NBC Cancels Heroes Reborn After One Season

If you were holding out hope that NBC would continue its miniseries Heroes Reborn after this season, we need to have a chat. Take a deep breath and think of puppies. Okay, here we go: there won't be any more Heroes Reborn after the January 21 season finale. And probably no more Heroes anything.

According to TV Line, when asked about the future of the series by reporters at the Television Critics Association winter press tour on Wednesday, NBC boss Robert Greenblatt said, "As far as I know there are no more incarnations of Heroes coming."

But then Greenblatt couldn't entirely close the door, saying that though the plan was always to do just one season, he'd hear out series creator Tim Kring if he "woke up one day and said, 'Oh, I have another chapter to tell.'"

NBC, not learning from its mistakes since forever.

Does this news bum you out?

Aug 10, 2018
Dang, so we'll never find out who the father is... I enjoyed the series; I thought it had the feel of the original first season. To each their own though, but I know the people on here have always judged the original show pretty harshly.................www.jobsthings.com
Sep 23, 2016
That's too bad. I really enjoyed the show. Perhaps the producer can recruit a comparable fresh writing team to continue series. I have to imagine that eventually people just get tired of writing on the same thing. My thoughts.
Apr 14, 2016
This is crazy, it took you forever to even bring Heroes back on, that you have, your cutting it again? Come on, do you all know what you are doing. there are many fans out here, give it a chance darn. I'm now mad at writers and producers for not stepping up and the Television network which carried this show. get on the ball and do another season.
a Heroes fan from the beginning.
Apr 10, 2016
I loved this season! I was so sad after first volumes ended, it was hard to let go. When i found out about this one i was so soo happy. And i loved it too. Heroes serios are my favourite, i like the concept of ordinary people becoming heroes, saving world, fullfilling their destiny. It always lifts me up, makes me think that every person is their own hero and can do good in their own way. One of the best series. And most importantly they represent every sex and race, everyone are equal qnd that i love. As much as i love marvel universe, it is white men centered and that doesnt give a feeling that anyone can be amazing. And in heroes anyone can. Plus i love the asian plotline, i am happy as i love asia and usually hollywood portrays asian as ugly nerds, but in heroes asians as awesome as any other part. Please please bring them back.
Mar 24, 2016
This series sucked so hard it's unbelievable...what kind of budget did they have, wasting it on crappy CGI instead of actually getting talented writers to make a remotely plausible plotline or characters with some purpose. Watching this series is like going on a binge after being a recovering alcoholic...you just ask yourself 'why' and 'was it worth it?'...the answer..NO. No, it was not.
Mar 10, 2016
Mar 01, 2016
Gave up after 4 or 5 episodes of this awful show. Surprised it got to air the whole season.

Feb 13, 2016
Watched the first 10 episodes, had 11 and 12 but now I see its cancelled. Just going to erase it all. The series never interested me enough to even bother to see what happens in the last 3 episodes.

A forgettable and failed attempt at a reboot...
Feb 11, 2016
Does this news bum you out?

The answer is NO!!!!
It was no real surprise to see it end. It was a mistake the first time and a nightmare the second time.
Feb 11, 2016
The finale was terrible. Why didn't Erica die horribly? Like the Master of Time and Space sends her into space and we get to see her first freeze solid then implode. Her skull slowly crushing until it's the size of a walnut.

Nah, let's just leave her in the future so she winks out of existence when that timeline gets nullified. Lame
Jun 21, 2017
WOW........you really have issues don't you.......?
Feb 10, 2016
I can't believe they thought they could revive it after how horribly they destroyed the show systematically from season 2, watching till season 4 was painful enough... there is no reviving this show, should start fresh somewhere but you lost this one NBC no matter how cute is the cheer leader, your writers flushed your story down the drain while you watched it happen.
Jun 21, 2017
....and yet you kept watching. #GoodJob!!
Apr 15, 2017
Heroes Season 1 was probably one of the best series ever. Season 2 was okay. Season 3 was just downhill stupid from then on.... And this was a terrible reborn....
Jan 28, 2016
LOL no. i watched the pilot and it was soooo bad and cheesy! made me cringe when i thought about my wasted years watching heroes (the entire THING) the first time around. what a mess of a show! i can't believe they decided to reboot THIS, of all shows. LOL.

bye felicia!
Jan 24, 2016
What a shame! That final episode made a total mess of me! Loved it! Without Noah though I really dont know if the show would be the same... Still, once a fan always a fan!
Jan 23, 2016
I wanted to like it. I tried. I watched them all. In the end, all I cared about was whether I should give it 1 or 2 stars. Seemed like the only thing it had going for it was some vibrant camera work--minus the shaky (edgy), poorly-framed (artistic) crap style that's so popular these days... so I generously awarded it 2 stars.
Jan 23, 2016
Perfect example of why sometimes it pays to leave well enough alone. That last episode was just laughably crappy bad. Ugh. Any other show not named Heroes I would have bailed long time. Having stuck with it I can say it was a waste of space (its been long deleted from my DVR) and time pun intended.
Jan 22, 2016
You people are stupid the show was good! Especially Buffy kid, I see it trolling around here and think to myself "well whatever that person says means nothing."
Jan 22, 2016
As a fan and creator of superhero scripts, Heroes: Reborn, and it's predecessor, Heroes, are some of the biggest disappointments in recent memory. The characters created, especially in the original show, were fantastic--and often they lasted no more than one or two episodes before being axed, or written off the show, or worse, written into a convoluted spiral of retconning with seemingly no purpose or direction. Great character creation, great show concept, awesome casting...terrible, terrible, terrible plot direction.
Jan 22, 2016
Let's read over one of your scripts, I find that 99% of the time when someone references that they write something or other it tends to look like it was written by a 5 year old.
Feb 04, 2016
yeah I'm in talks for development so sending them out to a stranger is sort of a no-no, but you can look up some of my other (non script) writing online--I'm doing okay.
Jan 17, 2016
Watch this then watch Heroes Reborn!!!

Heroes Reborn is like power rangers in comparison to the original. ;-(

Massive disipointment!

Jan 22, 2016
Dang that was an awesome compilation!
Jan 16, 2016
Heroes has carried a good deal of nostalgy for me, but I wouldn't really wish for a second season of this revision. It just wasn't (isn't) very good.
Noah Bennet elevated the proceedings for the most part, but one person isn't enough to carry the show. It's too bad that those of the "old guard" who appeared were mostly underutilized (Mohinder, Angela, Rene, Hiro), including the grown up versions of Molly and Micah, while many others didn't make the cut. Parkman became rather pathetic.
I took a liking to Farah and Melena among the new characters, but I can't say that the rest of them managed to make much of an impact. Although Katana Girl was an interesting - if strange - concept to run with.

With a fairly poor plot like that and implausible evil henchmen, or nobody asking the correct questions and many characters being rather dumb... I guess there was no saving it.

Jan 16, 2016

That's just the perfectly prepared pr statement.

The real reason it's not coming back is because Kring refused to move the series to Chicago and do a crossover with PD and Fire.
Jan 16, 2016
No one was ever clamoring for the show to come back to begin with.
Jan 16, 2016
Hey maybe this means NBC can do a reunion for their Knight Rider reboot series from a couple of years ago. ;) We're just as clamoring with anticipation.
Jan 16, 2016
Wasn't much of fan. But like everyone else is saying could smell the cancellation a mile away
Jan 16, 2016
Can't say that I'm surprised.
I used to be a huge Heroes fan. It was the first show I was truly obsessed with...but the only season that really stands up to re-watching is season 1 - the show goes downhill fast from there. I can't even remember if I finished the series...season 4 was all over the place.
Jan 15, 2016
Heroes Reborn is worse than Under The Dome + Fear The Walking Dead.
The worse was bringing back Hiro for half and hour, then stripping him of his powers and giving him another job: babysitter & au pair.
Jan 14, 2016
I didn't hate it. It just wasn't all that good. I'll get over it...
Jan 14, 2016
Without Hayden Panettiere it didn't stand a chance!!!
Jan 14, 2016
Haha, I never did check it out, and this is not shocking news.
Jan 14, 2016
This show should've been named "The Walking Dead Heroes" or something. Good god, what a waste of time and talent.
Jan 14, 2016
Loved "Heroes" S1, definitely magic back then but trying to bring it back was a mistake and I already smelled the cancellation.

This "Reborn" was god awful, don't know who came up with the Katana Girl deal but that was about the dumbest thing I ever saw for a story arc. Any time her part came up I cringed for the few episodes I watched before giving up on the show having any hope.

Hopefully a learning lesson to not attempt to bring back a show especially when it's disconnected from the original, doesn't have the main characters, and is not hardly on the same level
Jan 19, 2016
Nobody understood what the heck that Katana thing was about. Bad acting coupled with bad story line, I bailed midway through the first episode.
Jan 14, 2016
Nope. In fact, this news makes me feel like gloating and saying I told you so. I thought it would get a LOT higher ratings than it did, but new it was a terrible idea to dredge up a show that ultimately failed, and failed again, because it would fail AGAIN, which it did.
Jan 14, 2016
It lacked intensity for me. Katana girl... awful.
Jan 14, 2016
You're welcome to create Heroes Reborn Reborn in another 10 years to just cancel it one more time.
Jan 14, 2016
This series was doomed since its inception, not only did they wait to long before bringing back the characters people actually wanted to see (Hiro) but they actually managed to make it so that he has no powers any more.

Also its a show about super-powered people where the main returning hero (Noah) has none. going up against a villain who guess what also has no powers. (you can't go from having a Villain who gets stronger each week by gaining more and more abilities, to somebody who has none at all and expect it to blow peoples minds).
There are way to many flaws in this series to mention but I think I'll just mention one more: When Tommy and Malina are born we find out that they must be separated because Tommy's ability could take away his sisters, like it took away Hiro's. Why then has Tommy spent 15 years of his life with only one ability (Hiro's) when he has come into contact with multiple other evo's in that time. for someone who can only hold one ability at a time (like peter petrelli in series 4) why does it seem that he has never had any other abilities.

Also just one more thing I can't remember if it was ever mentioned but who was Tommy and Malina's Father, because if he is alive it would seem pretty cruel (even for a grandfather) to send his grand children 15 years into the past without letting the father know where they are, or even who there real father is, they both know who there mother was but they have never asked who there real father is.
Jan 14, 2016

Looks like someone forgot season 3B of the original show...
Jan 14, 2016
Nathen Patrelli Could Fly and was the original villain from Volume 4 since he was the one who betrayed the evo's and involved the government.

Also Sylar was around killing evo's and other people throughout Volume 4.

If Danko was the really villian then he (instead of Nathen Patrelli) would have died at the end of the 3rd season, instead of dying later on in the next volume.
Jan 14, 2016
It was so bad, I liked Heroes, but this was so disappointing. No chair leader no Heroes!
Jan 16, 2016
Save the cheerleader, save the world. But without a cheerleader?
...just stand around and pretend to do something important/interesting.
Jan 14, 2016
I was looking forward to the return, really disappointed how it turned out. There is no connection with any of the characters or the whole story. I just see a bunch of people teleporting around and some weird videogame chick 'haaai kahtahnah gurle'
Jan 14, 2016
I knew the revival would suck, since they dropped the majority of the original cast out. The show missed its mark after the S01 and Kring missed his chance to sorta correct things during the show's original run - it's what happens when U don't have a clear idea where the storyline will head on next and when U revolve various writers around and then nothing comes out of it. Season 4 put the nail in the Heroes's franchise coffin, but this one really buried it deep. My guess that what brought the idea up for this revival (or shall I say, burial) is that the producers hoped/relied on the nostalgia of the old fans, but the thing is most of them got lost during and by the original airing, and those that decided to stick to the end of it (myself included) struggled hard to do so. Most likely some of the creative team now had (some) hopes that the idea of reworking it/reviving it may surprisingly take off and thus leave way for eventual seconds season - hence the ''news'' that ''there will be no second season''. Well, are we surprised or what! With so many superheroes' shows now,it's an entirely different field and feel among the TV audience out there, what once was revolutionary with the Heroes's idea and plot lines and all, now is only stale and pointless. Wonder how many of the (former) fans actually gave it a shot to this new run. ...I wasn't among those who did. As the saying goes: Full me once -...
Jan 14, 2016
Of course..did anybody ask the question, Why did Kring get the ok to bring it back in the first place? Somebody at NBC should have pulled a Disney and bought the rights. New writers would've brought fresh new ideas. Kring had multiple seasons to bring back the magic of S1 and never could..RIP Heroes-A great idea that never reached its potential...
Jan 14, 2016
Gone are the days of the "Everyman" superhero. This is the era of superheroes in bright, goofy costumes. I just wish my FAVORITE goofy costumed hero was aired in this era. (RIP "The Cape.")
Jan 16, 2016
Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!! I really wish The Cape had got more seasons or was on another network. That was such a great idea with the cape and the hero discovering his abilities. So much backstory with previous owners and that carnival could have been explored. Very sad that show only went one season.
Jan 16, 2016
Not even 1 season... 10 episodes, with only 9 released on television (the 10th was available online only) and the storyline for the first season involving Chess and his daughter was supposed to be 13 episodes long. Had it been on the CW, I'm sure we would be on season 4 (assuming the Cape was aired AFTER the Avengers) although the design might be a problem because the Cape and the Arrow (circa season 1 to mid-season 3) look VERY similar.
Jan 14, 2016
I don't think anyone expected more than the one season. It was an epilogue to the show and a chance to see many old favorites of the show die.
Jan 14, 2016
I should not bother with tomorrow's and series finale then. :P
Oh nooooooo said nobody
Jan 14, 2016
thank god it's over - the reboot has been truly awful. what could have been a great reunion of original cast members taking on new interesting storylines - we got, well, the mess that was Heroes: Reborn. please all network execs - never, ever, ever, EVER give Tim Kring another show... ever.

Jan 22, 2016
Says the person with the Buffy avatar.
Jan 14, 2016
The writing was on the wall with this one from the very beginning, trying to continue a convoluted story without simplifying it in any way but missing some important components. Yes you had Noah and Hiro but there was no sign of Sylar or Peter, Claire was killed off screen, Mohinder was barely part of things at all, and Matt Parkman was turned into a raging asshole.

The premise of Heroes was unique for its time, regular people all of a sudden waking up with powers and being part of something bigger while also being hunted for their differences. Somewhere along the way that got muddled in the shows own mythology. Now had NBC waited a few years for the show to grow cold and rebooted fresh, taking the same premise but completely divorcing from the original, things might have worked out and maybe a decade or so from now it could work with a full on reboot.

However, we are in the age of the superhero right now and NBC was scrambling for something . They tried with Constantine but that failed (though I still feel the show had potential if given the chance) so they thought they would dust off the old series and try again despite the fact that the show had dug itself so far deep that nothing could really salvage the continuity.

Hopefully the writers and producers knew this would happen and have written a conclusion. Of course there are going to be loose ends left over because even if the writers were sure things would not go past this season they would likely have held out hope for a miracle and left something for a second season.
Jan 14, 2016
I'm sooo surprised! Say's no one! Just like the O.G. show, this one will die off with a whimper, and unresolved cliffhanger of sorts. Didn't they originally plan to make this a one season thing anyway? The suits should of reigned in the producers the second they saw volume 1 on the first episode. They could of been like, hey thx to the sudden popularity of comic book stories you're getting a second life, but don't get ahead of yourselves and assume that theirs a third one down the road! The suit that takes anymore of Tim Kring's phone calls for a new Heroes, or anything should be fired, and banned from Hollywood all together. Let this be a lesson to all the powers that be in the fame game, (hacks like T.K. included) that want reboot something, or extend popular shows past their shelf life, to the point the audience doesn't recognize them anymore. Cough, SPN, cough OUaT/Marvel's M.W., COUGH, COUGH TWD/FTWD,cough:-/
Jan 14, 2016
"Hi this is Tim Kring calling for head of programming..." *Click* "Hello? Hello?"
Jan 14, 2016
I gave up after 3-4 episodes. Just a waste of time. Kring gave us one great season and then what? Nothing.
Jan 14, 2016
I'm sorry, is there supposed to be surprise?
Jan 14, 2016
I thought they said it was one season only? Anyway, now I've seen what Netflix can do with Daredevil. Jessica Jones don't even care!
Jan 14, 2016
I love the original Heroes.. Reborn is just awful.

I'm glad it was cancelled 'cause it was painful to watch.
Jan 14, 2016
So I have been following Heroes Reborn and appreciate its reincarnation ...but I'm okay with it ending. It's really hard to be better than season 1 or 2 of Heroes.
Predacons are better.