See the Cougar Town Cast's Collective Off-Season Cameos (VIDEO)

I know a bunch of you guys are Cougar Town fans, and after reading the outcry that arose when ABC left the show off its midseason schedule back in November, I have to admit I've been thinking about marathoning it this weekend in time for Tuesday's Season 3 premiere.

Anyway, it appears that ABC is finally ready to start promoting the show again, and thus released a video in which series creator Bill Lawrence and stars Courteney Cox, Josh Hopkins, Busy Philipps, Ian Gomez, and Brian Van Holt discuss their plot to keep their show alive in the off-season by making appearances on other TV shows.

Unfortunately, there's no mention of last spring's swap-a-roo between Cougar Town and Community (Cougar Town, as all good Community fans know, is Abed's favorite TV show). Though I suppose we might have seen another Cougar Town-to-Community cameo earlier this year if Community hadn't ALSO BEEN SHELVED. Ugh.

But at least one of the two shows is on its way back soon, so for now let's take what we can get and keep pulling for the Greendale gang in the meantime. Who knows, maybe we'll even see them on Cougar Town! (Their ongoing appearances on The Soup have been great, and I know Yvette Nicole Brown and Danny Pudi guest-starred on Chuck, but have you seen the Community cast members anywhere else lately?)

So on that note, here are some first-look photos from Tuesday's season premiere, which from the look of things involves a marriage proposal and a LOT of toilet paper.

QUESTIONS:

– Are you excited for Cougar Town's return?

– Had you noticed any of the cameos in the video above before the internet told you about them? (International readers: They're all on YouTube, just not as handily compiled in one video or intercut with cast interviews as they are above.)

– How underrated of a show is Cougar Town, on a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being "severely underrated")? Fans, what would you say to people who haven't watched to convince them to start?

RELATED STORIES:

Work It Is Officially Canceled, Cougar Town Has a Return Date

ABC Leaves Cougar Town Off Its Midseason Schedule

Community Gets Extra-Meta With Cougar Town

I noticed the cameo in Castle
I'm very glad it's back, it's a great show, one of the funniest on TV. I actually watch just about all of them show's but I don't remember any of them cameos - obviously I'm not very attentive.

Was that Christa Miller in the cameo with Courtney Cox (and what show was that on)?

I did notice Dan on Suburgatory, but he had a large role on that so I'd have to be completely brain-dead to have missed it.

I could have swarn that there was a press release saying that they were definately going to change the name of the show, are they going to stick with Cougar Town now?
The show is a 7 of underratedness, it's pretty underrated but it's still a sitcom. I'm quite looking forward to watching it again after such a long break.

I wonder why they didn't mention Dan Byrd on Suburgatory, is it because he was a main character instead of an extra for his episode? As for the others, I noticed Josh Hopkins on Castle and was expecting it to be a bigger role, so that was awesome. I fear I missed Busy Philips on Happy Endings, I suspect I was just glancing at my phone or something. I remember the episode of The Middle with Brian Van Holt, but I came in late and missed that part. I wonder why Christa Miller didn't do an off-show cameo, is she too good being the wife of the showrunner? :-P
I'd say on a scale it's a 7. And i'm SUPER happy it's FINALLY back! I'm too poor to drink wine along with them each episode but i'll usually crack open a beer. Can't wait to be tipsy every Tuesday night! YEAHHHHHHHHHH
I saw the castle one- it confused me. I thought he was going to be a main character for the episode. Then he wasn't.
On a scale of 1-10, I'll give it a 9+ as underrated. I think a lot of people wrote it off early because of the name. But, what else would you call it?
I love Cougar Town. I think it hits all the right comedy notes for me. It is one of very few sitcoms that I will watch multiple times.

I love the cross overs with my other favorite sitcom, Community last season.

Cougar Town and Community 4-EVER!
SUPER EXCITED!! :D i miss Cougar Town!! :D and Community! :D Valentine's Day please come sooner! :D
8 on a scale of 1-10. It's got such a quirky charm that reminds me of Happy Endings, and of course Community. It rarely takes itself seriously (actually it NEVER takes itself seriously), yet it always manages to make feel something for these characters. They all have stable relationships, they love each other, yet they play pranks on one another and goof around constantly and it always feels warm and loving. I guess in that sense it's a lot like Bill Lawrence's other show, Scrubs. Basically it's wonderful and you all should DEFINITELY WATCH IT.
Too bad the best cameos weren't mentioned: Busy Philipps at the Golden Globes and SAG awards and Josh Hopkins also at SAGs (with Octavia Spencer no less) ;P

And I've only seen a couple of episodes, but I'm seriously considering watching it from the start.
"Cougar Town" is VERY underrated in my opinion, the biggest problem with the show being (and they are VERY aware of this) its name. That's what kept me from watching it for a while. Marathon it, it's worth it.

-So, yes, I'm excited for its return (I think that's obvious).

-Hadn't noticed any of them. That's pretty darn awesome, though, and very like this show (see: "Community"/"Cougar Town" swap from last season mentioned above).

-I'd say it's about an 8.5 on underrated. Not quite "Arrested Development" and "Firefly", but definitely "Dollhouse" and "Dead Like Me" levels. The biggest thing I have to say to convince people to watch it is to FORGET about the COUGAR concept. Bill Lawrence is kind of upset that he painted himself into a corner with that name, and they have no qualms about changing the name of the show if that's what it takes. Aside from one "cougar"ish storyline for Jules which ends after like 6 episodes, the show has nothing about Cougar women (excepting one liners from one character, which then are mocked in reference to the show's title) and everything to do with friends living and hanging out together (and drinking wine). Also, approach it with the same sort of whimsy that you approached "Scrubs" (shocking, I know, since the same guy created both shows).
so excited for it, fav. comedy last season and definately super underrated
Am I excited about Cougar Town? Hell yes! It wasn't for ABC bringing these stupid shows like Work it on the schedule I think it would have been back on a long time ago. I remembered Josh Hopkins on Castle and Busy Philips on Happy Endings. I do think Cougar Town is underrated. On a scale of 1-10 I would say a 8.