Rumor Has It Someone's Gonna Die on Ringer; Who Will It Be?

You think you’re tired of me hating on Ringer every week? Imagine how I feel. It’s not even that this show is the worst thing I watch—oh, how I wish that were the case. It’s more that I’m frustrated by the series’ persistent mediocrity. Yes, there are twists, and every once in a while they take me by surprise, but for the most part, it’s fake-out after fake-out, clumsy character development, and way too much CW-approved music.

Regarding last night's episode, I will say that I like where the Charlie (or should I say John?) storyline is going—though this guy is kind of awful at maintaining his front. Buy some more clothes, geez! Otherwise, I thought it was kind of a bore. Does anyone give a crap about Andrew’s business? Or Olivia? While the visit to Siobhan’s shrink was interesting, I feel like it ultimately wasted its potential. Siobhan talked about being paranoid, which was almost definitely part of her master plan. What new information did we glean?

I’m way more intrigued by Michael Ausiello’s most recent Ask Ausiello column for TVLine, in which he writes, “A major [Ringer] character is about to take his/her last breath.” Death! Real death! There’s nothing I enjoy more than needless speculation, so I thought I’d offer my top picks for Ringer’s first casualty.

Juliet

You knew I was going to say it. Juliet has never worked for me as a character on this show, and the more time Ringer spends on her, the less engaged I find myself. While killing Juliet would be a pretty dark move for the show to make, it could be a good one. What if Juliet were offed by her seemingly friendly teacher? That would quickly establish Mr. Carpenter as a merciless villain. Plus, Juliet’s death would draw Andrew into the game—who knows how he’d act after losing the person who matters to him most?

Malcolm

The other obvious choice: Next to Juliet, Malcolm is Ringer’s weakest link. It’s a lot more likely that the show would dispose of Malcolm, and I do like the ramifications for Bridget. She’s operating under the assumption that all the very bad things happening around her are a threat against Siobhan—Malcolm’s death would reveal that she’s a target, too. Not to mention the toll that it would take on her psyche. After all, Malcolm is the only character who knows who “Siobhan” really is.

Agent Machado

Seriously, just put him out of his misery. Let Nestor Carbonell move on to a show that knows how to use him properly. I suppose killing Machado would throw a wrench in the story, given that his pursuit of Bridget is kind of integral to the plot. But it’s not going anywhere—and if he is getting closer to the truth, it hasn’t shown. Plus, without Machado, Bridget might feel even more threatened, leading her to step things up in unraveling the mystery.

Bridget

Now, hear me out. Killing Bridget would be a game-changer, to say the least, and a risky move. I’m not even sure it would be the right one. But if Ringer really wants to up its shock value, it’s going to have to pull the rug out from under us entirely. Getting rid of Bridget would force Siobhan into the spotlight, and she’s clearly the more interesting sister. I know that kills the whole twin thing, but hey, no more awful green screen! Besides, there could always be another sister somewhere. Triplets!

Which Ringer character do you think will die first?

Juliet I wouldn't miss. Malcolm...I might. Olivia or Henry might be other candidates - especially since otherwise, Olivia seems certain to try and out Shiv's affair with Henry to Andrew in an attempt to bring him back on side in the business. And Henry being killed might pre-empt any trouble there, too.

Bridget is clearly a non-starter, since the entire show is from her pov. It would be a bizarre jump to suddenly switch to Shiv.
I think it will be Charlie or Malcom leading to some clue that Shobian is alive and is the brain behind the whole thing.

In this week ep, i like the fact that we saw that shioban really orchestrated her sister's escape. No doubt here, she's a bitch ! Gemma being alive is a shocker too even though we all had our doubts about her death as we didn't see any body. I liked the tension at the end of the ep when malcom was seconds away to find her in the basement. That's not the kind of tension you got easily in "daytime" soaps (I guess, I'm not a big fan of those). I'm just glad that we got out of classic storylines such as "Gemma love Henry who loves Shobian who loves no one but is married to Andrew who has the family money of Henry and Gemma and believes having a kid with shioban, just like Henry but both of them are wrong because shobian is her twin sister... bla bla bla".

I'm not sad that this ep was Juliet-free. The problem with this point was imo the cheesiness of Bridget's falling for Andrew : seriously gal, do you have time for love ?

Last Major Point : Charlie gets promoted to the "My line is title of the episode" rank. Good job buddy !
How about whole the show?
Maybe Victoria Grayson is gonna die.

Oh, sh##, that's another show...
Wow, you hate too much on this show because there is far worse on tv! I really enjoyed the episode, and for once you should have really loved it since there was no Juliet. The whole Olivia thing is another piece of the puzzle, if you didn't notice her get evidence from Henry's phone that he and Siobhan were more than friends. The fake outs and twists and turns are what make it fun and entertaining. I'd much rather have that then more reality junk shows. I think Malcom or Charlie will die but they are obvious choices.
It's obviously Charlie, the gunman Siobhan hired.
How about killing off Juliet, Malcolm and Henry in some mass murder at the hands of Siobhan? Now that would pull the rug out from under us!
I really really really really REALLY hope Juliet kicks rocks right off a cliff. Seriously she has now reached pray for death status along with 97% of the Walking Dead cast. I missed the episode before this one, so I have to ask how in the hell has Andrew not suspected anything about his "wife" yet? Especially after he found out she had a twin, this new and improved woman minus the cold heart (and vagina) is now all nice and you don't question it at all?
Malcolm might be killed off. Either him or Gemma as he failed to save her.
All of these sound good and would likely make the show more interesting than it is now. Bridget dying would just be too radical though, as it looks like "Ringer" likes to play it safe. I'll put my money on Malcolm, but wouldn't be completely blind-sided if it was Andrew. I hope it's Juliet though, her story just seem way too trivial compared to everyone else. I know CW loves teenagers, but why should I care about this one?
bridget really?
Yes, I AM tired of you hating on Ringer every week! But I must read these because you make some very valid points ...and I'm also interested to see if you'll ever start enjoying it! (:

Malcolm please. Every episode, I want him gone.

Then Olivia. I hate her.

The most plausible choice here is Malcolm but Ausiello said a major character. So it's either Malcolm or Henry or a far off choice they find the real Siobhan dead somewhere in Paris. Hey, I did say it was a far off choice.
What about killing off Henry? He is kind of a useless character. He won't tell Andrew about their affair and if he were any type of human being he would be seriously poking around for info on where his wife is even if only for the sake of his kids and then that would lead him to Charlie/John adn too close to siobhan and her plan so she'd have to off him or include him in her plot.
They'll probably kill off Malcolm first, unfortunately. And Nestor Carbonell doesn't need to 'move on' to another show -- it's not like he's destined for bigger things.
How about killing Malcom, Julliet and Machado, that would make the show so much better!
I agree completely with the whole article. Your speculations of who might die, are right . Though I think Malcolm should go first. He couldn't even open a door. What a loser. This episode plot was actually great, but they didn't take advantage of it's full potential. I really liked the whole therapist visit and Bridget's 'risky' return in the office. The ending scene with Malcolm should go in a different direction. I think, it would be much more thrilling if he actually opened the door and saw Gemma and right at the moment when he was trying to set her free, he hears keys in the front door. Now that would be an ending. C'mon writers. wake up. This is supposed to be a 'thriller' show.
I'd wish it was Juliet or Malcolm or Gemma for real - all present (at least for me) different stages of annoyance. Well, my guess is Charlie/John though, now that they are onto him... probably with the gun Bridget gave him :o...
I would have thought it fairly obvious that its Gemma who's being offed.
It's just going to be Gemma, let's not all get so excited.
malcom or the girl currently locked up in the basement

Two options, thought I don't know if they are considered major characters:

Olivia. Immediately when I saw her starting to plot against Bridget, I thought: "she needs to die." The only way she will get out of the picture and not tell Andrew that Bridget slept with Henry is to kill her.

Charlie. OK, now when Bridget and Malcolm have figured out that he is the bad guy, it would be convenient with a confrontation of some kind with the gun involved. Charlie dies, which leads to more problems for Bridget. I can't see a character like Charlie lurking around much longer anyway.
Ok I agree Juliet needs to die! She is a pointless character, her only purpose thus far was uttering the episode titles during her pointless screen time. However, we all know she will not die that would be too dark.

Favorite line of your article: "way too much CW approved music" seriously the music in last nights episode was over the top bad. It was like they were trying to be annoying.

Also, you say nothing happened during last nights episode but quite a bit actually happened. We discovered that Siobhan planned on bringing Bridget to her. John/Charlie hired the cop that pushed Bridget towards Siobhan. This is a huge development! This brings up the question is Machado working for Siobhan?

Also GEMMA IS ALIVE!! I really could not care less about her but you have to admit this is a development. Also, you failed to mention how amazing her absence was.

Last statement, I predict that Siobhan will be back by the end of the season. This show is moving so fast but so slow at the same time. Siobhan will probably be back in New York by the season finale.
I hope it's Malcolm. He's so blah.
Can we kill them all off ? Had to stop thought it brought be back in with the Jema murder and looked to be set up of husband but new sponsor as hit man old sponsor after weeks of being beaten and shot up walks and talks fine. I gave up.

Juliet is too cute and minor character wouldn't matter how about Jema husband kill him off or new sponsor slash hit man . If they are to kill off bridget or Siobhan do it as finale

• 8:00 pm