Once Upon a Time: Kiss My Boot!

Last night's episode of Once Upon a Time, "Desperate Souls," was kind of like unwrapping a beautiful present from your favorite store and finding stylish pants two sizes too small and no gift receipt. So close to what you want, yet so far away. And someone left a melted Fudgsicle in the back pocket.

I know the show's premise has to be able to extend to six or more seasons, and that means going off on tangents. But that does not excuse a midseason return episode centered on the intricacies of electing a new sheriff. Graham just died! Why did we not see a hospital montage, a tense funeral, or a solemn graveside vow? Also, the last time Regina and Emma crossed paths on camera, they had a fist fight in a graveyard. But last night's episode returned them to their usual coy bickering. It didn't feel right. By all social logic, Regina should be slamming panic buttons and screaming for security whenever she sees Emma.

So this episode was all about Sidney Glass versus Emma Swan for sheriff. Mercifully, the turmoil surrounding a political process less complicated than electing a high school class treasurer was cut together with Rumpelstiltskin's origin story, which: Cool! He started out unsparkly! He had a kid! And when Sidney Glass published a story about Emma having given birth to Henry in jail, I thought, "NICE. The backstory of her adoption process with Henry will dovetail with how Rumpelstiltskin lost his son!"

Nope. She just folded up the paper all like, "Had you in jail, nacho business." That was shady, but Emma in general is shady. I realized that when she accused Henry of "ducking her." If my birth mom moved to town, lived out of a car until a stranger took her in, changed clothes as often as Homer Simpson, drowned her sorrows in Maker's Mark, wore pants so tight you could read the date on a dime in her back pocket, started fisticuffs with the mayor, and tried to pass off having a baby in jail as no big deal: Hell, I'd be ducking her too. Emma is like a Jerry Springer guest with good grammar and big hair. REALLY big hair.

And the debate at the Amish playhouse was, sorry, super dumb. Sidney's speech sounded like he had written it in crayon, and Emma's was outright crazy. "The fire was a set up by Mr. Gold. Can't prove it! Heroes don't play this way. Peace out time! Gonna get drunk instead of waiting for voting results."

You can feel both actors' talent fighting to get through the clumsy lines like heat through an oven mitt. Lana Parrilla did an exquisite job (as always) making her lines crackle with effortless timing and spot-on delivery. I could have watched Regina and Emma trapped in a burning building all night, there wasn't enough time! No need for two women who crushed on the same man and who share a son to have a moment together! Move it along! Got to fit in that third speech about what it means to be a hero!

Also: Mr. Gold set up the fire via yarn, KNOWING Emma would save Regina, but Emma's confession at the "debate" that Mr. Gold had set up the fire was also a set-up? What? Even I knew that he couldn't take credit for her independent moral decisions, and I have Pop Rocks lodged in my brain. But Emma was like, "How you know what I is think? Do you also keep airplane in sky?"

Truly, I respect the mechanics of this show. I picture a writing room with a wall of index cards on which a meticulous Swiss clock of a plot has been mapped out with neat milestones that the writers diligently hit in each episode. But because the writers are focusing on the larger story, the dialogue has become a slave to the plot, not a voice for the characters.

Let me take a moment to be positive: Robert Carlyle disappeared into his character, and his backstory resonated beautifully with what we know about Rumpelstiltskin so far. The idea that he was a powerless coward who made a deal with the devil that ultimately lost him both his son and his humanity was great stuff, and thick hearty material for a superior actor to dig into. I also liked that Snow and Prince Charming had a moment. He may still be with his wife, but you can tell they're soul mates from their old-timey, awkward hats.

There is so much to love about the world this show has built. I am continually grateful to see actors of this caliber (Brad Dourif in a cameo, hells yeah!) inhabiting such a unique and imaginative story. But when you have a premise and professionals this strong, it's a crime not to make the most of them. And while I trust next week will enchant me once again, I didn't feel the magic this time.

Questions:

… Any guesses for what "Kiss my Boot" is an uncomfortable Freudian stand-in for?

… Is any reference to a "Dark One" who wears a cape going to tread on the toes of Star Wars?

… Did the evil child soldier kidnappers have a big birthday calendar on their wall so they knew when everyone turned 14?

… Is it weird or awesome to see Gus Fring/Giancarlo Esposito just having a little lighthearted fun?

… How did YOU like the return episode?

Most importantly, is Jimmy Page going to sue them for use of "ZOSO"?

I think this episode was basically good because they showed that even for rumpelstiltskin each magic comes with a price, as he usually mentions.
Robert Carlyle made up for whatever issues I may have had with the episode. He really is an outstanding actor. Plus, I'm just happy to have my favorite show back.

But here is my question, if the curse was designed to take away the character's happy endings, when are we actually going to see a happy ending in Fairy Tale land? So far, I think all of the stories have ended in some kind of tragedy...
This is like a common thing in Once, don't you think? One episode is GREAT, the next one sloppy... next, they pull it back, next one... not so much... I still tune in because i LOVE the story (and fairytales) but i agree with you! This show needs better writing, better dialog. The whole structures is fine, i know there's a bigger story, a major purpose, but they need to actually take advantage of all the awesome actors they have... don't make it boring for us....
" Is any reference to a "Dark One" who wears a cape going to tread on the toes of Star Wars? " Missed this 1st time thru.

This might be true if Star Wars were as original as believed. Actually, it is a direct dirivative of the John Carter of Mars books by E.R. Burroughs. Right down to some names and descriptive elements of major characters and beasts.
When I want some mindless entertainment I watch this show. It is cute but would not last in another time slot or day.
The episode isn't exciting as I thought it would be. I did appreciate getting Rumpelstiltskin's backstory. I was afraid they'd keep him shrouded in mystery until the next season.

Birthday Calendar, for sure. Maybe they have a midwife who's spying for them :P
I love to watch Robert Carlyle so much I didn't even notice the flaws mentioned in the above review. And those teeth!!!! eew!!
Totally agree with your review. Took a double take at how the episode began after that AWESOME mid season finale!!!

Robert Carlyle was just amazing. He really does a brilliant job at whichever character he's given. Giancarlo Esposito's character was a bit sad. After Gus how can you NOT tap into this guys acting potential and give him more!!! It was just weird to see him do what he did in this episode.

Still love the show but this episode was weak. Only redeeming factor was Rumpels backstory.
Emma sure played into the trap Mr. Gold has made. And we know it's a small town but seriously there was only a handful of people at the debate as you pointed out. Did they really need to kill the Sheriff off the show? :/
i guess it was a good episode but not a well-written .

At least the flashback was fun and provide alot of informations !
first, she is wearing an adorable cap, isn't she?

second, i can not believe how good this show is. Carlyle is a great actor, I didn't realize from SG Universe, but he is very talented. Ginnifer is a beautiful person, I look forward to her finally getting a happy ending (i'll take it with Charming, live vicariously)
Staff
Goodwin is amazing as Snow. But I fear we are probably 4? 5? seasons from her getting anywhere with Charming. They're the Sam and Diane!
that's a little depressing.
Rumpelstiltsken's flashback was great but the 'modern Storybrook' portion of the plot felt really boring. Gus/Giancarlo was great as the reporter forced to run for sheriff, it was so random and he really played up the uncomfortable awkwardness of obviously being a tool for the mayor. Hope he pops up occasionally.

RIP sheriff dude, you will be missed even though the other characters seem to barely care :/
I don't know if anyone had brought this up already, but I think the best line in this episode was, "You didn't want people to know you cut his cord with a shiv?" Ha!
Staff
YES that line was hilarious.
Gotta admit, fave character is Mr. gold/ Rumplestiltskin. Carlyle is so great at both roles. I loved the storyline of how he came to be so powerful and I can't wait to find out more about his fairytale past!
"This is just a theory, but according to IMDb Graham appears in 19 episodes. Which means he can't be done yet." Just because IMDb lists things doen't mean they're true, partiuclarly on stuff that hasn't aired yet...
I agree it was not one of my favourite episodes but I enjoyed it quite enough!! The Rumpelstiltskin was the best part and I enjoyed Carlyle's performance very much, it's a superb actor, he made me almost cry in some parts...

With each episode I rejoice over Lana Parrilla's performance more and more, she's another great evil and her character is powerful and makes me love to hate her!!

Better dialogues are needed but the actors and their performances help to not notice sometimes the need to improve the writing, but it's a real shame!!

With Mr. Gold's plan I don't agree, I understand he could see two options, Emma to go on with his fake fire plan and she would be a hero, or to reveal the set-up and she would be a hero for exposing Gold, either way Gold wins and gets what he wants!!

I am?? I am!!! Loved it!!
I liked the episode enough but I didn't love it in the same way I have loved others. Next week looks great though and its another Charming and Snow centred ep so I have high hopes!
I agree, I didn't feel this episode, except for the Rumpelstiltskin part of it. I like how this show keeps people like Regina and Rumpelstiltskin both mean and relatable. It struck me how I never really thought Regina was truly evil now, her killings being so long ago, but she murdered Graham without a second thought. She's evil-evil in Storybrook as well! Still, I got to love that woman, and Lana Parilla for acting.

I am NOT getting into the Kiss my Boot - Freudian stand in. It just wouldn't be wise.

I laughed out loud at the evil child soldier kidnappers having a big birthday calender, and the still with Rumpelstiltskin "not my boy and his beautiful hair!"
Staff
Its true, the villains are so evolved in this series. They give them such intense back stories (or so we assume with Regina)
Great review (again)

... I even have SOME guesses(es) ...

... I was instantly thinking about the Sith , I missed Dourif in the credits so I thought the Dark One would be Ian McDiarmid !

... Yeah, plus the idiot-son told them himself.

... for me it was sad and awesome the same time. Esposito(as Gus) evolved into a wonderful butterfly, now he is a ... crawling butterfly ?

... had some fun. The story of Rumpelstilzkin, Emmas endless waves of hair and the unintentional hilarious town-hall meeting made my evening.
Staff
Thanks!! I can't wait for Esposito/the mirror's back story. Its such a contrast to see him in this role after watching him be the Ultimate Bad Ass in Breaking Bad.
I completely agree with this. With a proper writing team, this story has potential. Sadly, the last great episode I saw was Snow Falls. Everything else has been ho-hum. Hopefully they beef up some of this dialogue to keep us engaged with the characters.
Okay, so I was totally excited for this episode, because I wanted to see Graham recover from his heart attack or whatever they were going to make it in Storybrooke terms. And then we didn't even get to see him at the hospital, or a funeral or anything like you said. Just a brief conversation about him, and a mention that his autopsy showed "natural causes". I hope he's around for flashbacks to fairy tale land still, because I was iffy on him until his character episode, and then I really started to like him, and then BAM! killed him. Not fair.
Staff
Yeah, completely shocked that they would cast such a hot actor and then pull him offscreen so quick. Especially since his backstory arc seems pretty limited . Like unless they show him in different episodes sex slavin' around the Evil Palace, how can they include him in flashbacks? Its a bummer. Hopefully a smart casting director snaps him up soon. (REVENGE SHOWRUNNERS ARE YOU LISTENING?!?)
I love this show, and maybe more than you, Lily. But I am in full agreement about the dialogue. Get Amy Sherman-Palladino and Dan Palladino, what are they doing right now? They wrote the incredible dialogue for "Gilmore Girls" for 6 seasons (the bad 7th season was someone else's mistake). Put them together with the apparent "LOST" geniuses who have the story all mapped out (which I AM enjoying, however else you may take my statements), and you'll have good dialogue AND a good story. Also, I want Graham not to be dead.

Questions

-Yuck.

-If you immerse yourself in the childhood fairy tales in which this is set, no. If even 1% of your brain forgets that premise, yes.

-Yes, also, in very small villages, it's easier to keep track of the ages of all the children in town. If I were the kidnappers, I'd just ascertain the age of the next oldest child as I'm galloping out of town with the current oldest. Then I'd just remember to come back when that kid is turning 14 and repeat the process.

-I think it's great. Giancarlo Esposito is too good of an actor. Gus Fring, awesome. Magic Mirror/Weird Mayor's Puppet Newspaper Dude, awesomely hilarious.

-I liked it, especially because of all the R-Stilts background information. As opposed to you, Lily, I don't have a problem with R-Stilts being able to "predict" her moral outrage. Mainly because I still think of these as fairy tales. It's okay if they aren't 100% realistic. Plus, he IS the "Dark One" (even still in the modern world?), and has his foresight power, maybe he's got some mojo in that area.

Still loving the ride of this show. I'm a little boy inside and don't want to grow up! Yay.
Staff
I'm just saying, if you're going to kidnap children & immobilize their parents with dark magicks, then why wait for their exact 14th birthday? Why not just round up every kid who can hoist a javelin or a sword in one quick coup? Seems awfully by the book for evil soldiers.
I love how you've thought about how best to kidnap child soldiers xD
i really liked the episode although how easily the dagger was stolen was pretty ridiculous.
Staff
yes, agreed, although another commenter made a good point that as the whole transference of Dark Magic was a set up, Zoso probably wanted him to find that dagger.
I liked the episode well enough. Loved learning more about Rumple. I was quite confuzzled for part of his tale though. It was a disappointment that it picked up 2 wks later, and outside of a few glassy eyed moments with dramatic beats that both women endured, there was no visible effect of how Graham's death truly impacted them. Color me masochistic but I would have liked to have seen a trip to the hospital (does Stonybrook even have EMS?) Maybe Dr.Swarmy trying to revive him. A funeral of some sort could have been showed or a vigil of his gorgeous face plastered up on a Rememberance wall.I didn't really feel the loss enough. It was glossed over. I did feel the loss, awkwardness, and eternal soul mate vibe between Snow and Charming though. Even posting up flyers they make you smile.
Staff
very much agreed. A funeral sequence,a montage of different people who knew him sobbing, one single monologue by like Snow about how he would be missed. Instead we get Mr. Gold emptying out his apartment? Yeesh.
I liked the episode and I guess since there was a little break I kind of forgot about the knuckle sandwich Emma gave Regina and there wasn't any follow up to Graham dying. The Rumplestiltskin back story was amazing and seems to be a major foundation for things to come. The whole sheriff election thing was kind of a joke, and it was sad to see such great actors suffer through that scene.

This season is sticking to the way it should be. Yeah, Emma may be there to bring things back to normal for the Storybrook characters, but why should we care if we don't know WHAT's normal for them? This clearly isn't the Disney version of the fairy-tales so, even though we think we know them, we actually don't. For now the back-story should take the lead so we can see what's so different from who they were to who they are. Most of what's happening in the present is interesting but I watch to show to see how things were. I expect season 2 will be more about Emma, her past and her quest to defeat Regina. Remember, she still doesn't believe any of this and is just there because of the kid. Until she does, her story is secondary.
I expect by Season 2 a bigger bad than Regina will be revealed. All she wants is to be happy, even if it comes at the expense of others. You've gotta have a bigger bad with a more sinister plot come out by the end of season 1 because it's just a little weak for a villain.
Staff
I agree that Emma should focus on the kid an being part of his life (and you'd think her explaining why he was in jail would be a necessary conversation) but that doesn't excuse them from not giving her an emotional truth as a character. I want to root for a person, not a plot device!
Don't hate me... But I really liked it over all. Mainly the back story of Rumplestiltskin was the best. I do agree that there were some holes in the "real time" side of the story...
Don't worry, nobody hates you for respectfully expressing an opinion--you'll find us a very accepting bunch here at tv.com.
The Rumpelstiltskin storyline was great. He started out a nice-enough guy, but a coward. Really good work there.

They were laying some things on a bit thick.

- Crickets

- Let me be a reflection

- For as long as any of us can remember (like 3 times)

I agree that Graham should've had more of a send-off... instead they jumped 2weeks ahead and skipped the whole drama.

As for the whole Election thing, it was OK. Not great, but OK.

As for Emma not wanting to talk about that period in her life, I can cut her some slack. But she shouldn't be surprised if her kid didn't take it well.
I don't have time to read all the comments so I don't know if anyone already mentioned it, but when it comes to Graham dying i think the reason they don't do the whole funeral-crying thing is because he'll come back. This is just a theory, but according to IMDb Graham appears in 19 episodes. Which means he can't be done yet. Maybe it'll only be his fairytale character - making the none existing funeral stupid - but if he comes back it could have been unnecessary to do the funeral thing. I don't know, it's just a thought.. Other than that I really agree with you, a specially about the having-Henry-in-jail bit. It'd been much more convincing if he'd lash out and gotten angry with her so she'd have to "win him back"
Well, he's not in 108 and has been in London while they filmed 109-115 so it doesn't look good for him being in 19 episodes.
Staff
one thing's certain, if he comes back from what I am assuming is the grave it will make this show a lot more interesting.
I thought Emma was there to give them back their happy endings, but all I see are sad and desperate people, now someone died and she owes a favor to Rumpelstiltskin. If that's how the story continues it's sure gonna be about fairy tales, but more like the originals that were for adults, full of crazy people cutting their own toes off and stuff and that's not what I tune in for.

I'm only gonna stick around as long as I can manage the drama and keep the idea of an actual happy ending in the back of my head.
the last 2 episodes i didnt like much i hope the show goes back to the quality of its first 6 episode which were amazing.
Dude, I loved the midseason finale, it was tense, emotional and revealed some big things to the audience.
Emma changed into a skirt for the debate, how awesome was that!
Lily, you are very funny, a great writer, and I love your reviews. I wish you were writing for this show, as it is a wonderful world and a wonderful concept. But what are the current writers thinking??? Not only in terms of the illogic, which I agree is distracting, but also their continued failure to write compelling characters, even though it is obvious that the actors are quite capable of playing nuance. Let's seewe have 2 lead female characters who share the same son, and last we saw, were engaged in a fist fight in a cemetery. Fast forward 2 weeks, and we see Regina briefly carping at Emma for saving her life, and mouthing the words to help Emma's competitor defeat her in a debate. I am admittedly exaggerating to make a point here, but imagine if all Othella does is constantly snark at Desdemona before finally getting around to killing her in Act Vlet me out of the theatre at intermission!!! (This lack of nuancing also sets Henry up to simply hate his openly devoted adoptive mother, which I find pretty un-fun to watch.)

I'll continue to follow the show for a while, as the acting is spot on, and the scenery, costumes, and derring-do are unabashedly fun. But it increasingly seems, to me, that the core characters (Emma, Regina, Snow, Charming, Henry connecting them all, and Rumple S. S. as the wild card) are being written by adolescent boys on a camping trip.

*OUAT
Why was the most powerful dagger in the kingdom not protected by even 1 guard?!?!?!!?!? Seriously, how easily did he steal that thing.....

Oh, that's right--the soldiers were too busy abducting 14 year old boys for their tween army....lol j/k...sort of.....

It's ok UOAT, I still love you ;)
I just assumed that since they had to keep kidnapping 14 year olds because the army was so thin to begin with that there was no one available to protect it. The army was clearly pretty thin and kept dying in the war. Combined with the fear that the army would simply send the dark one to destroy you and that nobody knew about the dagger's power (Rump found out when the dark one decided to call it quits) makes it pretty reasonable to believe nobody would attempt the theft.
Yet, you weren't upset (i guess) by Charming awakening Snow with just a kiss in the pilot. "It was fantasy world and it's snow's story" would you say. Well, the dagger thing is also in fantasy world. Why should it be more thorough ?
Possibilities

a) there was no duke and the dark one was lying about being controlled.

b) the fire drove away the guards

c) the dark one manipulated the circumstance so that Rumple could get the dagger easily

d) the writers were just being really lazy

you can decide which one on your own.
That's true. It seems you put more thought into it than I did....
I agree with the soldiers running away from the fire.

Plus, maybe you don't want your guards to know about the device that lets ANYONE control a monster WMD in case they get any ideas about taking it for themselves.

I also considered that the Dark One lied about being controlled, but the soldiers seemed to bow to him not out of fear but because they knew they were (really) on the same side.

But yeh, unless they explicitly say something... just use your imagination to fill in any gaps. That's what I do.
I actually enjoyed the episode more than most. I just found that part kinda funny. Also, if Emma is the new sheriff and she suspects Mr. Gold of arson and attempted murder (and had proof) will she do anything about it? Obviously, not!!

You could tell these are Lost writers. Very creative storytelling and exciting television--but Swiss cheese plot holes will add up, I bet. Though, I am prepared this time around; so I'm not gonna analyze every little detail like I did with lost, but rather just sit back and enjoy the ride.
I agree with you Lily, this episode missed the mark a bit. The Brad and Robert scenes did help things though. I'm hoping to be surprised by next week. It's wonderful to see Gus Fring having some light hearted fun!
Can't believe Graham is dead! Like, really dead! My main disappointment over this episode was that a kiss or something (anything) didn't save him!

Not sure I want to keep watching with no more Graham, I loved his character and interactions with Emma. I still hold out hope they will find some way to miraculously raise him from the dead. Please?
He will be back but that will prob only be in the backstory. He is listed in several episodes later this season.
Thank you for voicing my discontent! Honestly even the rumplestiltskin backstory wasn't enough to hold my attention because of all the inane dialogue. Can we get the TVD writers on this show please? It's such an amazing world and they're doing nothing with it. I want action, passion and heartbreak!

Anyway, hilarious recap, thanks!
Pumpkin Weekend needs its own episode.
The episode had its flaws but the best part had to be Carlyles performance in both his roles. particularly in the fairytale world where he played the transition between a good man trying to save his son to a creature who has lost his soul perfectly. As Mr. Gold he is manipulative but at the same time he exudes this air as if he has lost a son also. I watched Carlyle in SGU but I think that this really showcases him.
YAY from me. Carlyle "golded" this episode.
If I had to guess I'd say this was a filler thrown together just before hiatus. I'll say it again, an actor is ONLY as good as the tools he's given. G. Esposito's sheepish grin and awkward stumbling should say more about the writers than the character!! Even Henry was bummed out over this episode. This TURKEY should have played on Thanksgiving!!

All I can say about this episode -which was good, just not great- is that I am SO glad someone either made the decision to lessen Henry's screen time and/or get that little ham some acting classes. The last three episodes have been a relief, knowing that his character won't be grating on my nerves. Kudos! Also, loving Brad Dourif and Robert Carlyle. Their scenes together were amazing and really made a so-so episode just a little bit better.
Great recap, Lily! I always look forward to you're recaps, they're always the most fun!

After the great last episode, I was looking forward to the next episode so much. Much like the last episode of Revenge, I was completely disappointed.

However, I did like the Rumple backstory, as always Robert Carlyle stole the show. I also liked the interaction between Charming and Snow and they just belong together.

Looking forward to next week episode with Emma Caulfied as the Blind Witch from Hansel and Gretel!
If there is one thing that I don't agree with in your review, it is the matter of Mr. Gold's plan. I think it is utterly convincing, what he did and the way he did it. It takes a true mastermind NOT to set up people, but to predict how they will act in certain situations. Just look at Percy from 'Nikita'. He's sitting in a whole in the ground in a glass box and yet he manages to pull the strings of everyone around him. And he manages that by doing the very same thing Mr. Gold did in this episode: by seeing through people, predicting how they'd act and subtly nudging the circumstances. That's the art of manipulation. And it's the only thing that makes me buy Mr. Gold's scariness.
I was trying to figure out why the actor playing the Dark Lord looked so familiar, and then I realized I had just seen him in Psyche. Even better, now that I know his name (Brad Dourif) and was able to look him up, I realized he was also the evil (or was he?) Luther Lee Boggs on a 1994 X-Files episode, "Beyond the Sea." Hells, yeah (as Lily said).
Staff
He's got a fine acting pedigree that extends all the way back to One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest! Whoever does casting for OUaT will except no less than the very best.
Great recap, Lily!

I was sooo looking forward to the return of the show. But, I agree with you, there was something missing and it did feel a bit flat. I wish there was more Snow and Charming interaction. Loved the Rumple backstory tho!

Having a vision about child soldier kidnappers looking at the bday calendar like the doctors at Greys Anatomy looking at that patient board - gold!
Staff
Aw, thank you! I feel you on Snow and Charming. Now that Graham is out of the picture they need to step that romance UP.
Okay, I respect everyone has a right to their opinion but REALLY? I think you might be setting the bar a little to high. And what's with all the digs on Emma? She is the hero! And she changes her damn clothes, she just always wears that (awesome) jacket. Yea, okay this wasn't the BEST episode but there were def a lot of good things that happened. Emma is the freaking. Sheriff!
Staff
Look, I love Jennifer Morrison, and for that reason I can bear Emma, but lets be real, they need to get her into some lose, flowing chinos once in a while. We get she has great legs but I feel like she's grimacing when she walks.
I hear you. I lately saw the movie "Warrior" and Jennifer had some almost naked scenes at first. I was a little bit shocked when I then recognized her and thought she lost 20 pounds since House seasons 1 & 2 ... and she was even tiny then ...

Maybe those Jeans of her ARE her "flowing chinos" !!!
Ok while we r being real, Emma just isn't that kind of person, she's hard core, I seriously doubt we will see her wearing flowing chinos or anything else like that. Maybe one day there will be something fancy she has to dress up and show off those awesome legs. Until then I'm pretty sure she will stay just the way she is.
What is with Giancarlo's bad hair?

I like him in this role, everyone actually, just waiting for him to have a decent story line, he has been totally neglected so far!
Completely agree on all points! Love your recaps. The episode was like hearing the fizz go out of a bottle of seltzer I know people swear up and down about Lost, but I actually believe it was crap after the second season. This show, just like Lost, has such an awesome premise, but it can be easy to get all lost ( no pun intended) in the plot formation that they forget that an artful, character-driven execution makes for some of the best story-telling. Only time will tell, I suppose.
Staff
Aw thanks for your great comment. I am steadfastly in love with this show but I hold it to a high standard. The premise is like, my dream premise, and its got a dream cast, so its hard not to expect every episode to be a 10.
Load More Comments