News Briefs: Captain Brass Is Leaving CSI After 14 Seasons

FAREWELL, CAPTAIN NEWS

... Paul Guilfoyle, who's played CSI's Captain Jim Brass since the show debuted in October of 2000, is leaving the venerable procedural. Guilfoyle will be written off the series at the end of the current season; apparently it was the producers' idea for him to say goodbye. Guilfoyle is one of only two series regulars who've been with CSI since the beginning; George Eads is the other. [THR]

BUSINESS TIME

... Well that was fast and not at all surprising. Just one week after ABC Family announced that a pilot order for a drama called Alice of Arabia, the network has yelled "PSYCH!" and backed out of the idea, in response to concerns voiced by the Council for American-Islamic Relations that the show would deal in Muslim stereotypes. According to the show's logline, Alice of Arabia centered on an American teenager who was "unknowingly kidnapped" by her extended Saudi Arabian family and whisked away to the Middle East; Buzzfeed dug a little deeper and got its hands on the pilot script, which contained  some not-so-flattering references to Muslims and the religion of Islam. A rep for ABC Family said: "The current conversation surrounding our pilot was not what we had envisioned and is certainly not conducive to the creative process, so we’ve decided not to move forward with this project." I mean, come on, the show was doomed because of the title alone. In related news, ABC Family remains quiet about my protests of Melissa & Joey. [Variety]

... Eh, some news here, eh! Rookie Blue's fifth season has been upped to 22 episodes from its normal 13! Yay, eh! But this news isn't all maple syrup and a polite demeanor; ABC, which imports the series from an igloo in Saskatchewan, had only planned to the first 11 episodes of the season, which is scheduled to premiere on July 17. (What it was going to do with the other two, I have no idea.) The new episode count means that we have know idea when the extra episodes will air in the U.S. [TV Line]

... Have you been watching Fox's remake of Carl Sagan's epic Cosmos? Well Creationists have, and they want some airtime on the decidedly scientific series. Haha, come on guys. Are you serious? Neil deGrasse Tyson didn't come knocking on the door when History aired The Bible, you all can chill, too. Or go ahead and make your own show, I don't give a darn. [Raw Story]

... I don't know if you've heard, but something crazy happened on The Good Wife last night (Noel is still upset; someone please send him some ice cream). And in order to defend and/or explain the decision, The Good Wife creators Robert and Michelle King wrote a letter to fans telling them it's going to be okay, and can read the very spoilery message right here. I'm going to on record and say that I think it's silly that the producers of a television show feel like they have to write letters to fans defending why they do things, but the Kings do have a history of explaining themselves. [Me]

CASTING NEWS

... Betsy Brandt? More like BUSY Brandt. The Breaking Bad actress has landed another new role now that she's been freed from the technically-not-canceled-but-yep-it's-canceled The Michael J. Fox Show. She'll star in the ABC series The Club, a drama that's set at an upscale country club, as the spurned wife of one of the club's owners. Brandt was recently cast in a recurring role on Showtime's Masters of Sex. [Deadline Hollywood]

... Alfred Molina (Raiders of the Lost Ark, Doctor Octopus in Spider-Man 2) is joining El Rey's Matador, a drama about a professional soccer player who's actually an undercover CIA operative. He runs assassination missions without using his hands! Molina will play the evil owner of the team who, along with some other shady rich guys, uses his influence to control the world. This show—which will debut this summer, following the World Cup—sounds ridiculous. I'm in. [THR]

BONUS PICTURE ROUND

... Want to see what the new Alfred looks like in Fox's Batman-less Batman series Gotham? Well you probably already did unless you are a weirdo and you read this story from bottom to top.

ODDBALL-BUT-NECESSARY NEWS

... A schoolteacher in Belgium is controlling his unruly students with a unique disciplinary tactic: He's threatening to reveal Game of Thrones spoilers unless they shut up and learn. Parents in Belgium sound pretty cool if they let their children watch a show with so much nudity, but then again this is one of the country's most famous tourist attractions so I guess those kiddos have seen it all. [Time]

... Philadelphia brewery Dock Street Brewing is releasing a new type of beer with The Walking Dead in mind. The suds, called Dock Street Walker, will go beyond the standard ingredients of malt, barley, and hops with the addition of—ahem—smoked goat brains. The beer debuts March 30. Has anyone told these guys that the zombies in The Walking Dead aren't the "Brraaaaaaains" kind of zombies? [Gizmodo]

SAD NEWS

... Actor James Rebhorn, who played Carrie Mathison's father on Homeland, has passed away at the age of 65. The character actor's many TV credits also included Law & Order, Enlightened, The Practice, Seinfeld, and Boston Legal. Rebhorn had been battling melanoma. But he did not go quietly. The man wrote his own obituary. [Variety]

Mar 31, 2014
Captain Brass leaving? Nooooooooooooooooo!
May 25, 2014
oh well, just read that he is going to be in a swedish tv-series instead.
Mar 27, 2014
See, for us Europeans that sounds typical American:
Game of Thrones is a show were people are constantly slaughtered, castrated, maimed, etc in the cruelest ways possible - and you are concerned for kids watching this because of a little skin... ROFL!!!
Mar 26, 2014
Paul Guilfoyle will no doubt either pop up on the other waste of time spin off show or some other cop type thing. He's been written out by CSI's ever increasing 'appropriate' duties for their regulars. His character was rather limited though.
Networks being afraid of what Mussie religious groups will think of their shows? Do they not think Muslims don't get a kick out of watching how other religious lots get treated but can apparently do sod all about it? In any case, I'm sure plenty of Muslim women would've tuned in and gone, "Yeah sister, we feel you" - but not in a sexual 6-10% of the population way.
Good news a'boot Rookie Blue.
It was reported that Fox 'accidently' deleted 'the other sides' view before. Biblical payback's a bitch.
Alfred Molina news in always good, well, when he's going to be on. Nice footie joke there Tim. Nice and fresh. As most British people will testify, footballers are known for their high intellects and a CIA agent wouldn't stand out in the field at any time, ever. I assume that he's a piss poor player only conducting these missions in the off season, otherwise the pap's would catch him out either making an intelligent statement, choice or killing.
Good to see Sean Pertwee getting airtime. Full stop. Or, period. Or whatever.
I think the bigger question is how is the teacher getting these spoilers first and can I enrol as a held back student if he has such unHoly knowledge?
Philadelphia brewery Dock Street Brewing is clearly unaware that most every beer out there has a zombie quality to it post 6-8 pints.
Shame about the actor James Rebhorn. It's startling to see his press photos for Homeland and then the picture on here. Reminds me of my departed grandparents. RIP to all.
Mar 31, 2014
Muslims watch Homeland , airing on several Arab satellite channels (mainly OSN and MBC) and all the other Western TV shows and couldn't care less about the religious aspects other than the concern normal human beings feel . But they will spend literally days discussing the political aspects of each and every scene, even the most trivial. As for the way Muslim women are treated any Arab TV show will give you a change of mind as all have strong, free and sometimes more bitchy than their Western sisters characters . This is fact in real life and not the 1900s white slavery fantasies of some people in the West. Anyhoo, it's good they cancelled that bad idea.
Alfred Molina really deserves something smarter than whatever the show he will be in. I will add to your comment that British and other soccer players have actually little time out of practice and planning their future lives beyond their very narrow career to be anything close to a CIA operative or ruling the World. Also, all their brain power lies at their feet.
I wonder about that Belgian teacher too, maybe he is the CIA operative ruling the World?
The only good beer is Murphy s.
I'm with you on the departed Rebhorn, always played the pricks in movies and Tv shows, the kind that are CIA operatives and /or rule the World,; so he must have been a great guy in real life.RIP to all, cheers .
More +
Mar 31, 2014
Yeah , I have to agree that the Muslim women I met at Uni didn't seem that repressed or able to hold their tongues over, well, anything. There's a good ep' from the original Oz version of Rake (s2e1, IIRC) with a sneaky Muslim woman, which is good. Hah, just caught myself thinking how I had to ponder to think of one on TV!
Murphy's is an ok stout for the later years in life.
Mar 31, 2014
I don't know if a woman's tongue being held or not is Muslim-specific, or being sneaky., lol.
Murphy's is the best and I have no idea what to make of your comment on it. It can't be an insult because I know you are not that stupid and it can't be a compliment because it just does not make sense.
Mar 25, 2014
I'm from Belgium. What can I say? We're an awesome bunch &3 ;-)
Mar 26, 2014
I am proud of our neigbouring country.
Mar 31, 2014
I second that, except I am little farther away.
Mar 25, 2014
Wow, Brass is still on CSI? Paul Guilfoyle is awesome!

It was a shame to hear about James Rebhorn, last time I saw him he was on White Collar. RIP.
Mar 25, 2014
Ah, CSI.. In all honesty this show is still OK, bit hokey sometimes but hey it's been a fun run. No one touches Grissom for the lead role, but Danson has been pretty good. Wasn't a huge Fishburne fan (although really like his role in Hannibal) but I think part of that is he took over for Grissom. Tough act to follow. Ironic that with Brass leaving, George "Nick" Eads is the only guy still on from the beginning considering a number of years ago both he and Jorja Fox were threatening to leave if they didn't get a raise...They didn't but he's stayed the whole while...Not a bad gig eh George?
In any case, CSI has been a trailblazing show but its time has come (and probably passed) to wrap it up.

Mar 25, 2014
RIP James Rebhorn. Great character actor! I'll show you Out of Order Mr. Trask! Great role.
Mar 25, 2014
So long Captain Brass - I haven't watched CSI regularly in a long time but he was a great character. I hope they just let him retire as opposed to killing him off. I look forward to seeing Paul Guilfoyle in other movies and TV.
Watched James Rebhorn on many TV shows and movies, he was a great actor and his obituary is beautifully written - RIP.
Mar 25, 2014
Why don't they just cancel CSI already? Fourteen years is too long for any tv show, when one of your two last original cast members is leaving you need to start thinking about pulling the plug. Especially considering it's not like Game of Thrones or anything where people are dying off left and right and it's to be expected, it's a procedural cop drama, generally a secure gig for the main cast members. Everyone's jumped ship already, time to let the ship sink.
Mar 25, 2014
Rebhorn's passing is very sad news. He had this gift of bringing roles to life with enthusiasm and humanity. He looked very old in that picture, I wonder how recent it was. I wonder how they'll manage on Homeland.
Mar 25, 2014
i was in Belgium once as a kid (when it was still East/West Germany). i remember that little peeing boy fountain...my parents even bought me a keychain with him on it.

Mar 25, 2014
I totally agree about your comment on Creationists and Cosmos. ha.

I believe in evolution, but sometimes hearing the explanation of how it most likely happened seems just as crazy as creationism. hah

Mar 25, 2014
The key is not 'believing' anything. The whole concept of belief in this sense is unintelligent.
Mar 31, 2014
You both are having a circular discussion as you are both correct. You both need to read or re-read on paradigms. Prior to Einstein and Poincare's theory of Relativity, all the scientists in the world held the positivist view that everything was explained and settled. This next happened to Quantum Physics before string and super string theory changed that. All astrophysicists are still baffled by dark matter and even more by dark energy. The fact that a hypothesis can be universally repeated does not make it the final word on the issue as some other theory can eventually come and impact it with just as much strength and still take it elsewhere.
As for the other side of the issue, all I can do is advise you to read Lyall Watson's great books, Supernature and Supernature II
Mar 31, 2014
I've never suggested that science has explained everything. Nor have I suggested that scientific 'fact' is absolute truth. There's little point to bringing cosmology into the discussion because unlike some areas of cosmology evolutionary theory is thoroughly substantiated as scientific fact. current's main point hinges on an ignorant misunderstanding of scientific theory. He/she has taken the word 'theory' to mean (most or all of) evolution is conjecture instead of scientific fact. By far the most important point to this discussion is that current is poorly informed about evolution.

There's been a semantic element to this discussion over the definition of 'belief', yet I stated the term in quotation marks to indicate I was defining it specifically. Most of what followed was commenters refusing to accept my definition on its own terms. Belief is so commonly used in a religious or similar sense, which is antithetical to science, that care needs to be taken when using the term in a scientific context, especially when these days there is a tendency among misguided people to inexplicably think of science as a religion.
Mar 25, 2014
If you don't believe in anything; try walking in front of an oncoming train, as its effects will be factually deducible to a probability of one. Just as dh4645's belief is a statement of fact. However, to state that belief is unintelligent is itself so. Most of the theories surrounding evolutionism are, as yet, just that. In point of fact, most of life still is.
Mar 26, 2014
You clearly do not understand what a scientific 'theory' is. Scientifically speaking evolution can also be referred to as 'fact and theory'.

Those who share your lack of understanding are either ignorant or zealous creationists more interested in damaging science's reputation than the truth. Which are you?

Modern religious belief centres on holding that a premise, concerning the origins of humans, the Earth or the Universe, is true without the support of, and often contradictory to, reason, argument or evidence. Now no doubt some people treat science as a religion, steadfastly accepting its findings without understanding why. They are no better than the religious.

The nature of science is that you need not take anything on 'faith', you don't need to accept what's presented to you. That's because scientific 'facts' are based on repeatable experimentation, the facts are demonstratable and are corroborated by evidence. The ideal mindset of a scientist is not 'belief' but scepticism. Scientists doubt claims made and only accept them on consensus when corrobating evidence and repeatable results are provided.
Mar 27, 2014
Neither I nor dh4645 stated that we were of any particular belief or affiliation to any group. And yet you run off to that bastion of truth Wikipedia, in an effort, to prove yourself as correct and be 'cleverly' rude. Here's a final clue to what a bright light such as yourself should've picked up on first time around: reread my second from last line above. Then either remain in your own little world of ignorant classifications or, realise your error and call up, oh I don't know, say Wikepaedia, to see what the word most means, apply it to the context of the line and grow from it. ANY evolutionist scientist out there will say the same thing, namely that they know some things to be re-testable and so provable as fact but, most of their knowledge is still based on theoretical propositions.
I do not.
Mar 26, 2014
You 'clearly' jump to unsound conclusions. Reread what I wrote.
Mar 26, 2014
This comment has been removed.
Mar 26, 2014
I don't believe that's correct.
Mar 26, 2014
i think u just got hung up on the word "believe".

Mar 25, 2014
This comment has been removed.
Mar 25, 2014
in regards to: Guilfoyle is one of only two series regulars who've been with CSI since the beginning; George Eads is the other.

Hasn't Sara & Doc Robins been there since the start too?
Mar 25, 2014
No. Sarah left and came back once she found out she didn't have the talent and name draw to command more than the $100K per episode she somehow thought she was worth... Don;t know about the Doc, but he likely came later.
Mar 25, 2014
Sara left for several seasons and came back. And I want to say Doc came in the second or third season but don't quote me on that.
Mar 25, 2014
I think I'm gonna stop watching CSI. Brass was the last reason I kept watching after Grissom left and then the others left...
Mar 25, 2014
i'll still watch. Hasn't Sara & Doc Robins been there since the start too?
Apr 09, 2014
Doc Robbins was not a main character until season 3 (Greg has also been there from the beginning but same as Doc) Sarah not only was not a main until episode two, but also left for a number of years. Nick and Brass have been there since Ep. 1 and never left!
Mar 25, 2014
yes but the whole thing doesn't work for me anymore. Sara left once and I didn't really feel better for the show when she returned
Mar 25, 2014
Well, I hope Brass goes out retiring, and is not killed off literally. Too much respect for the character to see the show be so cheap. RIP to James Rebhorn, who went too young. A fine actor in many movies and TV shows (at the moment I can't recall which Seinfeld episode(s) he was in, though it's sitting somewhere close by in my brain).
Mar 25, 2014
Shame indeed. Carrie's father in Homeland (grounded character to her nutjob), the lawyer in the infamous finale of Seinfeld. So many shows where no one knew his name. What a loss.

So Guilfoyle is leaving CSI:Mothership and Eads thinks it's a good idea to stay on this stinker? It's been underwater since Peterson left and I had the brains to stop watching.
Mar 25, 2014
Hasn't Sara & Doc Robins been there since the start too?
Mar 25, 2014
Why are people so much more afraid to criticize Islam than any other religion?
Mar 25, 2014
Gee I wonder. Look what happened to those European cartoonists and that Dutch film maker.. Alice in Arabia sounds like a stupid show I wouldn't have been watching anyway so to me it's moot.
Mar 25, 2014
It sounds like you're rationalizing your discomfort away.
Mar 25, 2014
Discomfort at what? Other than a show gets axed before it even premieres because it's somehow offensive, yet none of us have seen it? Truth be told based on the premise I wouldn't have watched it anyway. To answer your original question the answer seems pretty clear to me.
Mar 25, 2014
But it's not cool that religious extremists can just threaten opposing views away. :/
Mar 25, 2014
I'm not sure I agree with you. However there is a real problem with Islamic extremists managing to effectively restrict freedom of speech through fear and intimidation, especially when it comes to images of Mohammed. It's a shame that with nearly all religions the extremist minority ends up being the most vocal and most heard. Anyway you're implying that Alice in Arabia would have been a serious critique on Islamic issues then I think you're being a bit generous. And resistance to the show is probably aimed at the more cultural stereotype aspect than the religious one.
Mar 25, 2014
Says who? Catholicism harbors and protects pedophiles who rape little boys and pay off their parents, sending them (the pedophiles, that is) when they're found out (Boston, anyone?) to Rome to sit at the sex abuse coverup feet of the freak in the pointy hat and dress. Enough criticism for you?
Mar 25, 2014
How is that a criticism of Islam?
Mar 25, 2014
I agree, but the show was stereotyping (meaningless criticism) of the culture. It has been going on in hollywood forever, so a nice, normal depiction of Arabs & Muslims now and again would go a long way in changing the negative view Americans have toward Arabs.
Mar 25, 2014
There is a lot wrong in Saudi Arabia, though. I don't even necessarily tie Islam to the Middle East; that's not even where it's most prevalent. I'm talking about the religion, itself.
Mar 26, 2014
The only extremism I'm seeing here is people automatically assuming the cancellation is due to extremists.
Mar 25, 2014
Cause you'll blamed of being a racist.
Mar 25, 2014
And rightfully so, at least by modern terms of what consists of 'racist' as opposed to just being wrong. Let's imagine I pitch a show called "New Jack Nazareth". It's all about a dude named Jesus who smuggles alcohol into the US under the guise of it being mineral water. Once through customs he snaps his fingers and it becomes wine. Is there anyone suggesting this would not be offensive to some people and that by being offensive it should not be put on air? Alice in Arabia is insulting even by the title, and heads should roll, so to speak, over allowing it to get as far as it did.
Mar 25, 2014
"Heads should roll"..WOW THAT'S an ironic analogy!
Mar 26, 2014
Precisely why I wrote it, followed by "so to speak".
Mar 25, 2014
So criticizing Islam is wrong according to you? Why if I may ask?
Mar 25, 2014
Is there something wrong with me if I want to watch New Jack Nazareth?
Mar 26, 2014
Nope. It's a stellar idea. The thing is, if I know if will offend people and still go through with it, THAT is wrong, will create tensions or worse, and will end up with a product that does not sell. Bottom line is it would be insensitive.
Mar 25, 2014
Came out badly... meant to say that because it is offensive it should still be put on the air.
Mar 25, 2014
Seems pretty evident even from this article that Creationists are up in arms about the show Creationists, so it's not just Islam. I imagine a show about "life in the ghetto" wouldn't go over to well with Jews, either, if not portrayed with complete accuracy and respect. Doesn't sound like this show was aiming to do either.
Mar 25, 2014
The Matador show seems like a decent concept but I know I'd be turned off quickly if the soccer aspects of the show are even slightly butchered.
We got to get a Rick and Morty community on TV.com
Mar 25, 2014
At least Alfred isn't going to look like Jason Statham, as he did in Beware the Batman. As for Paul Guilfoyle leaving CSI, it's kind of overdue. I think the character should have been retired after he was critically wounded in "Bang-Bang" and gone off into the sunset with his daughter. Then again, I didn't think CSI would run 15 seasons. Here's hoping the series ends with Nick being named the shift supervisor.
Mar 25, 2014
That's a great idea. I hope the writers will think of the same thing!
Mar 25, 2014
Sorry to hear of James Rebhorn's passing, he was an actor that always clicked well whenever he was onscreen, and his obit was moving and showed a great character which drove those works. He will be missed.
Mar 25, 2014
Captain Brass has felt angry and tired of the job, but he's been so good that I think it's fair to have him retire rather than stick around too long. I hope Paul Guilfoyle gets more work, he's an incredibly compelling actor and has brought much humanity to this character throughout the years.

I tried to watch Cosmos, but couldn't get through much, and honestly the new Starship of the Imagination wasn't a great way in. Creationists can get airtime somewhere else, not every idea is equally valid on a SCIENCE show.

Ok, some ice cream shall be sent! I think it was wise of the Kings to explain the choice they did, a lot of fans are vocally upset about this creative choice and it helps to cool them down before rash emotions drive away the audience.

So how old is Alfred here then?

Holy crapsacks, revealing GOT spoilers is hilarious and awesome and clever.
Mar 25, 2014
The issue with Game of Thrones isn't nudity, but how to explain the kids that children do get killed, that bad guys win more often than not and that, every moral of every story doesn't apply in the real world.

Keeping in mind the real world for these characters is a land of direwolves, dragons and witches (which doesn't help to ease the blow).
Mar 25, 2014
There's not so much info on the Belgian article either, but the teacher is a math teacher, so at least a middle school teacher, if not highschool, so...

When you consider movies like The Hunger Games are allowed for 12+ kids, and that we, in Western Europe, are wayyyyyyyyyyy less prude about nudity than the USA, it's all cool.
Mar 25, 2014
The story is basically about a French math teacher (he's from the Walloon part, I'm from Flanders, so I speak Dutch, not French) who threatened to say who died and how. The third season hadn't aired on French TV yet and at first the students didn't believe it, until he gave a name. Then they all hushed for the rest of the class. You can find the story here: Dutch site
If you can read Dutch, that is.

Oh and btw: we don't have anything like "middle school" in Belgium. You go from 6 years of primary school to 6 years of high school. And no, that's not torture. We don't have "cliques" and "popular kids" and all that yammarrammadiddlysquat. So it's okay :-)
Mar 26, 2014
I'm French, and I know Belgium, thanks. I was trying to translate it all for the mostly American people on this website.
Mar 25, 2014
The Hunger Games is still written in a teenage code: true love wins - after a love triangle - the boyfriend and best friends always survive no matter the odds and there's a happy reunion by the end of the story.

Try to explain a kid that Daenerys's husband/boyfriend did die, or that true love sometimes split like Jon & Ygritte and that loving families and devoted friends get killed and there's nothing Arya can do but watch and they are not ready.
Mar 26, 2014
I think at 12+yo this is something you can understand, no? I don't know how it is in the US, but the books we read in class at 12+ didn't really broadcast that love, friendship or family always wins, quite the contrary.
Mar 25, 2014
Right well, math teachers only teach high school students (in primary school you only have on teacher who teaches you everything), so they'll be at least 12. Probably older. And for all our governments, Belgium's a pretty open country to be honest. Well, open in the sense where we do not put a lot of restrictions on people.
The land of the free! Wait...
May 02, 2014
im from Slovenia, Europe and we have 9 years of primay school plus 4 years of high school and then Uni. But we start having different teachers for every subject in year 5 of primary school, when a child is about ten yrs old.
And about qliques and weird things like mean popular students - we dont have that kind of great separation between students. Yes, geeks exist, so do kids who are consifered more popular then others, but there is almost no conflict between these ppl to speak off.
Thats a different culture mentality for you.

And I like that that the school system is free, even Universities, unlike the US ones..

Just wanted to say that, im not here to critisize Game of Thrones, because im a fan.
Mar 25, 2014
Facing the darkness gives children a far better set of tools to go off and fight it themselves when they grow up. Sadly, we do not yet live in a world where they don't need those tools, hopefully some day we'll make one, but until then, keeping children sheltered from it only leaves them unprepared for real life when they eventually have to face it.
Mar 25, 2014
Kids can only deal with dark stuff in drops, and Game of Thrones isn't talking about dark but the cold hard reality of life.

It's one thing to tell children that men get beheaded and another, entirely different thing to show them why honorable men don't make it in politics and how their actual leaders got to a position of power.

Sometimes its easier for adults to face that reality through fantasy lenses as well.
Mar 25, 2014
Children are not the delicate flowers you seem to imagine them to be. Kids love the dark and twisted stories. I'm not suggesting 5 yr olds should watch GoT, but at 10-12 most of them would not have a problem watching it.
Mar 25, 2014
Kids aren't delicate flowers, but 10-12 year old can't handle a twisted striy without the reward system:
  • They can handle Sansa, but only if you assure them she'll be Prom Queen.
  • They can handle the Lannisters, but only if you assure them they will lose the war.
  • They can handle Ned Starks but only if they never known such a thing as The Red Wedding.
  • and so on.
Children can handle when their parents's can't afford a smarthphone, but only if they don't know much debt their parents are in, which one of them may or may not lose their job and/or how many payments are due by the end of the moth.

Its the same with Game of Thrones, they can handle the fact they aren't ready to watch it yet as long as they don't have to watch the reasons why they aren't ready just yet. All kids crave the most the things they can't do, that doesn't mean they are actually ready for them.
Mar 25, 2014
Yeah... it's not like we (even though I don't know your age range) watched all sunshine and rainbows growing up. Kids can deal with stuff.
Mar 25, 2014
As long as you give them a happy ending, sure. But, like Ramsay said, if you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention.
Mar 26, 2014
you have a point. we don't want the kids of the world to run around being Joffreys.
Mar 25, 2014
Not that i'm against an open minded discussion between the two sides but who exactly are the creationists involved? It's not Kirk Cameron is it? Oh God, no it is isn't it? I really have no idea (and don't really care) but yeah it seems like something he would do.

Mar 25, 2014
I think the whole world should be offended by Alice in Arabia because it's such a horrible idea in general.

I watched the first episode of Cosmos, but I stopped because of the horrible animation for history lessons and the cheesy way they had Neil deGrasse Tyson sitting in a fake ship looking out like he's some kind of tour guide. that was incredibly corny.. I also didn't much care for his voice but that's just me.
Mar 25, 2014
i love Cosmos. it is a bit weird at times, but i love all the info.
Mar 25, 2014
Alfred Molina's really fallen far. From SM2 and Da Vinci Code to L&O to the microscopic El Rey? It's like Bram and Alice all over again.

Mar 25, 2014
Brandt should stick to the premium channel route. The Club sounds like a bad idea. How about a role on an HBO show after Masters?

Mar 25, 2014
So in other words, he's the Adam Schiff of CSI...
Mar 25, 2014
I've seen James Rebhorn in so many movies and TV shows over the past 15 years, and I've never once disliked his acting. Truly great stuff without ever being the star. He'll be missed.
Mar 25, 2014
What a lovely obituary! I didn't know James Rebhorn's name, but I certainly knew his face
Mar 25, 2014
Brass is one of the most underused, but well rounded characters on the show. I'm surprised he's still on the show. Then again, I never expected CSI to still be around. I wish Paul Guilfoyle all the best.