News Briefs: Bravo Renews Shahs of Sunset

SCORE ONE FOR STEREOTYPES

... Bravo has renewed its latest foray into cultural exploitation, Shahs of Sunset, for a second season. The docudrama, which follows Iranian-Americans in Los Angeles, finished its debut season on Sunday. White people, you're just too boring. [Deadline Hollywood]

BUSINESS TIME

... AMC has narrowed its development slate to six scripts. Low Winter Sun is an adaptation of a gothic murder mystery from New Zealand, Turn follows George Washington's spies, Philly Lawyer is a legal drama, Crystal Pines centers on a cloning experiment, F/V Mean Tide is a drama about a family of lobster farmers, and Sacred Games is a crime drama set in Mumbai. AMC is notorious for seeing its projects through, so if any of these stick, there's a good chance they'll be picked up to series. [Deadline Hollywood]

... As long as there are crazy people in the world, VH1 will give them their own TV shows. The latest...individual...to get her own show is Big Ang from Mob Wives, who will be followed by cameras for 10 episodes as she does whatever it is Mob Wives do. Visit orphanages and work on controlling climate change? I dunno. [Deadline Hollywood]

... NBC has ordered White Elephant, a show based on the gift-swapping game of the same name. Howie Mandel will host as contestants decide whether to keep their prizes or swap 'em out for their rivals' goods. It's all the fun of going to a Christmas party without getting drunk or eating sugar cookies! [EW]

... Travel Channel has expanded its portfolio with the approval of three pilots: Barn Finds, about a man who travels through the South in search of antique cars; Power Trip with Jason Harper, which follows Harper as he travels the world and drives kick-ass vehicles; and an untitled show starring Michael Connolly, who was born with no legs, as he travels the globe. [Deadline Hollywood]

SNEAK PEEK NEWS

... Want to watch The CW's upcoming Canadian import The L.A. Complex? Of course you do! The first episode of the young-person drama about hot young people living in L.A. is now up on Hulu, in advance of its April 24 premiere. [Hulu]

CASTING NEWS

... Foxy! NBC's Grimm has promoted Bree Turner to series regular for Season 2. In the fairy-tale procedural, Turner plays Rosalee the Fuchsbau, which is a fancy way of saying sexy Fox Woman. This is fabulous news for Monroe. [TV Line]

... Amy Acker's number is up! The Angel star is dropping by CBS's Person of Interest, where the computer will spit out the number of a sexy psychiatrist played by Acker. Reese is SO gonna tap that. [TV Guide]

... Laura Vandervoort (Smallville, V) will guest-star in a Season 4 episode of White Collar. The former Supergirl will play a socialite who gets to make out with Neal. [TV Line]

Follow TV.com writer Tim Surette on Twitter: @TimAtTVDotCom

The great casting news for POI is that TVLine has posted a pic of Reese holding hands with Dagmara Dominczyk--Mercedes from The Count of Monte Cristo! That episode will air on May 3.
your right, white people are boring. lol
Howie Mandel, the new kiss-of-death in expensive non-scripted, non-"reality TV.

I once worked in an LA store owned by Iranian-Americans, and they installed a few of them as employees later on as well. They were nice colorful folks, eventually turned their lives into exciting soap operas: lots of infighting and fancy cars and shifting blame away from the coke-addled safe-raider of a nephew. Unfortunately, the one thing that was left clear was that we mere white people were indeed not as interesting as they. That's what happens when you escape religious and political persecution in a large group, I guess.
White Elephant sounds like the worst idea for a reality/game show, ever.

As for the AMC developments: I can see all of them being pretty cool except F/V Mean Tide. A drama about lobster farmers? Really?

I expected Rosalee would become a more regular cast member; good to hear that's come true. She's got a nice little chemistry going with Monroe.

I love Laura Vandervoort.

I think the former-army guy Reese helps in the first half of the season is Amy Acker's husband, so cool for both of em getting to be on the show.
I knew they were going to promote Bree Turner to a series regular. She fits the Grimm very well.
The casting news..awesome! i mean i like Rosalee (for Monroe) and Amy Acker in POI??Great!!But i think its Finch who may get to some base not Reese.
I like Rosalee, so I'm happy to hear that she's now a regular character.
Wow, Shahs of Sunset. Never heard of it. Never will watch it.

White Elephant sound horrible. And it is hosted by Howie Mandel. Why does NBC believe that people actually like this guy? Does his shiny bald head put the executives in a trance? Anyway, it sounds like the networks are running out of ideas for TV game shows. Hey NBC! I've got an idea for a game! It's called Rock, Paper, Scissors! I would like to talk to you guys about it but we need to discuss how much I'll get paid for it, plus I need the titles of creator and executive producer, whatever they do.

Speaking of White Collar....I actually "met" (at different times) Laura Vandervoort and Matthew Bomer at Vancouver International Airport. By "met", I meant like "Hey." And by "Hey" I mean "Oh my God it's you!" The funny thing is, I felt like I was getting more of a flirtatious vibe from Matthew than from Laura...
Please don't give NBC any ideas. There, sadly, very sadly, are rock, paper scissors competitions and even tournaments. Given their current crop of ideas for game shows, it is entirely conceivable that they would do that. They have no ideas. None. Zero. Zilch
AMC, Low Winter Sun sounds too much like The Kiling and that is horrible. Turn sounds interesting, as does Crystal Pines. I am still upset about Rubicon.

NBC keeps swirling down the drain. I am however glad that Bree Turner is going to going to be a regular on Grimm.

Thank you POI, Amy Acker makes everything better.

As does Laura Vandervoort. Can this girl get a show where she isn't a hot alien.

• 8:00 pm