Parenthood is always good for a chuckle or two, mostly on account of Zeke's (Craig T. Nelson) unbearably frank sex talks. Yet I found myself laughing out loud at last night's episode, and he wasn't even in it! Could it be that NBC has found its fifth comedy, in the form of an hour-long drama? Here are my favorite quotes and moments from "Perchance to Dream":
8. Kristina (Monica Potter), trying to understand the lingo uttered by her new campaign co-workers
She reassured them, "You can call me dude." She also referred to tweeting as "twitting" and "chirping."
7. Sarah (Lauren Graham), Amber (Mae Whitman), and Drew (Miles Heizer), all talking at once
Sarah was trying to convince Amber to look at colleges, Drew was trying to figure out what to wear to the dance, and Amber was trying to answer them both. How did they manage to film that scene without laughing?
6. Sarah, humoring Kristina about teenage sexuality
"Okay, second base is reading Tennyson."
5. Kristina and Adam (Peter Krause), messing around with a lacy black bra that was sent to their house
Adam, before: "Woof."
Adam, after finding out that his daughter Haddie (Sarah Ramos) ordered the bra for herself: "Get it off me! Get it off! Get it off!"
4. Sarah, catering a cocktail party in Berkeley with Amber
Upon overhearing a couple of elitist partygoers discuss the latest issue of McSweeney's, Sarah retorted, "I read it, actually... I have somebody help me with the big words."
3. Jabbar (Tyree Brown) calling Crosby (Dax Shepard) and Jasmine (Joy Bryant) away from their date
Why? Because he couldn't do a #2 at his Aunt Julia's (Erika Christensen) house. Little guy needed to be in the comfort of his own bathroom.
2. Amber to Sarah, while listening to Jim (Mike O'Malley) read a poem at the cocktail party
"I think it might be about your vag."
1. Adam, teaching his nephew Drew to dance
You know, people used to call him "Fever" in high school.
What did you think of the episode?
Follow TV.com writer Stefanie Lee on Twitter: @StefAtTVDotCom