Revenge's Season 2 Premiere: Back With a Vengeance

Revenge S02E01: "Destiny"

Alright, Vengefuls, I'm going to start this recap from the moment where for most of us the show truly began:

First best idea of the new season: Nolan's fantastic haircut.

Second best idea of the new season: Emily and Nolan living together! Best friends, Bobbsey Twins, chosen family, soulmates, call it what you will, but this idea makes sense organically both in the show (Nolan's house was a veritable THOROUGHFARE of maniacs) and FOR the show (the more time with Emily and Nolan onscreen together, the more endorphins released in the systems of the viewers).

Another endorphin hit? Right here:

But let's go back and start from the beginning. The promos really teased out Emily getting cinematically tortured in the ocean, but it looks like it was just a little refresher workshop/retreat she took with her Kill Bill-esque ninja masters. One of whom is Irish or something? And weirdly merciful?

I like you, guy. Stick around.

Emily, having moresies or lessies revenged her dad, is now out to figure out what the EFF happened to her mother, who appeared for the first time in a flashback, writhing around in a PSYCHIATRIC WARD in WRIST RESTRAINTS!!! I live for fuzzy asylum flashbacks. With bangs. With yelling. Yes yes yes.

Emily returned to the Hamptons, and her first stop (duh, obvs) was checking in with Nolan, giving him high fives, getting him on the party train. Second move? INVESTIGATING AN ABANDONED PSYCHIATRIC WARD. Oh Laaawd have mercy, that was so gorgeous. And so many crosses up in Emily's mom's room! Was there an exorcism?

Needless to say, Emily's back and bad, tearing off the dusty sheets in the beach house and ready to rumble after faaaar too long an absence from my screen. Since we last saw the Revenge crew, 60 days of sobriety have passed. They have been spent being vaguely relaxed at the Hamptons version of Promises by Charlotte, passive-aggressively avoiding one's pregnant wife at the Stowaway by Jack who's ab-rollin’ in his boat, and growing in a five-haired Shakespeare beard by Declan.

I SEE YOU DECLAN! With that Shakespeare beard. Boy, throw that shit in the ocean! Pluck it out and throw it in the ocean!

Conrad Grayson has become incredibly sinister in that space of time. As suspicion around him deepens, he's grasping at his children's inheritance. He's nearing Charlotte's by locking her in rehab until he gets power of attorney, and he's pressuring Daniel less successfully, although Daniel is well and truly wagon.

...due in no small part perhaps to being now in a committed relationship with a carbon copy of his mother, I'm sure. Ashley, who may or may not be also romancing Conrad, has gone from the world's saddest party planner to Queen of "Hamptons" Society, and it's kind of appropriate. That was how Victoria rose up, after all, calculated ventures and lookin' kewt. Ashley is looking seriously cute!

BTW at a set visit I learned from actress Ashley Madekwe that she actually styles her own outfits. She works closely with the costume designer to pick major pieces but the accessories are very much her own thing and reflect this really edgy London vibe that makes me covet everything she wears. Those earrings! That eyeliner! She's such a fashion icon. It really gives the character a whole other dimension.

The parallel moment when Emily went to the annual start-of-the-season parked-yacht-auction and saw Ashley through the window had this perfect, eerie symmetry to when Ashley led her hand-in-hand and she first glimpsed Victoria, and framed Ashley as a new adversary perfectly. So effective. "Spine Tingly-Dingly!" —Henri Frederic Amiel

Daniel was clearly knocking himself out courtesy the fine Tennessee magic of Jack Daniels just to be around her in that SLAMMIN' red dress and side hair. I mean, where else are people going to look on a parked yacht than these two hot blondes side by side, being swank and getting buzzed?

Charlotte did do a sloppy grab for attention by elbowing her way up to the mic all "I GOT SOMETHING TO SAY" and then running off at the mouth about how her mom has deep secrets and she will always truly miss her. HER MOM WHO SHE KNOWS IS ALIVE! Deep secrets?! Pillheads are such drama queens.

Charlotte, after being justifiably dragged from the scene (also her spiked blood sample turned up all drugsy) whispered to Emily something crucial: the directions to the mountain peak on which Victoria has been hiding reclusively, her only company the owls and the mute, deaf hairdresser who federal agents fly in every other Tuesday to Brazilian-blow-out her hair.

Which explains why when Emily zipped over to her location (the Ozarks? Blue Mountain range? Sierra Nevadas?) Victoria answered the door in FULL MAKEUP AND A BLOWOUT. Victoria Grayson does not sit around a remote hermit cabin isolated from all human society looking like a skank, okay? She keeps a full face on day and night, flossed out glossed. F-ck with her & u get tossed out, bitches. #SelfRespect

She seemed slightly miffed to see Emily, who got a good look around the old hidey-hole and stole a clam to insert a camera into (or have Nolan insert a camera into). That's right, the clam cam. REVENGE WRITERS I LOVE YOU. I WANT TO HAVE YOUR COLLECTIVE BABY. The clam cam! Oh, the caffeine and Craft Services buzz that must go on around 2am in that room. I want to rip their index cards off the walls of the writing room and roll around in them naked like Demi Moore in money.

Speaking of babies... one of the huge reasons I love this show is that within the space of one episode it established that Jack wasn't crazy about having this baby, that Emily maneuvered herself as the godmother of this baby, that Emily got Jack to question the paternity of the baby, and that Jack demanded to know of Fauxmanda whose the baby was. In one episode.

You cannot beat that. That is a genuinely engaging way to chart an episode. If we were watching any other show, all those things would have happened at mmmmmaybe Episode 7. That is why I am ride or die for Revenge. They don't dawdle like corny bitches because they GOT stories. Oh they got STORIES.

After Emily popped in with some important papers for Victoria and put the clam cam in place, Nolan and Emily got comfers cozy and watched Victoria essentially put out a hit on Emily. And Emily was like "Bring it." because she regularly chases death in the ocean and has had a successful axe fight with that poor white-haired guy in the past.

This season is off to a rollicking and incredibly fast-paced start already. I'm dreaming starry-eyed of the next episode. I love so much that Nolan and Emily are roomies, that Daniel is obvs-leee still in love with her, that Victoria's survival was established in the first episode, and that Jack is not pulling punches with Fauxmanda. We missed you so, Revenge! Now get back to ruling my life.

QUESTIONS:

1. How many episodes until Emily runs into her mom?

2. Obviously her mom is going to be in league with the Big Bad Villains in this world, yeah?

3. At what point will Emily straight-up kidnap half-sis Charlotte?

4. How many more episodes until Ashley and Daniel break up?

5. How awesome is Nolan's new haircut?

6. Conrad: having an affair with Ashley, right?

7. Who is the dead arm that was found in the cold open in the "Amanda" boat?

8. Fauxmanda's baby: Takkei's? Jack's? A random trucker from Norwalk, CT's?

Last season was all about Daniel walking around shirtless! This season it's about Jack being shirtless! Awesome! ;)

Everything about this season premiere is hoT with a capital T!

- Nolan working out, donning a new hairstyle = hoT!

- New tottie in the form of Takeda's brit protegee = hoT

- Shirtless Jack in the boat = hoT

- Emily and Nolan roomies = hoT

I could go on...

1. How many episodes until Emily runs into her mom?

- probably the second last season

- yes and no

3. At what point will Emily straight-up kidnap half-sis Charlotte?

- somewhere in the middle

4. How many more episodes until Ashley and Daniel break up?

- 2 or 3

5. How awesome is Nolan's new haircut?

- incredibly

6. Conrad: having an affair with Ashley, right?

-deffo

7. Who is the dead arm that was found in the cold open in the "Amanda" boat?

-as it seemed to have a white shirt, maybe the bloke conrad "counceler pal" guarding Charls

8. Fauxmanda's baby: Takkei's? Jack's? A random trucker from Norwalk, CT's?

- Nolans (although it is not clear they slept together it was alluded to with knowing looks when she was in the pool)

I wanna see Emily kissing Nolan or Emily kissing Jack, or Emily kissing hot mysterious british ninja dude!
sorry, to answer 1 I meant "second last episode of season 2"
sorry, to answer 1 I meant "second last episode of season 2"
4. I don't like that they got together during the break. I don't see the point. That's also the reason why I have no idea how long it will last.

5. Is everyone at tv.com obsessed with hair? I didn't even notice it.

7. Bill Buchanan.
I'd argue that we saw the moment they got together at the end of last season. And I think it's just girls who are obsessed with hair.
Hilarious recap and well written. Of course we can thank the awesome people behind Revenge because this season two premiere was Phenomenal! I love that the show gets right to it and jumps in the deep side of the pool! I certainly look forward to watching what happens next!
Oh did anyone notice the music is very Bourne supremacy like? or at least while Emily is re-training with Takeda and the Bourne-like hottie new guy - yeah hope he stays though he has that special air of 'likely Hamptons murder victim'
OMG! Loved your recap!

Brazilian-blow-out her hair hahaha What does that even mean?!

Emily is the best. I love this series ;-)
haha, I totally agree!
haha, I totally agree!
Loved the recap - '2 cool 4 this yacht' so true and so funny... ah these blondies...

No sophomore crisis for Revenge - came back with a vengeance (I know... but couldn't resist)

Love the Nolan hair style update and his rooming with Emily - good since she now has lost Sammy the 75 year old dog...

Declan just go away please
I just watched it again ... I can confirm that this episode is awesome :-D
Staff
I have been moving the last two days and offline and then checked back in and got to see all these awesome comments & messages...so glad the Revenge tv.com family is back together. So psyched for this season!
Welcome back Revenge!! This episode was AWESOME! Loved Emily addressing the doubt about Fauxmanda's baby in Jack's head this early in the season. Was wondering if Takkei ensured she was preggers prior to sending her back to ensure Emily and Jack stayed apart.

1. Em's mom may show up by episode 6.

2. I'm thinking she may be with to Big bad guys now. Don't think she was with them while she was locked in the Psych ward though. Who know.

3. Emily should have Charlotte out by episode 2 or 3 at the latest.

4. Daniel and Ashley may not end due to Ashley's ambition.

5. Loved Nolan's hair.

6. Not sure Ashley's sleeping with Conrad, but she is still brown nosing.

7. Hopefully it's Conrad's arm, but it won't be that easy/

8. That baby is a strangers. Maybe it's Takkei's or his minion.

Yay Revenge is back! Emily is back hallelujah, my hero! And the first episode was fantastic, loved it. This is going to be one hell of a season, I can feel it already.

Q's:

1. 5/6, they better don't wait to long.

2. I'm still wondering if she will be bad or good, probably something in between.

3. Next week! Charlotte needs some action!

4. Next week, they are doomed!

5. A-some!

6. Mh, not quite feeling that, just using her I think.

7. Jack's?! Yes, please.

8. Are we actually sure it is a baby? Some Game of Thrones shit might be going on here!

Fauxmanda's baby belongs to the guy who's coming to make sure Emily stays on the right track, hahah
Oh my GOD I hope that baby is Asian. Please.
Better yet, I hope the baby is black. Then we'll ALL be wondering!
Great season premiere ! i was affraid the second season will starts in a boring way but it was a fast-paced awesome start!

What a great change , Nolan and Emily in the same house was the best thing ever .
Clam cam and Pajama pants are for hobos are the best! I missed revenge so much and your recap, Lily, even more!!!!!!!!!

Now the questions in random order, the baby isn't Jack's but they will fake out the test someway (maybe the father is the irish guy), Ashley is totally sleeping with Conrad, Emily Nolan and Charlotte all in the house together...will be fun!!And Nolan's haircut is indeed awesome...as awesome as seeing him boxing...for all the other questions...I have no idea!
I thought the season premiere was pretty awesome! Although, like some other commenters have pointed out, I could have done with just a FEW more details surrounding how Victoria escaped the plane crash and/or her relationship with Grandpa Assassin over there. But I expect these things will be flushed out in future episodes (maybe?). Either way, I am READY for this season!

1. How many episodes until Emily runs into her mom? --> I think they announced Emily and her mom will meet up in episode 6. So....I am going with Episode 6.

--> Umm....may...be? I honesty don't know. I like to think Grandpa Assassin either didn't have the heart to kill her or she fought away from him....or something like that.

3. At what point will Emily straight-up kidnap half-sis Charlotte? --> SOON, I hope! Then Charlotte will have a chance at an interesting story arc!

4. How many more episodes until Ashley and Daniel break up? --> Depends....how many more episodes until Daniel becomes useful to Emily again?

5. How awesome is Nolan's new haircut? --> I.....have no opinion on such things.

6. Conrad: having an affair with Ashley, right? --> If he's not, he probably will be soon.

7. Who is the dead arm that was found in the cold open in the "Amanda" boat? --> None othe than GRANDPA ASSASSIN, of course!

8. Fauxmanda's baby: Takkei's? Jack's? A random trucker from Norwalk, CT's? --> Anything is possible....I am going to go with the random British/Australian/accented gentelman who was training with Emily in this episode.
Fauxmanda is probably my least favorite actress on TV. Ever. Even more than Whitney Cummings or Chelsea Handler, if that's possible.
I still find it very strange that no one, including this reviewer would ask the question...How did Victoria survive a plane crash and explosion? She obviously didn't get on the plane, but no one here, or even Emily and Nolan on the show even bother to discuss this, which would bring up a lot of questions for them. Very strange writing, and for this show, that is disturbing.
I'm still thinking she got off the plane before it took off, last minute claims of changing her mind or whatever, but I wouldn't mind seeing Victoria using a parachute. :)
Here's what I could find from an interview with Mike Kelley:

How quickly will we learn who died and what exactly happened on that plane?

MK: You'll have all of your answers about what happened the night of the plane crash and who's dead and why in the first two episodes.

Staff
Keep in mind he also swore up and down Daniel would be killed in season one, so he's as wily as he needs to be...although the story always moves so fast I'd be surprised if this is not the case.
He also told us this season would begin with a wedding as the flashforward,not the dead man on the sunken Amanda (I predict Aiden).
I'm sure in true Revenge style all will come to be known through a flashback.
and pretty soon, too ^^
Just gotta have faith in the writers/show-runner. I haven't been disappointed yet.
For the record, Victoria's survival was established in the Sunday Night promo, where you first see some cool OUaT setup, seque-ing into the "Revenge" setup - which ends with Victoria in full long gown - going into 666...all shown before 8:30pm. Somebody in advertising goofed BIG TIME.
Best recap/review EVER! Lily, you rule! And so does Revenge, amazingly awesome start

to the new season...these writers are incredible and this is television at its best!
OMG!!

I just found out Michael Trucco and J.R. Bourne are heading to Revenge. As if this show wasn't awesome or badass enough. And I think that was the one tiny itsy bitsy thing Revenge was missing. Trucco and Bourne can be something like the male versions of Emily and Victoria (only with abs).
J.R. Bourne too?? I love him!
This show just shot through the stars and into the cosmic space. All cylons and goau'lds of this world - beware! :DDD
Is it humanely possible *not* to love him? *_*
Random trucker, obviously.
Yeah, great start. No. 7: I think they want us to believe it's either Jack (hence the compass) or Nolan (the Captain's jacket). But really it could be anyone and I'm sure it's not decided yet, just like with season 1.

One thing bothers me: Victoria still doesn't know that Emily is Amanda despite Amanda coming clean to the white haired man that she is Amanda Clark. And in the cabin he is like "yes, I'm going after Emily". Does he have an agenda of his own which makes him keep his mouth shut?
Great review for a great season premiere! Umm, except seeing Nolan boxing without a shirt - don't do that again! Please, I beg you! I love Nolan - he's great, when fully clothed.

It seems to me that Victoria thinks Mr Silver works for her - I think he's been assigned to watch over her by the mysterious puppet-masters. Otherwise, why hasn't he ratted out Emily's true identity? And I wouldn't be too shocked to find out Ashley's working for the puppet-masters too.
Questions you should have been asking...

How did Victoria survive a plane that explodes? Not possible, unless she never got on the plane....but why wouldn't she, unless she was in cahoots with the bad guy who Emily didn't kill in Season 1? But then, why would she be in cahoots with the guy who killed David Clark, her lover? Or does she even know he killed Mr. Clark? And why would she want the evidence to send Conrad away destroyed.

Not a lot makes much sense right now.
Although I still liked this episode, and loved much of what happened and what we learned, I don't think it was as strong as most of last season's episodes were. But, season premieres usually try too hard to be too many things at once, so I'm not worried. Just glad Revenge is back! Love this show! Great photo recap, Lily!
From what I gather, Emily's mom will finally appear in episode 6.
I liked the episode; but I have to say that in comparison to the intense season one finale, it was surprisingly lackluster/quiet. It was not terrible by any means, but certainly not the best the show has to offer. Nevertheless, it did have some strong points and it definitely worked in a sense as a premiere episode. I mean it managed to set up perfectly what each character had been up to and set up all the pieces for the rest of the season. While, the first season was Emily's revenge against the Grayson, this one is clearly the mystery of Emily's mother, who she is and what exactly happened to her.

- While it was no surprise that Victoria was, I liked the way they handled the whole situation. First, there was that red herring at the beginning alive with the search of survivors, that turned out to be the next mystery. Second, they didn't include Madeleine Stowe in the credits and then they had Charlotte whisper her fate to Emily.

- The opening scene with the lights piercing the water, the sunken boat, the body- was kind of haunting and beautiful. This show nearly always has cool opening scenes, I think. That being said, while I think the big mystery was visually striking, the execution wasn't as exciting as last season it was done in a more subdued manner.

- It was a little hard to believe that if the government is keeping Victoria at the 'hidden' location, that they would not be filming/bugging her and that she would not at least suspect it - meaning that she would not risk having the white-haired man come to visit, plus they would have seen Emily (who also would have to suspect that the government would be watching).

- I liked the parallels between the pilot episode and this one. For instance, Emily on the boat looking through the round mirror, only to see Ashley instead of Victoria. Then near the end, when Emily is on the deck holding the belt with the infinity symbol from her mom and from up at the Grayson manor, Daniel was looking down at her, where as last season it was Victoria.

- I'm confused. The white haired man is shown talking to Victoria, surely he has told her that Emily is Amanda? Didn't he tell Victoria? Did I miss something? Didn't Emily reveal to the white haired man her true identity when she almost killed him in last season's finale? Wouldn't he have told Victoria that info if they are aligned with each other? Does Victoria know Emily is Amanda Clarke then?

-Why is it so hard to believe that Jack is the baby's father? He and Fauxmanda were livingand sleeping together for months. It's not a huge stretch that he's the father. Please don't have the writers fall on the old trope of the woman lying about whom the baby's father is. It's old and tired and frankly as soapy as the show is, this isn't the Maury show. I thinkit's more interesting that he is the father and explore the consequences of his actions.

- I like the new Charlotte; she finally has a bigger purpose to the story. I'm kind of hoping she's the character that discovers Emily's identity and joins forces with her. I mean, it was nice seeing that Charlotte trusted Emily enough to let her know where her mother was.

- Am I the only one thinking that Ashley is sleeping with both Daniel and Conrad? I mean, Conrad's expression when his son talked about Ashley was quite suspicious. The whole ""at least she won't cheat on me" was especially eyebrow-raising.

My favourite stone cold ice princes is back. Great episode. First i thought Victoria and Emily could be working together for a while and immediately was excited by that prospect. Though just for her reaction at the end it, was worth it that that's not going to happen. That "good" she uttered, so incredibly cold, won't let me sleep for a couple of nights. Besides Emily is best on her own.

You review was absolutely hilarious btw. 2 cool 4 this yacht had me rolling. I don't know what i find funnier. The clam cam or your fascination with it. It's great though.
I thought it was funny how all the guys beefed up over the summer. Daniel, Nolan, and especially Declan seem significantly protein shake improved.

Not that I'm complaining or anything.
ugh *or close to it
1.) probs the finale are close to it

2.) oh fasho

3.) next episode

4.) next episode

5.) LOVE IT

6.) never thought of it but yup makes sense

7.) idk but it looked like a male right?

8.) its a basketball
Hey, Lily! Will you be my Boo, too? :D God, I'm glad that Revenge and your recaps are finally back! I was suffering from severe withdrawal and that teasing First Chapter episode was killing me!

You're so good! I was thinking along the same lines regarding the writers. But I never thought of a collective conception. I'd make that baby tell ME bedtime stories, for sure!

But back to your questions before it gets too crazy or I start hyperventilating or salivating.

1. Uh, you think Emily's mom is alive? It really concerned me that we got a good glimpse of her face so it might be difficult for JJ Leigh to pull off having aged some 20 years. She might be dead after all. I'm hoping she is alive and kicking. Perhaps she'll show up in the midseason finale?

2. It would depend on her mental condition. Although I can't decide if she should be sane and villainous or mental and angelic.

3. Kidnap Charlotte? Oh, you mean rescue her from Doctor Uptonogood? I think that could happen in the next episode.

4. To me Ash and Daniel seem already broke up. What's it called. A rebound? I never had one so I'm not sure about the right term.

5. Nolan is so cute! And his haircut rocks. He's adorable and he could sleep on my couch any time!

6. Conrad and Ash? *trying to control my gag reflex* And then with Daniel? That's like a Greek Tragedy from Hell. Please, everyone kill themselves!

7. The arm on the boat belongs to... The White Haired Man? Jack cannot die! And it was a male part so it couldn't be Faux-Manda. Declan? Who is supposedly staying on that boat? He tried to get rid of his three facial hairs and accidentally cut off his arm?

8. The baby could be from the other guy... that Irish Dude. After all, Fauxmanda stayed with Takeda and he was there, too. I don't think that the Master is a sexual appealing person so even Mandy wouldn't fall for him. If it is Jack's could the mother die in childbirth, please? Sorry, I know that sounds rude, but Emily was so heartbroken she deserves to be with Jack.
Note that last season we had Satoshi Takeda,with a full head of hair,played by Hiroyuki Sanada,now we have a nearly bald Takeda played by someone else...are they supposed to be the same character?
7. I'm hoping that Dead Mans Arm belongs to Daniel.

8. Thinking that FauxMandas baby belongs to Tyler. They did have some alone time in S1.
Damn Revenge! Why you gotta be so AWESOME!!!

Yes, the episode did not start until Nolan appeared. I loved him all geek chic before but he was so hot in the boxing ring too. Common Sense. Nolan has it. After all that drama before, he thought it wise to get some self defense classes and get his boxing on. LOVE HIM! Also, best lines of the night...as usual.

-I love how Charlotte and Declan have legitimately become relevant and tolerable in just one episode. Declan is all responsible and sensible now. Charlotte is all reformed and ready to make moves. I like it.

-Ashley is totally banging both the Graysons. I like this Ashley. She's all conniving and plotting. I love how Conrad gave Daniel the side eye when Daniel made some comment about Ashley being faithful or something. Oh this show.

- Ems' initial reluctance to board with Nolan. Blasphemous! It's NOLAN! How do you say not to that man! Anyone would be lucky to room with him. I love that development, one of my fave duos rooming together. Can't be that.

- I knew Victoria was still alive but it was still a great moment when she opened that door. Boom! Victoria is alive! Like Conrad said, even the Devil wouldn't take her! When the end of the world happens the only things that will survive are cockroaches, that plastic they use to wrap up CD's and Victoria freakin' Grayson.

1. I'm betting it'll take half the season.

2. Obviously!

3. Soon. It will be so awesome. What's the sisterly version of Stockholm Syndrome? I'm betting Charlotte will have that. I mean it can't get any worse than being locked away by your evil stepdad and robbed of the inheritance you shouldn't have anyway.

4. Three. Tops.

5. It's the BEST! In my book Nolan can do no wrong so impartial I am not.

6. Without a doubt. I think sharing main squeezes is a rich people thing.

7. The sensei's apprentice.

8. I'd go with random bar dude.

I'm going to have so much fun reading these reviews Lily! They rock!
Waiiiiit a minute... White Haired Man KNOWS Emily is Amanda since she told him (You murdered my father, etc)... How come WHM Has NOT told Victoria she IS Amanda Clarke?!?!?!
Like White Haired Dude said: He doesn't work for Victoria. I think he has his own agenda. It will be interesting to see who the real players are. I'd like to know why anyone would let Victoria survive. The shady organization would be better off with her dead. But I'm sure that the talented writers of this show will have a perfect explanation for us. Just not right now. Until the, enjoy the delayed gratification you get from watching Revenge!
Yeah, remember when whitehaired dude was fighting Emily last season, he said "you and I have more in common that you might think" and "you must take after your mother" ? I'm thinking WHD just might be Emily's GRANDFATHER.
OMG! Are you my long lost brother or sister?

That's really uncanny! I hesitated to say it out loud but I thought that there could be a blood relation to the guy. After all, he and Emily seem to have a lot in common. But then again, I wouldn't want her to have a psycho grandad who killed her father. That would be beyond twisted. Although he might be too young to be a grandad despite the white hair he must be Conrad's league. He could be her biological Dad. Even more creepy.

Gimme more Revenge! I'm already loving the new season. That hasn't happened in a long time that I'm that crazy about a TV show (aside from Teen Wolf and perhapd Person of Interest).

So...Idk if they cleared this up or not, but what exactly happened to with plane? It DID go down and everyone including Lydia died but Victoria miraculously survived and then somehow got ahold of white-haired guy? Or did she know about it beforehand because the white-haired guy told her?...but that wouldn't work because she'd have let everyone die and the evidence get ruined...So how did the W.H.G. get in touch with her in the first place? Im really confused about how that all went down..as you can tell...
yep, that's what I just asked in my post. Strange that no except us wonders how Victoria could survive a plane that explodes! And why would she work with the guy who killed David Clark, her lover? So much unexplained, but who needs to explain it when it appears only you and I are the only people wondering about all of this?
I know, right?! I thought everyone would be wondering the same thing! But maybe they'll cover it soon..like in the next episode? Anything later than that and I'll be pissed.
Thoroughly enjoyed this recap, thank you!!!!

"I will disown baby for you" was a perfect caption for that picture!!!

"Pajama pants are for hobos" - OMG! Where do you come up with this stuff? Love it! Love Madeleine Stowe, pure class. I would expect nothing less of Victoria :)
lolz - what would it take to reduce Victoria to a snuggie?!!
I never thought for one single second that "Fauxmanda's" baby was Jack's, it is way too convenient. But since Emily is the only one he feel comfortable airing his suspicions to it presented her with a fantastic opportunity to plant a bug in his ear that it's not his baby. It's like he needed to hear someone else say it out loud to hear how crazy it sounds. It's not like it makes more send to talk to your BROTHER or the mother of the baby about any of this. Though, Fauxmanda would probably just convince him he's being paranoid and then give him a speech about not trusting her. I really really love the fact that Nolan and Emily are roommates now! I liked how he asked her if he could crash in one of her guest rooms to which she said no rather quickly. But by the end of the episode they are both lounging on the couch in their pajamas and watching clam cam footage of Victoria and the white haired guy plotting evil deeds against Emily. Ashley has gone from charming, innocent, aspiring, party planner girl to arrogant, passive-aggressive, queen bee bitch who is only dating Daniel (if you can call it dating...) for the status of it. I am really unsure if she also having an affair with Conrad. I definitely sensed something between them, but she doesn't strike me as being his type. Not sure when we'll actually meet Emily's mom, but whenever it is it'll be good because the writers definitely know what they're doing.
Missed you, Lily! And I exactly love this show for the same reason you do. This show is breakneck pace, start to finish. Nothing gets held down for long periods of time. It just goes and goes, awesome. Also, I am half in love with Emily VanCamp for her awesomeness (and I suppose there are worse looking women out there, it's true).

-Any other show? 18, brought in to bring the season to a close. This show? 6, brought in to be awesome.

-No doubt. Plus, she's got one or two additional Big Bads in her pocket that no one else has.

-I'd say 02x03. No longer. Because Lil'-Sis Charlotte needs OUT. Gots to have her pills...

-See, I can see Ashley becoming the Super Big Bad of this show for good. I just see her rising up the ranks from Emily's friend to villain of the villains. As such, I see her and Daniel sticking it out for quite a while if not for the long haul just because he gives her such good contacts into the evil side of things.

-Pretty darn awesome.

-He wants her bad. She flirts with him because it gives her evil contacts. But I'd say she's stopped short of an official affair, at least, at this point.

-Victoria's victim. One of them. I don't care who or when or why. I just think she has something to do with it, because she's awesome.

-Random Trucker, FTW.
They couldn't have picked a more amazing and badass actress than Jennifer Jason Leigh to play Emily's mother, I can't wait for their scenes together. Great episode all around, I'm a little sick of Jack's storyline right now; Fauxmanda and her dramatics are getting really annoying.
Lily I'd have their babies too! they're brilliant!

THE FTW moment: Nolan's hair and boxing - no wait! it's Ashley setup as Victoria II - no wait! it's Victoria's being alive - no wait! it's Emily poisoning Jack's mind - no wait! it's the whole damn episode! WOW!!!!
Nolan and Emily just have to be siblings - they just have to be or I'll die. Seeing them on the couch in their comfies was just like butter on a roll.

I'm betting Emily's mom comes around next episode and I hope to God she's as cray-cray as so many bloggers have suspected. Jennifer Jason Leigh is perfection - Per. Fect. Shun - as Emily's mom.
Yeah. I was jumping up and down when I recognized JJL on the bed. She is a great pick to play Emily's mother. I do so wish for a showdown between her and Victoria! May the best B*tch win!
Steak dinner to the winner! My bank's on JJL - I just have a feeling that she won't box by the queen's rules.
I hope not! Give the Evil Queen a run for her money, JJL! Wasn't she in a movie in which she played a stalker? She was a really convincing psycho. :-D
This show is so effing awesome ... seriously, I feel sorry for the people not watching this.
Good way to start the season. I do hope the baby isn't jacks and Amanda leaves. Don't like her much.
Agreed - she seems so whiny and clingy all the time. She can literally drag down the scene by walking into it.
About the Neil Young cover in the end. Anyone know who that was? I did not hate that cover.. No one is more surprised than me by that!
ALSO! PRICE IS WATCHING REVENGE! This makes me soooooo happy! He's got to catch up quick so he can watch Season 2 with the rest of us.
Such a FANTASTIC return. Gosh, I've missed this show all summer long. I love how fast things moved along, but at the same time how well it was done. I'm very interested to find out what happened to the "Amanda" and who was found dead. Guess we'll found out in Ep. 14 or 15 like last season!

Something I love about this season is that there's more mystery. We know barely anything about Emily's mom like we did with her dad, so this adds a lot of fun. PLUS, we get to see Emily work her way through doing revenge-y things, where as last season she already had things carefully planned at the beginning.

I'm so excited to see where this season goes! So glad to have this show back on my TV. And Emily in that red dress. OH MY GOSH!
Interesting episode for the first I've ever seen. Does anyone else think I should catch up on last season, or is it okay for me to just jump in right now? I've heard previously that this show is good, and last night confirmed my suspision. Great episode, hope to see more like it.
There's so much bad tv out there - why not check out the first season of something good? It was extremely enjoyable. If you're an insomniac like I am, good tv is a gift from baby jesus.
If you liked this episode, you'll enjoy the first season as well.
You should really watch season 1. The first episodes are a bit campy but I think it was in episode five the writers got the formula right. After that it was pure kickass awesome.

Without a doubt the biggest surprise of last season!
You should probably catch up on last season. There are many plot threads that will tie back to S1, and you'll enjoy many more layers of the story and the characters if you have the whole background.
I agree with this! Plus, when you watch through season one, you just grow a much stronger connection and love for the carefully complex characters they writers have done here.
I miss the old Takeda.
Seriously!! There must be a major shortage of Asian actors, because that guy looks nothing like the old Takeda. He must've demanded more money than they were willing to pay him.
No, he just had other obligations. He is currently filming a movie in Australia I believe and because of time constraints he can't do both Revenge and the movie. So they had to recast his role.
Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa is pure win all the way! The guy is a living legend :D
Old Takeda is going to be busy shooting a film, and due to scheduling conflicts, they had to recast him.
Load More Comments