News Briefs: Do You Want a Vampire Diaries Spin-off?

SPIN-OFF NEWS

... I hope you are sitting down for this, Price. The CW is planning a potential spin-off of The Vampire Diaries centered on fan-favorite bad dude Klaus and the Originals. It would kick off with a backdoor pilot (an episode embedded in TVD's normal season) on April 25 and reunite Klaus with his protégé Marcel and Phoebe Tonkin's Hayley. TVD showrunner Julie Plec will write the episode and produce. [THR]

BUSINESS TIME

... No one asked for it, but Howie Mandel has a new show anyway. The Deal or No Deal host will move over to TBS and emcee Deal With It, a hidden-camera prank show in which participants are asked to play a joke on their friends with no preparation. WOW THIS SOUNDS GREAT THANK YOU GODS OF TELEVISION FOR YOUR FRUITFUL BOUNTY OF ENRICHING ENTERTAINMENT. [The Wrap]

... Jim Gaffigan's comedy project at CBS has moved on to the next stage. CBS has ordered a pilot of the single-camera (single-cam at CBS whaaaat?) sitcom about a dad with five kids. [TV Guide]

... The Big Bang Theory will destroy you all! CBS's megahit got a little more mega last night, setting a new series-high record for viewers and its ratings with 19.8 million viewers and a 6.3 rating. [EW]

... CBS is airing a special episode of Hawaii Five-0 after the AFC Championship Game of Football Players on Sunday, January 20. I don't know about you, but when I think football and Hawaii Five-0, I also think about Jimi Hendrix, so the episode will feature seven never-before-released songs from the late guitar god. This makes total sense to someone somewhere. [TV Guide]

... Do you like Smash? Do you have internet or do you do a lot of flying? Then you can watch the Season 2 premiere of Smash early! American Airlines will be showing the premiere in-flight starting next week, but for those of us with aerophobia, the premiere will also be available on Hulu, NBC.com, iTunes, Amazon, Xbox Marketplace, and on demand. But you may as well just fly to make sure you see it. Or I have a copy on DVD that I'm using as a coaster if you want to borrow it. [Associated Press]

CASTING NEWS

... Law & Order: SVU is putting its head in the lion's mouth and casting Mike Tyson. The earivore will play a death row murderer whose actions may be attributable to a sucky childhood. [Deadline Hollywood]

... Bridesmaids' Wendi McLendon-Covey will star in ABC's untitled comedy from Adam Goldberg. The show is a family comedy set in the 1980s, and McLendon-Covey will play the mom. [Deadline Hollywood]

Follow TV.com writer Tim Surette on Twitter: @TimAtTVDotCom

they should do a spin off of what the originals are up to now like elijah and the others
i like so much women for stile
no god no, the plot about the originals has been stretched out like chewing gum as it is...i doubt they can come up with anything new or fresh about them, the character of the antihero klaus is very one dimensional and it seems everything repeats all the time with him..so I will not watch it
OHMYGOD. Yes, please.
Do You Want a Vampire Diaries Spin-off? No. Haven't we suffered enough?
Klaus is the best part of the show, its about time he grew out of those wimpy teenagers of Mystic Falls.
I don't know why everybody hates Hayley. Is it because she snapped Caroline's neck?
Anyways, it's time for Klaus to leave Mystic Falls because who else hasn't grown tired of his repetitiveness? He continuously finds something to be angry about and puts forth a plan which usually gets undermined by one of or both of the Salvatore brothers or someone or something and then it happens again. And again. It's become a bit formulaic on the writers part, no? So, I am on board with a TVD spin off. I will tune in.
Wait, also, when is Bonnie going to get a spin-off? And why do they show her in previews of episodes like she's going to be doing amazing things? I have yet, but I still ship Bonnie.
That's beside the point. But people still think a Klaroline will happen? There's still a chance with the spin-off, I'm pretty sure characters from TVD will recur or guest star.
Love Klaus and I think it's a great idea! One can never have too many bad er good guys. :P
I hate saying this, but I would watch any VD spinoff as long as Phoebe Tonkin's Hayley isn't in the picture. I cannot stand Hayley as a character. It would definitely be a tough sell.
I'd love an originals spin-off, and all the possibilities. But I do think VD would suffer if they lose them as the other characters just aren't as interesting as the originals. It'd be nice to see them over the centuries with pop ups of things they've over come and their interactions with other supernaturals. The Originals are darker, and just have more to offer and have more stories to tell. I'd rather watch a series on the originals with VD main characters popping in than how it is now honestly, since i've grown really bored with the love triangle, and find most of the characters boring...
I'm so tired of Klaus. He has nothing to do, he is too powerful and cannot be killed, enough enough enough. I don't mind a spin off as long as they do away with this tired plot all together. Only the fan girls would watch an only Klaus show.
this is why he needs his own show. it's pointless to have him still on VD with half the character still trying to find a way to get rid of him. put on as a main character on his own show where we can just have the adventures of klaus.
Honestly, on one hand I don't know if they'll be able to pull this off with the spinoff. They can be tricky, and what kind of plot are we talking about here? On the other hand Joseph Morgan is too damn good and too damn charismatic to NOT be onscreen somewhere. Klaus is a great character. He's a surprisingly endearing character, as are most of the Original siblings ( ELIJAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!) They've already gone beyond what they probably planned with him lasting on TVD this long, because technically there is no real reason for him to still be around. Plus the cast is overpopulated as is, and characters like Klaus, Elijah, and Rebekah are dangerously close to being more interesting to watch than the leads. I'm just sayn. So if he can't be on TVD and they can't continue writing around him in that capacity, than I'm all for a spinoff as long as it's good.
Can we just have a "Damon and Klaus Badass Crime Fighting Duo (plus Elijah)" show?
Who do we have to bribe +/or compell around here to take over this thing?
This is why you're so awesome chica!! Yes. We need that. That's my kinda show right there. This needs to happen. I'm all prepared to nosebleed all over the floor and flicker candles with my mind to get this in the works, dammit. And when that fails, which...duh!, then compulsion it is! And none of that halfass "oops! I didn't know you were wearing a vervain friendship bracelet that my ex found on the ground. " kinda compulsion either!
Lmao! Love what both of you are saying!
I'm still sceptical about this. A year ago I could start a petition to get the Originals their own show, but now I'm not quite as excited. The Originals have been so integrated in TVD by now that the show will suffer from their departure. Their absense will leave a huge hole, and how is this going to be covered? By adding focus to other remaining characters like Matt or April? I don't think this would work for me.

Not to mention that a big part of the Originals' appeal was their interactions with the rest of the TVD cast: Damon, Stefan, Caroline, Elena and others. I'm going to miss this very much.
When the originals leave the show,I think the writers going to focus developing the other characters storyline because lets face it,since originals came,lots of screentime has been taken from the "original" characters like tyler and jeremy (they get shipped off last season) which is pretty sad. and the writing for important character like bonnie also got mess up because the writers has been focusing more on the originals and triangle drama.

You know we can't keep them for another season right? they still a threat for the other characters.
The thing is...I never cared about Matt, Jeremy or Tyler, even before the Originals showed up. That's why the shift in focus from the Originlas to these characters won't work for me.

I guess that's a matter of personal preference.
I agree. I never attached to those characters like I did with the originals. But their fans were complaining about the favoritism of the writers of certain character like the originals and caroline while their favorite got treated like shit. So I guess this is the best option writers can come up with
They only killed Alaric because Davis couldn't be filming his new show in Canada and be in Atlanta for TVD at the same time. And they didn't bring in just April, but also Shane. One person left, two came. Not to mention all the recurring characters who have been introduced these past two years.

Basically, I agree with what you're saying, I just don't think Julie Plec sees it that way. Even if all the Originals leave, be prepared for a dozen new characters to take their place.
hm.. I disagree because they already killed alaric last season and now they replacing his spot by introducing april young. They can't keep the originals in the show anymore because they still a threat right now and the writers need to move on with the new villain (silas). If they keep the originals around for example klaus.it will be a huge slap to his character because basically he doesn't have any strong storyline right now,so if he keep threatening people (the characters) but not killing them,doesn't make him a joke? joseph already said he rather klaus get killed off than make him hanging in the grills with bunch of teenagers.
I don't think the spin off is Julie Plec's way of dealing with Mystic Falls' overpopulation. There have been complaints about the huge cast for a couple of seasons, but instead, every year, Julie introduces a dozen new characters while killing almoot none of the old ones. So she obviously doesn't see a problem.

And from what is being written in the press so far, the spin off wasn't even her idea. The CW president said that he came up with this himself and he pushed Julie to do it.
that is not true. the spin off could concentrate on the past, so you can keep the Originals in the TVD!!
How would it concentrate on the past AND feature Hayley?
I'm confused.
well first we need to know the origin of Hayley, she is not a Hybrid, when Tyler left Mystic Falls he met Hayley, for all we know her path crossed Klaus at some point in the past!!
I would Love to see if it works but why Hayley I don't like her character at all!
Someone has to supply the sass.
Though I'm interested in the series, I think it's a horrible idea. The Originals are some of the most fascinating characters on TVD (okay, let's be honest, Klaus and Rebekah) and taking them away... I'm afraid... might damage TVD in the name of creating a show that... I'm afraid... will end up getting canceled. It just kind of seems like a show only TVD fans would give a chance, and I'm not sure that The Originals have the power to anchor their own series. Kind of makes me nervous for TVD's future successful endeavors...
That's what I fear too. The spin off isn't destined for success, and TVD's ratings will probably get hurt too. Bad move, really.
yeah I worried bout that possibility too. Actually I want it to be aired on HBO so it can be made in adult way with a lot of budget for any supernatural side effect
"Deal With It, a hidden-camera prank show in which participants are asked to play a joke on their friends with no preparation" Rip off of a show currently on BBC Three, and it is terrible.
A spin-off based on Klaus and with Phoebe Tonkin would be better than TVD, so for their sake its probably not a good idea!
A spin off on Klaus is not a bad idea but a TVD without Klaus -- they'd better just shut it down!!
I'm in love with TVD and in love with the Originals but I think their storylines during season 3 weren't quite satisfying and the characters were under-explored. I don't think the spin-off is a good idea cause it'll be hard to make them interesting aside from the Salvatore brothers and the whole doppelganger thing with Elena. Hope they won't go through with it, it would be such a waste!
I would rather have Klaus take over as the main character of TVD! now THAT would be way better.
I like The Vampire Diaries, but the show has so many storylines as it is.. why make a spinoff and probably double the storylines? The Originals are interesting but I don't think they're interesting enough to warrant a whole show, just think of all those flashbacks! Oh CW, you should've just kept The Secret Circle....
I would love an Originals spin-off, I think they are the best part of TVD, as long as Rebekah is in the show as well. They don't really need Hayley as much as I love Phoebe Tonkin I never really liked her character. I would realllllly miss the Klaus/Caroline interactions though =(
you know what I Love watching clause on TVD he gave the show more interesting and awesomeness
Then this would probably mean no Rebecca on TVD. I just love her, she does evil so well.
Klaus was the reason I quit watching Vampire Diaries in the first place. Why would I watch a show that centers around him?
Blasphemy!
Yeah! What you said!
I would love a spin off, if that means we don't have to watch Klaus anymore on TVD.
Not really but bring back The Secret Circle. That would be AWESOME!!!!!
THE SECRET CIRCLE IS SUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!
not sure suck is a bad thing when talking about witches, demons and vampires...
YOU IS SUCK.
Klaus + Caroline = ugh
Klaus + Hayley = supermassive ugh

Why do they keep coming up with these random connections for him? Why isn't Hayley getting killed off after her gross disloyalty? I feel like this is a trap. That I'll end up watching 2 crap shows instead of 1.

i don't understand the logic though, are they aware that no one gives a rat's ass about the "triangle"? do they know that people (like me) only watch this to see Klaus?
Yes yes yes!! I love Klaus. His acting is brilliant. Honestly I'm getting tired of the TVD love triangle.

Phoebe Tonkin is an added bonus.
I thought the Vampire Diaries was a spin off of Twilight
The first episodes reminded me of Twilight but the show is based (vaguely) on the book series by L.J.Smith .I would recommend the 1st season and the second season..S3 started quite well but in the 2nd half the show turned into a soap opera And be prepared for a horrible American History lesson in 3x08.If you decide to watch the show and you find the 2nd season thrilling,you should know that s3 is nothing like that.
No, it is absolutely not! It is 1000000x better the vampires in are so much more awesome. The vampires are actual vampires complete with killing and drink folks blood and burring in the sun...I know that sounds bad but its really good. The villains are the best characters, the lame characters tend to get killed off in sweet ways.... WATCH IT. Now, like right now. You will get so addicted, and after you watch read price's recaps they are hilarious.
To be fair, that's what I thought VD was too at first, but then I watched the 1st couple episodes just to justify my hatred.
Turned out I was wrong. That day I learned that not all teenybopper vampires are created equal.
The VD books were written way before Twilight but I'm sure Twilight gave it a boost to turn it into a TV show.
For the Love of Genuine Entertainment and Watchable TV Shows, NO. Let it die,pass away, go to the lower plane where all bad shows go to TV Limbo and are never ever heard of again.No more vampires, especially vampires who have nothing to do with the real fiends so lovingly portrayed by Stephen King.
I don't love the idea of the spinoff, but I'd be ok with it as long as there are some cross-overs. I like the originals being in Mystic Falls with the rest of the cast. I still want Klaus and Caroline to hook it up, and maybe Rebecca and Matt? And I love Klaus with his boyfriend, Stefan. I think they still have too much to do on the main show, and the spin-off shouldn't begin as early as April 25th. But. . .

If they do it, I want all of the the originals to appear from time to time, especially Elijah and Rebecca, obviously, and lots of (or only) flashbacks! Ok, now I'm starting to convince myself I DO like the idea. . . I did love Angel. . .
I'm torn, too! Would love a show focused solely on my precious angel baby Klaus, but I love him and Caroline together and have concerns about what this means for the future of Klaroline. Plus TVD would lose all the amazing scenes with Klaus badassery like his Christmas hybrid-killing rampage.

In an ideal world, Klaus would continue on both TVD AND an Originals spin-off (have the spin-off be about stuff from before Elena was born), and Caroline would finally come to her senses, dump the meathead, and go see what Klaus has to offer...
They may do cross-overs, but he definitely won't be a main character on TVD anymore, and I'm sure they'll keep Caroline where she is. But maybe they can still make the romance happen with cross-overs? I mean, it doesn't have to progress every episode. . . I do want to see some more flashbacks! Ack! Guess we'll have to let those who decide these things decide, and then we'll probably watch whatever they give us. :)
Personally, I'd have preferred Bonnie to have moved over to The Secret Circle & tie both shows together through her, but since that pipe dream is dead now, I can at least give Klaus & Co. the benefit of the doubt. After all, when a show gets spun off, you can't tell which side of suck it'll land on until it...uh, well...until it lands.
I'm not willing to say I'd give "The Originals" a chance. I think the reason they are interesting on TVD is because they add layers to the already existing storyline and complicate the intentions and reactions of the "main characters." I like slowly finding out about their lives within the context of tvd because it adds certain elements of suspense, and let's face it this season is still looking for it's fun suspenseful storyline.

But I agree with you I kinda want a Bonnie spin-off, that just happens to have the cast of The Secret Circle and is in Chance Harbor (maybe when she goes to college) haha, or maybe just a witch spin-off with Silas, Bonnie and TSC, idk I just really wanna see a cool witch show and I don't think there is a lot of space given to witches on TVD (you know other than deus ex machina)
How about having him on both shows? Modern day in VD and when he first turned era on the new show. This way everyone wins lol
ok....but then how does phoebe Tonkin fit in there? her character is not exactly immortal
very close to immortal, every time a werewolf turns, they are regenerating their cells!
ok I'm willing to buy that explanation but why is she around in "beginning of time" generation?
I read somewhere she might or might not be on the originals. It's not certain yet. But I'm not a big fan of the character so it wouldn't bother me anyway lol
all the article states is their will be a backdoor pilot reuniting Klaus friend Marcel and Hayley how far in the past that is we have no Idea or Tim got his info wrong and Phoebe will play a different character who knows!!
A million times this!
I wish VD brought Faye in as a witch enemy of Bonnie from the beginning. Actually i wish they wouldve just brought the whole cast of secret circle back and made the Bonnie story a lot more interesting, and by actually ending the secret circle story lines. It could've worked lol. Oh well. That would've been more awesome i think lol
that is a damn good idea!!!
Haha if only we can go back now! :)

Yes, because I would watch anything Klaus or VD related. And ONLY Am I ok with this if he is allowed back if this does get cancelled!
Interesting choice, having Mike Tyson appear on SVU, him being a convicted rapist and all. However, I trust show runner Warren Leight and his team.
NO I WOULD NOT WANT THAT @ ALL!....*heart palpitations, burst out inhaler with no discernible positive effects*
a Klaus spinoff would definitely be way more awesome than VD HEAR ME OUT before you comment back...anyone here know Angel? The Buffy spinoff? When Buffy started to go downhill Angel became amazing. It was darker and edgier, it was just overall a lot more interesting that what Buffy had become. A Klaus spinoff could be just like dat! A shaky start, with potential awesomeness under it
Yes, I totally loved Angel...except season 4, not quite so much. That didn't stop me from watching though.
The story in Buffy became darker in season 5/6 - the story in Angel was dark from beginning.

And I agree - season 7 of Buffy was the weakest one - season 5 of Angel was masterpiece ("Serve no one, but your own ambition" anyone?). Such a shame the WB pulled the plug on it.

I hope The Orginals will be at least half as good as Angel was.
My friend, you speak with words of deep wisdom. Gratitude.

It could be like Angel... Let's just work with that idea and look forward to it. If it's good, I won't have to watch TVD anymore...
SACRILIDGE!!!!! Buffy NEVER went downhill as far as I'm concerned! :-)
Well, it was always pretty great, but it definitely waivered...still loved it though!
Since no one asked (lol), here are my feels about Buffy.
The first season was horrendous. Atrocious. So bad.
The second season was still pretty bad until the very end. The season finale: tears every time.
The third season was when it really became GREAT and had its first AWESOME season from premiere to finale.
The fourth season felt a little off. I didn't like the robot storyline. Ugh, Adam. lol. It worked, though. I loved Spike becoming a more central character because I love me some Spike.
The fifth season was THE BEST. So incredible. I can't even... Glory was a sensational villain, the story was so inventive (like, seriously, it was SO original), and the finale rocked.
The sixth season was a little more "meh" for me. I wasn't a HUGE fan of the "Dark Willow" story and The Trio... Ugh, the Trio. lol. I also think that Tara's death was completely unnecessary, but that's probably just because, like I said earlier, I wasn't a huge "Dark Willow" fan. After all, Tara's death is what caused her to pretty much go there.
I LOVED the final season. I thought season seven was just as big and explosive and dark and insane as the final season of such a series needed to be. And the finale... though my girl Anya was sliced in half (RIP babygurrl)... was one of the most beautiful hours of TV I've ever seen.
More +
I kind of think the opposite of some of what you say, ok I was born and raised in NY and when I was a freshman in high school back in 97 my folks and I moved to Florida for one year. During that year I had no friends so I didn't do much, than one night I see on tv guide Buffy thinking it's the movie, but it was the pilot. I initially thought they made a series out this it's gonna be stupid. But to my surprise it was darker, different, and Buffy Willow and Xander were my age and considered outcasts so I identified, Plus I had never seen a show with a season long villain story arc so I still figured it wouldn't last more than one or two seasons of it was the Master yelling noooooo foiled again! Than season 2 did something I also had never seen before, make a regukar character evil, so to me season 2 is the best. You are right though that season 3 with the intro of Faith and her turn to darkness and The Mayor was brilliant. That year they aired part one of the two part season finale with the first showdown which was epic, but they delayed part 2 until summer, but the first time I sa that final "Now!" from Buffy and the battle I got chills and I think it's the best finale. I do agree with you about season 4, loved that they brought back Spike and Anya becoming a regular, didn't really get Tara at first but I grew to love her, Riley went from being ok new love interest, became more interesting when we found out he was a soldier/monster hunter, Than there was the classic episode "Hush"which amongst other things had that moment when Riley Buffy turn to face eachother and finally see who they are was my favorite moment, than he went back to being bitchy for a bit, but cool by the end. The whole Initiative thing with Walsh was ok, Adam while not the best villain I liked that he was a departure of sorts from the regular supernatural foes and big bads being more like a sci fi villain, and the joining spell in the final fight, also loved Spike's playing both sides and his Yoko Factor. Some people didn't like the dream finale but I felt that it was inspired by Twin Peaks's famous red room dream sequences, plus while none of us knew this forshadowing on first viewing in Buffy's dream when Tara speaks for the first she says "You better get back before Dawn comes" Than season 5 when at first it seemed like dawn was there the whole time there was a WTF moment big time, but than the episode with Buffy finding out the truth and the intro of Glory and the Key story and what followed made season 5 epic! S6 I thought was good for the first few episodes, a few in the middle, and the last 4 or 5 on first viewing, I found the trio and Buffy working at a fast food place stupid all on first viewing. Since than I have rewattched it and realized what Joss Whedon intended, that life was the big bad. Than season 7 was the also epic payoff for all the fans, I mean that final scene in the season premiere with all the big bads from every season taunting Spike was mindblowing. I don't think anybody expected that the thing taunting Angel in the one Christmas episode in season 3 would not only be the final bigg bad, but was also able to enact it's plan cuz of the magic used to bring Buffy back to life. Sarah Michelle Gellar also did a fantastic job playing both herself and The First, and let's not forget the awesome Nathan Fillion as the oh so very evil preacher Caleb alongg with uber vamps. I liked that they brought Faith back for the last five and Angel's cameo all leading to the intense final battle. Ok sorry for writing so much, I am writer and it's what I do
More +
I gave you thumbs up b/c of "Since no one asked (lol), here are my feels about Buffy." Hahaha, and because of your staunch support of season 7. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first two seasons of Buffy. Embrace campy! *Buffy drops her bag, Xander bends to help her pick up her things. "Here's your. . . stake." "Yeah, it's for self-defense. Everyone has them in L.A. Pepper spray is just so passe."* Hahaha. And Dark Willow? Awesome! Poor Tara, though.
Weeeeell...I didn't mean "downhill" downhill or anything, it just got a bit..too much, ya know? I have no prob with season 6 at all! It's only that, as much as I love it when shows go darker and edgier, Buffy just became inconsistent and dark for the SAKE being dark. Now...season seven was just awful. I won't even sugarcoat it. Just...awful.

But I seriously think that the VD creators know about the angel-buffy thing. I think that's what they're trying to achieve. Once they get WAY too tired of VD (it's starting to show) they'll move on completely to a Klaus spinoff.
Season 7 was a little annoying, thanks to the potentials and the strange inconsistency with everyone all-of-a-sudden trusting Faith more than Buffy. . .but there were several great episodes interspersed in there, and Caleb and The First were awesome villains. Also, I loved the way they wrapped it up, with all of the potentials becoming slayers. "One girl in all the world" no longer, and Buffy gets to relax a bit for once. In order to end it that way, they had to introduce the potentials. . . but it would have been nice if they could have done it in a less annoying way. . .
I agree with you, Ankh49! AND I love Angel, though I did think Angel went downhill at some points, most notably with how they handled Cordelia toward the end. . .
Wow I really am starting to think I'm the only one who thinks that season 4 of Angel was the best. I loved how they changed it into a serialized soap opera like format and how the whole season story arc was darker than all the other seasons and every season of Buffy, but that's me I love when a show gets darker.
Uh, have you seen season 6?
season 6 of Buffy may have been bad, but season 4 of Angel was the worst ever.
Ugh!!! Season 4 of Angel was awful Connor was so annoying along with Cordy I cant tell how many times I wished death upon them.
Unfortunately for Angel, the writers completely lost the plot the day they made Darla pregnant and then didn't have a freaking clue what to do with that storyline. And then to make matters worse, they turned Cordy evil and gave us Jasmine *vomit!*
TVD SPINOFF KLAUS I LOVE YOU OHMIGOSH-- *heart stops*
Forget it! I would rather have a True Blood spin-off.
Depends. Does it have the other Originals as well?
And what about flashbacks?? What about the wigs and the flashbacks and oh yea, Caroline?
The WIGS!
If there's no Caroline, I'll die.
thank you CW, we can’t get enough of Klaus, this is the best news so far this year.
idk I think the CW has a way of over-saturating the "market" with things that they think viewers would like and end up taking away from the awesomeness of the original product
I am jizzing in my pants a little when thinking about a tvd spin-off. It can't possibly be as good as the original series is right now tho, right?
Also would that probably means Klaus will leave tvd right? So do they kill him off, if there is not gonna be a spin off?
Still. Diaries times 2 is way better that Diaries times 1. Even if it is only a 1.3 or something.
I think the originals can just come and leave Mystic Falls as they please; so they wouldn't necessarily have to kill Klaus off, just make him leave town to make space for new big bad, and bring him back if they need tension of the original variety (or a mass murderer whichever)
People who don't like the idea of the show because they like Klaus and Caroline, open your eyes please! This is BIGGER than just a ship. Joseph Morgan deserves such a spotlight and I feel there's bigger possibilities with new characters being introduced etc. Please don't ruin the chance just because of one single ship.
Besides, they can always start shipping Hayley & Klaus instead.
I think Klaus and Hayley (congrats Phoebe Tonkin - your character is not going to be killed and you're finally going to have a leading role - you earned it, girl ) will be a perfect couple and I can't wait to see their advantures. French Quarter sounds like a very nice setting for the spinoff.
I have to say I'm happy Caroline stays in TVD and won't be exchanging bodily fluids with Klaus. That would be just wrong after all that happened lately.
Two shows are always better then one!
See, told you so. Big Bang Theory doesn't need to be promoted more. It's pretty much unstoppable. Person of Interest on the other hand deserves a lot more attention, especially after delivering such a spectacular episode like that last one.
RIGHT!!!! I think I've watched that episode 4 times already. It had everything I wanted Bear, Elias, Finch with a gun, Fusco being beaten up by a model, Jim Caviezel reminding me that he is a freaking great actor, just so much GOOD! I saw that end coming but every second of that episode was so entertaining with just the right amount of tension, comedy and dilemma. I didn't really like Big Bang's last episode as a whole, but it had some great parts like the girls reading comic books and arguing about it haha
Klaus spin-off has the potential to be better than TVD
I really can't disagree. I totally find Klaus, Bex (thanks 4 that one Montana_K via Penleope, I like it), and Elijah the most interesting things on TVD.
I love Joseph Morgan&Klaus, but I'm rooting against this show because:
1. I'm a Klaroline shipper;
2. Klaus is pretty much the only reason I still watch TVD, because I don't care about any of the other characters (except Caroline);
3. I hate the location, I don't like anything regarding New Orleans;
4. Phoebe Tonkin is just awful and as much as I love Klaus, he can't compensate for this abomination!
The only way I would be interested in this show, is that Candice Accola will join, this way might even try to ignore the horror of PT!
Totally agree. I ADORE Klaus but yeah, he's pretty much the only reason I still watch TVD. Now that I know he might be on his own show, it means Klaroline ain't happening, and that just about removes 99% of my interest in watching TVD. (The other 1% interest is in hoping for terrible things to happen to Elena, who annoys me to no end.)

And Phoebe Tonkin is a horrendous actress, and juxtaposing her with Joseph Morgan -- a talented dude -- will just emphasize how bad her "acting" really is.

Can't they have Klaus on TVD AND an Originals show? Maybe one that focuses on the 999 years between when they became vampires and when they got hooked up with the Mystic Falls gang? I'd bet things a lot more interesting than the Elena/Salvarote love triangle happened during that period.

If they keep klaus and make him become a part timer in mystic grills and keep pining over caroline all the time,me and joseph morgan will have to kill ourselves because that will downgrading his awesomeness+badass character into toothless puppy. Joseph had said it in the past that he rather klaus get killed off than let him hanging out with mystic fall gang
OMG! i think I found my TV soul mate, because I too absolutely hate Elena! She is the worst thing on TVD right now!
Yeah I think most ppl. cannot suffer Elena in any of her monster or annoying human forms. She's just....why?
seriously girl? Do you expect klaus will continue to live for another season in tvd? he will be killed off at the end of this season!! so if you love him,watch the new show because if it cancel, klaus won't return to tvd either. and klaroline won't happen either.
This comment has been removed.
If Phoebe Tonkin is going to be a part of the spin-off Klaus probably won't die this season (unless she's joining the show as a completely new character, or if she's more than just a simple werewolf).
Klaus is one of the absolute favorites form TVD! He has tons of fans, plus the producers love him! I'm pretty sure he is beyond safe on TVD! And if he gets killed, I'm not watching anymore! So there!
You have to open your eyes because for sure,they will get rid of klaus this season.Why I say this:
1) klaus pretty much a villain/threat right now to the gang. He just killed tyler mom last episode. They can't keep him anymore even if he's the fan favorite
2) klaus don't has any strong storyline right now except the hybrid thing which is repetitive
3) joseph morgan talent is more than good.he need to have his own show
4) A huge slap to his character since all he did in mystic fall is threatening without actually killing because main character can't be killed
Load More Comments