Lost star's house burns

Lost star Evangeline Lilly's Hawaiian rental house went up in flames yesterday due to electrical failure, according to the Honolulu fire department. The actress, who plays Kate Austen on the hit ABC show, was not in the house at the time.

Lilly was on the Lost set at the time of the fire, which occurred in the early morning after 5:15 a.m. The Honolulu fire department states the probable cause was a defective electrical outlet in the lanai area of the house.

"When we arrived the house was fully engulfed," Honolulu Fire Capt. Kenison Tejada told the Honolulu Star-Bulletin. "It was a complete loss. Just the roof was still standing."

Lilly lived in the rented home with her Lost stunt double and one other woman. No one was injured in the fire.

"There is no official statement, and I have no further comment or information to provide at this time," said Lilly's publicist, Cara Tripicchio.

Lilly has been romantically linked with fellow Lost cast member Dominic Monoghan. A neighbor said that when Monoghan arrived at the site to survey the fire damage, they pulled him inside to avoid scrutiny from the media cameras.

The Lost cast has had an eventful time while filming the show on Hawaii's big island. Several of them have had run-ins with the police for moving violations, and in October 2005 Josh Holloway, who plays the character James "Sawyer" Ford, was robbed at gunpoint in his home.

Comments (29)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Jan 06, 2007
Glad Evangeline is OK
Reply
Flag
Jan 01, 2007
seems like the actors and actresses are having about as bad of luck as they are in the show.
Reply
Flag
Dec 30, 2006
Yea im just glad she is okay too, and im happy that the media hasnt bothered her like they do her...
Reply
Flag
Dec 27, 2006
It does seem that the LOST cast has been plagued with troubles in the past couple years. I wonder if the Dharma Initiative has something to do with it? It seems to be in control of their lives "on set", why not off set, too? (wink)
Reply
Flag
Dec 27, 2006
Lost's stars do not quite seem cursed but more than a couple of them have had some unusual bad luck in the past year or two.
Reply
Flag
Dec 26, 2006
thats sad news for anyone, even if she is a tv star... glad to see that she wasnt hurt
Reply
Flag
Dec 26, 2006
What's up with the "Lost" cast?
Reply
Flag
Dec 26, 2006
Awww, Glad no-one was hurt and she wasnt asleep when it happened!
Reply
Flag
Dec 25, 2006
that's life

good she's ok
Reply
Flag
Dec 25, 2006
That sucks..
Reply
Flag
Dec 22, 2006
I am glad she was not injured.
Reply
Flag
Dec 22, 2006
wow...imagine if Killy was in the house..and gets injured enoguh for doctors to issue a 2-4 month break from the sets...the hiatus....
Reply
Flag
Dec 22, 2006
She can stay at my house as long as she needs to :P
Reply
Flag
Dec 22, 2006
sorry to hear about her house
Reply
Flag
Dec 22, 2006
evie i'm glad you are okay!

you can stay now at josh's house....lol!!
Reply
Flag
Dec 22, 2006
Glad she's OK
Reply
Flag
Dec 22, 2006
That's too bad, at least she's okay.
Reply
Flag
Dec 22, 2006
Glad she's safe...
Reply
Flag
Dec 22, 2006
How many thiongs can go wrong to this cast!
Reply
Flag
Dec 21, 2006
glad she's okay :)
Reply
Flag
Dec 21, 2006
What if it's the "Different Strokes" curse?!
Reply
Flag
Dec 21, 2006
thats horrible... im glad shes okay.... :cry:
Reply
Flag
Dec 21, 2006
SAD
Reply
Flag
Dec 21, 2006
I'm glad she's okay, imagine if this would have happened at night while she was asleep, I don't even want to think about it. With the money she earns on LOST she should find another home in no time.
Reply
Flag
Dec 21, 2006
Hopefully Dom is a dear and lets her crash.

Still to bad the house burned down. Glad she wasn't in it.
Reply
Flag
Dec 21, 2006
GO LILLY! LOST IS THE BEST TV SHOW EVER!!
Reply
Flag
Dec 21, 2006
good to hear she wasnt at home
Reply
Flag
Dec 21, 2006
thats sucks At least shes rich. I remember in a special first sesaon bonus feature on the lost box set this guy blessed them with safety I guess it dosnt work.
Reply
Flag
Dec 21, 2006
what a happy place hawaii is :p
Reply
Flag

Like TV.com on Facebook