News Briefs: An NBC Affiliate in Utah Is Pulling Hannibal Because of Its Violence

HANNIBAL IS CONTROVERSIAL NEWS

... Salt Lake City's NBC affiliate has had it up to here with indecent content! First it was the lasciviousness of The Playboy Club! Then it was the assault on family values from The New Normal! And now it's the gross violence of Hannibal! The station, KSL-TV, has decided to not air the show anymore due to its "extensive graphic nature." If anyone from Salt Lake City wants to watch Hannibal, you are more than welcome to come over to my house to watch. Just please bring your own Snuggie. Last time I needed to get the Jaws of Life to get me and @JT_Kirk out of the one we shared. [Variety

... In other Hannibal news, show creator Bryan Fuller would like you to know that the unaired fourth episode, which was first pulled due to potentially sensitive content and then reduced (like sauce!) into a web series, is now available on iTunes. But it ain't free. So THAT's their trick. [iTunes]

BUSINESS TIME

... TNT has upped the episode order for the second season of Major Crimes from 15 episodes to 19 episodes following its wildly successful first season, which averaged 7 million viewers per episode. The network was also feeling generosity toward Perception, and ordered an extra episode of that, too. Both Franklin and Bash are still waiting by their phones. [Deadline Hollywood]

... Comedy Central is adding a third daily-ish show to its nighttime lineup, this one hosted by Chris Hardwick (Talking Dead). The untitled program will air after The Colbert Report and the format will be panel-based and rely heavily on social media. Oh boy, 30 minutes of Hardwick checking his Facebook page. Just kidding, Chris! This actually gets a thumbs-up from me. [Deadline Hollywood]

... Another week, another series-high rating for Game of Thrones. And it jumped up big! 5.3 million people watched the first airing, up from the previous series high of 4.9 million set a week before. This time, it boosted Veep to a season high (1.3 million) as well. [Deadline Hollywood]

... Netflix has slapped a premiere date on Orange is the New Black, its next original series. The show from Weeds creator Jenji Kohan will debut July 11 and release all its episodes at once, as is the Netflix way. Orange is the New Black is a dramedy about a woman who gets thrown in jail and must learn to adapt to her new surroundings. I'm almost more excited about this than I am about the return of Arrested Development, and yeah, that makes me a bad person. [Netflix via press release]

CASTING NEWS

... The Pretty Little Liars spin-off Ravenswood has found its chunk o' hunk male lead. Tyler Blackburn, who currently stars on PLL as Caleb, will depart the ABC Family hit for the spin-off and start his journey in the annual PLL Halloween episode. If Caleb had a hard time with homicidal teen cliques, it won't be much better for him in Ravenswood. The show is set in the titular Pennsylvania town, which happens to suffer a curse that five youngsters must unravel. Ravenswood will premiere the day after the Pretty Little Liars Halloween episode. [ABC Family via press release]

... Royal Pains is welcoming some cool guest-stars to its fifth season, foremost among them being Community's Danny Pudi. Abed will play a radio personality who gets help from the doc when he loses his voice before a career-making gig. Also coming to Royal Pains will be Grimm's Claire Coffee and Tony-winner Stephen Spinella. [TV Line]

I can understand why they think it is too graphic because it is certainly on the verge for me too. I am just glad it is on NBC and not the other pervy channels like HBO or Starz because then it would just be more nudity and sleaze and I am sick to death of that in all series nowadays. It does not good TV make...
There's too many girls always getting killed and for some reason they always have to be naked as well. Hannibal is a bit weird plotwise and the writing is odd too. It's not what I hoped for, but it is decent enough.
Too violent for tv, but not enough for background check? Maybe there should people decide what to watch...
To be honest I was very surprised that NBC actually went ahead with this show, it just doesn't seem their style. I can picture this show on HBO or AMC, and then it would and could be even more graphic with its content.
why wont NBC let parents do their job, which is parental control... and NBC be a free agency.
If you don't want to watch it simply don't! but don't force us all ! eh!
If the news were "hundreds of stations pulling Hannibal over violent content" that would be bad. One, or even a few, is positively good advertising. I'm 46 and when I was a kid "hell" and "damn" were extreme TV language, despite what blockbuster movies of the 70s were allowed to say. I am so glad that our TV content of today almost mirrors the way we frequently use real life "dirty words" and that the violence of our TV, and movies, still stays tuned-back to a fraction of what can be found in the daily news!
Ah, Utah...is that still over there? All I can see on Google maps is a giant stick.
KyL416 has a point. And it leads to an interesting question: Is it really the affiliate's job to decide what's too violent for you and your family?

If I find something too stupid/violent or just down right gross, I simply do not watch that show anymore. I flip the channel or ::GASP!:: find something else to do besides watch TV.

Common sense would indicate that if a viewer, like yourself, finds something offensive to them, they will simply not watch it. They are smart enough to figure out how to change a channel.
I find it hard to believe that someone would think a show called Hannibal after one of the most famous serial killers wouldn't be violent...seriously, WTF?
The ABC affiliate in Salt Lake will be picking up Hannibal. At least someone has some sense.
Salt Lake's NBC affiliate is owned by Bonneville, which is run by the Mormon Church. From what I hear their station is a nightmare to watch. Not only do they not air programs they find objectional, instead of showing the west coast feed live, they tape the east coast feed and edit content on the programs they do clear. Of course since they don't know how much they edit out in advanced, the EPG is never correct so if you DVR SVU it might start up to 5 minutes early depending on how much they edited out of the past hour of NBC programming. Stations like this should instantly forfeit any exclusive rights to the network programming so cable companies and satellite subscribers can import another affiliate that doesn't censor content on behalf of their viewers
I hope Hannibal doesn't get cancelled. It's probably the most visually beautiful network show right now and the current arc doesn't suck either. Still hoping that this is the Bryan Fuller show that lasts.
things like this will just drive more people to the use of torrents.
To be fair, I suggested we use 2 Snuggies but you had to pull the "it's more fun in one" card. The real irony was we were watching the 30 Rock episode where Liz Lemon was accused of filling hers with farts.

Annnnyway, I guess an affiliate has the right not to air programming, and they are mighty sensitive up in Salt Lake City, but now they look like babies again, can't handle anything - Playboy Club, Coupling, The New Normal, Poker After Dark, even SNL. That's the risk you take when your church owns your TV station. They might as well go back to being a CBS affiliate... oh wait, they can't because the new CBS affiliate has nearly 2 and a half times the viewership of KSL now.

In far less stupid news, TNT is enjoying success with its crime shows, that's great, Major Crimes andd Perception are both pretty watchable.

Dang, Chris Hardwick is everywhere. I'd watch a panel show with him, but social media shouldn't be the focus.

Royal Pains gets Danny Pudi? I'm so there anyway, because I already watch it. Yay!
I gave Perception a fair shake in its first season but it was just too bad to get me to return for S2. Major Crimes was much better but still just a pale shadow of its progenitor, The Closer.

More of these yet probably no more Southland. At all. Ever. Sigh.
I really hope Southland gets renewed and I think it could still be excellent even if they had some new/different characters. Similar to how Law and Order changed characters numerous times throughout the various spin offs from season to season and probably even within a season.

If Southland is renewed (PLEASE let it happen) then it would be awesome if every episode was reviewed on this site.

edit option please
This comment has been removed.
Staff
Actually makes me want to watch "Hannibal" now....not really.
I catch a few eps of The Nerdist podcast, mostly due to the guests he has on. Still don't get the fascination with Chris Hardwick.
Good to know that GoT is in no imminent danger of being canceled.
Every show should have Danny Pudi in it.
I said it before and I will say it again. Ravenswood is not a PLL's spinoff. In media, a spin-off is a radio program, television program, video game, or any narrative work, derived from one or more already existing works, that focuses, in particular, in more detail on one aspect of that original work (e.g. a particular topic, character, or event). Ravenswood is with different characters, different storyline, and on a different universe. As fas as I know curses are still impossible in PLLs. ABCfamily just wants to call it a spinoff so people would immediately watch it thinking it's derived from PLLs.
Utah's KSL-TV needs to set their priorities. They want to call themselves a tv network or what? First New normal and now this? New normal is the least provocative show on tv this season.
That sucks about Utah's KSL-TV being so bigotted. At least the rest of the world is better than that.
At least they're being consistent. Too many others will censor shows based on sex or a political viewpoint but see nothing wrong with graphic violence.
Can someone move Hannibal to cable where it doesn't have to suffer from all this bullshit?
if you are not all the way "playing by the rules" people, the full episode's torrent is availlable in torrent sites..
I'm hoping if NBC doesn't renew Hannibal, AMC or FX will jump in and save the day... It would be a real tragedy if this show got cut short because of this pulled episode fiasco. It's probably my favourite thing on network TV right now.
Hannibal is now lost. It was wasted the minute it was picked up by a network tv channel. It should have been on cable from the start. Now, not only there's a high risk of been canceled but it's also generally limiting its potential of greatness been stuck on NBC.
So true.... There has not been a new good drama this season in network TV until Hannibal
While pulling an episode might seem extreme, I do think that TV should cut back on the gore. It's gotten too use to putting R-rated graphics on broadcast TV and not everyone likes it.
Haha, good one, Writerpatrick! I almost thought you're serious!
And some would have thought you intelligent. Look at TV 20 or 30 years ago and look at it today. They do tend to go over the top now and it has to stop somewhere. It's one thing to have gore in a cable show like Game of Thrones that's meant for an adult audience, it's another to have it in a primetime network broadcast. It does have to stop somewhere. The problem now is that those who don't want it often don't have a choice.
Love GORE--try the reality competition show Face Off
Please explain the "don't have a choice"? There are lots of shows on that don't have graphic violence/gore shown in detail. A good example for an adult drama is The Good Wife~~it's the first show that came to mind but there are plenty.

Why is GoT gore/violence ok but on networks it's not? They come with warning labels/symbols. Hannibal is also meant for an adult audience--I think the title is a hint:-)

Parents should monitor their kids (non-adults) and not put the responsibility on others to police their children for them. I think there are "parental controls" on televisions that can be set once for parents who can't or don't want to monitor their kids. I'm not sure about that but I've been told such a thing exist (I may be wrong on that)

edit option please
@Writerpatrick

It's very rare that people like seeing video or images of gore or violence for their own sake, presented in a manner removed from any particular context. However, depending on the context or the audience, there may not be anything particularly detrimental about it.
Do you really think it's normal that people should LIKE seeing gore?
This comment has been removed.
Aww. Bummer.
I think enough people like gore & R-rated graphics especially when the story is good. Have you seen the ratings of The Walking Dead--just look at the finale ratings and that story wasn't even good. If you don't like it, then track down your remote control (maybe it's between the cushions of the sofa).

"not everyone likes it"--tell me one show or one style that everyone likes? You really can't please everyone.

Personally the R-rated graphics and gore don't phase me. What creeps me out on some shows is the idea or story (my mind is much more creative in terms of gore and "R-rated graphics"). Many episodes of Criminal Minds disturbed me more then Hannibal....but I like to be disturbed;-)

The reality competition show Face Off may desensitize one to the shown gore but I can't think of anything that will desensitize me to a scary concept (hard to explain)~~and I don't want to not be scared when watching "scary" shows/movies

All that being said, I respect your opinion and personally think the show would be better on FX
Who cares about TV airing in Mormon state? Who does watch TV show on TV with commercials every 5 minutes? Everyone watches it online.
I have read the whole article regarding the pulling of Hannibal off the air and from what I understand the network is run by a bunch of religious freaks so no surprise there. I can't believe that people in the US are not making a big deal out of this. This is censoring plain and simple, regardless of what the true motive behind the ban was. Regarding the show itself I have not watched it because I know its fate will be cut short. NBC just doesn't have the balls to see this through.

I am very excited about the new Netflix tv show. I am a big fan of their format and I hope they are successful.
Staff
KSL-TV has every right to pull the show off their respective airwaves. They are NOT NBC as as is being conflated. They're what's called an network affiliate of NBC. This means that they carry some and/or all of a national network's programming as they choose (in this case, NBC's). They're able to do this because they have a license for that particular bit of the broadcast spectrum in that area from the Federal Communications Commission, and part of a broadcasting mandate in the U.S. is about serving a public good.

The definition of "public good" is, of course, flexible, and changes from market to market (which was part of the point when "public good" was placed in the broadcast mandate -- it was to help emphasize local programming). If someone tried to bring a lawsuit alleging censorship, KSL-TV could argue that they were simply operating in the interest of the community, as is their responsibility as a licenser of the airwaves. Given the demographics of their market, they wouldn't necessarily be out of line in that assumption, either. Having letters or emails from residents would help, of course, and it's possible they're received such letters and are acting accordingly.

It's important to note that this is part of how the broadcasting business works. Affiliates will preempt or break into national programming for breaking local news, weather alerts, or local specials, and the national programming will often be aired at another time, normally very late that night or on a weekend day afternoon when affiliates have fewer programming options available.

To help clarify things a bit further, KSL-TV is not owned by NBC; it's owned and operated by Bonneville International which in turn is owned by the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If KSL-TV was owned by NBC it would actually be called an O&O , meaning owned-and-operated, and it's unlikely they would pull any programming, but it could still feasibly happen depending on the control the national network allows its O&Os to have.
More +
Does this mean I won't be going to Heaven?
Staff
I have no idea. Does it?
Many of the vocal critics of this stunt pulled by NCS are Americans. Just because it's not in the news doesn't mean that the American fans of the show agree with NBCs decision. Instead of protesting in the streets many people are showing their displeasure by being "subversive"--not the best word but it's all I can think of right now-- (torrents) in respect to that episode.

As I said elsewhere, I hope it tanks on iTunes but I hope it does well on the network for the rest of the episodes. NBC really screwed up--they should have it free on their website. I wish it was on a different network (FX)
The only way the NBC affiliate is engaging in censorship is you redefine censorship. Is it censorship when if TV network doesn't commision, produce and air every script that comes there way? Is it censorship when Utah's local news doesn't report on the Alaskan state fair?
It's the NBC affiliates airwaves and they have a choice over what is broadcast over them, you might not like that choice but that's whole different ball game from it being censorship.

Also by refusing to watch the show for reason other than the quality of the show aren't you in fact censoring yourself? Maybe you should be making a big deal about that before you make a big deal about the TV network.
Definition censorship: the practice of officially examining books,movies,tv shows etc and suppressing unacceptable parts. This is exactly what the NBC affiliate did. They were supposed to air the show but did not like the content and hence they banned it. I want to thank noelrk for the in-depth analysis he has given. I have no doubts that KSL-TV has the legal right not to broadcast the show. I am also sure is within their right to broadcast bunnies 24/7 if they want to. My point is that banning this show is wrong from a moral point of view. I presume the content was reviewed by someone before the show was green lit so it had every right to be on the air. Now, every tv show is bound to offend someone at one point or another, but this is no reason to pull it off the schedule. I want to point out I am not from the US and hence I am unfamiliar with many of the aspects behind such a decision but at first glance banning a show for the reasons this tv station mentioned seem againgst everything I perceive as American.
Also, Gully_Foyle, I am not watching this show because I do not want to be dissapointed in case it gets canceled. Also I am currently watching many, many other shows. I might check it out if it gets a second season.
More +
A show is reviewed by the network, not the affiliate, before it airs. Just because a network thinks it is appropriate doesn't mean that all the details in a show are appropriate for an affiliates focus.

An affiliate has the right to censorship any program they deem unacceptable for their audience. In the case of KSL, their audience is very family focused, and like it or not, Hannibal isn't a family friendly show. For an area that focuses on marriage between a man and a woman as being the way it shoudl be, The New Normal isn't acceptable.

Frankly I get sick and tired of seeing people attack KSL for doing what they believe is right and what is right for the audience they cater to. I'm surprised though that this article doesn't mention that KSL doesn't air Saturday Night Live either.....
Chris Hardwick! I might actually have to watch Comedy Central now...
Low Ratings for a show after they cancel an episode because of something bad that happened in the country is not something that you couldn't have expected.. I remember American Horror Story had an episode in Season 2 with the big storm and around the time the episode was aired there really was a storm. Gave high ratings didn't it?

And for them not airing Hannibal anymore because of its violence... Ha lol. What did you expect the show is about when you read the title? A Romance?
Would be a total shame if it got cancelled.
whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa I'm going to need you to simmer down sir and take back your comment about being almost as excited to see Orange is the New Black as you are to the return of ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT! I shall wait with bated breath...
Props to you (whatever props are) for spelling bated correctly. One doesn't see that happen too often anymore.
If we don't spell correctly we're no better than the damned dirty apes! I give my props to the Reading Rainbow. (Props is short for proper recognition or proper respect - TheMoreYouKnow)
Imagine if there was a large city that was predominately Islamic trying to do what Salt Lake City is doing. Do you think they would get away with it?
Exactly.
Utah might as well outlaw TV for the whole state.. I don't watch Hannibal but if they're going to put the episode on iTunes, it should be the full uncut episode. that's kind of ridiculous.
I would assume that given the webseries was free, the version that's on iTunes for money is the full version, but I could be wrong
why should we pay for something that was meant to be free?
Are they using their idiotic decision to pull the episode because it had violence (but nothing close plot-wise to resemble the Boston Marathon attack) to try to make more money? This should anger fans imo.

It seems like they want the show to fail~~I really can't understand their actions~Can anyone give a logical/rational reason for them to have it on iTunes rather then free on their site?

FX please take over this show if it gets cancelled.
I don't know why they haven't offered the full version of the episode for free on their website - and frankly, I don't care, because I don't live in the US and therefore wouldn't be able to watch it there anyways. I do know that episodes released on iTunes or similar sites always cost money, so the fact that this is costing money shouldn't be a surprise to fans. That they haven't made this available somewhere for free is ridiculous, but downloads always cost money.
Legal downloads always cost money - places like iTunes cost money. That's what I meant
"downloads alway cost money"--not if you know where to look
I'm just speculating, but I would assume they have a legally binding contract with the various online content entities such as Hulu, iTunes, or whatever that says the shows they have agreed to provide them won't be aired for free in other places. There you go - logical, rational, and even reasonable.
NBC has FULL episodes of Hannibal (except E4) on the NBC site so I don't see the logic in pissing off fans by making them pay for it on iTunes when it was originally supposed to be free on tv and could be offered free on the NBC site.
Three times the Hardwick.......my life is now complete. Now enjoy your burrito!
lol, Utah... Not a big surprise.
"And never again have to pay for a service that would be dirt cheap... IF it weren't run by a bunch of profiteering gluttons!"

Hackers - 1995
Can anybody zoom in, enhance the image and tell me what it says on the card in the picture? They do it on CSI all the time, so it must be possible, right?
from you.....
It says "What do you see?"
*sigh* .....oh Utah...

Really excited about seeing more Chris Hardwick on tv! Am I right, Nerds?

Also the Jenji Kohan Netflix project seems really interesting. Miss u Weeds!!!
I swear, the US is going to be worse than China at the rate it's going. Hannibal's too violent - it will give people ideas; obviously in this time where bombs are hidden everywhere and all the crazies own guns, this is the thing we must focus on! Some guy walking home from the market rebels by standing in front of a tank, it will give people ideas; obviously we must make sure 25 years' worth of people never know what happened in Tiananmen Square!

Yes, I went there. Because that's where we're headed. Little things like this throw the door wide open for the larger, more important things.

Next to that, my complaint about (free) network television being available only for purchase seems rather insignificant, but that's another slippery slope this whole ordeal contains.

I'll just be over here muttering bah, humbug.
yes, it's sad to see what is happening to our rights in the USA...I'm not sure how far down the slippery slope but we are going down it:-(

You are not alone in your muttering bah, humbug...
It's not just in the USA. It's happening pretty much everywhere to various degrees.

I eagerly await the next extinction-level event. We're overdue for a global reset. And asteroids won't care who has money and power and who doesn't.
Tim and JT sitting in a tree...
I read the title for the article and was going to ask if it was the same station that didn't air TNN. It is. I remember reading somewhere that the station is run by the mormon church? With TNN Salt Lake City's CW affiliate aired it. What about Hannibal? Will this affect the ratings of the show? What is aired during the Hannibal timeslot? Does this affiliate air L&O:SVU?
I wondered that, too. I haven't seen Hannibal, but SVU gets pretty graphic sometimes.
It's been good knowing you, Hannibal. TV is just one big game of Jenga...if just one wrong piece gets pulled, the rest falls apart.
I kind of want fan backlash but at the same time I don't want it cancelled...perplexing....

song quote to nbc: "F*ck you! I won't do what you tell me"
rage against the machine (not a current band but the chorus if fitting)
It makes me sad that garbage like The Following gets renewed and Hannibal will probably get cancelled after only 13 episodes. I do hope enough people buy the episode to maybe give NBC second thoughts about cancelling it.
I hope the free episodes on NBC do well enough for it to be renewed.
If it is cancelled, I really, really hope that it gets picked up by somebody else. Possibly a cable station, so they could get away with more. Possibly Netflix. Anybody would do, as long as it gets a chance to continue. It sucks knowing that Bryan Fuller hasn't had a successful show yet, given how great his shows are (at least the ones I've seen). I was hoping the name recognition of Hannibal Lector might give him the support that he needed for a successful one, but now it looks like it's in trouble.
It's probably because it's on NBC is why it is doing so poorly. Look at the Thursday night lineup...the anchor show is The Office, which everyone bailed on because of how poor quality is was (from 10 million at its peak to 3-4 million), and THAT'S the most watched show of the night. If NBC had a steardier lineup that people actually wanted to watch like in the 90s or even a few years ago on its comedy lineup when The Office was the talk of the town, the rest of the lineup wouldn't suffer so much.
this "stunt" of their isn't going to help them imo

I agree~~it needs to be on a cable station
Nothing in Hannibal is near as mind numbing chilling as the double cop kidnapping and torturing in next to last episode of Southland - Chaos .
Staff
...I had no idea that my Tim/JT_Kirk fanfics were actually happening...
I'm so glad I don't live there. It was annoying enough that they didn't air the 4th Hannibal episode, so I had to search for it online. And speaking of which, that's a jerk move. I mean, yes, at least they're making it available to people who want to watch it, but it should have at least been on NBC's website for free, if not on NBC itself. Also, really looking forward to Orange is the New Black. It sounds like a good idea for a show, so hopefully it lives up to its potential. Netflix FTW. <3
the netflix show sounds good

everyone should torrent it for free...nbc is "free" so why should I have to pay for something that was supposed to be free. They are using the boston marathon tragedy as an excuse for profit (yea capitalism, shown here at it's worst, but at the same time YEA to torrents)
Careful Vicky, they'll hunt you down.
don't encourage me (lol) or I will start quoting all their movies;-)
j/k but they are favorites of mine! I have resisting the urge to quote the swallow discussion/debate to spammers.
CROWD: A witch! A witch! A witch! We've got a witch! A witch!
VILLAGER #1: We have found a witch, might we burn her?
CROWD: Burn her! Burn!
BEDEMIR: How do you know she is a witch?
VILLAGER #2: She looks like one.
BEDEMIR: Bring her forward.
WITCH: I'm not a witch. I'm not a witch.
BEDEMIR: But you are dressed as one.
WITCH: They dressed me up like this.
CROWD: No, we didn't... no.
WITCH: And this isn't my nose, it's a false one.
BEDEMIR: Well?
VILLAGER #1: Well, we did do the nose.
BEDEMIR: The nose?
VILLAGER #1: And the hat -- but she is a witch!
CROWD: Burn her! Witch! Witch! Burn her!
BEDEMIR: Did you dress her up like this?
CROWD: No, no... no ... yes. Yes, yes, a bit, a bit.
VILLAGER #1: She has got a wart.
BEDEMIR: What makes you think she is a witch?
VILLAGER #3: Well, she turned me into a newt.
BEDEMIR: A newt?
VILLAGER #3: I got better.
VILLAGER #2: Burn her anyway!
CROWD: Burn! Burn her!
BEDEMIR: Quiet, quiet. Quiet! There are ways of telling whether
she is a witch.
CROWD: Are there? What are they?
BEDEMIR: Tell me, what do you do with witches?
VILLAGER #2: Burn!
CROWD: Burn, burn them up!
BEDEMIR: And what do you burn apart from witches?
VILLAGER #1: More witches!
VILLAGER #2: Wood!
BEDEMIR: So, why do witches burn?
[pause]
VILLAGER #3: B--... 'cause they're made of wood...?
BEDEMIR: Good!
CROWD: Oh yeah, yeah...
BEDEMIR: So, how do we tell whether she is made of wood?
VILLAGER #1: Build a bridge out of her.
BEDEMIR: Aah, but can you not also build bridges out of stone?
VILLAGER #2: Oh, yeah.
BEDEMIR: Does wood sink in water?
VILLAGER #1: No, no.
VILLAGER #2: It floats! It floats!
VILLAGER #1: Throw her into the pond!
CROWD: The pond!
BEDEMIR: What also floats in water?
VILLAGER #1: Bread!
VILLAGER #2: Apples!
VILLAGER #3: Very small rocks!
VILLAGER #1: Cider!
VILLAGER #2: Great gravy!
VILLAGER #1: Cherries!
VILLAGER #2: Mud!
VILLAGER #3: Churches -- churches!
VILLAGER #2: Lead -- lead!
ARTHUR: A duck.
CROWD: Oooh.
BEDEMIR: Exactly! So, logically...,
VILLAGER #1: If... she.. weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood.
BEDEMIR: And therefore--?
VILLAGER #1: A witch!
CROWD: A witch!
BEDEMIR: We shall use my larger scales!
[yelling]
BEDEMIR: Right, remove the supports!
[whop]
[creak]
CROWD: A witch! A witch!
WITCH: It's a fair cop.
CROWD: Burn her! Burn! [yelling]
BEDEMIR: Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?
ARTHUR: I am Arthur, King of the Britons.
BEDEMIR: My liege!
ARTHUR: Good Sir knight, will you come with me to Camelot,
and join us at the Round Table?
BEDEMIR: My liege! I would be honored.
ARTHUR: What is your name?
BEDEMIR: Bedemir, my leige.
ARTHUR: Then I dub you Sir Bedemir, Knight of the Round Table.
More +
One of the best, thanks. And I also love the next conversation of those characters:

BEDEMIR: And that, my liege, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.
ARTHUR: This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedemir. Explain again how sheeps' bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
BEDEMIR: Oh, certainly, sir.
I'm really happy for you and @JT_Kirk, Bro. Looking forward to the return of Major Crimes and Perception. They're really good, especially MC. Also glad to see Danny Pudi in another role. I've never watched Royal Pains, but I'll search out Pudi's episode. I like Chris Hardwick, but I'd rather he'd go it alone, without Matt & Jonah. Not likely, I'm afraid.
Thank you. Their jags to the UK on the current version of the Nerdist are the worst.
And what's so stupid is that all the kids or whomever they're trying to "protect" from this so called terror show Hannibal can get it online anyway, haha. Pretty much all of us also know you can get that full episode 4 they "banned" so take that censors! :D
From the linked article

'KSL is confident that with the proliferation of digital media, those who wish to view the program can easily do so.'

So they are fully aware that there are other ways to view the program. It's not censorship if anything it's demonstration of the freedom of expresion. OK, so they are expressing disapproval but since when did saying that you don't agree with something become a bad thing?
I support Freedom of Speech/Expression but I just think they made a bad business decision and shot themselves in the foot.
Thumbs up for using 'whomever'.
So what you can buy episode 4 of Hannibal?
you can get it on torrents for free
I wonder if Hardwick's show means the Nerdest tv show on BBC America won't be getting any more episodes after the current order.
NOOOOOOO! really hope that's not the case!! :(
Hannibal isn't in danger of being canceled is it? I love that show.
Unfortunately it is. The ratings droped a lot after the 4th episode got cancelled. Even before that, they were not very good. OK for NBC, but not good. I'm hoping NBC knows the show is very good, and will keep it despite those ratings.
It's the best show NBC has had in years. I hope they know it too.
Thanks for the info.

It really is a great show. NBC better save it or else I'm sure some other network will snatch it up.
i live in europe, the 4th episode just aired, and i really dont see what the big fuss was..
I don't see what the big fuss was about and I live in the USA.
I watched the ep too.

I was wondering if NBC thought maybe the scenes with the SWAT team storming the house and stuff might hit a little too close to home.

I don't know *shrugs*. It really didn't bother me.
I think it might be which is a shame, one of the best shows ive seen that arent on HBO Showtime Fx or AMC
Agreed.
It belongs on cable.
FX
It may end up there. I hope somebody saves it if NBC doesn't.
Glad to see Danny Pudi getting another role. He was doing token ethnic characters before Community!

• 8:00 pm