Lost pilot: Revisited

On a fateful evening in September of 2004, thousands of viewers witnessed a moment that would change their TV landscape forever. A handsome doctor opened his eyes to find himself stranded in a steaming jungle amid the wreckage of a devastating plane crash. As he and his fellow castaways began to explore their frightening new environment, it became increasingly clear that their predicament would not be easily resolved. From rampaging polar bears to a mysterious French distress signal, things on the island were far from promising.

Though nearly everyone who watched the Lost pilot was captivated from the start, the depth and complexity of the show was not initially revealed. As the series continued, however, fans began to realize that this was not the average stranded-in-the-jungle drama. Each episode of Lost contains uncountable clues, signs, and secrets, which can be revealed only through repeated viewing and obsessive attention. All these clues undoubtedly add up to something incredible, but as the second season continues, we discover that the Lost story is even more intricate than we ever dreamed.

This past Wednesday, February 22, ABC re-aired the very first episode of Lost. For those of us who haven't been deconstructing every scene on our home DVD players, the re-airing presented an enormously valuable opportunity to look back at the beginning of this astonishing story and search for the hidden evidence we didn't know to look for the first time around.

Did you watch the re-airing of the pilot? If so, did you discover something previously unseen? Now's the time to share your findings with the rest of us, and bring us all one step closer to solving the grand mystery that is Lost.

I disagree with all of you who dis LOST, think about it, if you've lost the plot then watch it again or rent a James Bond film instead.
hello, lost is an awesome show nd i watch every episode like 10 times nd i get 2 a point that lost is all in hurleys mind i think all the crew are crazy ppl nd they are bein treated in the hospital nd they are playing a game called LOST nd the others are the doctors.like the doctors take the good ppl where they took walt from his dad cause he is bein treated,nd even if iam wrong it will be a nice endin 2 see all the crew in the hopital actin like crazy ppl hahahhahhaha
Indeed. It seemed apparent to me the first time I watched the series and the second time as well, that the creators didn't know what the monster was either when they whacked it in the pilot.

The next time you here it after the pilot, it suddenly sounds a whole lot more mechanical.
I think people are looking too much into the black things that allegedly blow up the engine and make the wing almost fall on Claire and Hurley. If you watch the WHOLE opening, you may notice that there is A LOT of debris flying around everywhere right after the plane crashes. The black things that 'blow things up' are just pieces of debris that happen to the flying around. Come on people! :p
Also, when the piece of the plane that Hurley and Claire are under falls down and blows up, about 3 black things look like they come swooping down from the hills towards the plane.
I too saw that mark on the shark, though i spotted it the first time I watched it and spent fifteen minutes going back and forth trying to pause on it. It doesn't look like the same logo from the hatch we know, but it was similar.
When watching the show again I saw something very strange, at the moment when Saywer and Michael are attacked by a shark on the raft I managed to see on freez-frame the logo from Dharma corp. on the back side of the shark.
Don't know if someone allready posted that but here it is anyways.
Cheers
First let me say I love the series and look forward to "hump-day" just to see the new episode of Lost. This season I am severely disappointed because every other week seems to be a rerun from season 1.

I now no longer plan my Wednesday evening around watching Lost. I just record the episodes and get to them whenever I can. If it's a rerun, I delete it and go on with my life. If it's a new episode, I watch it with a little less enthusiam than in the past.

"Hump-day" is now just another day. I didn't watch the re-airing, I just deleted it along with all the other reruns.
when jack and hurley wre removing the shrapnel from the marshall, and jack tells hurley not to look, hurley turns around and mumbles something. This could very well be the cursed lottery numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42.
I did watch the Pilot again and i noticed "The French Woman" that leaves the message on the radio say 16 years (obvious one of "the Numbers") and also something Shannon dosnt translate is that she says she is "going to try and make it to the Black Rock" which we now know is the ship and not actually a rock.
LOST is rapidly losing me. My interest is wanimg due to its lack of continuity. I was a ardent fan a few months back but I can no longer consider myself as such.

Tell the network, writers, producers or whomever it takes, as I am not in the minority here.
bobC
bcorsale@cox.net
i realised they foreshadowed Kate being a fellon, since she was rubbing her arms when we first see her (where the handcuffs were)
Good article. Go LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best show on TV!
Also, did you notice that Charlie 9after dropping his drugs in the loo) went and sat down in first class (the front section of the plane. He sat here because he didn't have time to get to his proper seat with Jack et al. The reason that this is strange is because the section that he sat in (first class) landed in the Jungle, yet Charlie was wondering around on the beach and showed no recollection when He, Jack and Kate went to the front section.
I didn't watch the pilot. I got it on DVD instead. Didanyone notice a black object fly from off screen hit one of the plane engines and zoom away. This is what caused the engine to explode, not the man getting sucked in.
Also when Jack asked Hurley to look after Claire while he went around saving people, Hurley took Claire right under the large chunk of plane that fell and almost killed them. Is this part of Hurley's bad luck or am I reading to much into things.
Also when the group climb the mountain and hear the French transmission Shannon translates slightly incorrectly. Somewhere in the message Dannielle says she will try to reach the Black Rock. Obviously the ship she crashed on.
Also when Charlie is running through the plane in his flashback to do drugs he sidles past people sitting down. Two of them are Boone and Shannon. Also the air hostess, who goes after Charlie when he runs, is Cindy one of the "Tailies".
If you look closely as Charlie is running to the airplane bathroom for a fix he bumps into someone. If you have DVR or Tivo and u pause it, it's clearly Nathan (the one who spent the ride in the bathroom mistaken for an other, the one that Goodwin killed) coming out when Charlie goes in
I did watch the re-airing of the pilot but I had not seen it before wednesday unfortunately. It is making me go out to buy season #1. It made things a little more confusing as well as helped answer some things, I think.