More Bad News for Better Off Ted

... Jay Harrington, who plays Ted on the ABC comedy Better Off Ted, doesn't have much faith that his show will be picked up for another season. Why do I say that? He went and booked a gig on the NBC pilot Nathan vs. Nurture. The good news: Moses Port and David Guarascio are behind Nathan. You don't know who they are? Duh! They were the EPs on Aliens in America, the best comedy that no one ever watched, ever! [Variety]

... This isn't really a spoiler, but if you are one of those uptight "OMG spoilerzzz!!1!1!!" people then move on to the next item. Lost is continuing its parade of the dead and will be bringing back Maggie Grace, who plays spoiled-brat Shannon, for its side-flashes (I assume). Some people are theorizing that Shannon's family's wedding company will take care of Locke's wedding. I'm just hoping she gets shot again. God, she's so annoying. [EW]

... Scrubs' Donald Faison has joined the cast of the pilot The Odds, a CBS comedy about cops in Las Vegas. Autumn Reeser is also gainfully employed; she's joining ABC's No Ordinary Family. [THR]

... The CW has given the green light to a show that isn't about horny teens trying to get into each other's pants. I know, weird, right? The network is trying out Ridley Scott's Nomads, described as "an adrenaline-fueled thrill ride following a group of nearly broke young backpackers traveling the world who agree to earn money by working secret missions for the CIA." Oh. On second thought, maybe they should go back to teen makeout sessions, because that sounds stupid. [THR]

... Despite my prodding, you guys aren't watching Damages. WHY? Why aren't you watching Damages? What is your problem!? What did I ever do to you? I thought we were friends! Monday's episode didn't even clear one million people, and it was an AWESOME episode! Meanwhile, Keeping Up With the Kardashians drew 3.75 million viewers. Seriously, I hate you guys. [TV By The Numbers]

... Sarah Palin is angry at Family Guy because the show made a reference to her having a special needs child (video below). While making fun of special needs children is horrible and wrong, making fun of politicians (liberal or conservative) is always great. So this is a wash. [The Live Feed]

interesting.
Damages is amazing espcially with the cruel twist of tom's death!
Sarah Palin is fair game but a child is off limits, especially a special needs child, If this was done about a Democratic Hollywood celeb there would be outrage, Double standard, & anyone who says she should get over it, I would like to see how you would react if it was your child??
my god that wasnt even bad sh needs to get over her self stupid idiot
Scot-free.
So Palin thinks this is offensive, but Rush Limbaugh can call kids retards and get away scotch-free?
Um I don't get it, whats the big deal, how the hell is this insulting? Trust me, Palins life's better when you get a sense of humor.
Some one is digging for some media notice, ya, I'd love to see her forced to sit down and watch a marathon of South Park...but hey, what can you expect from a woman who condemned most libraries for having books that were a bad influence (99% of them, especially the classics) on kids while turning around and writing a book herself and lets not get into her thoughts on teens and sex vrs. her own daughter
Oh, and god forbid Sarah ever watches a single episode of South Park containing Timmy or Jimmy......selective vision perhaps? Oh and speaking selective vision, perhaps this just nails the final point into the whole conversation: http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/18/family-guy-voice-actor-says-palin-does-not-have-a-sense-of-humor/
Family Guy makes fun of everyone, get over it. Also, "Hollywood", gay people, and intelligent people are often greatly insulted every time Sarah Palin speaks, so it's a wash.

When is enough enough indeed Sarah....when will you go away and stop making other peoples lives miserable?

P.S. Lol at Orielly calling Mcfarlane a "hater" :P .
wow, i actually agree with Sarah Palin on something. Family Guy stinks...
say it ain't so Ted! This is such a great show-smart, witty, entertaining. I hope it gets picked up. Perhaps NBC can actually make a wise choice and grab this great show.
I have only seen clips of the family guy episode... but from what I have seen, it didn't seem that they were really making fun of special needs people, since the girl seemed like a normal functioning person, it seemed like it was a whole ploy to have a poke at Sarah Palin.
maybe Family Guy should make a reference that SHE is a special needs child
Kevin Smith did not create Reaper he directed the Pilot and was a consultant for the first season. I knew that Ted was going to go away. I think if they put it as a part of the comedy block Wednesday they have going it would do just fine. Too bad. I also do not care what anybody has to say about Sarah Palin. She is putting herself in the light by pushing a book, and doing a FOX news show. I just do not think it is cool to bring up her child. As a parent I would not want my children talked about. As for Shannon...one can only hope that another Lostie will run into her and shoot her again. Michael perhaps...I think he shot her the first time. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
Sort of feared for Better Off Ted... it is a great, great show. :/
Sad to hear about Better Off Ted but it was pretty much already expected that it was dead. It was a clever half-hour comedy and we don't have enough of those anymore. Its first season was not advertised enough and then split so that actually following it was hard for some people. Season 2 was not publicized enough and by episode 3 the cancellation discussions were already taking place. The show never had a chance and that's just horrible.
Palin having issues with Family Guy yet Limbaugh gets a free pass for his use of the word retard She spins his use of the word to make it legitimate. Unsurprising. Palin is just demonstrating her complete lack of credibility. The woman needs to be ignored by everyone so that she will just go away.
goddammit i like better off ted
Damages is an outstanding series. The twists and turns in the plotline are amazing and impossible to predict. As to the the viewer numbers, well that just gives you an idea about the intelligence level of the majority of the tv viewing public.
it was making fun of her daughter not special needs kids. take the stick out of your butts
I loved Aliens in America. I also miss Reaper. I think that was created by Kevin Smith.
I could not care less about Sarah Palin. I do, however, care that no one is watching Damages. It IS a great show! Give it a chance, people.
I agree with voxware. Family Guy makes fun of absolutely everyone and everything. That is its purpose. You can't suddenly start criticizing one thing that they said after all the other 'offensive' things that have been said. It gives the impression that you think it is wrong to make fun of special needs people but okay to make fun of people of different races, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, gender, levels of intelligence, physical attractiveness, events that resulted in mass homicide/death, etc. In a way, that is more offensive. I love Family Guy because of the fact that they don't spare anyone or anything. They are equal in dishing out the offensive comments and only people who have low self esteem and can't laugh at themselves take offense to those sort of things.
I'm not one to defend Family Guy (I am bugged by alot of stuff in it) but as far as I can see this actually makes her look bad as it's like she's saying "having a down syndrome kid is an insult and an embarassment to me". It showed the kid as normal and is making it seem like it was a personal attack on her.
Bad news for Better Off Ted. I knew it was inevitable but I'm going to miss it.
As for FG's remark.. is there something wrong with it? All they did was acknowledge that Palin's family has a disabled member. SHOCKING, TOO SOON, BAD TASTE... etc. The song probably contained the most offensive moments but the resolution of the plot redeemed the whole scenario by painting them as regular people.
Anyways, if you're going to start saying they went too far now, it kind of makes you look bad that you didn't step in sooner when they did jokes about dumpster babies and AIDS. Kind of like when Isaac Hayes left South Park because his religion was mocked despite being okay with mocking everyone else's religion.
It's OK, she was right to take it the way that she did. After all, it is her child and how would you feel if your child was made fun of on national television? That being said, the clip wasn't making fun of people with special needs or mental illnesses, it was making fun of Palin. If she is going to take every joke made about her personally, then she is going to have a hard career ahead of her because that's gonna happen, she IS a political figurehead after all. And no, anchorman for FOX, Family Guy is not going to stop making their jokes. They LIVE on not being PC, and as long as they are allowed to air, they will do just that. Long live Family Guy! :)
Don't republicans have better things to do than being so narrow minded? Do they know what humor is?
The funniest part is that they have the most cases of cheating, gay relationships when they claim to be family guys (HA) and many other things that they condemn.
But the BEST part is when, just minutes after condemning Family Guy being insulting to special needs kids, she says its OK for Rush to do the same thing because when Rush does it, it's "satire". (Family Guy, as we all know, accurately depicts real life.)
I thought that Republicans were AGAINST "political correctness"?
What's to complain about? They portrayed the special needs girl as quite intelligent.
Anyone who watches FOX News...ie. 14 million Americans need to check to see if they have had a Lobotomy! Most trusted name in news! HAHA! 7 Billion on this planet....14 million morons watch FOX for their news...the rest of the world sits back and wonders why...Not honest reporting if it is paid for by large corporations.

Most countries in the"free" world have a statement in their constitutions allowing Free Press with guaranteed funding from the government whether the current government is Liberal, Conservative, Labour, Communist, etc...The one country without this guaranteed funding for free press is the good ol' USofA. Shouldn't the people be more worried about being spoon fed lies about the world and an obvious personal political agenda by their news sources rather than whether or not Family Guy crossed the line???

Sorry for the rant, but I know lots of Americans read this site and people need to know that there is a big 'ol world outside your borders. Just do yourself a favour and order in Canadian channels, British channels, heck even Dutch channels. Anything for news that is not American basically.

Hate it or love it...it's the truth.

//end rant