Post-Upfronts Analysis: Here's Your Fall 2013 TV Schedule, Day by Day

You've already seen the fall schedules for ABC, CBS, The CW, Fox, and NBC and made all your judgy judgments on a network-by-network basis, but once you slap them all together, that's a whole new beast. Networks don't just try to fit everything together in a way that works for them, they have their rivals to think about, and the wrong move—one that, say, puts Happy Endings up against New Girl, for example—can result in ratings disaster. Below, we've assembled a day-by-look at the overall schedule for fall 2013 to compare what goes against what, and made a few predictions with regard to how things will shake out.

MONDAY

Sure, there are plenty of new shows here, but structurally, Monday nights in the fall of 2013 will be very similar to what they were in the fall of 2012, which makes for some very boring analysis. NBC will win Mondays again thanks to The Voice, no doubt about that. And CBS's comedies are so interchangeable that viewers might not even notice there are any new ones in the network's Monday lineup, with the exception of the single-camera and laugh-track-free We Are Men; there shouldn't be much change there, either. Everyone knows Dancing With the Stars is dying, especially ABC, so the show has been cut down to one night a week—and it will probably continue to slide, assuming the cast is just another bunch of low-rent "celebrities." The real wild card here is Fox, which has its best-looking Monday entry in a long time (LOL @ Alcatraz and Terra Nova) in Almost Human. However, it seems like Fox is betting way too heavily on the ridiculous-sounding Sleepy Hollow, and if the Ichabod Crane drama can't support the first half of the fall, it may kill the network's Mondays before Almost Human even airs. And sorry Beasties, but The CW is giving up on Mondays, matching up two shows that are both bound to suffer before being unceremoniously canceled by the end of the year. The 10pm hour is an interesting one: ABC's established darling Castle goes head-to-head against prized new dramas at CBS and NBC (Hostages and The Blacklist respectively). My guess is that The Voice lead-in should work well for The Blacklist initially with NBC touting its next HUGE hit, but by December, the audience will already be fleeing. Meanwhile, Castle will hold steady, and Hostages will perform okay but ultimately not good enough to be CBS's next big series.

TUESDAY

This is where things gets interesting. ABC is ALL NEW, CBS has culled together a '61 Yankees-style murderers row, NBC still has The Voice, and even The CW is giving the night a serious run. But let's be honest: CBS will win big. Its trio represents television's top three dramas, viewership-wise. It's odd that ABC would post its most prized new possession Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. against the number-one show in the universe (NCIS still rakes in 20-plus million viewers a week), but what do I know, I'm just a guy with common sense. I also have an issue with ABC not learning its lesson with 9pm comedies, though at least S.H.I.E.L.D. should be a decent lead-in for them. And though I want Lucky 7 to succeed, doesn't sound like another high-concept ABC drama that fails? I appreciate ABC's all-new gamble, but I think it will backfire. Don't even get me started on the horrible-looking Dads, which will put Fox in an awkward position of canceling a Seth MacFarlane show very early. The multi-camera awfulness of Dads won't do any favors for Brooklyn Nine-Nine, which should've been paired with the demographically similar Enlisted. Basically, the 8pm hour looks like a disaster for Fox; like anyone is going to watch half of a drama on one of the other networks (because NO one is watching Dads) and then tune into Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Normally, The CW is impervious to the rest of the schedule, but surely S.H.I.E.L.D. and The Originals will share some viewers, which could spell doom for the young Vampire Diaries spinoff. And though we're not supposed to talk about cable here, one has to guess that FX's Sons of Anarchy could have an effect in the 10pm hour. This is the night your DVR has trained for.

WEDNESDAY

After the wealth of television on Tuesday, Wednesdays get decidedly boring (personal opinion, of course). In fact, there's not much difference from 2012. NBC moving Revolution to Wednesdays at 8pm is basically the death blow for the series. Remember, Revolution sucked off the teet of The Voice in Season 1, and its ratings dropped precipitously after its midseason break. If it makes it to a third season, it will say more about the state of NBC than the show itself. Every other network should remain steady for the night, with the exception of NBC at 10pm. How many episodes are we giving Ironside, starring Blair Underwood as a wheelchair-bound detective... six? Wednesdays are someone's for the taking, but The Voice logjam on Mondays and Tuesdays will keep Fox from moving The X Factor and programming something better here, CBS is too busy keeping its boot on the others on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and ABC is struggling to find comedies to work around Modern Family

THURSDAY

What in the world is NBC doing? Or rather, how could CBS be so cruel? No matter how you slice it, NBC has marched Parks and Recreation right out in front of the firing squad, and the nerds from The Big Bang Theory are holding the guns. NBC knew Big Bang was going to be at 8pm, yet it put veteran Parks there anyway in its attempt to make good on its "broad comedy" promise. It's too late for NBC to salvage Thursdays, though. CBS was really sneaky here, expanding its own VERY broad comedy block to two hours and squatting over NBC's long-lived "must-see TV" block. Thursday, 2013... the day NBC died. What's interesting about the night's comedy offerings is that, regardless of whether you're a multi-cam fan or a single-cam snob, you can watch four of each format in a row by switching channels at 9pm and then back again at 9:30pm. ABC finally has a formidable Thursday night again thanks to Scandal, which is ON FIRE and is probably doing more for Grey's Anatomy than Grey's Anatomy is doing for Scandal. 8pm is still a question mark for ABC, but Once Upon a Time in Wonderland is a better show for that hour than last year's excellent-but-misplaced Last Resort. Fox is just Fox, and it'll be better off when it stops kowtowing to Simon Cowell. It's time for some of those limited-run event series, Fox! Once again, very little CW discussion here, except to wonder out loud whether Wonderland will impact The Vampire Diaries

FRIDAY

Friday is almost nothing but garbage; CBS and NBC are the only networks really making an effort (with Fox picking it up in late fall), the former because it has way too many shows and its audience doesn't go out on Fridays anyway, and the latter going for a genre night. I thought NBC might reward Grimm with a promotion, but keeping it on Fridays makes sense, and it could even thrive without similar competition. Dracula following Grimm works for me, too, but I thought Jonathan Rhys-Meyers as the famous fanged one would earn a better time slot. I don't think Raising Hope or Enlisted are long for Fridays; one or both could get bumped up to replace Dads before their scheduled late-fall debuts. And who woulda figured Fridays were good for reality television? There are four hours of reality here, plus two hours of news-y programming. At least give stay-at-homers a reason to think they're going out with some more exciting shows here. Kids cooking while Gordon Ramsay makes 'em cry? Whaaaaaat?

SUNDAY

Homeland!!! But for those of you without Showtime, it's more of the same. In fact, except for one new show, ABC's Betrayal, it's exactly the same. NBC will continue to dominate with football, and the other networks are smart enough to know there's no sense in competing against that, so they're going after the non-football crowd. ABC stays feminine and plugs in the soapy Betrayal, a better fit than 666 Park Avenue was. CBS spends the evening appealing to a different kind of competitor, then to strong women and drama snobs, then to housewives who like Simon Baker's smile. And Fox has aired The Simpsons on Sundays for longer than this year's college graduates have been alive. NBC's smartest move may be how it's planning to stack Sundays in the midseason once football ends, with J.J. Abrams' Believe and conspiracy thriller Crisis looking to hold the male audience come the spring.

Upfronts 2013 HQ:
New Shows, Network Schedules, Video Previews, and More

My schedule
Mondays- 2 Broke Girls Sleepy Hollow & Hostages
Tuesdays- NCIS LA & Chicago Fire
Wednesdays- Survivior Nashville & Revolution
Thursdays- 2.5 Men
Fridays- Last Man Standing Dracula & Hawaii Five-O
Sundays- Revenge
No word on Mike & Molly yet but if a new CBS show tanks and they bring it back ill be watching not to mention a ton of other shows on basic cable.
Waiting for scheduling confirmation for: Gang Related, Mixology, Star Crossed, The 100, 24, Wayward Pines (maybe need trailer).

New shows *

MONDAY: *Almost Human, *Sleepy Hallow, *Blacklist, *Hostages (maybe), *Intelligence
TUESDAY: *Shield, *Brooklyn 99, Supernatural, *Goldbergs, PoI
WEDNESDAY: Arrow, *The Tomorrow People
THURSDAY: *Wonderland (maybe), *The Millers, *MJF
FRIDAY: *Dracula, *Crossbones (maybe need trailer)
SUNDAY: *Believe (maybe need trailer), *Crisis (maybe need trailer)
I forget about Nikita (think midseason)
at the moment
****ONCE UPON A TIME WONDERLAND****
NBC
Chicago Fire
Revolution
Parenthood
?????*******DRACULA, IRONSIDE******??????
Now NBC has some midseason show that are interesting two that caught my eye
CRISIS AND CHCAGO PD

FOX
Bones
The Following(mid season)

The CW
Hart of Dixie
Beauty and the Beast
Supernatural
Arrow
The Vampire Diaries
*****Originals***
???? REIGN THE TOMORROW PEOPLE?????

now for basic cable
Hell on Wheels AMC
Son's on Anarchy FX
plus I have a shit load od summer shows that might leak into the fall season

The Fosters, PLL, Switched at Birth, Twisted, IRT, Continuum, Falling Skies, Major Crimes, Burn Notice, Necessary Roughness, Big Brother, Motive Mistress Unforgettable SYTYCD

Warehouse 13 Defiance Orphan Black, Game of Thrones The Borgia's and Being Human(uk) all will end
Thank goodness for PVRs.
My 2013 (light) Schedule:
Sunday: Revenge
Monday: HIMYM, The Blacklist
Tuesday: New Girl, Person of Interest
Wednesday: Modern Family, American Horror Story, South Park
Thursday: Crazy Ones, Elementary
Any more suggestions?
my shows by day...starting with Sunday. with 5 new shows i might watch.

Simpsons

Big Bang Theory
Parks & Recreation
Grey's Anatomy

Nikita - last season
Hawaii 5-0

Doctor Who
Torchwood if it ever comes back on
man i missed ALMOST HUMAN on fox. will record that too.
what about Girl Meets World???
need more Topenga!
i will record the first few eps of any new shows that look interesting, but will wait 3 or 4 eps in to watch just in case they get the AXE (if enough DVR space)
BLACKLIST
SHIELD
INTELLIGENCE
BROOKLYN NINE-NINE

all look pretty cool to me. thats about it though. maybe HOSTAGES too.

i try not to watch any new shows since most of the ones i like usually get canned, but some of the ones this season look too good to pass up
Ok, my basic estimate is 20 good shows, not knowing the new ones!
Cable really makes TV worth watching, why networks cant get on the train is beside me, but of course its content, some stuff they just cant show, but, why does the quality suffer sooooo?
For us abroad, thank god for torrents!!!!!!
Like are people voting for who they think will win their TV's I'm guessing cause if people are doing these by ratings it kinda hilarious. Anyway I think ABC has the most interesting schedule and shows and the most potential to grow along with CBS. Some of the NBC and Fox decisions look kinda stupid to me and I think they'll regret it in retrospect.
I bet ABC and CBS will do good they usually do. Where's parenthood? I thought that got renewed..
moved Parenthood to Thursday 10pm , Chicago Fire to Tuesday 10pm and Revolution to Wednesday at 8 which I don't understand
There's always the internet for shows that doesn't fit the schedule.
Man, seriously, just look at that schedule. CBS is on FIRE!! Honestly, it has some of THE best TV shows ever.

Poor NBC. Still can't believe they cancelled Go On. What a poor, devastating choice.
Tuesday just went from "that day CBS always wins because NCIS has absolutely no competition from any other network" to "that day CBS always wins even though NCIS is up against a shocking amount of potentially decent programming." The Originals and S.H.I.E.L.D. both have a lot of potential, as does Brooklyn Nine-Nine. CBS solidifies its hold on Tuesday by adding in Person of Interest; for years they've been throwing crappy new shows in that 10 PM slot hoping that their NCIS/LA viewers will fall asleep with the tv on but now they've got a show people will actually watch by choice. All that plus Supernatural makes it a very interesting night.
Monday:
Definitely- HIMYM, The Voice, and Hostages
Will try- We Are Men, Mom, Blacklist, Almost Human, and Sleepy Hollow
Tuesday:
Definitely- SHIELD
Will try- Lucky 7, Dads, and Brooklyn 9-9
Wednesday:
Definitely- Revolution and SVU
Will try- Super Fun Night and The Tomorrow People
Thursday:
Definitely- OUAT In Wonderland, The Crazy Ones, and 2.5 Men
Will try- The Millers, Welcome To The Family, Sean Saves The World, and The MJF Show
Friday:
Will try- Dracula
Sunday:
Definitely- OUAT, Revenge, and Family Guy
Will try: Betrayal
Monday: How I met Your Mother, Almost Human, and may check out Blacklist, and Sleepy Hollow.
Tuesday: Agents of SHIELD, B99, New Girl, Mindy Project, and may give ABC's new comedies a try on the DVR.
Wednesday: Survivor, and Nashville
Thursday: OUAT in Wonderland(ABCs best shot to get a surviving show in the death slot), Parks, Crazy Ones, and MJF show, Elementary, and Parenthood.
Friday:H5O, Junior Masterchef(if Good), may try Enlisted.
Sunday: OUAT, and cable.
I really hope Parenthood doesn't get cancelled because of NBC's stupidity. I love that show but I absolutely have to watch Scandal live. There's no getting around that. They should put it at 9PM instead, right between VD and Scandal, instead of whatever new crap comedies they have then.
Mondays: 8PM-The Voice, 10PM- Bates Motel if it keeps its same schedule
Tuesday: 8PM-The Originals, 9PM-New girl, 9.30PM... a look at ABC the rest of the night.
Wednesdays: 8PM- The Middle, 9PM- The Tomorrow people
Thursdays: 8PM- The Vampire Diaries, 9PM- Reign, 10PM- Scandal
Friday: 8PM- Junior Master Chef, 9PM- Sleepy Hollow, 10PM- Dracula
Sunday: ABC all night.

Wow. I need a life.
Is it bad that I don't even consider the CW a network? I just think of them as a random conglomeration of random shows that occasionally manages to produce something good that I still don't watch because something better is on at the same time on a better network.
I predict that CBS will continue to do well and ABC and FOX will be somewhere between CBS and NBC, which will continue to be somewhere near the bottom.
CW is a network actually its better than NBC
I would disagree with that. At least NBC's target audience is more than just tweens, teens, and 20 somethings. Even if their actual programming is about the same.
well that might be the case!!! but I watch CSI Grey's Revenge, Arrow, Pretty Little Liars, Defiance GOT Survivor TAR Big Brother and I am 47 target audience is one thing, who is actually watching is another!!!! one more opinion I would also rank the CW over Fox take away Idol and Fox is nothing Bones is carrying them IMO so If I had to rank the networks ABC and CBS are very close, then CW and Fox and NBC are fighting to stay out of the bottom
I watch CSI and Revenge, but none of the others you mentioned. You are correct though, sometimes target audience is one thing but who actually watches is another. Jeff Eastin, the creator of Burn Notice and White Collar said when he was creating Burn Notice he was aiming to get more of the middle aged crowd but people of all ages watch it. As for ranking of networks, I would say CBS is at the top, then ABC, then FOX, then NBC, then the CW.
I don't understand why NBC doesn't put some cheap talent show on at 8pm Thursday. Also, is there still no news about Hannibal? I want them to renew that SO BAD. lol
Actually, I doubt Hart of Dixie will be cancelled. It has low, but stable ratings. They renewed it for season 3 and we all know what season 4 means. Syndication. So unless it suddenly crashes and burns in this new time-slot (not any worse than it's last one), it's safe.
Seems like a lot of these days are going to have their thunder stolen by cable shows, which aren't factored in right now.

Monday is CBS's night, although I do think ABC will hold the line with Castle at 10pm.

Tuesday is a very challenging night to call, I'll say ABC and CBS shoot it out hard until one shows signs of weakness (and I bet it'll be the genre-heavier show), the 9pm slot seems soft but I'll guess CBS and Fox shoot it out with Fox slipping again, and 10pm is all CBS. So Tuesday gets the CBS vote by appearing strong in every slot.

Wednesday, first off I think Ironside will get 9 episodes and then moved, burning off the others on weekends or something. But I'll say the first 2 hours are ABC and maybe even a rattle from The CW (aww, that's cute, The CW's ratings are so much lower and 2 genre shows are riskiest of all), while CBS and ABC will fight it out over 10pm. ABC gets my vote here, although technically I think The X Factor will be a ratings shootout with with the other nets week after week.

Thursday looks like it'll belong to CBS overall, with female and family and teen ratings being split off among the others.

Friday will be another CBS victory, a quiet one because nobody cares about Fridays, but NBC can't hope to win the night with both a Dateline lead-in and a new show follow-through. ABC will be losing The Neighbors quickly, it's too expensive for that deathslot.

Sunday is probably a Fox night in key demo and CBS in overall viewers, just like last year. ABC runs second in both key demo and overall viewers, so there's a vast disconnect between Fox and CBS, makes it hard to call a winner, but I'll say overall viewers trumps all and CBS comes up on top.
NBC has finally found a way to kill two of the best shows on tv with no regrets: Parks&Recs and Parenthood.
Congratulations, as always
That is NBC's strongest show of the night, what else could they do?
(Parks & Rec, I mean. Parenthood was just NBC shifting their Thursday aim to family-focused content all the way.)
I am going to continue with the shows I already watch, I am going to wait to watch any of the new shows until they last at least a second season. I am getting tired of watching a quality show just to have it canceled after one season.
You know, it's a good thought, and if everyone did that it could just work, but they won't and I feel you. I gave up on Grimm early but I may go back and take up where I left off one day because many on here think it's great and you can't argue with success - and I didn't hate it. I fear SoA has lost me as I didn't finish the previous season yet and when I look at it on there I usually go to my Fringe re-watch instead. I'm not sure what it is, I guess the previous season made it seem over to me. This new season overall looks better than last but why is Parks & Rec taking on TBBT - suicide is painless they say, oh well. Time will tell and the dead pool looks easy - as always - but I'll probably tank it again. It's fun to see how bad we are at predicting America's tastes because good or bad each show has a chance. I liked Made in Jersey and watched all eight, but it got axed halfway through episode one over the phone, I'm sure, on high school football night across the nation. But some things look bright for 2013-2014 and I'm glad Scandal is on fire! The Miller's looks best to me and shoring up TBBT as owners of "The Death Slot" I wouldn't bet against Margo Martindale and Beau Bridges but bye bye Parks and Rec, we hardly knew ye...
More +
If you're going to compare CBS Tuesday night to the Yankees at least get it right. "Murderers row" was the 27 Yankees. Get it right
I was going to say that but the 61ers were a close second, so we forgive you, Tim - just watch it...
I'm not even a Yankee fan. Anyone who's seen The Sandlot knows that
Yeah!!!!!
Just How I met your mother and Shield for me. Oh, and Legend of Korra, but TLOK still doesn't have release date, it might air next winter for all we know.

I'm taking it "Intelligence" is midseason?

Monday: Almost Human, Sleepy Hollow, Hostages, Mom, The Blacklist.
Tuesday: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, New Girl.
Wednesday: Super Fun Night, CSI - Arrow and Criminal Minds are maybes.
Thursday: The Crazy Ones, The Michael J Fox Show, Parks & Rec, Grey's, Scandal, Elementary.
Friday: Dracula.
Sunday: The Good Wife, Bob's Burgers.

I'm glad everyday has something, although not all will survive obviously. Out of the new shows I'm most excited for Hostages, SHIELD, The Crazy Ones, The MJF Show and Dracula. The others I'm unsure of but I will give them a watch.
Here's what I'll be watching this fall:

Monday:
2 Broke Girls
Bones
I'll give Sleepy Hollow and the Blacklist a try, but think they'll both be one-season wonders.

Tuesday:
Pretty much all-CBS for me with NCIS, NCIS:LA, and of course PERSON OF INTEREST. However, I'll definitely be watching Marvel's Agents of Shield.

Wednesday:
Criminal Minds and Modern Family for me. I'll give the Tomorrow people a try. Kind of reminds me of the 4400.

Thursday:
My easy night. Just Big Bang Theory and Parks and Recreation are on my list. I'm definitely miffed that both air at the same time. Dammit NBC!!!

Friday:
Blue Bloods and Hawaii 5-0 from CBS, and of course, GRIMM from NBC.

Sunday:
One show only: Once Upon a Time. Nuff said.
I'm going out on a limb here but I'm quite sure those two broke girls would be toast on any other network. It's bathroom wall humor at best - they're both cute but so are a lot of other folks on TV, like that Rachel Bilson for example, and we need Mamie Gummer back, hell put her on Greys, she rocks...
Damn it, I wan't Happy Endings back! Funniest show on TV last season. ABC made a huge mistake there. Hopefully USA will pick it up. Other than that I will be looking forward to S.H.I.E.L.D, OUAT In Wonderland and Tomorrow People!
Actually, the funniest show on TV the past six seasons is TBBT. Don't take my word for it wishy-washy America has spoken on this one - Death Slot, DUH! But hey, Happy Endings was a keeper, though...
Since has ratings(viewers) ever been indicative to quality.
My point, exactly. Don't blame me, blame America. But I'm with them on this one. Funniest show on TV...
I actually miss laugh tracks when they're not there but I have no trouble tuning them out when they are. I been around quite a while, that's most probably why. But if you don't like it you don't like it, so that's cool...
It's the laugh track, their distracting and unnecessary, it takes away the enjoyment of the show.
So stop counting the damn cameras and just enjoy the show...
I'll have to disagree, but I hate most multi-cams.
CBS is obviously going to win it all next season. NBC is making awful choices, ABC questionable ones and we won't even talk about Fox. Still, Agents of SHIELD is making tuesdays look better.
If you're going to take on NCIS, that's the one to try it with. The strategy for Last Resort last year was a phenomenon I believe is real. Hollywood actually makes overly expensive shows with the idea that they will fail as a gamble. Lost, for instance was one. Cost too much, but if it takes off like a rocket we're in - if it doesn't, off with it's head. They won that one but Last Resort, not so much. That's why they never moved it. It didn't take off like a rocket and was too expensive to be an also-ran on Tuesday night at 10. Think about it, on network TV strategy is everything and CBS is the best at it right now...
Less CBS again for me this year, I am sick of them shoving crime procedural's down our throats. ABC has a few shows I am interested in this year, CBS only has two and NBC is usually my place for comedy and FOX (surprisingly) has two upcoming shows I am excited to see (yes people! the return of Jack!)
America's throats are there for the taking, deal with it...
I wish their gag reflex and spit them back out, the only shows that are worth checking out on CBS are some of their comedies (I hate TBBT and TAAHM)
Huh. You know, my week has 7 days, not just 6. Did the proofreader really not notice that you forgot Saturday?
We all did, unfortunately. Dr. Who is about it...
Networks don't schedule scripted TV shows on Saturdays. Because most people go out on a Saturday night. And you should too..
I've got a bad feeling about Hawaii Five-0 being aired same time as Grimm :| Damn, my two favourite shows at the same time! That's pure horror ;(
Get a DVR, you will survive...
Still, the decision what to watch ain't easy.
Actually, it is. If you like it watch it. That's what I do and it works like crazy...
I wish all the networks would do a better job than what they are doing right now. oh sure some days they give you what you want others you get nothing and then they have the nerve to cancel shows that won't cut it. they can't cut it because they (networks) won't bring there A game
MONDAY
Based on what I'll watch, I choose no winner. I'll give both The Blacklist and Sleepy Hollow a try, but I'm pessimistic about both. I gave up on Castle in the middle of this past season. There's a good chance I'll end up not watching anything on Mondays.

Ratings wise, I'll go with NBC first. The Voice is pretty much their one ratings hit, and I don't see any reason it should falter. ABC's DWTS + Castle combo might be a close second.

TUESDAY
I don't watch NCIS or its LA brother, but CBS is going to win quality and ratings wise. Sorry, New Girl and Shield, but uhhhh... PERSON OF INTEREST, bitches.

WEDNESDAY
Yikes, That's an ugly night. Ummmm, ratings I'll just shrug and give to... Fox? Maybe CBS? Based on what I'll watch, I guess CW. I'll definitely watch Arrow and give Tomorrow People a try, but I can't say the same for any other network's shows.

THURSDAY
Ratings and personal choice wise, I'll go with CBS... they at least have Elementary, TBBT, and possibly The Crazy Ones. Meh @ the other networks.

FRIDAY
I have no idea what the ratings are for those reality shows and I don't have much clue as to what Grimm or Hawaii Five-0 will get, and quality wise, I don't particularly find either Grimm or Hawaii Five-0 better than the other, so uhhh... tie?

SUNDAY
Oh, uh, GTFO. I guess NBC's midseason could be good,
I wish NBC and Fox were doing a better job of scheduling its comedies! The thing about TBBT is, that its one of the only comedies out there that you can repeat watch multiple times without feeling bored! Its the only comedy since Friends which does that! I've tried watching all of CBS, Fox, ABC and NBC comedies multiple times over the last few years and the only 2 I could watch were TBBT and Parks & Rec, and TBBT definitely went the longer distance. So to compete with it, networks need to find anything whose episodes don't sort of get too heavy or too crazy! Plus the characters on TBBT are equal amounts of like-able and unlike-able - like all the people on Friends as well!
TBBT is like Mike Tyson in his heyday. The other fighter's corner man had the white towel poised at the ready before the first bell rang because he was such a badass - probably the best fighter who ever lived at his best. Parks and Recs is good, but it's toast - move it now idiots...
A few shows also on my list are.
Doctor Who - Well be getting whatever they do for the 50th and the Christmas episode.
Haven - I can't wait for that show to come back.
Is Haven returning any time soon?
Still have two season four epi's to go for me, love this show...
Late summer/early fall of 2013. Same as last year, and they went into production last month.
Swell; the few new shows I had an interest in are airing against each other, and entire nights look barren. Thank goodness for Cartoon Network.
Where is suburgatory, Tim?! :l
It's supposed to replace whatever fails first. No, I don't like how ABC's been treating it lately either.
It'll be back soon something's bound to fail and this quirky show is a bit hit and miss. Fortunately more hit than miss...
Mondays:
NBC: Will win because of The Voice.
CBS: Final season of HIMYM will do well, along with 2 Broke Girls and somewhat the new comedies. This new drama also should do well.
ABC: Veteran Castle will help ABC's Mondays as much as it can.
Fox: 8:00 will do real well, but against dificult competition. 9:00 will totally fail.
CW: Failiure in the form of two returning shows.
Tuesdays:
CBS: Cannot not win! Even with competition from SHEILD, The Voice, and Chicago Fire, it will do amazing.
NBC: The Voice and Chicago Fire will do really well. Chicago Fire will sadly flatten Lucky 7 probably.
Fox: One hour of its two hours, 8:30-9:30, will do well. Dads will start out doing really well but then will fall, hard.
ABC: SHEILD will do well, but not the rest of the night, although I really want Lucky 7 to succeed.
CW: Probably The CW's best night of the week! One of its two new shows that I think will live to see a second season and one of their top shows.
Wednesdays:
CBS: Criminal Minds will have to compete against Modern Family and SVU, but I still think it will do well. CSI will completely and totally dominate 10:00.
ABC: What used to be ABC's big night will fall. It still has big hits The Middle and Modern Family, and it does have Nashville, and Super Fun Night does have some chance at success, but new comedy Back in the Game will be a failiure.
Fox: The X-Factor. Should at least beat NBC, especially in the first hour.
NBC: Revolution will fail away from The Voice. Ironside is really going to fail, especially up against Nashville, and way more especially, CSI. SVU is the network's one good hour on Wednesday.
CW: This should be among their better nights (unlike Monday and Friday)
Thursdays:
ABC: Will beat CBS! With major hits Grey's Anatomy and Scandal, and OUAT spin-off Once Upon a Time in Wonderland in the (soon to-be former) death-slot, ABC can beat CBS.
CBS: Will lose to ABC because of 8:30-9:30, specificly 8:30-9:00.
NBC: Real close between NBC and Fox. Sean Saves the World will flop, but Parks and Recreation should be able to start out the night well, and, even if The Micheal J Fox Show is horrible, it will maintain a large amount of veiwers through the fall. Also, I think that even in this slot, Parenthood will do well.
Fox: Real close between Fox and NBC. Nothing outstanding, yet nothing bad.
CW: This should be among their better nights, although Reign will be a mega-flop.
Fridays:
ABC: Will continue to win Friday, even though Malibu Country is gone and The Neighbors, which will flop horribly off of Wednesday, especially after LMS, is there. Real close night though.
CBS: CBS just does awesomeness. Real close night though.
NBC: Grimm does really well on Fridays and Grimm fans should also be Dracula fans. Realy close night.
Fox: Bones and Raising Hope should do well, but I think that Enlisted will flop. Friday's a close night.
CW: Failiure in the form of a returning show that will be very quickly canceled and a decreasing in popularity reality show.
Sundays:
NBC: People like football.
Fox: The Simpsons and Family Guy. And also American Dad.
CBS: The Mentalist will continue to succeed. The Good Wife will do pretty well.
ABC: OUAT does well, but Revenge has been falling, and Betrayal will flop.

Do you agree/disagree with what I said? Reply to tell me!
very good logic overall but IMO HART OF DIXIE AND BATB are better shows than people think ABC wins MON reason DWTS Tues its CBS hands down with CW being pretty strong but if the Originals is subpar that could affect SN Wed all CBS Thurs its ABC Friday CBS now IMO NBC made a big mistake my moving CHICAGO FIRE, PARENTHOOD REVOLUTION now but I will say I will be only tuning in to two new shows this fall,mid season CW's The Originals and ABC's OPAT Wonderland other than that the rest look week the CW"S Reign Tomorrow People are going to fail big time!!! also REVENGE IS NOT FALLING
The "Death Slot" is here to stay for a while, get used to it...
One thing that jumps out at me is, if all networks were equal in households, that Arrow could put up a great fight on Wednesdays. It's certainly better than Revolution. I like The Middle, but Arrow could beat it, particularly with the untested new Back in the Game to consider. X-Factor and Survivor, despite being reality shows, seem likely to be its main competition within that 18-49 age demo, but will probably lose in the overall ratings. So Arrow would get in a few good punches to remain standing with only its stamina in question to ultimately win the fight.

I doubt I'll be watching any of these shows "live" either, so it really makes no difference what and how the networks schedule anything anyway.
The biggest problem that SHIELD has is that it appeals to an audience that's use to downloading the episodes online whereas NCIS appeals to an audience that's use to watching shows on TV.
Correct. CBS's target Tuesday viewers think tv remotes and DVRs are newfangled contraptions not worth their time. I mean, why get up to change the channel when you can just watch MORE of that mediocre procedural? Maybe Person of Interest will get some new viewers if they can stay up that late.
I agree. This is a tough night for me because I would like to watch SHIELD, NCIS and The Originals!

I am one of those old geezers that faithfully watches NCIS, but I have to admit that I am really drawn to the lineup of The Originals followed by Supernatural, then flip the channel to POI .

Not sure how it will play out, but I would like SHIELD and The Originals to succeed.
Being a geezer myself I gave up on NCIS two years ago. I like the people but had enough of Gibbs smacking heads. I was in the Navy in Vietnam and they did this in boot camp but NEVER when when you graduated - unless the hitter didn't mind fat lips all the time. That's humiliating assault and I never liked it!
Shield, Supernatural, PoI for me.
I was really hoping that NBC would pick up The Sixth Gun but I guess you can't count on NBC doing anything right. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are officially my fave days of the week for TV viewing. Really excited for The Tomorrow People, Sleepy Hollow and The 100.
Monday:
- Almost Human
- How I Met Your Mother
- Sleepy Hollow
Not sure: Hostages, The Black List

Tuesday:
- Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- New Girl

- The Carrie Diaries
- The Neighbors

Sunday:
- Bob's Burgers
- Once Upon a Time
- Revenge
Not a lot of changes for me. I'm leery of new shows, and don't usually jump on the bandwagon until a few weeks in, if I've heard good things. I'll still probably spend the weekend catching up on shows I missed during the week with my DVR and On Demand. I'm hoping Ironside is better than you think. The original was a family favorite when I was young.
The biggest mistake the networks are doing is relying on an outdated ratings system to determine what stays or goes. I don't watch anything at the air time. I use a DVR to record the shows I want. And download the ones the DVR misses. To do it right they need to include all sources including the torrents. Watch how many seed/peer are on a torrent on the first day of upload and that will tell you more about a shows ratings than the outdated system.
Come September Neilsen are counting tweets of people who watch TV, so if you dont watch it live I believe they will count who tweet about the show
Time to make 100 million Firefly fan mimic accounts
The Nielsen ratings are not a tool to measure popularity, they're a tool for the advertisment industry to help determine the prices for the TV ads. And the advertisment industry doesn't care for people who watch the show and don't watch their ads. And why should they?
I can see them adding in the DVR numbers in the future but they will probably never look a torrent number because networks care about their target audience who will buy products for the commercials they can get people to pay for. People that torrent(such as myself) dont tend to watch commercials or buy much of anything if they can. That being said they probably just use some complicated formula biased on the cost of production vs the earning from commercials and syndication. And saying that an extra 1000000billion people downloaded their show without commercials doesn't bode well for the people that pay for commercials, it actually hurts it. The thing they care about isnt what you care about.
Watch List:
Friday:
Grimm, Dracula/Crossbones, Raising Hope
Saturday:
Doctor Who
Sundays:
Homeland, Got, Revenge

Next fall will be packed and this is just the 5 major networks, if you add in the cable and British shows its even worse. At least Thursday is sorta clear its probably going to be a catch up day. I'm hoping some of these new shows don't pass the 4 episode test or I'm not going to have any free time.

poor fox, once was a cool hip, groundbreaking, and risk-taker
now is obessed with reality-show sheganniang

guess i'll be switching to ABC to CBS to USA in the falls