Pretty Little Liars: The "UnmAsking"

Pretty Little Liars S02E25: "UnmAsked"

Wow. Who saw that coming?

Okay, a lot of you. I wasn’t totally shocked by the unmasking of “A” during Monday’s season finale of Pretty Little Liars, but it still caught me a bit off-guard. Actually, I had two very different reactions to the episode, which was definitely one of the most enjoyable all season. On the one hand, I thought it was well executed and thrilling; on the other hand, I don’t know if I really buy it.

Massive spoilers ahead. Read at your own discretion.

"UnmAsked" really was Pretty Little Liars at its finest. The build-up to the reveal of Mona as “A” was appropriately suspenseful. Like the Halloween episode, the finale delivered on the creepy factor: that motel, the Norman Bates wannabe, the lair where “A” did all her dirty work. The Psycho references were heavy-handed, to say the least, but they were also pretty fun. For those of us who appreciate soapy teen thrillers and Alfred Hitchcock, it was nice to see a little overlap.

Once Mona outed herself to Spencer, things got even darker. It was great to see “A” out in the open: Mona’s hooded sociopath persona was actually terrifying. And I appreciated how devastated Hanna was by the reveal—for most of the series, the liars have been focused on their “enemies,” like Jenna and Garrett. It was only recently, when they began to suspect Melissa, that they entertained the notion of a personal connection to “A.” Of course it had to be Hanna’s best friend. The poor girl suffers the most out of all of them.

Well, aside from Emily at the end of the finale—her breakdown at finding out Maya was dead broke my heart. I’m assuming the body really was Maya’s, in which case figuring out who killed her will likely be our next major mystery. There is still a lot left to be explained about Ali’s murder, but I’m fine with Pretty Little Liars stepping forward a bit. And it’s not as though these deaths aren’t connected. Next season could focus on discovering the connections between Maya and Alison.

But let’s back up a bit and start to pick this episode apart. Looking back on recent episodes, Mona as “A” makes sense, but I find it hard to believe this was planned from the get-go. Regardless of whatever silly explanation Dr. Sullivan gave about Mona’s mental state, it’s just not possible she did all of that. Now, I understand the whole “A” thing requires some major suspension of disbelief, but I do find it a little too convenient. Then again, it looks as though Mona wasn’t working alone, which does make the scenario more plausible.

Then there’s the question of her motivation: jealousy over Hanna. Seriously? We learned at the end of the episode that someone else has been pulling the strings, so Mona’s revenge over having her friend stolen may have been secondary. It just didn’t make sense to me. What does that have to do with Ali? Why was Mona terrorizing her in the first place? Besides, Mona’s been such an on-again, off-again friend to these girls, I find it hard to believe she was so torn up about Hanna all along. And if she was manipulating them for two seasons, why wasn’t she always on her best behavior? That would have made the “she’s evil” reveal a lot more surprising.

There are so many loose ends that need to be tied up, which makes sense—Pretty Little Liars is a huge hit and will keep going for some time. But for all its huge moments, the finale still felt like it was holding back. It’s not so much that the show left me with questions, but that there was so much the liars themselves never bothered asking. We got this very clean unmasking of “A” and then a lot of exposition that did little to unravel the central mystery. Dismissing Mona as a nutjob with some attachment issues doesn’t really explain anything.

And despite all of that, I really liked the episode. Pretty Little Liars is never going to be as methodically planned as, say, Lost, but I’m not watching the show because I want something realistic and grounded. I’ll put my faith in the writers that many of these dangling threads will be wrapped up next season—and anything that’s not, I can probably stand to let go of. I’m still having fun with this series, and that’s more than I can say for too many of the other shows I watch.

QUESTIONS:
– Were you satisfied by the big reveal of “A”?
– What’s the biggest question you still need to see answered?
– Who killed Maya, and why?

I'm kinda dissapointed..... (of -A's reveal)

I think that there is a whole a lot of people that like to sabotage those girls lives (-A)

I'm not pretty sure who killed Maya I'm pretty clueless...

The episode dissapointed me with "-A's Reveal"

IT WASN'T -A'S REVEAL IT WAS ONE OF -A'S "PEOPLE" THAT WORK FOR -A

Just sayin'...

But other wise liked the episode... :)

Please reply and give me your thoughts about Maya's death (I'm pretty sure its Maya because what are the girls gonna do know....)

When Mona was saying her reasonings, it didn't fully click. I think there is way more to the mystery of "A". She called it the "A" team. I don't think that Mona is the first "A" like in the books. She was saying something that you have to prove your loyalty to the "A" team and when Dr. Sullivan explained her condition, it didn't click with the whole Ali tie in. But on Halloween that is when all the "A" stuff started happening. Mona saw Jenna wanted to challenge Ali, Ali was into ian, Ali asked about Melissa and Ian, I don't know I think maybe the "A" team began there when that day Ali was challenged in person and by "A". Plus the whole Jenna thing, she is faking about being blind right now, and she is very good at it. There is a motive behind it. Plus remember at the police station garrett and jenna were talking about killing ali and the missing page was linked with those two. So i think this "team" started sorta with Mona but then Mona started torturing them more as her and hanna's friendship started dwindling. I think Mona is responsible mostly for the torture part on all the girls but I don't think Mona started with Alison I think she joined when she saw Alison being challenged, plus Mona was trying to recruit Spencer, so again goes my theory, Mona wasn't always "A" she just took over the role as the situations got creepier. This is a jumbled theory because I know they are leaving something major out and I am trying to figure it out as many of us are.
unfortunately i had already read the books, which revealed that Mona was A :( My last two books are left, which I am not reading now till i've seen all the seasons. I did think they would have a different A in the series (since so many other things are different)

Overall, the episode was pretty great
Before the whole unmasking I suspected Mona just because of the facts she was revealed to be "A" in the book (well the first "A"). I was hoping for the series to make it slightly different. Overall the episode was a really good episode though
Did everyone miss the point when Mona says to Spencer you can join the A team - there is more than one A - there is a number of them working together - so who else is in the A team would be my question
Great episode, but I gotta point out how good the music was this episode. It was really good and it made the episode that much better. Especially the song at the end when they found out Maya is dead (pressumably). Top notch honestly!
I have to say I was disappointed in the reveal. Mona just seemed too obvious and I thought for sure they were going to pull a double fake on us. Then, when it turned out to be her and possibly a whole "A-Team" of people I was a little let down. I was kind of hoping it would be someone higher up in the food chain of the show even if that meant that only we the viewers found out.

Anyway I'm going to cut the show some slack, because it followed that disappointment up with some real Maya shaped tragedy. It was a neat way to cap off the end of the season.

One more thing...what is it with this Mr Fitz thing. I mean at first it was mistaken identity and now they're to turn it into Romeo and Juliet? Am I alone in thinking it's super creepy that this relationship is still going on?
The way Mona was getting more and more screen time, it made sense it was her, considering that all the absurd things A was able to do, it had to be at least someone in high school and very close to them.

But yeah, I thought they could have handled it better, and after two whole seasons of mistery, I think they did it in the right time the A reveal.
Well I think it's obvious, that Jenna is part of the "A" team, if not the initiator of it from the beginning. Remember the Halloween Special episode, when she first appeared in town and immediately got off on the wrong foot with Alison, and then at the end of the episode, as far as I recall (albeit vaguely), she was intimately whispering with Mona, reassuring her that Alison's reign will no longer torment her (or something of sorts).

And now in this final episode - in the beginning we saw Jenna meeting with somebody in the park, which was obviously Mona.

Melissa is also in the "A" team, and I think it was her in that Black Swan dress at the masquerade.
My guess about why A was revealed fairly early is to open up a bigger conspiracy - Mona was recruited by a psychopathic mastermind, probably the Dr, who may not be the top psycho, but probably high up. Mona wasn't high on my suspect list early on, but when she manipulated Spencer into the car, I became a little suspicious. Overall, I enjoyed the reveal, pretty intense and well played.

No idea who killed Maya except one of the A puppets, which could be just about anyone.

As far as the future, I hope to see Ezra revealed as a fiend, or setup by one of the A's somehow. I understand how sometimes an inappropriate relationship gets started, and for a while I was happy that he was trying to be adult about it and wait for her to come of age. But not only could he not stay noble - especially as a teacher, which would get him into more trouble than just an adult male, but he got into Aria's parents' faces about their relationship, being smug. Now Aria's alluding that "it" happened. If yes, I SO want Ezra schadenfreuded!
I still like parts of the episode like yesterday but I'm still pissed.

A's unmasking doesn't satisfy me at all.

I still wanna know who the f*** killed Alison & if she's really dead btw, which I doubt!!!!

I couldn't care less about Maya, lame attempt to bring focus on a non-existing character.

I loved the show for 2 seasons but most of my affection turned into anger when I watched the finale.

I'm starting to wonder if I didn't give to much credit to PLL :(

Pls Mrs King, prove me wrong real quick in season 3!!!

Mona is not -A

She is one of the recruits (-A team)

she is one of the -A's

i think the real -A is= Alison
From what I could gather, what seems to happen is that someone gets close to the PLL group, and then is "recruited" by A (join the A team, in Mona's words). I believe that's one scenario. And I believe another is that people are placed in front of the PLL group to sabotage them, but then they fall in love with one of them and tell A they'll have no more part of it. Although... actually yeah, that's very unlikely. I think it's the first theory. A's a crazy stalker after all, and it does seem as though people who originally were on the PLL group's side, are turning against them one by one...
So 'A' is a band of nerds that hated Ali

No spam. This one is a good theory about PLL
For a while now the girls and us suspected that A was more than one person, unknown amount of minions and the mastermind. I always thought that there might be a minion for each of the girls as no way one person could do all this. In the Halloween episode we were shown at least two or three people in the A costume with the creepy mask

As for the episode it did it's job and the girl who plays Mona did a really great job when she "UnmAsked" herself. In the car when Spencer said "A always has a plan" And Mona "yes she does" Mona was obviously not talking about herself. But here are the things that make absolutely no sense. First "Hanna was my friend and you stole her" Hanna became friends with Mona after Allison's disappearance and the four girls split up. They were friends during that time and in the Pilot the four were together for Ali's funeral and would have seperated again if not for A Starting the texts! So if Mona was doing this then she and the mastermind were responsible for keeping the four together! So Mona was responsible for that making Hanna distance herself. So I really hope that it turns out that was just something Mona BS'ed to Spencer because it makes NO SENSE. Second is Dr Sullivan's "She so smart it seems like she's all knowing" I don't care how smart someone is unless they are psychic that makes NO SENSE I also think/hope that the Dr is still being blackmailed and it's not a cop out.

And for the rest the description of the finale was "A revealed, someone arrested for Ali's murder, beloved character dies" Well an A was revealed but they made it seem like Ali's murder would be solved, and we were not shown that it was aboslutely Maya although I think it is. I. Marlene King said in an interview about the finale and I quote "A is one person and A will be stopped and that will finish the storyline leading into a brand new storyline for season 3 but the 'A" will be in season 3. And it won't be the same old storylines continued it will be something new. It will be an ending and a beginning. There will be a cliffhanger but season 3 will not pick up where this finale left off making season 3 like a new pilot." Well all of that is so misleading as we still don't know who Allison's killer is, what Jenna's endgame is, who are the other A minions and the mastermind. Other than that the only new thing is the death of Maya.

I"m not saying I didn't enjoy the finale, I did I am just pissed off about the cop outs and plot holes and the promise of finality which wasn't there. As for season 3 since Mona will be in it I anticipate some great Silence of the Lambs type scenes which will probably be between probably Spencer and Mona since apparently the mastermind wants Spencer to join the A team.
I was relatively satisfied with the "A" reveal. However, at the end of the episode they did reveal that Mona is simply an "A" minion, which didn't really surprise me considering her motive wasn't all that great and I still can't see her as tough or agile enough to have done all of "A"'s biddings.

I have no idea who killed Maya, but I do think that it was the lead"A" (the one shown in a red jacket at the end of the episode). I think their reasoning was that Maya had found out who was on the "A" team by looking through some of Alison's possessions that were left at the DeLaurentis house when she moved there. She knew too much, so she was brutally murdered by "A".
my question is: WHO THE *** KILLED ALI??? cuz i really don't think it was mona... she isn't strong enough to have had done that..

and what i understand is that "A" is more than only one person... it's an A team!...
the big reveal didn't exactly reveal us anything . the real A is still out there, we don't know who murdered allison and now we have an entirely new mystery on our hands of who killed maya (if it is maya) . I got more questions than answers and I thought compare to the entire season which was awesome this episode really disappointed me , maybe because of the huge build up they did in the promos but come on giving us A as mona is just being lazy, I never read the books but I knew from interviews and press of the show that A is mona according to the books and I thoght they will never go with that , so ppl wirters all I have to say to you is -come on !!!!
Obviously there's going to be a new A next season
Mona isn't A! It was obvious at the end when she said to another unseen person (in a red coat)- 'I did everything that you asked me to!'. She was just another of A's pawns and was asked to take the fall to throw the liars off the trail. And I think that Dr Sullivan is still in on it- that thing about her son was bull! And it seems like Toby has been in on it for some time as well- because he didn't go and find Dr Sullivan, she phoned him. And I still don't think that A killed Ali either, I think that A is Ali and that she is doing all this to find out who was after her. Plus, remember when Jenna met A and said that she wondered what she would say when she saw her again. Jenna could have seen Mona any day at school and easily met up with her in secret. A has to be someone who is actually in hiding and they have a whole lot of people on their side, spying and running errands for them in Rosewood.
Attention everyone: Mona is not 'A', watch carefully and you will see that she was just helping the real 'A' to get Hannah back. The real 'A' is the one that bumped off annoying Mya. I've always thought 'A' didn't act alone. I think the real 'A' is the girl in the black swan dress who talked to Jenna and Garett. I think it was Vivian Darkbloome.
The Psycho shower scene was freaking amazing! Great episode and in a way,, I could see PLL in FX or smthg ,,, they really stepped up their game in season 2 and really looking forward for season 3 in June (i think?!)
Loved the episode. It was very interesting, well executed and with a great ending.

Though the series drifted from the books a lot, they kept the Mona as A (I didn't think they'd do it). We still have a long way to go and, based on yesterday's episode, with the flash of red clothing from the person that visited Mona, I believe they'll go with the evil twin angle (it looked like the coat from Vivian/Ali). Can't wait until it gets back!
Even though I am not that kind of person.... Told u so
Overall a well executed episode of TV, at least for a show on ABC Family. There was suspense, cheesy teenage drama ans some humour. I guess the reveal wasn't entirely surprising though. But as we all saw, and as we all guessed in beforehand, this reveal is only a waypoint on the road to the real reveal. I was bummed though that it seems like the girl quartet didn't seem to register that "A" is a team, not just one person. It was so obvious. Well, whether they did notice it and just didn't have time to deal with it in this episode, or didn't figure it out yet, they should understand it at the beginning of season three when A returns. Hard to imagine that the girls missed the group at the party and that superbrain Spencer missed the reference Mona made to a team.

- Satisfied with the reveal? I guess. Satisfied enough for now. Since the show has been renewed for such a long time already, it's not like I thought that whoever steps up as A is the actual "final boss". So I couldn't be disappointed either.

- There are so many questions, should have written them down over the last two seasons. I know this is a teenage mystery-drama, so it's not like I expect everything to be entirely realistic, or that the characters' decisions always make sense. But I would like to know what motive is finally given for A's behaviour and how logical it is. So far three people killed, Allison, Ian and Maya. That's a serial killer right there. Is a teenager really capable of something like that? I would also like to see how they explain the apparent omnipotence of A. Even though A has minions, he/she seems to be mystically able to control everything, be aware of everything, get to places in broad daylight (e.g. to Emily's house to erase her hard drive, and meeting the real estate agent in the process), and be in the right place in the right time. Oh, and what about Garrett? He is obviously framed, you don't think he is going to start talking about all the plots to the police to save his ass? He must have some secrets based on previous behaviour. You don't think the police will start digging deeper for answers now that he is arrested, and some girl named Mona suddenly is revealed to be a psycho connected to the murder? Jenna drives around in a car? How long does it take before they figure out she has her sight back?

- I can't just get how Maya would be connected to this? She has been such a side show all along. A girl who came from somewhere, fell for Emily, then left again, only to return for a short while. At this point the writers can throw any explanation at us and it'll work. It just seems so far off that she would have been connected to Allison all along. But there was this scene a few episodes ago where Maya met with Noel on the street and Emily (?) saw it! I expected Emily to confront her about it, but she never did. Who knows what the writers will put on our plates?
I was convinced Mona was A, so that was not a big shock. I really wanted to know who killed Ali! Did Garret really do it or is he covering up for the group (Melissa,...). And now with Maya death (dont believe it until I see Maya's body) will they give up on finding Ali's killer.

That scene when Jenna gives a package to someone got me thinking. Was she giving something to the "swan lady". For a little bit I thought that the "swan lady" was Maya.
Mona is only part of the story here, as she stated to Spencer that she had a choice to join the A-Team, I always thought whoever was A was getting help, so I'm quite happy with the Unmasking, now who is on the A -Team well that's is the million dollar question, but I still think that the so called QUEEN B or QUEEN A is Alison, now if I'm right that Melissa and Jenna have some explaining to do, due to the fact both of them could not stand Aly, as for Garret well what ever Jenna wants he wants, now here is the bigger Question will Spencer, Hannah, Emily, and Aria finally come clean to their parents
Is it just me, or was there two Jennas at that party? thought I saw her in two different outfits at pretty much the same time? And as many others have stated, Mona is probably not the true A/the only A, I'm thinking it's a group of people, I'm thinking Jenna, Mona, Melissa and Garett is in the mix, probably that black swan-woman as well and she's the queen b!
So I think that Mona wasn't doing all of those things to the Liars, but she just was working with A. Maybe she did some of the things but she was pretty much standing in for the real A this episode. A's prolly been doing most of the stuff.
"Pretty Little Liars is never going to be as methodically planned as, say, Lost,"

You mean the show that introduced characters, said they where important, forgot about them for 5-10 episodes, and then just killed them in increasingly silly ways? I'd say this show is slightly better planned out.

Other than that, I liked this episode, it proved my theory that Mona is A, sort of badly explained away the reasons she can't have acted alone (How would Mona be capable of getting Ian up there?) by heavily implying there's at least one other person, and killed Maya, who I never cared about.

And I didn't mind Mona's motive, jealousy may have been a large part of it, but think about how Alison treated her in the first episode for example, "If you ignore it, it'll go away" or something like that, with the gang going along with it. I could see some pent up resentment from that.
comparing LOST to PLL??? reallyy????
Lost may be a better show, but they PLL has things better planned without a question.
I really loved the couples and the sort of happy ending but the Mona fake-out that producers had been saying really pissed me off, like they wanted to toy with fans for fun or something
I've been so torn up about A's identity, it was nice to have at least some satisfaction with Mona. I was relieved to hear her say "This is an invitation to the A Team" because I agree with Louis, having her alone as A would've been too weak. I liked the idea of A being a couple of people since the girls dug up this old yearbook, remember? So, since Mona seems to be some kind of flunky, the 'real' A is someone much more powerful and threatening. I dismissed anybody's parents having anything to do with this, although I've stuck to Peter Hastings for some time, but I just don't see any connection between him and Mona (except for the gun thing).

Obviously, Jenna is on board since we've seen her meet with A in the woods. I don't see how Lucas fits in, I thought the incident with Hanna and the boat was just something to distract us, but he was with Jenna and mysterious black haired-girl at the dance.

I think it was good to see Mona exposed but I'm not really surprised we didn't get any more answers. And that's okay with me because I still want some action in Season 3.
As season finales go, this was not the best one I've seen.

The unmasking of A was really the unmasking of A, rather the unmasking of one of A's little minions - Mona!! The explanation given for her "supper-powers" was lame: She's hyperactive and smart so so appeared to know everything. Seriously?? If that's the case anyone can get up one day, drink 10 espresso shots and start terrorising ppl via txts!! OH and Mona's "inner monologue": I look hot - Stupid girls think its over - It's not - insert evil laugh. Not the best way to let us know that Mona wasn't acting alone.

The whole episode had the "happy ending" feel that usually accompanies finales, but it felt too forced. You cant have all couples making up (with the exception of Emily) just because its the last episode!! Caleb shows up at the dance, so does Ezra - a moment to point out that its still illegal to date a minor, so kissing in the middle of a crowded room is not really the best idea for them (someone call paedo-police). Toby, it turns out, never stopped loving Spencer and Emily has a meaningful conversation with Paige. All is well in the world of romance - and then Maya is found dead.

The ending is a bit promising, the person visiting Mona in the read coat... Alison/Vivian reference?? And did anyone else see the girl with blond hair, in red dress and full gold mask passing by when Caleb made his appearance?? Coincidence??? I think not!!

I 'm really looking fowrward to 3rd season. Lots of questions where left unanswered and even more created in this episode so there are a lot of mysteries left to be explored...
First of all I must say that i liked some parts of the episode, but I'm not satisfied,

Mona definitely ISN'T A !!!!

She paused as A to distract attention from A because she's working with A like we see at the end. Congrats on the huge commercial this finale was for Ed Sheeran's "the a team" :(

I'm pretty pissed at the writers because they promised to reveal A's id which was an hoax because it's clear Mona's only working with Aand others in the A team(sick :), she isn't the real deal!!!

We've been duped once again & I'm seriously starting to doubt if the writers have even decided yet who A is!!! We're led to suspect everyone and then the clues go somewhere else and so on. Don't promise a revelation if you intend to keep it for the series finale, because I really think people will be MAD this time!!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm an Hitchcock fan & the whole tribute this episode was really pleased me on a quality level. however, when did this show become a tribute to Sir Alfred Hitchcock? Psycho is my favorite movie from him and this finale had Psycho written all over it but it wasn't supposed to happen like this IMO. it isn't what the viewers expected & it looked as an attempt to delay once again the big shocker.

I'll stick to my guts: A is on a quest, she's looking for Alison's killer and will do whatever it takes in order to know whodunnit!!! I know that in some episodes, mainly the one in Halloween, it looks as though she's being bullied by A but it doesn't click for me!

Mona is a nutter and does whatever she's asked "I did everything you asked me to do!!!

The shrink tells Mona is nuts and she goes to a mental institute but she knew that when she went onboard the A team IMO. Mona might have been Alison's greatest fan & that's why she accepted to be part of that plan. Some of you will think I'm on the wrong side of the road, but I'm positive we haven"t heard the last of A yet because I like to be surprised and here the shock wasn't one at all. We wanted to know what really happened to Alison or at least more than a missing autopsy page... I expected to see A's face in the last scene, since A's the person visiting Mona & I'm certain of it but since I didn't, here's my message to the writers: fool me once shame on me, fool me twice go hide in the skies!!!

Well for the Hitchcock question they did it before in the season 1 finale which was modeled loosely after "Vertigo" especially the bell tower. The running up the square shaped stairs was something and a couple other things. As for Mona I knew there had to be more than one, that there were minions, I think possibly one for each girl. and a mastermind as no one person could do this. As you said in the car when Spencer says "A always has a plan" and Mona's "yes she does" she wasn't talking about herself but the mastermind. In the Halloween episode in showed at least 2 maybe three people wearing that costume with the creepy mask. The whole explanation from Dr Sullivan "She's so smart it seems like she's all knowing" WTF? that is BS and I think, hope actually that the Dr still being threatened was told to say that to the liars and us because that makes absolutely no sense. I had read an interview from the creator about the finale who said "A is one person who will be unmasked and that will wrap up the A storyline which will lead to a new mystery for season 3. A will however be in season 3 and the show will end with a cliffhanger but season 3 will not pick up where it leaves off it will be an ending and a beginning" So I imagine maybe some great Silence of the Lambs type scenes with Hanna and Mona, but as for a new storyline it seems like nothing has changed unless the same person who killed Allison killed Maya
More +
Ugh, no! I was really annoyed by this because we were told ages ago that they werent doing the same thing as the books! And in the books, Mona was the first A. I dont buy it though, I still think Jenna is majorly involved in this. I suppose that Mona was just doing things that A told her in order to terrorise the girls, but if she was such a good friend of Hanna's, then she immediately would have told Hanna who A was and they all could have banded together to take A down. Its possible Mona was so easily led because she was always a loser, and now that she is popular she just wants to stay on the winning team.

I'm glad Maya is dead, she was annoying as hell, and i really hope it was Paige who killed her, cos that would be a cool twist.

We still need to see what the deal is with Jenna, Melissa, Garret and Jason, as they are all still super shady and theres loads more to find out about them.

Also, who was the black swan?
The black swan was Natalie Portman :)

If it was revealed in the final episode of the show that Natalie Portman is actually A, it would be one of the most mind-blowing episodes in TV history.They could show these flash-backs from previous episodes all the way from season one with Natalie behind corners, hiding in toilet stalls, lurking in the bushes, pushing Ian to his death, etc. That would be absolutely hilarious!
Your brain would explode if you truly tried to pick this show apart. With that said, the build-up to A's reveal and the ending was the most intense PLL has ever achieved. Not very satisfying, but it did turn the excitement way up and it was nice to see (almost) every girl have a touching reunion with their respective boyfriend. I was also impressed by Emily's acting at the end.

I'm so relieved they didn't go through with that ridiculous Ali evil twin sister angle.
I think that you "didnt get" the episode. Like Mona saids to Spencer, is an invitation to join A Team. And she also speaks about A as a third person. We saw A Team at the party. Jenna, Lucas and the real A. Mona was part of the team.

I'm complete disappointed because we didnt get the reveal of A's identity. Just the information they are a team, and the three less important members. The final is clear that Mona recibes the visit of A.

So, about A and the Alison's murder, we are back at square one.
you sum up both my point of view and my bitterness towards the main question: who killed Alison?? we want answers not some vague preliminaries!!!
In my opinion the episode was a total cop out - we were promised 'A's identity but did we actually get it? Like you said, Mona couldn't of pulled off all the things 'A' has done and her reasoning was total B.S. I think Mona isn't A, just one of the helpers like Lucas, Jenna and that "black swan" girl probably are. Maybe Mona is 'A's second in command.

We were also promised the death of a beloved character and we didn't get that, we got a body bag and "Emily's mom thinks Maya died". They could easily flip that in S3 and say "oh Emily's mom was mistaken it was some homeless guy" because thats what PLL does. It constantly moves the goal post, which normally I don't mind and it keeps excitement high but this episode fell flat due to it being hyped up so much and then not living up to expectation.

And when it comes to Mona, I was underwhelmed with that revelation. Really? Mona? An obvious choice. And her reasoning makes it even worse.

I'll continue to watch but I hope we get real answers next season and learn more about 'A' now that Mona is apparently her. Oh and who the hell was the person talking to Mona at the end? The real 'A', the mastermind, the brains behind the operation etc. At least thats what I think.
awsome episode... have to wait for the 3rd season to know who visited Mona in jail... but i never expected that 'norman bates' would be A... Hitchcock must be turning in his grave...

• 8:00 pm