Revenge's Season Finale: Emily Is Batman

Revenge S01E22: "Reckoning"

THAT is how you do a season finale, folks. Revenge has blossomed since its modest pilot to become a campy nighttime drama, and its evolution into a cinematic, genuinely amazing series has been the real arc of the season. What its success means for the future of TV shows that will come after it is thrilling, because the series has handily proved that ambitious, smart writing and truly great actors are (and will always) be the bedrock of good TV (sorry, Wipeout!) and that culturally there is a thirst for amazing, hilariously florid dialogue that needs to be perennially quenched. Season 1 ended with Emily accomplishing her revenge, then snatched the progress away without re-setting the series, no small feat. As for character development, last night completely justified our love of all our favorite characters.

Revenge has always flirted with the notion that Emily is a heartless sociopath who has no problem emotionless-ly seducing Daniel, blithely choke-holding Nolan, and playing her baby-jail bestie faux-Amanda like a broken-down game of Bejeweled. Watching Emily climb into a rape van in broad daylight and sulkily gas herself with chloroform to find Nolan was our first clue that she was about to emotionally transform into a figure with all the depth and heart of Batman (but with banana curls).

Meanwhile, Conrad burst into Grayson manor and Victoria met him screaming and in a daytime evening gown, obviously. It cracked me up that while Emily and Daniel immediately agreed to move from the beach house to Manhattan after a faked break-in, Victoria was completely non-plussed by the rice-grain-sized microphones investigators found simply riddling her house.

Emily quickly got herself strung up alongside hurtin' Nolan in the white-haired man's DIY torture cell, where Nolan had been spirited away after last week's clobbering. Did anyone feel even remotely worried for her at this point or are we all chuckling at how the white-haired man was playing with fire? All she had to do was point out that she'd programmed an email to be sent to the authorities to make him skedaddle off on a wild goose chase. "These kids and their email!" you could see the white-haired man grumbling in his head. You have to wonder if the ability to back up microfiche and secret documents online and transfer everything safely via email has completely changed the spy game. Like, maybe all the James Bond-types were silently decommissioned back in '99 and their swag cars turned over to IT programmers. You hear music industry types whine a lot about Napster but if you got a bunch of former spies in a room you'd get three hours of slurred speeches about what "bullsh-t" Yousendit is.

Touching moment alert: Emily insisting Nolan get himself safely the eff out of there and their hug. Everyone has jumped on me in the comments since way back when I first mentioned this, but the Emily-Nolan relationship is so much closer to an ideal romance than anything Emily has going on with Red Lobster manager Jack or easily confused Daniel. It's for reals the heart of the show and this finale honored that and gave all you Nolan-Emily 'shippers fuel enough for a thousand fan videos to be made over the summer. I am ride or die for Nolan FOR LIFE and we know Emily is too.

I do have to talk about these shoes. I feel like the show's costume designer jumped out of their chair the second he or she saw that Nolan's shoes would get a close-up and immediately spent the rest of the day at Nordstrom, smelling suede and picking out socks. Spiff factor of 50.

Jack decided to take the day and go into New York City to hand Daniel his million dollars back. I'm sorry, WHAT is this guy's schedule like? He spent the whole season waltzing into people's houses with flowers, dogs, and accusations while the Stowaway stood dark and empty. Don't you have a vat of Lobsteritas to mix before Happy Hour?

I could not have been more pleased to see Emily handle the white-haired man with a stainless-steel axe. A stainless-steel axe! She was looking like a true karate star whipping his ass all over the place, but then, straddling him to administer an axe-handle choke hold, she flashed back to that time she and her dad nursed a baby bird back to life. Such bad timing. Of course, she decided to honor her father by letting Karl Lagerfeld live. Obviously this was the only choice the writers could make, because if she had killed him then and there the series would've basically been over, Emily's revenge complete. But also I honestly respect the choice of making our hero ethically incapable of killing someone. Batman has the same philosophy and the same dual high society/high tech vigilante vibe, and after a whole season's worth of Emily exhibiting some American Psycho edge I'm glad she skews closer to Dark Knight on the Christian Bale's Memorable Roles O-Meter.

Meanwhile at the prestigious Hogwarts School of Wizarding, Charlotte cyber-bullied the eff out of the curly haired Yonkers ho. Declan got so miffed, but truly his ethics are as thorny a bramble as that tangled mop atop his head if he thinks he can claim moral high ground after lying in court about Jack, mooching off Gramps Grayson, and narc-ing Charlotte out to the principal.

You know who's also confused about equity in relationships? Daniel confronted Emily in a huff about kissing Jack. Emily, fresh from fighting for her life in a sleeper cell, broke off the engagement. (Better to do it now, before Ashley gets an official commission.) Daniel is so easily lead in any direction, but TRUTH: If I were faced with the choice of boxing up my house to escape a break-in I knew hadn't happened or going through a break up, I probably would have skipped boxing too. It's physically and emotionally exhausting!

And if she hadn't broken off the arrangement we would have been robbed of maybe my favorite moment on TV ever: Victoria showing up and gently insisting Emily open her engagement gift. Like, hats off to Van Camp for keeping a straight face as Madeleine Stowe explained she had given her a box of nothing. A BOX OF NOTHING! The high-level bitchcraft SLAYS ME. This is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen happen in a drama. Not just an empty box, but like a box with a little white satin scoop in it to clearly emphasize where something would be and was not. I'm sorry but this is all I am giving anyone for the next three years. Christmas, birthdays, Kwanzaas are about to get HILARIOUS. Also you know Ashley had to hot glue that satin into a crocs box while she was still an assistant.

Good thing Ashley's getting promoted to Grayson Girlfriend!! I heartily approve of this match. If Victoria was horrified by her son marrying a hot billionaire who lived next door, how much more awesome will it be when she finds out he's making moves on "the help," her former assistant and no-longer-saddest-party-planner Ashley? And don't tell me Victoria’s dead. Bitch, please.

Let's talk plane crash. For one, Victoria's heroic turn in demanding that the wrongs be righted: a sparkling glint of ethical transformation. Her ruthless bullying of Lydia into testifying Conrad with the immortal line "...it will make your taxi bounce seem like a week in Saint Tropez" is maybe my favorite combination of words ever. Conrad telling her point-blank that the plane would go down and her telling him that she would see him in hell and swirling around in a white trench—like, chills upon chills upon chills. If Hermes had a milk, this storyline would have been weaned on it. The build-up was cinematic as hell ("seeeven devvvvills alll aaaroundyou") and genuinely suspenseful. However, the newscaster said "there seem to be no survivors" and the Graysons are a resilient bunch. Let us not forget this season began with Daniel being shot on camera, so there's a lot of wiggle room in that "seems." I think Victoria seems way too important and beloved of a character for her to go out like this. Even if we did see the white-haired man fiddling with the brakes.

Americon works this poor guy overtime! Doesn't the company have anyone else in the area who can do this kind of monkey work? Shouldn't he be in the hospital with a concussion? He must get some sick days. What kind of cottage industry is the Initiative that it can't bribe a few private plane technicians?

If a Grayson is going out, I'm much more worried about Charlotte than Victoria. Victoria will climb through the seaweed and appear at Emily's door, singed, furious, and looking somehow vaguely 29-ish as she always does. I have to believe that.

The other big shocker: Amanda returned and she's PREEEGS!!! Don't worry, it's not Jack's. The only question is who is going to ask for the DNA test first, Nolan or Jack? And to be honest, this is actually another couple I'm secretly rooting for. WHAT OF IT?! She and Jack have crazy chemistry and Nolan and Emily need to combine fortunes and become secret superheroes. WHAT OF IT?! Nolan backed up the evidence that went down with the plane. OMG! Did you catch Nolan saying that about Jack and then telling Emily not to do anything "revenge-y"?! RIDE OR DIE!!! The awesomest.

So yes, so many amazing developments: fake Amanda's fake Jack baby, Ashley and Daniel making eff-me eyes, how is Victoria going to escape that plane crash, possible teen funeral episode, and above all the most exciting question the series left unanswered is who is going to play Emily's mysterious "fiery" and possibly evil mom? It's truly the biggest opportunity for an actress between the ages of 38 and 50 on primetime TV. Will Emily's mom be:

Two-time Tony nominee Laura Linney?

Humanitarian minx Sharon Stone?

Pulitzer Prize semi-finalist Teri Garr?

Cultural commentator and Women's Rights Worker Courtney Love?

America's MILF, Blythe Danner?

Bi-curious wunderkind Felicity Hoffman?

CANNOT. WAIT. FOR. SEASON.TWO.

So, clearly, the most entertaining show of the year had the most entertaining finale of the season. This nation is still SHOCKED by how much we needed this show and I am forever grateful that I got to see it unfold from pilot to finale and talk about it with you guys. Double infinity grateful.

QUESTIONS:

1. Victoria: How will she survive?

2. Charlotte: down for the count?

3. What was your favorite line from last night?

4. Did you notice how many lines last night were lifted from revenge movies? Kill Bill and Princess Bride just to name two.

5. Faux-Amanda's baby is Jack's or no way in haaayuhl?

6. BOX OF NOTHING: bitchiest present ever!?

7. Are you glad Emily didn't kill the white-haired guy?

8. Emily's mom: What's up with that?

1. Who knows but she will, she must have seen the plane going down coming, Conrad basically said so.

2. Charlotte, hm possibly but also doubtfully.

3. "I'm proud of you Emily."

4. I did not.

5. Well I hope to god not!

6. Pure Victoria, loved it!

7. I'd prefer he died, but not at the cost of Emily's morality.

8. Gonna be one tricky story, I just hope she can be a trusted ally.

& No way on Nolan & Emily, they're way more like Brother & Sister. Totally Jack & Emily :)
Fuck, my mother and I watch this show religiously, and we are on pins and needles waiting for season 2. What a fantastic finale! Very much looking forward to seeing how things work out. Really hoping Charlotte is dead, because for whatever reason, I found Deckland-Charlotte to be the cutest couple in the world, and I'd like to see Deckland rush to her side after he hears about her suicide attempt. But alas, we will have to wait and see.

As for Emily's mother, I'm very anxious to find out just who this woman is, and how far this whole conspiracy business goes. Season 2 can't come quick enough!
Really hoping Charlotte is dead?
I'd love to see Connie Britton as the mom. I reckon she'd be able to play the sweetness and light vs evil perfectly in the same way Emil Van Camp does.
Lily, as a fellow Nolan-Emanda shipper, I'm so happy to read your Revenge reviews!

And as the "sibling"/"related" speculation has been brought up everywhere, I have to ask...what exactly would be so interesting or exciting about Nolan and Emanda being related? They are already allies and Nolan is loyal to Emanda...what would it change for them or add to the show?

And to me, "same hair color" does not brother-sister make. Jack and Amily are both brunettes, does that make them related? (BTW, I do root for this couple too!...I think they have great chemistry).

Well, to me it would be very interesting. It's clear now that there will be no sexual relationships b/w them. Sorry, but it's true)) He treats her like a sister. And she treats him like a sh...t, the last episode excluding. Now their relationships (one of the best parts of the show, imho) have became pretty stable. It would be very interesting to see her reaction to these news!

Of course, their hair colour doesn't prove anything - I mentioned it as a reason why I started thinking in this direction))

I say Blythe Danner for "emily's" mother. She appears the right age and has similar enough looks to pass as her mom,
Hey, Atlantida, you've got a point there! It is odd that Nolan cares so much for her despite the fact that she was mean to him for such a long time. It explains why he was willing to risk his own life for her when he went to the white-haired guy disguising himself as the cable guy that night. The puzzle pieces do fit!
Exactly! I mean, he is good, and kind, and just awesome, but he is not saint!

But I really don't remember all these time frames... To prove my theory, real Amanda shouldn't remember that she had a brother. It means she should be younger than Nolan - fits. But it also means that her mother left Amanda just after her birth - that's why she doesn't remember having a brother.

BUT! My friend told me that Amanda's mother left when she was three years old, and this fact was mentioned in first episodes. I don't remember it, that's why I ask - maybe anybody has a better memory and could prove me wrong?
Ok, I was re-watching the last episode for the billionth time, and a shocking notion came to my mind: is there the tiniest opportunity that Nolan is real Amanda's brother? It was just that scene: they sat very close to each other, their hair was of the same colour in the deem light, and he told her that her mother was alive... And I immediately got all soap-y (hey, Nolan!) and added: "And I'm your brother!"

It's crazy, I know, but it just fits in so perfectly! When their parents divorced, the girl stayed with her father, and the boy stayed with his mother. And it explains all this far-fetched plotline with Nolan visiting David Clarke in jail (why did he start doing it once again?), and David leaving all his money to a complete stranger (because he was such a trusting person after all this betrayal), and Nolan helping Amanda again and again (although even if you're the best person on earth you give up after a chocking thing usually), and why does Nolan love her so much anyway? He doesn't look at her as a man looks at a woman, he wants her to be with Jack, but nevertheless he loves her after knowing - how long, a couple of months? (They almost didn't see each other beforehand.)

Ok, it's a very far-fetched theory, I know, but if we don't count all these time limits, it suits! But I don't remember/know their age, so of course more attentive viewers will now destroy my theory with a few words))
Revenge: The best drama tv show since lost!!!
I never for a second thought it actually was Jack's baby that Amanda is carrying. For one thing it's way to convenient, her just showing up out of the blue like that. My theory is that when Amanda left the Hamptons she went somewhere to parts unknown and met up with some unsavory characters, like she used to know (or currently knows) from her days as a stripper before Frank found her and dragged her into this mess they call life in the Hamptons. So, when Amanda gets into trouble with whoever she's been hanging around with she decides to run back to the Hamptons in the hopes that someone will help/hide her. And, of course, Jack is only too willing to oblige when she tells him she's pregnant wit his baby. Since he's a stand up guy and all. Then we have the whole thing with Emily telling Jack who she really is and he will not believe her since he has who he thinks is the real Amanda back already. This will lead to a major blow up between Emily and Jack in which Nolan will be forced to choose sides between Jack and Emily, which could be very interesting. Then this situation where everyone is mad at everyone else will continue for a little while until the person Amanda is running from shows up in the Hamptons to find Amanda, which Jack will not let happen. This will lead to a fight or some sort of confrontation/showdown between this person/people who have come to find Amanda at the end of which people will have had their asses kicked and Amanda will be exposed as a fraud. After Jack tells Amanda to leave, which she reluctantly will. After that whole situation, Emily will have another go at telling Jack the truth or Jack will realize on his own that Emily telling the truth all along. Either way there will be some sort of "coming together" between the two of them.
1. The news were faked by the SCC agent after Victoria told him Conrad would blow up the plane.

2. Will definitely be back next season, maybe sent to rehab? Anyway Declan will feel guilty for not taking her call.

3. Too many to count! :D

4. Did not notice, have to rewatch those movies in English.

5. Don't think it's Jack's baby, but whatever. Maybe the writers will surprise us?

6. Definite YES.

7. Not sure yet. I would have loved to see her turn completely evil instead of being on her half-hearted revenge-driven quest. But I guess we need a heroine we can love, or something.

8. Looking forward to that storyline.
Awesome episode, awesome season, awesome show period... Can't wait for season 2. I can't see them killing Victoria, but Charlotte's death would really bother Emily, so she may not make it. Since Conrad found her fairly quick, maybe she can be saved. I know that that baby is not Jake's. This is Amanda's way to get back at Emily and keep her claws into Jack. The empty box gift was classic Victoria. hilarious!!! It was good that Emily didn't kill white hair guy. She shouldn't commit murder at all. That whipping she gave him was enough.
Also she had the flashback and decided to listen to her father when she was about to kill him. Can't wait to find out about Charlotte and victoria. By the way they had great music when they were boarding the planes. The baby couldn't be jacks, "amanda" has been gone longer than she's been pregnant.
Awesome episode, and the scene where Victoria tells her husband she will see him in Hell and goes to get on the plan while Charlotte is trying to kill herself was perfectly entertaining. I loved the song and the way it was edited together with the scenes.

I can't wait to watch another season!
Here we go

1. May sound crazy but I think Vicky got out of the plane on the other side.

2. Naw, she'll be frail and pitiful for a bit then be back full force

3. Hmm, anything nice Em said to Nolan

4. I didn't but WHOA!

5. Nope, not his!

6. Totally! I wish Emily had had a snappy comeback

7. No!

8. Lame! Wish David was alive instead
It's been months after the engagement party, why hasn't Emily opened the presents? I know she was kinda busy with the trial and stuff but it's been really too long.
The best choice for Amanda's mum is Virginia Madsen!!!!
Wow Loved It - how i wish season 2 starts tomoro!

1 - Not sure, but i hope she's not dead - i want to see the look on her face when the real Amanda comes out :D - but she probably didnt get on that plane or they got on another plane, because the news reporter only got info on the passengers from the manifest. (still hope)

2 - Probably gets saved, Declan will probably feel sorry for her she prob wont talk to him ... i dnno their relationships messed up :P

5 - OMG i never expected that...good job on the writers for that jaw dropping twist of events! I have a feeling the baby is part of a plan ... but man i was about to bitch slap that "amanda" chick....i was ready for the truth to come out then she comes in WTF!

6 - Loved that part!

7 - I have a feeling their related :P - for some weird reason i think he might be her grandfather :P lol

8 - I wouldnt mind seeing Felicity Hoffman as her mom. or Blythe Danner but as long as they can act im happy :D

Can't wait!!!
Isn't Teri Garr dead?
No, but she sure as heck doesn't look like that anymore.
WE ALL saw Felicity as the desperate housewive.. NOW I wanna see her as a bad ass in Revenge1!!!
ok, hear me out: how awesome would it be if matthew leblanc would play some random comatose patient and the doctors try to transplant victoria's still functioning brain (while everything else is burned) into leblanc's body?

also, I'd be probably hyped as you guys for season 2, but prison break's season 4 ruined all "evil conspiracy mom"-stories for good. ugh, that horrible horrible show!
I want Marcia Cross to be Emily's Mom. That would be AMAZING!
YES. Think about it. White-haired dude had way more respect for Emily's mom "You're a good fighter - you must have gotten that from your mother." I think Emily's Mom chose her own path of revenge over raising her daughter, placed her with David Clarke to protect her, thinking she'd be safe. But make no mistake, Emily's Mother, whoever she is, is going to be a freaking bad a**. And Marcia Cross is scary-fit, icy-cool, & could compete with Victoria Grayson's below-zero smiles toe-to-toe.
True - I can see her as her mom :D
You sold me on this!
best finale of the year
THAT WAS EPIC!!

Cannot wait for season 2!!!!
SO FREAKING AWESOME. SERIOUSLY. Emily IS Batman.

I've said it before that this show owes much of its foundation to "Dallas", the show that originated the season cliffhanger with J.R. getting shot. I think this episode just made that cliffhanger look like an explanation rather than a shot to build tension. I was jumping up off the couch screaming at the TV by the time we were 18 minutes into this episode and they DID NOT LET UP. The music swell over the plane boarding/pill taking? Perfectly chosen. Victoria's present? THE BEST. Emily with the AXE?! So bad-@$$. I also agree that the Emily/Nolan relationship is at the heart of the show. And they CANNOT kill off Victoria. She's the other half of the heart of the show.

-She will have been impervious to the bomb blast or whatever it was (including her $3,000 stunning dress) and just kind of float down to the ground like an angel just because she's awesome. No, seriously, she probably got off before the plane took off.

-Charlotte will be back, because she and Declan both need to be around otherwise the other becomes pointless to the show and they can't get rid of Declan because they can't get rid of Jack. That's how I read it.

-So many good choices, but I rewound it three times to keep hearing Nolan say "Revengy".

-I did, and it was awesome. I applaud the writers of this show a bunches.

-I think it would have to be Jack's baby. If not, then she is simply removed again and Jack and Emily go back to being a happy couple. But I don't really want it to be Jack's baby, I just won't be surprised if it is.

-Box of nothing = Victoria Grayson's perfect gift for them. Pure and simple, Victoria knows who she is and knows who the people are around her. She called it from day 1 and now Emily knows it. Awe. Some.

-I am. Plus, I mean, did you see the tears outside of the Stowaway? Emily is REAL, peoples.

-SO WELL DONE. I loved how they kept on her father and COMPLETELY IGNORED THE MOTHER ISSUE all season long. That brings up the shock now, rather than having them just talk and talk and talk about the mother. I do love this show so much. Also, I'm all for Blythe Danner. I think she could rock it as Emily's mom. Couldn't you just see her, VanCamp, and Stowe all squaring off against each other?
oh and charlottes going to wakeup in the hospital almost die so declan can feel like shit for not helping her and then declan will come running back to her
best part when nolan said "OMG" it could have totally have been "oh Em gee"

like oh emily gee

i laughed

Felicity or Blythe i think they look like her the most and are both badasses

xo
That's what I call quality TV! Lets cancel all the crap and give moa monies to shows like Revenge!
Uma Thurman....!!!!

Felicity Hoffman
1: Victoria parachutes in some ridiculous place and the painter finds her

2: Charlotte survives and becomes a nun

3: Don't do anything revenge-y

4:?

5:Fake-Amanda's baby is Frank's

6: Best Gift Ever!

7: I hoped she butchered him Dexter-style with that beautiful axe

8: Courtney Love would be great!
Great finale. Courtney Love as Emily's mom, you're funny.
there are cool shows and there are cool shows! This one is the coolest!!!!!!
Great recap thanks. May I say that i definitely agree with you that its great they are showing that Amanda actually has heart. It makes it easier to sympathise with her. I'm not sure about wanting her to hook up with Nolan, he is too nice and sweet for her. I definitely do not agree about Ashley and Daniel being together. I can't stand Ashley's character. That actress was far better in "Secret Diaries of a Call Girl", I think she belongs in roles like that.

In answer to some of your questions, i don't think Charlotte or Victoria are dead. The present thing was definitely the bitchiest thing I've ever seen on television but it was a bit hard to believe.

Also, why had't she already opened it? Perhaps I am wrong, but I thought that engagement presents were supposed to be opened at or after the engagement party, not saved til later.

I don't even know what to say about Amanda being back! I definitely don't think she is right for Jack. I so wanted Emily to be with him.

I vote for Laura Linney as the Mom.

One last thing: Nolan rocks!
She belongs in the role of a trashy hooker? Harsh.
I'm going to start at the end and work my way up, the whole Emily not killing thing, sad but foretold. She's the hero and heroes don't kill in revengish cold blood(unless your name begins with G and ends in Callen), not even Dexter did, he just likes to kill people and will make up a good excuse to do so. Declan and Charlotte will end up back together because Declan feels guilty, or if she dies, then he'll pull a Joe Hardy, and try to sex anyone that walks his way, and take stupid risks that will bound to get him killed. Jack won't notice because he'll be to busy with faux-amandas baby. I think he's going to try to marry her, but he won't in the end. Victoria never got on that plane, you could see it when she faltered, she would of gotten back off. The whole you're mums alive, that must be this seasons trend, they did it H50 and if you want get technical OUaT. An actual review of this episode would be: amazing. You get to see the softer side of Emily, how vindictive Victoria is(lol empty box), what happened to Amanda, all in all it was amazing the perfect season finale.
too many comments to read so I'm not sure if someone else said this or not but this is what I think is going to happen with the whole baby thing

Jack is going to marry Amanda because he is just noble that way (you could see it in his eyes and they way he asked to walk Emily to her car that he wanted to tell her that he loves her but has to do the right thing)

For some reason I see Declan and Nolan somehow doing a sneaky paternity test on the baby after its born and finding out its not Jack's. Both of them are too smart to believe for a second that the kid is actually his.

Amanda dies somehow (possible hypotherma from a skimpy bathing suit) and Jack keeps and takes care of the baby because again he has that damn honorable streak.
1.- She MUST survive and see how Emily/Amanda destroyed her family.

2.- Naaayy. She enjoys the drama, like her mom.

3.- dunno

4.- NO O_o'

5.- No way!! She's lying. And just because she's pregnant it doesn't mean that Jack must stick with her.

6.- Huahuahua eveeeer!

7.- Yes. Now he'll help her.

8.- I've had a feeling about it...and know it's real. My bet is Laura Linney or Felicity Huffman.
1. The conniving bitch never got on THAT plane... She just wanted stupid Lydia gone... Can't blame her!

2. Hope so!

3. The 'face to face' line when she's talking to the white haired man... Mostly because of Emily's awesome badass face!

4. Well used! Only show that deserves them!

5. It's gonna be a little chinees baby, from Takeda... That's where she was all this time, right??

6. I would put a little lead laces on the botom to make it just a little less obvious, i guess. Other then that, it's a nice present for the gossipy-girlfriend of my not so cool boyfriend best friend ... :D

7. Duh! Emo-Ems al the way!

8. UMA THURMAN! UMA THURMAN! UMA THURMAN!!!!!
Okay, I'm new here, but absolutely NO on the talk of Emanda & Nolan or Amily & Jack. Ridiculous. Otherwise, this is the Revenge Photo Recap, I love these things.

Price Peterson (TSC & TVD), were my firsts and you Ms. Lily Sparks are my second.

Your Mom choices are premium grade I say, Felicity, Blythe, Sharon or Laura.

I will so join a FB FanPage dedicated to giving people *The Victoria* for the next 3 years.
1.They may act like Victoria bit the dust, and she may even be gone for a few episodes (even not having Madeliene Stowe's name in the credits), but then reveal she faked her death and is not in witness protection...or she could be gone and I'll be devastated lol

2.I don't think Charlotte's dead, they probably will do more with her story. If she's dead, then I'll be shocked, but not as shocked if Victoria is really dead.

3.Nolan's usual witty dialogue

4.Nope didn't notice!

5.I highly doubt it, but it's possible (although I think Takeda has planned this)

6.HILARIOUS. SCENE.

7.Yeah, he'll be a great villain

8.Now that you've shown me Laura Linney, I can't picture anyone else being Emily's mom lol, but only time will tell who she'll be!
1. She's fricking Victoria Grayson! Evil doesn't die that easily! The woman is a bamf in her own right so she'll somehow be unaffected by this. I'm thinking Lydia's 9 lives are up but my darling Vicki ain't going nowhere...she'll be found gorgeous and bitchy somewhere.

2. I kinda hope so? Who roots for that? Its horrible. But I've never found her remotely interesting. She and Declan are a drag. In fact I feel bad for the pretty Yonkers girl...

3. How can you choose just one?! Seriously?! As usual..Nolan for the win

"Do not do anything revengy until I get there. Got it?" or "I am not worthy." There was also that whole spiel Emily fed Nolan...it just gave me fuzzies that she finally acknowledges how much she loves and appreciates him.

4. I hadn't...but that's what makes this show so awesome. I'm still loving the irony used last week of putting the camera /bug in an Orwell novel!

5.Hell no. Either Faux-Manda is faking her pregnancy..or some shady shizz was jumping off in whatever undisclosed location Takada had her in! My guess is Takada is behind a pregnancy..in another attempt at keeping Emily focused. Because he probably knows that Emily's all googly eyed for Jack now and Takada can't help but interfere. As for the paternity thing...you KNOW Nolan is going to be the one that requests a paternity test. Seriously don't know what Emily and Jack would do w/o Nolan. He's Emily's voice of reason and trusty sidekick/confidante and he's Jack's common damn sense!

6. BEST present ever! I think I said "Oh Snap!" when that happened. I'm doing that.I have to...okay I'll secretly want to and get a real gift because I put up a front but am virtually incapable of being bitchy like that. Being nice sucks. I need lessons from Victoria. Desperately.

7. Yes and No. There kind of should have been blood...but morally she did the right thing. Pluse he's the keeper of so much information.

8. I had JUST been talking about how I wonder what happen with her mom!And then my interest peaked when I heard the white haired guy make that statement. I'm so curious as to what will come of that! It was awesome! What sort of stuff was her mum in if she sounds just as badass as Emily? What could make her not return to her daughter after all that has gone down?! I can't wait!

- Amanda is a female Tyler. She makes my skin crawl and I sort of loathe her. Minus the sort of. She has an angle and it won't be pretty.

-HOW AWESOME IS NOLAN?!! Seriously he's the best character on this show and has been all season. His loyalty is unparalleled. He was amazing...and the whole backing up the drive thing and staying relatively calm under pressure now means he's oddly jaded. I mean he's grown so accustom to the scheming that now he's handling things better and smartening up. Now if only Emily teaches him a kung fu move or two...and maybe how to have better security in his mansion. Nolan is the best friend a girl can have. I don't want to see a romantic relationship between him and emily. I like them platonic...but I love him so much and love their interaction so much that I don't care how it plays out as long as their working together.

- I don't hate Dashley! It sounds all fancy! I hope something does happen just so I can see Victoria's face when she discovers her precious Daniel went from a billionaire to a scheming, opportunistic, gold digging pauper! LOVE it! Plus it'll somehow make Ashley more interesting because she sucked with her working with Tyler thing. This could be fun and interesting.

This show was amazing from the pilot onward.
That was an awesome finale. I know Victoria won't be dead, and she better not be. She's the best character!
Soooo many awesome moments. After watching finale and realizing that Conrad knew all along that the plane was going to go down, I remembered the moment where Lydia told him that she wasn't escaping with him. He basically knew then that she was going to die and gave her a kiss goodbye. Suppeer evil of him and a pretty cool scene :).

I didn't care too much for the whole Jack/Amanda stuff though. I would be pretty happy if both of them drove into the sunset together.. forever :).

As for who died, I definitely don't think this show would exist without Victoria so she 100% did not die. Charlotte could die but I think the show wants to eventually do a scene between her and Emily where Emily tells her the whole truth. I highly doubt they will kill her off until then. So if one person died, then its probably Lydia although they said that it would be someone loved by the fans and Lydia doesnt really fit the part.

Question though, why didn't the WHG tell Conrad that his possible future daughter in law is Amanda Clark?

As for the questions:

1. Victoria survived

2. Charlotte ain't dead yet

3. "Don't do anything revenge-y" - Nolan

4. Nope, didn't notice!

5. I don't know who's baby it is but its definitely part of Takeda's plan!

6. Box of nothing was a great moment XD! Victoria just keeps getting bitchier every episode and it's awesome!

7. I think it was a good character development moment for her and obviously she couldn't kill him cause then next season would be screwed up a bit.

8. Kind of saw it coming since they never really talked about what EXACTLY happened with her and hopefully it shall get interesting!

Also, awesome recap Lily :) enjoyed this season so much more because of your recaps! Can't wait for season 2 ^^!

All I know is - Amanda's baby is not Jack's. I'm even thinking that she's faking the whole pregnancy, but I'm damn sure the baby is not Jack's. And finally! Emily broke it off with Danny the Dummy. I'm glad.

Victoria's not dead, she can't be. It'd be weird to not have her annoying smile in season 2.

Oh, it's going to be a wild ride. Can't wait!
I think she's faking the pregnancy too!
The finale was ok, but not as outstanding as I was hoping - let's be honest, there were many better episodes during the season. Don't get me wrong, I really like the show but except Amanda's pregnancy there were no real surprises. I was sure Emily wouldn't kill the white-haired guy. I knew the evidence will never make it to Washington. Hopefully the writers also pay more attention to small things that have begun to bother people (not only me): Where is Nolan's security? No guards (he had one before), no fancy tech stuff (he is a tech guy, no motion sensor's, nothing???) and why does Emily throw the steel-axe away after the hitting the white-haired man and runs to the next room? That makes no sense at all. Those are small things but they keep happening. But again: Love the show and looking forward to season 2.
1. Victoria: How will she survive?

Good old fashion, using everyone else as human shields and digging her way out of their scorched corpses.

2. Charlotte: down for the count?

I hope not she has to find out that emily is her sister

3. What was your favorite line from last night?

Absolutely the best line ever was Nolan: "Don't do anything revengey"

I havent seen either so i didnt notice

5. Faux-Amanda's baby is Jack's or no way in haaayuhl?

Oh HELL NO that baby is not Jacks!!! It better not be!

6. BOX OF NOTHING: bitchiest present ever!?

The Bitchiest. Hands down was the best!!

7. Are you glad Emily didn't kill the white-haired guy?

A little, just cos it makes her less evil

8. Emily's mom: What's up with that?

I am looking forward to finding out!

Can't. Wait. For. Season. 2!!!!
Like, you said: Victoria will play the swamp thing and be washed up on some sandy beach. Memory loss included? If we have Batman already then Jason Bourne surely isn't far away. As for that. Does this make Nolan Robin? Hilarious, he's got the shoes for this part.

My favorite line clearly came from our resident Robin: "O...M...G! Alright... Look, just stay right were you are and do not do anything revenge-y until I get there"

My insides were tapdancing with joy and laughter although it was a really sad moment for Emily. I wish Jack would have noticed by now that "his" Amanda is fake. As for her baby... I think no DNA tests will be necessary as it will surely be born full ninja mode. ^^

I don't know what to make of Emily's conscience getting in her way of offing the white haired guy. He knows who she is and he will be spreading the news to his buddies, or not? Now, he has a really strong motive to attack and kill Emily and Nolan. But we'll have to wait for season two to see that line unfold.

It was a class ride with Revenge and I can't wait until I get more. Secretly, I was hoping that Emily's Dad would still be alive but her mother is even better. We don't know anything about her. I'd like it to be Laura or Felicity that would be great. But I'm sure that Revenge will surprise us in a real pleasant way next fall.

And not to forget! Thanks, Lily! For keeping me thouroughly entertained with your thoughts on each and every episode. It was fun to share the exitement about Revenge with you! :)
It was cool as hell that the white haired man didn't give her up...also..There's no way Victoria is dead..or...That baby is Jacks....I give 50/50 odds on Charlotte being dead...Box Of Nothing was AWESOME!!!
What I like about Revenge is that uses the classic plots of the spanish telenovelas but in a way so clever and so believable that you can accept them. By the way, I have to watch the episode again, but there is a chance that V boarded Conrad's plane? The one he planned to use to get to Cayman?

And I am totally looking toward Emily taking care of Charlotte.
No matter what plane they boarded, the White Haired Man was shown setting the bomb in place right as Victoria boarded onto the plane.
I'll bet the first ep of season 2 will start with a funeral and we won't find out by the end of the episode who was burried, charlotte or victoria.

btw, didn't you see the wink the white hair guy gave to Emily's spy cam at the office? He knows who she really is, he knows she is spying on the graysons... is he going to tell about it?
Actually, based on recent interviews, we're supposed to be starting with a wedding and a murder. We're also going to be back in the summer at the Hamptons again. So a few months will have passed since the finale.

And awhile back, Mike Kelley said if we get a Season 3, we'd be starting with a funeral. So it's like: engagement > wedding > funeral.

I love the pacing and set up of Revenge. It's awesome!
I'm sure this show will go beyond season 3 :D It just keeps getting better :D Hurry up season 2 hehe...but thanks cant wait....whos getting married? ("Amanda" & Jack)?
Love this and thanks for this news!
1. Victoria could be in a coma or surviving and trying to get out of a ditch

2. Charlotte is confirmed to be back next season so I guess Conrad called the ambulance just in time.

3. I'd say the line of Victoria to Lydia that you already quoted :-it will make your taxi bounce seem like a week in Saint Tropez

4. some of them

5. I don'T know, could be... time frame fits and who else would of impreg her? the japanese dude?? I don't think so.

6. yes bitchiest present, I said it out loud when I saw it: -What a bitch

7. glad not really but its a good thing because of how the rest unfolds, but couldn't she ask him some questions about the initiative or even her mother, he did seemed to know a lot about her...

8. I thought she could be High profile or maybe she's a mafia queen and David Clark went in witness protection, IDK she could even be the head of Americon initiative.

seriously anything goes.