Once Upon a Time Fantasy Casting: Which Disney Characters Do You Want to See on the Show, and Who Should Play Them?

With several new characters slated to appear on Once Upon a Time in the next few weeks, and knowing that the show has the entire catalog of Disney properties at its fingertips, it's almost impossible not to speculate about which beloved characters will pop up next. What horrible modern ruts will they be stuck in, how will their happy endings have been destroyed, and, most importantly, who will play them? Here are some suggestions; ABC casting directors, feel free to take notes.

Ariel from The Little Mermaid

STORYLINE: If Ariel has had her happy ending reversed, as Cinderella did in "The Price of Gold," then she probably doesn't have her voice anymore. And since Maine is one of the few places in New England where people actually surf, I'd love to see Ariel on a longboard as a surfin' mute in a wetsuit, lifeguarding the rocky Maine coast, possibly saving Henry from a riptide in an upcoming episode.
CASTING: Teen Wolf actress Holland Roden would be an amazing Ariel. It's not just the red hair; Holland's got an expressive face, which is important when you're playing a sulky mute. Also, tell me Ian Somerhalder isn't a perfect face match for Prince Eric. You can't, 'cause he is, case closed, roll film.

Aurora from Sleeping Beauty

STORYLINE: Who better to help "John Doe" recover his memory than a sleep regression therapist? Sleeping Beauty could guide him while he lay slumbering in a trance-like state until he remembers his fairytale past.
CASTING: Now that Lizzy Kaplan has dyed her hair blonde, she actually bears a striking resemblance to cartoon Aurora. Plus she's hot like tamales and smart like Einstein. Put her on my screen!

Peter Pan and Tinkerbell from Peter Pan

STORYLINE: I see Storybrooke's Peter Pan as the head of some troubled boys' gang, repeating his sophomore year of high school for the second time, sneaking in through his girlfriend's bedroom window, and constantly manipulating his hook-handed foster dad. Tinkerbell? His frustrated but loving case worker.
CASTING: You mean besides this guy? Sterling Knight seems like an obvious choice for Peter Pan. And there's a reason Kristen Bell and Tinkerbell have the same last name. That's right, I'm calling it out: You're a fairy, Kristen! Wear it loud, wear it proud. Come out of the elf closet and start openly drinking from your acorn cups and fluttering past the rush-hour traffic.

Alice from Alice in Wonderland

STORYLINE: Alice in Wonderland is about drugs, right? Come on, let's be real. Tell the kids to go into the other room for a few minutes. Mushrooms, hookahs? We know what's up. I see the modern Alice as a girl locked up in an insane asylum/rehab facility by Regina after kind of losing her mind due to heavy drug use.
CASTING: My first pick is Juno Temple, as she certainly is familiar with playing the wrongfully institutionalized after her turn in getting roped into attending the premiere of the atrocious Sucker Punch. Also, real British accent: HOLLA! But if she's too busy being in the next Batman movie, then Taylor Momsen, because: look at her. She probably has an entire yearbook full of ex-boyfriends carved into those arms.

Princess Tiana from The Princess and the Frog

STORYLINE: They could just pick up the storyline from Disney's The Princess and the Frog, but minus Prince Naveen. Tiana is running her restaurant in Maine, and has taken out a small business loan from Rumpelstiltskin, putting her under his power.
CASTING: If you love America's Next Top Model like I do, then you were absolutely floored to see one-time contestant Yaya Dacosta in The Kids are Alright. Much like Tiana, her face is pretty much perfect and she's gotten to where she is through sheer hustle. I want to see her on her way to becoming America's Next Top Fairytale Character.

Tarzan from Tarzan

CASTING: Taylor Kitsch should make regular appearances as Tarzan. Right, ladies? Tarzan isn't a fairytale, per se, but I see no reason why that should prevent the titular character from appearing as a feral man who runs through the streets naked occasionally. Frequently. Constantly.

Rapunzel from Tangled

STORYLINE: I see her as a very sheltered, home-schooled girl whose mom is basically in a cult and makes her wear long prairie dresses and French-braided hair... until Emma intervenes, gets her a real job alongside Red Riding Hood, and her new goth friend Red shaves her hair off like an Empire Records bestie.
CASTING: Blake Lively could get a day off and film this, right? They could use a head double for the shaving scene.

Aladdin and the Genie from Aladdin

STORYLINE: So, to shamelessly build on my own fan fiction, let's say Aladdin is a member of Peter Pan's gang who's gone rogue and gotten into more and more serious thievery. The Genie could be played by a giant, blue, cloudy CGI figure in the fairytale storyline, but the real-world character would probably fit in best as a club promoter. He'd be promising drinks, comps, candy, cuties, and anything else anyone could want to his VIPs, all the while paying huge kickbacks to Rumpelstiltskin.
CASTING: Ricky Ullman would make a stunning young Aladdin. With his lopsided grin, he'd come off like a kindhearted scamp even while prying the radio out of your car. The Genie is harder—I wouldn't want to see some sad Robin Williams impersonator, but we would need someone who is truly hilarious and brings that special energy to the character. For my money, the most energetic comic personality of our day is Katt Williams. If he's busy, put a call out to Jack Black or Danny McBride.

Who did we leave out? Who would you cast differently? How would YOU want to see these characters portrayed? And who do you want to see most on Once Upon A Time?

I would love to see the Headless Horseman and Icabod Crane in the Legend of Sleepy Hollow, appear in the TV series Once Upon A Time. I tried sending my suggestion, to Adam Horowitz, but I don't know if he got it or not.
I think the chick who plays Annie on CW's 90210 would make for a great Ariel?!..

Cannot argue with Ianas eric..dead ringer
Interesting choices and people. This past episode was really good and it ventured away from the typical fairy tale creatures and beings. So if the show expands into different worlds seeing some more monsters would be cool like Dracula, Werewolf, (possibly actually bring in Dr. Whale's Frankenstein and possibly Van Helsing. Also from different worlds you could bring in the little people from Guliver's Island, throw in some Greek Gods or Hercules, some character from a futuristic space world resembling Star Wars or Star Trek (wouldn't it be interesting to see a Jedi beaten by snow and her group lol) possibly Lord of the Rings/ Narnia/ Harry Potter type characters or creatures found in those type worlds (maybe not the exact characters but characters like them). I know I'm probably getting ridiculous but this show has shown me it's willing to do anything and bring in anyone whether they from same universe or not. I'm really interested though to see what this show will do and who will make appearances. I do think we need rapunzel, aladdin, jasmine, ariel, prince eric, peter pan and tink, tarzan and jane would be cool, and alice. Also another interesting concept of a character to do based on disney characters would actually be Simba from lion king. I doubt they would do a talking lion, but who knows. Another interesting way of doing a animal character would be like they have done previously with the beast and crocodile and make Simba a man and King of his realm in like a African type setting and do his story but with real people. Would be weird, but interesting interpretation of Simba. Ok I think that's all for now lol. This show is just awesome and each episode pulls me in more and especially this season thus far.
Ian Somehalder is no. He is too busy with TVD
It all looks good except Genie wouldn't be a club promoter shmoozing and sucking up to people for business, he didn't suck up to people, he fixed problems, that's why he's going to be a fixer, you know one of those people that other people pay to make their problems go away, like magic.....poof! Except he wants to get out of that life style but he' s trapped by his past, he has no record of his existence, no credit history, no employment history, and if he ever even tried to get a ligitimate job he would probably get picked up for past crimes, I mean some one would put two and two together.
I find it interesting that no one has suggested any female performers for the role of Peter Pan, a part traditionally played by a woman.
played by a woman but the character is male, the only reason females have traditionally played him is because of his slightly flamboyant personality, and the high pitched kids voice, and come on, he plays with fairies, what self respecting straight male actor is gonna wanna play that role? But that was back in the day when being openly gay was considered tantemount to professional and social suicide, these days people in general and hollywood are far more open and accepting. I mean homosexual characters are only just beginning to be seen in mainstream entertainment and accepted by the public.
Ian Somerhalder can't play Prince Eric becasue he is Damon Salvatore on The Vampire Diaries and he needs to stay on! Although I do admit he would be a good choice. Joanna Garcia would make a good Ariel and plus I am pretty sure she is being considered for the role. Laura Vandervault (Smallville- Kara/V-Lisa) would make a good Sleeping Beauty. I actually like to see Blake Lively as Rapunzel. Plus Brenda Song for Jasmine, she would be perfect for that. I want to see Sleppy Hollow on this show.
Ian!!!!!!
Ian Somerhalder for Prince Eric is beyond perfect!!!! This list is amazing!
Love the list, Love the show, I'd like to see a Robin Hood, steals from the rich to give to the poor..
this is brilliant, i was laughing so hard while reading this XD.

but getting serious here, i honestly would NOT mind the tarzan thing myself
Amy Adams Little Mermaid

Elle Fanning Sleeping Beauty

How about Justin Bieber as Tinker Bell? That's not much of a stretch!

I remember reading somewhere that the drawing of Ariel as the Little Mermaid was inspired by Alyssa Milano, so if anyone can play Ariel it should be her.

Also, if Snow White is one of the main characters, then what happened to the Seven Dwarfs? Do they not exist in Storybrooke, USA? I can imagine how many actors are simply dying at the chance to play one of those parts, even if only for one week.

If Justin Bieber comes on this show you will lose half the audience. I personally will stop watching it for sure.
Yep it's like when they put him in NBA2K13 and I'm not even a fan of sports video games, but that's just ridiculous and also they made him as tall as the other players
The only one i know is there for certain is Grumpy...seen him a couple of times
I might be beating a dead horse here, but I feel one of the program's bigger failures is it's obligation to draw upon the Disney pantheon, rather than the original fastasy source material. Yes, I get that ABC is owned by Disney...and in our family we've always been big fans, so I don't mean to put down their versions in any way. But as we all know, Disney mythology is a far cry from the old classics that inspired them: they take a LOT of artistic license, invent new characters, rewrite the plots, etc. For instance, they managed to turn the tragic love story of "The Little Mermaid" into a happily-ever-after variation where the main character actually survives (leading to a sequel and a prequel). The point I'm trying to make is that "Once Upon a Time" is not using it's own premise to full advantage; here is an opportunity to re-imagine one of the greatest literary canons of all time, and instead they continue to fall back on the big 'D'. I would suggest they do what Marvel Comics has done over the last decade, in their line of "Ultimate" graphic novels. They took a ton of characters and premises from their traditional mythology, threw everthing else out the window, and then rebooted the whole works in a completely fresh and unique way. It's been absolutely liberating, resulting in many new stories full of familiar faces, but without any other ties to the past. And guess what...Marvel's been selling these new books like crazy, along with their older traditional titles. Disney has no reason to fear losing sales, if they were to make a product that doesn't tie-in with the rest of their stuff...it's still effective cross-merchadising of a different color.
And that's exactly why alot of Marvel fans hate their movies. We like the way Marvel originally imagined the characters. We like the way Disney gave us happy endings. This "reality" bull shit, seriously what's the point of that? I think Disney created the world he did because real life has enough bad endings, and disillusionment and sadness, and a whole host of other crappy stuff, this whole thing some people have where if life doesn't suck they have a hard time watching it. Those people are just sad. People who love Disney love it because it allows an escape from their own lives which already suck, they don't want to be reminded of how their lives suck, they want to exist for a brief time in a magical world where happy endings can happen. It's not supposed to be real, it's supposed to be fun, take a look at J. J. Abrams, his stuff isn't based on any reality I have ever heard of, but that's never been the point. His stuff is fun, your not supposed to accept it as reality, your just supposed to relax and allow your mind to run wild and escape reality for a time. It's fun!
More +
But I do agree they should go crazy and make reinvent the tales in creative ways and not be held back by any Disney versions, they seem to be taking liberty already in my opinion so that's good
Yeah but the whole tragic version of the tale wouldn't work with the happily ever after part - how can there be a curse to destroy happy ever after if there was never a happy ever after to begin with?
I love all your ideas!! I think it would be really cool if Peter pan and Aladdian were friends! I don't really know how Tarzan would work in the real world but I like the casting for him. How about John smith and poccohantis?
since we're talking about Aladdin.. and Teen Wolf was already mentioned, I'm going to go with young Tyler Posey. That unruly dark hair and lopsided smile, not to mention, he's looks ambiguously ethnic enough to make it work. Tell me you don't see it in this picture: http :// i.imgur. com/ bbqgB.jpg
Awesome post!
I wouldn't mind that they take a small story from Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan and more Pinnochio (we saw Gepetto - sorry if I misspelled... but not the "real life" boy).

Otherwise I think the show is doing great although I don't know how they will wrap things up for a potential 2nd season... The curse can only be broken in the end...
I think they should actually do whatever it takes to get Robin Williams to come on the show as the Genie...I mean think about it how high would you jump out of your seat when you see him as a human version of that big blue bastard?
So you want OUAT to turn into a shill for Disney?

Disney is not classic fairy tales. They did some animations of some but the mermaid, etc.? Seriously?

If the show went this direction, I would definitely stop watching.
As long as they don't go all mushy it's ok i guess. I like the show becuase it was a more serious adaptation on fairy tales and the characters. Lets just hope those of us that enjoy the way the show is now that it does not change it's direction as i'm sure that i'm not the only one that's enjoying the way it's being portrayed for now at least.
What's wrong with dipping into Disney folklore?

Worked amazingly great for Square-Enix's KINGDOM HEARTS video games, they are consistently the best-selling and highest quality games for pretty much any console.
actually kingdom hearts doesn't sell that well. it has a decent sized fanbase though and many famous voice actors for the characters.
Yeah sorry to say, but it's already happened... If you want the real classics, watch Grim.
Oh and don't hate on Disney, not all huge corporations are a bad thing, it's made some really great movies (not to mention the good books it publishes as well). I don't get why changing one good story into a different (but also good) story is such a bad thing. Take The Little Mermaid for example: the original fairytale is good but I liked it a lot more when Disney expanded and re-did it..
Staff
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but since ABC is owned by Disney, a lot of OUAT characters are costumed/named/taken directly from Disney movies. There was Dr. Pongo with a Dalmation last week, Jiminy Cricket's whole umbrella/wish upon a star thing, Maleficent (not the folklore name for Sleeping Beauty's witch) complete with glowing staff and horns (also a Disney invention), Cinderella looked like she walked right off a float from the electric light parade, there's a dwarf named Doc, etc...its relatively harmless cross promotion, and the writers are making the characters their own and creating wholly original takes on classic-folklore characters, like Rumpelstiltskin. So please don't let that influence your enjoyment of the show! Someone's got to pay for great writers- it might as well be Disney! & The Little Mermaid is a classic hans Christian Anderson tale- there's an old victorian sculpture of a little mermaid in Denmark staring out into the sea.
Good one about HC Andersen! Every "classic" fairytale isn't Grimm.
Bravo to these ideas! Going for the lesser known route: how about the Pied Piper (a charming coffee house musician), or the brave little tailor (could be an ally for emma)?
Can the Pied Piper lead Henry out of town for a few (several?) weeks? Have an extended arc where in addition to helping out the other residents of Storybrooke, they have to find clues to where Pied has hidden Henry? And during that time, the adults can learn how to function without him being 2 steps behind them all the time...

It's frustrating because that kid just ruins the show for me. The first couple of weeks it wasn't so bad because he was there to fill Emma (and us) in on what the deal is, but Emma's convinced enough now that what he's saying is true that she should be able to brush up on various fairy tales so she doesn't need her little Henrypedia around all the time, and Mary Margaret is a children's teacher, so she should know the stories fairly well, too.

I know it might seem odd to argue realism in a show of this nature, but even in terms of the show's reality, it's unrealistic for Henry to be able to be around ALL the time. His mom, who supposedly knows everything that happens in town can't figure out that even if she tells him to stay home and do his homework that he's gonna run off to be with Emma as soon as the door is closed? Emma thinks that if she tells him to go home, he'll do that and not suddenly pop up in the back seat of her car? Why? He never does what he's told and will ALWAYS find a way to tag along.

Sorry for the rant, but I love EVERYTHING about this show *except* for the ubiquitousness of the kid.
More +
Staff
Oooh a jazzy jazz man at the old coffee house. Love that.
I LOVE THIS ARTICLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Staff
Aw, shucks, you straight up put a smile on my face.
This is amazing. <3 Kristen Bell. The last name thing is very cute.
cool i can't wait i am a big fan of the show so far.
Jafar from Aladdin. give the evil witch a run for her money a real power struggle lol.
Staff
They've confirmed Aladdin is going to happen! I am honestly curious to see how they handle the genie.
When did they confirm that Aladdin is going to happen??

I hope they can find an Indian actor to play Aladdin.
They should get that indian guy from heroes to play him if he is not too old. He was the scientist.
Has anyone suggested Azita Ghanizada for Princess Jasmine?
I agree with a previous comment about Hansel and Gretel, it's one of my favourite fairy tales and their story is really haunting. Would be great to see them in Once Upon..
I hope that this actually happens because its awesome
What about Hansel And Gretel? I'm sure they could find 2 similar looking teens to play the roles. In the real life story they would live with abusing non-loving parents and Emma tries to find them a new home.
Staff
Fun fact: Taylor Momsen's first acting role was as Gretel! Personally I always imagine Hansel and Gretel as being right around eight years old. But teens would probably be more interesting.
If we are going disney, James Earl Jones reprising Mufasa from Lion King. In the real world he could some wise older guy who has lost his son.
@Lily Sparks .. in case u read this, I felt I needed to let you know... about that story you put for alice in wonderland, that was already "kind of..." written. look into "american mcgee`s alice" is a videogame, the 1st one was amazing, the second is not as dark, imo has more humor that a dark atmosphere (still good though)... and well, the story is a very disturbed girl/teenager....

... ps. Ian would look great in that roll, but I want him as my eternal vampire :P
Staff
I will definitely check that out! I think ever since the book "Go Ask Alice" Alice and Wonderland and drugs and institutionalized teens have been loosely associated. I have an ambivalent relationship with those kinds of story-lines- they can be interesting but quickly become depressing. Thanks for the reference!
MMMM, better use the way-back machine and set it to late 1965 when "White Rabbit" was written by Grace Slick(she did credit Lewis Carroll's writing) of then infamous "The Great Society". Released in 1966 by Jefferson Airplane. Can't think of any other truer roots.

Staff
Good call, good call- I guess White Rabbit must have influenced the branding for Go Ask Alice- it was published a couple years later in 1971...
Prince Eric: Tom Welling and Ariel: I believe that they are already casting Joanna Garcia for the role...
Staff
Serious?! That actually works quite well, thanks for the hot news! I do really prefer that they're casting the characters with smart, talented, full grown actors and not teeny boppers.
sign me up.
Another good choice would be Hannah Spearitt she could play any fairy tale character
agreed
I believe Emilie de Ravin has already been cast as Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Tarzan is NOT a fairy tale. I would approve of Kristen Bell or Amy Adams as any character; both can act unlike many of the others suggested.
Dianna Agron would make the perfect Alice if she was sweet.
" If Ariel has had her happy ending reversed, then she probably doesn't have her voice anymore"

Mmmm I do believe THAT consitutes a Happy Ending!!! Ask any married man!!!
LET'S, FOR A MOMENT, SH*TCAN THE OVER-THE-TOP, TEENY-BOPPER PORTRAYALS OF THE ABOVEMENTIONED CHARACTERS. AND WHY LIMIT THE CHARACTERS TO THE YOUNG, AND, FOR THAT MATTER, ONLY TO 'THE DISNEY'. QUALITY (HOW THE CHARACTER IS INTRODUCED AND USED)FAR OUTWEIGHS THOSE PERHAPS INTRODUCED IN GRATUITOUS QUANTITY. BUT ENOUGH RANCOR FOR THE TIME BEING. IN THE STILL SMALL VOICE EPISODE WHEN THE BLUE FAIRY REVEALED TO JIMINY THE NAME OF THE NOW PARENTLESS BOY, A WAVE OF EMOTION UNLIKE ANY I'VE EXPERIENCED IN QUITE SOME TIME SWEPT THROUGH ME AND LITERALLY BROUGHT ME TO TEARS. I'M SURE THAT I WAS NOT ALONE. NOW, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, T H A T I S Q U A L I T Y ! ! ! THE ICING ON THE CAKE IS THAT GEPPETTO (SIC) IS PORTRAYED BY THE HIGHLY TALENTED, RESPECTED, AND BELOVED TONY AMENDOLA, RETURNING TO THE ISSUE AT HAND, HOWEVER, PROVISIONALLY, THIS IS A STORYLINE WHICH EVERYONE B O T H DESIRES WILL END SOON AND WITH A BANG A N D WILL CONTINUE NEVERENDINGLY. SHALL WE ENDEAVOUR TOWARD THE REALIZATION OF EACH? PLEASE?! FAERIETALE/MYTHOLOGICAL/COMIC BOOK CHARACTERS I, PERSONALLY, WOULD ENJOY SEEING ADDED TO THE MIX (PERHAPS SOME OF MERELY A GRATUITOUS NATERE A LA "WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT?", LOL): ROSE RED (PENNY JOHNSON-JERALD) SANTA CLAUS (ALAN SCARFE) SATAN (OOPS! SORRY! ROBERT CARLYSLE'S ALREADY THERE) DOCTOR STRANGE (IAN McSHANE) RICHIE RICH (TAYLOR LAUTNER) MORGAINE LE FEY (JULIET AUBREY) PETER PAN (ROBIN WILLIAMS, OF COURSE) ARDRA (MARTA DuBOIS) UATU (TERRENCE STAMP) BEN GRIMM (GRIMM!?!?) ZATANA (SERINDA SWAN, OF COURSE) ROBINSON CRUSOE (SEAN BEAN) ELVIRA (ELVIRA, CHER, OR REBECCA ROMIJN) JACK (BEANSTALK OPTIONAL) (GEORGE MURESAN, IF HE'S STILL AMONG THE LIVING) HANSEL &/OR GRETEL (?) {SOME OF THESE CHARACTERS NEED NOT APPEAR OF THE SAME AGE AS THEY DO IN THEIR VARIOUS STORYLINE INCARNATIONS} AGATHA HARKNESS (JOAN PLOWRIGHT) FREDDY K. (WHO ELSE?) [DEPENDANT, OF COURSE, UPON THE LENGTH OF TIME THE SERIES ACTUALLY SURVIVES] NURA NAL, DREAM GIRL AND THE WHITE WITCH ( SHRINKING VIOLET (AMANDA SEYFRIED) PETER RABBIT (JOHNNY GALECKI) HUCKLEBERRY HOUND (GIL BELLOWS) VOLSTAGG (SIC?) (JOHN RHYS DAVIES) A SMATTERING OF TALES OF HOFFMANN ...AND SO VERY MANY MORE GAER E.
Did you really have to shout this? I couldn't hear you for all the noise.
Staff
Thank you for taking this to a whole other level. But I do want to point out your caps lock is on.
did you really just suggest doing away with "teeny-bopper" portrayals and then suggest taylor lautner for a role??
dude, tell us how you really feel!
Let's see... I think all of the choices are great, and allow me to tell which characters I would like to see, and who would play them. For the part of Snow White, I would love to see Hayden Pannetiere portraying her.

For the part of Mulan, Brenda Song would be the obvious choice, not only because she's pretty, but also because she would be a natural for that part.

For the part of Belle, Ashley Tisdale.

And well, that's all.
there is already someone playing snow white on the show: Ginnifer Goodwin
Yeah, but still... I think Hayden would make a better Snow White, but that's me thinking.
The Three Pigs could be Story Brooke Handymen/Builders two of which live in cabins (or something) and the other could have a big fancy house, all side by side?

I reckon Sean Astin, Zach Galifianakis (with a beard) and John Goodman could be 3 believable pigs?

And the Doctor (David Paul Grove) could already be the wolf, assuming that's who he's supposed to be?
Oh, love the idea of the 3 pigs, but i really can't see the current wolf playing the "big bad wolf" part... I'm assuming he'd be a little more....lecherous?
Staff
Seems like the pigs would have no problem with the curse if they get to be fully articulated human beings with access to much better building materials than the usual huffable straw and sticks.
You could say that for a lot of characters though, the dwarves would be 6ft tall and never have to work in the mines again, would make sense that there are a few people that would benefit from the curse.
Loves:

Sterling Knight - he would make such a cute and mischeivous Peter Pan!

Kristen Bell - would make an adorable Tinker Bell

Taylor Momsen - yeah if Alice was going to go the girl, interrupted route, Taylor would kinda be perfect for that

Blake Lively - the perfect Rapunzel. Plain and simple.

Ricky Ullman - this kid hasnt done anything in like four years and i wish he would! he was so cute in phil of the future and would make an awesome aladdin!
Loves:

Ian Somerhalder - Prince Eric

Kristen Bell - Tinkerbell

Taylor Kitsch - Tarzan (I'd eagerly be his Jane)

Blake Lively - Rapunzel (honestly can't see why she isn't loved by all. Beautiful!)

Dislikes:

Lizzy Kaplan - Aurora (just can't see her as anything but Jason Stackhouse's V-junkie girlfriend)

Taylor Momsen - ANYTHING EVER AGAIN... How did little Cindy Lou Who turn into this raccoon faced girl? Even starting out in Gossip Girl she was bbeautiful, but ewwwww... not anymore. What a mess.
Why not bring Giselle (Amy Adams) from Andalasia into the mix? Amy Adam would make a good Arielle.
i agree. She was adorable in enchanted!!!
Ian Somerhalder as Eric and Kristen Bell as Tink... Perfect!

Plus, Your plot for the Little Mermaid would work really well.
I hope you realize that the picture you have for Rapunzel is just an animated version of Mandy Moore with long blonde hair.
GREAT choices there, particularly Ms Bell. If she every gets involved then Once Upon a Time is officially cemented as the greatest show on air (though I pretty much think that already).
Use anyone for Rapunzel BESIDES Blake Lively... She is so annoying... If she is going to be in it... MAKE BLAKE HAVE HER NATURAL HAIR COLOUR!!!!
Blonde IS her natural color
its not... its brown since all blondes are coloured, you rarely get a true blonde anymore
There are plenty of classical-yet-forgotten fairy tales that one does not need to stick to Disney movies all the time.

(Aladdin? seriously?!? Tarzan? can it be really considered a fairy tale? etc.)
Not to point out the obvious, but that would be why under the Tarzan picture, Lily says: "Tarzan isn't a fairytale, per se, but I see no reason why that should prevent the titular character from appearing as a feral man who runs through the streets naked occasionally. Frequently. Constantly. "

And Aladdin is a fairytale, it is a Middle Eastern folktale, from The Book of One Thousand And One Nights.
As much as I would love that i was thinking for fairy-talish like Jack and the Beanstalk and Rapunzel. The Giant could be NBA player Repunzel could be Mandy Moore ironically enough she did the voice on Tangled. something like that
I will cry actual tears of joy, the day the contents of this list become close to coming true. Make it happen!!
cant wait to see them in series
Load More Comments