with that school of thought, it was the next episode, “Marionette” where Fringe succeeded most. After all the twists and turns of those first eight episodes, the show simply refused to let anything—or anyone—off the hook for their actions. The scene with Olivia realizing that her home was no longer hers or somewhere she could feel comfortable is the absolute best scene in Fringe history and Torv’s best work as well. That scene is Fringe in a nutshell: Amid all the mind-binding, universe-crossing stories, this is a story about the deep, but flawed, connections between three people.

Going into tonight's series finale, which Fringe episodes would make YOUR list?

#1. Transilience Thought Unifier Model-11 (S05E01)

A despondent Walter tries to sleep but is distracted by reflections from outside, which he traces to a makeshift sculpture made of broken CDs. In a bag nearby he finds an undamaged CD and plays it on a car's stereo; he cries as it plays Yazoo's "Only You", the first music he's heard since awaking in 2036. As he mulls emotionally, he spies a single dandelion, growing from the rubble, and cries to himself.

greatest. scene. ever.
Seriously? No Brown Betty?
"White Tulip" has always been my favorite episode, I think, but I do not disagree with putting "Peter" and "Marionette" above it.
When I get a lot of free time, I think I will go back and re-watch the series from the beginning. It was such a wonderful, fun, emotional ride and I am happy that Fringe could end on its own terms.
"Marionette" is a great choice for No. 1.
Staff
So, would people put the finale on this list? I'm not sure I would.
i'd put in in there instead of alot of these episodes. id rate it higher than Firefly, Marionette, The Plateau, An Origin Story, One night In October, And Those we've left behind and Everything in its right place....Personally none of these would make my top 20.
Agreed. Definitely within my top 10 though. It made so many callbacks to the previous seasons and had so much emotional depth, it'd be an injustice to not be top 20. I'd say better than Marionette, The Plateau and Everything in it's Right Place.
This was a cool finale and a heart warming farewell. Cool because of all the fringe events put to use when attacking observer central. Cool for Olivia using her Cortexifan induced powers on Windmark (if that's his name.) Heartwarming with Peter and Walter and Walter and Astrid and September and his sprog and the final reuniting with Etta. But here's the thing. I think the better enemy was William Bell. The fact that the very first fringe event and near enough every other one after was concocted by Bell and his protege, that ginger fella. To dismiss an adversary like Bell, who BTW would shit down an observers exploded head was where they went wrong. To suddenly make the Observers the enemy just threw seasons 1 to 4 out the window. The season four finale should have seen bell succeed in making a world of Dr Moreau and have season five start from there. It's not that this season was bad it's that it should have been the best. It's like wearing a really expensive suit with a pair of Reeboks like chavs wear. Sorry for the rant. Oddly enough my favorite episode or scene was from season 5 episode 1 the at the end of Transilence Thought Unifier Model-11 when Walter walks out in his boxers and plays his trip mix 6 CD in that abandoned taxi, sees a single flower growing out of the asphalt and spills a tear seeing in it a sign of hope. Brilliant!
I wanted to rewatch some Fringe episodes today and ended up wanting to start with just one from S1, so I watched Ability cause it is on the list there. In this episode Walter reads from a manuscript that David Robert Jones (that ginger fella) lives by (coincidently Walter wrote that manuscript. The part that Walter reads is this:

"We think we understand reality, but our universe is only one of many. The unknown truth is that the way to travel between them has already been discovered. By beings, much like us, but whose history is slightly ahead of our own. The negative aspects of such visitations will be irreversable, both to our world and to theirs. It will begin with a series of unnatural occurances. Difficult to notice at first, but growing, not unlike a cancer, until a simple fact becomes undeniable. Only one world will survive. It will either be us, or them."

Now tell me again that the Observers weren't always meant to be the great big enemies of this show...
White Tulip was always one of my favourites and Season 3 was the strongest season IMO so hard to argue. Still buzzing from the finale and think especially the last episode would rank quite highly for me too.
I remember only one of the episodes (and that's one I'd rather forget). It might have helped to have a summary for each episode, especially since it's been years since many of these aired.

Marionette was not what I'd consider the best episode. It's just hard to forget it because it was so gross.
great to see Marionette in the top spot, it is my choice as well! Amazing ep. I also agree with places 2, 3 ,4. all in all, this top matches mine
I think S1E01 should be on the list, meeting Olivia, Peter and Walter for the first time. Who could forget that crazy looking Walter in the mad house? Fringe made the characters interesting from the word go, a lot of series just mess up the first time you get to meet a new character, I think it can make or break a show.
On a more soppy side, I wish we had got to see more of Peter and Olivia's lives as a married couple, or with their little baby, like a flashback to the wedding or in the hospital with the baby would of been nice imo. I think a lot of people were always rooting for them to fall in love and then they finally did but we didn't get to see much of it. Like I said, soppy :)
It's #25!
Oh no, I meant it should be on the top 20 list, not runner up, just imo :)
"Peter" is my number one favorite Fringe episode, and it always will be. After watching all the clues about Peter and Walter's history in season 1 and 2, the final answer was better than anything I could've imagined.
I gave up on Fringe after episode 10 of season 1 but looking over the list shows me that I should have stuck it out a little longer.
There's still Time...
You missed out, indeed.
Help me out. Why did the Visitor's 'invade'? Was there any connection between the 'war of the universes' with Walternate and the Visitors, or were they two separate story lines?
Decided to rewatch Entrada after reading this article. I had almost forgot how amazing Fringe's third season was. Then I watched the Olivia/Peter scenes of Marionette ... This show certainly is something special. Can't wait for the final episode, it'll be a tough goodbye =/
IMO season 3 of fringe stacks up pretty well with any other shows single seasons. my favs are in no order Heroes S1, Prison Break S1, fringe S3, lost S4 and 1.
Staff
The third season was undoubtedly the strongest.
I had a weird realization the other day, that if things reset after sending Michael to the future, then won't Peter and Olivia never meet, as an observer distracted walternate, when he was creating a formula, which prompted Walter to travel to the other side, which won't happen if the observers don't go back. (even though if the plan did work it would create a paradox anyway)
People are forgetting about the NEW timeline. At the end of Season 3, Peter and his son Henry were erased and a new timeline was created. That timeline is this timeline. Both young Peters died from an illness in 1985. Walter crossed over to try to save the other Peter but when they crossed back to the our (blue/this new timeline universe in which s4 and 5 took place) universe, the ice broke, September never dove in to save them, so the alternate Peter died too.
It wasn't until 2012 that Peter (original alt-Peter from s1-5) who was erased, came back into THIS new timeline.
So even if the Observers never existed, Peter would still be here. This final reset wouldn't have an effect on Peter because he was already living in a world where both versions of him died when they were kids. Olivia's memories from the old timeline got restored due to Cortexiphan and the inter-dimensional love her and Peter shared. Micheal, the child Observer, had the power to show Walter the old timeline (s1-3) that he shared with Peter and once he touched Walter in 5.10 he restored Walter's original timeline memories too. Michael did the same for Nina before she died.
However that doesn't mean that he restored the timeline.
We were still in the NEW (s4-5) timeline in which both Peter's died. Alt-Broyles and David Robert Jones were alive hanging out with Alt Nina and and William Bell was barking mad and trying to create his own universe....and so on.
This is the timeline in which Season 5 took place folks!
Nobody even met Peter before he showed up in episode 4.04 "Subject 9".
So when people ask: "If the Observers never existed, September never interrupted Walternate in the lab and therefore Peter would've stayed in the alternate universe and never met our Olivia." Wrong!
This is the new timeline in which both Peters died and the original timeline Peter only showed up in 2012. Observers or no Observers, they wouldn't have an effect on Peters existence at all. He was already an anomaly/paradox.
NEW TIMELINE PEOPLE!!!
Sidenote: If it helps, think of Peter as the "Desmond Hume" of Fringe. He is "The Constant" in the world of variables in Fringe. All of our other characters had alternate versions of themselves and then new timeline versions of themselves and their alternates.
While Peter (against all odds) remained the same Peter throughout the entire 5 seasons.
More +
I think I have a top 23...
Pilot
the Arrival (at the end when Peter finally "gets it")
There's More than one of Everything (agree= World Trade Center shot)
Grey Matters
Johari Window
White Tulip (Walter being forgiven means everything to him)
the Man from the Other Side
Northwest Passage
Over There Parts 1 & 2
Olivia (the beginning with the cab driver is a great sequence)
Entrada (Colonial Broyles does have a heart!)
the Firefly (Christopher Lloyd, 'nuff said)
Marionette (Walter and Olivia share similar feelings about Fauxlivia)
Bloodline (the birth scene with Fauxlivia, Henry, and Lincoln)
LSD (I am a sucker for side story episodes and Walter's tripping episodes)
One Night in October (the idea of a civilian going over to the other side is interesting)
Making Angels (the two Astrid's...)
Welcome to Westfield (mmm rhubarb pie...)
Everything in it's Right Place (the Lincoln storyline is really good)
Worlds Apart (Lincoln choosing to live on the other side has always seemed selfish to me)
the Recordist (the way they record knowledge sounds a lot like and episode of ALIAS)
Through the Looking Glass and what Walter Found There
the Boy Must Live (by far the best episode of season 5 so far)
Well I know Cory doesn't like Season 4 whereas that's the only season that I really liked (at least the first 2/3rds) so I'm glad to see that despite this there were some great Season 4 episodes making Cory's list.
personally i liked the second half of season 4...from eps.12-22 much better than the first 11 (except for the disappointing disappearance of William Bell and the unanswered questions that were left after he disappeared.
Staff
You are correct. I'm generally lukewarm to the show on a macro level after the season three finale, but there are still some great individual episodes present in S4 and S5.
Ok , i guess am missing something but i need to know cause it is bugging me ! I remember at some point olivia got a drawing of a man who will kill her and no matter what is going on , she will be dead ! Is it was other timeline ? Or that story plot closed and i don't remember :S
Staff
Apparently, they tried to say in some interview what Mr. X would be Bell, but that A.) doesn't really make sense and B.) never came to pass. It's a dropped thread.
They did address it, she did die - if only for a little while, check end of season 4
But the man in the cartoon was clearly not Walter(nate) or William Bell--because Walter and Bell were clearly depicted in the drawing, and were not the man with the X on his shirt. It was fairly clearly a dropped plot point.
ya , she killed by walternate ..not by the man from the drawing .I was asking about the whole drawing thing!! thx anyway ;)
Mr. X is Walter at the end of s4 having to shoot Olivia to stop her from powering Bell's universe collapse. Watch s4 eps 21 & 22. Joel Wyman confirmed this via Twitter.
That's something they fumbled and forgot to ever address (unless it'll come back this evening).
I almost feel ashamed for picking something in season 2 when season 3 was just so powerful, plus that was still at the beginning of everything really getting going, but Season 2, Episode 18 "White Tulip" is my number one. Obviously you think it's big, too, as it's your number 3, but it's higher for me. "And Those We've Left Behind" is close, but "White Tulip" is just where it came together for me. I could literally see the entirety of the mythology unfolding from that episode. It brought together all of the characters, the emotions to a head and leading us to realize that it is up to us to make up for the wrongs around us, those we caused, and those we didn't, while furthering and showing the full depth of the multiverse and fabric that is "Fringe".
There are so many phenomenal episodes, I don't think I could ever make a list of my favourites. I have loved this show from the beginning, and tonight is just incredibly bittersweet. Thank you, Fringe, for bringing us a show that was always about the relationships and connections between people, and how people behave at the extremes of them. We'll never forget you, Fringe.
It was I think the end (or mid-season end) of season 1 when I decided not to watch Fringe, I liked it but it wasn't Kicking in for me and I had many things going on so I had to cut my ^activities^ to do more work. And at that time this happened, that episode, very end of it when the guy suddenly disappeared right before our eyes and a lot more happened in that episode. That was the moment that put me to get back to Fringe again and I never think to stop watching Fringe ever.

Even the weakest episodes has something great in them and far better than many other shows.
pretty good list but youre missing one episodio "Bad Dreams" from season one, amazing, how it starts as a case of the week episode and all the sudden, it transforms to one of the best episodes, and we learn so much about olivia as a kid and the trials and all

and of course, the end, with walter watching the tape, total shocking
Staff
That's a good episode for sure. It was also on the original list of 35-50.
I think "Letters of Transit" from season four , at least , must be in the top ten!
"And Those We've Left Behind" is probably my absolute favorite, just because of its extremely powerful yet understated theme. God, it's great.

But it's hard to argue with many of these, especially the season three choices--I totally agree that that was easily the show's best season.
Makes me want to rewatch the whole 5 seasons. Great article, thank you for the honor to a great show. Now let's hope the ending will be the most amazing of them all.
Great list. Couldn't agree more with you... Marionette, White Tulip, Entrada, And Those We've Left Behind... so many episodes from different seasons and yet it seems like yesterday.
How nostalgic. I'm probably going to watch the series from the start almost immediately.
Happy Fringe Day everyone and a bittersweet day it is. The List is good but it's about 80 episodes short and of course you know that. As I re-watch the series (mid season 2 now) I find it even better the second time around seeing all the things I missed and noting how well-constructed this show was. Season 5 has been very good in my mind when you think about how all that has gone before relates to it meaningfully. This was the plan all along. Thanks for the wonderful article paying tribute to one of the best shows of all time and maybe it's good that it gets to go out on a high note even though we all want more...
Forgot to mention, thanks TV.Com. In one of the podcasts I asked for special articles for when great series end, some kind of a eulogy. This might not be exactly what I had in mind, but it still is great when something special and extra is written for a good show nearing or after its end.

Thanks TV.Com and Cory!
Welcome to Westfield should be here!
agreed
Staff
Another really good episode. There's a slew of episodes that I initially jotted down that simply didn't make it.
Fair enough, aside from that you put together a great list. It's Fringe's fault it has so many good episodes, you just can't fit them all in a top 20 list.
Whoever came up with the idea for this article deserves a bonus. You can never go wrong with an article praising the greatness of Fringe.
here here!
While I applaud this article and your list, I must say im.shocked you didnt add Letters of Transit to this list. Definitely in my top 5.
my top 3 has to be:
5:Black Blotter
4:Letters of Transit
3: Worlds Apart
2: Peter
1: Entrada
Top 5. I also must give shoutouts to LSD, Making Angels, and The Bullet That Saved the World

Tough show for a list like this, where mot episodes are fantastic
Staff
I kind of hated Letters of Transit when I saw it first, but it's obviously improved because of S5. Still, not really near these episodes -- at least for me.
oh wow, to each his own. I loved it when I first saw it, I compared it to Dollhouse's Epitaph 1, with Season 5 being the follow up. The Final Season's had its ups and downs but I loved that Fringe evolved into a post-apocalyptic show, it really boosted the stakes of how legendary this show is.
The only missed opportunity for Fringe: a vague, but "look who we have here" guest spot by David Duchovney or Gillian Anderson (or both).

Because it totally makes sense.
well, a TV screen showed an episode of X-Files in the season 2 opener ... that was the closer we had.
This is a very good list and one that will make me want to rewatch some of these great episodes. One episode that I always loved was a bit of a stand alone episode in Season 2 Episode 21's Northwest Passage. It kind of had an X Files feel to it and I really connected with the minor characters storylines. I wouldn't call it my favorite episode but one I feel deserving of a top ten choice.
Staff
I really enjoyed that one too. It was on the first (and much longer) version of the list.
Love Fringe! forever will be missed!!!
Staff
Cory, I LOVED Marionette too. Great list.
Hey Tim, did you write a review for the last two episodes of Fringe? I just saw episode 10 Anomaly XB-6783 and can't find your review!! I need it
He did not...
He most certainly did for the most recent episode.
Spoiler Alert!

Jacksonville, being the episode where Olivia realises Peter is from the other side, should be a little higher...

First we get to see how much of a monster Walter was back then (torturing Olivia and the other Cortex-o-Childs), and the contrast with the crazy old man that he is now imploring her to keep his secret is only more poignant. For me a lot of shows become great when they manage to shock the audience breathless, and that reveal was one great punch.
I am soooo sick of this. What does it take for people to appreciate Josh's work on this crappy show? Why does John and Anna get all the damn credit?
Let me guess. You're the type that thinks things like CSI and NCIS are better than Fringe. In which case no one really cares what a person like you thinks.
crappy??? get the fuck out of here!
Marionette is my favourite episode too! (Followed closely by Firefly) Season 3 was just an amazing season overall. I loved the way the relationships were portrayed in such a complex way. The case of the week was Fringe-creepy, but also heartbreaking and it paralleled Olivia/Peter's relationship so well. That Olivia speech at the end gets me every time D:
I can't make a top 20, it's too hard. But my favourites episodes are: Peter; White Tulip, Olivia, The End of All Things, A Short Story About Love, Jacksonville, Over There 1/2, Entrada, Worlds Away, Ability, The Arrival, Lysergic Acid Diethylamide and One Night in October. I'm going to miss this show so much. So many scenes, so mane dialogues, so much emotion.
Wayy to hard to name my top 20 but besides these 20, I would also include Worlds Apart and the season 5 premiere. The last scene was great enough to warrant a place in any TOP :)
Only 20 episodes?! You could have easily named at least 50 of them! Nah, I'm kidding of course. Fringe is a great show, much more than some X-Files ripoff or something.
It has it's own identity, it's own mythology, characters you love and characters you love to hate. Great production values - writing, acting, music, everything. It's sad to see it go, it could have gone on for two more seasons with ease, but we should be happy with what we got. 5 seasons, 100 episodes. Firefly fans would give their left kidney to FOX for that many. A lot of great shows were cancelled after 13 eps or a couple of seasons or so, and we got to the 100 episode milestone countless shows can/could in the past only dream about. Wasn't easy, but we made it. So I say, let's remember all the good times, be thankful, and most of all be happy that this show was created and it gave us so many hours of great entertainment.
Have fun watching the finale!
Staff
Hey, when I pitched this to Jen I wanted to rank ALL OF THEM.
Holy crap that seems like a lot of work.
my top 20. this is actually really hard. plz comment below on what u think
(1) Peter -- This was THE episode that brought it all together. it gave us answers that we NEEDED to know.
(2) Entrada -- fantastic way to close out the Olivia story-arc; had everything one could want
(3) Grey Matters -- great new revelations about Walter; great action
(4) Theres More Than One of Everything
(5) White Tulip -- the single best stand-alone ep. that was emotional and fantastic
(6) The End of All Things -- Peter in September's mind, truth about Observers, and Olivias superpowers. nuff said
(7) Ability -- our first look at Jones and Olivia's mind bending awesomeness
(8) Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep -- the action in this was just awesome
(9) Over There Pt.1/2 -- just a fantastic finale in almost every way
(10) The Bullet That Saved The World -- tragic event that helped get us into the meat of s.5
(11) Olivia -- the best season premiere and Olivia kicking ass
(12) A Short Story About Love -- satisfying conclusion to the Olivia memory arc.
(13) Brave New World Pt.1/2 -- i really enjoyed this finale (except the end w/ Bell); but still it was great throughout. And the interrogation was creepy as all hell.
(14) Momentum Deferred -- charlie's death, newton's intro., great start to s.2
(15) The Road Not Taken -- just a great penultimate episode
(16) Enemy of My Enemy -- fantastic kick start to season 4
(17) Jacksonville -- our first look at Olivia's past and made us feel what she went through
(18) Bad Dreams -- introduces us to the first cortexiphan kid Mr. Nick Lane
(19) The Day We Died -- a cool future trip and crazy, wtf final moment
(20) Safe -- really kickstarted a slow start to season 1
Mine would come from the first three seasons for sure. Hate to hold onto that Peter reboot thing forever and have come to understand why but nothing compares to those first three Fringe seasons. I liked anything that was with that British guy who was split in half in the dimension device. Plus the other guy that connected the bridge for the guy to walk over. I don't remember names much, haha.
I would have removed "And those we left behind" because, as you point out, it's a rehash ( and a lesser version )of "White tulip", and added "Making angels", for Jasika Nicole's acting ( all those season 4 episode using the red universe were great ) ! Otherwise, great list.
This is and will always be.... the BEST show in TV history... FRINGIE 4 LIFE
Subject 13 was s.3 ep.15 (not 5)
Staff
Yup, duh. We'll get that fixed.
just thought id point it out :)
Much appreciated.
I'm just too sad it's ending. This show in its entirety will forever stay in my heart. These characters are unforgettable (like lost's).