Looking Back on True Blood Season 5... and Predicting Season 6!

Just over a week has passed since True Blood ended its fifth season, and I'm still reeling over everything that went down. Let's pool our info so we don't spend all winter biting our nails. Okay? I need your help.

Oh, but before we talk about Season 6,we have to watch this BONUS SCENE FROM THE SEASON 5 FINALE.

Okay. Okay. Deep breaths.

Nora knows about Warlo, so clearly he is going to be the "big bad" next season (or you know, fairy depression, or Alcide's dad's mortgage payments, or vampire post offices, because this show will play upon your expectations like a guttersnipe plays three-card monte: with misdirects and cheats).

Anyhoo, Warlo as a "big bad" may go up against Bill next season in competing for Sookie, or maybe he'll even work with Bill to obtain Sookie? Guys, Bill is evil right now, or so we assume, but is there a chance Lillith's powers could somehow suddenly desert him, leaving a humbled, naked man with no sense of ethical moorings? Or will he just stomp around being a giant blood-covered A-hole for another TWO YEARS? Because: Guys, rumor has it (and this is such an unfounded rumor, okay? Somebody just, like, said it to me at a party, because all I do is talk about True Blood at all times. This next thing is speculative to the point where TV.Com is like "Oh bitch please, stop lying!" and I assume full responsibility if I’m wrong: ) True Blood's secretly been approved for two more seasons, so we've got 20 percent of the entire series to look forward to, turned over into the capable hands of Mark Hudis, a man responsible for such feel-good favorites as Cybill, That 70's Show and Nurse Jackie.

Let's just take off the gloves and discuss the books for a moment. I used to give spoiler alerts before discussing the books, but now things have gone so far off the rails I really question whether I should. Suffice it to say, if you don't want to hear book discussion and presumably spoilers, scroll down to the line of asterisks. Everybody else, keep reading:

In the books, Sookie vampire-marries Eric and finds out the fairies were responsible for slaying her parents, not a vampire. But Warlo has been confirmed by Nora mentioning his name (and we know from the finale that Nora has never run into fairies before, so there goes any "Warlo is part fairy" theory I may or may not have been secretly considering), and Hudis may not be as familiar with the book series as Ball, who vocally loved them and kept the seasons more or less in line with the major arcs of the books (right up until the fifth season).

*************************************************************************************************************************

Also, Sookie no longer has a choice for a love interest except for Eric, if Eric is even interested. If Hudis even wants a romance, it's either Sookie & Eric or conjure up a new character, because Alcide has had been glamorized into being repulsed by Sookie, Sam is all up in that sweet, possibly dead Luna, and Bill is an angry god who will be listening to Ani DiFranco and appearing naked all next season. And Hoyt is out of town. Have I missed anyone?

Jason, according to that bonus clip above, is in highly anti-vampire psycho killer mode, but I have a feeling he'll get snapped out of that very quickly, like, by the second episode of Season 6.

Tara and Pam are very psyched about a future date. AS AM I. Will their romance sustain MAYBE two seasons' worth of True Blood's manic sexual energy? I doubt it. No one gets out of this mess unscathed, and as Alan Ball himself said to TV Line, "You have to throw a monkey-wrench into [relationships on this show], because to have people be happy is not that exciting."

Looking at the clip, Jessica managed to keep Jason calm in the elevator. If anyone deserves a happy ending, it's these two. I predict we'll spend the next two episodes with them as our Sam and Diane, all, "Will he stop hating vampires?" and "Will she want to suck other guys' necks?" and "Did we erase a man's brain because we couldn't keep our genitals in line?" until she finally just turns Jason. I mean, is there a happy ending if you don't become a vampire? Shouldn't Sookie WANT to be a vampire, and shouldn't we all if the other option is wrinkles + a cold grave?!

Moving on, Andy Bellefleur having a passel of fairy-smelling infants is clearly significant. Will they attract the pedophile, burnt-up vampire who was left as a loose end in the Authority shakedown? Will they simply be vampire bait in the unsettled, synthesized blood-free Season 6? Will Andy be forced to stake vampire after vampire while trying to boil bottles on his stove a la Mr. Mom? Will an attack on her babies mean Murella is compelled to lead her fairy family into a fairy-vampire war? What would end faster, me blowing a bubble-gum bubble or a fairy vampire war, since the fairies are about as effective as cellophane blackout curtains?

Even less effective: the werewolves. There will be some tweaking V-fiends running around.

Also, what 'bout our dear inbred rapey friends in Hotshot? Will the were-panthers make a return to the screen?

Finally, Steve Newlin is one of the only inner-circle Authority members who survived. Will he try to avenge Russell? Will he pursue Jason, throwing his hat alongside Jessica's, the werepanthers', and any number of small-town tramps in the "We Want Jason Stackhouse" ring? This could be a whole spin-off series really, and all the time Ryan Kwanten looks more and more drawn, like if someone would just put a grain of rice or any simple carb on his tongue he would BURST INTO TEARS. Is there any worse hell than having to look like you're 23 for seven years? I don't know.

Guys, Season 6 is anyone's game. Ball and ergo the books are out the window. Hudis could try and carve out a new niche, make the characters his own, or try to reset by reverting to the classic love triangle dynamic that made so many of our knees weak in Season 1. What are your predictions for Season 6? More importantly, what would you WANT to happen?

Oh and here's Ball saying thanks and talking up last week's finale like it was some big deal. OKAY IT TOTALLY WAS!

ANSWER ALL MY QUESTIONS:

– Steve Newlin: Out for blood?

– How long 'til Jason snaps out of his concussive homicidal inclinations?

– Will Sookie have a romance in a future season or is she just now a cipher for loneliness and alienation?

– Why would Nora know about Warlo?

– Will the werewolves ever do anything except unemployment?

– What's happenin' in Hotshot these days?

– Is Bill going to be evil forever or can his situation be diffused?

– Jason and Jessica: together at last?

– BOOK PEOPLE: What character from the books do you wish would make an appearance?

– Tara and Pam: Together forever?

– Are baby quadruplets vampire bait? Will they continue aging rapidly?

– Take a shot in the dark: What will happen next season?

I was wondering too if, someday, "Jason's panther-sons" will re-apper.

I really hoped that woudl have Bill finally died, but I guess I have to wait again
- Newlin probably will be out for blood... since there's no more 'True Blood' around. But revenge? C'mon now - one of the main things to come out from season 2 is how incompetent he is at grand scheme. Maybe he'll pop out next year, but not as a major character. It's exactly like that whole 'Steve-must-be-the-guy-who-dug-out-Russell' nonsense from the beginning of the season - 'member that? People just love overestimating the actual impact of that character, just cause he's funny, in a pathetic sort of way...

- I hope Jason is in vampire-killing mode THE WHOLE SEASON. I have zero interest seeing him completely regressing from what he went through in the past couple of weeks (in the "True Blood" timeline) just for some cheap-ass romance. Seriously, Sparks... do you secretly hate the guy? How can you so easily forget the whole Hoyt incident? HIS ACTUAL BBF ERASED HIM FROM HIS ENTIRE LIFE BECAUSE HE SLEPT WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND. Hey, I'm the first one to admit Jase sometimes seems pretty callous to the people around him. but how can you miss how much this hurt him? Plus, do we really want the return of the bloodsucker-loving Jason when a truly dangerous vampire is walking around, wanting to drink up his sister? Of course we don't - duh! Finally, if Jason becomes a vampire too... at this point,why don't we just make the whole of Bon Temps a full-on Nosferatu nest? What's the point of stupid humans anyway? Cause, hell, vampire SURE looks like the happiest folks on Earth, don't they?... Lord. Lilly, may I suggest you reading a little bit less "Twilight" and a little bit more Rice's "Vampire Chronicles"? Just to remind yourself of how much eternity actually blows...

- Sooke got to learn to be single for a while. Also, she has to learn to prioritize - obviously, starting or re-starting any relationship is pretty pointless if a vampire who sees you as his property manages to get your ass...

- Nora was in the Authority for quite a while now. I imagine she would know whether or not Dracula is still around, let alone some guy named Warlo...

- Alcide, got a job... right? That wasn't quite clear toward the end of the season, since he decides to hang out with his drunk father, but he still owns a construction company... right?

- The whole Hotshot thing better be brought back again very soon - this thread have been left hanging for far too long now.

- Once again, stop looking at this situation with your damn pink glasses, Sparks! Bill as a completely evil-doucing blood god is AWESOME! So many interesting things could be done out of this premise. Honestly, I doubt this is going to last too long (I have a feeling Warlo is going to be push hard as the Big Bad for this coming year), but, as long as they can keep it going, I'm gonna keep loving it.

- I already gave my two cents about those two. To reiterate: complete against it. Some people (hello, Lilly!) seem to think, since Hoyt got rid of all of his memory of Jason and Jessica, that should give them a free pass to hook up again; but, really, it should actually make them tremendously awful about hooking up in the first place, and credit must go to Jason for being as affected as he is about this whole mess. I'm not really surprisingly by Jessica's sudden realization about her love to Jason - emotionally speaking, she is a child stuck in a woman's body, and she proved it once again here. But, and it bears to be repeated once again: Jason went through A LOT this season. Losing Hoyt, realizing he traded sex for feeling his whole life, the Warlo factor, his reborn (and really unhealthy) relationship with his dead parents... bottom line: the good ol' Jason seem pretty gone. There's a darkness rising from that boy, and that darkness is interesting. So let's ruin the good thin we have going right now to go back to some tepid romance we manage to pass over.

- .... Dracula is in one of those books, isn't he?

- Not a chance... let's enjoy the steamy love-making while it last.

- Definitely... and maybe.

- Alan Ball won't be running the show... Warlo will be the Big Bad... and Eric will end up having sex with someone. Other than that, who knows?

FINALLY WORDS: 'don't know about Hundis as the new showrunner. I can't go after him for "Cybill", since Ball also had his hands all over that one, but "That 70's show"? Oi... Anyway, let's wait and see...
All I can say is that this season left me debating as to whether or not I want to tune in next season 6. Hudis sure has his work cut out for him...

That said I reckon the reason Ball drowned us in all these dead-end, couldn't care less sub-plots were Anna's real life pregnancy (meaning no raunchy scenes for her and just generally less screen time) and Alexander's filming schedule as he takes on more and more movie roles. Not sure how these two contracts are going to look like if the show is indeed renewed for 2 more seasons but one can only hope it might give the plot line a bit more stability.

Honestly I think the show has lost it's way and is reaching for this brass ring of insanity all the time. I mean there was a point where it was real people living their lives while dealing with the supernatural. Now, it's just a bunch of characters who react to supernatural stuff in the most blase fashion. Also, they have got to cut down on the side stories.

I know this season they couldn't do all Sookie all the time, but they had a pretty awesome central story they could have fleshed out. Instead we had Terry chasing around the dreaded "Ear Feet" and people going around in Obama masks taking orders from a chubby lady in a kimono. It added zero to the story and were an anchor around the neck of "the good stuff".
Tks to correcting me on season numbers..got ahead of myself. I agree with the comment that True Blood is the best vampire franchise out there..can't comment on vampires diaries 'cause i've never watched it tho i say that comparing a network show to a premium cable show is apples and oranges. Network TV has to appear to the widest possible audience AND stay on the right side of the censors..try and imagine True Blood as a network show. It would have to change beyond all recognition. Cable gives the writers plenty of space to push the boundaries. As for Twilight, it was written for teens, hence the lack blood and sex we love True Blood for. I totally agree with OP's comments...great suggestions!
I too would like to see Niall; I couldn't care less about Warlow and I'm sure he won't make much splash overall; I wish Pam will get over this girlish first date jitters and forget all about Tara; maybe Tara can die this next season along with Nora :); I hope Lafayette will be more of himself and get more quality screen time in s6; I would love to see Eric tricking Sookie into marrying him vampire style; Steve Newlin could be fun to watch whatever he does; maybe Jason will kill Tara, wouldn't that be FUN; Bill should remain as evil and crazy as possible; All the others, I simply don't care about (even if Andy's babies birth scene was one of the BEST True Blood moments!!!)
-Yeah. Jason's. He seems like he just wants to belong to someone or something, that's essentially how he was as a human. He'd go back to being someone's sidekick or...uh, side pieces in no time, but he would want a little of the Stackhouse Special to hold him over until then.

- I'd say episode two or three. I don't think that'll last too long.

- I'm betting another attempt at a fling with Alcide (dude doesn't do well with the tweakers and Ricki may be hooked) and there will at least be all that sexual tension and innuendo between her and the best vampire viking around.

- Met him in passing? She was the poltical go to person it seemed. Rubbed a few elbows, had her ear to the ground...I don't know. I'm not all that interested in Nora, so I let out a wee bit of a frustrated sigh when she said that to Jason, because it implied she'd be sticking around a tad longer. Maybe Nora is like the Olivia Pope of the vampire world or something. She's connected to folks.

- Oh no, now that Alcide is running stuff, unemployment is no more. I'm expecting him to attempt to mold a pack of chronic do gooders, naturally there shall be resistance.

-No clue.

- I wish it'd be forever, but of course it'll be diffused. The question is when. I hope they at least dedicate as much time to Billith as they did to amnesiac Eric.

-Maybe by next season's end. After he recovers from his vamp hating relapse.

- Technically, yes, Tara and Pam forever. In the romantic sense, no, of course not. Neither of them are great in the love department. Awesome part is, the maker/makee relationship is so undefinable...but so intriguing and has a bit of permanency that it should be interesting to watch. Even when they aren't giving each other lovin they'll still love each other.I actually enjoyed them as they were, before Tara went all heroic and mouth attacked Pam. Would have loved to have seen that fostered a bit more, but hey, at this point I just like Pam and Tara however I get them, as long as they are together. Vampirism and Pam have done wonders with Tara as a character. Finally.

-Yes. Which is why I got confused. Fairy chick essentially set her fae babies up to be massacred. She left them in the human world, drawing even more attention to the fairies...in a town infested with True Blood deprived vamps, and left them with their father...the world's dumbest sheriff (outside of Carol Forbes). It made no sense to me whatsoever.But by the premiere Andy will undoubtedly have four (or maybe three...he'll lose one) kindergartners running around driving him nuts.

- I only bet on sure things. Eric will be freaking Awesome. Bill will be "redeemed". Warlo wll be revealed. Alcide will be shirtless.
Interesting theories, I'm sure some of them will stick but the most important element of each True Blood season is introducing a new supernatural element, so while following the current plotlines to possible conclusions is relevant, the new plots will be more significant.
I'm a book person, and I want Quinn to livin' up Sookie' s love life, and create the love triangle with Eric since Bill seems to be indisposed at the moment. And I would love for Jessica and Jason to be together. That is all :-)
Answer all your questions? Damn Lily, you're making us work here.

I just have to say that so far all the first episodes of the seasons (seasons two, three, four and five) have been much more anti-climactic than the finales. The finales have always had massive cliffhangers, but then in the first episodes of the following seasons the tension has been resolved in five minutes. Like in the finale of season four, Steve Newlin with fangs appeared at Jason's door. The viewers probably expected an epic fight to ensue at the beginning of this season, but instead, Steve just confessed his love to Jason. So I'm guessing the same thing will happen at the beginning of next season. Bill will run after Sookie and Eric, only to be knocked out during the first seconds or something like that. Then they probably call for Lafayette and abracadabra, Bill is as back to normal.
I know this is a minority opinion, but Season 6 was a bit of a letdown. After a fantastic Season 5 I was so up for Season 6. I was jazzed about Chris Meloni joining the cast and the return of Russell Edgington could only be a good thing and Rev Newlin as a vamp was a hoot. Why then was it a less fun? Lots of reasons I suppose but given that they only had 12 episodes to work with I think the story arc should have been less ambitious. The plotlines were too numerous and never fully explored. The actors are all terrific but by trapping Eric and Bill in the Authority headquarters all season was a mistake and killing off all the snarky vamps and leaving the with drippy Nora and uninteresting Salome was wrong. I'm hoping that Season 6 will come back with tighter writing and a cohesive storyline. I'm also hoping the new boss will bring things back to the stories in the books. There are plenty of interesting characters in the books that can be used rather than creating pale imitations...for instance this vamp thats terrorizing sookie...totally lame and unnecessary. For instance, bring in Bubba for comic relief. Also stop making Bill such a douche and give Eric back his edge.
You're a year ahead on your seasons. Season 6 hasn't aired yet. But I found this last season to be so much better than the previous one (the "Season of the Witch", as I like to call it), which at times was just godawful, IMO, and I'm pretending that most of it never happened. S5, and especially "Save Yourself" made up for it entirely, though.
The show keeps the spirit of the books perfectly alive. It's a great adaptation and u need to analyze a little bit further than this. Some situations may be different but they keep the characters going in the same direction and there are stories from the books (Sweety rings any bells?). People keep complaining all the time about the path the show has taken (still don't know why they keep watching) and they forget that this is based on books and they have to adapt an increbibly complicated world (with soooo many more things that the show) narrated 100% of the time by Sookie (hence if the characters doesn't interact with her they do not appear). It's so perfect the way they're doing it! Going from less to a lot exactly like in the books.
Great season, a bit chaotic and often ridiculous, but really fun to watch.

- I suspect Newlin will be sucking up [get it?] to Warlo next season, he is a power whore after all.

- I don't think Jason will be back until the Fairies bring him back. It was [the ridiculous] Faerie Elder that put the wammie on him in the first place, remember, when she tried to shoot Edgington and Jason was thrown in the way.

- She'll have a romance in all the seasons, it just won't be as interesting as when she was with Eric [or Bill, I suppose].

- Nora probably knows Warlo through the Authority, but it would be cool if they were in a '70's punk rock band together.

- No. The 'Shifters, Panthers and even the crappy Fairies are more interesting than the unimaginatve cluster-fuck of a cliche that is "The Pack". The writers need to watch Teen Wolf before next season.

- ? Probably just more inbreeding and eating bunnie rabbits. Who really cares? They were more interesting than the werewolves but I still don't miss them.

- Obviously he'll become a good guy again and I'll go on record right now and say that it will be Sookie that ultimately saves him. I hope we get to see him be evil for at least a season, but I'm expecting it to last three episodes tops.

- I think he'll refrain from trying to kill her, but they don't stand a chance until the Fairies de-wammie him.

- No. Pam will get bored, or one will die or simply move on or join a '70's punk rock tribute band. I'll give them 'till mid-season.

- Yes & Yes. Those babies are going to bring down a world of shit on Andy and I don't think the Fairies will get involved.

- By the end of episode three Sookie will bring Bill back to the land of the good.

An episode or two later a fairy will de-wammie Jason, but Jessica will be pissed at him by then because of all the anti-vampire rhetoric.

"The Pack" will fight the ferrell Vampires.

The Fairies will continue to be dicks and only give Sookie cryptic bullshit half answers until she is nearly killed by Warlo and then they will say "oh yeah, by the way..."

Warlo will show up, obviously, and somehow enforce a ridiculous contract which means Sookie will have to go with him, thus ensuring that the Bon Temps Supernatural Freedom Fighting League will jump into action to save Sookie's dumb ass.

I do like this show but some of the writing is just awful. Outside of the Vampire group I just don't care about any of the storylines or most of the characters in them. And seriously, Bon Temps would be looking like Sunnydale in the last season of Buffy by now. All the humans would have hightailed it outta there. The only thing I really hope for during a season of True Blood is that I'll have fun watching parts of it whilst enduring the filler. I expect that to continue.
Steve Newlin will probably say that he wants vengeance, but he'll probably forget it after an episode, when something else shiny comes along. Jason even though a fun character, is a bit stupid, he'll probably snap out of it in an episode or two. I have a feeling, season 6 will have a time jump in the first episode. During that time, Sookie and Eric will either rekindle their romance or the whole season will be just them working together against Billith. This will probably aid the director in bringing back the love triangle as a season 7 main theme. I found curious that an old vampire like Nora, didn't know anything about fairies. I think it was a deliberate attempt to confuse the viewer. I for one, really liked the book's way; that the fairies killed Sookie's parents. Jason and Jessica will not end up together (unless jason is turned) On the other hand,, I definitely give Pam and Tara (not Tara and Pam) a full season of happiness together. They will probably break up by the end of this season. It's really interesting how Tara became INTERESTING after a couple of episodes of interaction with the amazing Pam. Andy's babies are an interesting sub plot. I honestly think, it can go either way. I don't care what happens next season. I know its going to be amazing and I just want season 6 to come as soon as possible.
What I didn't like in this season, in addition to the thousands plots thrown around randomly, was the lack of atmosphere. Season 1, with its tense moments and its thick shadows, is very far away. Pity because the main plot was giving ample possibility, but... nothing.

For example, the night scenes outdoor in the last episodes should have dripped with tension, with vampires on the loose hunting for blood, and instead there was no single moment where I felt anxious.

Also I think the authority compound was a serious setting mistake, completely uninspired and lame. One of the worst choices I've ever seen for a setting in a tv series ever, considering the amount of time the season spent over there.

So for the next year I HOPE they will restore first of all the atmosphere of the first seasons. For sure Alan Ball has left the authors a completely destroyed setting, with the Authority annihilated (so no big vampire guide), no Trublood, humans knowing the plot of the sanguinistas. I hope they will use this occasion for a new beginning. I smell human-vampire war (and eventual attempt for a reconciliation by the end of the series in the hand of a new and more humanized authority - Jessica anyone?) as underlining theme for the season.

For a more personal plot, I think the season will be split in two, with Bill as the main enemy for the first half and Warlow for the second half (I guess the hunting for Warlow will be the main plot, with Bill as a distraction for the beginning of the series).

I also think that Jason won't recover so easily and that the recovery from his maniacal and brain damage-induced vampire hate will be his main theme. This will interlace with Jessica's relationship.

I have no idea how they will fit the werewolves in. They are really useless!
Lily Sparks, great True blood review and very entertaining!
I didnt really like this season it was basically a repeat of The Vampire Diaries season 3, except they replaced the Originals with Lilith Worship. This season took to long to take off and by the time it happened the season was already half over and don't get me started on the "Authority" they were just pathetic. Im not saying there weren't any good parts or that this season wasn't enjoyable the negatives just out weigh the positives.
The Authority was indeed a big blast of boredom, however I believe that even at its worst True Blood is in a league of its own where comparison with the vampires diaries is simply like a joke... the vampire diaries plays along with twilight in kindergarten vampire world
Steve Newlin: Out for blood? ==> I think so, but he will be lost and probably will be killed soon (Id prefer so)

How long 'til Jason snaps out of his concussive homicidal inclinations? ==> Please be soon, I dont get him killing everyone that is around him, but I think he will lust for Warlo

Will Sookie have a romance in a future season or is she just now a cipher for loneliness and alienation? ==> I hope that is this part they stick with the books and she stays with Eric, they made a great pair, in fiction and on the TV

Why would Nora know about Warlo? ==> I think he is an ancient vampire that ppl in the authority must know, and she had been there for a long time...

Will the werewolves ever do anything except unemployment? ==> In the books Alcide and others are rich, dont know why they made them so paria on TV, and I think they deserve better. Now that Alcide is pack leader, maybe things will be better.

What's happenin' in Hotshot these days? ==> dont think it matters

Is Bill going to be evil forever or can his situation be diffused? ==> this is a very strong doubt... how will he deal with all the power he got and all the vampire population hunting like crazy? propably, soon there will be no more humans if the humans dont have a very good war plan, and I think they do. The Bill from the books is to calm for TV, so this one will never appear again.

Jason and Jessica: together at last? I hope so, they are nice together...

BOOK PEOPLE: What character from the books do you wish would make an appearance? ==> Id love to see Niall, Sookies great-great grandfather, he must come, to save the fairy, and to help Sookie in this mess..... Cataliades would be good to, a Demon would bring new blood to the series, and he is Sookies ally too

Tara and Pam: Together forever? Maybe, but I think Tara found a perfect pair, hehehe

Are baby quadruplets vampire bait? Will they continue aging rapidly? They are fairy, they are different, but this is somehting strange in the series, dont know if Andy gets to stay with them.

Take a shot in the dark: What will happen next season? Warrrrr, ,and some romance
I think Steve will be out for blood, but maybe not against Jason. Maybe he'll go after Sam and Luna for making a fool out of him.

Hopefully Jason will resolve these quick, because the dead parents got on my nerves.

Maybe she'll hook up with Eric again, or maybe Alcide, or maybe both.

Don't know what Nora knows, but I'm interested to find out.

They've had many chances to redeem the werewolves, but they continue to suck, except Martha, I like her.

I don't ever want to see Hotshot ever again! I usually don't like storylines being dropped, but this one was just fucking awful, maybe the worst one ever.

Hopefully Bill stays evil and embraces his douchiness. But I have a feeling these writers don't have the balls to make Bill all the way like that, even if he can't be redeemed, they'll pull a Clay from SoA season 4.

I don't care too much for Jason and Jessica together, but I'm all for it if Hoyt stays gone.

I'm not sure about Pam and Tara romance, but they are awesome together. I don't think their relationship has been ruined like some of these other people on this site have been saying. Romance or not, they are the best thing on the show right now.

Hopefully we don't spend too much time on Andy, but I have a feeling a certain baby eater named Nigel may get involved with this story, which may lead to something with Warlo.

Without getting too specific, I think Bill will do some wicked shit, Warlo will reveal himself, and the weres/shifters will be made public.
Warlo is the antithesis of Lilith. Lets say Lilith was the bad vampire god. So naturally among anthropomorphic mythologies there needs to be her opposite. For every Alpha there needs to be an Omega so to speak. So lets say Warlo is the good vampire god and predicted the resurrection of Lilith and required a half human half fairy in order to battle her. Knowing that the Stackhouses had fairy blood in them. He makes a deal with her great great great grand dad. And he comes. But Sookie is almost out of fairy juice. Good thing there are 4 fresh half fairies that just were just whelped on the pool table of Merlotte's.

The next season is going to be Warlo and Billith trying to find the fairy babies and Sookie and the rest of them protecting them.

Jason at some point is going to have to see a neurologist because if he is having a lot of complex hallucinations and there is something seriously wrong with his brain. Because that probably means he is having some type Temporal Lobe Seizures. Possibly caused by the impact of him hitting whatever. Which is weird because it looks like his problem was on his right Parietal or Occipital. Unless the bump on his head now allows him to see ghosts. For which if that is the case we will have to wait for Lafayette to be there to see if he can see them. Either way it needs to be resolved because he and Jessica are one of the two good story lines left.

Pam and Tara are going to hook up. Hilarity will ensue and it will be fun.

Hopefully nothing is happening in Hotshot. Because Werepanthers are stupid.

I hope Bill is evil forever because he is a much better bad guy than he was being a wussy.

The fairy babies will probably age quick. Hopefully. Because crazy teenage fairies sound way better than baby fairies.

Alcide will either become a v addict or lead all of the wolves to get their GED.
You seemed to forget also that Sookie figured out that Eric glammed Alcide and used her powers to snap him out of it. I find it funny this season how I went from liking Bill over Eric to liking Eric more. I love Norah. I hope I don't have to wait too long before seeing Jason and Jessica because I thought Hoyt was a dick to her. But Jason need to snap out of it. His anti-vampire brain damaged attitude was starting to annoy me. And yeah, I want to see what happens with Warlo and I'm hoping to hell Luna isn't dead or dying
I felt that Eric pretty much made Alcide his bitch on that glamoring scene.
I liked this season and the finale was awesome!

Steve will definitely reappear, most likely for Jason

Jason will either be fully engaged or fall back

Sookie will always have some interest

Norah is pretty old and has good political skills and Warlo having a contract perhaps she is familiar with such things

The Werewolves are intriguing and will continue to be entertaining

I would LOVE to see more of the WerePanthers from Hotshot!!!

Bill will go through some things and then become himself again, most likely

Jason may give in and get with Jessica, but I'm not counting on it

I want to see more about the fairies and wish they were portrayed more powerfully

Tara and Pam are a match made in .... Shreveport..... Whatever but they belong together.....

I look forward to seeing more about Andy and his new Quadruplet Fairy Hybrid Babies!

Hopefully there will be some awesome Vampire-Human confrontation, The Fairies will be shown as more powerful then in the past, as they should be, and The Werepanthers will return. I look forward to watching what happens either way!!!!!!!!!
Basically, I will remember this as the season where the main characters were shoved to the sidelines, and a lot of time was spent on minor characters with uninteresting story arcs.

Individual story lines were not that bad, but they were paced atrociously, terminated prematurely, underdeveloped (or in the case of the Authority, overdeveloped), or just all around botched. Way too many throw away scenes dealing with supporting characters simply for the sake of having them on the show

There have been some bright spots, but not enough. The episodes/season felt very fragmented to me. Flitting from one story to the next giving it a very chaotic feeling. I'm just surprised there was such a drop in quality

I don't know it just seems like they're not trying anymore and throwing together random shit no effort whatsoever. Everything is so wrong: the pacing, the characters and the new music (horrible and cheesy). It also doesn't help, that with each passing episode the absurdity level is getting higher. I mean, ever since S3 the show has walked a fine line of craziness but this is just too much.

So basically, overall it was not a good season. Most of the subplots came and went (Lafayette, Debbie Pelt, The Ifrit, the masked hate group) and were finished and dismissed with seemingly few consequences. Meanwhile the overarching Authority/Lilith/Russell line has been painfully slow and mostly trapped in uninteresting and claustrophobic sets.

Character development has been interesting (Tara and Pam in particular), but it's not been consistent either. LaFayette in particular has been nothing but a clichd afterthought for the last few episodes, simply swanning through the few scenes he has with a sassy retort.

And for me, Bill's religious transformation has been not a little unconvincing. It's hard to get any steam up over his epiphany when you don't really buy any of it. He's never been a threatening presence and that doesn't help. Besides, I really don`t see any way the can redeem the character after this season.

I really, really want to see Niall show up in the show. I think his character in the book awesome. Quinn would also be interesting, though Sookie's storyline with him didn't last very long.

And I don't know if the werewolves will ever make themselves useful, but they better figure something out fast because this season, for the first time ever in the whole series, I was annoyed every time I saw Alcide come on the screen. It only meant that 5-10 minutes of some really boring crap that I didn't care about was about to happen. I used to like the werewolf storyline.
I still think Warlo will turn out to have been Bill the entire time.
Bill isn't old enough. He was born in the 1880's whereas the deal made between Warlo and Sookie's great?-grandfather was in the 1700's.
Yes, but now he is a God and can travel back in time and be Warlo, coz whatever puddle something blood screw physics
woah! that would be interesting
Staff
That's a damn fascinating theory right there.
Her name is Norah, not Lucy. Furthermore, Alcide was unglamored by Sookie like an hour after Eric did that.
I thought it was Nora?
You're right her name is Nora on the show, but Lucy Griffiths plays her character, it was probably just an honest mistake, or maybe Lily just wanted to refer to her by her real name I dunno. I agree about the Alcide thing though, Sookie did un-scramble his brains pretty quick after Eric glamored him. Plus Alcide's getting hot n heavy with that Rikki werewolf chick.
Staff