Person of Interest: The Lone Wolf Finds His Pack

Person of Interest S01E23: "Firewall"

Hey guys, that Person of Interest finale from last night was off-the-chain good. SO GOOD. How glad am I that I watched this show even though it's on CBS and somewhat follows a procedural formula? "Firewall" was just about perfect in every sense, inundating us with babes, suspense, gunfights, twists, and so many great one-liners from Reese—all the things we love about Person of Interest. Everyone else, take note: "Firewall" was EXACTLY what a season finale is supposed to be.

And what I especially loved was that it was all done in the context of a "normal" episode. There was no big to-do about the finale being a special episode or steering away from the normal formula like other serialized series tend to do when they realize there's so much left to wrap up. It was just a very, very, very good episode of Person of Interest that started out like every other episode: with a number.

This time that number belonged to a hottie, a psychologist named Caroline Turing (Turing... that should have been a dead giveaway of the big tweeeest) who was played by the always-welcome-on-my-screen Amy Acker (Angel, Alias, Dollhouse). Because Turing was privy to a wealth of potentially damaging information, one of her clients wanted her dead and put a hit out on her. It could have been the Ponzi-scheming lawyer, the city official who was sleeping with his intern, or the cocky prosecutor who threatened her during one of their sessions. And that's about as simple as this episode got.

While Reese went about protecting her from the dirty cops of HR who were hired as hitmen, the Feds started closing in on Reese after surveillance picked him up. That started a heart-thumping chase through a New York high-rise, which included a near helicopter-jacking by Reese. (What I would have given to see Reese hotwire a chopper and fly away with jets in pursuit.) But alas, an army of FBI agents arrived via the rooftop where the helicopter was parked, and the walls began to close in on Reese and Turing, with HR was in pursuit from below and the FBI squeezing him from above. With Carter, Fusco, and Finch helping Reese, the Feds using all available means to track Reese, and HR using their man on the inside of the FBI, it became a game of cat and mouse and whatever eats cats as Reese ducked into corners and got ambushed in elevators. Not a shot was fired, but it was as thrilling a sequence as any Person of Interest offered us this season.

One of the best scenes came in the middle of the chase, when Carter cornered Fusco in the john because she suspected him of ratting out Reese to HR. That forced Fusco to tell Carter the truth about his work with Reese and Finch, the "professor looking" guy, and it was one big "Oh, you too?" moment that I've been waiting for. But my favorite part was the way Finch handled it when he called, saying, "Hello detectives! I understand you'll have some questions but we're somewhat short of time." Spoken just like a professor.

After that, the dynamic of everything changed. Now we had Reese on his own, with Finch feeding him information; Zoe (oh, did I mention that Zoe was back in the fold?) doing some recon; and Fusco and Carter sending texts to Reese. The one-and-a-half-men operation that we've come to love became a full-fledged team effort, and something about it felt so right. This was a team crafted over twenty-something episodes with patience, and it paid off. If there's one thing Person of Interest has been so good at all season long, it's been pacing. Well, that and Reese being badass every week, even when he's on crutches. But even with more minds working toward the same goal, nothing could prepare them (or us) for what came next.

During a sweet shootout in the lower-level parking garage in which Fusco and Carter served as the cavalry (yes!), Reese let Turing head to safety. And waiting to carry off the damsel was Finch, who was parked outside. His car door opened and the chick hopped in. Except it wasn't Turing, it was Alisha Corwin (did I mention SHE was in pursuit of Finch this whole time?). Of course she had issues with the Machine and wanted Finch to shut the thing off, arguing invasion of privacy, God complexes, and stuff like Nathan Ingram's murder. Finch was all like, "Step off! The Machine didn't kill Nathan! And the machine is totally cool as long as it's not abused." The conversation also relayed a lot of what Person of Interest is really about: Technology is good! Technology that is abused is bad! But as long as it's out there, it will be used for both good (buying an MP3 of Kriss Kross's "Jump" when a party needs to be started) and bad (seeing penises that belong to politicians). Person of Interest wants you to handle your iPhones, laptops, and social media profiles with caution.

Elsewhere, Reese, Fusco, and Carter were in hot pursuit of HR grunts, but Reese had everything covered because he had the foresight to use HR's own munitions against them and blew up their car. It was badass.

But that was far from "it." A knock on Finch's car window and BAM! Alicia was shot in the brain. Shot by Turing... or should we say Root, our old hacker friend from many, many episodes ago who we knew would spring up again. This big twist was very reminiscent of the time Reese was unknowingly protecting Elias, and though I should have known better, I fell for it. Root—get this—put the hit on herself in order to draw out Reese and, more specifically, get to Finch. That's hardcore. Guys, I think I'm in love. She wants in on the Machine, and now she has the only person in the world who knows how to get in.

That left Reese alone, and in the final scene that wore out the edges of our seats, Reese looked straight into a surveillance camera and told the Machine that it's going to help him get Finch back. And the Machine responded. A payphone rang, Reese picked it up, and we cut to black. I think it would have been funny if we'd heard that screechy modem/fax sound, but I guess Jonathan Nolan didn't get my note.

"Firewall" was a spectacular finish to what has been an incredibly surprising first season of Person of Interest. The episode didn't seek to answer all questions, but it satisfactorily took care of some bad guys AND raised the stakes for everyone involved with plenty to build on for Season 2. THAT'S how you finish a season, kids.

Surveillance Notes

– Lots of great lines from Reese! "I promise, I will let you know when it's time to panic." And the bumper-sticker-friendly "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not trying to kill ya." And the capper, after blowing up a car with his new teammates Fusco and Carter, "We should all grab a drink together sometime."

– Always great to see Reese shoot for the leg.

– I guess this means Finch's schoolboy crush on hacker Root is over? Or does this make it even more intense?

Follow TV.com writer Tim Surette on Twitter: @TimAtTVDotCom

In standing at Finch's table and apparently rehashing their conversation about what if anything ever happened to Finch (just a week earlier in "No Good Deed") Reese finally figured out how to activate Finch's "contigency" that he mentioned. Through his partnership with Finch, Reese had been given the designation of "Asset" status with the Machine, and, as such, could directly address it for "help" if Finch was ever "in danger." (The Machine is not self-aware AI, but like most, operates on keywords.) The Machine would not need to cross-reference Reese's comments due to his status, but instead would act directly in response to them.

Jonathan Nolan had stated on a number of occasions that fans would see the Machine's role and interaction with others develop over the season if they watched carefully. Identifying Reese earlier in the season by name as having "Asset" status was one of those clues, apparently--you can see it most clearly with the "new" version of the opening montage, where CIA agent Evans' taking aim at Reese is labelled "Threat to Asset" by the Machine. (Side note: Reese himself has used the term to refer to Carter and Fusco, but as far as I 've noticed the Machine hasn't applied that designation to any beyond him.)

Also, Root had apparently figured out something of how the Machine works even beyond the hit on herself, as she never let it see or hear her put Finch in danger--she kept the gun in front of her (back to the camera) and kept her voice singsong and her words innocuous. Even killing Alicia would not have necessarily triggered an alert within the Machine that Finch was in danger, as Alicia had, after all, gotten in the car threatening Finch. It was only when Reese told it that Finch was in danger did it go into contingency mode ("Error: Continuity of Operations Compromised. Evaluating Options.") and call Reese.

I agree--telling the Machine (instead of asking) is awesome and in perfect character for Reese. :)

Still impressed that Reese TOLD the Machine it was going to help get Finch back.....he didn't ASK if for help.......he TOLD it............

now, how will 3-4 months pass without POI? this show was the best of all for the season 2012.. period.

and though I very, very much love the appearance of Zoe every once in a while, I would love to see other persons of interest helping them too: like the judge whose son was kidnapped, or the lady lawyer who was in danger helping the wrongly accused inmate within a foster child scheme.. the guy reese took from FBI.. the lady from last week.. there are so many people owing to this team, I really would like them doing some payback..
What I really loved, though, was that they didn't stuff in every former POI and turn this into a Very Special Episode. It was just a very, very intense episode with additional twists. I love the continuity, and also that we see Reese has developed a real loyalty - dare I say friendship? - with Finch.

One question though -- wouldn't the FBI now be putting a clear photo of Reese out on every darn news station and BOLO and milk carton in order to nab him? That was one HELL of a giant task force. It seems they could now do some facial recognition and dig up his service record eventually. Ive liked the fact that we didn't get a huge info dump once Carter read his record, so that they can continue pacing out the different reveals.

dam I didn't realize it was the finale, it was that simple and classic :D

one of the best shows ever, hats off to Jonathan Nolan and JJ Abrams
greatest show
BEST EPISODE OF THE SEASON.
CBS will rebroadcast episode 1.12 "Legacy' tongiht @9pm ET,

then 1.13 "Root Cause" next week 5/31 9pm ET.

I love watching reruns to look for the clues or backstories I missed. Yep, even a rerun of POI beats all other shows out there. :)
Best new show, great season, awesome season finale. The writing and directing were first rate. I loved the way they simultaneously showed Reese and all of his pursuers on the police monitors. As someone here said: "I miss Finch and Reese already."
@timsurette, is this info correct? " A knock on Finch's car window and BAM! Alicia was shot in the brain. Shot by Turing... or should we say Root, our old hacker friend from many, many episodes ago who we knew would spring up again. This big twist was very reminiscent of the time Reese was unknowingly protecting Elias, and though I should have known better, I fell for it. Rootget thisput the hit on herself in order to draw out Reese and, more specifically, get to Finch." Cause it's Turing (Amy Acker) who shot Alicia and not Root", our old hacker friend (Paige Turco), unless I'm reading this wrong.
The identity of Root was not revealed until the finale as Turing. Many viewers speculated that Zoe was Root, but that was pretty much conjecture. Many other fans were convinced it was not Zoe--and now we know (as much as we can "know" anything on POI) that it was Turing.
Well, Turning (Amy Acker) and Root turn out to be the same person. In other words Root created "Caroline Turning" and got herself in danger to get to Finch because she knows about the machine and wants access to it. Hope that's what you were asking.
Great review......totally agree. But the best part of this review was the title: Lone Wolf Finds His Pack! LOVE it! Almost as much as I love POI & Mr Reese!

If this show was cancelled I would have bought a one way ticket to the CBS headquarters without ever intention of returning home... This cliffhanger is just as heavy and interesting as the one in John Doe imho.
BTW, what an awesome ending theme song.

What a show and what a mind blowing season finale! A Perfect 10 in my book. :D

I miss Reese and Finch already!
Three best finales of the season: POI, Mentalist and Supernatural.
Best new show of the year by far!
I want zoe to be a regular
awesome...wew icant wait the season 2 ^_^
Great season finale and of course the best review you have ever given to POI so far but you revealed everything!! So much for spoilers!!! Can't wait for Season 2!!!
best series ever
great season finale. Can't wait for next season.
I liked the scene in the car chase much more. When Reese started talking about trust. "I'm sitting in a car with a person who tried to kill me and a person who spent her last 6 months trying to lock me up"
Good job on tricking me out on who Root might be, dang! I thought Fusco and Carter in the bathroom was hilarious. I also liked where Reese spoke directly to a street camera, then the nearby public phone rang - chilling, yet cool!
This is what a season finale should be like. Can't wait for next season.
Sadly, I just can't take Amy Acker seriously as a villain. If she just shot a woman in the head right in front of me, I'd be more worried if she got blood on her shoes than about the poor woman bleeding out beside me. I would definitely be there to console her if the shooting was troubling her at all.
She does a fantastic job of playing unstable characters though, doesn't she? LOL.
One of the best finale ever. I was so worried half way through the season that some worthless wonder of a TV Exec would cancel the series, thank god they didn't. I just hate to think about how long we have to wait for season 2..
First off..great review!

Second, Damn that was a mighty fan finale! For all the reasons mentioned. It was thrilling and action packed while still being relatively simple. Which is ingenious and difficult to pull off but this show delivered. It always does. I don't think there has been a bad episode of POI including the pilot...and pilots can be weak. I was on the edge of my seat and rocking back and forth and my tv buddy and I were totally slapping and smacking each other repeatedly with the "Did you just see that's" and the "I KNEW its!" In between drooling over John Reese himself...because man that man is... Anways this show is just so bloody clever and well written that it blows my mind regularly.

I sort of knew twenty or so minutes in that Turning was Root...I just had a gut feeling, and yet it didn't deter me from enjoying every second of her reveal towards the end. It was a great moment. So many great moments. I loved that she psychoanalyzed Reese to pieces...literally called him out on all of his ways..and he found it amusing! I loved tha that with HR and the Feds coming down on him...he for the first time looked genuinely worried about things...I believed his concern which made it that more invigorating...heart palpitating, heart racing action despite the lack of actual action. Jim sold it. He always does.Finch and Carter guiding him through the labryinth was intense!

I can never respond to these things w/o giving kudos to Carter. I just can't. She's understated as a character and deserves some credit. She implicitly trusts John...she may not come out and say it but she does. It's all in her actions. She was all prepared to jump in feet first to help...even when she got held up and sidelined she didn't actually stay on the sidelines and that long due confrontation with Fusco...she was a total badass in those moments! I loved both their reaction to what was going on. I loved that it didn't interfere with them handling things in an orderly fashion. And I love that they joined forces and set out to help John. It's like the freaking A-team! the possibilities that can come next season with all of them in the know now. And the witticisms that will be exchanged in the process...already has me jumping in my seat. Carter started off suspicious of Fusco...then there was a healthy dose of respect for him having her back the way that he did...because even though he had orders from John he still seemed genuinely loyal to Carter...they had a nice repoire. Then she went back to being suspicious of them and now..finally, it looks like their partnership can thrive again and I look forward to it. I love the respect and reverence amongst Carter and the boys. I also love that Zoe gets in on the action as well. Not a regular but a recurring asset of theirs...that's a kickass team. Given the new predicament with Finch being taken...I have no doubt that Reese and co. will join forces yet again to get him back. But that last reveal....made me shiver. It's already quite intriguing and scary the the machine almost comes across as a living and breathing entity of it's own...so who is behind the phonecall? That was a fantastic finale. No doubt about it.
Such a great show, in the company of SOA, BB

Why do we put up with the rest of the crap?
Excellent episide, can't wait until next season.
Great show. Totally awesome episode
I really love this show. I usually don't get this exited for television, but since I started watching Person of Interest i became hooked and its incredible that i found myself wishing it was Thursday again every week! now that the season is over I'm kind of like "oh my god what do I do now?!?" ha-ha its crazy. I feel I cannot wait but it's going to be worth it; this season finale was absolutely positively without a single hint of doubt the best!

I loved Reese talking to the machine and asking it to help him get Finch back... then the phone rings, Reese answers it (suspenseful machine theme music) it goes black...omg i was dead for three seconds lol. also have to mention my emotions were all twisted I didn't know weather to laugh, cry, or what? From Reese almost getting caught; funny Reese one liners; funny fusco and carter finding about each other; and finch getting captured and Reese looking distressed. A lot to take in one watch. Well next season can't come any sooner. thanks to everyone involved in that show (specially the great James Caviezel, and Michael Emerson) please keep up the excellent work!!! hughs ^_^
Reese didn't ASK the Machine to help get Finch back...........he TOLD the Machine it was going to help get him back.................big difference..........

Reese's relationship with The Machine will be quite interesting next season.
POI EOS is the best EOS this year! Some other shows are very good (haven't finished watching them all...:-( sigh) but this one was extraordinary! The rhythm was perfect, the delivery impeccable! Everything came together like a master tapestry...

Can't get enough of POI, can't wait for the DVDs so I can go over every piece of dialogue between Reese & Finch... who by the way have an amazing bromance going on LOL!
Excellent episode. I love Person of Interest. Can't wait till the dvd comes out so I can relive all the awesomeness that is Resse and Finch.
ChancseR brought an interesting point in his/her comment below:

"Why a pay phone? How old fashioned with such a technological show."

That convinced me that the Machine called the pay phone and not someone.

The Machine is connected to the wired system (cameras, phones, computers). Finch always received his numbers on the computer not on his cell. Finch also said to Nathan, at one point, that the Machine learns by itself.

Yep, It should be a great second season!
We don't know what information was given to Finch when he answered the pay phone. In the previous episodes Finch just tells Reese the Machine has given us a new number(s) and the show begins so how Finch receives the numbers is still a mystery. When Root hacked Finch's personal computers Finch had to use the wireless Internet at the public library and Reese called him on it saying even with the computers off line you got a number? The cell phones of today are computers so the Machine could easily have reached Reese via cell phone. The Machine maybe connected to a wired system but it has access to wireless networks as well. The camera Reese and Finch used might be the key to access the Machine/person if they are directly connected and monitor that one camera specifically, guess we will have to wait and see......
Okay, so this show has done all kinds of FANTASTIC with casting. From "Breaking Bad"'s Gale as the judge, to Zoe, to (and I don't think that I've kept this a secret thus far) Enrico Colantoni (!!!!!!!!!!) as Elias (who is absolutely CERTAIN to be back a bunch), but to bring another favourite of mine, the beautiful Amy Acker, in as root? I cannot like this show enough times. And the computer continuing to take shape? Is happening SOOO well. I cannot more strongly echo Tim's praise for this show's pacing. Absolutely professionally done (like Reese's shooting in the kneecaps).

-Reese is equal parts hilarious, awesome, gangster, and simple gentleman. Too much of him, I cannot get.

-I believe that I've already covered this.

-Never doubt the nerdy schoolboy love/hate crush relationship with a hot woman who is FUNNY and just may be smarter than him. Never.
I know! The casting is incredible. Not too many shows pull off the great casting but they do...

Reese is a walking and whispering conundrum...and I love that about him! He's equal parts of everything which makes him this multifaceted and truly fascinating character that holds my attention everytime he's onscreen...and you know, I may also have a crush on Jim as well. LOL
how is this show not on tv.com's most popular show top 10 list??
Adam Sandberg impersonating Nicolas Cage talking about POI:"How am I NOT in this show?!"
We need more shows like this. Period.
Best Drama on TV, Period!!!!
At the end of the episode didn't it say "Stay tuned for scenes from the next episode". Totally made me excited that it wasn't the finale.... Cruel, cruel cruel cruel.
How cool would it have been when Caroline Turing asked if Reese wanted something to drink, he responded "Whiskey would be fine" instead of water.

Then again might have given the game away.
One word to describe this season finale: AMAZING! I never, never, never saw Touring as Root! Not for one second! I really thought it was Alicia that was the one jerking Finch and Reese's chains too. Then out of nowhere, after Alicia says that she's just been following Finch, BAM!!! In comes Touring as Root!! I swear my heart nearly skipped 10 beats in that one moment cause WOW!! When I also saw the computer breaking down, I literally screamed "OMG, OMG, she's the hacker girl, ROOT!" Heck yeah! Now that's the kind of surprises I like in my season finales.

Well done, POI, well done!!!
OK. First of all .... BEST EPISODE of the BEST SHOW ON TV - PERIOD!!!!

Whew. Now that I've gotten that off my chest ....

This episode was like a roller-coaster, but, like, in my own apartment ... which, let me tell you, the landlady may have issues with. Anyway, here's the thing. I've got questions .. and it'd be nice if someone could give me the answers. Capisce? OK, here we go ....

1. Why, oh WHY isn't there more security on Finch and Reece's Batcave? How could someone - ANYONE - just surveil Finch and the building, and then just break a lock and wave a magic "defeat-the-keypad" thingy to get into the Cave??? I mean, we have the guy who BUILT THE MACHINE, and then we have another guy who MAY BE THE ONLY HUMAN ALIVE WHO CAN OUT-JACK BAUER JACK BAUER HIMSELF .... and they can't seal this place up any better?

(2) The lady who was shot in the head in Finch's car - why wasn't there more blood spatter; both inside the car, and on the ground, once Reece arrived on the scene? I've watched enough CSI to know that was a strange anomaly! Get me Ted Danson - stat!

(3) Why hasn't Finch hired Zoe full time to join the POI Justice League already??? This woman is cool, smart, gutsy, and drop-dead beautiful - all traits I myself look for in a future wife, mind you ... but I'm perfectly willing to loan Zoe out to the team - as long as Reece remembers the "bros before hoes" rule. (And, yes, I'm aware that last wasn't exactly PC - but it was the best explanation, so sue me!)

(4) How did Turning know that, by hiring HR to kill her, that would notify the Machine and draw Finch/Reece out into the open? What exactly is her connection to the Machine, in terms of what she knows about how it operates? Has she been connected to it before ... or is she just so smart (at least on Finch's level) that she was able to deduce its' existence?

(5) And finally .... given what happened with Reece, the camera, and the pay phone call at the end, is it reasonable to now say that the Machine is also the world's most advanced AI intelligence? If so, DOES it think on its' own .. decide on its' own ... and do whatever else AI's do? And, if so - is it a good AI ... or a bad one, like SkyNet?

Thoughts?
1. They don't need to: the machine is not there. Finch accesses it remotely from there.

2. Hollow point bullet maybe... no exit wound = less blood.

3,4, and 5, you're already at the end of season 2!

Man, are you gonna suffer this summer... :)

Well, there is always "Breaking Bad" and "SoA" to keep us happy 'til then.
Interesting ... but a little bit off, I think. I know that Finch accesses the Machine remotely; that was obvious from the start. What I mean is ... if you're a part of a team made up of people who are supposed to be dead - and you're doing something that - in some quarters - would buy you a ticket to Guantanamo Bay ... you'd want to secure your base of operations a LOT. That means, entry and exit through concealed paths, high-tech security and surveillance (like, why weren't Finch's and Reece's phones tied into hidden cameras throughout their base - along with motion detection and other warning devices? It's what I'D do!), and generally keeping the place as hidden as possible from as many forms of detection as possible.

Hollow-point bullets cause blood loss, too .... the bullet fractures have been known to exit the body (grotesque), depending on entry and velocity of the bullet.

Yeah, I know I'm going to suffer this summer - it's what I get for having enjoyed "24" so much .... all other shows are compared to it, and to JB himself in terms of heroes. POI is the closest anyone's ever come - and it's based on a very cool concept. Don't worry, though ... I'll hang on.
More +
Buying a lot of high tech surveillance equipment is a very good way to get noticed by some three letters agencies...

And, I'm not an expert on firearms but I can see that what she is holding is a small caliber: probably a .22 which doesn't leave a lot of blood around.
Reese=Batman

Finch=Robin

Carter= Commissioner Gordon

Zoe= Catwoman

Fusco ?
Somebody pointed out to me that there is almost no humour whatsoever in Batman... whereas sometimes I LOL with #POI and then gasp! Now THAT is quite something! I might get some hate here but I believe Reese is much better than Batman! ;-)
Fusco = Harvey Bullock
Excellent! You're absolutely right! LOL
I think I see Finch as more the Alfred type...
No way ... Finch is his own man; and this partnership was started by Finch, not Reece - remember WHO hired WHOM? Finch is an incredibly intelligent human being; Alfred has lots of qualities, but I don't think he comes to mind as a Brainiac sort (nothing against Alfred).
I definitely wasn't thinking that deep. He just has a more prim and proper attitude about him. "Professor" is not how you would describe the Boy Wonder. It's not supposed to be a literal casting. Finch is not a servant and is the one with the money, I know that. I just didn't agree with him being Robin.
FANTASTIC SEASON FINALE!!!... Kept me on the edge of my seat!
Graet series all together!
One of my favorite lines was between Reese and Root, then not yet known as Root.

Is this gonna give me some adrenalin boost or something, when he handed her the chocolate. And that Reese's reaction.

"No, but they taste good"
"I guess this means Finch's schoolboy crush on hacker Root is over? Or does this make it even more intense?"

She's too hot... no way he'd give that up. haha
Excellent Excellent episode! One of the best of the season for sure. I too should have seen it coming that Amy Acker was the bad guy, since she is so good at being the unsuspecting evil one, but I didn't see it coming either. Also, I had completely forgotten about Root. I was too caught up in everything else going on in, and like you say they didn't make a big deal out of the season finale, which is what added to making it so good. My favorite line by far was Reese's "we should all grab a drink sometime...my treat." It had so much of the normalacy-under-fire that we've come to expect from Reese. The whole scene of Carter and Fusco driving while Reese sits in the backseat was great. He was just sitting hanging out while they sped away from HR like this was a typical Thursday afternoon for him. I also loved Fusco's description of of Finch, it was exactly spot on. It's exactly what the average person who saw Finch walking on the street would say. Lastly, I have doubted the validity of Nathan Ingram's death for some time, but the final moments of the season finale served to heighten my interest and suspicions even more. Can't wait for season 2, it's going to be a long couple of months :-)
A very excellent finish to an overly-awesome season. As a starter, this show has gone above and beyond -- awesome scripting, casting, and acting; no exceptions. The ending was particularly poignant, with the machine seeming to think for a minute what the best options are, and Reese taking charge and telling THE MACHINE what to do instead of waiting to be told. Very, very well done.

I hope season two comes soon and keeps up the same pace.
Fantastically superb season finale!!!

I can't wait until season 2. My problem is what, or who, is on the other end of the phone in the final scene. If the Machine only gives out social security numbers Finch must have a great memory, as in the previous episode, his call from the Machine was very short in length. What number or info. will the machine give Reese to find Finch. Why a pay phone? How old fashioned with such a technological show.

Well done POI until next season.......
Neo is on the other side
Awesome episode, although I don't know how most people didn't pick up on Turing not being legit sooner. I didn't immediately pick her as "root", but it was obvious nearly immediately she wasn't who she appeared to be.

The one and only downside of this episode is I'm really disappointed they shot Alicia Corwin. I was hoping that somehow she wasn't dead and would be season 2, but a shot in head pretty much ends that.
Yeah, seems like a waste to bring her back, open a can of worms, then off her like that.
was a pretty abrupt demise for alicia but she'll probably show up in flashbacks. i enjoy seeing her terrified lol
Load More Comments